Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Christy Matthews vs. Selena Frost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, April 7, 2021
The Dark Side of the Sun

”A Moment Worth Fighting For”

Schoenburg Castle
Oberwessel, Germany
April 2nd, 2021
7:33pm

It had all lead up to this moment… or at least, that’s how it felt to Selena, the young woman placing her hand over her heard and feeling it beat harder and harder under the skin and against her palm. At first, she had never entertained such a notion, that such a thing would be possible. Fate had seemed clear to her – Deanna would be in prison for another seven or eight years and she would be forced to wait patiently for her beloved wife to be set free, and they, with Selena in her late thirties and Deanna having missed the majority of her twenties locked away, would do all they could to make up for lost time.

It had always hurt Selena down to the depths of her core, though she did her best to hide it from those around her. Tried to put on a brave face. Tried to keep strong in front of such people like Regan and David Helms and the people that actually respected her in SCW.

Didn’t mean it didn’t hurt. The barbs thrown her way by those like Syren, Ravyn and the rest of Infamous, of having no one and being worthless. When those that fought her in SCW tried for cheap heat and tried to insult her wife and children…. It all hurt deep down.

Just like the lonely nights hurt. The quiet baths and showers. Having no one to truly share her success or her happiness with because… her family was on the other side of the world.

Winning the United States Championship, she had celebrated with Regan a little and had had some form of family… but she couldn’t celebrate with Deanna inside a prison. And her children were always so busy with school or being too young to understand other than “a shiny” being brought home.

Deanna understood, probably just as well as Helms and Regan did. She may not have been a wrestler, but she knew the business. She understood the risks and the heartaches. The fears. Everything about it that Selena both cherished and despised, Deanna had learned it. Learned it since the beginning when Selena had brought her on on a whim to be her manager. And, like Selena, Deanna had travelled with Selena to all the other promotions she had been to in her past, able to travel the world more with IWC and ULW, the two of them learning together through all the strife and trials.

And even all of that paled to the longing Selena had felt for nearly two years for her wife. Not her manager. Not her ‘business associate’ or ‘advocate’ or whatever tag SCW would place on the redhead. Yes, she missed sharing the business side of her career with her wife, but it wasn’t that that her dreams had been filled with. No, her dreams, those that weren’t nightmarish in nature, had been filled with soft hands and soft lips. Of warming laughs and promising smiles. Of going on walks, dressed not as a wrestler and a manager, but as two women in love. In SCW, Selena had to constantly be on guard, a fighter and warrior for the values that SCW tried to live by, despite the actions like those like Syren that were contrary to that. She couldn’t be weak – she knew that. A weak woman would not have stood a chance against Xander Valentine, or brought the face to those like Giovanni Aries and Vixen Cain…

But as such, her wardrobe in SCW had needed to reflect that. While other women were dressing in low-tops and tights with words like “sexy” or in revealing pants/shorts, Selena’s attire was designed to intimidate, to represent strength and courage. The opponent was not about to fight some simple eye-candy or someone that was there to raise the viewership with the old “Sex Sells” adage that Ace Marshall lived by. No, everything about Selena, from her attire to her entrance, screamed of strength and determination…

Few people saw the woman that liked wearing long dresses that billowed a little against her legs when the wind hit it just right. Few saw the different ways she could put her hair, or how she loved to dance with her redhead in her arms.

Deanna saw it – Deanna was the one that saw it the most – and Selena had missed being that woman outside SCW for the past near two years.

But when she had seen Deanna on that bus the night before Retribution, when she felt her hands touch an actual person – not just any person, the one person she needed every moment and day of her life – the walls of denial, of resilience, of telling herself that she needed to just be ‘the strong SCW woman’ every day now… it all came tumbling down.

And the Snow Queen could not have been happier.

It was like a part of her was reunited with her. Like Deanna was, slowly, rebuilding Selena “the person” so that Selena “the wrestler” could rest once in awhile.

It was why she had come out last Breakdown with such conviction. Why she had not cared about Infamous coming after her again. Why she had not cared that it was Christy Matthews instead of Syren that was getting in her way. She had felt – not invincible – but with her wife there, she felt she could not

A feeling that had prompted her to proclaim her intentions to, finally, re-enter the hunt for the SCW World Championship.

