Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Asher Hayes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Project: Black Ice

”The Next Move”

Frost ‘Forever Home’
Manhattan, New York
September 28th, 2021
3:16pm

The primary sound she heard was the rainfall as it pattered above and around her. Being inside the house, the woman was quite protected from the storm as she lay on the couch, her eyes taking a break from the small, red book she had been reading that now rested over her chest.

Closing her eyes, she took a slow, deep breath, letting the quietness fill her and further her state of calm. She was tempted to fall asleep, her head supported by a sturdy, yet comfortable, pillow. She had often, in such position and state, drifted off to a nap-sleep this past week.

This past week…

Selena sighed, letting her breath drift out of her. It had been less than a week since she had lost the World Championship to Cid Turner and the myriad of emotions had not completely left her. Was she angry? Of course. Angry at herself for letting Cid take back the world title, because… well, it was clear to everyone that had watched.

Since the beginning of the year, when she had been thrust back onto the singles-division of SCW, she had worked harder than, she believed, anyone to prove that she still belonged there. To find her place within it. And in those seven or so months, she had beaten practically every person she faced, including Syren and Cid, she’d main-evented Rise to Greatness, becoming only one of five people to retain the championship in about fifteen years – she had done all she could to raise the standard of SCW from what it always seemed to fall back on: relying on friends and allies to interfere rather than by talent. For so many years, that had been the ‘go-to’ for so many champions… as it wrong for Selena to want to change that outlook? To give the SCW Universe matches where they didn’t roll their eyes and easily ‘predict’ how they would end with ‘so and so’ interfering? Was it wrong to keep them at the edge of their seat, watching superstars fight for who was better, even if it was just ‘who was better ‘that night’”? The young woman didn’t think so, but she had failed at Apocalypse. Lost the title to someone that…that…

Inevitably, she felt the second set of emotions come through her. Confusion. She had wanted to continue her train of thought in pegging Cid Turner as the same as Asher Hayes. Someone desperate and willing to do anything and break any rule to become World Champion… but he hadn’t. Cid hadn’t.

He had had every chance and, yes, he had taken advantage of a distraction to try and pin her, but…

He could have… Selena’s thought trailed off for a minute as her ears picked up the crack of thunder from the lightning, a temporary distraction from her thoughts, but not a long one. Cid had the opportunity to hurt Deanna, the Snow Queen had not been so incapacitated to not see that. Cid had knocked her down outside the ring and had every opportunity to hurt Deanna, who had been standing nearby… but he hadn’t. He had simply excused himself. Asher would not have done that.

Another sigh escaped Selena as she kept her eyes closed. She had no reason to believe anything Cid had said. He was spouting nonsense about this Gleenknorb or whatever it was called – clinging to whatever he could to give himself a sense of purpose or identity in this world. And there was still that inevitable “deal” he and Asher had put to paper – would Cid honour that? She had no reason to think otherwise. Despite Asher losing to Syren at Apocalypse, Cid WAS now the World Champion. And if Cid allowed that as Selena had predicted in her promos. If he just laid down and let Asher become the World Champion, joining her and Cid and others like Regan and Kelcey and Kennedy-

Her hands tightened around the red book she held in her hands, the spike of anger returning to her. Everything she had worked for: The months she had spent fighting the best to get a shot for the world title. The hell she went through to retain it… everything Deanna went through with her… and Asher would achieve the same end-result by Cid handing it to him… And while she was less certain that Cid would actually do that, there was still that belief that he would, far stronger than her doubt.

For a moment, she heard laughter coming from the other room, causing her eyes to flash open and turn instinctively. Immediately, she hissed quietly at the tightness in her neck, the pain (which had once been sharp and aggravating) was now dull and throbbing like a very bad headache, not as bad but still forcing her eyes shut and for her mind to mentally curse her.

She had had Cid trapped in the turnbuckle – like a Queen trapping a King for checkmate – when she had thrown that Glass Shard kick. He couldn’t go left or right because of his position in the ring next to the turnbuckle and it wasn’t like the man could fly. Selena had him… she had even thought the word ‘checkmate’ as she had thrown that kick.

