Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Cruze vs. Jessica Lasiewicz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, May 12, 2021
==========
May 2nd, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Off Camera
==========

Be Careful What You Wish For turned out to be a very appropriate name for the SCW pay per view. “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams called out Giovanni Aries and The Wonderland and she got her wish in spades. Kimberly, with the assistance of her half-sister “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz, ended up trying to fend off Alice, Cain, and Gio of the Wonderland all while David Helms did battle against an enraged Owen Cruze. The tag team better known as Vengeance only wanted to even the playing field and take out the Wonderland, but in the end it didn’t matter as Owen managed to squeak out the victory. Did Kim and Jessica do more harm than good? That may be a good question but that isn’t the question on the mind of The Archangel as she paces back and forth in front of the trainer’s room in the PPG Points Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the host of Be Careful What You Wish For.

Lasiewicz cannot help but feel torn up inside over this entire situation. She has had little to no encounters with Owen Cruze personally and she thinks the whole Wonderland and Lizard Kingdom stuff preached by Giovanni Aries is utter nonsense, but she cannot help feel some connection to the younger, rebellious Cruze. She cannot help but feel some empathy towards Owen, for she once felt the same kind of anger as him. She once felt anger towards a system she thought was unfair, she felt anger towards family members she thought were hypocrites. She also remembers how she allowed that anger to turn her into a violent monster, a monster that lives deep down inside the darkest pits of her soul today.

She calls it The Morning Star and whenever she was in that mood with that anger and rage, she would have no problem executing her own brand of justice against those she felt deserved to be punished. Did she take things too far? Definitely. And she still regrets many of the things she did when she still had that anger controlling her. She cannot help but feel Owen is heading down a similar path as she once went down. Even Jessica’s half-sister, the demented Kimberly Williams, can understand where Owen is coming from. But Jessica and Kim both have managed to control the rage that they feel, they control their anger and use it when necessary.

The Archangel believes that Owen Cruze is confused. He’s being reactionary and letting his emotions control his actions. Jessica was guilty of this once and that is why she is empathetic towards him. But the question remains, what will she do about Owen and the Wonderland in the coming week? She already knows that on the May 13th edition of Breakdown from Hartford, Connecticut she will have a date with Cruze in the center of the ring. And as empathetic as she may feel, she cannot hold back. Owen is a former World Champion himself and just beat a former World Champion in David Helms tonight. She will have to be at her best if she hopes to knock some sense into Owen, let alone beat him.

Intensity seems to be oozing from the eyes of the Polish athlete as she paces the floor just outside the trainer’s room, waiting on her sister Kimberly to emerge. Lasiewicz has already changed out of her combat gear and back into some more casual attire; black denim jeans, black boots, and a black top. She is wearing a black leather hooded jacket. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to just past the shoulders. A scowl is etched across her face. Just then the trainer’s room door swings open and “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams jumps out with arms outstretched.

“Ta-da!” Kimberly is grinning ear to ear but Jessica doesn’t seem to share in her cheer. “Good as new!”

“Glad you enjoyed it, Kim.”

“Enjoyed it? I had a blast! I wanna do it again! Can we fight him again only this time in a death match? But with actual death!”

Lasiewicz rolls her eyes. “Right, like Mr. D would allow you to murder Owen, Gio, and the Wonderland.”

“Owen is confused so I’ll spare him but I’m sure I can find a nice landfill to dump the bodies of the other three clowns.”

“Are you being serious? Tell me you’re not serious.”

“I use a penguin stuffed with lead weights named after my boyfriend as my deadliest of weapons. So you tell me, am I ever serious?”

“Sorry I asked.” The Archangel turns and walks away in a huff. The Woman Scorned tilts her head to one side, curiously studying her half-sister before eventually skipping off after her. Lasiewicz comes to a stop by a crate and hops on it, sitting down. Kimberly approaches and looks in Jessica’s eyes.

“Did I do something wrong?”

“No, you did nothing wrong. If anyone is in the wrong here it’s me.” Jessica chuckles as she motions to her half-sister. “Y’know, Kim, I wish I could be more lighthearted and jovial like you. You can make anything into a joke but me? I just can’t do that. I am guilty of taking things too seriously, of overanalyzing situations, and sometimes that leads me to question myself.”

Kimberly hops up onto the crate next to Jessica. “What are you talking about, Jess?”

“Have you ever stopped to consider Gio’s ridiculous claims? I mean, past the whole Lizard Kingdom and Wonderland nonsense, have you ever stopped to consider the claims of corruption within this business? I come from two families, the Jones family and the Lasiewicz family, both of whom have fought on the light side and the dark side in different times, so I recognize better than most when there is corruption, when there is greed, where there is darkness. And yes, I see a lot of corruption in how business is done right now in Supreme Championship Wrestling. I get where Gio is coming from and I get where Owen is coming from. But do you know why I still fought The Wonderland tonight?”

“Because you love me sooooooo much?!” Kim exclaims with a cheesy grin.

“Partially. But also because while their cause may be justified their chosen tactics are not. The ends do not always justify the means. What they’ve done to so many people? They way they’ve struck at Mr. D’s family, Kelcey Wallace, and so many others, well that’s unforgivable.”

Kimberly Williams raises her hand almost as if she is a student in a classroom requesting permission to speak. The Archangel rolls her eyes. “Yes, Kim?”

“Excuse me, but didn’t you break the leg of your best friend Summer Collins because she did you wrong and because she was one of the most corrupt cheaters in the game?”

“You’re right, I did break her leg.” Tears form in Jessica’s eyes. “Summer and I have reconciled since then, we are friends now, but I still lose sleep knowing that her career will no doubt end sooner than it should all because of me. I lashed out with my anger and rage and I regret it to this day. People like Gio, The Wonderland, they may or may not be permanently lost. But Owen is not lost. I do not want someone like Owen to end up making the mistakes I made in my career.”

Kimberly embraces Jessica in a tight hug. Upon breaking the hug, Kimberly smiles warmly at her half-sister and her demeanor goes from jovial to much more serious. “And that’s why you are the best of us all.”

“Us?”

“Me, you, Marie...y’know, we’re all Angelica’s children, but you’re the best of us. You put other people ahead of yourself. You’re not some greedy bitch looking for fame and fortune, you’re not a psycho who wants to hurt people and hurt herself, you just want to help in any way you can.”

