Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Doom & Groove vs Vengeance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lyza Reyes & Devin Brando vs Kimberly Williams & Jessica Lasiewicz

4 RP Limit for tag

11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, January 12, 2020
==========
January 1st, 2021
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

This run down home would appear, at first glance, to be abandoned.  It appears to be un-kept and completely ignored, allowing time to do its dirty work of destruction.  Sections of ceiling hang limp in the stagnant air. Fragments of plaster lie damp over a long untrodden floor, their only purpose to soak in the seasonal rain. Cold water seeps through window frames, rotten and blistered, to nurse the mildew and rise up wallpapers that peel.  Dust lay over every surface like dirty snow, pristine dust layer, not a foot print anywhere, dust bunnies the size of bowling balls tumbled across the floor boards toward unseen skittles, free papers piled up to the letter box and cascaded all the way to the foot of the rough wooden stairs, old tea cups lay on a coffee table thickly encrusted with dried up mould, dust covered mirrors, smell of mildew, stale air, air thick with dust, shafts of light bursting through gaps in the boarded up window, light streaming through the gaps in the heavy velvet curtains, absolute silence, not even the hum of a refrigerator, the houses only occupants weaved their webs between the spindles of the stair banisters and from the ceiling to the wall, old cobwebs billowed in the draft.

It may not look like much, and most would consider these conditions to be unlivable, but for Kimberly Williams this is home. Kimberly has never wanted much in life, even before she gained a foothold upon her sanity and gained acceptance within her family.  Hell, gaining acceptance within her family could have allowed her to have all of the lap of luxury that she wanted.

Yet she never wanted any luxury.  Living in slums like this helps keep her grounded.  And in her own twisted way, this has helped make her thankful for what she has.  She doesn’t need nor does she want to live the lap of luxury, despite knowing that she easily could.  She is the daughter of Angelica Jones, after all; if her mother wouldn’t give her a nice place to stay, Kimberly knows that her twin sister Marie’s place is also available.  And Marie, who definitely inherited the Jones family attraction to luxury, has the best home she could find.  But Kim wants none of that.  Even Kimberly’s own boyfriend, Tommy Wasley, has a place much nicer than this dump where Kim is staying.  But Kimberly doesn’t want to live the lap of luxury.  She would rather maintain some connection of what reality is like rather than to be sheltered by money and privilege.

No, the raggedy sofa she currently finds herself lying on is not the most comfortable in the world.  In fact, it is quite stiff and any normal human being would get back problems if they were to stay on it for an extended period of time.  But Kimberly likes it.  And that’s all that matters to her.  Kimberly is staring with a bright grin at a cage that sits on a dusty red coffee table.  Inside that cage is a hamster.  A hamster she calls ‘Caligula’...

...yes, Kimberly named her pet hamster after a monstrously evil Roman Emperor.  And yes, Kimberly talks to this hamster.  Talking to your pets isn’t strange though, is it?  But it is strange when you decide to provide a voice for your pet by talking back to yourself.

“Sweet Caligula!” Kimberly says in a sickeningly sweet voice, talking to the hamster that sits and eats pellets in his cage.  “Mommy misses you when she’s on the road!  Yes she does!  But trust me, she’s gutting all sorts of bad people just for you, buddy!”

“I don’t miss you, slut.”

“Caligula?!  Is that a nice thing to say to mommy?!”

“Don’t care.  Fact is if you missed me you’d dump the Polish bitch and the wrestling gig altogether and just stay home and oggle me all the time.  Actually, scratch that, I don’t really want you hanging around my furry little hamster ass all the time.”

The Woman Scorned sighs deeply. “I suppose you’re right, Caligula.  If we spent more time together we’d eventually get on each other’s nerves.  In fact, it’s a wonder that I haven’t gotten on Jessica’s nerves yet?”

“There may be a reason for that, you red headed bimbo.”

“Why’s that?”

“Think about it.  You are the most nerve racking, eccentric psychopath I know.  You send most people running for the hills either by your annoying personality or out of fear that you’re going to cut them.  The fact that Jessica is still with you means…”

“IT MEANS SHE LOVES ME!” Kimberly says happily, jumping jubilantly and clapping her hands happily.  She stops after a few moments and gazes happily down at her hamster Caligula.

“Actually I was gonna suggest that Jessica is just as fucking insane as you but your answer works.  As long it shuts you up and lets me eat my pellets in peace.”

Kimberly blows a kiss at the hamster. “Love you, Caligula!”

“Fuck you.”

The redhead jumps onto the nearby sofa...it isn’t very comfortable but here again The Woman Scorned doesn’t really care much for comfort.  Her life never has been one for comfort and has always been a struggle or a fight of some sort.  This most recent struggle has been one to earn the trust of her half-sister, “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz.  They share the same mother, Angelica Jones, but have different fathers and as a result vastly different upbringings.  Most people look at Kimberly now and think of how dangerous she is, but the truth is this Kimberly is tame compared to how unstable and violent she was when she was first unleashed upon the world at the age of eighteen. Kimberly was so rotten that she even kidnapped her own identical twin sister, Marie Jones, and took her place for several months before eventually having her plan stopped by none other than Jessica Lasiewicz.  The Archangel swore she would never trust Kimberly again and that she would do her best to make sure Kimberly got anywhere near the family again.  It’s hard wired in the genetics of The Polish warrior that she finds it very hard to give anyone a second chance.  She believed the best protection was to never again give Kimberly a chance. Never again.

It took a lot of convincing on the part of their mother to get the siblings together to try this partnership.  But luckily for Kimberly, Jessica was convinced to give her one chance; just one second chance.  And Kimberly did not let that second chance go to waste.  You see, this tag team in Supreme Championship Wrestling, Vengeance, it isn’t just about trying to become tag team champions.  For Jessica this is about seeing how much Kimberly has changed and for Kimberly this is about earning Jessica’s trust.  This is about forming a sisterly bond that they never had.

Kimberly smiles warmly as she feels that least that part of this experiment is successful.  Still other challenges are on the horizon for Jessica and Kimberly.  Still they must face the daunting task of battling the tag teams of SCW.  They haven’t been booked much but that is due in large part to the ongoing tag team league.  Kimberly and Jessica have been watching it with great interest, realizing that the many teams involved are looking to make their mark.  And even now new teams are taking an interest and joining the tag team fray; among them the team of Doom and Groove.  Devin Brando and Lyza Reyes are no strangers to SCW, having participated in previous SCW tournaments.  But now they are signed to a tag team contract.  On the January 13th edition of Breakdown, they will be battling Kimberly and Jessica.

The Woman Scorned is having difficulty focusing on their upcoming match in SCW.  The return of Sorinah Floreschu into the life of Jessica Lasiewicz has brought about troubled times for Vengeance.  Jessica’s history with the woman is well known, for twice she was around her and tried to manage her career.  But her interest in Jessica is still unknown.  But now Kimberly has come to the realization that she also has a connection to Sorinah.

This mystery woman happens to be the surviving sister of Emma Storm, the woman who took Kimberly at birth and raised her off the grid.  The woman who turned Kimberly into The Woman Scorned.

