Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Cruze vs. Christy Matthews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Diary Entry – 13th May 2021

Funny.

So many people claiming that they are going to teach me a lesson, when in fact the opposite is the truth.

It was tough. Ignoring all the chaos around the ring and focusing on what mattered. But I did it, and at the same time put these ‘Wonderland’ rumors to bed.

Just goes to show how little people know me if they truly believed that I could be friends with ‘him’.

Doesn’t matter though, I’m sure some people will still believe it to be some kind of ruse, but to hell with them. I don’t need anyone, only myself. And whoever it was who stepped up to the plate next, they would end up realizing the same thing as Jessica and David. That being that I don’t need saving.

My life. My rules. The only way

Anyone who doesn’t like that?

Tough.

15th May 2021
Los Angeles

Owen pours some chips into a bowl and grabs the dip from out the fridge. He then scoops up a pile of goodies, and heads into the cinema room where FIFA is already loaded up on the big screen. Finch was coming around to hang out in a while after he had finished work, and Owen couldn’t wait, having been rattling around in his big house all day with literally nothing to do, and some company was precisely what he craved. He'd never admit it, but he was having problems adjusting to the single life on many levels. As he sets down the goodies, and picks up a controller, scrolling over to the ‘Online CO-OP’ tab, the doorbell rings, a smile forming on Owen’s face. He looks at his watch, Finch was early which was unlike him, but today Owen didn’t care. He makes his way over to the front door and opens it, unable to hide his disappointment when he sees Maisie stood there, dressed in a short, flowery dress. Owen had to admit, for her age Maisie looked good, cute even, but he wasn’t about to go there having heard the horror stories from Shaun. He was however tempted, knowing how much it would piss his Uncle off.

Owen: Oh, it’s you. What can I do for you Maisie?

Maisie glances at the floor, somewhat sheepishly

Maisie: I wanted to apologize for the other evening.

Maisie had tried to kiss him in a club, and had succeeded to some extent, Owen however backing away before it had gone too far.

Owen: There really is no need.

Maisie: Please… can I come in?

Owen glances up and down the street before stepping to one side.

Owen: Sure…

Maisie smiles and steps into the house, waiting for Owen in the hallway. He shuts the door and then motions towards the kitchen. Usually, he would offer guests a drink, but he had no intention of Maisie overstaying her welcome. He could just imagine what Finch would say if he arrived while she was still here.

Maisie: You have a really nice house.

Owen: Thank you… can’t really take credit for that though, it was Jennifer that did most of the décor. I just live here.

Maisie: And where is Jennifer?

Owen: We… err, we split up. She didn’t like a few of my choices of late. I don’t want to talk about it.

Maisie: OK…

Owen: So, you wanted to apologize?

Maisie: Oh yes… I don’t know what came over me. I’d had a lot to drink, we were celebrating my casting on Shaun’s film you see… It was just in the spur of the moment. I hope you can forgive me.

Owen: Sure… why not? Apology accepted.

Maisie: Good… did you like it?

Owen: What?

Maisie grins, and then bites her bottom lip.

Maisie: Did you like the kiss? I know I did.

Owen: What game are you playing Maisie?

She steps forwards, placing a single hand on his chest.

Maisie: No game Owen… I just think you’re cute that’s all.

Owen steps back, realizing that letting her in was not a good idea.

Owen: I think you should leave.

Maisie: So soon… I was just starting to have fun. Do you think I’m beautiful Owen?

Owen: Yes… I mean no, no I don’t think you’re beautiful. You’re what… thirty-five?

Maisie: Thirty-two

Owen: Yeah, well I’m twenty-one.

Maisie: And what does that matter?

Owen: I’m just out of a long-term relationship, I don’t want to get involved with anyone right now.

Maisie laughs, and gets up on one of the bar stools and crosses her legs, ensuring Owen gets a glimpse of her underwear.

Maisie: No, neither am I Owen. I’m just looking for some fun. You like fun, don’t you? I could teach you some things you’ve never even dreamed of.

Owen: I’m sure you could Maisie…

Maisie gets off the stool and walks towards him, Owen backing off and around the counter.

Owen: Look Maisie, you’re attractive and all, but it’s just not a good idea.

Maisie: And what about this… is this a good idea?

