Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Slayter McKinney vs. Konrad Raab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Slayter McKinney vs. Konrad Raab

2 RP Limit for each singles matches; 2 RP limit for tag matches
Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, September 18, 2018
The Following is an excerpt from WrestlePress

published September 17, 2016
Brianna Fennet

The proving grounds of Supreme Championship Wrestling are rarely for the faint of heart. Many a supposedly accomplished wrestler, the equivalent of a brave adventurer, has wandered into the House that D. built, the equivalent of a modern day lion’s den, expecting to garner acclaim, treasure, and a name on the hearts of the masses, only to instead find themselves leaving with their tail tucked soundly between their knees after one too many nasty apron bumps.

The proverbial Xanadu of wrestling federations, the elite have come to play here. Chad Evans, Katie Steward, Xander Valentine, and more still in the midst of writing their legacy onto the hallowed halls of wrestling’s greatest kingdom have all called SCW home. The list is long enough to make you cringe if you have to face them, and pity those who have to climb the same ladder they did against some of the stiffest competition the industry has ever seen under one roof.

The wrestling industry has trounced out its fair share of pretenders, shown the door to many a talented competitor, and crushed the hopes and dreams of a countless few who found themselves on the darker receiving ends the business has to offer. Which is why a case like Slayter McKinney might draw a few eyeballs.

Two matches into her SCW career in which she’s admittedly looked fresh, exuberant and exciting, you’d be forgiven if you thought she’d signed her first contract, fresh out of developmental territory and was sitting on the cusp of being just all right, to possibly becoming a roster member with potential for greater things. A dig deeper discovers a woman who found her way out of the business eight years ago and found herself forgotten until choosing to rejoin the fray a few months ago, plunging headlong into the deep end, and has so far learned to swim.

I caught up with Slayter shortly after a match against Kordelia Amida, a match she won, and the announcement that she’d be facing Konrad Raab at the next Breakdown, to ask her just how she managed to find herself walking back into an industry that had shown her the door years prior, and how she intends on keeping the door open this time.

WP
Hello!

Slayter McKinney
Hey there!

WP
Congratulations on the win!

SM
Thank you, thank you! They don’t come much tougher than Kordy!

WP
One could argue that they do, and you’re in a direct line to face each of them if you keep up this momentum.

SM
I know! SCW is the deep end. The big bad monster of a roster they warn you about in training drills.

WP
Speaking of, you signed with SCW a few months ago, how’s the big time treating you?

SM
It’s been an absolute blast. I am so unbelievably grateful for this opportunity. It’s still something I’m coming to grips with little by little every day. I’ve gotten to see the spectacle of Rise to Greatness, the pressure cooker of Apocalypse, and the grind of weekly Breakdowns. I’ve met some of the greats I was watching on television months ago wishing I could be them. There’s nobody in the business putting on the shows this company is putting on, and I’m grateful to be even a sliver of a part of it!

WP
It must be bittersweet, having gone from being on the crest of making it to this big show years ago, and then now getting that opportunity once again?

SM
A little. But I’m getting the opportunity now, so I didn’t really miss it, just delayed it a little. I’m making the most of this. Pouring my sweat into something I live for, and would die for. So, I wouldn’t say it’s exactly bittersweet. Absence made the heart grow fonder in this case.

WP
You were away from the sport for so long. What kept you away.

SM
Oh. Oh you know. It’s just… I think John Lennon said that life is that thing that gets in the way of you making other plans. I got sidelined, and found my way back. That’s what matters now. I know what it means to watch rather than do the thing I love and live for. It felt painful to see a sport I’m so passionate about passing me by, but I’m here now. I’m set, and ready to take this business along for my ride.

WP
Konrad Raab isn’t going to be an easy challenge by any means. Do you feel prepared to face the challenge he represents?

SM
Him and twenty other challenges at a time, if I could. I’m training every day. Improving every millisecond that I can. I have been working my butt off to be twice the competitor I was when I left, so maybe Konrad Raab should be wondering if he’s prepared to face me!

WP
Do you have dream matches? Career aspirations?

SM
All of the above! I come from a place where there were no matches for years. That was like a drought for me\. So I’m making hay while the sun shines, now that it’s raining in my field, you know? Of course I want to lift a title above my head. Obviously any chance I get to lock up with anyone on this roster is going to be something special, and an opportunity to improve my skill set. For now, though, I’m just taking it one match at a time. I know what it means to lose something you love, and how quickly that can happen. I could slip and fall on the way to the ring and it all ends there, you know? Not to be melodramatic, but it’s just that simple. This business moves from one big thing to the next quick as lightning, I just want to be caught up in each and every strike of lightning.

WP
Eloquently put.

SM
I’m a worker. I’ve told the company that house shows, promotional tours, whatever they need I’m there. I’m hungry, and I’m chomping at this bit to see where it takes me.

WP
Do you ever compare yourself now to the woman you were when you first started?

SM
All the time! Obviously I have to train harder to keep the body me from eight years ago had with half the work. Haha! But I’m smarter than she was. I know how to be patient now, in the ring. Before I was like a spitfire, and I likely took a few too many bad bumps because I wasn’t willing to pick my spots more strategically. But I’ve learned you can burn up too fast if you don’t take your time. It’s a metaphor for life, and each and every single match I wrestle. I know how to calculate a little better, I’m not as foolhardy as I was. So, in that regard, yeah, Slayter McKinney of ten years ago couldn’t hold a candle to me now. She’d get exhausted before I hit her with even one of my signatures.

WP
You’re a testament to hard work, Slayter. I think I speak for all the fans of SCW when I say I’m looking forward to many more matches to come!

SM
We live in hope!

WP
Good luck against Raab!

SM
Thanks!
[Image: fist.png]
Oh my gosh, Shannon I’m so sorry!” Sleater McKinney rushed up to meet her where they’d agreed to meet, a park bench where Shannon and Dylan had been sitting for hours past their originally scheduled meeting. Dylan looked bored and half-asleep, and Shannon looked positively smouldering. Sleater, oddly enough, looked all done up and fashionable. Shannon noticed but bit her tongue hard enough to draw blood.

It’s okay.” Shannon responded. It wasn’t okay, but in front of Dylan Shannon had no desire to quarrel with Sleater.

