Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Shilo Valiant vs. Autumn Valentine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP limit for singles

*NEW ROLEPLAY RULES IN EFFECT* - 3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, September 8 2021
This would have been up like AN HOUR ago if Tyler didn't keep distracting me.

(Yes, I posted that for my last one. It's true again. Although in his defence, I was also complicit in distracting myself this time too)

Enjoy.

Life in Seasons
Book Two, Chapter Twenty-Seven
Send in the Clown

Chapter 11 – Part 1: To Rise, then Fall…

It would seem the reports of my death have been somewhat exaggerated…

Heh, heh, heh. Alright, perhaps not the reports of my ‘death’ per say. After all, I highly doubt that people were questioning my survival coming out of Rise to Greatness. Not unless I, somehow, got a heart attack while making my way up the ramp from my match – OR! OR! OR! – I laughed myself to death after dumping Holly Adams onto the “Desperate Housewives” reject cast list! That would have been possible…

So perhaps no one assumed that I was dead, but after showing no signs of existence on the first Breakdown of SCW post Rise to Greatness, I certainly did hear the rumors of my “future”, as it were, within SCW.

Was this Shilo’s last match?
Was Shilo done/gone from SCW?
Would Shilo return?

And other such variants of the same question. And truthfully, I can’t blame any of you for thinking that. That WOULD be the way I’d want to retire.

Rise to Greatness.
A show-stealer of a match.
Entertaining the masses.
Leaving with the last laugh.

My efforts of that weekend certainly…seemingly… ticked off all those boxes. A TLC match, stealing the show compared to the other fatal fourway where Christy Matthews, after her hundredth attempt to become Supreme Champion finally succeeded, and the ‘same-old-style’ main-event that Ace Marshall failed to win, giving him a RTG record that I’d never suffer from. Additionally, I clearly had entertained the masses. For gods’ sake, they had been been cheering me at some points! – A side note: I am not sure if that was because I amazed them or because it was only me they could get behind over Holly, Cassidy and Ricky… still, entertained they had been. And as for the last laugh? Well… though I hadn’t retained the championship, I certainly had a laugh at Holly’s expense…

It had seemed like a fair and decent exchange. After all, how much had Holly taken from me? The excuses? The whining? The disrespect? How much had I given her? Humored her? I mean, had I not GIVEN her a second chance, same as Datura? Had I not gifted a title shot to Cassidy, who had done NOTHING to earn it? I even allowed Ricky to take part in Datura’s place, even though he had, like the others, done ZERO to earn it.

But back to Holly, after all I had allowed and given, I feel like I was justified in dumping her off the ladder. I mean… the dumb woman was expecting me to lift the ladder and parade her around as she held the title! When, whether I was the good guy or bad guy, did I EVER parade someone around?! 

But doesn’t that just enforce what I have said? How little people seem to understand who I am – how little people get “The Man Who Laughs”? I don’t play ‘supporting role’ at Rise to Greatness. I don’t let people take my spotlight when they haven’t earned it… and Holly Adams has FAR from earned MY spotlight…

But back to the present, my absence from SCW had little to do with RTG or SCW management and more to do with me. You see, my audience, I had some thinking to put together. Unlike all of you, I KNEW that I wasn’t done. I KNEW that I wasn’t finished with SCW. True, I had a decent RTG-event that ticked off the boxes I spoke of earlier… but that’s like saying you had an ‘okay’ burger rather than a burger that knocked your lights out and made you realize that you had had THE PERFECT burger in your life.

That didn’t happen to me. That was what had been missing that night. I hadn’t felt “it”. I hadn’t felt the curtain falling. Hadn’t felt the click in my mind that said “we’re done. The show is finally over…”. Even as I struggled to get to the back, so much of my body aching from the tables and chairs and ladders, I knew that I wasn’t done. I knew that wasn’t it… if I had any say.

But, as you know from my previous chapters, my ‘say’ was up in the air. After all, have you forgotten about the woman that I had asked to come with me to RTG? Of the promise I had made her earlier? 

