Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Shaun Cruze vs. Giovanni Aries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, April 7, 2021
5th March 2021

Los Angeles

Shaun sits on the sofa, reading a story to Dorothea who listens to him whilst sat on his knee. He enjoyed these moments with her, realizing how precious they were, and how these would be his fondest memories when she was all grown up. He doesn’t even notice Angyalka as she walks into the room and stands to the side of them, just watching and listening but not making a sound. A contented smile on her face. It’s only as Shaun ends the story that he realizes that she is there.

Shaun: Oh hey, I didn’t hear you come in.

Angyalka: I was listening to the story. Your voice, it soothes me.

Shaun: Dorothea seems to like it too… funny isn’t it how the simplest things are the best.

Angyalka takes a seat next to him, resting her head on his shoulder.

Angyalka: What’s wrong my love?

Shaun: Me… nothing why?

Angyalka: Since you came back from the hospital, you’ve been distracted. As if you mind lies somewhere else.

Shaun: I guess it shook me, that’s all.

Angyalka: No, it’s not that Shaun… it’s Giovanni Aries isn’t it? It’s troubling you because you want to do something about him, but you can’t.

Shaun: Dorothea, go and play with your toys for a little while, Mummy and Daddy just need to talk.

The little girl scurries away obediently, Shaun shifting on his seat.

Angyalka: That’s it isn’t it?

Shaun: The guy is an absolute menace, and no one seems to be able to stop him. He’s destroying everything that I helped to create in SCW and all I’m doing now is sitting in front of a screen and watching him do it. Kelcey stepped up to the plate to help the guys, and what did I do? Nothing.

Angyalka shrugs

Angyalka: Because it isn’t your business anymore babe.

Shaun: No, it’s not… but maybe it should be. I can still remember what Tommy Wasley said to me when Cindy Todd was terrorizing EMERGE. I hesitated then, and it took him to jolt me into action.

Angyalka: So, what you going to do… buy SCW? I’m sorry Shaun but…

Shaun: No Angy, I think what I need to do is deal with Giovanni myself.

Angyalka sighs, a slightest of grins on her face

Angyalka: Sometimes, I wish I didn’t know you so well.

Shaun: You mean you knew I was thinking this?

Angyalka: Yes, even since the two of you started going at it on social media, I knew this was going to happen, and prepared myself for it.

Shaun: You don’t mind?

Angyalka lifts her hand and rests it on his cheek.

Angyalka: Even if I did, would it stop you?

Shaun: Yes… it would. Look Angyalka, if you don’t want me to do this, if you think it’s too dangerous. I’ll stay out of it. But this guy…

Angyalka: Shaun, if anyone can stop him, it’s my God of Thunder. But I meant what I said, I’m not letting you out of my sight. If you’re going to do this, it’s with me by your side. There are a few words I would like to say to Mr. Aries as well.

Shaun: You sure? This could get messy.

Angyalka: If that’s the case then yes… I’m sure. Does Owen know you’re thinking of doing this?

Shaun: Yeah, and he doesn’t like it. I get what he’s saying, and he’s taken it like I don’t believe in him to do it himself. But he doesn’t have what it takes in him. He’s too nice. I’m hoping he’ll come round and be ringside… but who knows?

Angyalka: It must be difficult for him seeing all his friends fall the way they have. He just doesn’t want his Uncle to go the same way.

Shaun: I know, and that’s why I’m doing my best to understand how he feels, but I can’t just sit back and watch this carry on. It’s not who I am.

Angyalka: I know. If anyone can do this, it’s you.

Shaun puffs out his cheeks.

Shaun: Well, I guess the last thing I need to do is get Sasha to agree.

Angyalka: You don’t think she will?

Shaun: According to Owen, Sasha is all about the almighty dollar these days, and this match will certainly sell tickets. I honestly don’t see how she would refuse.

Angyalka pats the sofa, and Dorothea walks over, settling herself between them

Angyalka: Just don’t get hurt ok? For all our sakes

Shaun: I won’t… I’m the Impact Player remember?

7th March 2021
Toronto

Shaun sits in the SCW offices, taking his place in a waiting room having already confirmed his arrival at the desk. It was weird being back here, even weirder seeing his face on one of the walls. His daydream is interrupted by the receptionist shouting over.