But, whether it was his experience or desperation, Selena wasn’t sure, Cid had a place to go, ducking under to land an innovative electric-chair drop on Selena… onto the turnbuckle…

Slowly, painfully slowly, the Snow Queen turned her head back up to stare at the ceiling and reduce the ache in her neck. One second, she had been certain in her victory, the next, it was like her head and neck had exploded. All she could see was stars and her entire body was numb – refusing to obey her mind as part of it had screamed to ‘kick out! He’s pinning you!’.

The medics had been clear after that. Trauma to the neck… whiplash, essentially. Fortunately, it was treatable and the symptoms were manageable, even if Selena refused to take pain medication (which she had done) that the doctors had given her. A few weeks and you should be fine… they had said, causing Selena to almost laugh at the notion, not because of the prognosis, but because she didn’t have a few weeks. She now had nine or so days.

Nine or so days until Breakdown, where she needed to compete – where she HAD to compete, not because she was told to by management. Oh no, Selena had ACCEPTED this match.

Another bit of sound, a mix of cheering and groaning came from the room just beyond her, the family room she lay, close to the connected kitchen, leading to a door that lead to a dinning room, which was now a makeshift gameroom for today to give the Snow Queen a place to rest other than her bedroom upstairs.

Taking a deep breath, as if to prepare herself, Selena grabbed the armrest of the couch, pulling herself up and onto her feet. Immediately, the dull ache returning, exploding from the source – her neck – and travelling up to her skull and down her spine. She remained still as she breathed the pain away, the extent of it nowhere near as bad as it was a few days ago. She felt soft, smoothness of her burgundy nightgown flow down her, adding a little embarrassment of her attire when it was the afternoon.

Still, she didn’t want to lay down anymore and go through the same emotions and thoughts. Hadn’t the doctor opted for a little exercise and movement? Slowly, biting her lower lip and taking a deep breath in and out of her nose, Selena tackled what appeared to be the long walkway (long to her) one step at a time until she was standing in the doorway, her sapphire eyes casting out into the room. She saw her children laughing as they sat around the table, almost huddled over the plastic-and-paper-covered board.

“You landed on my space, which is doubled!” Elsianna declared with a smile. “That’s eight dollars!”
“No way!” whined David. “I don’t have that much money!” he added with a sulk, crossing his arms and sinking in his chair.
“Then that’s game!” declared the redhead sitting at the end of the table. “Count up your money, Elsianna.” She turned her head to the child in her lap. “Ami, want to count with me?” the smaller redhead in Deanna’s lap nodded as the mother picked up the bills.
“That’s a five. How much is five?” Deanna asked, waiting for little Amiliah to count the number on her hand. After several minutes, taking longer due to Amiliah running out of fingers to count, Deanna smiled at her youngest daughter. “Well, we got $23 dollars. How about you Elsianna?”

“Thirty-one.” Elsianna smiled, holding up all the bills she possessed in her gloved hands.
“Looks like you win.” Deanna smiled.
“No fair.” Whined David. “She’s older.”
“I’m older.” Laughed Deanna. “So?”
“I mean…” the boy huffed before an idea hit him. “I wanna play my game! The one grandpa taught me!”
“Chess?” Asked Elsianna. “I don’t think-“
“Chicken?” came the younger boy’s retort.

“David.” Deanna warned, her voice suddenly growing a stern tone. “What did we say about name-calling?”
Immediately, the boy practically withered under his mother’s gaze. “S-sorry…” he tried. “Sorry, Elsa.” He added for good measure. “But you’re still afraid to play me at chess.”
“Honey…” Deanna tried. “Your sister was taught chess by your mother. She’s actually really good.”

It was like the boy had been told there was no Santa Claus. His eyes became wide before he turned his head back to his sibling. “Really?”
Suddenly quite shy, Elsianna nodded her head. “I know a little…” she added.
“Well…what can I beat you in?”

“How about bowling?” Elsianna offered.

Of course, the mothers that stood in the room knew that the eldest child did not mean actual bowling, but rather the plastic-rubber ball and plastic pin set they had bought at the toy-store. Immediately, David’s expression brightened before nodding his head. “It’s downstairs!” he declared.
“And that is where you will be playing it.” Ordered Deanna firmly. “And no throwing the ball at each other!”
“Yes, mom.” David responded before scampering out of the room and down the stairs to the playroom. Quietly, Deanna handed young Amiliah to Elsianna, who took her before following her brother downstairs.

With a sigh, Deanna quietly set to collecting the pieces and papers of the Monopoly Jr. game board, placing them back in the cardboard box. Turning around, the redhead finally spied the smiling platinum-blonde that stood in the doorway.