I didn’t. And I am a person that honors their word. If I say I am going to do something – if I give my word on something, then I am determined to see it through. If I fail to uphold it due to circumstances beyond my control, then that is one thing. If I deceive to entertain, that could be another (Not something I’d like to employ, but the entertainment would certainly justify such acts if necessary). But outside of wrestling, outside of being an ‘entertainer’ and just being a ‘person’, a ‘father’, if I give my word, I am hellbent in keeping it. Otherwise, what would Marina or my son think of me? A liar? Worse?

Sounds silly, perhaps, but with fate my constant tormentor and me its unwilling pawn and sometimes ‘bitch’, I found myself needing the certainty of such things I could control in my life.

And by my word, I had sworn that after Rise, I would go with Marina to see her choice of doctor regarding my left leg. Even the brace had not protected me completely during the TLC match. It had taken weeks to fully recover from the bumps and bruises from that match and now… now… now I owed Marina a full examination. More than that, I had given my word that ‘if the doctor forbade me to compete on it… I would abide’.

Did I want that? If you ask that question after all you have just heard, then you haven’t completely been paying attention and further don’t know me. Of course I didn’t want that.

I wanted my owed rematch with Holly Adams after the second title shot I had GIVEN her.
I wanted to fight more of the young talent that kept coming through the doors, if Ricky James was any indication of them.
I wanted to get comeuppance on Ace Marshall! Yes, I still wanted to put that bastard through a table – and I’d be lying if I hadn’t breathed a sigh of relief that he wasn’t the world champion.
I wanted to try and last another year and ‘try my hand again’ at getting that Rise to Greatness moment…

To be honest, that last part haunted me. Hurt me, actually. Let me take you back. Do you all recall the “Rise to Greatness highlights” SCW kept shoving at you at the Breakdown shows? Some of the ‘biggest moments in RTG history’ shown week after week?

None of them involved me.

None of my making history in RTG my headlining it three times in a row (a record that still stands, by the way).
None of my “match of the decade” with Syren at RTG X nearly ten years ago.
None of my victories against the likes of CHBK or Konrad Raab.
None of my war with Aaron Blackbourne in what should have been the feud of the year…

It was like… like it never happened. Like my early years in SCW meant nothing. No one understood why I felt SCW was “MY pay-per-view”. How could they know? How could they understand? When my history, my years of dominance and entertainment, were conveniently left out?

No, this isn’t me going on a tear of some ‘conspiracy theory’ about management holding me back or the boss having a vendetta against me personally after all I had given him. Even if that were true, I doubt it was relevant know with people far more deranged and disrespectful than me running around SCW like the Jackals and Lexy’s little harem. 

Rather, what came to me was a sobering reality. Time was the culprit in all of this. My work, my masterpieces of wrestling and entertainment – my immortal body of work (or so I thought it was immortal) – was already fading to nothing. To mere obscurity…

And what of this year? Six months as the Adrenaline champion… The longest reigning champion of 2021 so far. How easily would THAT be forgotten? How easily would people forget about the ‘second coming’ of Shilo Valiant? Even if I, somehow, became World Champion again! If I found some way to be good enough to be back on that level! To be entertaining to the point where I created new feuds and moments to reignite the masses’ opinion and remembrance of me… would it all not fade away again after I left? After the curtain was drawn and I was, once more, gone from the ring?

There was a certain gloom to such doom. The inevitable conclusion. The cruel joke that came about the truth that ‘people forget’. And, for all intents and purposes, that should have been enough for me to want to quit. To give up and walk away. To leave SCW rather than risk my life and health over some impossible task of immortality – of eternal remembrance. 

And yet… I laughed.

I did. I laughed at that. More accurately, I laughed at myself. Because… someone sane help me… I STILL wanted to wrestle! I still wanted to compete in SCW. I still WANTED to entertain, even if I would be forgotten in a few years’ time. Even if I was nothing more than a plaque or whisper in the SCW Hall of Fame. Even if I, the supposed “World’s Greatest Showman”, faded into little more than a corner of the SCW archives, pictures and DVDs gathering dust somewhere… old and forgotten… I didn’t want to stop yet.

I laughed at myself in that regard. Laughed at my own foolishness and stupidity. That I was praying, quietly, to the gods, many of whom I had forsaken long ago, that the doctor would clear me – would grant me some kind of ‘way’ to continue to compete. Some way… another laugh at myself… I was praying for some kind of ‘miracle drug’ to undo the damage that I was responsible for.