Receptionist: Mr. Cruze… you can go in now

Shaun gets to his feet and points at the door labelled with Sasha’s name, but the receptionist shakes her head and points to the one next to it. Shaun scowls, but does as he’s told, opening the door and stepping inside.

“Ah, Shaun, so nice to meet you, won’t you take a seat?”

Shaun shakes the man’s hand, and then does indeed sit down.

Shaun: Err, I was expecting to meet with Sasha?

“Yes, I am afraid something came up. She of course sends her apologies and has asked myself to step into the breach so to speak. She has brought me fully up to speed on the situation… oh, my apologies… allow me to introduce myself. My name is Stephen Dowling, and I am Sasha’s representative.”

Shaun: I’m not sure…

Stephen: I assure you; I have been given full authority on this. It really won’t be any different to speaking with Sasha herself… other than the fact I’m a man of course.

Shaun: Well, OK… I guess if Sasha has given you all the facts.

Stephen: That she has… now before we start would you like a drink?

Shaun: No, I’m good thank you.

Stephen: OK then, let’s get started.

Stephen opens a manila folder and then pushes a contract in front of Shaun.

Stephen: I’m sure you would find everything in order. It contains the usual wavers for this kind of match of course, should you get injured and you not being an actual SCW employee…

Shaun: Excuse me, I don’t understand?

Stephen: The contract for your match with Giovanni Aries, that’s what you are here for is it not?

Shaun: Yeah, but I thought I was coming here to request the match?

Stephen chuckles

Stephen: Oh… no Shaun, I can call you Shaun, right?

Shaun holds his hand up, confirming it is ok.

Stephen: The match has already been agreed, Mr. Aries is apparently more than willing to face you, and Sasha of course understands the magnitude of a match such as this. Your match has been authorized, all we need is your signature, right there.

He points to the dotted line as Shaun starts to scan the contract. Shaun had taken it as an insult that Sasha wasn’t here personally, but not he understood why. She had already made her mind up the minute Shaun had made the phone call. Stephen watches him with his fingers steepled as Shaun goes through the fine print which as Dowling had suggested was all standard stuff.

Stephen: All good?

Shaun: Yeah, seems so. Except for one thing…

Stephen: Which is?

Shaun: I’d like to add a further stipulation.

Stephen: Oh?

Shaun: I’m not doing this because I want a three-count bro, I’m doing this because I want him gone from SCW, therefore if I beat him, he walks… forever. I lose, I never step foot in SCW again, in any guise.

Stephen: Err, I’m not sure I can authorize that…

Shaun signs the contract anyway and slides it back.

Shaun: Consider that a signing in a good faith… do whatever you need to do, to make it happen. Tell Sasha that no amount of money Giovanni is making is worth the damage he is doing to this company’s reputation and I’d be doing her a massive favor.

Stephen: I’ll see what I can do but…

Shaun: Stephen, she’s losing the roster, she must see that. When you’ve got someone like my Nephew calling her out, then something must change. Anyway, I guess I’ll see you all April 8th. I’ll see myself out.

Shaun stands and heads to the door, leaving without even turning back. Stephen sits there a little stunned by the altercation, but then picks up the phone. Back outside, Shaun leaves the offices and takes a long intake of Canadian air, as a smile forms on his face. He’d gotten his way, now all he needed to do was make it happen, and do something that no one else ever could.

31st March 2021
New Orleans

Shaun sits in a diner in New Orleans, ahead of the Breakdown show. No one knew he was here, not even Owen, and Shaun intended on keeping it that way. He’d still not spoken with Owen, bar a couple of short texts, so it seemed that he was still not happy with the situation. He’d be even less happy if he knew Shaun was around. However, someone who did know where Shaun was, was Yvonne Knight, and it is her who Shaun spies entering the establishment. Shaun raises his hand to get her attention, and Yvonne smiles as she walks over, Shaun getting up and holding out a chair for her.

Ivy: Ever the Gentlemen Shaun

Shaun: Always, at least for a Lady.

Yvonne and Shaun had a similar relationship to that of him and Kelcey, the only difference being Yvonne and Shaun had once been in a relationship. It hadn’t worked out, but they had remained friends to this day.