Maisie grins, and reaches underneath her skirt, pulling down her underwear and placing them on the counter. She then walks around the counter, and Owen realizes he has nowhere to go. His back presses against the wall and she stands in front of him, looking down towards the bulge in his shorts, a big smile forming on her face.

Maisie: Mmmm, I can see someone likes the idea.

She licks her lips, Owen gulping at what may happen next but to his relief she steps back.

Maisie: All you gotta do is say the word and I’ll take care of that for you. You know where I am if you need me Owen.

She chuckles to herself and had back through the house, letting herself out. Owen puffs out his cheeks and pushes off from the wall and picks up the underwear, his eyes widening with shock as Finch walks into the kitchen. Finch looks at the underwear, and then the sheepish look on Owen face.

Finch: What the fuck did I miss?

Owen: Nothing

Finch: Bro, you got panties in your hand, Maisie leaving the house looking more than a little flustered. And you, you’ve got guilt written all over your face.

Owen: Finch, it’s nothing… just Maisie playing her games.

Owen puts the underwear back on the side, and pulls a couple of beers out the fridge, popping the caps of both. Finch picks up the panties and admires them.

Finch: Nice

Owen: You can keep them if you like them that much.

Finch: Indeed I will. Seriously though dude, what happened?

Owen takes a long chug on the beer, and shakes his head

Owen: Seriously… nothing. But she made it pretty clear that if I’d have wanted to, it was there on a plate

Finch: You lucky dog!!! What you going to do?

Owen: That’s easy… nothing.

Finch: WHAT? You got the chance to grab yourself a Cougar, and you’re going to turn it down. What’s wrong with you man?

Owen: Can we just play FIFA?

Finch: Yeah, in a minute, but first you gotta explain. Your single, no ties… and a hot mama is throwing herself at you. You should be balls deep.

Owen: Look man, she’s hot… not gonna deny that, but she’s also crazy. Not only that, but it’s also only five minutes since I split up with Jen. And, well I guess I still love her you know?

Finch: Yeah, but Owen.

Owen: No, seriously Finch, I’m having nothing to do with her. You fancy her so much you have a go, but don’t blame me when she rips your balls off and feed them to you. I’m all for having fun, but not her kind of fun. Her kind of fun normally ends with someone getting hurt. And right now I don’t need that kind of aggravation. OK?

Finch: But…

Owen: OK???

Owen raises his voice, clearly fed up with this subject,

Finch: Alright, fair enough. But I still think you’re crazy.

Owen: No man, she’s the one that is crazy. And that’s why I am staying as far away as possible. And I’d advise you to do the same. Now, can we play FIFA please?

Finch nods, not knowing at this point that it wouldn’t be the last time today he would be left ruing one of Owen’s decisions. Owen had decided to sell the house, and move back to Newquay for a quieter life, at least for the foreseeable, Finch left with the very real possibility that moments like this, just chilling with his best friend were about to become a thing of the past.

Diary Entry – 16th May 2021

Didn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that Jen’s latest tweet was aimed at me, even though I didn’t get the common decency of a tag.

Sad that she thinks that way, considering that she was the one that walked away from me and not the other way around. What I am supposed to do, wallow in self-pity or get on with it?

Guess she wanted me to be miserable… certainly seems that way.

Truth was, it did still hurt. And I do with that we were still together.

But she made that choice. Not me.

Now we both had to live with it. But I wasn’t going to let it destroy me

No way.

17th May 2021
Los Angeles

Owen sits on his sofa, flipping though some of the pictures on a webpage, pictures from the local dog rescue home. Since Buck had left, Owen had missed having a dog around the place, and although he had today contacted the realtor to set the ball rolling on his house sale, Owen didn’t see the harm in looking. If he did stay, Owen was going to employ a live-in housekeeper anyway, part of her duties would be looking after the dog. Then, at least there would be someone who loved him that would greet him when he got home. The doorbell rings, and immediately Owen believes it is Maisie, back to play more games, but when he looks through the window, he spots a patrol car parked across the driveway. He scowls, and gets to his feet, a million and one things going through his head as he opens the door.

Owen: Err, hello?

Officer: Hello Sir, are you Owen Cruze?

Owen: Yeah, I am.

Officer: Could we possibly come in?

Owen: What’s this about?

Officer: Nothing to fear Sir, just be easier if we could talk inside?