It was true. It had been Masquerade long ago that had damaged my knee by taking a wrench to it. And part of me, for so many months, had wanted to hunt down Stephan Strange, the man you all knew as Masquerade, and hold him accountable. To say that I hated him for a span of time… well, let me put it to you this way… there was a time that I hated him more than the man who burnt my face, Jason Zero. My face, scarred on the side, had only damaged my looks. How many years had Masquerade shaved off my career – my life – with his attacks? But had I not encouraged his wrath by surpassing him? Had I not kept going despite knowing that such lingering damage existed? Had I not been foolish enough to think there’d be no ‘long-term effects’? I had survived getting BURNED for fucks’ sake! What was a metal tool to the knee supposed to do?

All of these thoughts, my past and my future, swirled through my head, like an emotional tornado as I sat there in the plastic chair of white, waiting for my name to be called, dreading it with every fiber of my being. Longing to run from this. Longing to lose myself in another “plan to entertain” – I was currently contemplating methods to deal with Ace Marshall once I returned to Breakdown and SCW. The bastard still owed me some entertainment after failing in grand fashion in my dealings with Holly Adams, and for turning on me and trying to have me removed with the use of Cassidy Carter.

Still, my musings never strayed far to keep me distracted for long. I always returned to the present. To the room I sat in. To the inevitable dread that filled me. I knew the answer – I knew the result! – and I still could not prepare for it.

The doctor, I didn’t even know his name, had advised Marina that I should wear comfortable clothes, hence, while she was dressed in black leggings and a beige cardigan, I was wearing simple black track pants and a shirt that was a good size or two larger than my frame. I must have looked like a frightened child, my gaze constantly shifting between the hallway to my right where the doctor, no doubt, was and the exit to my left, parts of me shaking nervously. Because I could just run away. I could just blindly run from this, get in my car and just continue fighting in SCW until I just…I just…

My eyes travelled down to my left leg, feeling the tightness of the metal brace wrapped around it like a straightjacket. The best form of a shield that I had. 

“Shilo?” the voice made me almost jump in a panic, thinking it was the receptionist calling me in, like being called up to the guillotine. My heart leapt in my throat and, on instinct, I turned to the voice to see Marina staring back at me, her eyes wide as she saw my expression. Immediately, I felt her hands grab one of mine, holding it tightly. “Breathe…” she tried. She had tried to comfort me like this as I had stumbled my way backstage after my RTG match, all but collapsing into her arms as I reached her. She had struggled to carry my limping form to the back – thankfully, no one bothering us as we travelled. SCW management had given us a wide berth in letting Marina be there, backstage, to support me and clearing out some of the non-essential staff from the hallways as we passed them. I won’t mince words here, they had been kind to Marina and I, hence the destruction of my destructive mentality of ‘conspiracies’ and whatnot. 

I could only shake my head at her advice, a smile breaking over my face – a bitter, almost laughing one. “I’m trying.” I whispered, feeling my hands shake a little in hers. “But…”

I couldn’t finish the sentence, looking down at her clasped hands. Nervous wreck would not begin to describe what I appeared to be to the average on-looker. While others, like Autumn Valentine, were dealing with their “tv-drama” or “fear of losing their title”, no one had my concerns racing through them. The very existence of their job hanging in the balance and knowing…knowing…that the guillotine blade was going to drop.

“I…” I tried to choke out, desperately fighting to get some control over myself. To act like a fucking adult rather than a scared child! Immediately, memories of the past: the Tenebrae – flashed in my mind. How pathetic I looked with a broken arm, marked with ink (the dragon tattoo that still painted my skin), needing to be held by Spider as he and the legion of members from the Kings of Shadows saved me from Ian Ryper and the Children of Eden. The poor boy, unable to save himself… returned once more here in this doctor’s lobby. Because I couldn’t save myself. I couldn’t magically fix my knee or control the doctor’s mind to make him say that I could still wrestle…

No Spider was coming to save me.
The Kings of Shadow weren’t coming to save me.