It wasn’t like everything was 100% now or that the past could be forgotten. In truth, despite proclaiming so, Selena had absolutely no idea where to even begin going after the World Championship. She hadn’t been considered for a position, even a contendership match in years. On top of that, there were already a number of people eyeing for their shot, with Datura in front from her win at the Scaffold Scramble, to Chris Cannon deserving a rematch of some sorts, to Bree…

Selena felt her jaw clench at the thought of that woman. Gone for weeks, shows up and goes “GIVE ME A REMATCH! I GOT NEXT!” as if she didn’t know that SCW didn’t work on the ‘automatic rematch clause’ policy.

Just like Infamous… Just like Syren… she thought bitterly. Obnoxious and entitled.

Quickly, the platinum-blonde gave a shake of her head, her soft, shorter locks moving only slightly from the movement. She missed her long hair and was refusing to let another pair of scissors come near her again, but… she cast her eyes up in time to see the young woman coming out of the nearby section of the castle where she had been for the last few minutes going to the bathroom…. It was worth it.

The red hair was the first thing the young wrestler noticed. How could she not? Amongst the gray stones of the castle – their second home of sorts – her beloved stood out like an enchanted rose. Per Selena’s request, Deanna had worn the emerald green dress she had worn the night she had appeared in Selena’s bus – the night before Retribution. That was the second thing Selena noticed, because it made Deanna’s matching eyes sparkle with… did she believe in magic?

Yes, she quickly answered to herself. She did believe in magic. It was magic that brought her wife and her together, a series of unlikely events somehow culminating in their meeting. It had been magic that they had endured all they had, from the DeCarlos to the Scythes to the Frostmeres to all they had the last near two years to finally be reunited…

Was it unfair to herself to have such hope? Such overpowering hope? Selena didn’t care in that moment. She had to be so hopeful. She refused to let herself spiral into that depression again – the kind that had almost killed not only her SCW career but had almost set her on a path of quiet submission – being fate’s punching bag.

No, she wouldn’t go back there. She had to believe that the magistrate hadn’t been puffing smoke when he had told her that a new trial was certainly needed. She had to believe that the attack on Talia, the attack on the castle, the threats – they all had to be for a reason and that reason was the smoking gun that Selena and Talia had discovered, that Selena had cut her braid for.

Her eyes fluttered a little as she moved her head, adjusting to see her wife sitting on the patio chair opposite side of the table Selena, herself, sat at.

“Sunset dinner?” she teased, reaching out immediately to take Selena’s hand in hers.
“Never get tired of it when it’s with you. Especially with how the sunset adds to your red beauty.” Selena replied smoothly.
“Charmer.” Deanna mocked teased, mockingly fanning herself with her hand. “A girl could lose her head when she’s spoken to like that.”

Selena’s eyebrows jolted up and down as she spoke. “Not your head I’m hoping you lose later tonight…”
The brazen proclamation caught Deanna off-guard, the younger Frost’s mouth agape, though a smile formed at the top corners.

“Selena!” Deanna laughed. “What if the children heard you?”
“That I want you to lose something tonight?” Selena asked with a shrug. “I hardly think they’d be able to translate to ‘hot, amazing, se-‘”
“SELENA!” Deanna half gasped, half laughed. “You don’t know where they are!”

Oh that’s where you’re wrong, pet…

“At best, they’d get confused.” Selena settled on saying as the door opened to reveal Margarette, the ‘landlady’ of the castle. She older woman, wearing an apron and comfortable clothes, said not a word, but quietly placed the plates of food in front of the two women. With a turn of her head, she placed a kiss on Deanna’s crown-

“We’re so glad to have you back, darling.” She whispered before moving to Selena to grant her the same kiss on the crown. The two of them, Gunther and his wife, Margarette, had been like parents to them both since before Deanna’s incarceration, and were just as joyous to have the redhead back in their lives.

Quickly, the elder woman sneaked back into the castle, allowing the two women to enjoy their meal.

“So…” Deanna asked a few minutes later, poking her salmon playfully with her fork.
“So?” Selena asked, slowing her movements of eating to a halt, sapphire eyes locked on her wife.