It was just-- they wanted a photo shoot along with the webzine article they were running about me. I guess I got so caught up I lost track of time, but I’m really excited about how it turned out.

I’m happy for you,” Shannon stated icily. And she was happy for Sleater. Shannon had been there through the longsuffering years, watching her friend struggle to keep the bills paid and provide for her growing son. She’d done all she could to help, but watched the inner strength of her friend flourish under the weight of a world that seemed to want to stick her in a corner and keep her there. Shannon of all people could attest to the leaps and bounds Sleater had made since then. All of what Sleater now had had been earned and then some. This dream of hers, Shannon reasoned, would be a crime to hold her back from.

Still, there was a chafing going on that didn’t sit well with her; a festering growth of resentment threatening the peace. Dylan had asked repeatedly why his mother didn’t seem to want to spend time with him since they’d been waiting. Shannon had, thus far, chosen to keep these moments of Dylan’s uncertainty from Sleater. But how long could that last with her temper resentment gradually building?

Oh, Shannon thank you so much for watching, Dylan,” Sleater continued as if just remembering Shannon’s efforts, looking antsy and eager. “It’s happening. It’s really happening. I’m getting some attention. Things are building, I can feel it.

Shannon hadn’t risen from her seat to greet her friend after yet another moment of her best friend’s attention focused on that which, it seemed at least, to be her sole interest or goal. Shannon patted Dylan’s shoulder.

Your son ran a personal best at the hotel track today.” Shannon smiled, Dylan looking up at his mother with the unfettered appreciation of a son who approved of his mother without failing.

Really?” Sleater looked to him, “that’s great!

Dylan looked proud. She admired him a second, till she recognized his father in his facial features and glanced away. Quickly, she cut through the awkward sensation that glimpse into regret had given her, “But you should see what I did,” Sleater smirked, ready to brag. Dylan’s expression softened into mild disappointment. Sleater didn’t notice, but Shannon did.

I’ve got a huge match coming up, so, I’ve been working at beating my personal best doing laps in the pool. Can you watch Dylan for another couple of--” Dylan drowned it out as he glanced back down into Shannon’s cell phone and kept playing Minecraft. Sleater didn’t seem to notice. Her career was on the up.
[Image: fist.png]
Back into the darkened locker room, hammer-lit on a determined Slayter McKinney rolling her neck and pacing anxiously.

It has been 12 days, 3 hours and 36 minutes since my last match, not that I’ve been counting,” Slayter winked coyly into the camera frame. "It feels like an eternity since I entered the ring and did exactly what I needed to do against Kordelia to secure a victory. Was it easy? Hell no.

And now, I’m counting the seconds till I square off once more on Breakdown. This time against Konrad Raab. A man who’s seen the inside of more wrestling rings than I’ve thrown punches. Konrad...--“

Slayter lowered her vision to the tiled floor a moment thinking carefully about all she knew of the man.

--You’re a consummate performer,” she began, “you’ve taken beatings, and dished out beatings. You’ve climbed ladders, and fallen hard., You’ve bled. You’ve sweat. And you’ve drank from the cup of success. You’re better than half the competitors currently lacing up their boots in this business, and it will be my absolute honour to face you in the ring at Breakdown.

I respect you, Konrad. Facing you won’t change that. There’s so many who would drop it at the ropes, enter the ring and prepare to fight a war, because the traditional thinking states you can’t respect someone you’re about to beat from pillar to post.

But there’s no room for traditional thinking where I’m concerned. I’m older than half the people on this roster, and practically ancient when compared to the top tier of talent in this federation. But I’m here, and I’m going to excel past whatever limitations traditional thinking would place on me.

I will shake your hand before and after our match, Konrad, win or lose, bloodied or having not even broken a sweat. It doesn’t matter. Where I’m concerned, you and I will fight an unequivocal war for supremacy at Breakdown, but I will never lose the respect you have already earned just for doing all you’ve already done for this business. At Breakdown, I’m taking part in that history of yours.

This match is special.

They’re all special.

I don’t believe in the bible, and I’m not one to preach, but I do know enough to know that Moses entered into the presence of the burning bush and took his shoes off because he thought he’d entered hallowed ground. The truth was, the voice in the bush told him, everywhere he’d walked was holy, not just one spot, there, in the presence of a God.

Whether it’s for the championship, or for a notch in the win column Konrad, this match is sacred. They’ve all been sacred. This sport is my religion, Konrad, that ring is my church, and SCW my temple. And you… you’re a more than worthy opponent to face as I go once more to do battle for a legacy I’ve set out to build for myself.

In this industry, I will be a part of all that I face. Each match, each competitor whether I defeat them or fall to them will serve to make me better than I was before. That will never change.

Tonight, or at Fatal Fortunes, these aren’t just steps one takes to cement themselves atop a mountain. Each match is a journey unto itself, and I will revel in each test, and each struggle. I faced Kordelia Amida and won, and I will never forget what that match, and that opponent taught me. You Konrad?

You’re going to teach me even more.

And I will cherish every second of this opportunity.

She winks to the camera, and we fade.
[Image: 0nkylO2.png]

Seeing his family on a special day. Anaheim, California. Sunday 17th June. (Off Camera)

The agreement had been made as instead of Fizz coming to Florida to visit Konrad, seeing she's unable to with her being pregnant, Neil arranged for Jasper to go with Konrad to his home in California to visit his kids and his wife for the day. Of course, the rule was that Jasper was never to leave Konrad unattended at any time in case he takes off, so the sex was entirely off the cards; however, that wasn't important to Konrad, it was his kids.

Konrad had to get up at four in the morning to get himself ready to head off home. Of course, while he came home late at night, he saw the new person in his room, but they were fast asleep which meant Konrad couldn't say hi to the guy. Konrad only took his essentials like his phone, money, passport and his house and car keys. Everything else, he left behind seeing he was coming back tonight as Jasper waits for Konrad to go out of the room and they head off to the airport via Jasper's car.

They went straight to check in before going to security and then waited for a forty-five minutes before going to their gate. Once at the gate, they waited a little longer before they go through the gate and then take their seats on the plane before the plane takes off to Los Angeles. Five hours later, they arrived as Jasper who's been talking to Konrad on the way says this while waiting for the passport checks control.