Owen: OK, come in.

The Officers walk in, Owen only now noticing that the second one is female.

Owen: Go through to the living area… would you like a drink?

Officer: No thank you Owen, this will only take a moment of your time.

Owen takes a seat, the officers doing the same.

Owen: So, what’s this all about?

Officer: As I said, nothing to worry about this is purely routine, in case you may have read something on the Internet.

Owen scowls, confused at this point.

Officer: I can see by the look on your face you have no idea what we are talking about?

Owen: I don’t have the first clue…

Officer: Well, a couple of weeks ago an associate of your Uncle Finn Cruze was caught at Melbourne Airport, a Joshua Tate. You ever heard of him?

Owen’s mind blanks over, he’d not heard Finn’s name for a long time. For an instant, an image that had once haunted him appears, Owen quickly putting it to the back of his mind.

Owen: No, I can’t say I have.

Officer: We believe that Mr. Tate was trying to catch a flight to America, and as such he MAY have been trying to find you.

Owen: Me, what would he want with me?

The female officer picks up the story, Owen finding himself soothed by her voice, which Owen was sure wasn’t an accident.

Officer 2: Sir…

Owen: Please, call me Owen.

Officer 2: OK, Owen… did your Uncle ever tell you anything, reveal any names who he may have been working for when he arrived back in America after being released. Anything you can remember would be helpful.

Owen thinks for a while and then shakes his head.

Officer: Any companies, places he visited before his death?

Owen: No, nothing. I mean, he tried to get me to hand over my inheritance, but he never revealed who he was working for… if anyone. I kinda assumed it was all him, until I got the folder in the mail. You know about that right?

The first officer goes through his notes.

Officer: Ah yes, the false information regarding your Father.

Owen: Yeah, that’s it. But other than that, he told me nothing. So, what’s the deal here, am I safe?

Officer 2: Like we said Owen, right now we are only speculating on Mr. Tate’s actions. It may be nothing, but we advise you to be careful, nonetheless.

Owen: OK fair enough

Officer: Do you have any questions?

Owen: No

Officer: OK well if you do think of anything…

He slides a card out of his pocket.

Officer: That’s my number, call if you think of anything or if you see anything out the ordinary.

Owen: I will, thank you.

Officer: We’ll see ourselves out

Owen doesn’t stand, and he lets them leave, for the first time in a long while, his thoughts dominated by Finn Cruze, who even now over a year in the ground was affecting his life. If he hated the man before, he hated him even more now and always would. But he wouldn’t let this man destroy him. He couldn’t. The one silver lining… he at least wasn’t thinking about Jennifer any more.

18th May 2021
Los Angeles

If there was someone who had stood by him throughout all of this it was his Mom. Although it was still obvious that Kloe didn’t like some of Owen’s recent choices, she had at least respected the fact that it was Owen’s choice to make, and not hers. That didn’t however stop Kloe from thinking that Owen was self-destructing before he very eyes. So, when Owen called her, and asked if he could come round, Kloe made the time, knowing that right now there were not many that were offering Owen an ear. Almost to a person, his former friends had turned on him, and Kloe knowing him better than anyone, knew what Owen would be feeling alone. With all that said however, she is surprised when he turns up and seems in a positive mood, but she knew how good he had become at hiding his emotions. With Owen sat at a chair, a parasol shading him from the soon, Kloe walks out the house carrying a tray of tea and biscuits. Owen looks at the tray and laughs.

Owen: No beer?

Kloe: No, no beer… you might be taking advantage of being old enough to drink but not in my house.

Owen: I’m kidding, I’m not some raving alcoholic you know?

Kloe had no doubt been talking to Shaun, and possibly even Jennifer.

Kloe: I know… but its ok right?

Owen: Sure… like I said, I don’t have a beer in my hand 24/7 you know? No matter what you’ve been told.

Kloe: Good, keep it that way.

She pours him a mug of tea and offers him the biscuits, Owen taking a bourbon, his favorites.

Kloe: Knew you’d chose the bourbon. Nice to see that not everything has changed.

Owen leans back in his chair, taking a sip from his tea.

Kloe: So, how are you doing anyway Owen? And don’t forget this is your Mother you are talking to; I’ll know if you’re not telling me the truth.