“Hi.” Selena greeted her wife, who immediately left the now full box on the table before rushing to her wife’s side. For Selena, she was grateful her children had not seen her. Knowing David, the boy would have rushed to her mother for a quick hug or to be picked up or something and she would have had to disappoint the poor boy. As it was, Deanna was slow as she neared Selena, reaching up to gently grasp her wife’s arms.

“Did you need something?” She asked.
“Just you.” Selena smiled before leaning her neck down, despite the muscle and bones’ protests to the action, to capture her wife’s lips in a long, drawn-out kiss. Without thinking, she pulled Deanna as close to her as possible, feeling the redhead’s body fit lovingly against hers. Rather than wrap her arms around Selena’s neck, as she often did, Deanna opted to wrap them around Selena’s waist.

The Snow Queen held that position until the pain became too much, forcing her to lean away to ease it, her eyes staring up towards the far-ceiling. “Shouldn’t have done that.” She muttered with a laugh in her voice before groaning out the pain, feeling the stiffness in her neck.

“Good grief.” Sighed Deanna, who quickly moved out of Selena’s embrace, taking the Snow Queen’s hand to carefully guide her back the way she came, back to the couch. “You’ve already done your exercises for the day.” She chastised. “The doctor said you needed rest any time besides that.”

“I am resting.” Selena huffed. “Not like I was taking you on the table…Although…” she wanted to look back, but her neck refused to be cooperative. “There was that time-“
“Last week?” Deanna asked with a roll of her eyes.
“What?” Selena tried. “I had to make sure we were on the same page before the pay-per-view.”
“And which orgasm convinced you that we were?” Deanna teased back, throwing a sultry eye at Selena, causing the young woman’s breath to hitch.
“Somewhere between eight and eleven.” She slowly breathed-out her reply.

Despite their current topic, Selena’s mind did not flashback to such an intimate moment with her wife, but rather pushed back to that match that had ended her time as World Champion. How she had felt when her wife had gone to her as she kneeled on the mats outside the ring. How she had felt when Deanna had held her, helped her up, and all but carried her to the back.

“I’m so proud of you…” she whispered, repeating the words she had whispered that night to Deanna… “And…” she added the last part she had said. “Maybe I love you.”

Turning her head back to Selena, emerald-eyes flashing at the memory she, too, shared, Deanna offered the softest of smiles with a tilt of her head. “You’ll get it back.” She confidently proclaimed.

Selena wanted to nod, but instead, offered a smile to her wife. She knew she would be SCW World Champion again, even if it took another four years to do. So many of her peers had written her off as World Champion before she had won it off Cid and some were, even now, ready to write her off in favour of someone who won that night like Syren or Jordan Majors. But still, Deanna’s faith had not favoured and neither had Selena’s…

Some day… she thought as Deanna helped her down onto the couch, the redhead guiding her head back onto the pillow.

“I’ll get you some water-“ Deanna rose to leave, but the pale hands that gripped hers made that impossible.
“No.” whispered Selena. “Can you just…”

Without finishing her sentence, the former world champion slowly pulled Deanna down onto the couch with her, pulling her in to rest her head over Selena’s chest. Her body stiffened and her neck protested for a moment, but she was quick to breathe the pain away, refusing to have it cost her this moment with Deanna.

She had already lost much to Cid and Asher Hayes – both playing a part in the pay-per-view and the weeks that had come before it. She was NOT going to allow them to take anything else from her when it came to her private life.

“You okay?” Deanna asked, her own arms wrapping as much around Selena as she could without hurting her. “Stupid question. You’re clearly not-“
“I’ll be okay.” Selena breathed. “Have to be.”

The redhead released a sigh. “No one would think less of you if you delayed the match another week, you know.”
“I know.” Selena smiled.

In truth, after the analysis of her neck, she was tempted to do just that. It wasn’t like she cared what Asher Hayes thought or how he would spin it. As it stood, she was expecting to hear similar insults thrown her way when the bastard decided to do a promo for the match.

But she didn’t want to wait. She didn’t want to ‘put it off’. For all Cid had done and been part of, being, essentially, a “yes man” to everything Asher said, it was Asher, himself, that was the biggest problem.