Jasper Hall: “I see why Fizz couldn't make it here. Such a long journey.”

Konrad Raab: “There wasn't even a way for Fizz to drive because it takes longer to get here.”

Jasper Hall: “No kidding. I can't wait to see your family.”

Konrad Raab: “I miss them so much, and even if it's until six thirty tonight, I'm treasuring every single bit of time with them.”

Konrad's aim was to get to his home as luckily; he did have his car parked at the airport in the long stay parking area as he takes the bus to the car park as they get in Konrad's Honda car to drive him and Jasper home. Once they got there, Jasper couldn't stop looking at the house as he says this.

Jasper Hall: “Wow, that house is massive.”

Konrad Raab: “Seen nothing like this before?”

Jasper Hall: “No. I already love the look of your house.”

Konrad Raab: “You haven't seen the inside yet.”

Once Konrad parked up, the front door opens, and Mattheus and Roderick came out and saw their dad out of the car as Konrad picks Roderick up and spins him around to kiss him on his cheek and Mattheus gives his dad a hug and kisses him. Konrad was in tears, never been so happier to see them as Mattheus asks a question one he saw Jasper out of the car.

Mattheus Raab: “Who is that man behind you?”

Konrad Raab: “That's the guy who allowed me to come home, Jasper.”

Mattheus turns towards Jasper who stands there with his motocross gear on and says hi to him as Jasper does back and Mattheus says this.

Mattheus Raab: “I'm gonna be an AMA Supercross and Motocross champion.”

Jasper: “I can see you're a big fan of the sport.”

Konrad Raab: “Mattheus meant it. He does ride competitively in a motocross championship in his age group and in Supercross too.”

Jasper: “That's fantastic, let's go in and see the rest of your family.”

Konrad nodded as they walk into his house after Mattheus and Roderick came in and Konrad closes the door behind him as Jasper sees a very heavily pregnant woman as Konrad gave his wife a soft, gentle hug before kissing her and he says this.

Konrad Raab: “How are our future sons doing?”

Fizz Raab: “Giving me a lot of pain in my back. Happy fathers day.”

Konrad Raab: “Thank you. So what have you got for me?”

Roderick and Mattheus come running towards their dad with their cards along with the younger siblings who also each gave Konrad his cards as Jasper stands in the background, watching Konrad having a great time with each of his children, even the ones who could talk now as he takes a while to open presents as Jasper says this.

Jasper: “You're a real lucky guy.”

Konrad Raab: “You can say that yes.”

It was pretty hard for Fizz and his kids to get Konrad presents these days as Konrad had everything he could ask for, but there were things from time to time he couldn't get enough of like clothes, razors and aftershave which is what he's mainly got and he says this to the whole family.

Konrad Raab: “Thank you for the lovely gifts, everyone.”

Roderick Raab: “I thought you weren't coming home until next Friday?”

Konrad Raab: “I wasn't, but Jasper very kindly allowed me to come home to see you all because it's daddy's special day.”

Mattheus Raab: “Even mummy didn't tell us you were coming.”

Konrad Raab: “That's what surprises are about, to be surprised of things you aren't going to expect.”

Jasper could see how much Konrad loved his kids as his triplets weren't sure if they were going to talk to their dad, seeing they only started to speak last week without Konrad being around and he kisses and hugs each one of them. Konrad had an idea where he plans to take the kids out for the day, and he says this.

Konrad Raab: “While mummy has a rest from taking care of you all, what about we go to Disneyland for a few hours?”

Roderick Raab: “Yes, that would be great.”

Mattheus Raab: “YAY, we go on the rides.”

Roderick Raab: “What about mummy?”

Konrad Raab: “Mummy will come out for a meal with us later. Let's go and have some kids and daddy time you all deserve.”

It was clear Konrad really wanted to spend most of the day with his kids, little did anybody know, even the kids themselves Konrad wanted to take them to Disneyland which wasn't too far from where they were living, just twenty minutes away just to go on the rides with the kids to have some fun which apparently is what he needed to do after hard days of social media training. Jasper had to come, so he tagged along and got in a very large car to fit all of his kids in on top of Jasper having to take care of the little ones while he goes on the rides. They leave to go to Disneyland.

Once at Disneyland, Konrad had to go to get tickets for each of his family which he pays by card before they enter the park with kids running around, although Konrad says this.

Konrad Raab: “Mustn't run too far ahead.”

Mattheus Raab: “We want to go on the rides.”

Konrad Raab: “We will, but just don't go too far ahead of us.”

The kids followed Konrad's instructions as Jasper was even talking to Roderick who was very talkative as well, even if he's only seeing Jasper one time, he was confident to speak to him, especially about his ice hockey career and the special time with his dad as he says this.

Roderick Raab: “While being an ice hockey player, I do Karate with daddy.”

Jasper: “That's very nice, isn't it?”

Roderick Raab: “Yes. Daddy loves doing karate with me, and he is very good at it.”

Konrad Raab: “He's not wrong. He's in the Ducks academy at the moment, trying to be a professional Ice Hockey player, along with getting a yellow belt in Karate.”

Roderick Raab: “I have got a yellow belt now daddy. I got it yesterday.”

It made Konrad proud as it was good to learn that Roderick was taken to his karate lessons by Fizz, although likely gone with a friend's parent who lives five minutes away from them. If Konrad hadn't been on the course, he would've got the yellow belt too. While Mattheus quickly got over him being shy, he says this.

Mattheus Raab: “Daddy takes me to my motocross races.”

Jasper: “I'm sure he supports you to win races.”

Mattheus Raab: “Daddy is my biggest supporter.”

Konrad Raab: “Thank you, that is very kind of you. What about we go on this toy story ride together?”

Mattheus Raab: “Yes, I wanna go on this ride.”

Roderick Raab: “Me too.”

Konrad Raab: “Let's go.”

As he was about to go on the ride, one of the triplets wanted to join in as he says this.

Ambros Raab: “I want to go on the ride too.”

Konrad was a little torn up to hear his son talk for the first time as he takes ever word in as something he got to experience for the first time as it took him a while to answer because it meant a lot to hear his son talk as he says this.