Ivy: So, I guess it’s no real surprise that you are in New Orleans the day before Breakdown. You planning on showing up?

Shaun: That was the idea yeah. Try and get on the front foot.

Shaun holds up his hand and orders Ivy a fruit juice same as him.

Ivy: Have to say, it’s quite a ballsy move challenging him, especially considering what he has done of late. Ballsy, but no real surprise.

Shaun: I couldn’t just sit back and let him get away with what he did. To Owen, Peyton, Kelcey… it’s not right.

Ivy: Oh, I know, I know you better than most remember.

The waitress arrives with the drinks order, Ivy and Shaun both thanking her.

Ivy: Look Shaun, I get it. Just like Orlando, you never walk away from a situation. And we both know that if this were just a wrestling match there is no doubt you would beat him. But you must know Giovanni will have a plan. He’ll have set a trap, and you’re walking straight into it.

Shaun: Wouldn’t be the first time hun?

Ivy: No, it wouldn’t. But this is Giovanni Aries we are talking about, someone who would do anything to end any Cruze family legacy with SCW. If he can find a way to REALLY hurt you, you know he’s going to do it don’t you?

Shaun nods, he understood that perfectly.

Ivy: You’ve got everything Shaun. You’re a successful businessman and actor, you have Angyalka, Jacob and Dorothea and family and friends that adore you. Now that you have stepped up and targeted Giovanni, he will use them again you, guaranteed. There’s no limit to what he will do Shaun… is it worth the risk for a company you are no longer a part of?

Shaun: I’m not a part of it no, but Owen is.

Ivy: So, it’s not just about SCW, this is all for Owen?

Shaun: I’m doing this Ivy because I can. I don’t have any reputation in the business to uphold like Owen does. I don’t have to conjure any demons to face Giovanni because they are already there. Owen will never evolve under Giovanni is gone and out of SCW. And if I can do that for him because his Father isn’t able to, then that is exactly what I am going to do. You think Gio would be getting away with it if Orlando were here?

Ivy: No, he wouldn’t

Shaun: No, he wouldn’t… and he ain’t going to get away with it on my watch either. He may not like it now, but in time Owen will get that I was doing this for him, so that he could be the man he wants to be. Plus, let’s face it… I’ve been in the ring with bigger and badder individuals than Giovanni Aries. I may be a bit rusty granted, but this isn’t going to be a wrestling match, it’s going to be a fight and I reckon I can stand my ground against that idiot… and anything else he might throw at me on the night.

Ivy: Like I said, it’s ballsy, but it seems like you know what you are doing, and that’s enough for me. You have more than enough people still in SCW that won’t let anything else happen anyways.

Shaun: Exactly, it will be fine… and if Sasha makes good on my stipulation, we won’t have to worry about him again.

Ivy: Stipulation?

Shaun: He loses, he leaves SCW. I lose, I never set foot in SCW again.

Ivy: Wow

Shaun: No half measures right… balls and all.

Ivy: That’s a sobering image Shaun

They both laugh and take the moment to have a drink.

Shaun: Anyway, whilst you are here, I need to ask you something.

Ivy: Sounds ominous

Shaun: Nah, not really… how would you like to be in the sequel to Resistance: Earth?

Ivy: What?

Shaun: I’m looking for someone to play a part, and you would be perfect.

Ivy: I literally have no acting experience, why would you want me?

Shaun: Like I had any experience when I started.

Ivy: But you had a knack for it, I don’t

Shaun: How do you know until you try? I certainly didn’t.

Ivy: I don’t know Shaun… it’s sems a bit too much

Shaun: Look, it’s not a massive part. Kennedy has already signed up; Jordan Majors will be in it as well. Honestly, you’ll be fine… and you’d be doing me a massive favor for a friend.

Ivy: Oh right, emotional blackmail now huh?

Shaun: It will be fun, I promise. We’ll have a right laugh and who knows, perhaps it will be the start of something new?

Ivy: I very much doubt that… but ok, I’ll give it a go… for you.

Shaun: Yes, thank you Ivy. Kennedy had us in stitches filming the last one… she’s got an even bigger part this time as the big bad.

Ivy: Sounds like Kennedy.

Shaun: I’ll get someone to draft up a contract and email it to you… so excited about this Ivy.

