Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Knight, Adams & Braddock Vs. Zdunich, Autumn Valentine & Katie Steward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2021 Trios Tournament

2 RP per character in Trios Tournament

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, October 20, 2021
OOC: 1 of 2. Good luck to all. I enjoyed this one.
—————————

==========
October 11th, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Off Camera
==========

Things have been looking up for “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock.  It all started when she got dragged into an unwanted but brief war with The Jackals.  With some assistance from Lucas Knight and Christy Matthews, she defeated the Jackals in a six person tag.  Her winning ways continued at the Apocalypse pay per view when she defeated Drake Hemmingway.  Then on Breakdown The British Bombshell defeated Diamond Steele.  Now as luck would have it, Braddock has been randomly chosen to participate in the 2021 edition of the Trios Tournament.  This year her Trios teammates consist of Lucas Knight and Holly Adams.  Knight is someone she has teamed with at least once before in recent weeks against the Jackals.  As for Holly, she may be annoying and full of herself, but her talent is unquestionable.  She is the reigning SCW Adrenaline Champion.  If the trio can put their egos aside and gel as a unit, then Braddock is confident that her team can win and that she will pull off an unheard of feat and win three straight Trios Tournaments in a row.

Even her personal life has begun to recover.  The mysterious Thomas Gage arrived on the scene shortly after the traumatic experience of the home invasion and subsequent shooting that left Archie Van Stanton, Glory’s future son-in-law, dead.  Thomas Gage, an ex-lover of Glory Braddock’s back when they were both teenagers and the biological father of Glory’s daughter Melinda Braddock, returned with a desire to make up for his past transgressions.  Glory was understandably skeptical about his motives, because he did abandon her the moment he learned she was pregnant.  But he claims now that he wants to make up for what he has in the past.  In his time away Thomas made a success for himself in the health insurance business and as a peace offering has given Glory’s company a virtual free and full health insurance coverage plan.  Everyone who works for Glory Braddock can have any kind of medical work done for them for practically nothing at all, thanks to her new business relationship with Thomas Gage.

Gage’s return has also helped Glory’s daughter Melinda heal from the tragic events surrounding Archie Van Stanton’s shooting.  Melinda is once again her vibrant, joyful self.  It seems as if everything is back to the way it was, back to the way it should be, and amazingly enough it seems as if it is all thanks to Thomas Gage.  Despite all of these positive things, these good things all happening to Glory Braddock and her family all at once, The British Bombshell still isn’t fully ready to trust Thomas Gage just yet.  She keeps telling him that she is married and that she will not cheat on her husband Kurt Logan.  She already did once and she remembers the pain she felt when she almost lost Kurt.  She will not risk losing him again.  Thomas insists that he is not here to reignite their lustful, passionate romance but Braddock still isn’t certain.  She is keeping herself on alert in case her old flame does try anything.

For now, though, you can’t blame Glory Braddock for enjoying the fruits that Thomas Gage’s return has brought to her, her family, and more specifically for this instance, her company.  The British Bombshell has traveled to Charlotte, North Carolina, one of the corporate headquarters for her company The Glorious Golden Enterprises.  The beautiful blonde is walking through the halls; she is dressed in a straight and sleek black pantsuit, black blouse, and a white crisp jacket.  She is perched atop black patent leather high heel pumps.  Her long blonde hair hangs straight to past the shoulders.  Braddock is heading straight for the office of her company president, Francis Taylor, who has set up shop in Charlotte where most of the members of the Board of Directors call home.

“Good morning, Ms. Braddock!” A young man with a cup of coffee and a doughnut says.  Braddock nods politely.

“Good morning, Dave.” Braddock continues to walk.  She passes another face she finds familiar, this time a young woman and waves at her. “Good morning, Lilly.”

“Good morning, Ms. Braddock.”

“How has your internship been so far?”

“It’s been great, Ms. Braddock. I have learned so much.  Thanks for the opportunity.”

“Not a problem, Lilly.  Have a great day.” Glory can’t help but notice how much lighter the mood is in the office.  The last time she visited the Charlotte office people were almost afraid to approach her.  Then again, the last time she was in the Charlotte office was when she was on her wrathful power trip and was throwing her weight around.  The last time she visited the Charlotte office she was threatening to do away with their Charlotte location altogether.  But since then Braddock has undergone a change.  Her power trip has ended and she has decided to put her employees first.  It is for this reason that she has decided to work with her ex-boyfriend in the first place.  She recognizes the great benefit Thomas could provide for her employees.  If getting her employees full health coverage at a reasonable price means her having to work with her ex-boyfriend then so be it.  She will make that sacrifice for her employees.  And her employees seem to appreciate the changes she has made for her own good and for the good of the company.

Braddock continues walking until she comes to a desk that is placed directly in front of a door with the sign “Francis Taylor, President” on it.  A woman, Francis Taylor’s secretary, is at the desk.  She looks up and smiles upon seeing Glory Braddock standing there.

“Oh, hi Ms. Braddock.”

“Everyone shouldn’t have to be so bloody formal around here, mate.  We’ve known each other for years, Sandy.  So please, call me Glory.”

“Sure thing, Glory.” Sandy laughs.