Owen laughs, if only she knew some of the scrapes, he’d been through as a kid that he’d never told her. Maybe one day he’d enlighten her.

Owen: What do you want me to say? That it’s all been a blast?

Kloe: I just want the truth kiddo.

Owen: It’s sucked Mom. There’s no getting away from it. Jen’s left me; my friends have turned their backs on me. I’ve not heard a thing from Taylor, so she’s probably pissed off as well. There’s probably a handful of people that haven’t judged me, or immediately believed the worse, and I thought people knew me better than that.

Kloe: Owen, you’re not stupid… you had to know this would happen?

Owen shrugs his shoulders; he’d prepared himself for some people yes. But he’d lost more than he could possibly have imagined he would.

Owen: What? That people would find it so easy to throw me to the wolves, no I didn’t.

Kloe: But this is Giovanni Aries we are talking…

Owen: Mom, I’m not involved with the Wonderland. This isn’t Gio pulling my strings and telling me what to do. Why would I kick Shaun in the nuts for not allowing me to live my own life and then joined someone who is even more manipulative? Like you said, I’m not stupid. Others are though if they believe that shit. Fine, so I turned on my Uncle, big fucking deal. My other Uncle blew his head off in front of me…

Kloe hesitates, but then speaks

Kloe: Don’t swear in my house Owen.

Owen: Sorry… but you got to realize that stuff like that happens every week in SCW. They are the biggest manipulators of them all. Because of them putting me in a match with Dave, Jen felt like she had no other choice. And that’s what I mean. SCW playing with people’s lives, well they ain’t gonna run mine. Not any longer. And if people can’t understand that, then were they ever really friends?

Kloe: You can’t mean that?

Owen nods his head.

Owen: I do Mom… I’ve stuck with people through thick and thin, helped people get through some serious stuff in their lives. Every single one of them turned on me so as not to ruin their reputation… look what happened with Kelcey and Shaun, after Shaun threw Regan off the ramp. Kelcey stuck with him. Kelcey when she was being blackmailed by Silas… Shaun stuck with her. I kick a man in the balls, that’s my only indiscretion and where is Kelcey now?

He waits for his Mom to answer, but interrupts as she opens her mouth to speak.

Owen: Exactly nowhere… the only communication I’ve had was when she was making threats should I continue down this path.

Kloe: You must see it’s difficult for them?

Owen: To an extent yes, but I wasn’t even given chance to explain. And you know something Mom, that hurts more than anything. How easy it was for them to draw their own assumptions based off very little fact. Even Shaun gets it now Mom, why can’t they huh?

For the first time Kloe sees how much this is really getting to Owen. Owen had shown as much bravado as he could muster when on camera, but here it was obvious his emotions were still raw.

Kloe: It must be tough.

Owen scoffs

Owen: You reckon? I’m pretty much on my own now in SCW. No allies, no back up… nothing.

Kloe: So, do you regret it?

Owen looks away for a moment, giving away his true thoughts, but looks back towards Kloe defiantly.

Owen: NO… it had to happen this way, or nothing would have ever changed. It’s gonna all be worth it in the end… when people see that I was right all along. They’ll come crawling back then, you’ll see.

Kloe opens her mouth to say something but then stops herself. She was trying to stay impartial and not alienate Owen like many had done to him. At the end of the day, she was still his Mother, even if she thought he would regret his recent actions. Tell him so wouldn’t achieve anything.

Kloe: I sincerely hope so, for your sake.

Owen: Surely Dad felt like this on occasions… I know for a fact his career wasn’t as perfect as people make it out to be.

Kloe: You know as well as I do your Father wasn’t perfect Owen. If he were looking down now, I know he’d be suffering through all this with you. Your Dad had his demons…

Owen: Finn for starters

Kloe’s face changes at the mention of Finn’s name, Owen noticing the look. She’d reacted twice now. Even when Finn reintroduced himself to the family a couple of years ago she’d done her level best to stay out of his way, and advised Owen to do the same.

Kloe: What made you think of him, have you been having those dreams again?

Owen: No, the Police came around yesterday asking about him and who he was involved with. I couldn’t help.

Kloe: Fair enough…

Owen thinks it strange that Kloe kinda avoids the conversation and continues regardless.

Owen: But he stuck to his guns, and didn’t back down, did he? He never spoke to Finn again and cut him out of his life.

