Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Jordan Majors vs. Katie Steward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP limit for singles

*NEW ROLEPLAY RULES IN EFFECT* - 3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Finding My Way
Australia - Last Month

Rise to Greatness was a giant let down. And a confusing clusterfuck. When I walked out of the arena I was told it was a success. I’d won. But I didn’t feel like a winner. Nicole disappeared before our match. I ended up facing Kelsai Adamson-Mason, who apparently developed some sort of issue with me out of nowhere. And in the end she showed up, one of Nicole’s many forms marched down to the ring and accused me of being behind her missing out match. A few days later I was sitting on a beach in Northern Australia, staring out at the Pacific Ocean.

Dawn: I don’t like that look…

Jordan: What?

Dawn: That look that you get when you’re overthinking everything.

Jordan: I don’t have a “look.”

Dawn: Yes, you do.

I turned and softly glared at Dawn. She was somehow more beautiful than that ocean horizon to me. It was irritating because I couldn’t just hate her. I rolled my eyes instead. That will show her.

Dawn: You have that look when you’re second guessing things in your career. You have that look when you’re second guessing your breakfast order.

Jordan: Now that just sounds crazy!

Dawn: We’ll, I saw it at breakfast this morning so who’s crazy?

I signed and turned on my lounge chair to look at her. The sun just barely kissed her skin under the umbrella that shadowed us.

Jordan: Can you blame me for wondering what the hell happened at Rise to Greatness?

Dawn: Babe, you’re on vacation. Scheme about that next month.

Jordan: We’ll have you at least texted your sister?

Dawn: I’m not going to do that.

Dawn laughed and I pouted.

Jordan: I just think she needs to know this wasn’t my fault. I don’t understand why someone would want to interfere with the match. We both prepared for months. And I don’t really love Nicole or the fact that she blames me. But I also don’t want her thinking I’d be willing to dip that low. I wanted that match. Why would I jeopardize it?

Dawn: Hey, you don’t have to convince me. And you really don’t need to worry about Britt either. She’s going to do what she’s going to do. None of us can change her mind. The most important thing is that you won—

I sighed loudly and groaned as I turned over in my chair and let my arms hang over the sides almost like a child throwing a tantrum.

Dawn: Babe? What on earth are you doing?

Jordan: I’m flailing. Just like my career. I’m so over being the almost this and the almost that. The freaking almost match at Rise to Greatness.

Dawn: You had a match. That you won by the way.

Jordan: I never wanted that match. Ever. Why would I want to fight Kelsai?

Dawn shrugged and laughed. I turned to look at her. She took a drink from a bottle in her hand and then looked at me.

Dawn: She was talking mad shit…

Jordan: Why are you talking like that? Who are you and what did you do with my girlfriend?

Dawn smiled and took another sip from her bottle. I turned and looked back toward the ocean waters.

Jordan: I’m trying not to obsess over it but… it left me really unsatisfied. You know? I so badly craved that moment that would be mine. A defining win over a storied opponent on the grandest stage of them all. And in my head… all I can decide is that she ducked the match. She took the lowest road possible and then tried to blame me to save face. And when I walked backstage people were looking at me like they thought maybe I did it.

Dawn: Come on. No one thought that.

Jordan: You didn’t see them, boo. You didn’t see the looks they were giving me.

Dawn: Why would anyone think that? It’s completely out of character for you to do something like that. So… no one thinks that.

Jordan: I don’t know. Something is off.

Dawn: What’s off is that we’re on vacation and you’re thinking about something that happened a few days ago. Relax. Let it go.

Jordan: You said I should live in the moment.

Dawn: Yes, and that was days ago.

Jordan: But it feels like one of those things that isn’t going away.

Dawn: Well I look forward to finding out if that’s the case. Next month.