Kimberly’s thoughts are suddenly stopped when the power goes out.  Ordinarily this wouldn’t be an unusual circumstance.  It isn’t like Kimberly is living in the best of neighborhoods or living in the best of homes.  Something like a power outage should be easily explained.  But Kimberly was also trained to know foul play when she sees it.  And she definitely senses foul play here.  Whatever is at play here, will have The Woman Scorned to deal with.  Kimberly swings her legs off the sofa and then she hops up onto her feet.

“Well, well, well, the power went out.  How convenient?  I know Caligula didn’t chew through the wires.  And I’m fairly certain I paid my power bill on time.  Could it be some stupid kids from down the street?  If it is any dumb kids just be aware that I have a penguin and I know how to use him!”

The penguin she references is obviously not an ordinary penguin, but the plush toy penguin stuffed with lead weights and now has become a lethal weapon.  Kimberly smirks knowingly as she listens for an answer to her threat.  Hearing nothing she sighs and shakes her head.

“So if it’s not the kids down the street then that means what?  Ghosts?” Kimberly seems happy again as she claps her hands. “Lovely!  I’ve never met a proper ghost before!  I have so many questions!  What is like to be dead?  Does it hurt?  Do you get any benefits like health insurance in the afterlife?  If I say Beetlejuice three times will he really appear?  Y’know, just the important stuff!”

Kimberly slowly and quietly tip toes around the living room, looking around for possible intruders. “Hello?  Is this you Emma?  It better not be you coming back to haunt my ass.  I went to a lot of trouble to murder you, the least you can do is leave me alone and enjoy your eternity in hell.”

A rustling is heard in the darkened living room.  Kim turns towards the  noise. “Aha!  It is you, isn’t it, Emma?  Fine!  Have it your way!  I’ll bring in a Catholic Priest, a demonologist, a voodoo priest, a shaman, a reiki master, and hell, a witch...and yeah, I know a person, a nice bubbly girl named Kelsai who can hook me up with a good witch...and they’ll exorcise your dead ass from my home!”

And then suddenly there’s more noise.  Kimberly turns to look the other way but then she is caught with a cloth. Even with the cloth covering her mouth Kimberly still manages a witty retort “Oh, this is great, I haven’t seen the use of chloroform in YEARS!”

A brief struggle ensues before Kimberly eventually succumbs and blacks out.

==========
January 1st, 2021
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

“The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams prides herself on her cunning skills, being a master of mind games and deception.  She learned from the very best (or worst, depending upon your perspective) person she knew; Emma Storm.  Emma had no intentions of raising her as her own child but instead of creating a weapon.  Kimberly became the weapon Emma wanted in spades.  She has used her skills on more than one occasion to replace her identical twin sister, always against her will.  Once she tried to take over her life, a second time she took Marie’s place on a private date with her abusive ex-boyfriend so that she could find out if he had changed, and a third time she did so in order to infiltrate a cult Marie had gotten herself caught up in.  Kimberly even replaced Marie when she no longer wanted to work as a tag team wrestler.  Kim was more than willing to wrestle as Marie Jones while Marie herself sat at home and collected the paycheck for doing nothing.  Rarely does anyone get the jump on Kimberly Williams.

But this night is unusual.  This night is a night of firsts.  Not only is it the first night of the new year but it is also one of the few times that anyone has ever gotten one over on The Woman Scorned.  The eccentric redhead slowly wakes up and even though she is groggy, even though her senses are still slow to recover, she can at least detect that is bound.  As her vision slowly starts to come back she can tell that she is restrained to her bed.  Her training takes hold and she instinctively looks for who it is that has captured her.  Who is holding her hostage?  She turns her head to the left and sees nothing.  She turns to  her right and sees there standing propped up against the wall the mysterious Sorinah Floreschu.  Upon seeing this The Woman Scorned starts laughing.

“Home invasion, drugged, tied to my own bed, all by some mystery stalker lady.  Has someone been peeking at my Christmas list?”

“Good evening, Ms. Williams.”

“Seriously, you’d better not let Tommy [Wasley] catch you here.  He may not approve of sharing me with you, even if you are a sexy little Romanian dish.”

“I’m not here for any romantic fetishes, Ms. Williams.”

“Could have fooled me, especially with these leather straps.  You hiding a whip anywhere baby?”

Sorinah sighs deeply out of frustration. “No…”

“Damn it!  I was so hoping you could let me and Tommy borrow it after we were done tonight!”

“I went to a great deal of trouble to set this whole thing up, Ms. Williams.  Can we at least try to take this seriously?”

“Where’s the fun in that?”

“This isn’t about fun.  This is about you and I having a serious and long overdue conversation.”

Kimberly slowly begins to take it a little more serious and it shows based on the look on her face. “What do we have to talk about?”

“What I have to say to you will come in due time.  But I think you have a great many questions to ask of me.  I’m sure you would love to interrogate me, wouldn’t you?  And quite honestly, I am a giving person.  This, Ms. Williams, is what I have arranged...an opportunity for you to interrogate me.”

“Odd interrogation.  I mean, most good Hollywood movies have the person being interrogated strapped to a chair or bed or something.  So shouldn’t we be in opposite positions?  Then I can go grab Betty White.  It isn’t a whip but it’s still fun!”

“Ms. Williams…”

“Sorry!  But still, if you wanted to answer my questions, why didn’t you just come to me like a normal person and ask?”

Sorinah chuckles. “Are you actually asking this?  Do you not know your own reputation?  You kidnapped your twin sister.  You have tried to disfigure your own FRIEND Abigail Lindsey, God knows what you would have done to an enemy such as Sienna Swann had she not escaped from your staple gun.  And all of that is what’s on public record, there’s also the events the people do not know about; such as when you pretended to be Marie and went out on a date with her abusive ex boyfriend Daniel O’Toole.  You did this knowing that you were going to murder him in cold blood just to protect your sister from ever possibly reuniting with him.  And murder him you did.  Didn’t you, Ms. Williams?”

“Wow, that’s amazingly accurate.  Who are you, Perry Mason?”

“No, I just happen to know a great many things.  And I know enough that if I want to survive any private encounter with you that I need to make sure you are restrained.  Am I correct in that assumption?”

Kimberly pauses to consider the question for only a brief moment before nodding her head in agreement. “Yeah, you’re right actually.  If you had come to me like a normal person I would have totally drugged you and then murdered you.  Not because I get any thrill out of murdering people.  I don’t kill anymore.  Hell, I’m trying to be a lot less of the monster that people think I am.  Only unleashing it when I have to.”

“When do you feel you have to unleash your sadistic, violent, murderous rage, Ms. Williams?”

“Hey!  I thought I was supposed to be the interrogator, not you?!”

“Just answer the question.”

“Fine...party pooper...I only unleash that darkness in defense of my sisters.”

“And you feel that I am a threat to your half-sister Jessica Lasiewicz.”

“Yeah, you kind of are.” Kimberly says, enthusiastically nodding her head.

“And on that particular note you are mistaken, Ms. Williams.  I am no threat to your sister.  None at all.”

“Wait, so if you’re…” Kimberly stops momentarily to consider something “...am I interrogating you now?”

“Yes.”

“Awesome!” Kimberly says happily.

“Can we be serious, please?”

“Sure!  Uh, if you’re not a threat to Jessica then why are stalking her?  You obviously want her for something.”