All I could do was wait for the end to come. To be returned to the lifeless husk I had been the years between my ‘retirement’ and my ‘resurrection’ of sorts.

“Shilo Valiant”. The voice was like that of the reaper, calling me to stand up and make my way towards the nurse, every step taking longer. I felt my feet dragging a little on the carpet as the woman, wearing a mask as Marina and I did, lead us through the hall and into a room that was decorated similarly to the lobby. Same color of walls, carpet, etc. I simply walked in and sat down, unable to look anywhere but at the floor. Marina spoke to the nurse (or was it really a receptionist) for me. There was something seemingly familiar in the voices that spoke, but I dismissed it, too wrapped up in my own dread to really pay attention. I had no doubt that I would remember this moment for the rest of my life….

And it made sense.

How many times had I defied the end of my career? How many times had things occurred in which I should have been retired but, somehow, survived?

“You can only outrun the end for so long…” my voice whispered to no one.

“Shilo…” I heard Marina’s voice but before I could react to it, a different voice beat me to it.
“So fatalistic…” 

The voice shook me to my core – to the depths of my soul. Shook me so hard that, for a moment, the fear and dread left me, shock and disbelief replacing them in a ferocious assault! My head jerked and I was on my feet faster than a spring, almost falling over into the wall. Fortunately, Marina was there to catch me. 

Before my eyes stood the doctor Marina had chosen for me. He wore dark pants and a light-blue shirt, casual yet professional at the same time. Like the rest of us, his face was partially covered with a mask for the sake of government by-laws… but his voice? His voice rang through the room – a voice I’d recognize anywhere!

“N…” my voice shook as I stood there, grasping onto Marina for dear life. “Nomas?”

Slowly, the doctor removed the mask, revealing the dark-skinned, broad smile of the former Merchant of Life. “Hello, my boy.” He greeted gently. 

I truly was a child again, rushing to the old, yet broad man and embracing him. I felt his arms, withered from age but still strong, as he wrapped them around me. It felt so similar to before – for it was Nomas, himself, that had pulled me out of the Tenebrae before handing me over to Spider. “My god…” I half-laughed, half-cried – I didn’t even really know why, to be honest. Was it happiness? Joy? Sure… but it didn’t feel like relief or ‘salvation’ from my inevitable doom. Rather, it was joy at seeing my old friend, the man that had been like an uncle or second-father to me for so much of my life.

I heard him laugh a little as he patted my back. “I am beyond happy to see you too.” He distanced himself from our embrace to regard me. “Oh, Shilo.” I could see tears forming behind his eyes. “I look at you and…” he swiped a free hand at his eyes. “Oh for crying out loud.” He laughed. “I see you and instantly I get teary-eyed.” He turned to smile at Marina in the same kindness and love. “You and Marina…” he held out a hand, which she quickly took, her small, pale hand disappearing into his larger one. “Happier times.” He sighed at our reunion. “How I miss them.”

“We all do.” Marina smiled before turning her attention towards me, a knowing smile crossing her features. Suddenly, my mind burned with realizations, like a massive set of fireworks going off in my mind.

“He’s the doctor?” I asked, earning a nod from Marina. “How long did you know he was here?”

“It was not her, Shilo.” Nomas quickly replied. “I was the one that contacted her months ago.”
“You?” I asked in disbelief. “Why?”
“Because what else could I do but watch over you? I could see immediately what was happening to you as you fought.” His eyes travelled to my knee, and I immediately felt the dread return and the panic of doom grip me. “I called Marina and she told me everything.”

“I-“ I gazed between the two of them: my Solgemia soulmate and my second-father-figure and felt part of the dam burst, wiping at my teary eyes as Nomas had done. “I am so fucking scared.” I whispered. “I don’t want to lose being a wrestler… I don’t want to stop being part of SCW…”

“Well…” Nomas sighed, moving to a section of the room to grab some items. “I cannot promise you a miracle, Shilo. But…” he smiled at me. “I can promise you that, if I have the power, I will help you. One way or another…”

Slowly, I felt Marina squeeze my hand with hers, my eyes seeking hers first, then Nomas’ before taking a deep breath.