“I’m not sure what to talk about tonight.” Deanna admitted. “Do we talk about work? Or us? Or-“
“Us?” Selena asked, tilting her head. “What about us?”

“Well…” placing her fork down, Deanna placed her hands into her lap. “I mean… I know I just got out but… I mean, being there… back there in Frankfurt… I mean…” she sighed in frustration at herself. “I don’t know how to say any of this!”

“Hey…” Selena smiled, reaching out again to take her wife’s hand. “Easy.” She consoled. “We’re not ‘on the clock’ anymore.” She smiled, causing the redhead to smile back, almost dreamily.
“No more, ‘visitation hours’.” Deanna added.
“No more ‘once a month conjugal visits’.” Selena replied in conjunction.
“No more ‘special events’ to be together…”

Within Deanna’s emerald eyes, Selena could see tears forming, yet she was stunned when the redhead reached out a hand to wipe a stray tear that had already escaped off of Selena’s cheek.

“I don’t want to say it feels like a dream.” Selena admitted. “Cause that’s when the person wakes up or something bad happens…”
“Then don’t say it.” Teased Deanna, pulling Selena’s hand closer to place a tender kiss upon the fingers, following by one on the palm as she opened the pale hand up to place against her cheek.

The stretching of the arm and frame across the table had Selena sighing a little before the taller woman shuffled over to a section of the patio seat closer to Deanna, sitting beside her wife. “Much better.” She smiled, wrapped her free arm around her wife’s frame and drawing her close.

The sunset played off the red of Deanna’s hair, making it look more like fire – though Selena knew this fire would not hurt her with its burn. In contrast, Selena was dressed in something she had not worn since before Deanna was taken from her. And perhaps it was the movement she made in sitting down beside Deanna, or the sunset playing off the crystals laced upon it that caught Deanna’s eye and caused her to speak about the dress as well.

“I haven’t seen you in this in so long…” she smiled.
“I’m surprised it still fits.” Selena teased with a half laugh as her wife’s hand played against the dark fabric of her ‘Winter-Sky dress’, reaching up to gently touch the white-faux-fur that wrapped around the top just below the top of Selena’s shoulders, leaving them and her neck bare for Deanna’s viewing pleasure.

“Why?” Deanna asked. “Eating poorly?”
“I mean…” Selena looked down, a little shame lacing across her features. “I don’t really know…but maybe?”
“Maybe?” Deanna asked with a raised eyebrow.
“Would you believe me that one of the things I lost when you were taken from me was fondness for food?”
“Have you been starving yourself?!” Deanna asked, instantly alarmed.
“No!” Selena assured. “I eat when I’m hungry but it’s…. okay, take this salmon, okay?”

Reaching across the table, Selena took the fork on her side of the table, where her plate of food was and hastily plucked a good chunk of the fish onto the metal. Carefully, she brought it back to the two of them.

“Before recently, I would eat this, accept that I needed food to continue functioning, but the taste? The feel of being full? I just didn’t feel that.”
“I see…” Deanna’s head lowered sadly.
“I-I’m sorry…” Selena tried. “I don’t want to upset you…”

Her voice trailed off as she put the fork down on Deanna’s plate. That was true. Since the pay-per-view, Selena had done all she could to spend every moment with Deanna, doing her best to make up for their lost time, yes, but also, to make every moment as happy as her wife deserved to have.

“Do you still feel nothing?” Deanna asked.
“No.” Selena shook her head. “When I’m with you, even back at that hellhole, you made me feel alive and loved, even if it was just for a few hours. And now, I can’t stop feeling that way and-“
“Selena…” Deanna gently interjected. “I’m loving the sweet talk, okay? But I meant eating. Do you enjoy food again?”

Briskly, Selena’s head turned to the plates of salmon and vegetables that were there, along with the glasses of water Selena had brought out earlier. “Yeah…” Selena smiled. “It’s slow, but I’m with you, so I’m enjoying being with you and so, I can enjoy eating, I think.”

While Deanna wasn’t entirely convinced, she accepted this answer with a nod of her head, causing a crude notion to sliver into Selena’s mind.