Kloe: No, he didn’t… but he didn’t have the choices that you do.

Owen senses the anxious tone in Kloe’s voice.

Owen: What do you mean?

Kloe bites her bottom lips nervously.

Kloe: It doesn’t matter, what I’m saying is don’t think for one second that Orlando, or Shaun for that matter didn’t have the same thoughts you are having right now. Shaun lived almost a lifetime under his brother’s shadow, and there was a time thing went dark for him. He came out the other side though, and I sincerely hope you do too, because it’s a lonely place.

Kloe was obviously avoiding the topic, but Owen lets it go. He knew there was something else he had to tell her, and if he didn’t do it now, he never would.

Owen: Mom, there’s something I need to tell you.

Kloe: Oh?

Kloe had the feeling that this wasn’t going to be good news. Either that, or he’d picked up on her reaction earlier.

Owen: Yeah, I know you only just moved to LA Mom, but I’m going to live in the house in Newquay. I just can’t be done with the possibility of running into people in the streets and it being awkward.

Kloe is half relieved.

Kloe: But what about the house here?

Owen: I’ll either rent it out or sell it… not sure yet. All I know is that I need to get away from this place as soon as possible. I know you won’t like that, but I honestly feel its for the best… for me. You must have seen the tweet Jen posted…

Kloe: Yeah, I did

Owen: She obviously hates me, so it’s probably best if I stay out of her way… and especially her family’s way.

Kloe: Truthfully, Owen, I agree with you.

Owen: You do?

Kloe: Yes, you being around will only antagonize things. Leaving might be the best way for you all to move on.

Owen: Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Kloe: I don’t think I like the thought of you being out there alone though, so why don’t I come with you? At least until you get settled.

Owen: Yeah, that’s gonna look brilliant.

Kloe: People don’t have to know, and even if they find out, we’ll just say I was helping you out. No big deal. Look Owen, I don’t particularly like it out here, so maybe it will be good for the both of us. Maybe I’ll get my little boy back… at least for a little while.

Owen laughs.

Owen: Think I stopped being a little boy a long time ago Mom.

Kloe: Maybe, but don’t you think it will be good… spending some time together again with no distractions?

Owen: OK, but if it gets too much…

Kloe: I’ll come back. I’ll leave the furniture and stuff and just bring a few boxes with me, so it doesn’t look permanent. It will be fun.

Owen: We’ll see… either way, at least I get away from the bullshit… sorry, drama.

Kloe: Why is there something else you’re not telling me?

Owen thinks about mentioning Maisie, but he’s gone through enough revelations for one day, and he shakes his head.

Owen: Nah, just this stuff. Dad always used to say he was always at his happiest when he was away from America and living in England. Maybe it will do the same for me you know… going back to my roots?

Kloe: I hope so Owen, I really do.

Owen: OK Mom, let’s do this… me and you.

He holds up his mug of tea and Kloe taps hers against his, Owen taking a drink but Kloe just watching him. She truly hoped this was the answer, because right now all she saw was a young man full of regrets, miserable at the way things had turned out, but more than anything it seemed, missing the love of his life. She knew she couldn’t intervene without making matters worse, but she hoped that one day they found their way back to one another. Because whether they saw it right now or not, they were perfect together. And Kloe believed that Jennifer was the answer… to bring her ‘Owen’ back.

2nd June 2021
Raleigh

“Let that be the end of it.”

Owen peers from in front of a camera, leaning forwards his hands clasped in front of him.

“Sick of hearing it to be honest, people claiming that they are going to show me the error of my ways, apparently knowing where this ‘path’ is inevitably leading me. Fact is none of you that are making these abhorrent statements have a damn clue. Your opinions mean literally nothing to me. And you know why that is? If you can’t see what is going on in Supreme Championship Wrestling when it’s right in front of your eyes. If you can’t see the greed and the corruption that benefits only the chosen few *cough* Selena Frost *cough*. If even after explaining the logic to you all, and giving you the evidence that you apparently cannot find for yourselves, you STILL believe that the Drachawych family have the best intentions for each and every one of you…”

Owen rubs his hands and holds his head in his hands, running his hands then backwards through his air.