“Let’s get it over with.” Was all I could say with a dry laugh…
Send in the Clown

Chapter 11 – Part 2: A Failsafe

“Alright, Shilo.” The soothing, baritone-bass voice of Nomas filled my ears. “Now without the brace.”

I shuddered as I heard those words. Standing in a room without a shirt on (my choice after starting to sweat from the exercises Nomas had put me through, rigorous as they were) didn’t bother me, but him asking me to do that? 

With shaking hands and breath, I pulled up the pant-leg of the sweatpants I wore until the metal contraption was visible. Slowly, I unlatched it, immediately feeling its absence as I placed it on the floor. 

“Take the exercises slower if you need to.” The dark-skinned doctor instructed. “I rather you not hurt yourself.”

I nodded, my hands shaking a little as I tried the first set of exercises: simple lunges. It was harder without the brace, of course, but I managed. Still, by the third or fourth exercise, I was struggling to the point where I had to stop – my knee locking and Marina having to help me.

It had been like this for the past hour of tests and observations, the only break I had being when the X-ray room was ready for us. I was used to wrestling in my vests and, on occasion, shirtless, so walking around the halls without one didn’t bother me, though I did get some odd looks when it came to my dragon-tattoo on my left arm and the scorpion one on my right.

“When did you…” I started as I settled down in the chair after my last exercise. “Get your license back?” I asked as Marina wiped off my back with a towel.
“About three years ago.” Nomas replied with a smile. “After…everything… I couldn’t just settle into ‘retirement life’. I had to get out there and do something.”

“I know the feeling.” I sighed, earning a quiet squeeze of my shoulder by Marina, my soulmate trying to comfort me. “That’s really why I’m here.”
“I know.” Nomas smiled as he sanitized the medicine ball and weights we had used in the larger room we now occupied before moving towards the ‘patient room’ Marina and I had first been brought. 

Before entering the room with us, Nomas was stopped by an attendant of some kind, who handed him a folder of some kind. With a nod of thanks, Nomas entered the room after us, closing the door behind him and immediately placing two large, black ‘film-paper’ of some kind on the white screen and turning on the light behind it to illuminate the x-rays.

It was odd seeing the interior of my leg – the bones and pieces that comprised it. I didn’t know what I was looking for, to be honest (not being a doctor myself), but it was still weird seeing the bane of my problems before me. Turning my gaze a little (to see out of the corner of my eye), I saw Marina also regarding the illuminated images, as if trying to solve the mystery herself.

Nomas, however, was laser-focused, knowing exactly what to look for. “And there it is…” 

I could hear a near laugh in his throat before reaching up to flick the light off, darkening the images before my eyes. The good doctor turned to me. “Sit down, Shilo. Marina.”

We obeyed, of course, taking a seat in a pair of chairs as we had when we first came into this room. Nomas, on the other hand, took a different seat near a desk. I felt the panic continue to wage war in me – almost smothering the joy and relief I had felt at seeing my old friend and family member again after so many years. I heard my shaky breaths as I tried to wait for him to speak.

“There is…extensive damage.” Nomas began, the tone serious, doctorly. “Which you probably already know.” 
Slowly, my hands tightening their desperate grip of Marina’s hands, I nodded my head. 

Turning a little to further regard me, Nomas must have seen my expression, my panic before holding up a hand as if to calm me. “I’m sorry for being to the point, but I rather be honest with you than give you falsities.”
“I…I know.” I tried. “Is it…” I dreaded the words I needed to ask, the certainty that would come up as an answer. “Is it over? No other way?”

He looked at me, studying my eyes – perhaps more than that. “There…is a way.”

My heart stopped. My eyes widened. I heard a gasp come from Marina – though whether that was excitement or relief, I wasn’t sure, but I turned my head quickly to see a smile on her face.

“Are you certain?” she asked, and I DEFINITELY heard the hope in her voice.
“Fairly certain.” Nomas smiled. “I’d have to do a more invasive test to be 100% sure but all the signs are there.”
“What signs?” I asked, suddenly desperate to know more.

“Shilo…” Nomas smiled, tilting his head. “You have locked-knee.”
“I know.” I stated with a shrug. “I could have-“
“No, you don’t understand, son.” Nomas gently halted me with a hand. “The cause is the cartilage in your knee has deteriorated, which causes swelling, lack of mobility and for the knee to ‘lock’ frequently.”