“I’ll tell you one think I haven’t lost my appetite for…” she whispered, her voice a little husky as she leaned down to place a firm kiss on her wife’s neck. A quiet gasp, one only Selena could hear, escaped the redhead’s throat, Deanna reaching up to place a hand on the back of Selena’s head.

“I…” she smiled, closing her eyes. “I’ve been made acutely aware of that.”

One thing the two of them had set out to prove to themselves, first and foremost, was that their passion for one another had not been warped to only ‘once a month’ by the near two years of conjugal visits. Hell, Selena was sure that she would even get a fist bump from Ace Marshall, himself, she told him how her sex life had drastically improved since Deanna returning to her.

“As you said.” Selena whispered against the warm skin of her beloved. “We have a lot of time to make up for.”
“Make up…” Deanna shrugged playfully. “Make out…”
“Just words.” Selena smiled, leaning back a little to change the trajectory of her kisses, leaning up to kiss her wife’s lips firmly.

The two stayed like that for a few minutes until they heard the ‘clicking’ sound of something nearby. Immediately, a second later, a string of lights lit up the nearby garden and pathways, the evening “lights” of the castle using an automatic timer to go off and, inadvertently giving the two women a bit more of a romantic setting.

“Do they still shut off-“ Deanna started.
“At 11pm.” Selena answered. “I’ve checked.”

With a smile, Deanna nodded her head. Despite her expression of happiness, Selena could still see…something… in her wife’s eyes. She wasn’t sure what it was, and the setting sunset, along with her growing anxiety, was making it difficult to even take a guess.

“De…” she tried. “You’ve wanted to talk to me about something?”

“Yeah.” Deanna nodded, straightening herself a little. Carefully, Selena sat back a little to give her enough room, though she still kept Deanna’s hands in hers.

“Where do I start?” Deanna laughed. “Work?”
“Okay.” Selena nodded. “Are you okay travelling with me?”
“Yes.” Deanna nodded. “Especially with no house shows.”

It was something that, even Selena, was actually grateful for. With the state of the world being what it was, SCW had opted to focus its time on top-quality shows each week rather than trying and force house shows on top of that. This meant that Selena, and now Deanna, only needed two or three days a week to travel, do the show/PPV, and then return to Germany.

“I think…” Deanna hesitated a little. “I think you need me.”
The honest observation caused Selena to scoff. “I don’t think that. I know that.” She countered.

“You…” Sapphire eyes gazed down at the hands she held, the difference in their skin, hers pale and Deanna’s a normal shade – like someone that actually could tan in the sun rather than burn. “I have felt… so incomplete… every time I left that prison. Every time I got in the ring, it didn’t feel the same. Even with Regan. I allowed myself to be…” she looked away for a moment before returning her gaze to Deanna. “I allowed myself to just be a ‘yes’ person. Doing what everyone asked me to do because I felt that I had no right to ask for more or try for more.”

“Like the World title?”
“Not just that.” Selena shook her head. “It’s me not fighting for a rematch for the United States Title when I lost it to Xander. It’s me just taking the beatings every week. It’s me just trying to be helpful to Regan and David – and I still want to be but…”
“You also need to look out for you.”

“Yes.” Selena sighed. “When I was with you – or you were with me? I didn’t feel anything missing. If I wanted to fight someone? I brought the fight! If I wanted to go for a title? I went for it!”

Her hands gently squeezed Deanna’s. “With you? I felt like I could do anything… and when you were taken, that all disappeared. And suddenly, I was settling over and over again. Letting myself be a supporting character… and I don’t regret that for Regan or for Frozen Hell, but… I let it go on too long.”
“The tag-team?”
“No.” Selena shook her head. “Me being a doormat. Me being nothing more than a stepping stone for people to get ahead or get to Regan. The old me? When Xander hurt Regan? I would have smashed his head in with a chair and made him pay for what he did. The old me, when Infamous came after Helms? I would have dragged them out one by one and knocked them out.”

“You might still have that chance next week…” Deanna shrugged, earning a wave of Selena’s hand in a dismissive nature.
“Not the point.” She stated. “I know what I am without you and I know what I am with you – and I never want to go back to being without you. Do you understand?”