“If you can’t see the blindingly obvious, the situation that you are all a part of, what justification do any of you have for thinking that my choices are not right, for ME? You have NONE. No justification whatsoever to pass judgement on me, or my life. And ANYONE who steps up to me, whilst at the same time following the herd, the sheep that still believe this company to be ‘rainbows and unicorns’… they will receive the EXACT same response that Jess, and Dave experienced. Clarity, and that far from being selfish, I fight this fight for those three initials that still mean so much to me, for every one of you that cannot see what I see so clearly. Just stay out my way and let me do my work, because believe me people, one day everyone will see the Drachawych family the way I do now. A corrupt, individualistic family that care only about the almighty dollar and couldn’t care less about any of your lives. A family that will use personal heartache against the very person who fought tooth and nail to ensure that they maintained power.

The biggest regret of my SCW career by the way

The worse part of it, ‘some’ of you will say the words, and yet still do nothing about it, fearing that they will lose their legendary status, or their place in the Hall of Fame should they pull up their big boy and girl pants and grow a spine. No, instead they ignore the obvious and focus on this fabled ‘alliance’ I have with Giovanni Aries, and my journey to become the ‘Prince of the Wonderland’. Did Breakdown a couple of weeks back look like an alliance to you? Tell me, did the most ‘Anti-Trump’ amongst you disagree with every single one of his policies? I doubt it. So, does that make you evil? Or even worse… a Republican? No, of course it doesn’t, but with me, IMMEDIATELY, every single one of you assumes the worst. Including someone that I was close to and a person who I regarded as a sister. And yet James Evans, a man who did indeed drink the Wonderland Kool-Aid is treated like a returning Messiah. Go figure. And therein lies another point, the hypocrisy that has become common place against once the most intelligent of fanbases, who have now become one of the most ignorant. Not able to see that this company… sorry, that family is fleecing every single one of you. What will it take to open your eyes huh? Someone dying? Someone losing their life because there is no control. Because that’s what’s going to eventually happen, there have already been so many near misses. But instead of acknowledging it, acknowledging me, you’d prefer to put it down to me having a strop, or it being the time of the month. It’s pathetic… it’s astonishing that with the experience some of these people have, they don’t feel it is their obligation to do something about it… and challenge someone like me who has the balls to do so. Or perhaps, that’s the problem. Perhaps this ignorance, isn’t ignorance at all. Perhaps it’s embarrassment. That a twenty-one-year-old like myself with only three years’ experience can see what they cannot or choose not to. But that’s just the meanderings of a ‘kid’ right? Someone who doesn’t have the first clue the way the business works and hasn’t learned from the mistakes that his forebearers made. I’ve even heard people say that the industry has always been like this, and that I’m only just figuring it out. But just because it’s always been like this, does that make it right? Of course, it doesn’t. I’m also aware that if I hadn’t fought for Sasha a couple of years back, the situation could quite conceivably be even worse. But because I speak up against the Drachawych family, because I’ve decided to do things for myself, and not allow myself to be abused and used by this company, I’M the bad guy?”

Owen shrugs his shoulders.

“Fair dues, I’m the bad guy then, boo me, so be it. But that doesn’t make me any less right. And it’s not going to stop me from spreading the ‘Clarity’ around Supreme Championship Wrestling and starting the revolution that this company clearly needs. One day, each one of you will come up to me and shake my hand, thanking me for saving this company from ruin. The D. family have claimed themselves as the foundation of this company for too long, they believe that they can get away with any indiscretion in the name of ‘entertainment’ and we will all lap it up. And some will, those that are incapable of the change needed, but they will be the ones who end up wrestling in village halls… not me. This is MY Wonderland… and in my Wonderland I live by my rules, not theirs. And those rules will bring me the attention I have always deserved thanks to my sacrifices, rather than being back of the queue begging for scraps.”

Owen grins, tilting his head to one side.

“You know a bit about that don’t you Christy?”

He holds up his hands, still grinning.

“Now don’t worry, this isn’t the beginning of the usual ‘Cruze’ tirade every single time they come up against anyone who has or has had links with Infamous. I’m not going to spend the entirety of my promo talking about you living in Syren’s shadow, however much it may be true. The fact of the matter is you have claimed a fair amount of success for yourself, you’ve done alright no question. You’ve earned yourself a reputation as someone who has won accolades, the first woman to win the World Championship I believe, and I cannot dispute that. Of course, there is the question what you WOULD have won if you’d not spent a career pandering to someone’s else needs, but like I said, I’m not going to go there. What I will say however is that as an example of someone who hasn’t changed in the three years I have been here; you Christy would be front and center. Because what happened two weeks ago on Breakdown is classic Christy Matthews, and the reason why I’m certain I’m walking out of Raleigh tomorrow evening with another huge name defeated.”