The Archangel wipes a tear from her eye. “Thanks, Kim, but you don’t give yourself enough credit. You’re an incredible human being too.”

“Yeah? Well if it were up to me I’d gut the entire lot of them and let God sort them out. But you’re willing to at least give that pimpsqueak Cruze a chance. But can I give you a suggestion?”

“What’s that?”

“Kick him in the head. A lot. Maybe a concussion or three will knock the Wonderland outta his skull.”

Jessica chuckles. “We’ll see, Kim. We’ll see.”

==========
May 7th, 2021
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

The ringing of church bells can be heard just outside of Our Lady of the Annunciation Catholic Church, a Roman Catholic Church in Boston, Massachusetts that has been the home parish for the Jones family ever since the original matriarch of the family, Kelly Kurinsky Jones, moved to the United States with her family from Russia to escape the Soviet Union. Kelly’s daughter, Angelica Jones, would be brought up in the Catholic faith and Angelica’s own children, Marie and Kim, Jessica, and Kelly, would all be baptized here in this church. The gothic archecticture of the external church building is reminiscent of the old but lovely medieval European churches that are seen throughout the world, especially in the Vatican.

Jessica Lasiewicz is ascending a small granite staircase that leads to the large wooden oak doors at the front of Annunciation Church. This is a sacred site for The Archangel so she is dressed properly for the occasion in an ankle length black skirt, black high heel pumps, and a red silk blouse. Lasiewicz reaches the top of the stairs and then approaches the front doors. She gently pulls the door open and then steps inside, shutting the door behind her. She approaches the finds a small fount of Holy Water. She dips her fingers inside and then makes the sign of the cross, touching her forehead, her chest, then each of her shoulders. She enters the sanctuary and notices that several deacons, a couple of priests, nuns, and a few other parishioners are gathered in Eucharistic Adoration. Lasiewicz doesn’t want to interrupt and instead genuflects and takes a seat in the back pew.

“Ávē Marī́a, grā́tiā plḗna,
Dóminus tḗcum.
Benedícta tū in muliéribus,
et benedíctus frū́ctus véntris túī, Iḗsūs.
Sā́ncta Marī́a, Mā́ter Déī,
ṓrā prō nṓbīs peccātṓribus,
nunc et in hṓrā mórtis nóstrae. Āmēn.”

Lasiewicz looks up towards the front of the church and lays her eyes upon a life sized statue of The Blessed Virgin Mary. She sighs deeply. “I offer this for peace within my family and peace within my soul, for I know what I must do but I am not sure I have the strength.” She bows her head and repeats for a second time the Latin version of the Hail Mary.

“Ávē Marī́a, grā́tiā plḗna,
Dóminus tḗcum.
Benedícta tū in muliéribus,
et benedíctus frū́ctus véntris túī, Iḗsūs.
Sā́ncta Marī́a, Mā́ter Déī,
ṓrā prō nṓbīs peccātṓribus,
nunc et in hṓrā mórtis nóstrae. Āmēn.”

Jessica suddenly feels a hand upon her shoulder. She jerks around and lets out a startled gasp. She sees the familiar and friendly face of Sister Maria standing there, looking down upon her with a warm smile upon her face. The lowly nun is a friend of her mother’s. The two became fast friends when Angelica herself was a nun and helped Maria get acclimated to life in the convent as a Carmelite Nun. Immediately the nerves are settled when Jessica sees that this is just a friendly face.

“I apologize, Ms. Lasiewicz...you are still going by your father’s name, am I correct?”

“That’s right, Sister, but please call my Jessica.”

“As you wish, Jessica.” She motions to the pew. “May I sit with you?”

“Of course.” Jessica moves over to allow Maria room to enter the pew. Sister Maria sits down next to Jessica.

“I saw you and I wanted to see how you were. It has been an awful long time since I heard from you, Jessica.”

Lasiewicz nods her head. “Yes, I know. I imagine the Church doesn’t look too fondly on me missing so much mass but I’ve been busy all over the world, competing for Supreme Championship Wrestling, Global Championship Wrestling, Millennium Wrestling Enterprise, and HKW Underground.” She sighs. “That last one is coming to an end shortly, unfortunately. Plus I’m moving back to Poland soon.”

:Really?” Maria asks. Jessica nods her head in confirmation.

“Yes. Well, I’m not sure how permanent the move will be. It may just be a temporary place. But I do want some connection to my dad’s homeland. And yet…” she shakes her head “...I just feel I’m letting everyone down but most especially my mom’s family. I’m running around doing all these things for myself and all the while my mom’s family is in disarray. Mom and Marie are fighting again and I don’t want to get involved but more and more I’m feeling pressured to do so.”

“You have always had a heart of gold and a moral compass that led you to make wise decisions. Just follow that heart and moral compass and they will tell you what you must do.”

Jessica sighs deeply. “Easier said than done, Sister. And my family problems aren’t the only problems I have. I stood by my sister Kim’s side to fight The Wonderland on Breakdown and then again at Be Careful What You Wish For. Now I’m fighting Owen Cruze on Breakdown. More and more I’m being sucked into this fight and…” Jessica’s voice trails off.

“What’s wrong?”

“I will fight him. And so help me God I will defeat him. But part of me wants to go further. Part of me says I need to go further. But I’m questioning myself. I’m questioning whether or not it’s justified. Most think he’s lost but I’m not convinced he’s lost.”

“That’s where your heart of gold comes in, Jessica. You are right, no one is lost; at least not completely.”

“So what should I do?”

“I cannot answer that, fighting isn’t my area. I can tell you that defending yourself is definitely justified and that there are times when fighting is justified. Just pray about it and let your heart guide you. You will not be led astray.”

==========
May 12th, 2021
Hartford, Connecticut
On Camera
==========

It’s near dark just outside the treeline of a forest located near Hartford, Connecticut. A brightly lit moon shining overhead provides what little light that we have and the only noise comes from the small animals within the forest. A few moments later the peace is shattered by the sound of twigs snapping, seeming to signal the arrival of someone onto the scene. It isn’t long until a dark silhouette emerges. We can tell that this is a female but nothing more due to the lack of lighting.