A smile strongly formed across Deanna’s face before she nodded her head briskly. “I’m glad…because I don’t want to be far from you again either.” She admitted. “It killed me to always be without you – and when I was back…there… all I could think about was what I would do if I got out ‘tomorrow’ or ‘the day after’. And staying with you – being your manager again… that was definitely one of them…”

Despite the impassioned speech by the two of them, an awkward silence fell upon them, which Selena managed to pick up on.

“What were the others?” She asked with a tilt of her head. “What other things did you want to do?”

For a moment, the redhead kept her eyes towards the sunset, which was nearing closer and closer to its end to allow the night sky to come forth, in which the sky would favour Selena’s outfit instead of hers. If she turned her head, she could already see the moon, bright and beautiful, shining in the darkening sky.

“I…” she sighed before turning her head back to Selena, sad smile crossing her features as she cupped the platinum-blonde’s face. “I don’t want to jinx it…” she started. “But the fact that there’s a chance that I could be freed…”

“More than a chance.” Selena assured, reaching up to placed her hands over Deanna’s. “The Magistrate wouldn’t have created a new trial if he didn’t feel like we have a compelling case. Trust me, De.” She swore. “We’ve got this… and you will never have to go back to that place ever again.”

Deanna bit her lower lip, trembling ever so slightly. She did not realize how much Selena put behind that vow. Selena had not been lying about how she was incomplete without Deanna. She had tried for two years to make up for it, filling her life, or whatever it was, with friendship and sisterhood. And while those things were still near and dear to her, she knew that what she felt now? This completeness? Was because of Deanna and was only possible through Deanna… and she was never going to let her wife be taken from her again…

“So where do we go from here?” She heard Deanna ask with a smile. “I mean…I know the trial needs to happen and all that – and I know I shouldn’t get ahead of myself because I’ll jinx it and I swore I wouldn’t do that and-“

Pale fingers pressed against soft lifts, hushing Deanna gently. “Beloved…” Selena whispered slowly in an almost sing-song voice. “Just tell me…”. She slowly removed her fingers, allowing Deanna to speak.

“Where do we go from there?” Deanna finally spoke. “Do we go stay here? Do we go back home? To our forever house?”

It was a question that Selena wasn’t sure about. One she hadn’t really thought of. In truth, she had not asked the children for their thoughts when Deanna had been imprisoned. She had just moved them into the castle, wanting them to be closer to Deanna. Did the children resent her for that? Amiliah was too young to do that and David? She couldn’t imagine her son having much care at his young age, long as he still got to watch his T.V and play his video games.

But Elsianna?

She had had friends back in Manhattan. People in their neighbourhood – people that none of them had seen in almost two years. The property was still very much theirs – still belonged to the Frost family – but what about the people there?

“I don’t know…” Selena answered honestly. “I never gave the children a choice last time… I don’t think I could do that to them again…”

“What about you?” Deanna asked. “Where do you want to be?”
“Corny as it sounds…” Selena replied quickly, the answer coming to her easy. “I’ve never held too much stock in a home. I hated my place in Nome, never felt like I belonged there. Only place I felt home was with you, wherever that was. So it doesn’t matter to me.”

Deanna’s expression softened to a tender smile, the girl leaning in to softly nuzzle her wife’s face affectionately. “I guess I need to think about it then.”
“And we need to talk to the children about it too.” Selena reminded her, earning a nod from Deanna.

“Okay…” she nodded. “So…you becoming World Champion. That’s work. Us possibly moving back to Manhattan. That’s personal lives – crossing that bridge later. What else?”

Selena was about to open her mouth when she heard the sound she had been hoping for and dreading for over two weeks. The sound of bells ringing, signaling the hour. They came from a nearby tower, from the old castle days, still operational.

“I thought Gunther didn’t do the bells anymore.” Deanna thought, recalling from her last visit to the castle years ago.
“No idea.” Selena sighed, getting to her feet. “But maybe that’s him telling us to wrap it up for tonight. Walk with me?”

She offered her hand to Deanna, who took it gently without any hesitation. “Of course.” She smiled, linking an arm around Selena’s to walk beside her, allowing the two to walk in step off the patio and into the gardens, remaining silent except for the occasional small-talk Deanna would make. Still, as Deanna walked, she began to notice something…

Despite walking in the garden, they didn’t really walk amongst so much as through – Selena keeping to the paved path as she led Deanna. “In a hurry to get me to bed?” Deanna asked, realizing the shortcut Selena was taking.