Konrad Raab: “You can come with us. Take care of the other kids for me Jasper.”

Jasper Hall: “No problem.”

Konrad Raab: “Hazel and Krista, I will take you on The Little Mermaid ride straight after I've taken the boys on here.”

Konrad was dragged in by Mattheus to walk into the ride as they were excited as ever to go on the ride with their dad, although he knew they'd be together after Konrad sees it's for two people as he says this.

Konrad Raab: “You two will go together, while I'll be going with Ambros here as he's the youngest.”

Roderick Raab: “Alright.”

Mattheus Raab: “It is because it's for two people, that is why daddy said that. He'll still be going on the ride with us, be in front of us, that's all.”

Konrad Raab: “That's right.”

Konrad got on first with Ambros who needed help getting on and he switched it to German language to hear the instructions of what to do as although he understands English well, his son doesn't as Ambros understood and they aim for the parts they are meant to shoot at, while Konrad keeps an eye on Mattheus and Roderick who do get along with the ride to help each other out. He hears all of his boys laughing and having fun which made him very happy, even with Ambros trying his best to shoot at the targets, although did get a few targets, he was very young. It took them half an hour to get to the end as Konrad helped Ambros get off the ride.

Ambros Raab: “I had a good time.”

Konrad Raab: “Me too, glad to hear you did.”

Ambros Raab: “Where are Mattheus and Roderick?”

Konrad Raab: “Here.”

They only just came to finish as Konrad saw their score was higher than his while getting off the ride and he says this to his sons.

Konrad Raab: “You both scored more than I did.”

Roderick Raab: “Me and Mattheus worked together.”

Konrad Raab: “That's good to hear. Let's go out, and you guys are with Jasper while I take Hazel and Krista on The Little Mermaid ride.”

Mattheus Raab: “I do not want to go on that, that ride is for girls.”

Konrad Raab: “That is why I said I go on with Hazel and Krista.”

They eventually get to the exit as the boys stand with Jasper and walk along with him towards The Little Mermaid ride as Jasper this time stands with the boys and he does ask Konrad a question.

Jasper: “Any chance I get to go on a ride?”

Konrad Raab: “Yes, you will see. After this Little Mermaid ride, all of us will go on the roundabout ride as I will sit with the kids and you can go on the horses with Mattheus and Roderick.”

Jasper: “Good plan.”

Konrad now takes Krista and Hazel on the ride as it's a perfect chance for Konrad to also hear his girls talk which they can do very well to each other as they are lucky to get the time with their dad and Hazel takes the perfect opportunity to speak to Konrad.

Hazel Raab: “It is beautiful.”

Konrad Raab: “Yes, it is beautiful to see the mermaid with the shiny green skirt on.”

Krista Raab: “I like her top, dressed like a shell.”

Konrad Raab: “Yes, it is a shell kind of top.”

Luckily for this ride, Konrad was able to get his daughters on the same ride as it was fitted for them as he gets to go on to bond with them as he hadn't really had time with them by himself because Konrad was busy catering to the other boys, although he has taken them to the playground and play girly games with them. He sees how much the girls loved looking at the pretty glittery scenery around them, even with the crab and the fish they saw. Once they get to the evil witch, Krista says this.

Krista Raab: “She is not a very nice person.”

Konrad Raab: “No, not at all on how she is trying to destroy Little Mermaid's dreams of getting married to the prince.”

Hazel Raab: “Just like you and mummy are married to each other.”

Konrad Raab: “Well, I'm no prince and mummy's not a mermaid, but yes you can say we are like them.”

He giggled at Hazel's comment about him being a prince and Fizz being a mermaid as they were nothing like them, although he understood what she meant in terms of being a husband and a wife and they enjoyed the ride as they reached to the end as Konrad helped all of his daughters get off the ride and he looks at the time to see it was close to lunchtime, but because he only had small time with his kids today, he wanted to go on two more rides as he updates the kids.

Konrad Raab: “We are going on the carousel now before we go on Monsters Inc ride together as a family before we go home and go out to eat with mummy.”

Roderick Raab: “Why?”

Konrad Raab: “Because I have to go back to Florida at six thirty tonight so I only got a short time with you all today. That's why I took you boys and girls here as well so I could spend time with you all.”

Hazel Raab: “Is that why this guy is with us?”

Konrad Raab: “Yes because Jasper has to be with me everywhere I go.”

Jasper: “Daddy is right. Let's go on this carousel ride.”

Konrad nodded as he didn't want to waste any more time and although he felt bad about only taking them on a few rides because of the short amount of time he has, it was worth it to him as Konrad managed as much as he possibly could to spend time with his children, and Jasper opens his eyes to see how much Konrad treasured the time he said he'll have with them.

Jasper: “You are a family man.”

Konrad Raab: “They mean the world to me, and they get the same amount of time with me.”

Jasper: “As I can tell. You sure you can fit all of us on the Monsters Inc ride?”

Konrad Raab: “Yes as we've gone on it as a family before with Fizz, although that won't be possible when those sons are born, so I got to make time to do that before I'm unable to.”

Jasper: “Sounds good.”

It was clear to Jasper how much he valued family time with his kids, although it was unfortunate Fizz couldn't come because of how tired and exhausted she was with the pregnancy, at least he's able to make time with her to take everyone out for a late family lunch later on. Of course, he just wanted to enjoy the day which he has on Father's Day. 

They enjoyed going on the carousel and the Monsters Inc ride with him, Jasper and the kids talking to each other while on the ride and they came home to pick Fizz up to go out for a meal which they went to TGI Fridays where there's something for everyone, although Fizz had to be careful what food to eat due to her being pregnant. While they wait for their food, they ordered Fizz speaks to Jasper.

Fizz Raab: “How's Konrad doing on the course?”

Jasper Hall: “He's improving, needs a bit more work on social media training.”

Konrad Raab: “Yes, I got a match against the guy who's been bullying me in my final test on Thursday morning.

Jasper: “For a title match too because Konrad needs to work on preparing for title matches behaviour wise properly, and that's what the test provides.”

Mattheus Raab: “Daddy has been naughty?”