“Jessica and I were close once.  In fact, I managed her career on two separate occasions.  And I would dare say that she would not be the woman she is today were it not for at least some of my teachings.  I merely wish to give her further guidance.  I wish to offer her more of my teachings, if she wishes to have them.  And I would have come back into her life much sooner but someone forced me to wait, someone forced me to make adjustments…”

“You’re welcome!” Kim says, grinning with mischief.  Sorinah nods her head.

“Yes, you are the one who forced me to adjust my plans.  But it was not due to anything you did.  It was just your mere presence alone that forced me to make adjustments.  You call me a stalker but that has such a negative connotation.  I do keep a close eye on certain people I favor, I have the skills of what you may consider a stalker…”

“Oh go ahead and call yourself a stalker.  I’ve stalked people before.  It’s fun!”

Sorinah rolls her eyes. “Unfortunately even the best are so good at what they do that they inadvertently let what should be painfully obvious escape their notice.  It took me longer than it should have but I eventually figured out who you were….Kimberly Frances Williams, student, trainee of Emma Floreschu.”

Kimberly smirks knowingly. “So you’re not even gonna try and deny it, eh?”

“What would be the point?  You and I both know that you have already connected the dots.  That is partially due to my own negligence.”

“Oh booo!  You won’t even give me credit for my handy dandy detective work!”

“Oh you did well, Ms. Williams; you were trained, after all, by my sister.  Therefore I know you received top notch training.”

Kimberly furrows her brow in confusion. “So Emma has been harassing my mom and me for decades, you’re harassing Jessica…”

“I’m not harassing.”

“Pot...kettle…point is you’ve been around our family for way too long and I’d like to know why.”

“That is a fair question and one that I believe you are entitled to; understand this, Ms. Williams, I am not doing anything insidious.  Nothing I do is malevolent.  Everything I do is to give certain, deserving individuals an opportunity to better themselves and better their lives...something that my sister and I unfortunately did not have.  Then again, you are not exactly blessed with many opportunities when you are dissenters living in a puppet state of Romania ruled by the Soviet Union. Many fled if they could...I believe your great grandparents fled, if my research is correct.”

Kimberly just responds with a simple nod in the affirmative.  Sorinah grins. “Thought so.  Unfortunately, my family wasn’t as lucky.  My parents were murdered by secret police.  But not before managing to smuggle us out of the country, so that we could perhaps have an opportunity in America.  We were taken in by a wealthy couple and raised as Americans.  Emma and I made it our life’s work to take on an apprentice and mentor them, guide them, and teach them the necessary skills to create their own opportunities rather than to wait upon the good nature of those few bourgeois in power.”

“Yeah, because those in power rarely are good natured.” Kimberly answers quietly. Sorinah nods in agreement.

“Emma saw your mother as a woman who fit the description of someone we could take on as an apprentice and join our movement.  And much of her story did fit; she lost her mother to murder, her father then abandoned her, where else was she to go?  She found solace in a convent, she became a nun.  I disagreed with Emma’s choice because I felt that she had chosen her path, a way to escape the horrible hand life had dealt her.  But Emma, who herself held religion in great disdain, felt Angelica Jones could do better.  Against my wishes, Emma decided to interfere in your mother’s life, all to try and force her onto a new path.  Emma tried to lure the young and still easily influenced Angelica away from the religious life by introducing her to a man…”

“Sean Williams.”

“Very good.  Yes, Emma introduced Angelica to the man who would become your and Marie’s father, Sean Williams.  And perhaps Emma’s plan to get Angelica out of the convent was working, but it did have two unexpected side effects.  One it damaged Angelica’s psyche, a part of her loved Sean and a part of her hated herself for breaking her religious vows of chastity.  It planted the seeds of suicide and depression that would exist in the poor woman’s soul to this very day.  The other side effect was Emma herself becoming attracted to Sean.”

Sorinah sighs deeply and shakes her head. “My sister was getting in too deep and she had already lost sight of her vision.  I told her to quit and that she had done enough damage but she was blinded by this point.  She would have Sean Williams to herself come hell or high water.  And so she used the threat of punishment from the Roman Catholic Church as a weapon against her psyche.  She knew Angelica was already overwhelmed with guilt and that extra threat led to Angelica’s first suicide attempt.  Emma didn’t even seem to care that she nearly succeeded in pushing her to her death.  She continued with the threats until finally she learned that her one time potential apprentice was pregnant with twin girls.  So Emma believed that if she convinced Angelica to give up the children then she would have Sean all to herself.  Part one of her plan worked, she convinced Emma to give them up...Emma kept one of them, you, planning to take you on as her apprentice and teach you everything she new once you came of age.  But part two was supposed to be Sean Williams leaving with Emma after being enraged at Angelica’s actions.”

Sorinah shakes her head. “It did not work out that way.  Sean hated them both for what he perceived as manipulation on both their parts.”

“I take it Emma didn’t take that too well…”

“She hates rejection.  So she went...off the grid as some would put it.  She learned at a young age how to go undetected and that’s how you and Emma lived.  Even I had no idea where my sister went.  It wasn’t until she made her public debut with you by her side that I learned she was still alive.  And unfortunately the pain of the rejection and the evil of the greed that existed in her heart caused her to take our original mission, our original plans, and corrupt them.  She wanted to turn you into a weapon that she could use against her enemies.  And she manipulated you into believing her enemies were also your enemies.”

Kimberly is doing her best to maintain a tough, steady gaze but her emotions are overwhelming.  Everything Sorinah has told her is true.  Emma had always viewed Kimberly as little more than a weapon whereas Kimberly for most of her life viewed her as a foster mother. She has to know what this means for Jessica, who is now being stalked by Emma’s sister.  Does she want the same thing?

“What about you?”

“Except for playing a few minor roles in reuniting Angelica with Marie, roles even she did not know I played a part in, I stayed out of your and Marie’s lives.  I felt my family had done enough.  But then Jessica was born.  I saw real potential with Jessica.  I saw in her someone who I could mold into a powerful woman, not powerful like a weapon but powerful to do good in the world.  Knowing the rather dysfunctional family history from both her mother and father I did not wish to tempt fate.  I chose to follow Jessica’s career as she trained, then debuted in GCW.  I gave her a chance to do it on her own but then she and Summer Collins lost a match to Neil Newman and Kyle Butler, a match with a stipulation that forced them to serve as their valets.  As further degradation they made the girls wear cheerleading uniforms.  It disgusted me to no end but it also gave me an opening to enter Jessica’s life.  That’s where my life as Coach came in.  I played into Neil and Kyle’s idiocy and volunteered my services to whip Jessica and Summer into shape, be their Coach if you will.  It was easy to fake a resume and credentials.  They believed I was this top cheerleader and dancer.” Sorinah shakes her head. “None of it was true.  But I was very convincing and I entered Jessica’s life the first time and while Neil and Kyle were being buffoons I taught Jessica...and by association Summer...the courage to stage a revolt.  The same philosophies of revolution being spread in Marxist literature in my youth I put into their heads.  And they brilliantly staged a revolution against them. Now I was out of a job, sure, but I had my foot in the door and I knew that anytime I wanted to I could reenter her life.  And a few years later I did reenter her life.  Then I taught her about leadership.  And boy did she lead.  She led a faction of her own in GCW and became International Champion and nearly won the Global Title.  Then the power started going to her head, she started losing control, and it became clear to me that she needed to learn how to use the power she now had properly.”