“Idź nieznaną ścieżką” Suddenly a spotlight lights up shining over the female silhouette. We can now see that this is “The Archangel” Jessica Lasiewicz. She is wearing a black leather hooded jacket. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to just past the shoulders. A scowl is etched across her face.

“The darkness of a dense forest represents the unknown, it represents an unclear path and that’s something that Supreme Championship Wrestling has come to know all too well in recent weeks, especially since none other than Owen Cruze decided to turn his back on everyone who ever supported him and turned his back on everything he believed in.” The Polish warrior pauses before her scowl is replaced with a smirk.

“At least that’s what you expect me to say, isn’t it Owen? You expect me to talk down to you for turning your back on SCW. Here’s the surprise for you, kid; I understand your angst and frustration. I understand what drove you to kick Shaun in the balls. Hell, I’m not one to judge you for that considering the fact that I’ve on more than one occasion I fought my mother and my father. So I get that. You grew up in a famous family with the pressure on you to no end, high expectations, only to feel like you were screwed by a corrupt system. I grew up as the daughter of thirteen time World Champion “The Dragon” Angelica Jones and former thirteen time World Champion “The Silver Eagle” Andreas Lasiewicz. I felt screwed by corrupt systems and I continue to feel the immense pressure of my heritage to this day. I understand you, Owen. And I’m not going to judge you, because it is not the job of The Archangel to judge. It is the job of The Archangel to mete out justice.”

The Archangel shakes her head. “I look at you and see a reflection of myself. I see an angry young man making rash decisions based entirely on emotion and rage. That was me not too long ago, Owen. I was an angry young woman making rash decisions based entirely on my anger. I dug myself into a pit so deep that I needed help getting out. I needed help bringing myself back from the brink. And if you’re not careful then you will find yourself in a worse position. You have already begun burning bridges and turning your best of friends into hated enemies. You may end up finding yourself in a pit you cannot drag yourself out of and you won’t have anyone to help you. And that’s what David Helms was trying to do at Be Careful What You Wish For. He was trying to give you a wake up call. Obviously you didn’t get the message so now it’s my turn to try and bring you out of the Wonderland and back into reality.”

“As you can tell, it is late. In a few hours it will officially be Thursday, May 13th, and we will be on our way to our collision on Breakdown. May 13th is an appropriate date for our match because it is the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. It commemorates the apparition of The Blessed Virgin Mary to three shepherd children; Lúcia dos Santos, Francisco Marto, and Jacinta Marto. On one such apparition the Blessed Virgin showed the three children a vision of hell. It was an indication of what unrepentant souls can expect. That’s what the message of Fatima is about, penance and changing your life.”

Lasiewicz points a finger at the camera. “Your life in this company, in this entire business, will become a living hell on earth if you continue down this path you have chosen. Believe me, I know because I experienced it myself. I was lucky to escape because I hadn’t quite burned all the bridges, I still had a support system of people who believed in me and were willing to give me another chance. But the more you push this, the more you run with this, the more likely you are to suffer hell on earth.”

The Archangel shakes her head. “Despite what it sounds like, I am not here to preach and no I am not here to judge. I am here to serve a notice and a warning to you, Owen Cruze. This path you have chosen to walk is one of pain, suffering, and heartache. The path you have chosen will only end up with you alone, with no one by your side, no support system, and no hope. My warning to you is to stop the insanity now before it is too late.”

“Still, I am The Archangel and I have a job to do. That job will be me planting my foot square in your face with Our Lady Peace, dropping you on your skull with Pure Deformation, and then maybe making you tap out with The Four Card Trick.” A sinister grin forms upon her lovely face. “Yes, that sounds good. What better way to bring you back down to reality that to make you quit? What better way to humble you than to make you tap out? And trust me on this, Owen, if I get the Four Card Trick locked in, you will have no choice but to tap out.”

“Oh and Owen? Here’s another warning for you. I would hope that you still have some decency and respect for wrestling, enough to keep this one on one between you and me, but if your new friends decide to get involved then you can expect involvement from my sister…” Kimberly Williams steps into view from stage right. She is wearing torn denim jeans, flip flops, and a red t-shirt. She has the Freddy Krueger knife glove on her right hand. “...and I will NOT stop her from maiming you and the entire Wonderland if they so much as look at me the wrong way.”

Jessica shuts her eyes. “Zważcie na moje ostrzeżenie. Dobranoc.”
Diary Entry - 2nd May 2021

Wasn’t exactly the way I wanted to make the statement, chaos reigning all around, but regardless I did what I had to do.

Did it feel great?

Damn right it did… maybe he won’t be so sanctimonious next time.

Funny, seeing everyone positioning themselves for what comes next whilst knowing that after what I did at the PPV, everyone is now looking over their shoulders, knowing that I’m the one to look out for

No need to worry people… this is only the beginning.

Next… I take the Flame from right underneath their noses.

4th May 2021 – Los Angeles

Owen pulls up outside his house, paying the Uber driver before taking his stuff from the trunk. Although Be Careful what you wish for couldn’t have gone any better, since waking up Monday morning, and especially on the flight over he had dreaded this moment. As the Uber drives away, Owen walks up to his front door and opens it, and almost immediately he feels it. The emptiness of the house, no Jen rushing to greet him, no Buck barking at his feet, He steps in the house and drops his stuff on the floor and puffs out his cheeks.

Owen: Welcome home Owen.

He reaches down and picks up his mail, skimming through it to see if anything is important before throwing it on the side. He then walks into the living area, looking around, there being no trace that Jen had ever been there. She had said she was going to fetch her stuff whilst he was away, and she had remained true to her promise. Literally nothing of hers could be seen, and no doubt her wardrobes now stood empty. He opens the fridge door, and takes out the first thing he sees, a bottle of Coors light, and takes off the cap, glancing at the clock but not caring that it was still early.

Owen: Well, it’s nearly lunchtime…

He drinks some of the beer and then wipes away the moisture from his lips, and let’s out a deep sigh.

Owen: Well, this sucks.

The doorbell rings, and usually having just arrived home, Owen would have reacted with annoyance. However, he was glad of the break in the already building tedium, and he makes his way quickly to the front door. He opens it, and his face drops as he see’s who the visitor is.

Owen: Shaun

Shaun: Hey Owen, can we talk?

Owen: Have you been watching the house or something?