I sat there, letting Nomas’ words sink in. I knew what he was explaining, but it was the funniest thing I had heard in weeks. Without meaning to, a laugh escaped me, almost in disbelief. “So…you’re telling me…” I couldn’t help it, the laughs continued to escape me. “that all this hell I’ve been put through. All the crap I have dealt with – the pain, humiliation, the fear and anxiety… was because of a stupid sac of cartilage…”

“In a nutshell? Yes.” Nomas shrugged, smiling all the same.

I turned my head to Marina. “Sort of puts things in a new perspective doesn’t it?”
My love nodded her head at me. “The smallest things…” was all she added before turning her attention towards Nomas. “You said there was a way to fix this?”

His smile never diminishing, Nomas nodded his head. “There is.”
“Well… out with it, man!” I exclaimed. “If I can fix it – I can keep wrestling-“
“Whoa, hold on, son.” Nomas warned. “I said there was a way. I didn’t say it would be easy.”

Well THAT shut me up.

Slowly, Nomas lowered his hand. “I or my team can perform a surgery to repair or replace the cartilage….” His words slowed.
“But…” I had to say it, because I knew he was indicating it.
“But… it would take you out of wrestling.” He stated.

“Out of…” I felt all of the breath leave my body. I thought… I thought he said there would be a way. That I could come out of this and still be a wrestler…

I couldn’t say anything. I was too stunned. Thank the gods for Marina.

“For how long?” she asked, surprising me. “You said this was a solution, Nomas. So, I can’t believe this would take wrestling away from Shilo.”
“No…” Nomas quickly replied. “It wouldn’t. But he would need to step away for awhile in order for it to work.”
“How long?” the question came from both Marina and I this time.
“Depending on the much we need to do? At least a month, but my guess? Three to six.”

“Three to six months?” I asked, disbelief feeling me. “That’s it?!”

Nomas nodded, immediately causing my laughs to return with a vengeance, tears now coming from my eyes.

“Marina… only 3-6 months!” I laughed. “That’s NOTHING! I’ve been a champion in SCW for six months, I think I’ve earned some vacation time! And I can come back and not miss Rise to Greatness next year! I can-“

My mind raced so fast that I couldn’t put it into words. Sure, 3-6 months was a bit of a break and I would probably be forgotten, but, if I could come back better? Stronger? No more locked-knee? Maybe I could wrestle better than I did now! Maybe…maybe I could headline Rise to Greatness again… maybe I could… I could be the World Champion again…

I shook my head, refusing to let my hopes get away from me. “Is it so simple?”
“Simple? Yes.” Nomas nodded. “But I urge you to get your affairs in order before jumping into it, okay, son?”

I nodded. “Of course, Nomas. Thank you.” I stood up, with Marina’s help, moving over to him to embrace the doctor, who heartily embraced me. “I’ll make sure to clear everything as soon as I can.”

“Good.” Nomas grinned, clasping my shoulders, making me feel like the safe, little boy again. “We’ll get you through this son. Cheer up.”

A few goodbyes and hugs later and Marina was driving us home, and I couldn’t stop smiling. “I’m so…”
“Relieved?” she asked.
“Yes.” I grinned. “All I have to do is talk to management and figure this all out. I’m sure they’ll grant me the leave without any hassle.”
“Of course they will.” She grinned, reaching over with one hand to take my hand. “I’m proud of you for keeping your promise.”
I smiled, lifting her hand to kiss the top of it. “Thank you for choosing Nomas and…and not giving up on me. I promise you, I will do whatever I have to to fix this.”

Sadly… that would be a promise that I would not be able to keep. Because little did I know that SCW, at that moment, were already making plans involving me, Ace Marshall…

And the Television Championship…

The Carnival of Rust

Well now… what a fascinating way to return to the land of Supreme Championship Wrestling…

I mean, laughaholics and soon to be entertained, I am genuinely surprised by these developments. For six glorious months, I held the Adrenaline Championship. I took on all challengers and defended the title in entertaining matches like Under the Big Top and TLC. I defeated the likes of Dylan Howell, Glory Braddock, and YES! Even the delirious Holly Adams! 