Asher had been the one to put his hands on Deanna over and over again and threatened her life over and over again.
Asher had been the one that constantly spoke ‘for’ Cid and overplayed the whole ‘Co-World Champions’ nonsense with is fake title.
Asher was the one that was trying to become World Champion without doing a damn thing to earn it.
And it was Asher that had, for weeks, been goading Selena to face him.

No, she needed to face Asher next week, for Deanna, SCW and for herself. So, since she needed this match to happen next week, that just left her the option of waiting and hoping that her neck would be in good enough condition and not get in her way come that Thursday.

“If he tries to hit you in the head with the title again…” the growl came from Deanna as she spoke. “I am getting in that ring and kicking him in the groin again.”
“Can’t you just do it anyway?” Selena asked, casting her eyes to the wave of red hair that laid on her chest. “After I beat the hell out of him, I mean.”

The remark surprised the younger Frost, causing Deanna to lift her head so her chin rested just below Selena’s clavicle. “Are…” her eyes went a little wider. “Are you asking me to get in the ring? Get involved if necessary?”
“Not during the match.” Selena stated. “I DON’T want to wrestle or win that way-“
“Don’t ruin this by being a stick in the mud, Selena.” Deanna huffed. “You know what I mean – what I’m asking.” I want to hear you say it. The unspoken words, spoken in Deanna’s eyes, were loud and clear.

With a sigh, Selena gave the slightest of nod. “Yes, Deanna.” She sighed. “I am asking you to do whatever you feel you need to do and I trust you to understand the extent of that…”
“And what if I get hurt?” Deanna asked, raising an eyebrow.
“You’re not a porcelain doll.” Selena smiled, running a lazy pair of fingers through a few strands of Deanna’s red hair. “You can handle yourself.” She added with a whisper – words she had heard from Jonathan Knots when she had rewatched her match with Cid.

Satisfied, Deanna returned her head to her ‘pillow’ of sorts. “I’ll kick him extra hard just for you.”
“That should be my line, Deanna.” Selena replied, squeezing her a little hard in her arms. “Because I have no desire to leave him standing in the ring.”

The implication was very clear to both women. Last time she had fought Asher, the coward had used his ‘championship belt’ to disqualify himself, simply because he didn’t want to “lose his title” to Selena or whatever was in his warped brain. On top of everything he had done, she owed him a few knockout-kicks for all of it!

“We’ll beat him together, pet.” Selena smiled, continuing to pet her wife. “And then we’ll see about getting that title back…”

The knock on the door interrupted both women’s musings, Deanna gently removing herself from Selena. “You can relax and wait here. I’ll be right back.” She promised, leaning down to kiss her wife’s cheek before excusing herself.

For Selena, the platinum-blonde took a few deep breaths, her ears, once again, picking up the sounds of the storm outside her home. She remained silent, her ears only barely picking up the sounds of Deanna’s voice as she answered the door.

However, when those sounds changed to that of rushing steps, her eyes flew open as she saw Deanna rush into the room. “Selena…” her expression, a moment ago gentle and loving, was now worried and frantic, causing Selena, biting down on the pain, to pull herself to a sitting position on the couch. “What is it?”

“It’s…” Deanna opened her mouth to speak but closed it as the ‘door-knocker’ entered the room. Her coat and hair were wet from the few moments she had been in the rain between her car and the door of the house. Still, there was no mistaking that raven hair.

“Talia?” Selena remarked in surprise. “What are you-“ she fought to pull herself to her feet. “No, first, get out of that wet coat. Deanna, can you get her a towel for her, please.”

Giving a nod, Deanna rushed off to find one as the lawyer observed her long-time enemy-turned ally. As for Selena, the platinum-blonde could only regard the black-haired woman with surprise. “Talia..” she tried. “Is everything-“
“Malcolm sent me.” Talia sighed.
“From Nome?” Selena asked with a huff, unnerved by the mayor’s gall.
“I wouldn’t have bothered you if he hadn’t – or at least I’d have just called but he seemed to think it be more ‘effective’ if I came to you.” Talia’s eyes quickly scanned over Selena’s form, only then making the Snow Queen conscious of her attire.

As if reading her wife’s mind from the other side of the house, however, Deanna quickly reappeared into the room, handing a blue towel to Talia before marching over to Selena to wrap a black robe around her nightgown-wearing form.

“Thank you.” Selena whispered to her beloved.
Deanna merely nodded. “Talk to Talia. I’ll make some tea.”