Dawn smiled and pushed her sunglasses up her nose to cover her eyes. I looked at her for a moment more before turning my eyes back to the ocean-filled horizon. Something wasn’t right about what happened. But I didn’t know if it was wise to dwell on it. I’d taken this vacation with Dawn because we needed it. This time together before the schedule got crazy. Both in the ring and on the small screen. Season 2 was right around the corner. But how could I just forget it when my RTG moment was ruined? And how could I just ignore it in this moment when it felt like it would be coming back to haunt me as soon as I stepped back into SCW? I felt a hand squeeze mine and I looked down to see Dawn grasping hold of me. For the moment, I forced it out of my mind.

A Few Days Later

Dawn and I were having a great trip. I’d pushed the thoughts of Nicole out of my mind as much as I could. But as the days went by, I still felt unsatisfied with the way the event played out. I found myself looking at the days left on this trip and wishing they were longer. I didn’t want to return and face reality. Dawn and I were eating dinner one night when I must have been making that trademarked face again. She calmly put her fork down and leaned against the table in front of me and just stared at me.

Dawn: It has consumed you.

Jordan: I’m sorry…

Dawn: You won’t even say what now or try to deny it. You knew exactly what I was talking about.

I put my fork down and leaned against the table in the same manner she had. I looked across to her. I smiled and sighed softly.

Jordan: I was thinking about a lot of things. I love wrestling, but…

Dawn: But!? What do you mean?

Jordan: Very little has gone right in my career. I had all these dreams when I signed with SCW. I wanted to conquer professional wrestling. I don’t have a lot to my name. I have a lot of almosts and what ifs. This is just… another one of those. I almost fought Nicole at Rise to Greatness. And I know in my heart I would have won. But that’s just a what if. Because the truth is, this was taken from me. Just like so many things have been taken from me…

I sighed again and looked off to the side.

Jordan: I’m not trying to be such a downer right now, babe. I’m just really starting to wonder if this is the right fit me.

Dawn: I’m not.

Jordan: Why? With everything you’ve seen me try and fail to do. Kandis and Tommy just won their fourth title as a team. Cookie and I seemed lightyears above them last fall and now Cookie doesn’t even wrestle. Is it me?

Dawn: Jordan, stop! That doubt you have. That doubt is the enemy. I don’t doubt that you belong in SCW and I don’t doubt that you are capable of reaching greater heights. Hell, Selena is the world champion and even she thinks you’re right on the cusp of something great. You can’t let that doubt consume you. I thought we were over this confidence issue.

Jordan: Heh… I don’t even know if it’s about confidence. It’s about loving professional wrestling. It was my first love. Lately, I don’t know if I’ve felt in love with it as much. Something has slipped… I don’t know.

Dawn stood and brought her chair to my side of the table and sat it down to face me closer.

Dawn: Trust me. It’s that doubt. I know it’s deep seeded in you for some reason. But you are more capable than I think you even realize. I’ve seen so many come and go in this company, this industry even. You’re not the same as those that couldn’t hang. You can hang with anybody. You’re just still looking for that next gear. How do you know that this thing with Nicole isn’t it?

Jordan: Because this thing with Nicole isn’t even happening. She was either kidnapped or locked herself in the bathroom or just didn’t want to fight me.

Dawn: You really think this is over that easily?

I stopped for a moment. Dawn had a smile on her face. She was trying to lead me down a path to say no. To smile back. She was trying to steer this in a better direction. But I just simply shrugged my shoulders at her. She let out a sigh and grabbed my hand. She leaned forward and turned more serious.

Dawn: You’re not done with Nicole yet.

Jordan: You texted Britt then?

Dawn: Shut up for a second!

I shot her a look with narrowed eyes and she smiled innocently.

Dawn: Sorry. I just… listen for a second here. You still have so much left to leave in that ring. Not everyone shows up and dominates from day one. Some people never do. But you? You show flashes of it all the time. I just feel like you would regret it if you walked away from SCW. You’re still going to have a match with Nicole. You still need to beat her.

Jordan: I wanted Nicole at Rise to Greatness!

Dawn: So? You’re putting too much stock into Rise to Greatness. At the end of the day none of that matters. You have Trios to think about. What if management decides to throw Fatal Fortunes back into the mix? You can’t put all of your focus into one weekend of every summer. That one event is big, yes, but it’s just a microcosm of an entire year’s worth of moments. Don’t get caught up in the lore. Don’t get caught thinking about your legacy in this company. Go back and let yourself remember why you fell in love with wrestling in the first place.