Konrad Raab: “Oh, it doesn't just mean good or bad, it means things need to be improved for me and testing me whether I have learned anything or not.”

Jasper nodded as he saw it was a perfect explanation to what Konrad said about working on his behaviour towards certain matches as they eat a nice meal together as Jasper asks Fizz a question while noticing her belly is big.

Jasper Hall: “How far along are you?”

Fizz Raab: “I'm at a point I could give birth next week.”

Jasper Hall: “Oh, I see why Konrad came on the course and its perfect timing. Is the baby a boy or a girl?”

Konrad Raab: “We're having two babies, and both are going to be boys.”

Jasper Hall: “Oh wow, didn't expect that.”

Of course, the reason for the twins was because Konrad had a twin brother and it was in the family genes to have twins in the family, especially the truth of the situation is Fizz could easily give birth next week at any time, so it was essential for Konrad to improve on himself mentally.

Fizz Raab: “You got any kids?”

Jasper Hall: “No, I don't have a girlfriend right now, but I do see how much of a family man Konrad is.”

Fizz Raab: “He is. You can tell he treats everyone the same as the rest of the world. What you see outside and in the ring as Konrad is the same person you've met.”

Jasper Hall: “He needs to be a lot more aggressive at times in the ring to separate himself with this real Konrad, but yes, he cares so much about you and the kids. However, in the ring side of things, he needs to start being more selfish and putting himself first.”

Fizz Raab: “That's what I've been telling him that he does need to care about himself a lot more than he has, but he sees family and me being the top priority over everything.”

Jasper nods as he agrees with everything Fizz says, although Konrad disagrees without saying anything because he doesn't ever argue in front of the kids, he kept his mouth shut and they eat once they receive their food. Today's been excellent for Jasper to get involved in the discussions and getting to know Konrad's family, even if he wasn't going to see them again, he saw just how important his family was to him.

After they ate at the restaurant, they went back to Konrad's house for him to say goodbye as it was six twenty when they got home and Jasper made sure Konrad says goodbye to his kids and Fizz before he takes his cards and some of his gifts in a small rucksack along with some of the things he requested he needed more of for Fizz to put in before they leave his home for Konrad to drive in the small car to get home. While they arrive at the airport to sit at their gate to go back to Orlando Florida, Jasper says this.

Jasper Hall: “You treat your wife with a lot of respect and very helpful with Fizz.”

Konrad Raab: “She was in a lot of trouble when I met her like she was living in the streets practically before I came and saved her life by chasing off the thugs that were trying to kill her in Germany. “

Jasper Hall: “That's terrible.”

Konrad Raab: “However, I won her heart and got my reward by getting married to her and have children too. That's why I treat my wife with respect as I'm a lucky guy.”

Jasper Hall: “I see what Neil meant when he mentioned you're such a nice guy, although I did tell Neil you still need to work on your mentally with matches.”

Konrad Raab: “I'm not happy with the win I got over Cosmo Cooper at all because of interference and the main battle for me is my mentality. I was over the moon with the win until I was told Quinn Castillo helped me to win. I know I said a win is a win, that's true. However, I don't accept winning matches like that.”

Especially how much Jasper wanted Konrad to win matches by himself as he prefers to beat his opponents fairly as mentioned in the interviews at Rebellion Pro and saw Neil's verdict being correct on Konrad still needing work on being mentally stronger, although it's improved a bit over time.

Jasper Hall: “I understand, but at the same time, you should know things like that happen in wrestling. Might be a shitty way for you to win, but you did win.”

Konrad Raab: “It's hard for me to accept, knowing I've got a long way to go.”

Jasper Hall: “Maybe so. I may say you have a lovely family who are well behaved and seem to get along.

Konrad Raab: “The eldest boys aren't always well behaved as they do fight sometimes and I'm glad I've got to experience Krista, Hazel and Ambros talk for the first time, better than on the phone.”

Jasper Hall: “That's nice to hear them in person to speak with you. I got to talk with them for a bit too. Let's head on home and continue training tomorrow.

As Jasper said that, they were called to get on the plane to get their tickets checked after a nice day out he and Konrad had with his family today as they get on the plane and fly back to Florida with them coming back at eleven twenty at night with Konrad going straight off to bed for another day of the mental training course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of adopting Sebastian. Cologne, Germany. Tuesday 28th August (Off Camera)

Although the other reason for being in Cologne was about helping his twin brother Markus to promote 4CW Adrenaline show for a few weeks time in their home city which he has been assisting Markus a lot with interviews and doing advertisements for the event since Markus had no clue how to do it, Konrad hadn't forgotten about Sebastian as his mind's been on him a lot as of late and did promise, Sebastian, if Fizz rejected the idea of giving him a life, he would be with Markus and Samuel who wanted son in their family.

Luckily, however, Fizz understood and accepted Konrad's request of adopting Sebastian and although he knew Markus had a radio station interview this afternoon, he did tell him he needed to sort something out which lead for him to do it on his own with Konrad advising Markus on what to do in interviews, but not the reason why as he did say he'll explain to Markus tonight on a situation he got himself in.

Konrad drove to the orphanage where Sebastian was known to live which wasn't too far from where he lives, about half an hour away as he parks the car outside and locks it before checking the address on the piece of paper he wrote down to get to the orphanage where it was pretty dark and rusty from the outside. 

He rang the doorbell and told the person he had an appointment which he'd arranged on Sunday as Konrad came in and saw all the other kids running around and he asks a kid who was living there a question.

Konrad Raab: “Do you know where Sebastian is?”

A little boy: “He's in the living room over here.”

Konrad Raab: “Thank you.”

The little boy shows Konrad the living room where his future son was, and the little boy took off while it took Sebastian a while to notice Konrad there and he stands right up and says this.

Sebastian: “Did my future mum say yes?”

Konrad Raab: “She did.”

Sebastian: “Now I can go home.”

Konrad Raab: “Not yet as I need to talk to Friedrich to get the paperwork sorted.”

Sebastian: “Oh yeah, he's in his office upstairs, let me take you there.”

At first, it didn't seem bad that Sebastian was helping Konrad as much as he was helping him and didn't look like a bad kid as he takes him outside the door and Sebastian leaves to continue to watch TV as Konrad knocks and was told to come in as he closes the door behind him and shook hands with him as he asks this.