“Actually…” Talia held up a hand in the midst of drying her hair. “What I say concerns both of you… and…” she sighed. “I’m sorry, but you’re not going to like it.”
Project: Black Ice

”The Power That’s Wielded”

Frost ‘Forever Home’
Manhattan, New York
September 28th, 2021
3:23pm

“He’s resigning as mayor?!”

Selena said nothing, fighting the stiffness and soreness in her neck as she sat there, as shocked as the spoken redhead who sat beside her as they beheld the black-haired lawyer.

“Resigned.” Corrected Talia, shaking her head in disbelief. ”Effective immediately.”

The three women sat in the family room where Selena had been resting, Talia occupying the couch opposite the Frost wives. She was dry from her brief time in the storm, which still thundered overhead the Frost home. It seemed unreal – fake, even.

The idea of Malcolm Scythe, a long-time standing mayor of Nome who willingly leave the position he coveted. The power and authority being the mayor had afforded him.

“Can…” Deanna thought, as unsure as Selena. “Can he just do that?”
“Apparently.” Talia sighed. “He’s locked himself in his house and from public-eye. Not seeing anyone except family. The cabinet is scrambling…” Talia huffed. “They’re acting like he suddenly died to try and keep things stable over in Nome.”

The Snow Queen almost laughed at that. Nome, her hometown – a small blip on any world map (if that) – this was probably the most exciting thing to happen to them since… well, since she became a celebrity of sorts within SCW. In fact, with the recent weekend passed – fighting in Cid Turner’s hometown – had come with the dawning realization that, in nearly eight years, she had never been able to have the same feeling of ‘fighting in her hometown’, though she considered Manhattan her home as well, it simply hadn’t felt the same – an odd feeling considering the love-hate relationship she had with the town and the hatred she had felt towards it growing up.

“But…he is alive.” Deanna ascertained. “Cause he sent you here. Though…” she turned her head towards the platinum-blonde. “I really am not liking the likely reason.”

“Me neither.” Selena replied, moving her head to regard her wife (fighting the stiffness and slight pain). The sound of the children playing downstairs could just be heard in the midst of their silence.

“You might as well get to the point, Talia.” Selena sighed. “I imagine you want to get back to Nome.”

The lawyer a nod of her head. “He let me in once to see him.” She seemed to pause for a moment, her gaze distant, as if reliving the memory she was explaining to the Frost wives. “It was like…” her eyes re-found their. “It was like he had been aged twenty years in a few nights’ time. I can’t… I can’t describe it, Selena.” She shook her head. “His eyes were baggy, his hair was disheveled, it was like he had all but given up!”
“That isn’t like him.” Deanna remarked, concern etched into her beautiful features.
“Precisely.” Talia remarked. “I demanded to know what was going on with him and if he needed to see a doctor, but he refused. He said he had one order for me…”

“And?” Selena asked, almost impatiently. Truthfully, while she was curious about these sudden actions of the now former-mayor, she did not possess any pity towards him.

Malcolm Scythe had been responsible for more of Selena’s and her family’s pain and misery than she could even tally. Of all the psychos and evil beings that had invaded her life, Malcolm Scythe (along with Killjoy) was the only person that made her current anger towards the likes of Asher Hayes seem like a soft candlelight in the darkness. She wanted to beat the hell out of Asher – but that’s where it stopped. But as for Malcolm and Killjoy? Selena would deny that she wished the both of them dead for all they had done.

Reaching up a slow hand, she ran the fingers against her medium-length white hair.

“He wants to-“ Talia stopped as she heard a loud yell from downstairs, something akin to jubilation, her dark eyes fluttering down towards the direction the voice came from, biting her lower lip.
“Oh you have got to be kidding me!” Deanna laughed in disbelief before turning her head back to Selena. “He wants us to bring Elsianna and David to him.”
“Absolutely not.” Selena immediately shot back coldly, eyes narrowing at Talia.

“That’s what I told him!” the lawyer professed. “I told them that there was nothing on earth-“
“Or heaven or hell.” Selena added, her voice laced with venom.
“-that would persuade them to bring their children to him.” Talia sighed. “He yelled at me to go anyway and to ‘name any price’.”

Selena’s eyes widened at those words, not because of what those words were offering but what they indicated. She had known the old man for most, if not all, of her life, and never, not once, had he ever said something so desperate! When he had wanted Elsianna and David, he had just tried kidnapping one of them or blackmail! Hell, he had bartered for Selena’s hair for a simple USB drive! 