Shaun: Nah, I can still track your phone

Owen: Yeah, remind me to fix that

Shaun: Look Owen, no trouble honestly I just want to talk. Can I come in?

Owen: Well, I guess it beats boredom so sure. 

Owen walks back into the house, Shaun following behind and into the kitchen. Owen picks up the beer, catching the reaction on Shaun’s face which makes him smile. 

Owen: Want one?

Shaun shrugs

Shaun: Yeah, why not?

Owen scowls, not expecting that reaction. He takes out a second bottle and opens it, passing it to Shaun who raises it.

Shaun: Cheers

Owen does the same but doesn’t speak and instead looks at Shaun suspiciously as he sits. Owen leans against the breakfast table still not sure what Shaun was doing here.

Owen: So, what you doing here? Come to give me another lecture? If you have, I wouldn’t bother, I’ve had more than enough of those of late.

Shaun: No, no lecture I promise.

Owen: Good. Then what?

Shaun: I just want to talk… no judgements.

Owen takes another sip of his beer, never taking his eyes off his Uncle.

Owen: OK, so talk

Shaun: Not going to lie to you Owen, what you did on Breakdown… it pissed me off. You embarrassed me in front of the eyes of the world, and not only that, but you also sided with the one person that stands for everything you despise.

Owen: Did

Shaun: Huh?

Owen: ‘Did’ despise

Shaun: Like I said, I didn’t like it, and I’m sure you’ve realized that there are plenty of others that didn’t like it either. 

Owen: You could say that.

Shaun: But I kinda understand it. And I should have seen it coming. I should have seen how frustrated you had become, and I get why you didn’t talk to me about it…

Owen: Let me stop you there Shaun. I don’t think you do understand. Dave came me the same bullshit speech, as if this is something that had been building for ages. That this ‘attitude’ change is simply down to the fact I’ve not reached the heights I stood upon a year or so back. He tried to make it all about me, when the fact is, how I was feeling about my career is only a small part. This ‘frustration’ I was feeling that you all think caused me to break, it was because of the likes of you, Dave, SCW… all wanting me to talk, act and be the person that you all wanted me to be. Maybe I’m not that person Shaun, maybe THIS is me. And let’s face it, there’s a lot more people paying attention to me now than there ever was. Can’t you admit it Shaun? You’ve all been exploiting me, and the one person who failed to get any benefit from it is me. Take you for instance Shaun, acting the fucking hero and stepping to the plate to face Giovanni? You said I wasn’t talking to you… well how many times did I ask you not to step into that ring huh?

Shaun lowers his head.

Owen: Yeah, exactly. I WAS talking to you Shaun. I was showing you how I was feeling about all of this. But you weren’t listening, you were too blinded by the self-same ego you all have. But I opened my eyes… and I saw the truth for what it is, that nobody gave a shit about me, and especially never believed in me. Blake, Dave, you… ah what does it matter, you all think I’m an asshole now anyways. So, I may as well be one right?

Shaun: I’m sorry you feel that way

Owen scoffs

Owen: You think I’m loving this? You think this is in some way enjoyable for me? Everyone I love turning away, Peyton not returning my calls, Jen leaving because she can’t handle the way I’m HAVING to be? Coming home to an empty house because I had a thought of my own. It sucks Shaun. I miss Peyton, I miss Jen, and yeah, I miss you too. But it’s the way it must be. You’ve all given me no choice but to see this through to the end. SCW needs me Shaun, ME, not some ex-wrestler with a hero complex. I’m going to right the ship, MY way.

Shaun bites his lip, not wanting to react. More than anything he wanted a relationship with his nephew, it was all he had ever known. He could feel Owen slipping away but didn’t know what to do about it. Before he has time to think, the words have left his mouth.

Shaun: Giovanni’s way you mean.

Even as the words come out, Shaun regrets them. But to his surprise, Owen doesn’t get angry, nor does he start to shout. Instead, he places the bottle on the breakfast bar, and smiles. 

Owen: See, there you go again, still you don’t understand that I could think for myself. You, just like the others think that all of this is Giovanni pulling my strings, and do you know why that is Shaun? Because it’s what you all have been doing since Dad died. This isn’t some alliance Shaun, and I haven’t subscribed to the Wonderland. But I do see that their message, isn’t far from the mark. SCW isn’t the company it once was, a company that stood by you even after you strangled Mom when she was pregnant. It’s corrupt, and that corruption starts at the very top, with the board and with Olek. One day, you and everyone else will realize that I was right all along, that Gio was right all along. And if you, and everyone else opened your eyes now, you would receive the clarity that I now have. And would save a whole world of heartache. Look around Shaun, everything I held dear is gone, all I have now is ME. Thankfully for SCW, I’m all I need. Now, if you’d excuse me… I think you need to leave.

Shaun: OK, I’ll go… but I’ll never turn my back on you. Whenever you see this for what it is, I’ll be there.

Owen laughs, looking over to a picture of Orlando.

Owen: You hear that Dad… Shaun sticking to his promise to take care of me. Like I need it. You know what Shaun, so many people have said I’m disrespecting Dad’s memory, but I call bullshit. I reckon Dad would be proud of me…

Shaun gets off the chair, obviously upset, Owen grabbing his shoulder and spinning him around.

Owen: You though Unc… not so much

Shaun takes a deep breath, and heads towards the door.

Shaun: Door always open for you Owen.

Owen: Yeah, well don’t let it hit you on the way-out Shaun.

Shaun leaves without looking back, Owen chugging on the beer and finishing off the bottle of Coors, before throwing the bottle in recycling. He looks around, and pulls out his mobile phone, pulling up the airport website.

Owen: I gotta get out of here.

7th May 2021 – London

Owen didn’t stay in Los Angeles long, he couldn’t. He needed to get away from somewhere where everyone knew him and could run the risk of running into anyone else who wanted to tell him how much he had ‘messed’ up his life. The one place he could think of running to was Newquay, to check on the house, and spend a few days there. However, before long he had found himself driving to London, having text an old friend that he’d not seen for a long time, Perrie. Perrie was the girl who he had met in Ibiza, but although she had shown an interest, Owen at the time was with Jaina. Off the back of that however the two of them had become friends, sharing the occasional text message to make sure the other was ok. They had agreed to go out for dinner, Owen booking into a hotel and then meeting her there, Owen glad that finally he would have company he didn’t feel was judging him. As he walks into the restaurant wearing a light blue suit, he soon see’s Perrie and makes his way over. As he reaches her she stands, Owen giving her a kiss on the cheek

Perrie: Well, don’t you look smart?