Jordan: How do I even do that?

Dawn smiled again and shook her head. She pulled my hand to her lips and kissed it and then looked at me.

Dawn: You’re the girl of a thousand questions, but all of them are ones only you can answer.

I shot her a curious look and tilted my head.

Dawn: Just think about it. It will come to you. Somewhere in that amazing mind of yours is the answer you’re looking for. But not everything will just reveal itself to you. Sometimes you have to find the answers on your own. And sometimes it takes more than just a few seconds to figure it out.

I didn’t have a response for that. Dawn smiled when I didn’t say anything. She stood up and placed her hands on each side of my cheeks and kissed me on the lips before returning her chair to her side of the table. In a way, it worked. I didn’t bring up wrestling again the rest of our trip. But it wasn’t because I wasn’t thinking about it. I just pushed it back into the back of my mind and let it fester. Dawn’s words were sticking with me. I was constantly trying to figure out what the solution was.

Back Home

The day after we returned home I was hit with a phone call from my agent Karen. Most of it was her typical droning on and on about this and that. I’d learned to shut her off for the most part during those calls. I could listen for some sort of particular clue here or there that I needed to respond to. Otherwise? I ignored her completely. But when I heard her mention SCW, my mind started to go off in another direction. I cut her off.

Jordan: Karen?

Karen: Yes, hun?

Jordan: Is there anything around that you can find for me in the ring?

Karen: I’m sorry? Aren’t we talking about SCW right now?

Jordan: No, I…

I stopped myself and laughed softly before running a hand through my hair.

Jordan: I’m hoping for something else. Maybe… one of those companies that runs the internet shows. Can you look around?

Karen: Oh my god!? You’re leaving SCW!?

Jordan: What!? No! Karen, I just… I just want to see something. I want to see if there’s anything out there. Just to know. I’m not even committing to anything. Can we do that?

The line went silent for a few moments. I looked at the phone to make sure we were still connected.

Jordan: Karen?

Karen: Yes, sorry. I’m… confused. But ok. I’ll see what I can find. Just… promise me you won’t go rogue on me and do something stupid.

Jordan: No promises!

Karen: Jordan! Don’t you--

I hung up the call and tossed the phone away and sat there.

Jordan: Going rogue…

Yes, I spoke to myself as I thought about it. Karen’s words had sparked something in my mind. I picked up my phone and scrolled around. My eyes stopped on something and I tilted my head as I thought about it. This wasn’t really my realm anymore. But I knew someone who probably could help me with that. For now, I had to focus on getting back to work in the ring. In just a week or so, we’d be right back to hitting the road. And I had to be ready for whatever Nicole threw at me next.
Promo

A camera turns on and shows Jordan Majors in front of it setting it up. She paces in the room for a moment before sitting down in a chair and running both hands through her blonde hair. She slowly looks up at the camera.

I've got a lot of things to get off my chest. I'm just going to go straight into this. At Rise to Greatness... I was robbed. I was robbed of what I wanted. I spent more than a month preparing for someone they told me I couldn't prepare for. I was ready. When I walked into that weekend I knew I was going to beat Nicole. I wanted that moment. It was stolen from me. And frankly, I'm pissed off about it. I worked toward that, and the rug was ripped out from beneath my teeth. I've gone back and forth on who to blame, and I don't know who it is. I'm totally lost on who to point the finger at.

Jordan shakes her head and sighs, obviously frustrated.

Nicole, you should know better. You barely know me, sure, but ducking that match? It isn't me. You are confused if you think it is. A big part of me has sat and thought... did she hide on purpose? Was she not ready? I don't want to believe that though. Because I saw damn near every version of your personality on the lead up to this match. And even if Ducky locked herself somewhere, any of the other three would kick the door off its hinges to get to this. As much as I wanted this moment, I know how badly you wanted to get your return to the ring.