Ivy: Don’t be, you haven’t seen me act yet

Shaun: No, but you’ve seen me, and you can’t be much worse. Running, jumping and avoiding explosions… that about sums up my acting career. If I can do it, anyone can hun.

Ivy: Yeah, I guess your right

Shaun: Oi, you weren’t supposed to agree.

Shaun holds up his drink.

Shaun: How’s about we get out of here and have a proper drink?

Ivy: Sounds good to me, but no getting…

Shaun: Arrested? I know, you say this every time, but it was ONCE.

Ivy: Once was enough thank you

The two of them finish their drinks, Shaun leaving some money on the table. They then leave the diner, and search for the nearest bar, as the scene fades.

7th of April
Edmonton

Shaun sits in a SCW recording booth, taking in the moment. It had been a long time since he had done one of these, a promo that he never thought he would have to record again. As the crew go about setting everything up, Shaun still even now felt like he belonged, like a feeling that he had kept towards the back of his mind has resurfaced. The part of him that was and would always be a professional wrestler. It had been a lot easier to put it all to one side after his match with Owen had concluded, but that didn’t mean that right now he felt anything other than being at home. As the crewmember finishes attaching the mic to his shirt, the cameraman gives him the thumbs up, and Shaun starts to speak.

“You know, I’ve gone through all the emotions in booths such as these. I’ve shared my hopes, and my dreams. I’ve been angry, sad, happy or something in between. And you guys have been with me through all of that. It didn’t matter how bad I felt, speaking to you all like this somehow always made me feel that little better, as if I’d had someone to listen to me. More than anything it made me realize that people cared. Not necessarily just about me, but about Supreme Championship Wrestling overall. I knew I wasn’t alone in wanting what was best for this company, and that the SCW universe shared that belief. And when I left SCW I knew that there would always be people that just like me, would always look out for those three initials, and protect it with every single fibre of their being. I knew that like me; those people would never stand alone. Do you know what now I see guys? I see a company that has lost its way. A company that has lost its identity.

And there is no singular reason why that has been allowed to happen. I mean, I’m not a single bit naïve, I know that when I was walking the corridors it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows, and the fact that Olek is no longer in power cannot be blamed, though it seems like he may have returned to take that control. But it seems to me like almost everyone comes into SCW and immediately acts like it owes them something. Like they are the ones doing the company a favor by being there. These people are signed by the SCW board, they are signed by Sasha, which means that on top of a roster that couldn’t give two shits about the company, you have an owner who is hesitant to do anything about those that never have a good word to say. Let’s not forget, the United States Champion, a title I proudly held during my tenure, only what, eighteen months ago, was injuring fans at ringside. And yet continued to compete. People have almost died, without ANY repercussions on those responsible. That’s not just a roster with weak morals, that’s a company with weak management. Management that allows a twenty-year-old boy to decide whether an individual should be fired for his actions. Management that allows people to go on social media and issue death threats to a person’s family, without any recourse.”

He’d had personal experience of that one, and it clearly troubles him.

“But, although there is no singular reason, there is one person who is directly responsible more than any other. And that’s where you come in Aries. No doubt, you’ll love the notoriety I’m about to give you, but you are the one who has dragged the SCW into the dirt more than most. See, although most signed a contract for their own selfish gains, there were a group of people who existed to help see the company thrive. Kelcey, Owen, Peyton, Aaron and Alistaire… they paddled against that tide, at the sacrifice of their own careers, to try and stop the inmates from ruling the asylum. But no matter how many times they defeated you, my own Nephew beating you three times, no matter how many times they put you in your box, you always emerged. Every time going that little bit further. More and more, people were getting hurt, either directly, or indirectly by your hand. You however sunk more and more in madness, and one by one the ‘Perfect Pack’ as you called them, were taken out by these extraordinary lengths you were willing to go to, as you saw them as the soldiers of the ‘Lizard King’ or ‘Lizard Princess’. Till eventually my Nephew had enough, he wanted no more of his friend’s blood spilt for what he now saw as an unwinnable battle. They needed the managements support, and yet they got nothing. The future of this company dismantled by someone who believes in imaginary Lizard and Rabbit Holes. The future of this company now at risk of being overrun by people just like you, because of a management unwilling to get in your way. A management that I’m afraid to say, believes more in the almighty dollar, than it cares about those that actually give a shit about the company.”