“Is that what you’re here to do now?  Teach her how to control herself?  Make her a leader of some group?”

“Heavens no.  I just want to finish the training I had already begun.  And, if she wants it, continue to follow her career until my life ends.  And maybe, at the same time, I can correct a mistake from my own sister’s haunted, demented past.”

Kimberly arches her brows curiously. “You mean me?”

“Of course.  What my sister did to you was wrong and it has been haunting me the moment I realized who you were.  I want to correct that wrong and I want to do so the only way I know how...by guiding and helping both you and your sister.”

“But why?  Why us?!”

“You already heard my motivations.” Sorinah slowly makes her way around the bed and loosens the straps.  Kimberly is still very much drugged and cannot move. “You will be able to move properly in due time.  This will give me time to get away.  Please consider my offer, Kimberly.”

“But I can’t trust you.”

“Yet I trust you.  And as an illustration of my trust I will leave you and your sister alone.  I will not make contact with you again until you reach out.  Therefore all you have to do to get rid me is don’t tell Jessica about any of this.  Remain silent and I am gone.  But even if you are the least bit curious about my offer then tell Jessica.” Sorinah turns to walk away, waving a hand at Kimberly. “Until we meet again, Kimberly.”

“You seem pretty confident that I am gonna tell Jessica.”

“Yes...yes I am.”

==========
On Camera
==========

We open in front of what appears to be the great city of Tokyo in Japan.  Screaming of sheer fear can be heard as the citizens of Tokyo are running for their lives, pointing up to the sky towering overhead...the monster known as...GODZILLA!

Ok, no, actually this is a Hollywood set; well, it isn’t even a real Hollywood set.  And that isn’t really Godzilla.  It’s just Kimberly Williams donning a tyrannosaurus rex outfit.  The Woman Scorned is stomping about pretending to bring destruction to this (fake) city.

“Roar!  All will fall before the might of The Lizard King!” Kimberly stomps and turns to face the camera.   She grins from ear to ear.

“Now the T-Rex was the king of the dinosaurs and Godzilla is the king of the monsters...seriously, he legit won a tournament that also involved Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah to earn that title...but alas I am no king.  I’m not even a queen or a princess.  But I am a humble servant of our benevolent overlord, The Lizard King himself.  I pay his reptilian royal highness homage with this display of power in front of the Japanese people!”

Kimberly pauses momentarily and sighs. “Ok, fine, I’m not really in Tokyo.  Take all the fun away from it why don’t ya?  What I can say honestly is that the safety and security of our Lizard Kingdom will not be taken away so long as The Woman Scorned and her trusty sidekick The Archangel are drawing breath.” Kimberly giggles. “Pssst...don’t tell Jessica I said she was my sidekick!”

“Anyway, me and Jess haven’t seen much action lately because we’ve been busy doing the bidding of our benevolent Lizard King, protecting him from the evil that is The Wonderland.” She points at the camera. “That’s right, I’m talking to you Gio, Cain, and Alice in Chains.  You can keep knocking us down but we’ll keep getting right back up and you know why?  Because Jessica is too damn stubborn to quit fighting and me?  Well, I’m a sociopath.  I enjoy violence.  There’s nothing you can do to make me want to back down.  You dial up the intensity and we’ll match it, because we are Vengeance and we are THE force of nature around here, not you or your drugged up fearless leader.  So this thing between us and The Wonderland, it isn’t over, not by a longshot.  And whenever we feel good and ready, maybe if there’s still some of you left after The Perfect Pack are done whipping your collective asses, then Jess and I will march right into The Wonderland and burn it to the ground.”

“Alas, as proud as I am of being the defender of The Lizard Kingdom, it really doesn’t help advance my own career.  And yeah, I may be a bit crazy, but I do have ambition and my sister Jessica, she damn sure has ambitions.  She doesn’t want her SCW return to go sour.  We came here not just to be a force but THE force in SCW’s tag team division.  And yeah, we may have been late to the tag league dance, but we have following it very closely, especially now that it is winding down.  And say what you will about this tag team league, one thing it has done is get SCW’s tag team division noticed.  People are talking about the great tag teams in Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Some of them are doing more than just talking, they have decided to make a concerted effort into making their presence felt.”

Kimberly smirks knowingly. “Hi there Brando and Reyes!  Loved you in Apocalypse Now!” Kimberly laughs. “Oh I just kill myself!  Anyway, you two have already made yourselves known in SCW.  Lyza was in the God of Wrestling Tournament...where you incidentally lost to my sister...GO JESS!  WOOOOO!!!” Kimberly jumps up and down overly excited for a few brief moments before stopping suddenly.

“Then you brought Vito Corleone in as your tag team partner for the tag team tournament.  And you made up for the wee little misstep by winning the whole damn thing.  Good job to you.  I would applaud you but I am now a T-Rex and I have tiny arms.  And I suppose your thought process is that since you managed to find success in the tournament, you can succeed in SCW’s tag team division proper.”

The Woman Scorned nods her head. “It is a perfectly logical thought process.  Problem is you’re now facing the cream of the crop.  The best tag team wrestling has to offer.  Look at what some of these teams have accomplished so far in this Tag Team League.  From Booted and Suited the current champions, Cookie and Jordan who ran roughshod through the league until running into the absolutely amazing Frozen Hell, and even some complete stuck up bitches like Sienna and Bree or Dark Fantasy.  I mean, I would not mind if the four of them got hit by a truck, but even I cannot deny their talent.”

“And you won’t be able to deny the fact that you have entered the deep end of the pool, you won’t be able to deny that you are in way over your head when you face your TRUE first test on Breakdown against Vengeance.  And in case you forgot who we are let me spell it out for you.”

“First there’s ‘The Archangel’ Jessica Lasiewicz, the woman who already beat one of ya.  She herself is a former world champion as a singles competitor and has held tag team gold everywhere she has been.  She is currently one half of the MWE World Tag Team Champions.  So does she know tag team wrestling?  Damn right she knows it.”

“And then there’s me, The Woman Scorned.  I have held tag team gold with many partners in GCW, UWA, and even here in SCW.  I may be happy go lucky with fun jokes and an eccentric attitude that leads to me dressing up as a dinosaur, but don’t underestimate my talent.  Because you wanna know who I REALLY am?  I am the psychotic bitch who owns a pinfall victory over the reigning SCW Interim World Champion.”

Kimberly nods her head. “That’s who you are facing, Devin and Lyza.  That’s what you’re up against.  And now I don’t know much about the Groove you’re planning to bring to the table but I can tell you one thing, your prospects of victory are definitely Doomed.”