Owen: Gotta make the effort… I know how expensive this place is

Perrie: I know, I was surprised you suggested it

Owen: Don’t worry, it’s on me… I’m just glad to see you.

Owen holds out Perrie’s chair and she sits back down, Owen taking his as the waiter walks over.

Waiter: Sir, would you like a drink?

Owen: Yeah, can I get a bottle of Merlot please? Most expensive bottle you have. That Ok Perrie?

Perrie just nods, waiting to the waiter walks away

Perrie: You’re being a bit flash.

Owen: What can I say, I’m a man of means. 

He laughs.

Owen: No, you know the fashion label I started? 

Perrie nods

Owen: Well, I sold it… couldn’t be done with it anymore. Made quite a profit. 

Perrie: I see

Owen: Hey if you’ve got it right?

Perrie: I guess so…

As the waiter returns with the bottle, and allows Owen to test the wine, before pouring them both a glass, Perrie keeps her eyes firmly on Owen. There was something different about him, but she didn’t know what.

Waiter: Can I take your order? Or would you like a few minutes?

Owen: Yeah, give us a minute please bro.

Waiter: Of course.

The waiter walks away, Owen noticing that Perrie is looking at him funny.

Owen: What?

Perrie: I dunno, there’s something different about you. You seem more… confident.

Owen shrugs his shoulders.

Owen: Well, it has been a while since Ibiza.

Perrie: Yeah

Owen: Guess I’ve grown up a bit over the past few months. Started to see things as they really are. Anyway, how have you been? 

Perrie: Good, University going great, should finish my degree next year. You?

Owen: Like I said, sold the company, still wrestling… more time on my hands than I ever had.

Perrie: Oh?

Owen: Oh yeah, I never told you, did I? Jen and I split up.

Perrie: I’m so sorry.

Owen: Don’t be… think we just outgrew each other. It happens. Make’s you realize though how much time you spent with each other. 

Perrie: Is that why you are here in London?

Owen: Yeah, pretty much. Just needed to get away from LA to clear my head. Only happened a week or so ago so still raw. Wanted to try and figure out what to do next you know?

Perrie: I would have chosen a better place than London.

Owen: Maybe, but then I realized I’d not seen you in a while so this seemed like the perfect place.

Perrie: Well, I for one am glad you chose here instead of somewhere sunny like the Maldives. 

Owen: Yeah, me too.

Owen takes a sip of his wine, realizing just how beautiful Perrie was. He could hear Finch’s words echoing in his ears, that he should ‘get back on the bike’ and not let his breakup with Jen get to him.

Perrie: So, how is Peyton? You’ve not even mentioned her yet, you normally can’t shut up about how great your ‘big sister’ is.

Owen: Err, we had a falling out.

Perrie: Oh because she is Jennifer’s friend?

Owen: No, Not really… it’s a bit more complicated than that.

He knew Perrie didn’t watch wrestling so probably wouldn’t have the first clue what had happened. 

Perrie: If you don’t want to tell me it’s ok.

Owen: It’s nothing, not really. I did something that a lot of people didn’t agree with and before I knew it, everyone had deserted me. 

Perrie: Was that why you and Jen split up?

Owen nods his answer, Perrie reaching out and taking his hands in hers

Perrie: I’m sure you’ll figure it out, do you regret what you did?

Owen straight away shakes his head without any hesitation.

Owen: No, it had to be done. I knew the ramifications, but it was the only way.

Perrie: It’s a little cryptic.

Owen: It doesn’t matter, if they turned their backs on me so easily, then perhaps they weren’t very good friends anyway. It’s not like I murdered anyone, but the way they have reacted you would think that I have. 

Perrie wants to continue, her inquisitive mind taking over. But she doesn’t. 

Perrie: You still got me Owen.

She runs the back of his hand with her thumb before pulling away to pick up her glass.

Owen: Thanks, I appreciate it.

Perrie smiles at him warmly, and for the first time in a while, Owen felt like someone cared.

Owen: Perrie, I’m over here for a couple of days, why don’t you come to Newquay with me and stay at the house? 

Perrie: I’d love to Owen, but I can’t. I’ve got Uni stuff I need to finish

Owen: Come on, couple of days wouldn’t hurt. It would be fun.

Perrie realizes very quickly the kind of fun Owen is talking about

Perrie: Owen, I can’t.

Owen: Please, you’d be doing me a favor, I need a friend right now

Perrie: I know what your talking about Owen, and I can’t. 

Owen: Why?

She pauses.

Perrie: I have a boyfriend Owen.

Owen hesitates, he hadn’t been expecting that, nor had he even thought of it. Perrie was a beautiful girl, of course she wouldn’t be single for long, and he curses himself for not thinking it may be the case. Perrie see’s his reaction and tries to soften the blow.

Perrie: I’d still come, as a friend if I had time… but he wouldn’t like it Owen. What man would?

Owen: Still come.

Perrie: What?

Owen: I don’t care that you’ve got a boyfriend, still come with me

Perrie: What are you saying?

Owen: Just don’t tell him. I don’t mind being a little secret.

Perrie: You mean, cheat on him?

Owen: Yeah, look Perrie we both know you wanted me when I was with Jaina.

Perrie: Yeah, but that was ages ago.

Owen: And I’ve seen the way you’ve been looking at me, admiring the view. Well, I’ve been taking in the view as well, and I like. I like a lot. So let’s just stop playing games and do this. 

Perrie: NO!!

She raises her voices, causing half the restaurant to turn. Perrie leans closer to Owen.

Perrie: What is wrong with you? 

Owen: Me? Nothing.

Perrie: I knew there was something different about you the minute you walked in. You’ve changed alright, into an arrogant prick.

Owen: Excuse me?

Perrie: I don’t know what you did, I don’t know what your friends have done to you, but it’s changed you, and not for the better either. I’m NOT going to cheat on my boyfriend, and I’m NOT going to Newquay with you so please just drop it and let’s have something to eat. Before you embarrass us even further.