He leans back now in the chair and brings his foot up, so it rests on his knee, his hands resting on his leg.

“If you were listening earlier Christy, you would have heard me talk about hypocrisy, and how it is commonplace in SCW. No matter where you turn, you hear or see someone doing one thing, and then saying the other, it’s no surprise that people could consider it the norm. In your case, just a few weeks ago, you were bemoaning Cookie’s lack of effort when facing you. Just the week prior to you losing the Television title, you were telling Kat Kelly how you are far from a soft touch, and that you weren’t going to let the title go without a fight. What happened Christy? I’ll tell you what happened, you lost to Bison, someone competing in his very first singles match. You didn’t fight, you didn’t even see fit to talk about the match in a promo prior. No, you went down in a whimper, against the least experienced singles competitor on our roster. Was it a shocking result that no one expected? Yes, damn right it was. Someone associated with Adam Allocco able to tie his own shoelaces would be a shocker, so you losing to someone like that HAD to go down as an upset. Was it surprising that you lost? No, not really… because throughout the entirety of your Television title reign, you weren’t talking about the honor of being a champion, you had your eyes on a greater prize. You were, when facing Bison, what you always are when it comes to the bigger picture. You were unprepared, unfocussed, and made to look like an outright amateur. Looking to the future, you forgot about the here and now. I mean, what had you done recently to even justify a shot at the United States title? I’ll tell you; you’d won the TV title… that tells its own story, the title you held was your ticket yes… but only whilst you held it. Bison FOUGHT and he stunned almost everyone, including Allocco, but his victory won’t ever tell the full story. Yes, he fought hard, harder than most probably thought he could. But he didn’t win ONLY because of his abilities, part of it was because of Christy Matthews failings. And her outright refusal to accept change and evolve. Who else has that trait I wonder? Oh sorry… I wasn’t going to do that was I? Old habits.

And this all ties in with the general situation around this company, in that people refuse to accept change. There’s a book and it’s sold twenty-eight million copies worldwide and was written by a Dr Spencer Johnson. It’s called ‘Who moved my Cheese?’, have you heard of it Christy? The book is about two mice called Sniff and Scurry and two ‘Littlepeople’ called Haw and Hem, and their quest for Cheese. They all find this place that had a shit ton of the stuff, and for a while they all live there, thriving, until one day the cheese has gone. Sniff and Scurry being simple mice, they just move on, they find new cheese, but Haw and Hem are not so eager. They want to know where the cheese has gone, and spend a long time trying to figure it out. They know something is wrong Christy, but instead of adapting, they stubbornly persist. Until finally Haw realizes he has no choice but to change… Hem, staying precisely where he is. Guess which one of those characters you are Christy? Hem, right? Believing that all is right in the world? Your way that has served you all your career, the ‘right way’ even though there have been many times when it seems like you have stagnated. And which character am I? I’m Haw Christy, I’m the guy that was going along with things blindly, not realizing that changing wasn’t that scary at all. I accepted that things the way they were, was how it was supposed to be. I was shit on, time and time again by people I thought had my back, and that was the change I needed to make to evolve into something far better. Whereas you Christy, everyone knew that eventually you’d fuck it up. It could have well been Kat, but there was enough there for you to want to win, Bison was the one who hit the jackpot because that was the moment you grew bored. It might sound daft bringing an analogy like ‘Who moved my cheese?’ into the wrestling environment, but I reckon you’d do well to read it if you haven’t already. Then you might know like I do how to anticipate change and enjoy it, so that finally, like I do, you can feel alive. Because right now Christy I look at you as someone who is merely existing… and in no way shape or form living. You shouldn’t be losing to someone like Bison Jones Christy, you know it, and maybe one day you’ll figure out why this happens to you, time and time again, year in, year out. I won’t hold my breath though; seems you are more than happy with the ‘old cheese’.