Friedrich: “You're Konrad, aren't you?”

Konrad Raab: “Yes I am.”

Friedrich: “Nice to meet you. Please take a seat, and we'll go over some paperwork along with details about Sebastian.”

Konrad does gladly take a seat as there was already a form laid out for him to fill as he does so straight away to adopt Sebastian, even though he was only taking him, he still needed to fill it out by law. They did put down Sebastian's date of birth and other things he didn't know about him, but everything else is filled out as he gives the form to Friedrich which took twenty minutes to do and he says this.

Friedrich: “Thank you, I will now fax that off to the adoption society, so they have your details on paper. With Sebastian, he doesn't seem to talk very much so it will take him time to get used to your family.”

Konrad Raab: “As I discussed with you on the phone, he talked fine with me and asked me to be his dad.”

Friedrich: “I'm aware, and I apologise for Sebastian's persistence of wanting to live with a family, but he's just not liking it here anymore, hence why he tends to run away from here.”

Konrad Raab: “Don't worry, I'm used to surprises in my job.”

There was a short pause as Friedrich needed a drink of water which he does as he did leave glass for Konrad in case of him needing a drink which Konrad does take a few sips of water before Friedrich continues with the discussion about Sebastian's life and him as a person.

Friedrich: “He doesn't get along well with other children because he's been the only child in the family he's in. I can tell you what happened, but you mustn't tell Sebastian until he's older.”

Konrad Raab: “I can deal with that.”

Friedrich: “His parents got murdered by a man who wanted their money, and he's now in prison for it. Sebastian's been with us ever since. He can get up to being in a lot of trouble, even selling and buying drugs because he's had a tough life.”

Konrad Raab: “That might be a problem, considering I got younger kids, especially babies in the house.”

Friedrich: “But I know you can teach Sebastian the ways of the world of how to be a man and behave responsibly also English as well as while we teach the subject, he's not very good at speaking the language. He also has tendencies to fight with people as well, but as much as we tell him it's wrong, he ignores us and talks about being a wrestler.”

Konrad nods as it's something he's also been told about him wanting to be a wrestler and it was something he was still reluctant on because he, in reality, doesn't want his kids to be exposed to the world of social media or the rubbish about him and Markus as wrestlers, although same could be said about his cousin Jake who was in the business now too. He was aware he wouldn't speak English very well cos he doesn't talk it every day, but that could be a problem that can easily be tackled in no time.

Konrad Raab: “He has mentioned to me he wants to be a wrestler. Thing is Friedrich, he asked me to be his dad, and from what you've discussed, I know why now. He wants to be a better person and wants to kick the habit of doing bad things. I have potential in Sebastian that he wants me to help him.”

Friedrich: “I'm glad you're willing to take him on. The problem is that you want to take him to America, am I right?”

Konrad Raab: “Yeah, I was going to ask if you or somebody from the orphanage can come and help me deal with that. I can get pictures of Sebastian done today.”

Friedrich: “Good because we do want to get that done today for you to ensure he'll be legal to take him home there and of course, we'll go to the US embassy in Berlin tomorrow to get stuff sorted for Sebastian, but you have to know someone to take care of Sebastian in Germany while waiting for the visa and passport to come through.”

Konrad Raab: “That won't be a problem as I know a cousin in Düsseldorf who'd be willing to take care of him as I've spoken to them about it already.”

It seemed like to Friedrich, Konrad had come very prepared as it showed excellent signs that Konrad was willing to learn from the experience of taking a teenage boy in his life and teach him the ways of the world. Konrad signed his name on the form as he was now officially a father of Sebastian. Fizz, of course, couldn't be here as she had kids to take care of, but was very much a part of being a mum to Sebastian.

Friedrich: “We here in our orphanage thank you for taking one of our kids on board to be a parent and give Sebastian a life he deserves.”

Konrad Raab: “No problem. After all, I'm willing to help anybody who needs my help, even if I wasn't expecting or asked to adopt a kid in my life, he asked for me, and it's only right I accept instead of being a selfish man who doesn't want to help anybody.”

Friedrich: “Although we'll come to you and Fizz in six months time to see how Sebastian's getting on because well, we know he's gonna do the same things as he does here, he'll eventually calm down in a few months.

Konrad Raab: “That's not a problem either. You have my address in America so we can discuss things with Fizz there.”

Friedrich: “I will send all the paperwork regarding Sebastian's health checks and more details about him via post ASAP so you can sort out health services for him in America. Congratulations to you and Sebastian. Let's get his stuff together.”

Once again, Konrad and Friedrich shook hands as they leave the office and try to find Sebastian who was sitting on the sofa to watch TV with the other children around him as Sebastian and Konrad gave each other a big hug as he kisses him as he says this.

Konrad Raab: “You're my son now.”

Sebastian: “This is the best day of my life.”

Konrad Raab: “As it is mine too, come on, let's get your stuff packed, and we'll leave here.”

Sebastian, Friedrich and Konrad go to Sebastian's room as they did have some stuff packed already, but not all of it as they got some of the toys he plays with, including an action figure of Konrad being a wrestler with a few other wrestling action figures and they place them into a suitcase as Sebastian was so happy to finally have somewhere to live instead of being in the orphanage as they packed the rest of his clothes and everything was altogether before they leave the orphanage together and Konrad takes Sebastian in his car who sits next to Konrad at the front.

Sebastian: “So are we going home together?”

Konrad Raab: “Here's what I have to tell you and please don't be upset. We got to get pictures done for your passport and your visa. After that, you'll be going to my cousin's house in Düsseldorf just until it comes through.”

Sebastian: “Why?”

Konrad Raab: “Because it's the law, but I promise you as soon as your passport and your visa arrives, you're coming straight home with me as we'll have your room and your school sorted.”

Sebastian: “And you'll train me to be a wrestler?”

Konrad Raab: “Yes. We'll find you a school that provides wrestling as you'll benefit from amateur wrestling before I teach you the other stuff.”

Sebastian: “Such a shame I can't come home with you for now, but please don't make me live with them long. You know I'm not comfortable living with strangers.”