Kimberly playfully waves at the camera. “Bye!”
==========
January 8th, 2021
Lansing, Michigan
Off Camera
==========

The Jack Breslin Student Events Center has been busy all day in preparation for an SCW House Show.  It is still the afternoon, far too early before “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz is set to make her appearance for this show, but she was raised in a wrestling family, raised by wrestling legends; all of her life she had respect for this business and this sport drilled into her head.  As a result she always arrives early for these events to meditate before any final last minute preparation.  This tradition has not changed now that she has begun teaming with her half-sister Kimberly Williams as Vengeance.  Jessica has even managed to get the eccentric and deranged Woman Scorned to get onto this same rigorous path and tradition.  Typically Kimberly is there with Jessica, arriving early.  But today, for some reason, she has been unable to reach Kimberly to set up a time to meet.  Kimberly would not answer her phone and she was not at the hotel when Jessica stopped by to visit.

It is certainly a cause for concern.  This whole tag team is an experiment by the two of them to try and build a sisterly bond that they never had.  For a long time Jessica wanted nothing to do with Kimberly and The Woman Scorned blamed herself, but in reality Jessica now sees that she was at fault.  Marie Jones did give Kimberly a chance and look at them now.  They are very close and have a loving, sisterly bond.  Jessica won’t admit it, but she wishes she had that bond with Kimberly.  She hopes that this tag team of Vengeance can lead to that kind of bond.  It is a chance to correct a mistake, because she should have given her sister Kimberly another chance from the start.  After all, family should always come first.

Now Kimberly is missing in action.  She will show up, Jessica has no doubts about that because for all of her eccentricities one thing that is certain about her half-sister is that Kimberly always makes her committed appearances.  But ever since the new year of 2021 was ushered in The Woman Scorned has been somewhat distant.  And it is very disconcerting to Jessica Lasiewicz.  Has she done something wrong to Kim?  Has she offended her sister in any way?  Hopefully not.  Jessica and Kim not only need to be on the same page but they will need to be ready with a game plan against Davin Brando and Lyza Reyes, a team known as Doom and Groove that has already made its impact in Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Kim and Jessica will look to derail their momentum on the next edition of Breakdown…

...assuming Jessica can find Kimberly.

These thoughts are more are going through the mind of The Archangel as she sits by herself in a dressing room.  The room’s walls are an off white and the floor is a hard gray concrete.  Very plain coloration.  Jessica herself is seated on a brown stool with her gym bag resting to her right. The gym bag contains her wrestling gear and her newly won MWE World Tag Team Championship title belt.  Right now Jessica is dressed in a sparkly silver pencil skirt, black high heeled open toed high heel shoes, and a black blouse.  She is also wearing a black leather jacket and her long pink hair hangs unrestrained to past the shoulders.

And then her phone goes off.  Jessica reaches into her gym bag and produces an iPhone.  The caller ID says “Summer Collins”.  Jessica answers the call, which turns out to be a Face Time call.  Jessica smiles as she sees her friend’s face appear on the screen.

“Hi Jess!  Can you see me?”

“Sure can.”

“Good.  This damn phone has been giving me fits lately with glitches galore.  I may buy a new one.”

Jessica frowns. “Didn’t you just buy a new one?”

“Yes but c’mon, Jess?  When you’re made of money like my family is, I can afford to buy as many phones as I want.  As a matter of fact, maybe I should have my brother look into a hostile takeover of Apple?”

Lasiewicz rolls her eyes. “Sad thing is, Summer, when you say shit like that I have no idea whether you are joking or being serious.”

“It’s a joke, babe!  Seriously, you think my big brother Michael could actually take over Apple?  He’s rich but not that rich.  A more realistic scenario is have Collins Incorporated develop our own smart phone.  Stupid Apple.”

“Or maybe just switch to android?”

“That’s too easy…” Summer pauses for a moment to consider the thought “...and unfortunately probably what I’ll have to do.”

Jessica Lasiewicz is used to this kind of behavior from Summer Collins.  They have been best friends for the longest of times.  They made their professional wrestling debuts around the same time and started out as a tag team.  Despite having several falling outs throughout their careers they would always find a way to mend their relationship.  And today they are MWE World Tag Team Champions.  Perhaps what makes them a great combination is the fact that they are foils of one another.  Whereas Jessica has always upheld the value of justice Summer has had a motto of win by any means necessary, even if it means outright breaking the rules along the way.  Summer is also a great sounding board for Jessica because The Polish warrior knows that her best friend will never hold anything back.  She will always tell her the truth no matter how hard it may be.

“What did you want, Summer?”

“I just want to touch base with you and see if your head is in a good place, that’s all.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously.  Jess, I may be a stuck up wealthy bitch but I do care about people...very few people, admittedly, but I do care about people.  And you are one of them; and I can tell that something has been bothering you lately.  You haven’t been returning my calls, Jess.  What’s up?”

Lasiewicz sighs deeply and nods her head.  She has been distant, just as Kimberly has been distant.  Jessica hasn’t intentionally been ignoring Summer but she has been distracted by what has been going on with Kimberly.  The Archangel is concerned about her half-sister.

“Sorry about that, Summer.  I definitely didn’t mean to blow you off or ignore you.  I’ve just been distracted with some things lately.”

“What things?”

“Family things.”

“Say no more.  Family isn’t my business but remember if you do want to talk about it I’m here.”

Jessica smiles. “Thanks.  I may take you up on that someday.”

“No prob, babe.  Anything else?”

Lasiewicz pauses for a moment to consider telling Summer about the return of Sorinah Floreschu.  Summer has her own history with Sorinah, as she once served as the mentor for Summer and Jessica early on in their career.  Sorinah was the one who planted the seeds of rebellion and revolution into the minds of Summer and Jessica.  Still, not every memory of that time was pleasant.  Jessica feels it best to keep this secret to herself, at least for now.

“No, I’m good.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.  Really.”

Summer doesn’t appear to be totally convinced but she also realizes from her time with The Archangel when to back off.  She knows that this is one of those times. “Alright, babe, just call if you need me and stay Fabulous!”

Lasiewicz chuckles. Just as she is about to hang up she notices the door to the dressing room opening up.  She sees Kimberly Williams emerge out of the corner of her eyes. Perfect timing.

“Will do.  Talk to you later.” With that, Jessica hangs up.  Then she gets up off of the stool and approaches Kimberly, embracing The Woman Scorned in a tight hug.  Even Kimberly seems surprised by this show of affection as she steps back, staring wide eyed at her half-sister.

“You eat some bad tacos last night or something, Jess?  You don’t hug me like that.  In fact, I’m not sure you hug anyone.”

Jessica smirks. “No, I’m not exactly known for showing much emotion, but that doesn’t mean I don’t care about you.”

Kimberly folds her arms over her chest and stares skeptically at Jessica. “If you cared about me why didn’t you buy that pony I wanted for Christmas?”

“I’m being serious, Kim.  I care about you.  I hate to admit when I was wrong but this whole experience between you and I, ever since we began teaming in Supreme Championship Wrestling, it proved how wrong I was about you.” She reaches out and places a hand on Kimberly’s shoulder. “Underneath this hard exterior of a psychotic loon that enjoys stabby objects and staple guns lies a woman with a heart of gold who would do anything for family, even if that family refused to trust her or even accept her into the family.  You are good people, Kim.  You are one of the best human beings I know and I am proud that you are my sister.”

Kimberly holds a finger up to her lips. “Hush!  Don’t tell anyone!  You’ll blow my cover!”

Jessica chuckles. “Oh right, I forgot.  You want people to think you’re nuts.”

