Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Ravyn Taylor vs. Cid Turner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP limit for singles

*NEW ROLEPLAY RULES IN EFFECT* - 3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, September 1, 2021
When it comes to the new RP limit, Ravyn is honestly the character I knew how I'd write the least. Her style of lengthy prose written to herself is something I really enjoy writing, and I didn't know how to continue that short of simply splitting one diary entry into 3 separate RPs, which would be ridiculous and her story would get even further behind.

So instead I've decided that for weekly shows where the limit applies I'm going to try doing this instead. Rather than a full CD I'll simply do an excerpt from that diary entry that tells part of the full story. That'll either add an air of mystery to things, as she's written more in the diary than you as the reader will know, or it'll be very confusing as she'll reference things which never actually "happened". Not sure which way it'll come across. Hopefully it works though.

This is my first attempt at that style. So, um... enjoy?

[Image: thediary.png]

Ravyn Taylor's Diary
An excerpt dated May 15th, 2019
One year ago, I sat here in a negative state and spoke of the new world of SCW.

I put Jordan Majors on a pedestal, saying that even in defeat at the hands of Sienna Swann, she made her mark in SCW and looked to be a superstar on the rise. Truly, a star of tomorrow.

On the other side of the spectrum, David Helms put on a winning performance that gave me confidence in myself. Coming back to SCW after taking almost ten years off from professional wrestling was a daunting task, but I was determined. Even if I just came back to lose to Dark Fantasy and call it a day, I had to do it. But David made me think bigger. If he could come back after a hiatus and have a second run that was even more notable than his first, then why couldn’t I? 

My first task after Rise to Greatness was taking on The Wonderland with Asher by my side, which was worrying considering everything I’d heard about ‘em. I mean, these people go around and give people hallucinations and toss mannequins off of roofs, and that was only the beginning. Get in the ring with any of those three and you could end up with a broken neck or glass in your mouth.

But, y’know, I’d already dealt with what I called “the greatest tag team of all time,” Dark Fantasy. I really did believe that too. It wasn’t just the accolades, though that made the argument a lot easier. It was more than that. I’d shared the ring with ‘em and I could feel it. Their aura as a unit. I gave everything I had that night and it wasn’t enough, and in retrospect, that’s not really that surprising. Last year at Rise to Greatness, Dark Fantasy beat A/C Unit and they absolutely deserved that win.

God, things have changed.

Jordan Majors is less of a star of tomorrow and more of an example of someone who has just enough to make it near the top, but not enough to actually be on top. Some people just don't have it in ‘em. No shame in that, it's just the truth. That Jordan, she's a good kid.

David Helms is long gone. In his place, I carry the torch of old glory as the standard bearer of men over forty in the world of professional wrestling.

The Wonderland have all but disappeared after getting themselves suspended to prove a point…or something. What kind of point? I don’t know. All they’ve done since I’ve come back is suffer defeat and I’ve yet to see this so-called point, but maybe it’ll reveal itself after Gio’s ninety days is up.

As far as Dark Fantasy goes, they’re not even on the same side anymore, are they? I didn’t see Ravyn at ringside during my match with Syren, wearing that glare that she wears so well. But now, on Breakdown, I'll get a close up of that mug, presenting a chance to prove that there're two fellows who deserve to take up the mantle of the greatest tag team ever in place of Dark Fantasy.

Who would’ve thought that after a year, all of these people that I spoke so highly of would be struggling to find their place in the company while Cid Turner was on his way to becoming the World Champion for the second time in a year?

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even think this was a possibility, so I doubt any of you did, but the question is do you all still doubt me still? With a few exceptions---we'll call ‘em outliers---with a few outliers, I've done everything asked of me and beyond. At what point does me getting one over on someone no longer count as an “upset?”

Maybe this week? At Rise to Greatness, I put down the most accomplished competitor in the history of this sport to guarantee an opportunity to get A/C Unit's title back and now I’m going to settle the second part of that old score by taking out her other half.

I’ll be honest, Ravyn, you left me shaken the last time we departed one another. Leading up to our match last year, you swore that you would be the one to crush my dreams. While everyone - including me - seemed to have stars in their eyes in regards to my return, you stood completely jaded to that inspirational story, unmoved by any sappy kind of clichés. 

Your stoicism was honestly terrifying. You didn’t give a damn about anything. You just wanted to prove that if anyone wanted to do anything here, you’d be there to show them that they can’t, not as some sort of power play, but just because you found it fun…though, I’m sure if you were ever honest, you’d say it was a little bit about that feeling of power. C’mon, it’s great to be a dream killer. I’ve spent the last year doing it! It’s kept me afloat!

