Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Confidential - September 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning and welcome to the latest edition of Confidential, your inside view on the comings and goings of the EMERGE brand of Supreme Championship Wrestling. I’m Sallie Graham, and this has what’s been happening in our little corner of the wrestling universe

There is a lot of noise going around about EMERGE at the moment, but perhaps the loudest is the potential call ups to the main roster. With the year coming to a close, it is thought that the SCW board is really looking at some of the talent, and that some may not even see out our first season. Of course, the name at the top of that list is Peyton Rice, the current EMERGE champion, who has made it pretty clear, her ambition to stand on the biggest of stages, but she is far from the only one. Drake Hemingway has also been mentioned in high end meetings, as well as Gavin Taylor. One name I can confirm not on that list at the moment is Mika Kozlov, who the SCW apparently classes as too great a risk. But of course, there is still plenty of this season still to pass, so someone else could still force themselves into the reckoning, especially Kim Williams if she wins in Texas

On the other side of the coin, I am also hearing that new signings will start to come in, with two confirmed to be in the battle royal at Invasion. Jenni Helms, Miss Misato and Tyler Jackson will definitely be there, but also coming up soon are Toxxin, Willow Wilkes and Zach Copeland, the latter of which has been working in Japan for the past three years and comes with a stellar pedigree. There are also other names that as yet, we are unable to confirm, but one of them is a former UWA Champion, so I’ll leave it at that. Either way, it looks like 2018 is just the beginning for EMERGE, and season 2 looks like it could be even better.

That’s why, it’s no surprise that I report the second piece of news coming out of Toronto, that being the EMERGE could be the subject of a buyout very soon. I hear that there are at least two separate parties interested in separating it from SCW and going it alone, though at the moment legally I am unable to name names. All I can say is that the value of EMERGE is growing with every show, and SCW is more than aware of that, and if they even consider a sale, it will only be for top dollar, and the buyer would have to be right.

Of course with any buyout, changes will be made… and although she has been widely regarded as one of the most successful General Managers of recent times, could it be that Vanilla Skyy could walk away at the end of this season? Again, not confirmed, but it has been reported by more than one source that she has become a little disillusioned with the situation regarding Mika Kozlov, and the graphic beat down that took place on her husband Danny Darko. My view is the SCW are very pleased with Vanilla’s work, and would never force her out the job, but if a new Owner does indeed come in, will they feel the same, or will they have someone else in mind. If Vanilla Skyy got even a scent that she was looking to be replaced, knowing her the why I do, I am certain that whoever is in charge would be in for a fight.

Moving onto Invasion which is now under a week away, it has been confirmed by reliable sources that Vanilla Skyy plans to make a huge announcement, which will change the landscape of EMERGE forever. The moment that rumour hit social media, everyone has been having their say, but the general consensus of opinion is that it is to help those that are not main eventing every week, to develop them quicker that we are currently seeing. It is thought that there is currently a ceiling to the main event, and Vanilla wants to put an end to that, though what that means, your guess is as good as mine.  Of course, anything that helps in the long run is a good thing for EMERGE as it continues to go from strength to strength.

I don’t know if anyone missed the announcement, but as of next year, EMERGE will be going bi-weekly, which means more EMERGE for your money if you are subscribed to supremecw.com. Not only that, it was also announced that we will be invading London, Munich, New York and Detroit. But we didn’t stop there, because EMERGE will also hit Miami Beach for an outdoor super show which promises to be off the chart, and in April, Invasion will air from the Symphony of the Sea Cruise Ship in a first for the SCW, an event that should be record breaking in more ways than one. Again, I think it reiterates, EMERGE is quickly making itself must see television

But forgive me, I’m already talking about next year, and this one isn’t over yet, because even once Invasion: Texas is in the books, we still have one more city to invade, America’s capital, Washington. I personally had a conversation with the General Manager, who promised that company was going to end the year with a bang, and promised something super special to go out on. Again as is the norm with these things, at the moment details are pretty vague, however she did say that they are ‘going to take a leaf out of SCW’s book’ which could literally mean absolutely anything. Whether we will find out in Texas, or we will have to wait till EMERGE #13 I don’t know, but I certainly get the feeling that this one will be worth the wait.

Well, that’s it from me for now folks, I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick five minute take on what’s going on, and I’ll be back soon with more info and rumours from the EMERGE brand and beyond. Take care of yourselves and enjoy Invasion: Texas.