“I am nuts.” Kimberly winks playfully. “But seriously, thanks Jess.  All I ever wanted out of this experience, this whole Vengeance team, all I wanted was to gain your trust and your acceptance, because you were the last holdout in the family.  You were the last one to still not accept or trust me.  Knowing that I finally broke through is a good feeling.”

Kimberly is grinning from ear to ear, as is Jessica.  The two are about to hug again but Lasiewicz stops and steps back.  She noticed bruises on the wrists of The Woman Scorned.  The points them out. “What happened to you?”

“I got into a fight with Caligula.  He wanted extra food pellets and I refused so he beat my ass.”

Jessica frowns. “I doubt a hamster could cause that.”

“You’d be surprised.  He’s a rotten little bastard.”

“Seriously, Kim, tell me what’s wrong.” She reaches out and takes Kimberly by her hands. “If we are to be family then we need to learn to trust one another.  What happened?”

The Woman Scorned pauses, indicating that Jessica is right, there is more to this than meets the eye.  Kimberly is clearly undecided as to how she wants to proceed. “I’m trying to protect you, Jess.”

“You don’t need to protect me from anything.  Whatever it is, we can get through it together.”

This is followed by yet another pause as Kimberly stares at her half-sister.  Kimberly is still unsure if telling her is the right idea but she also knows that Jessica is too stubborn to let it go.  The Woman Scorned sighs and nods her head. “Fine...I saw Sorinah last week.”

“When?!”

“New Year’s Day.  She managed to sneak into my house.  Gotta admit, I admire that woman’s ability to break and enter into places. Her use of chloroform was a pleasant surprise because I genuinely haven’t seen that used in way too long.  Annnnnd she may have a bondage fetish.”

Jessica is now pacing the floor. “This is too much…”

“I know!  I never expected someone like her to be into bondage.”

“No!” Jessica shouts as she stops pacing and turns to face Kimberly. “What did she want with you?!  It’s me she’s after, not you!  Unless she’s just trying to get you out of the way...is that what she tried to do?  Did she try to kill you?!”

Kimberly shakes her head. “No.”

“Then what did she want?”

“You know what’s funny?  I really let my guard down.  I should have expected her to come and pay me a visit.”

“What are you talking about?”

Kimberly points to the brown stool. “You may want to sit down for this.” Jessica looks over to the stools and nods.  She walks over and sits down and then stares up at Kimberly, awaiting on whatever revelation she may have.

“You remember Emma Storm, don’t you?”

“Of course.  She raised you.  She wanted to make you a killer, an assassin.”

“Yep, and I learned my lessons well.  But you know what else Emma was?”

“No…”

“She was Emma Floreschu...Sorinah’s sister.”

Jessica’s face tells the story; she is shocked.  She has known Sorinah a very long time, almost as long as she has known about Emma Storm and her past with Kimberly.  She never imagined that there was a connection.

“You’re joking.  Tell me this is one of your jokes, Kim.”

“Nope.” The Woman Scorned shakes her head. “I am one hundred percent honest. She admitted it and I did my own private research to verify that it was true.”

“And now she’s back…” Jessica rises back up off of the stool and slowly begins pacing again, like a caged lion “...and she wants me.  She wants me for something.”

“Try and calm down, Jess.”

“She’s Emma’s sister, right?  And look at what Emma did to you.  She wants to do the same to me!  Is that it?!  Is that what she wants?!”

Kimberly, surprisingly, is the calm one here who just simply shakes her head in front of Jessica’s rage filled demeanor. “Jessica...you’re shouting.  And no, that’s not what she wants. Well, at least that’s not what she says she wants.”

“What did she say that she wants?”

“She wants to guide us...you and me.  She wants to mentor us.”

“Yeah, that’s what she told me twice before.”

“Did you ever see it through?”

Jessica shakes her head. “No, but…”

“So how do you know she has bad intentions?”

“You can’t be seriously considering her offer, are you?”

“Calm down and be logical about this.  Sorinah herself expressed deep regret over her sister’s actions.  She hated what Emma did to me.  Sorinah’s methods and motivations are different than Emma’s.”

“It doesn’t mean those motivations are good.”

“It doesn’t mean they’re bad either, now does it?  Listen, Jess; what has this experiment between you and I taught you so far?  Don’t assume you know what’s in someone’s heart.  You figured out yourself that I’m a good person, all the evidence to the contrary.  I may be strange, I may be eccentric, but I am a good person.  I am not telling you that we should take Sorinah up on her offer but I am suggesting that you should take the time to try and get to know her.  Maybe find out what’s in her heart before we decide whether or not we’ll kick her to the curb.”

“I take it your time with her gave you some idea of what’s in her heart?”

“Kinda…” The Woman Scorned grins “...bondage fetishes helps people open up about their true feelings, y’know?”

Jessica rolls her eyes. “T M I…”

“Look, I’m willing to give her a chance but only if you will.  Because you said it yourself, we are more than just a tag team, we are family now.  And we tackle things like this together.”

==========
On Camera
==========

The cityscape was a jumble of shapes, like a child had cast blocks down randomly and then swept them so close together they touched. There were rectangles, domes and mini-castles. There were spires, weather vanes and satellite dishes. Between the dwellings and businesses the roads were so narrow that they frequently became blocked by trucks brining in wares. These juggernauts were designed for highways and the metropolis.  Between the chaotic buildings ran a network of paths wide enough for two skinny people to pass. This city is Tacoma, Washington and it is a living machine spread over once green land like a microchip grossly enlarged. The roads run in their predictable grid pattern and the lights of the stores, restaurants and places of vice shine neon into the night.  This city will play host to SCW Breakdown on January 13th.

We then cut to the outside of a hotel room, specifically a balcony.  The balcony grew from the walls of the house as generous arms from a host, or perhaps those of a mother to cradle her infant child. The metal had a patina of ocean greens and blues, or perhaps it was more the hues of a mossy forest floor in softened early light, yet either way it was beautiful.  It isn’t long until a lovely femine figure steps out onto the balcony.  The camera zooms in and we see that this is none other than “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz.  The pink haired Polish warrior is wearing a knee length black skirt, black stockings, and black patent leather high heeled pumps with an open toe.  She is wearing a red sweater and her signature black leather jacket.

“This view is absolutely FABULOUS...wouldn’t you agree?” Jessica chuckles as she winks at the camera.

“You know what else is absolutely fabulous?  Competition.  I love a good spirited fight inside the confines of a wrestling ring.  It’s all I’ve ever known because it was all I grew up around.  Both my parents were professional wrestlers in their own right, so even after they split up I was still always around the business because I was at one arena or another watching and learning from the best wrestlers in the world.  I learned a healthy respect for this business and what this business is about; competition.  Now you can look at what those clowns in The Wonderland are doing and you will see exactly what this sport is not about.  The criminal actions of a delusional madman.  The Wonderland and the threat they pose to the integrity of professional wrestling is what has distracted Kimberly and myself from what our ultimate goal has been along.  Because sometimes in this business you have to set the spirit of competition to the side and fight for what’s right.  That’s what Vengeance has been doing.  We have been fighting for what’s right, even if it means spilling some blood along the way.”