“…Not exactly…” Selena answered before turning around a corner of an overhang pass of stone…

And there, before Deanna’s eyes, to her shock, she saw the watchtower of the castle, where the museum was held, but in front of it were Amiliah, David, Elsianna, Gerda, Gunther, and Margarette, and someone she didn’t recognize, those his ceremonial robes gave his position away.

Walking a few more steps closer, she saw that they all wore dresses or fine clothes of that kind. Elsianna, with her hands covered in lace gloves, was dressed in a dark blue dress. David fidgeted uncomfortably in the small suit he wore, Gerda watching him carefully. There were three to a side , outlining a pathway that lead to the man in robes.

“What is-“ Deanna stopped to turn back towards Selena, who was kneeled before her. “Wait…what are you…”
“Doing?” Selena asked with a smile. “Something we should have done almost two years ago.” She stated, taking Deanna’s hand in hers.

“Deanna…” she started. “I can’t tell you how much I thank Odin that you and I are here now. That we have been given our time back, so to speak… And I love talking to you about the future we can now have… I want to have that future. But if there’s one thing that I learned from the last two years… it’s that you can’t take today for granted.”

She steeled herself with a deep breath.

“So…today. Tonight. Here and now. Let’s finish what we started. Marry me again.”

Disbelief washed over Deanna’s face, followed by joy and amusement before, finally, allowing her to release a laugh.

“You just had to plan this on my birthday, didn’t you?” she asked. “You clever minx.”
Selena smiled at her. “I had to put the odds in my favour. Cause if you say ‘no’ now? Oh! David’s gonna hate you for making him wear that suit.”

“Well then!” Deanna huffed. “For the sake of my son! And because I am pretty much booked with you for the next, what? Fifty? Sixty years of my life?”
“At least.”

Slowly, she placed her other hand in Selena’s to join the other, her voice now genuine and shining with every ounce of love she could convey. “Of course I will marry you again, my darling.”

With a grin, Selena slowly rose to her feet, grasping Deanna’s hands with hers before guiding her to the makeshift altar that was the tower of sorts. The man – the minister, Deanna was sure – greeted them with a smile.

“Dearly beloved…” he began, but most of the words were lost to Deanna. She could only keep her eyes on Selena, who’s sapphire eyes were locked on her. Fortunately, both were able to hear their cue lines in time to say the respectful “I do”s but that wasn’t what captivated them.

It was this moment. The moment denied to them years ago, yet still they fought for it together. And as the sunset etched out its last rays, illuminating Deanna’s hair as it shone behind her – as the moon shone high and bright, making Selena’s own platinum-blonde hair glow almost magically… as the two women drew in for the kiss that had been stolen from their lips long ago…

They knew that there would be other moments that they would have fight for. Moments they would have to suffer for in order to attain them.

But they would attain those moments. They would savour those moments. They would overcome every obstacle to have those moments…

Together…

The Royal Letter

So… it has begun.

Least that’s how I’d like to look at it. That is how I’d like to perceive it. Because, as much as CHBK would like to state up and down at how ‘he controls so much of SCW’ and how I’m someone that can be dismissed like Ravyn does in her promos where I am concerned… I know better.

At Retribution, Dark Fantasy was willing to pass me off and focus on David Helms. Focus most of their efforts on him with their words and history and threats… well, unlike Ravyn, I don’t need to ask if I ‘have your attention now’…. I know I do. I know that, no matter how much Syren will choose to ignore me,or pass me over with the briefest of mentions or the most basic of insults to make ‘better use her time’, I know what the endgame is here.

Selena Frost vs. Syren. “The Face of SCW” vs. “The Standard Bearer of SCW”. That is how SCW will bill this.

And I could go on and on about how Syren needs that to happen. How, perhaps more than me, she needs this match. How she needs someone of my history, my caliber, a woman that she has, begrudgingly, admitted is a name that deserves to be mentioned with respects to the World title just like her – how she needs a woman like that to prove that she should be considered for the World title again so she can make history… I could go on about how, as accoladed as she is, she’s not the only one. I could give a number of reasons why she needs this match to happen against me.