This… there was no bartering. He was pleading! Begging! Her greatest enemy was pleading with her! But why?

Her mind flashed back to the last time she had seen him. It had been just before Rise to Greatness, when her and Deanna’s car had broken down, forcing them to meet his ex-wife Rebecca, all due to the machinations of Killoy-

Killjoy! Her mind screamed in realization. It has to be related to Killjoy…

“I…” Talia tried. “I don’t know what to tell you. Personally, I hate him for wasting my time like this. Maybe it was to rub it in my face that Selena-“ her eyes flashed to the platinum-blonde. “Managed to have two kids sired by Ryan and I can’t.” she shrugged bitterly.

“He’s your husband.” Selena replied. “I don’t consider him the father of my children anymore than I consider Malcolm their grandfather.”
“I know that.” Talia sighed. “And Ryan and I have been trying to have a kid of our own…”
“Congratulations.” Deanna offered, her hands still holding Selena’s, squeezing them encouragingly.

Taking a slow breath, Selena offered her former-best friend a smile. “For what it is worth, I have no love-lost with the Scythes. But I think you’d be a great mother.”
“Ha!” Talia laughed. “After all I did to you?”
“You did all you could to get my wife out of prison.” Selena countered. “You’re as protective as you can be vindictive.” She added with a tease. “I think, long as you keep the kid from becoming too much like his grandfather, it’ll be alright.”
“Let’s…” Talia tried. “Let’s hope so.”

The three sat like that for several minutes in silence before Talia slapped her knees with her hands. “Well, guess I better head back to Nome.”
“Nonsense.” Deanna countered. “The storm is getting worse. You can spend the night here and tomorrow can head back, I’m sure, right Selena?”
Quickly, the wrestler nodded. “You can use our private jet. They know the route to Nome and can get you there faster. I will make a arrangements to have it prepared for tomorrow.”
“You don’t have to-“
“It’s fine, Talia.” Selena offered. “I know you want to get back to Ryan. And, really, it’s been in the hanger for weeks cause Deanna and I have been using the limo bus to get everywhere.”

“A…alright.” Talia nodded. “I’ll get my things from the car.”
“We’ll have your towel on standby!” Deanna joked as the lawyer made her way to the door to gather her things. A few moments later, at the urging of the new hosts, she was heading upstairs to the guest room to shower and ‘make herself at home’.

Alone with her wife once more, Selena turned to the redhead. “It’s Killjoy.” She whispered. “It has to be.”
To her surprise, Deanna did not ask for an explanation, but merely nodded her head. “I thought the same thing. We thought he was just bidding his time before going after us… but it turns out…”
“He might have just switched targets for a time…” Selena finished her wife’s sentence.

“But…” Deanna shook her head, running a hand through her red mane of hair as she walked throughout the house, Selena following her best she could. “He’s one person…” she thought. “And how could one person so easily remove Malcolm Scythe from the mayor’s seat?”

It was a frightening consideration. Not even the DeCarlo family – Anastasia digging up Malcolm’s darkest secret past life – had been enough to scare Malcolm out of office… But, if they were right, Killjoy had managed it on his own…

“He’s far more dangerous than even we believed…” Selena whispered, wrapping her arms around her. “And he wants to kill me.”

Immediately, she felt a fresh wave of fear grip her, but just as quickly, Deanna was by her side, taking Selena’s arms into her hands. “I won’t let that happen.” She swore. “We warned Malcolm. YOU warned him.” 

Selena nodded her head, slightly against the stiffness. “He wanted to handle this alone despite those warnings. Now, he wants to drag us down with him.”
“We won’t let him.” Deanna sighed. “We’ll go to Nome to see him. Without the children.”

Selena, again, nodded. “I’ll bring something… in case things go sour or Killjoy pops up again.”
“Good idea.” Deanna nodded.

Quietly, they walked up the stairs to the guest room to prepare it. A few minutes passed until Talia had returned, wearing far more comfortable clothes of jeans and a baggy t-shirt. She looked quite normal to Selena than the cold lawyer she often knew.

“Good news.” Deanna declared. “You’re staying here for a few days!”
“What?” Talia asked in surprise. “Why?”
“Because we’re going with you.” The Snow Queen stated. “Just Deanna and I. We’re going to confront Malcolm and get some answers.”
“He won’t let you in.” Talia sighed.