“Now that’s over, we’ve done our job and we’re going to let Kelcey, Blake, Owen, and others handle The Wonderland.  We’re not even going to be distracted by that useless Datura who runs around carrying a nonexistent fake championship pretending to be relevant.  Now Kimberly and I reset our focus on our primary goal since becoming a team and returning to Supreme Championship Wrestling...competition.”

“That’s right, competition brought us back to SCW.  We would not be united together making this return to SCW were it not for the spirit of competition.  Kim and I want to take on the best of the best in one of the toughest, hottest tag team divisions in professional wrestling.  We want to challenge ourselves and prove that together we can overcome anyone that SCW sets in front of us.  And right now we have our eyes set upon Devin and Lyza.  And why not?  You won that tag team tournament last year.  You have already proven how formidable you are as a unit.  Me and Kim have had success with other tag team partners but not together.  What we do have is a bond, a strong bond shared only by sisters.  We also have a shared motivation to be the best.  And that motivation combined with our bond is enough to lead us through the storm that I am certain you are bringing with you.”

The Archangel shakes her head. “No, I won’t sit here and bury anyone, let alone Doom and Groove, because we’ve danced before.  At least you and I have, Reyes.  We went to war in another tournament, the God of Wrestling Tournament.  And I did beat you but not without a fight from you.  So I know better than anyone, even better than my own sister Kimberly, how tough this will be because I have inside knowledge about how you operate, how you work inside that ring.  And yes, I will share that knowledge with Kimberly so that she will know exactly how to beat you two as well.”

“Yes, this is an exhibition of what true competition is all about, this is an example of how tag team wrestling in SCW should be...not the insanity brought about by the likes of The Wonderland.  But while there is respect there between us, understand also that Vengeance will do anything to win.  We will do whatever it takes to make sure our hands are raised in victory and that this awesome momentum you’ve built from the tag tournament until this day ends...ends abruptly and violently by the hands of The Archangel and The Woman Scorned.”

Jessica shuts her eyes. “Dobranoc…”
New York, NY
Off-Camera

Ending the year 2020 on a high note was something Lyza needed to enter 2021 with the right mindset. In a time of uncertainty, she managed to further improve her collaborative skills in the ring with Devin. From their first encounter in the fall of 2019, the two have grown and strengthened their working relationship. From nearly destroying one another, to Devin going along with Lyza’s promotional antics, she was proud of herself for keeping an open mind. 

While meditating on her living room floor, legs crossed in a lotus pose, images were flashing in her mind. With her eyes closed, she tuned out the world around her focusing on a body of clear blue water. The sounds of children running in the hallway, elevator sounds or neighbors’ music did not provide any distraction or impairment to the realm she had entered. 

Inhale, exhale. 

“Libérate,” a voice says to Lyza, deep in concentration. She places her hands on the floor beside her hips. Using her upper body and core strength, she presses her palms into the floor and raises her bottom half to the air. While continuing her breathing exercises, she then raises one hand from the floor moving it towards her. 

Buzz!

Her phone vibrates on the glass coffee table inches away. She scoffs, annoyed with herself for breaking away from her session. She slowly lowers herself to the hardwood floor before reaching for her phone. The screen displays a new text message from Devin which reads, “be there soon.” 

“Soon” could mean he was blocks away or entering the building. She didn’t want to take her chances, so she scurries back to her bedroom to change out of her workout clothes and into loungewear. “Oh, crud...the candles,” she says, exiting her room to put lids over the flames. She straightens up the accent pillows on her sofa and rearranges her coffee table right before hearing a knock outside the door. 

“Hang on!” Lyza makes her way to the entrance. She looks through the peephole in confirmation of the person standing on the other side. The person looks enough like Devin for her to open the door anyway. 

“Next time send a warning when you’re leaving JFK or no later than reaching 23rd Street,” Lyza says, stepping aside to let Devin in. She looks outside the apartment, before closing the door. 

Though retaining his usual solemn demeanor, Devin seems to be more rested than normal. The bags under his eyes have faded, and there’s a tone to his face that indicates that he has been keeping hydrated. Perhaps the return to active competition has brought him back into healthier habits, or Lyza’s exuberant and persistent messaging has led him to follow orders. Either way, he no longer looked the part of a ghoul, trudging through life. Now he looked like a man who was closer to just dealing with life, instead of loathing it.

In contrast to Lyza’s bright existence, the man couldn’t help but let out a fatigued sigh. Devin had an immediate response to her statement but decided not to say anything. Even if she was joking, she was right. He couldn’t be a specter with her, just appearing at random. Additionally, he knew that it would be bad for her health at some point. “Sorry,” he offers while unbuttoning his coat. 

Something in the air caught his nose, and he sniffed.  

“Don’t worry about it. I prefer being prepared for guests, just a ‘Lyza thing,’ really. Make yourself comfortable,” she says, pointing at the sofa and accent chairs in her living room. 

She just put them out. The faint smell of accented smoke. I also swore I heard some furniture moving.

“Was I interrupting something?” he questions, “I can always head back down and get something to eat.”

“Your timing may have been for the better now that I think about it. Maybe an out-of-body experience isn’t appropriate prior to the need to be somewhere - physically and mentally. It wouldn’t be fair if you were at work, and I’m at the Himalayas?” Meditation was a dicey area for her, as she didn’t always experience the usual positive outcomes that many do when they want to alleviate stress, high blood pressure, or sleep disorders. 

“Can I get you anything to drink, throw some things on a charcuterie board?” she asks. 

“No, thank you,” Devin responds, remembering the copious amounts of food he scarfed down before arriving. He flicks one of those disposable toothbrushes into the trash, hoping not to be seen doing so. He walks towards the window on the far side of the room, checking the surrounding area out of habit. With Klein still tracking them, he wasn’t sure when or how they would show up again. 

He rubs his ribs, a faint register of the fight that both he and Lyza had to go through. Lyza was property to Stolzen, he understood, and he looked back at her with a glimmer of sympathy on her face. He couldn’t imagine it being in her position, not even a little bit. “Actually,” he begins, “I wouldn’t mind some coffee. Some caffeine might do me some justice right now.”

Before he makes his way over, Devin looks out of the window once more. His eyes widened as he saw someone on the other roof. They didn’t have a weapon, but they were glancing over at Devin.

Were they an enemy?

Were they a special agent?

Then they waved awkwardly. Devin lets out a sigh--it was just a worker. 

Paranoia did its part in trying to kill his peace. Devin moves back to Lyza. 

“They’re fine people. The neighbor from the unit near the elevator likes to get everyone on this floor involved in chipping in for the holidays as a ‘thank you’ for their hard work,” Lyza says reassuringly. She makes her way to the kitchen to prepare two cups of coffee using a French press and hot water stored in a kettle. 

Since returning to the ring, the two have continued to meet up for training purposes, maintaining a routine and some normalcy until it was time to deal with the inevitable. She learned to cope with it as best she could, knowing it would not be permanent. At some point, she would be considered disposable or of no use to Stolzen. In the meantime, she went along with the cat and mouse game except she was no longer alone.  

“This can’t be forever. I mean, living in a bunker and setting traps for soulless weapons in my ‘golden’ years doesn’t sound ideal. Along with humanity going to crap, I’m borderline pro-apocalypse at this point.” 