But alas, all good things must come to an end, is that not so? The curtain must fall. The show must conclude. The lights must fade. The end. Fin.

Or perhaps not… for you see… I am without a championship, yet I am to be rewarded with another title opportunity at my VERY first match back! 

How…amusing… For who am I to receive such providence?

Does Shilo Valiant as a champion equal good things for SCW? Good things like ratings and sales? Is SCW INTERESTED in what the “Man Who Laughs” can bring to the table when he is defending a title like the Television championship every single week? Is that way I have, somehow, found myself as a contender for the title currently held by Autumn Valentine?

Or is the artistry of this match just too good a thing to pass up?

Let’s not beat around the bush, shall we? For all of that, this match came about because Ace Marshall went off last week to ‘blow off some steam’. He tried to fight me, couldn’t get the job done in ‘beating me up’ and his – whatever she is – Autumn Valentine got involved…

You made a mistake, Autumn. Truly, you did. I had not a care in regards to you. You were a decent performer and a good athlete, but, let’s face it, you weren’t really on my radar compared to goals like getting my Adrenaline title back or entertaining the masses. You were little more than Ace’s ‘current fling’ to me – Not to offend you, for you were doing some decent things in the ring, but… my priorities were elsewhere. But you stuck your nose in my business. You got involved in something that didn’t involve you. I didn’t seek Ace out. He sought me out and his mouth wrote a check that his ass couldn’t cash. 

But isn’t that just like Ace… like you… like all of Lexy Nation or Lexy’s Angels or Lexy Worldwide or whatever you’re calling yourselves? Overselling and underdelivering? I mean, you called yourself “the greatest tag-team wrestler ever” because what? You won the titles a couple of times? Interesting you would say that when you were, at one point, friends with Dark Fantasy – the longest reigning tag-team in history. Funny you would say that after you once happily handed the tag titles over to Ravyn and Christy Matthews at a house show – Hell, FUNNY YOU WOULD SAY THAT when you are no longer the tag-team champion. 

Almost as funny as Lexy Nation promising to be Television, Adrenaline, Tag, AND World Champion by the end of Rise to Greatness, yet here they are… with only you… One of four – Lexy's little group losing all their matches that night… A failing grade… an underachieved performance on the grandest stage, I must say…

You see, Autumn, I’ve never spoken about “being the best wrestler”. I’ve never talked about being “the best champion in the world”. That doesn't interest me. I spoke about being “the most entertaining”. I spoke about putting on matches that people would forever remember – moments that would stand the test of time in the history of SCW. But I’ve also taken it upon myself since my return to hold people accountable. People like Aaron Blackbourne, Holly Adams, Datura, Glory Braddock – I could go on… Those that claim similar things as I do but are copycats, liars, etc. and exposing them under the spotlight – my spotlight. 

Now, I am sure you think that this match between you and me is merely part of the conspiracy that Lexy has been spouting in her promos before you, eventually, interrupt her when the crazy gets too much, but, come now… that’s just you being unable to hold yourself accountable. You chose to lay your hands on me. You chose to attack me. What did you expect would happen, Autumn?

What? That I’d just shrug it off and say “Nah! She’s just protecting her man!”… what kind of fun would that be? How is THAT entertaining? Oh no, Autumn! You see, now, you have earned my full attention, at least for a bit of time. And the more I have looked into you… the more I saw your little story… the more interested I became.

Because what better way to not only return the favor on you, Ms. Valentine, but also give Ace, quite possibly, a bad case of PTSD…

Oh, did he not tell you? Not surprising really, given recent events… I am sure you are VERY aware that I, also, am a former Television Champion, but do you know who I beat to become the Television Champion?

The World Champion Ace Marshall!

HA HA HA! That’s right, Autumn! At the height of your “man’s” arrogance and delusion – when he had JUST become the goddamn World Champion by defeating Rachael Foxx years ago, I came in out of nowhere and beat him clean – silencing his remarks of “superiority” and being “the best” and TAKING the television title from him. The same title you hold.