“Leave that to us.” Deanna smiled cutely, though the force of her words were clearly felt. “Selena and I will drive to Toronto for next week’s Breakdown, deal with that, drive back and be back by morning easily. We’ll then go to Nome with you on the plane.”

“You’ll be wasting your time…” Talia started before raising an eyebrow. “Unless you know something that I don’t.”
“We do.” Selena assumed. “Unless the word ‘Killjoy’ means anything to you.”
“Not really.” Talia replied, crossing her arms over her chest. “What’s going on?”

The Frost wives shared a glance at one another before Deanna stepped forward, taking Talia’s hand caringly into hers. “Sit down, Talia. I’ll explain…”

Quietly, as Deanna spoke, Selena snuck out of the room, making her way towards her and Deanna’s bedroom. She felt the stiffness in her neck as she made the proper turn and walk to enter the room, but she kept walking until she made it into the connected, large bathroom. On the counter was the yellow, plastic cup sitting on the stone counter: the medication she had gotten from the doctors after her match with Cid Turner.

Slowly, reaching out to grab, Selena unscrewed the lid to pop out two of the white pills. She took them in with a distaste forming in her body. She knew what was about to happen… easily knew the risks…

But Asher was ready to kill her. She was certain of that. Losing to Syren, even if he warped it to ‘retain his Co-World title’, he was even more dangerous. And last time he had been like that… he had piledrived Syren…

Killjoy was ready to kill her at any moment. That ever-present threat of the fiend loomed over her like the damn Sword of Damocles. And she was walking back into Nome, where she was certain he currently was…

She knew the risks… but as she ran the water, popped the pills into her mouth, and drank a mouthful of water out of her hand…

Selena knew that she had to take them…

The Royal Letter

Uncertainty.

It’s expected after what’s happened. I’m not the World Champion anymore and I can’t guarantee a rematch will happen between me and Cid Turner. I also can’t guarantee that Breakdown won’t be like it was before I became World Champion. With the egos of Cid – acting like some real-life version of Rolling Stones “Sympathy For The Devil”, being around when Jesus Christ had his moment of doubt and pain – and Asher Hayes being…well… Asher Hayes, I can’t guarantee that we won’t have to endure at least a few minutes of meaningless primping as this Co-World Champions nonsense comes back for a second round with some validity.

Because Cid Turner IS the World Champion. He beat me. I won’t deny it. And where that leaves me, I don’t know. Trios Tournament is here, at last, and I might have a part in that. I might not. I might be in line for a rematch. I might not.

The thing is… as I prepare for tonight, I find myself not needing to have answers to those things. I find myself with my beautiful wife, Deanna, not needing to know one way or another. 

Because tonight isn’t about the Trios Tournament to me. It’s not even about the World Title to me.

Tonight is about doing what I have wanted to do for several months now. Knock Asher Hayes on his ass and knock Asher Hayes out cold!

See, Asher, I am VERY aware that you’ll be on your high horse, despite losing to Syren. Your delusion gets to last a bit longer. You get to continue your claims of being Co-World Champion. That said, I can assure you, that your night will not be ending on such a high note.

But still, I have to wonder… are you happy with this match, Asher? I mean, it’s easy to see that I am thrilled at the prospect of facing you. But are you still thrilled at the prospect of facing me? I mean, for weeks you’ve been filling your promos with challenges to me. How you’d “face me if I beat Cid Turner” or you’d “face me some day after winning the World title off of Cid” or things like that. 

But now that it’s here, I don’t believe you are. Because the last time you faced me, Asher, you didn’t seem eager to see it through. 

Remember that Breakdown match? It wasn’t too long ago. You were fighting me and when you’d had enough, you disqualified yourself by hitting me in the head with your fake title? 

Where was your exuberance of ‘beating me’ then? Where was that desire? Was it all talk? Was it all just words like the vile filth that has come out of your mouth week after week, month after month, regarding the SCW World Championship?

Or was it the same thing that happened in your match with Xander Valentine? Where Asher Hayes, for all his talents and abilities, reaches a certain level of hardship and realization of biting off more than he can chew, backs off, runs away, and calls it quits?

Tell me, Asher, is that when a match becomes “meaningless” in your mind? That moment when you realize you might not win? Is that when it joins the list of ‘meaningless matches management has saddled you with’ for you to whine about later?