Owen’s eyes narrow, his whole demeanor changing.

Owen: Me, embarrass you? I bring you to a place like this, and this is the way you treat me?

Owen stands and reaches in his suit pocket and pulls out his wallet, before throwing several twenty-pound notes on the table.

Owen: Thanks for dinner. Have a good evening Perrie.

Perrie: Owen… wait.

Owen walks off in a huff, leaving Perrie sat alone in shock, and not noticing the waiter having come over.

Waiter: Madam care to order now?

10th May 2021 – Los Angeles

Having spent a few days in Newquay, Owen felt a lot better about coming back to Los Angeles. Perrie had text him countless times, none of which Owen had replied to. In his mind no because his ego was bruised, and instead because she was just like everyone else, and had shown herself not deserving of his time. His opinion was that it was her loss… another friendship out the window. Thankfully, Finch wasn’t one such friendship, and he had been the one true friend to keep Owen’s spirits up. And when Finch had suggested they go out for some beers, Owen hadn’t given it a second though and was happy to get out the house. Now, sat on the terrace of a bar looking out over Hollywood Hills, Owen felt at peace, and almost happy.

Owen: Could get used to this fella.

Finch: Like I told you bro, no point moping over spilt booty

Owen: Spilt booty? What the hell does that even mean?

Finch: Just take it from The Finch, you got happy days in front of you, no limits. Go where the hell you want, whenever the hell you want. Shit, we could go back to Ibiza right now if we wanted… and if you were paying.

Owen laughs.

Finch: See that’s what I mean bro. That smile is worth a million dollars to me. That’s the smile of a dude who finally knows who the hell he is. Anyone who thinks you’re an asshole now, fuck ‘em. You don’t need them.

Owen goes back to looking over the hills, lights just starting to come on as dusk settles. 

Owen: I know mate, I just wish Jen could have trusted me.

Finch: Don’t worry, we’ll just find someone else for you who does.

The pair of them click their bottles together.

Finch: I’m just gonna take a leak Owen, you good?

Owen: Yeah man, I’m good. I’ll get some more beers in.

Finch: Good man

Finch squeezes Owen’s shoulder before heading towards the toilets, Owen sat alone but not for long.

“Hey Owen.”

Owen turns to face none other than Maisie, Shaun’s former girlfriend.

Maisie: I thought it was you. Thought I’d come over and say hi. So…hi

Owen: Fair enough… did you catch up with Shaun?

Maisie: I did, and he agreed to my proposal.

Owen: Yeah?

Maisie: Shaun is going to get me a part in his new movie. I’ve finally got my life back together and I’m going to go back to being an actress. 

Owen: You were an actress before?

Maisie nods

Owen: That explains a lot.

Maisie: What do you mean?

Owen: Oh, nothing… I hope it works out for you anyways. It’s a tough business I hear.

Maisie: Yeah, well I got more news too. 

Owen puffs out his cheeks, becoming bored with the conversation but still trying to remain polite.

Maisie: Shaun is going to pay the bond on an apartment in LA so I can try and get to some castings. 

Owen: He is?

Maisie: Yes, so you are going to be seeing a lot more of me in the future.

Owen: Great…

Owen hears the sarcasm in his own voice, but apparently Maisie doesn’t.

Maisie: So, you going to buy me a drink then?

Owen sighs, holding up a finger towards a barman as he passes, Maisie ordering a rum and coke, and thanking Owen.

Owen: Can I ask you something?

Maisie: Sure

Owen: What hold do you have over Shaun?

Maisie: What do you mean?

Owen: I mean, after all that you put him through, let’s face it, you stabbed Pixie and she almost lost their kid. Why does he still help you after all that?

Maisie: Because I was ill, and he’s my friend. And he understands me.

Owen: Yeah?

Maisie: Yes

Owen: Well, I’ve got another theory that isn’t all rainbows and unicorns. I reckon he feels sorry for you, and see’s you as just another project for him to play hero. I mean, what kind of man would do that, knowing that his wife is going to be fuming.

Maisie: A good man, who wouldn’t turn his back on anyone.

Due to bad timing Owen nearly spits out his drink at that comment.

Owen: Yeah, he’s a regular Saint is our Shaun. Wouldn’t surprise me if he puts himself forwards for the Presidency in 2024.

Maisie: Are you angry with him or something? It seems like it.

Owen: To be angry would mean I have to care Maisie, and honestly, I couldn’t care less.

Finch: What’s this Cruze, I leave you for five minutes and you’re already chatting to the Ladies. Oh, hey… Maisie isn’t it?

Maisie: Yeah, that’s right

Finch: I’m Finch

He holds his hand out and the two shake.

Finch: Owen’s told me a lot about you, seems your quite feisty.

Maisie: It’s been said.

Finch: I like a bit of fire

Maisie: Do you now… do you know how old I am Finch?

Finch: Do I look like I care?

Owen watches stunned by how brazen Finch was being. Maisie was fifteen years older than them both, and what Owen had told him should have been enough to warn him away, but Finch had proven many times he had a poor choice in women and looked like he was going to prove it again right here.

Maisie: You’re sweet, but I’m afraid I’m going to have to pass. I’m flattered though.

Finch: Well, if ever you change your mind, Owen’s got my number

Maisie: I’ll remember that.

Finch: Alright… Owen, I met some girls over by the bar, you coming?

Owen immediately gets to his feet, glad for the chance to get away. Finch has already started making his way, Maisie grabbing Owen’s hand, making him turn.

Maisie: Hopefully see you soon?

Owen: Maybe

She offers her cheek, Owen unsure… and when he moves in, she turns her head so that they kiss on the lips, Owen immediately backing off.

Owen: What the fuck Maisie!!!

Maisie licks her lips and smiles, picking up her purse.

Maisie: Hmmm, you taste good. Be seeing you sweetie.

Owen watches wide-eyed as Maisie walks away, a huge grin on her face. 

“Dude, are you coming or what?”

Owen breaks from his trance, Finch apparently not having seen a thing.

Owen: Yeah, sorry bro…

Owen follows Finch over to the girls, and although he introduces them to Owen, Owen really isn’t listening, still taken back by what had just happened. Did she like him, like really like him or was she just being friendly, Owen didn’t have a clue. Nor did he want to find out any time soon.