After steeping the coffee grounds with the water, she pours the coffee into mugs, sliding one of them in Devin’s direction. 

“How can we resolve this without ending up on a No-Fly list?” she ponders this, adding sugar and cream to her coffee.

Devin blinks, staring at the cup with a blank expression. The humor didn’t exactly tickle him, but he was thinking of ways to handle what needed to be done.

“Confronting them is no-go,” he starts, tucking his hand under his chin. “But they’ll be after us. What we need to do is wait them out, but not in the same way that you’ve expressed.

Stolzen as an organization had numbers, but due to the secrecy of their business they couldn’t just burst into rooms and shoot people down. They would draw the media. It would draw eyes. And it would draw people who know how to get in and out of places without a trace. Documents, secrets, and brilliant revelations would cause them to fall to pieces. They’re a powerful organization, sure,” he taps his chin. “But they’re scared of the light. Like the cockroaches that they are.”

She sighs in relief, disregarding the bunker idea. “Hm, yes ugly little buggers. The whole world is counting on them and their competitors to come up with the ‘cure’ or treatment that is needed to enjoy concerts and a warm embrace from grandma. Right now, we’re probably on the backburner. I’ve always been told to follow the money, and even though we’re priceless, we’re looking like chump change to them at this moment. Imagine that?”

In an odd way, she found comfort in the realization. It looks like they have bought some time. 

On-Camera 
Wooden City Tacoma Restaurant
Tacoma, Washington

Doom and Groove have traveled cross country to Tacoma, Washington for this week’s Breakdown. The duo is currently seated at a restaurant in an outdoor enclosure made up of a plastic, transparent semi-sphere. The arrangement, though unusual, shielded them from the light rain that is to be expected in the Pacific Northwest. 

The server clears their table, and before leaving them alone, he places the checkbook between the two, unassumingly of who would cover it. 

“Process of elimination,” Devin began.”It’s what I thought of when I saw this match come to fruition. We both overcame Jay Gold and Kelsai Adamson. We’re starting to make headway into the tag team scene here in SCW. And for you two, it can be a stepping stone. Vengeance defeats the team that won the World’s Best and that will definitely look nice on a resume.”

“Yet, to defeat us is a tall order, especially when you’re fighting yourselves.”

A hint of anger draws into the Last King’s features as he looks down at the ground. “Legacy seems to be the recurring theme in this company. It’s starting to give me a headache when I hear someone remotely mention it.”

“The Pina Coladas were built from the ground-up by legends here. I stick to the belief that reason is why people rooted for them. They’re talented, yes, but what did that and their legacy do to stop Lyza and I from winning? Nothing. If anything, those two things gave them something soft to fall on when we knocked them off their high horses.”

Devin places cash on the little tray provided. The server comes over, sees the amount, and goes to question. However, a cold glare tells him to be appreciative, take the money, and the leftover for his tip. A fledgling of a smile dawns on the server’s face before he leaves. Devin proceeds onward.

“So this time, it’s a lot higher. The Pina Coladas are young. They have a lot to learn, and the sky’s the limit for them. For you two, I have particular aggression towards you two.”

A malevolent glint sparks in the eyes of the Canadian.

“How long does it take for someone to drown in the shadows of their parents?”

A fanged smirk creeps on Devin’s face, if only for a second, but he smothers it back down behind his cool visage.

“I despise the concept of legacy. I know it’s unfair to you two since I hardly know you two. However, hearing Kimberly speak for too long will drive anyone just as insane as she is. But for people like me, seeing the farces of your careers makes me sick. You two have name value just for coming out of your mother’s filth. Whereas Lyza and myself have had to grind our way to the top of the mountain.”

“So, for me, it has festered this animosity towards people like you two. I cannot say the same for Lyza--I assume she’s much kinder than I am about the matter,” Devin gives Lyza a glance. “For me, I’ve taken explicit pleasure in mangling the next generation of families that plague this business. You two are no different, and really, it’s a little more personal for me.”

“There’s someone I can hurt by hurting the two of you.”

“And there’s someone that I can make smile by beating you two soon. However, I’ll have her speak her mind on that.”

Devin shifts the attention to Lyza. She raises an eyebrow in curiosity about the person that could be hurt. She decides to save the thought for the ride home. 

“Entering in the God of Wrestling Tournament, I knew it wasn’t going to be an easy event. The Archangel herself came in with a determination to do what she does best and move forward. She completed all the necessary steps, moving towards execution, and I was never to be seen.” 

She lowers her head, facing the table before looking at the camera again. 

“Until The World’s Best Tag Team Tournament,” she continues with a smirk. “More than likely, I would’ve made my second trip to SCW, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to join the tournament, and it just so happened that Devin was looking to enter the ring again. Isn’t it nice how these things work out? I’m no quitter, either. Let’s just say I like to take a breather to regroup and come back with more tricks up my sleeve - not the cheap ones, though. This isn't an amateur hour.” 

She shakes her head “no” before proceeding.

“I also cannot disregard Jessica and her perseverance. I heard about The Archangel and her feat over Ms. Aubrianna Powers at HKW:  Global. I know what it’s like to be cheated, and dealing with dirty opponents. There’s nothing more gratifying than to outsmart your opponent, stand your ground when they’re trying to take you out. The third time was really the charm.” 

Those words were said genuinely, in acknowledgment of The Archangel’s tenacity. 

“Now when it comes to your sister, I can see the day and night dynamic here. Kimberly comes off as the black sheep of the two. She’s as beautiful as her sisters and the women in her family, yet aspires to be the living nightmare. Hanging out in boiler rooms like it’s your she-shed, saying things that send a chill down someone’s spine because it’s not expected from a redhead with porcelain skin. I see you and I am inspired to write a song about Merida and her affinity for her bow and arrow. And instead, it’s probably in my best interest to chug a few Four Lokos and keep an open flame if I’m going to be around you,” her eyes widened, imaging the sight of Freddy Krueger.

“Adding to Devin’s point, there is a burden with legacies. Able-bodied citizens take advantage of welfare systems because of legacy housing programs, and who is to blame there? We could debate that all day, but what about the surrounding neighbors who work hard to make a living on their own and support their families? For someone that wishes to serve justice (looking at you, Jessica,) one could say ‘it’s not fair!’” 

She pouts for emphasis. 

“But no, these are the cards that were dealt and you are both making the best of it. I must admit, when I see some of these wrestling families thriving, it only reminds me of how much of a dork I am for not becoming an engineer or doctor. Then it’s like, I can have family game night and bond with my brother when our schedules are clear. I can call my mother right now and vent about things, and it would never cross my mind to hurt her so that she is forced into retirement as SOME people will do. That couldn’t be me!” 

Devin shoots her a look. 

“Coming in between families can get messy, but let it be known we’re not here to ruin the dynamic. In fact, in a time of so much division, this is when strong bonds are most essential to fight the good fight. Remain united, because when it’s time to heal, you’ll need one another.” 

Clearing his throat, Devin gets up to put his coat back on. 

“And if you can’t depend on one another, you can always call your mother. Jessica, you can call your father--tell him I said hello.”

Wrapping his scarf around his neck, Devin starts for the door. Lyza follows suit, looking one last time at the camera to say, "Doom and Groove, baby," taking her belongings with her.