And then Britt, I don't know. I think the world probably knows now that I'm dating your sister. And somehow here we are at odds. You sucker punched me, Britt. I don't appreciate it. It feels like you're fueling the conspiracy theory that I had something to do with this. I don't really appreciate that, either. So you've got me standing here at a bit of a crossroads. Do I have to fight my girlfreind's sister? I've never had a real issue with you. I think it's always just been our competitive nature that comes out. But you're involved in this now. Instead of letting Nicole and I do this, you keep showing up. Now you put your hands on me. How am I supposed to react to that, Britt? You let me know when you watch that security footage and - surprise - you don't see Jordan Majors in it.

Jordan runs a hand through her hair again. Still showing frustration.

I don't like this game you two are playing. You're like a discount Sherlock and Watson or Batman and Robin trying to solve the grand crime of what happened to your sidekick. I don't have the answers to your whodunnit mystery. But I have a bone to pick with whoever is responsible for all of this crap. And if it's one of you, so help me... I don't even want to think about what I'd want to do to you. So for starters, when I walk into the ring this week to face Katie Steward, can you keep your asses out of it and let me do my thing? Or is this going to be the constant? Are you two just going to be a consistent thorn in my side. I already spent every moment since Rise to Greatness thinking about what happened. I won't forget about it. I still want my match.

So now I turn my attention to Katie. We've fought so much in my three years in SCW. These are always battles. You're one of the greatest female competitors in the history of this company. Even if you're not fighting at quite the level you used to, I know there's always the chance that you'll dig down deep and bring out the skill that made you a superstar in this business. I don't think we've ever seen eye-to-eye, but how could we? How could anyone see eye-to-eye with you and your crew. You're all practically living on an alternate earth with your attitudes. In the past I might have waited to see what you say this week, have a little laugh at those eloquent words, and then get ready to fight you.

Jordan smirks and shakes her head.

But we're so far beyond that now. Because this mess with Nicole and Britt has me beyond irritated. I've been dying to get back into the ring and I didn't care who it was against. I just wanted to hit someone. I said I have a lot to get off my chest. It's not just mental. I have a lot I need to get out physically. And there you'll be standing across the ring from me. Not only someone who always tests my mettle in the ring, but someone I can finally hit and take this out on. When that bell rings, you might as well be Nicole. Maybe Britt. Or whoever this mystery person is who is behind all of this. It's wrong of me to say, I know, but I almost want to hurt someone. I need some sort of... justice to all of this. I'm mad, Katie. And I'm sorry that they booked me to take it out on you. But that's just the way it is.

I never overlook a match. I would never let myself do that. Maybe you think you can catch me so obsessed with these other issues that you could steal this from me. That's not going to happen, Katie. All the goddess magic you can muster will not stop me from getting what I need here. I need to fight. I need to win. And then... I need to get answers. This is the biggest injustice of my career. I've fought, and clawed, and scratched my way through this company and so often it has been without resolution. You've won so much here, Katie. You understand how important it is. I would be lucky to have half the career you've had in SCW. But I haven't had the opportunity to do anything close to it. So that's why this situation pisses me off so much. And that's why you'll be losing to me.

Jordan shrugs and stares into the camera.

I'm done with waiting for my turn. I waited for this match and look how that helped me? I have to start taking what I want. That means I need to beat you, and it means I have to beat Nicole when I FINALLY get the match I asked for. You had your time, Katie. I'm sick and tired of having the establishment of this company tell me my time will come. I don't want to be on the rise anymore. Did you see that poster for my match at Rise to Greatness? It said 2019 Star of Tomorrow. Three years in this company and that's what I have. No nickname. No big time accomplishments that define me. It's time to change that. Everyone else has tried to take the narrative from me and control the variables to protect themselves. I have to take that back that control.

So at Breakdown this week, I will beat a legend. I've beaten you before, Katie, but this one will be different. I'm out to prove something. The almost era of Jordan Majors, it died at Rise to Greatness. From this moment on, I start rewriting the chapters of my story in SCW. I show the entire world that they've been overlooking a hidden gem that was right there before their very eyes. It all starts this week, Katie, and it all begins against you. I look forward to Thursday, Goddess. I can't wait to Cash Out on you. You can take that to the bank, because Jordan Majors IS money.