Diary Entry - 10th May 2021

Spoke to Finch about what happened, and he reckons I’ve caught myself a MILF.

Honestly, I don’t not what to think, what I do know is that Maisie has a reputation as someone that plays games.

And if that’s the case, what game is she playing with me?

I dread to think.

12th May 2021 – Hartford

Owen Cruze stands in front of an impressive looking building, Finch having joined him on the trip this time, holding the camera. He wears a ‘My life, my rules’ tee shirt his newest line of SCW merchandise, a pair of black torn jeans and Nike trainers, a pair of ray bans covering his eyes. With a confident smirk, he starts to speak.

“Behind me is the Connecticut Science Center, built on the Connecticut Riverfront, right here in Hartford. This place is amazing, seriously. If you can get here to look, do so because it’s impressive. The exhibits on show give you the low down on past discoveries and accomplishments, whilst also giving us an insight into what the future may look like. You know what I mean right? Like the insight I gave SCW at Be careful what you wish for. Come on, by a show of hands, let’s see how many of you truly believed I was going to make good on my promise a week last Sunday. How many of you really thought that I would take a legend such as David Helms and use him as my example of how things are going to be from here on in? How many of you, the SCW Universe thought that Owen Cruze could beat David Helms, and do it not by nefarious means, but by imposing a little ‘clarity’ on Dave, who instead of giving me the 100% attention I deserved, had to go off and play hero once again. One, two, three… the count heard around the world. The count that sets my course in motion. The heroes of the tale had no answer, and why? Because they are held back by the boundaries of expectation that this company places on them. As I’ve said a million times, and yet I still must reiterate again for the hard of hearing such as old men like David Helms. This isn’t about Lizard Kings and Rabbit Holes; this is about what is morally right. This is about ripping up the immoral behavior of the kingpins of SCW and taking apart the hypocrisy shown every week by 90% of this roster. I watched the show back, and caught one of the commentary team, Sharper I believe, saying I was taunting the young fans, and that they used to look up to me, and you know something? If they want to be someone and not ignored, they still should, they should hold me in even higher esteem. And anyways, that kid had his cap rammed into the throat of David Helms… shit, that cap might be worth something. Stick it on eBay and buy yourself a PS5 if you can find one kid, you’re welcome. I’ll even sign it first if you want. This is what I mean, everyone seems to be looking at the negatives, when the positives far outweigh everything else. Oh, and one last thing Dave, I heard you… saying I needed to be held accountable for my actions. I reckon I’ve suffered more than enough, losing people I believed were my friends. However, I’m still waiting bro, let me know when your gonna make good on those promises. Maybe now you realize that this isn’t a ‘phase’. Instead, this is yet again a Cruze doing what needs to be done, because no one else has the balls to do so. You should thank me Dave, because unlike you, I’m taking one here for the team. SCW will become a better place because of me, I promise you that bro. You are just the beginning of a much bigger picture.”

Owen walks away from the building, and towards the riverfront, Finch following and filming from the side.

“And I’ve no doubt there are the misinformed amongst you that believe that by targeting Dave, I have committed the ultimate act of disrespect towards him. But that’s such a short-sighted conclusion to come to. I didn’t ‘target’ anyone here, as much as you all might believe it. I was forced into a match with Dave on Breakdown that I didn’t want, a match that was only put together because of the angst SCW thought it would cause. Once the match was made however, it gave me an opportunity. It gave me the chance to make a statement, against one of the biggest names in the business. I ask you all again, did I cheat my way to a victory, or did I just outlast David Helms? Did I do anything that David Helms hasn’t done, and DID do in our match? Nope. I could have. Oh man I could have. After everything that has happened to me of late, I could have taken retribution, but I didn’t. No slaps across the face, no sanctimonious lectures. Just the ’dub’ nothing more. That was all I needed to prove my point. Now it is proven I move on. And Dave, you can bitch about it all you like, if you hadn’t figured it out, I’m done listening to you now. ‘BANG’ on all you like.”

Owen lifts his hands and forms a gun shape with his hands before shaking his head and laughing. 

“Hey Jessica, looks like we have a date Thursday night, and again after what happened at the PPV, it’s another shocker from the SCW booking team. Honestly, are these people paid to be predictable or what?”

He hesitates, waiting for the question to be imaginarily answer, before then continuing.

“Now, I don’t know how long you’d been in that forest before you addressed me, but it seemed to me that you had during that time lost your mind. How many times??? Vengeance has a problem with Giovanni and the Wonderland. NOT ME!!! I am NOT the Wonderland. B… B… But… you landed a 630 splash on her; she deserves the chance to make that right says SCW, as they strive to make more dollar off the back of the new bad guy on the block. She deserves to put you in your place they claim. Why? Again, what did I do so wrong other than taking down someone who was interfering in MY moment? Someone who didn’t even belong at ringside. Just the same as Jason Helms shouldn’t have been anywhere near the ring because that was always going to entice Giovanni out there. So, Jess, how does it feel to become yet another of SCW’s slaves, sent to do their bidding because Owen Cruze is no longer playing nice? Mind you, at least it means you’re getting some attention, right? Because let’s face it, the only reason people are interested in Vengeance is Kim and her ‘stabby’ tendencies. Yep, the girl threatening to kill people week in week out, one of the ‘faves’ around here. Go figure. But you Jessica, the spotlight very rarely falls on you does it? Which let’s face it, must suck, considering who your Mother is. Now first, let me set the record straight. This isn’t me about to use who your Mother is against you. After all, this is the legendary Angelica Jones we are talking about here, and I’ve seen, and heard the stories of the things she achieved in the many companies that she represented. My Dad held her in such high regard, and if anyone knows the pressures of trying to live up to that kind of standards, you’re looking at him. The fact is, when the bar is set that high, it seems like an ongoing struggle. And Jess, I’m telling you right here and now… you ain’t going to get there by putting your nose in my business. If, of course, that IS your intention. Because I know I might be being a little presumptuous. You may have already forgotten the fact I squashed you at the PPV, and you may be unlike everyone else and realize that what Giovanni gets up to has fuck all to do with me, we just have similar goals and visions. I came to the ring May the 2nd with one intention, to beat David Helms, the extra-curricular stuff, I couldn’t care less about. So, although it might give SCW a reason to put us together, me, I’d forgotten you were even there. I guess what I am saying, is don’t make this into something it really isn’t. If you do, you become a problem like everyone else.”