Shaun shakes his head, not quite believing that he was having to say the words.

“Fact is Giovanni, on some things, I cannot help but agree with you. It does indeed seem like right now the company prefers the sounds of the cash register ringing, over the wellbeing of its roster. I must nod my head and say that yes, it does piss me off that Owen didn’t get the support when he needed it. But you are not going to change that by almost killing people underneath the Elimination Chamber. You’re not going to change the course of the company by nearly causing people to lose their goddamn minds in a drug induced stupor. Things have got to change at the top, no question. But I can’t do a thing about that Giovanni. What I can do however is stop YOU. Stop you from going near Owen ever again. Stop you from causing his career to stall, because he has to deal with you, week in, week out. Stop YOU from ever discrediting my company again. And I bet you’re laughing right now aren’t you? If Selena and Owen couldn’t end you, if Blake couldn’t end you, what hope have I got right? Well, you see Aries, the difference between those guys and me doesn’t have anything to do with wrestling ability, or how far they were willing to go. No, the difference is Aries, I don’t have to worry about my reputation after. I don’t have to worry about competing, with everyone staring at me, wondering how I could go so far, comparing me to you and saying I’m no better. I have people that like me, I have people that hate me… guess which ones I care about Giovanni? I must chuckle Gio, when I hear you on social media, talking about winning or not doesn’t matter, and it’s about the outcome and how it all ends. Do you really think that the three count is all I want? Owen did that three times, and it didn’t make a blind bit of difference. No, I want you gone, for good… and I know the way to do it as well.”

He grins, shifting in his seat.

“Because, make no bones about it, I could beat the living daylights out of you, hospitalize you, put you on the shelf, but like a bad smell you’d always come back. I could break a few bones with the Shaun Shooter, or kick you senseless with the Morality, leaving you on concussion protocols for the next few months but that wouldn’t be permanent either. When the bell rings, I’ll do my best to ensure its feet first on a stretcher, I think I owe that to all that have been wronged by you in the last three and a half years, but it will be with the satisfaction of knowing that you are through, kaput… over. See, it was I that went to the SCW Board with the stipulation for the match, and I want your ego to take over here, so that you throw your weight behind the idea. I said, that if I lose… then that’s it for me. The company I love, the company I stand by, I’d NEVER step foot in it again. Not as a wrestler, not as a Manager, not even as a genuine ticket buying supporter. But if YOU lose Gio, you walk away. You pack up your shit and get out of SCW forever, and you spew your crap elsewhere. If you are so confident of the outcome, if you say there is no way I can come out of this as a winner in every sense of the word, endorse this stipulation, regale in it. Tell the ‘Lizard Princess’ you are all for it. Or expose yourself as the fraud you have always been. Because that’s the thing Aries, you consider yourself so ‘different’, but I’ve seen many, many guys just like you. They didn’t talk about ‘scaly bastards’ or riddle their brains with narcotics I grant you, but they all had the same outlook as you. To bring down the authority that they claim was holding them down. Aries, from where I’m looking from you’ve been lucky, because an actual authority wouldn’t have let you get away with your bullshit. You should be thanking the ‘Lizard’ family, for allowing you to exist here. But Aries, your luck has run out. You’re about to be dismissed by the Impact Player, just another asshole that I’ve dealt with. And then maybe I’ll see if there is a place on the board here, it certainly seems like it needs a fresh face, with fresh ideas. And someone with the courage to step up to a cretin like you. Tick tock Gio… the Rabbit Hole is about to be closed for good.”

Shaun nods, and the cameraman stops filming, a crew member removing the mic.

Shaun: Was that ok?

Crew member: Like you’d never been away. Good luck tomorrow night Shaun, I’ll be rooting for you.

Shaun: Thanks, I’ll do my best. Dread to think what happens if he gets past me as well.

Shaun walks away from the booth, the camera following him for a moment before cutting back, picking up Owen Cruze leant against a pillar, having heard the whole thing.

Owen: Guess I’ll have to bail you out as well Shaun…

He sighs, shaking his head before walking away. As the scene fades