But I’m not going to do that. Because, quite honestly, I don’t give a damn whether she wants this match to happen or if she needs this match to happen. I don’t care what she thinks about the idea of facing me one-on-one. I don’t give a damn what she thinks of me or how many more one-liners about Disney she can cram into a promo just to try for some cheap heat. She can hate me, hate the idea of a match with me all she wants. This match won’t happen because she or CHBK wants it to…

This match will happen because I want it to happen.

Sound selfish? Maybe it is. See, for over a year, I have fought for other people’s dreams. Happily, I might add. I helped my sister become Grand Slam Champion. I helped David Helms when he needed it. I helped bring some form of prestige to the United States Championship after Bree tossed it away like it was a demotion. I fought for everyone… except for one person.

Deep down, I wasn’t fighting for myself. Deep down, I had forgotten how to. I had forgotten how to fight for what I wanted and I forgot how to ‘bring the fight’ like I had in the past against the likes of Vixen Cain, Giovanni Aries, and Xander Valentine.

David Helms made me realize in the past few weeks, that there was nothing ‘evil’ about wanting things. For fighting for what you want… just fight with honor – with integrity – fight like you’re, oh I don’t know, a member of Supreme Championship Wrestling…

So last week? That was the beginning. SCW didn’t want to have my wife be my manager, wanting to have me grow and fight and learn on my own, with her more as an audience member. I fought for her to be with me again. I fought for her to be by my side, this time as a full-fledged manager. Why? Because I wanted it that way. I want the world to see the kind of wrestler, the kind of woman, I am when she is by my side. When she is there, completing my very being.

I wanted it. I fought for it. I got it.

And so I went further! I declared that I wanted two things: Syren and the World Championship. And, just like with Deanna being here, I am willing to fight like hell to make both those things happen.

Because if Retribution proved one thing to me and to the world, it’s how personal this feud… no… this war between us, Syren, has become. You want to be world champion? You want to be ‘the standard bearer of SCW’? I said ‘prove it’ and you spit on me.

So what will I say now? Same as Breakdown. Prove it… over my dead body!

Yeah, hard to think that a little spit wasn’t enough to dissuade me. No, all you did, Syren, when you spit on me was convince me that, while getting you in the ring one on one may not be easy, it’s something that needs to be done. That has to be done. That I want to be done.

So… let this be the first step to that end! Let tonight, live on Breakdown, be the beginning of my quest to face you Syren!

And how interesting is it that I start off facing the member of Infamous that I’ve faced more often than any other? Christy Matthews.

Christy… It seems right that I face you first. After all, you were the first name that Syren dropped in that Retribution promo a few weeks back, saying that I, apparently, don’t respect you because I didn’t mention you in a promo. The ‘2nd female to win the world title’, right? That’s what she said. Funny thing is… in terms of respect, in your case, it’s actually partially true.

I don’t respect you, Christy. Is that surprising? Have you ever respected me? I mean, let’s think long and hard about that. Christy. Because, after the history you and I have had, I find it hard to believe for even a second and, thus, find it hard to respect you at all.

How many times have we fought, Christy? How many times have you and I battled in this ring, be it for a title or just bragging rights or proving points or, for the umpteenth time, you ‘wanting to prove that I’m evil’? Either to the world, or your daughter (and I hope she is doing well, honestly), that just seems to be one of your go-to lines where our battles have been concerned.

Honestly, Christy? Now that I’m thinking about it? I’ve lost count how many times we’ve fought. That tends to happen after nearly eight years here. But you know what I don’t forget, Christy? You know what is still strong in my memory?

How you held me up in the finals of the United States Championship tournament last July, prompting Chris Cannon to interfere and spear me so you could try and win the title.

How you had Alexander Crowe as the official when you tried to battle me for the United States title in my first reign.

How you wrapped camera cables around my neck in front of that official in that same match.

See, Christy, I remember those because they revealed the desperation you have where I am concerned. Because you’ve proven that you don’t care how. You’ll do anything just to beat me. You’ve proven how far you are willing to bend the rules, even break them, just to say “I beat Selena Frost.” once again. Because, let’s face it, you haven’t done that in years.