Konrad Raab: “I trust in my cousins to take care of you. They are good people and one of your cousins is a wrestler in the sport too. Let's go to the photo shop to get a few pictures done and I'll take you to Düsseldorf.”

Sebastian nods as Konrad knew Sebastian was disappointed, but it wasn't his fault about the law of having legal rights to have Sebastian to come home with Konrad as they did go to the photo shop to get Sebastian's pictures done and needed a few to get Fizz, Markus and his family one on top of himself and the passport control. Once they've done that, Konrad and Sebastian go off to Dusseldorf to see his cousins and took them forty-three minutes to get there as it's not far to get there.

They arrive at Jake Raab's house as he gets Sebastian's case out of the car before they both go up the stairs with Konrad giving Sebastian one last hug and a kiss before Jake's mum opens the door and sees Sebastian at the door and speaks.

Konrad Raab: “I can't thank you enough to take care of Sebastian, while I get his passport and visa sorted tomorrow.”

Jake's mum: “Not a problem as we always help other family members. Come on Sebastian, come in and we'll have some fun.”

Konrad Raab: “I'll see you soon Sebastian and be a good boy for your cousins.”

Sebastian: “I'll try dad, I promise.”

They close the door, and Konrad felt treasured to save a life once again from being in the streets. He was what you call a hero of people as he did after all even save Maddy from being viciously attacked by Giovanni. Konrad drives home to sort the pictures out. He had four sets of passport pictures done of Sebastian. One for the passport and visa, one for his family and the other for safe keeping. After cutting them out except the ones for the passport and visa ones he was taking with him and waits for Markus to get to Konrad's house after doing interviews today for 4CW Adrenaline show coming to Cologne at a local radio station.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A discussion about Slayter McKinney and Fatal Fortunes. Omaha, Nebraska. Tuesday 18th September. (Off camera)

Luckily for Konrad and Jerry, it didn't take them long to fly from Chicago to Nebraska as it was only an hour and twenty-five minutes to get to where they are at now. Of course, Jerry has been getting Konrad's frustration off all day about many things building up with things happening in his real life on top of the loss he had yesterday in another company.

Jerry did get Konrad's frustrations off to remind him to leave the problems being at home and to focus on SCW match this week against Slayter McKinney. Of course, the little problem Jerry didn't know about made Konrad anxious about the event that made him freak out last year, and he notices Konrad trying to hide something while he was unpacking in his hotel room.

Jerry Flack: “Is there a problem? I told you to not worry about family problems you have at home and in the other company.”

Konrad Raab: “It's not to do with any of those things.”

Jerry Flack: “Well for sure it can't be SCW as nothing is going wrong there except for Giovanni interrupting the match against Maddy last time out, but I don't think he'll be back for a bit after the embarrassing loss he got over Selena Frost.”

Konrad Raab: “No, it's not about what's happening currently in SCW, I'm thinking about last year.”

Jerry Flack: “Why?”

It's obvious to Jerry that although Konrad had changed a lot from last year with the psychical trainer he had on top of him being screwed and mocked by Jason Helms, he thought a lot about this particular thing last year that's coming up and he needed to get it off his chest. Before he does, he drinks some water from the tap, and he sits down with Jerry to talk about it.

Konrad Raab: “I wasn't in a perfect place when I lost my sanity before last year's Fatal Fortunes. I know it's not this week, but it is in the next few weeks where you get placed in random types of matches with different stipulations of matches.”

Jerry Flack: “Oh so is that why you're anxious in case, you'll flip out again?”

Konrad Raab: “Yes.”

Jerry Flack: “I wouldn't worry about it. Yes, you flipped out, but you've improved so much now. You've not let a single problem get to you, well you haven't had any problems since you've been back and I say you are psychically and especially mentally stronger than last year.”

Konrad Raab: “Yeah, you're right. I do need to forget about last year, and I have up until this point.”

Jerry Flack: “I think you need to give yourself time to settle in your hotel room before we talk about your opponent.”

Konrad Raab: “I agree as I'm unfocused right now and need to relax before discussing Slayter.”

Jerry leaves Konrad's hotel room which was a good thing as Jerry hasn't even been to his hotel room to unpack as he was concerned about Fatal Fortunes of the incident he had last year as he puts music on while closing his eyes as he immediately forgets all about his family problems and the other company and focusing on SCW and Slayter. It took him a while this time to focus on Slayter. He opens his eyes and says this to himself.

Konrad Raab: “I realise how good things are for me in SCW. I should be happy and be positive about facing Slayter who I have nothing, but complete respect for.”

Konrad turns his I-Pod off as he also took a while for Jerry to get settled into his hotel room as well as he knocks on Jerry's door before he goes to his place with his door slightly opened before Jerry walks in and sits down after getting settled into his room and Konrad who was a lot better than before says this.

Konrad Raab: “I apologise for that.”

Jerry Flack: “No worries as I'm here to guide you after all. At least you acknowledged you were unfocused about Slayter at the time.”

Konrad Raab: “I wasn't, that's the truth. Anyway, forget about that and let's jump straight into things. It's like I said a couple of weeks ago, I have a ton of respect for Slayter because she wants to wrestle non stop, reminds a lot like me at times to improve and get better myself.”

Jerry Flack: “In many ways, you are just like her, wrestling non-stop to enjoy the sport, only you have a bigger reason to prove yourself to get yourself a title contention match.”

Konrad Raab: “I wouldn't say that as she wants to prove to the world that eight years of not wrestling hasn't stopped her motivation to compete against the top wrestlers in this company. She asked for more matches, I've never seen wrestlers do that, and I respect her for it.”

It was true; there was almost nothing negative he can say about his opponent whatsoever as he knew unlike the previous opponents he had questions for, he didn't have one for at all. He loved being in matches where he didn't have to use trash talking methods as he wasn't a trash talker at all. He wanted matches like Slayter to show SCW world there were matches where it's about competition instead of cheap methods to win and having ambush attacks from behind.

Jerry Flack: “You may disagree with me, but I feel your cause is much riskier. Sure, Slayter wants matches every week to prove herself, but what's the motivation other than eight years of not wrestling?”