I’m just glad that we didn’t know each other in school. I have a feeling that we both would’ve been in the “special class” for different reasons and that you would have spent your days letting me know that I’m not allowed to be happy or have nice things, molding me into an even more disturbed person than I already am.

But, seriously, you got me. You were the one who got the pin in our match and you did exactly what you said you would: stood over me in victory and had me asking myself what I was going to do now that everything I hoped for myself was nevermore.

I didn’t know the answer to that question for a long time. I was just drifting along in hopes that I’d find out.

Tell me, do you think I figured it out?

You and Syren were completely right about me. I didn’t know what I was doing. I haven’t known what I’ve been doing since the moment I came back, but I think it’s all kind of just…clicked. Something about beating your better half - spiritually speaking, of course - just served as a wake up call.

I’ve finally found myself. The problem I’m having is that - not unlike when I first came back - I find myself with some baggage left over from my previous life. Now, that doesn’t start with Selena Frost, it’ll end with her, but first, we begin with you, Ravyn.

Like when I faced your life partner just over a month ago, I’m coming at this with a whole different mindset compared to last time. No longer am I the hero coming in to conquer the evil that is Infamous. But, look, let’s be honest…you are Goddamn evil, but that’s fine! If there’s one thing I learned from Holly, it’s that it’s nice to be important, but it’s important to not be nice. I may not practice that, but I respect it because my life coach preaches it and I respect my life coach!

And hey, I respect you too. I’m not sure if I used to, if I’m being honest. Is fear respect? If it is, then I guess maybe I respected you then, but I’d say I definitely do now. I think that’s why this whole thing between A/C Unit and Dark Fantasy has stuck with me for so long. If you weren’t important to me, then why would I still give a damn?

I’ll admit, you’re not as important to me as Syren is, but don’t let that get you down, and don’t let it convince you that I’m overlooking you. I’m not. It’s just the way it is, man. You ever had someone that you just have that connection with?

Oh, God, what am I saying? Yes! Of course you understand! We share that connection with the very same woman! Like you and Crowe share that connection with Syren, you and I do the very same with her, just in an unofficial capacity. That’s not to say that I’m ready to become the fourth leg in your current throuple, but my point is that you should understand where I’m coming from.

But we’re still important to one another. Last year, I gave you something to do. You wanted to cut the cord on my return and A/C Unit’s awakening and, honestly, you put in a valiant effort. You almost had me there. You made me realize that work I’d have to put in to prove you wrong. Who knows? Without you pinning Asher last year, would I be where I am now in the middle of the run of my life? You might’ve played a major part in me becoming SCW Champion! Even when you’re not trying, you’re still the puppet master!

And on Thursday, you’ll once again play a role in me getting back to the top. Unfortunately, I have to move on after this. Maybe we’ll meet again one day in an official Rise to Greatness rematch with Asher by my side and Syren by yours and A/C Unit’ll set things right, but for now, you’re nothing but a loose end to me. A very meaningful loose end, but, still, a loose end, and I have every intention of tying you up, nice and neat before I walk away.

I think we should dedicate this match to moving on. To evolve and blossom into the beautiful creature you’re meant to be, you have to let go of the past, and that’s what I’m planning to do over the next month.

For the last year, I’ve been in a negative state. Never believing in myself, always relying on others to help me, and just getting sucked into the black hole that is regret. Even after I beat Matt Hodges and Chad Evans, they were still there, hanging on my heart like an anchor, no matter how much I tried to ignore ‘em. Losing to you and Syren hung over my head like the dark cloud that you promised. Seeing Selena Frost parade around as World Champion in the main event of Rise to Greatness literally made me sick to my damn stomach.

But, hey, that’s over. We’re in the here and now, where I’m entering a new state of mind. And right now, I’m looking forward to adding your name to my list of defeated opponents, right next to Syren where you rightfully belong. 

And really, if you’ve been listening, it’s not just about me and you. This is about Syren and Asher too. Asher got what he needed from you both. He stopped Syren from having a legendary run with the Television Championship and then he prevented you from getting your claws on the World Championship. He did his part and now I’m gonna prove to him - and to you - that I’m capable of doing mine.

Part of healing your heart and soul is settling old debts and moving forward. After I beat you on Breakdown, consider us even. Consider that debt settled. It’s time to move on. To move on, I have to beat you, and then I can continue to leave behind the negative state.

And you know what? I think you need to move on just as much as me. You’re not in a good way right now, are you? That’s okay. Let’s get through this side-by-side. While we’ll arrive in different ways, with you looking up at the lights, and with me standing tall, our destination can be the same. Together, let’s enter a positive state.
My second for the week.

[Image: thediary.png]

Ravyn Taylor's Diary
An excerpt dated May 19th, 2019