So how can I respect someone of the same cloth as Syren. Who, rather than get better as a wrestler, simply hatches up a new scheme to try and get one over on me? Who doesn’t respect me as a wrestler or a woman to give me the fair fight to truly prove ourselves?

I mean, that’s what I really should be asking, right, Christy? Not ‘what are you going to do to overcome what I am becoming again’. Not ‘how will you beat me when I’m stronger than ever with Deanna by my side’.

No, I should just be asking, “Hey, Christy! What will it be this time? You gonna have all Infamous jump me or is it just gonna be typical Richter sticking his nose in our match? How will the great Christy Matthews prove to the world and, possibly, to her daughter, that I am not a role model by screwing me out of this match?”. Yeah – that’s something about you that I’ve never understood. You’re going to prove I’m wicked and evil… by screwing me out of the match like a villain.

That’s what I should be asking, Christy, and that’s what I will be preparing for. Because that’s how desperate you have become. Because, despite my worst, I’ve beaten you time and time again. And because, now, I’m in your head. Just like I’m in Ravyn’s head. Just like I’m in CHBK’s head.

Just like I’m in Syren’s head.

Because the woman that can beat you, that HAS beaten you? The woman that had CHBK terrified when he witnessed her beating Xander Valentine in record time?

That’s who you’re facing again, Christy. And that is someone that you need to realize, real quickly, isn’t going to just accept your opinions.

A month or so ago? Your remark that I am “far from World Title contender material”? I would have agreed with you. I would have agreed with not being at that level. That was how low I was and, unlike you, I didn’t have a troupe of yes-people to get me out of it and I didn’t want to sell my soul or my morals just to get ahead. I was at the lowest I have ever been, but, unlike you, I didn’t blame anyone but myself. I got myself into this rut, and I was going to claw and fight my way out of it! Back to the place where I hear your words now – your condemnation of me, Christy, and remarks of my ‘unworthiness’ – and I DON’T agree with them!

That’s where I am now, Matthews, where not only am I’m not going to agree with your assessment, but also, tonight, I am going to use it as motivation – as fuel to the fire inside me – to beat you senseless for the sole purpose of proving you wrong.

That’s right, I am going to disprove, in front of you, CHBK, and especially Syren, that not only am I worthy of being the World Champion once again, but, sooner than you think, I am going to BECOME the SCW World Champion once again!

So, tonight, Christy? Instead of being your ‘stepping stone’ or Syren’s ‘future stepping stone’, you are going to be mine. You are going to be my proving grounds, my first step, towards the inevitable match that Syren cannot avoid forever.

You say I don’t belong in the World title picture? I’ll say the same thing I told Syren… Prove it!

Because if that’s the case, you won’t need the schemes or the tricks or the henchman, or the boss’ daughter giving you a free pass when it comes to me, will you? You won’t need any of that because you’re Christy Frickin Matthews and I should respect you, right?

If I am so unworthy, Christy, prove it tonight! Prove you’re better than me! Prove you can beat me simply because of that.

Because that’s the pressure you’ve put on yourself, Christy. Do you have any idea how bad it’ll look on you if you need CHBK, Syren, or any of Infamous again just to beat me? The woman you deem as ‘unworthy’? Do you have any idea how bad it’ll look on you and how motivating that will be for me?

I’ll let you think about that, Christy. Talk it over with Ravyn. Get her thoughts about playing right into my hands that way, just like all the other times. Because, Christy, though I don’t remember all history, do you know what I do recall?

Despite the interference? Despite the cheap shots? Despite the rule-breaking? Despite your desperation and despite the odds, know what I remember?

That it was me that prevailed over you time and time again. That it was me that defeated your, supposedly, ‘perfect schemes’. That was me that walked out of our encounters, proving every word that I promised I would.

And that, Christy, will remain the same tonight. Whether it’s one-on-one or one-on-six. Because I’m not just going to beat you again Christy. I’m not going to just make you and CHBK think that I might be World-Champion material after the beating I give you…

No… when I am done with you, Christy Matthews, I am going to make you both believe it!

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost
The Face of SCW