I humbled him, Autumn. I brought him down off his self-erected pillar, all to the entertainment of the masses! To the entertainment of SCW! And, of course, to my own entertainment. 

And now… like a nostalgic act or perhaps syndication taking hold… I have a chance to remind him of that… by doing the same to you. And, have no fear, the similarities are not lost on me… He he he….

Come now, Autumn. Not too long ago, you prided yourself on being a woman who, and I quote, “deals in what they see before them”. But do you really, Autumn?  What do you truly see? I mean, can you truly see what is before you? What about what you hear? Can you truly hear what is all around you? The deafening whispers of the SCW Universe.

Well… If that were so, would you not hear the desperation in Lexy’s voice when she talks to you? When she talks about you? Would you not hear how badly she oversells you to all who listens – needing to associate you, the ONLY champion she has left, as part of Lexy Worldwide? Your fame being her fame and thus dooming you to continuously undersell as you fail to reach her impossible promises? Do you not see and hear the segments recorded of Breakdown just a few weeks ago? Of your “man”, whom you protected against me, sneaking around with Cassidy Carter? Did you not hear the words of Jaina Lancaster just last week, warning you?

Well, Autumn? If you truly are a woman who deals in what they see before them, can you see how Lexy only clings to you because you are “her last golden attribute” and not because of your talents? Incredible as they are. Can you not see how Ace, the KNOWN womanizer, philanderer, and admitted failure as a husband, boyfriend, whatever, sees you merely as his current ‘toy’? 

Of course you don’t. Because you don’t want this to end, do you? You know that, when it does, as all good things do, you’ll just go back to the girl you’re too afraid to face again. The one you ‘left behind’, am I right? You’re so afraid of that that you believe everything Ace and Lexy tell you. You’re too blinded being champion. Too consumed with defending that title that it acts as a blinder to your sight. You only see yourself as a ‘prizefighter’, the ‘underdog’, etc. because that’s what Lexy tells you to believe.

But oh, Autumn, I am not Josh Hudson. I am not looking down on you. I am looking up at you. All the way up to the pillar you have erected for yourself. Where you stand high above me, the simple clown and entertainer. I am here, on the ground, looking up at you because I have to, Autumn. I have to be here to do what I do better than anyone else… entertain.

Because you, dear Autumn, for your successful title defenses with the Television Championship and defeating a legend like Josh Hudson… you don’t really see what is before you…

The end. The end of your little ‘rise’. You are as high as you can go, Autumn. And you can feel it, can’t you? Deep in your bones…

It is time for you to fall. It is time for the last pillar of LexyMania to shatter beneath your very feet and for you, like Lexy Nation, to fall to the depths. For you to see Lexy for the desperate, crazed woman that she is as she casts you aside, dismisses you until you are of use again. For you to be discarded by Ace Marshall...

Just like you discarded Gable Winchester…
Just like you discarded the tag-team titles to Ravyn and Christy Matthews…
Just like you discarded SCW over and over again when you couldn’t compete with the best…

That’s the inside joke, Autumn! This is not a conspiracy… it is turnabout and it is fair play! After all the people and titles you dismissed… now, it is your turn to be the one used and likewise discarded and 'left behind'! It is the greatest joke of the universe. It is entertainment! It is SCW getting what it needs!

And SCW needs to see Autumn Valentine fall.
SCW needs Lexy Nation to lose its last title and watch the backlash as it continues its descent to madness.
And SCW clearly needs Shilo Valiant to, once again, be a champion!

And my spotlight will make all of that possible. I will make all of that possible, Autumn, for the sake of that entertainment. For you, Lexy and LexyNation, and, especially Ace Marshall to be held accountable! And just like I humbled Ace Marshall back then, breaking him before he inevitably lost the World title a month later, I will humble and break you, Autumn. I will remove your blinders and allow you, under the brightness of my spotlight, to truly see what is actually before you…

Lexy, ready to abandon you.
Ace, prepared to discard you.
And I having just dethroned you.

All good things must come to end… 
And your end, dear Autumn, one way or another, will surely… 

Make Me Laugh….
If you saw a tweet from Lexy earlier, this RP is why. I'm so happy we came up with this.

Enjoy.

Life in Seasons
Book Two, Chapter Twenty-Eight