Jordan stares at the camera for a moment longer before leaning forward and ending the video.
SCW Goddess | Katie Steward | Goddess Noir 'Plans Change'

{The episode starts in Supreme City outside of Katie and TJ’s Private Investigation building. The scene opens to Gigi and Maddy Steward walking out onto the street. Gigi wearing her Brat Club outfit. They are standing in the crowd of people passing through and going about their day in the busy city. Gigi looks around trying to figure out her surroundings and where Katie could be hiding.}

Madison Steward: So Katie is somewhere in the city hiding from the cops?

Giovanna Steward: That’s what Katelyn said and with Hurse as the cop he isn’t going to give up the chase. I can’t believe Katie murdered Robin… well I mean, it took this long to happen.

Madison Steward: So weird.

Giovanna Steward: I don’t know where she could be?

Madison Steward: Well we know this is a world Katie build. We just have to follow her script. If this is noir, then maybe Katie didn’t murder Robin. Maybe they framed her and we have to clear her name.

Giovanna Steward: You think? If that’s true. Katie had to leave us breadcrumbs to help us figure it out and clear her name. Eventually lead us to her.

Madison Steward: Alright, so where would the first breadcrumb be?

{Gigi and Maddy stand in the middle of the sidewalk and figuring out where they should begin looking.}

___________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene changes to another motel safe house that Katie is hiding out in. Katie sits on the bed still in her white suit. She listens to the SCW live event on the radio. The announcer calling the action like an old school fight match. Katie waits for TJ to return. There is a knock on the motel room door. Katie shuts off the radio and steps up off the bed. Katie opens the door the door to let TJ into the room, except standing on the other side of the door is Robin Brooks.}

{Katie is just a bit shocked at seeing a murdered woman standing in front of her. She does the only thing she can think of on the spot and slams the door on Robin’s face. Katie holds herself up against the door holding in shut. She shuts her eyes and tries to forget what she saw. It can’t be. Katie moves and opens the door again to take a peek outside. Too her relief there is nothing. She lets out a chuckle as she can only assume the stress is getting to her. Katie closes the door and turns around only to see Robin Brooks standing in front of her. Katie jumps backwards slamming the door shut behind her and letting out a scream.}

Katie Steward: Robin, are you haunting me?

Robin Brooks: Well… do you remember that hilarious conversation we say awhile ago? Where I said that if anything were to happen that I would totally haunt you for the rest of life? Isn’t it funny how things work out?

Katie Steward: Yeah, that is just hilarious. I’m just so lucky. It’s just one slight problem I’m having with it all. I’m not the one that murdered you. Why am I the one being haunted?

{Robin shrugs her shoulders at Katie not really having an answer for her.}

Katie Steward: Great. This is just what I need. Already have Hurse hunting me down accused of the crime. Now this.

{Katie walks away from the door and around the room. She stands over by the nightstand away from the windows to now be seen.}

Katie Steward: You know what this is? This is some kind of trick. The Goddess is testing me. She hijacks my noir film, frames me of Robin’s murder and not she send Robin’s ghost to mess with my head and gets me to confess.

Robin Brooks: Clever. So how are you going to get out of this?

Katie Steward: Shut up!

{Katie grabs the lamp on the nightstand and chucks it at Robin. It flies pass her and breaks against the wall.}

Robin Brooks: Yeah. Not looking good for your defense with throwing objects at me.

Katie Steward: You’re not really here.

Robin Brooks: Well maybe I’m here not to haunt you, but to help you off your butt and to go out and solve my murder.

Katie Steward; I told you I can’t. Hurse is out for blood.

Robin Brooks: Wow. You’re afraid of Steven. I don’t believe it.

Katie Steward: I’m not afraid. I just need to think and let the heat die a little before making my next move. TJ is out checking for me.

{Katie walks over and sits back down on the bed. Robin walks over and joins her.}

Robin Brooks: You’re still hiding.