Konrad Raab: “Jerry, I'm not going to speak negatively about someone who's been the only wrestler having the guts to speak with Olek to get more matches. Gods sake, she motivated me to talk to Olek about getting a title contention match. She wants to be here wrestling and busting her ass every week which is something I don't see every day.”

Jerry Flack: “I'm just saying that she doesn't want to become champion, she wants to be here wrestling. You do.”

Konrad Raab: “Maybe I want to be in SCW for wrestling too. I do want a title contention match to prove myself, but I see her point of wanting to wrestle for the fans to bust her ass is her wanting to put the hard work in her wrestling. She wants to prove herself as much as I do.”

It was usually the other way around of Jerry telling Konrad off for losing focus and thinking negative thoughts like earlier, but it seemed the roles are versed as Konrad shook his head at Jerry because he had been there of wanting to wrestle every single week. Jerry sees Konrad's point, and after all, he did say Slayter was the one who motivated Konrad to talk to Olek which he wasn't wrong in that.

Jerry Flack: “I'm sorry. I should've understood your point, but yes it's true, you want to be here for wrestling too, and you and Slayter haven't gotten involved with personal issues like some wrestlers have.”

Konrad Raab: “It's disgusting how wrestlers expose other wrestler's real-life problems outside of the ring. They don't care about their performance or what they do in the ring. I do, and I only talk about wrestlers themselves in the ring, not what they do outside of wrestling.”

Jerry Flack: “I agree. You have a lot of self-confidence and self-belief in yourself to know you can win against Slayter. Focus only on her for today, and we'll worry about Fatal Fortunes in the next few weeks.

Konrad Raab: “I'm going to talk a bit about it because it's important for my career, knowing full well, I could be placed in a title contendership match whether that's next week, two weeks or three weeks time, I need to prove to Mr D and everyone in the back I'm deserving of a title contention match and I won't stop until I get one cos I still crave for titles, especially the TV one.”

It was crystal ice clear what Jerry was seeing in Konrad's eyes, being completely focused on the future than the past. Of course, he did have to mention about Fatal Fortunes as he did want to prepare for it mentally early as he had time to this year, although Jerry knew Konrad was ignoring the attention that he was getting, especially from Andrew Raynes who's talked about Konrad.

Jerry Flack: “I know you're focusing on the future, but that Andrew Raynes dude keeps mentioning you and the loss you had against him.”

Konrad Raab: “I'm aware, but all he's trying to do is provoke me to fight him, but let him brag about beating against the suicidal lack of self-esteem Konrad in a title match because he knows this whole new improved Konrad won't withstand him in a fight now and it will bite him before he knows it.”

Jerry Flack: “Wow, you're right, he is trying to provoke you. Feels like you're laughing it off.”

Konrad Raab: “I am because he's thinking of the past too much, refusing to see me improving so much more before then. I'm focusing on me, myself and I on the improvement of my wrestling, fighting Slayter a match she deserves.”

Jerry nods as he sees how far Konrad's come from the course on everything he learnt from it with the Justin situation being a perfect fitting for how he saw Andrew coming across with comments made about him. Konrad does laugh off the fact of him bragging to beat the worthless Konrad to take it as a joke cos Konrad was a laughing joke. He gets himself in the mind of talking about Slayer respectfully as he did respect her a lot as he gets his laptop out ready and speaks to his opponent and bits of Fatal Fortunes as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Respectful opponent and bits about Fatal Fortunes discussions youtube.com shoot (On Camera)

“Today, I'm not going to say anything bad about my opponent which is refreshing for once as I'm able to focus on the wrestler herself on Slayter McKinney. She has the momentum I've never seen in a wrestler before. She wants to show her dedication to the wrestling business. She wants to wrestle every single week. You don't get that with many young wrestlers these days, and I applaud on Slayter for having the guts to do something not many people would do, ask to be put in matches every single week to the boss.

It helped me notice what an extremely dedicated opponent I have. It speaks volumes she doesn't care about wins and losses, she doesn't care about winning titles, she wants to enjoy wrestling in the sport, and she proves it in the ring every single time. She doesn't trash wrestlers which is refreshing that I'm not the only guy who values opponents as wrestlers that can defeat me and Slayter could very well do that.

You see Slayer; you've done something I've not had the guts to do at any point in my career, going to the boss and asking Mr D for a request. Until you came around with your request, I never knew how to get my point across without being demanding like a little bitch, until you figured it out. I went in the office that day and asked for a title contention match because like yourself of wanting to prove if you still have it, I want to prove I can be champion in SCW and you iced up that motivation in my ass to do something about it.

In many ways, we are very alike; the only difference is the years and our own goals for the business. I was away for a few weeks to improve myself mentally and I don't feel, I know it's benefited me for the better as I've not allowed anything to get to me in SCW. I've had no reason to as I've only had two losses since returning and everyone knows they were against the top wrestlers of the company of Autumn Valentine and Marie Jones. Everyone else, I've won matches against. Of course, you've won all of your matches since you've returned, so I gladly take the opportunity to fight you as a worthy challenging wrestler you are.

I understand the feeling of sacrificing everything for this business as I do every day and you also willing to put in the number of hours in the gym. A lot of SCW wrestlers would tell you that I work my ass off also near enough twenty-four seven in the gym to prepare for matches and study my opponents.

I'm not going to question or doubt you with anything as once again, there's no reason to and that's why our match is going to tear the house down with competitive wrestling nobody expects us to see to lead to what awaits us in Fatal Fortunes which this time around, I'm looking forward to any obstacles being put in front of me whether that's a title contention match or not. I will give you everything I have for damn sure because you will be a very tough opponent to overcome.

However, I got to prove to Mr D that I deserve a title contention match and sadly as much as it breaks my heart to say this to a respectful and credible wrestler, I need and want to win this match because I believe I can, and I will show you the best Konrad you deserve and this motivated Iceman will show you what he can do in the ring.

The fans are going to stand on their feet for our incredible moves, and they'll want to see another match between us, only after I defeated you as much hunger we both have to prove ourselves we belong in the wrestling business, I just have that bit more craving in me and will pin you for the three count after a tough match we'll have and show you respect and gladly shake your hand before and after the match on being the nicest and one of the most respectful opponents I'll meet to date. Good luck because you will need it.”