That’s what you’ve been crying about for so long, right? Being held back since 2019 by management? Put in ‘meaningless matches’? And by this stupid contract you’ve cooked up with Holly’s help to try and steal the World Championship, that’s supposed to be different? 

Tell me, Asher, was the Tag League and all its matches meaningless? Was your match against Suited and Booted meaningless? Was the World Gauntlet match meaningless? Or facing Glory Braddock for the Adrenaline title multiple times? Were those all meaningless? Or perhaps the multiple Television Championship matches you had?

Please, Asher, because you seem to justify all you have done – including assaulting my wife - based on being held back and cast in ‘meaningless’ matches. What about all of that was what sent you over the edge? What about all those opportunities, opportunities that you were GIVEN while I had to scratch and claw my way to EVERY title and opportunity that I have earned in the last four years, has been so ‘unfair’ and ‘meaningless’?

Better yet, answer me this: Was my match with Cid meaningless because you inserted yourself to try and screw me out of the title? And what about tonight? Is our match meaningless? Something for you to run away from again or to try and disqualify yourself once more when you realize what I am trying to do to you?

You don’t have to answer any of that, Asher. First of all, because you’re just an ungrateful loudmouth that’s full of crap because you failed to win the world title twice over and rather than be the honorable man that I faced at Cold Blooded about a year and a half ago, you became the same old bad-guy that so many others have become… but, more importantly, because it doesn’t matter to me what your answer would be. This could be about revenge to you – blow off some steam after being beat down by Syren. This could be part of some grand plan cause you think you can “kick the Snow Queen while she’s down”. It doesn’t matter to me. It doesn’t matter what this match is to you. What matters to me is what this match means to me.

Because you were right about one thing, Asher: I’ve wanted you in this ring one-on-one so badly, it’s been like acid in my mouth. And while it gave me such joy to see not only Syren beat you, but also my wife not only kick you in the groin but drop you on your ass with a single punch…

The truth is, Asher, I can hit a HELL of a lot harder than Deanna and Syren can!

And because at my core, Asher, when you strip away the titles, the accolades, the nicknames, all of it, I am, simply put, a normal woman. Just like all of the amazing women that watch this show and work behind the scenes. Working for their families and loved ones. And I know if their loved ones were endangered, many would act as I am about to.

You have threatened my wife.
You have put your hands on my wife.
You have hurt my wife.

All to get your hands on me, seemingly, because you are ready to give me a decent match without heading for the hills this time…

Well, I am sorry to disappoint you, Asher, but a decent match is NOT what awaits you at Breakdown. As the adage goes ‘Be careful what you wish for’ and ‘hell hath no fury...”. 

Because the last person that threatened my family? The Executioner that beat you? I knocked out in minutes.
The person before that? Maybe you don’t recognize his name: Vixen Cain? I beat him and drove him out of SCW!

The result has always been the same, Asher. Threaten my family. HARM my family as you have done? I become something that nobody, least of all you, can handle or wants to deal with. I become someone that isn’t fighting for morals or ethics or the standard of SCW. I am fighting for MY family. For my wife’s RIGHT to be here! I am fighting to make you pay for all you’ve done, Asher!

You are brave in a promo, Asher, but I have seen you afraid. I have seen you give up. And this Breakdown, after you take credit for Cid’s existence again, I will remind you, and Cid, of MY existence. I will make you regret ever LOOKING at my wife with a vile thought. 

As I said, Asher, Breakdown tonight is not about Trios or Cid or the World title to me – I will deal with those when/if I get the chance. Our match? Just like with Syren, you are simply going to be beaten down badly. And whether you realize it and try to disqualify yourself or inevitably try to run, it won’t matter.

Try and hit me with your fake belt? It won’t stop me.
Try to run? I’ll follow you.
And when I have you? I will knock you out.

You wanted to face Selena Frost? You’ve got it, Asher! You’ve got Selena Frost and everything that comes with her! My rage, my passion, my love for Deanna! You will get it all until you can’t stand anymore! Until, regardless of what the A/C Unit has planned, I leave you beaten down and broken in the ring!

And that, Asher, is the one thing, in all of this, that I am CERTAIN about.

Believe it!

Best of luck,
Selena Michelle Frost

PS: Deanna Frost sends her regards.