Owen shrugs

“And another thing, please, PLEASE don’t come at me pretending you understand, and then display all the hypocrisy that blights this company right now. You know what I mean don’t you? You had to know that what you were saying was hypocrisy on a hideous level? No, well let me explain it to you. Don’t come at me saying you understand, and that you would never preach having been in the same situation as I am now, and then go ahead and… preach. You stand there, in amongst the trees like some fucking hippy tell me it represents the unknown, and you have the gall to say that you ‘get what I am going through’ that you understand my ‘angst and frustration’. And on several occasions say that you ain’t going to judge. Seriously? Please, fashion yourself a rope and hang yourself from one of those trees and do the world a massive favor., because you love, are just as bad as Shaun, Dave, and the multitude of others. You don’t understand me at all… you don’t have the first clue. You’ve shown it with every single word that you said. Let me make it clear Jessica, this isn’t a pit I’m sinking into, or me taking one step closer to the abyss. This is me, controlling my destiny and who I want to be. And you know something, all those ‘friends’ that have turned their back on me… fuck ‘em. If it takes a shot to the balls for them to turn on me… by the way, even the victim of that shot didn’t throw me under the buss… go figure. 

But if they turn on me for that, and for simply having a different opinion were they ever really friends? I don’t think so. I’m happier now than I have ever been Jessica, the pressures I felt have been lifted from my shoulders. I’m alive Jess. And just because you fucked it up, and lost the courage in your convictions, don’t believe for one second that I am going to end up the same. Do you even know what an Archangel is? It’s an Angel of greater power, and of higher rank. Jess forget about your family ties hun, they mean nothing… just look at your tag team Vengeance, you’re not even the higher rank there, and only play a bit part to Kim. And the worst part, if you’d actually continued to believe in yourself and not let your ‘friends’ pull you back from ‘Hell on Earth’ that probably wouldn’t have been the case. Tell me, when you were going through those ‘dark times’ were those not the moment your gleaned more success? Precisely. Like you said, you are the Daughter of Angelica Jones, your abilities in the ring unquestionable, your tag team although limited, have had a certain amount of success. I ain’t coming into this match believing it’s a given, far from it in fact, because unlike the masses around here, I am not stupid. But ability isn’t the only way to win a match. Knowing your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses is another. My point? There is no reflection Jess, you don’t see me in you at all, all you see is what you want to, so that you can deliver your rambling rhetoric. You firmly believe I’m confused, I’m weak, and I’m frustrated. You’ve got it in your head that I’m angry, I’m broken… in pain and suffering.”

Owen chuckles to himself, whilst shaking his head.

“Jess, you THINK you know me, but you don’t… and therein lies the difference, because I know EXACTLY who you are, and how to take you down. Rather than be surprised by what you had to say, I expected it. The same do-gooder nonsense I heard from Big Match Dave. You think I can be saved. No, that’s wrong, you think I NEED saving… but the fact is I was saved the moment I opened my eyes and saw this company for the state it is. You don’t have to look far if your eyes are opened Jess, look at Kim for instance, one of the company heroes, one of the favorites, and yet she threatens people with a staple gun. Can you not see how fucked up that clearly is? Where is the justice being meted out there, or is that OK in your eyes Jess? Where is the morality this company was once famed for? I’ll tell you, it’s been sucked out by the Drachawych family, and those that blindedly support them. And that is the ‘Hell’ you speak of, that is the image that Fatima would show me, because THAT is the future of this company, MY company if it cannot be changed. I AM that chance Jessica, and one day you’ll realize that way back when you were right, and your friends abused your trust for probably their own benefits. Tell you what hun, I’ll do you a favor this week on Breakdown. I’ll give you the ‘Clarity’ that you need. The same ‘Clarity’ than befell David Helms. Because there is on problem with your little plan… thanks for giving me the insight on your move set that I already have memorized… I do my homework hun, so should you. You can try make me tap out to your pithy named finisher, but first you gotta catch me Jessica. And what you don’t seem to realize is that I am the quickest wrestler on this entire roster, and that’s because you are so wrapped up on my newfound ‘attitude’. You don’t have the first clue what’s coming Jessica, and if you really believe that a wrestling move is going to bring me back to reality, or that tapping out will humble me, then you weren’t watching on Breakdown a few weeks back. That night David Helms ‘beat’ me and won the battle, but who won the war Jessica? I did. And If I DO lose this week however unlikely, the focus remains the same… and you get my focus, now don’t you? Win or lose, I GUARANTEE that a statement will be made, and that a certain archangel will have her wings clipped one way or another. Clear now? Good.”

Owen winks and now turns his back on the river, the camera now directly in front of him.

“And that Jess should have been it, I should have been able to walk away having dealt with your sanctimonious bullshit, but you weren’t going to allow that were you? Even though you are on the ‘list’, D’s go to team, one of the ‘good’ guys, you still had to make your little threat, didn’t you? And reveal Kim and her little cosplay Kruger glove, and threatening me with being ‘maimed’ by your sister. Thing is Jess, here’s where you clearly don’t understand the situation you find yourself in. If you don’t get who Giovanni Aries and the Wonderland is by now, I honestly can’t help you. I won’t be asking for him to hit the ring, I don’t need him to deal with you… I’ve already explained that I won’t go over it again. But if he decides that’s what he chooses to do, I certainly ain’t able to stop him. AGAIN, I am not the part of their group, I’m not some ‘Prince’ of the ‘Wonderland Kool-Aid’… that is not my fight. Right now, YOU ARE. And it would be best if you focus on that and not some imagined alliance. I’ve every intention of helping you achieve what I have Jessica, but I cannot predict what they will do. What I CAN predict is that if Kim puts her hands on me, I got plenty of ‘Clarity’ to spare, enough to go around everyone in fact. So, you know where you can stick that glove… right? And that’s gonna sting.”

Owen pauses, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, and one last thing… one more thing you can do for me Jessica."

He clears his throat, a smirk forming on his face.

“Idź pieprzyć się suka”

Owen laughs, as he walks off camera. That laughter, and then Owen and Finch talking is still heard as the scene fades.