And I know why you never take that step Christy; change is hard isn’t it? You must work at it… and work isn’t a word that exists in your vocabulary, the old Infamous ‘work ethic’ shining through. You want everything to be given to you, and even I, with my new ‘attitude’ realize that will never be the case. I’m not saying that since I kicked Shaun in the balls, my life has flip turned and is everything I now want it to be, because it isn’t. I mean, speaking out against the board and the D.’s, that immediately earns their spite, Infamous should know this more than anyone. And only last week, Jessica ‘earned’ a title shot, the guy that effortlessly beat her once again not even in the running. Why? Because of every word that comes out of my mouth.

But that doesn’t change my targets, the goals by which I now drive myself. If anything, it proves that I have their attention. If anything, it shows that this ‘change’ was certainly for the better. And though there may have been initial hardship, coming up is Taking Hold of the Flame, just about the only match that SCW cannot fix. What can they do when I win Taking Hold of the Flame, and move on to headline Rise to Greatness, against whoever the World Champion is? Nothing. At least, nothing without proving every single one of my points.

Oh, they can place me early on the entry list like they did to Syren and Gavin Taylor. We all know that the world and his dog is just waiting for me to enter that ring, and them be the one to throw me out. Another example that I’m the one on everyone’s lips right now. That’s why facing you is such a big deal to me, an opponent with a real reputation. Like David Helms in stature, and just a few days prior to one of the biggest events on the wrestling calendar. This match isn’t just a throwaway like I’d been receiving every week prior to my ‘clarity’, it means something. Second only to Rise to Greatness, I get to make another statement, that will show every other person in the THOTF match that they shouldn’t seek me out, but actively stay out of my way. Oh, and if you take that Christy as I’m playing by your rules, focusing on the future like I reprimanded you for earlier, you’d be wrong. This is all about preparation, preparation for that huge opportunity to jump this bullshit line in front of me. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail, that’s the way the adage goes is it not? Beating you sends a warning to everyone in that match, that Owen Cruze isn’t playing games. And if you really want to know how far I’ll go to beat you Christy Matthews and go on to win taking Hold of the Flame, you and anyone else only must try me. This roster could do with a good dose of humility… and I’m exactly the person to provide it. And those sitting in their ivory towers with posh offices and flash cars are far from exempt.”

Owen plants both feet on the floor defiantly, his eyes widening showing an excitement that we have rarely seen over the last year. Someone who knew finally who he was, and what he needed to do to achieve not only his own goals, but the companies as well. In time he truly believed that this moment would be remembered for all time, the moment that Owen Cruze finally stepped from the shadows of all that came before him. When he showed he was so much more than a surname.

“But you know something Christy, one thing I can rely on this week? You ain’t going to be taking this match easily, and you won’t make the same mistakes you did with Bison. The reason for that is simple, there is just something about the Cruze name that gets the Infamous heckles up isn’t there? Just that fact that you are stepping into the ring with a member of the Cruze family gives it that little bit more edge, a touch more intention and effort required. We’ve heard it when Syren has ever spoke about us, we’ve heard it when it’s been Ravyn Taylor’s turn, and I can pretty much guarantee we are going to hear the EXACT same bullshit that we must endure EVERY SINGLE TIME, it’s like you all have ‘Cruze Tourette’s’ or something.”

He grins.

“But I want to leave you with one final thought Christy, something that you should digest very carefully before we face off tomorrow night. Don’t expect to face the ‘kid’ that Syren always admits has talent but isn’t in her league. Don’t think that you are stepping into the ring with the ‘little boy’ that Ravyn feels the need to try and ridicule as if it matters. But mostly, don’t believe for one second that you’re competing against someone who follows Olek as if he is some fucking modern day Pied Piper. This match, it takes place on MY terms. This match will see me playing by MY rules, and not the same old stale Cruze mentality you’ve experienced before. This match will see me face, and indeed defeat someone who I refuse to play underdog to, no matter how much you have achieved, and possibly still will. Christy, you’re good… no question, this wouldn’t be worthwhile if you weren’t. But I’m faster, fitter, stronger, more agile… simply put… I’m better. And tomorrow night in front of the world, I prove it. And serve notice on EVERYONE…”

His eyes narrow, his grin turns into a sneer.

“…This year, that flame… belongs to me.”

The camera zooms in on Owen’s face as he nods slowly, as the scene fades.