Katie Steward: Of course I’m hiding. The Goddess is like one stuff ahead of me. Even if I could figure out how she did it. There is no way I can get out there and find it.

Robin Brooks: Maybe try the Kobayashi Maru.

Katie Steward: How would I pull that off? I can’t beat her, so I… Oh my Goddess…

{Katie leaps up from the bed and darts out of the room. Robin is left with a smile like she knows what Katie is thinking. Robin gets up from the bed and follows Katie and the two leave the scene.}

{A few minutes later TJ Johnson shows up and walks through the open door. He is suspicious and notices the broken lamp on the floor.}

TJ Johnson: Katie? Oh no, this isn’t good.

{TJ spins around and runs back of out the room and in the opposite direction Katie left in as the scene fades.}

___________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene changes to Gigi and Maddy arriving at Sasha D’s mansion. They walk up the steps and knock on the door.}

Giovanna Steward: Sasha said Katie and TJ worked their first case for her. So there should be something that maybe give us a clue where Katie is.

Madison Steward: This place is huge. Sasha definitely a mob princess in this world. She’s going to know something. Katie might even be hiding out here.

{The door of the home opens and the Butler opens it for Gigi and Maddy and welcomes them inside.}

Giovanna Steward: Thank you. Where is Sasha?

{The butler directs Gigi and Maddy to the room where they can find Sasha in. Thy walk into the room and find Sasha sitting on the couch watching TV. Gigi and Maddy walk around it and look at Sasha who is distracted by the TV.}

Giovanna Steward: Hey Sasha, we have some questions we’d like to ask you about the case you had Katie do.

Madison Steward: Yeah, like are you letting her hide out somewhere on the grounds here?

Giovanna Steward: Maddy.

Madison Steward: What? She could be. Robin stashed Hurse at Katie’s home when she kidnapped him.

Giovanna Steward: Sasha, do you know where Katie is?

Sasha D.: Yes.

Madison Steward: See. I knew it.

Sasha D.: She’s on TV.

{Gigi and Maddy spins around to the TV to catch the Breaking News of Katie turning herself in for Robin’s murder.}

Giovanna Steward: Oh, son of a…

{Gigi turns and leaves the room.}

Madison Steward: Wow, she doesn’t make this easy.

{Sasha and Maddy continue to watch the breaking news as the scene fades.}

{The scene changes to Toronto, Ontario, Canada at the SCW Studio for Katie Steward late show talk show. The light on the camera turns on and Katie Steward sits behind her desk in front of a live studio audience. The monitor next to her is paused on the current scene.}

Katie Steward: We are back for another year. More stories to tell and bring to all of you, the fans. I know things don’t look too great for Katie Steward. She’s kind of stuck in a bit of a Kobayashi Maru situation and yes TJ is annoying that I know what that means. Katie Steward will find her way out of this and continue on. I promise. Which brings me to Jordan Majors. Someone that I don’t know very well, but has an awful lot to say about me. So like, she is basically anyone in SCW and social medias.

{Katie’s studio audience begins to boo loudly as Katie talks of her opponent. Katie holds up her hand to keep them calm and lower their volume.}

Katie Steward: Now I’m not going to take her lightly. She is someone who has plenty of friends and the fans love her very much. Her having the opportunity of challenging me on Breakdown is a very big deal. For the both of us. I have my goals and my plans and I plan on continuing those efforts and nothing is going to stop me. Nothing Jordan can do will beat me. I am an unstoppable force that no matter how hard SCW tries, I will prevail. I will continue on giving the best performance I can give. I will keep the audience glued to their screen with the best stories that I can write. No matter what happens. Just to make things clear. We will open SCW’s eyes to the amazing talent that is, Katie Steward. This will be SCW’s finest year yet. I am quite glad that I get to take Jordan Majors on the ride. We’re not going to do anything crazy because the woman is already a lost cause like everyone in the locker room. For one night though she’ll have something special. It’s a new year and everyone is changing up their goals, but Katie Steward just has one. To be Great.

{Katie lifts her head up and smiles big for the camera thinking about how amazing she is. Her own studio audience applauds in approval of course as the scene and the episode fade.}