“Anyway, is Francis in?”

“Yes, she’s in her office and expecting you.”

“Excellent.  Thank you, Sandy.” Glory Braddock walks past the desk and then right through the door that leads to Francis Taylor’s office.  The company president’s office is large and exquisite, decorated with many large plants, expensive paintings, and luxurious furniture.  Francis is at her desk but her back is turned to Glory.  Francis is looking out at the Charlotte skyline.  Braddock isn’t even sure that Francis notices her so she clears her throat to get her attention…

“Ahem…”

Francis turns around in her chair.  She spots Braddock there and grins from ear to ear. “Gloria!  How are you?” Francis, who is dressed in a long sleeve little black dress, black leggings, and black high heel pumps, rises up from her chair, walks over to Braddock, and embraces her in a tight hug.  Glory is somewhat taken aback by Francis Taylor’s rather friendly greeting.

“Well you seem rather happy.  Any particular reason?”

“I think we both know the reason why I am happy.” Francis says as she winks.  She motions towards a chair.  Glory nods and sits down.  Francis then sits back down at her desk. “Did you notice how happy everyone else in the office is?”

“I did notice that there is a bit of cheerfulness in the air.”

“That there is, Gloria,” Francis points towards Braddock “and we have you to thank.”

“Me?” Glory asks curiously.

“Oh yes, I admit that I didn’t think you were capable of this kind of deal, I thought you wouldn’t do it, but you proved me wrong and for once I am glad to be wrong.  I am so glad that you proved me wrong, Gloria.”

Braddock arches a brow. “I take it all this rambling is about the health care deal I made with Thomas?”

“What else?  Seriously, Gloria, that deal you made with Thomas was absolutely brilliant stuff.”

“And that’s why everyone is so happy?” Glory furrows her brow. “I’m not sure it’s a good idea to be spreading those rumors so quickly.  Things aren’t completely finalized yet.”

“I know but c’mon, this is a done deal.”

“It doesn’t mean you should be telling them.” Glory says, chastising Francis.

“Well don’t blame me because I didn’t say anything.  But you know as well as I do that word travels quickly.  Somehow they have found out and they are so happy about this.”

Glory sighs out of frustration. She shakes her head. “Well that’s bloody brilliant; this deal has to happen now, otherwise they will be disappointed.”

“It will.” Francis says with a grin on her face.

“Hopefully your confidence is well-founded, mate.  Anyway, what else can you tell me since the process of updating our health coverage began?”

“I have nothing but good news, Gloria.  Since news of our updated health insurance plan broke our company has begun to expand, our profits have begun to increase, all of this despite a worldwide economy that is rocky, shaken, and not looking very good at this present moment.”

“Seriously?” Even Glory is surprised to hear this news.  Francis nods her head.

“I am deadly serious.  Profits are doing well, the news of our health coverage is making us look great in the public eye, and that is leading us into a new direction.  I am even talking with men and women from other fields.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve been speaking with former and current people with Dell, Microsoft, and Apple.  We could expand into technology.  Or if you want to stick with your mission of helping people, we could expand into education.  I am in touch with people from the US Federal Department of Education.  Or if you would rather stay in athletics and just go into a different sport would could become part owner of an athletic team?”

Braddock chuckles.  She shakes her head. “I think you’re going too fast, mate.”

“We’re not going fast enough, Gloria.  So many people are interested in us now and it is all thanks to you and this deal you made with your ex-boyfriend.” Francis chuckles lightly. “Again, I have to admit that I am surprised that you swallowed your pride and worked with him again.  But I am pleasantly surprised because this has worked out great for the company.”

“Look, we can discuss each of those new business prospects of yours at length if you want, but as far as Thomas goes, I am working with him because I know what he has to offer will help the employees who work for me…” Braddock sighs deeply “...but mostly I’m working with him for the sake of our daughter.”

“Whatever you say, Gloria.  It doesn’t matter, really, because it works.  Though I am curious…” her voice trails off.

“Curious about what?”

“Do you and Thomas still have some of the old romantic feelings?”

“No…” Braddock shakes her head emphatically “...my relationship with Thomas is purely professional.  At most we’re just friends and I’m not even sure we have a friendship because I am not certain that I can fully trust him yet.”

“You may think that way but what does Thomas think?  What does Thomas want?  If you ask me, Thomas wants more than just a simple friendship, let alone just a professional relationship as business partners.  You, me, and my brother went to school together with Thomas.  I remember your relationship with him very well.  You two had one hot, sizzling relationship if I recall.”

Braddock sighs and nods her head in agreement. “You’re right, we did; but it was a relationship out of lust, not love.  And you may be right, he may want more than just a friendship, more than just a business relationship, but I hope to hell he recognizes that it will never happen.”

Francis rolls her eyes. “Oh come off it, Gloria.  You should at least consider it.  If I am perfectly honest with you, you were truly at your best when you were dating Thomas.  You were so grown, mature, and a true lady.  But after you and Thomas split, you grew closer to my brother and his immature, childish attitude caused you to regress.  You became as much of an immature brat as my brother.  But when you were with Thomas, you truly were the queen of the school, the queen of the playground.  Everyone respected you.”

Braddock is red in the face out of anger.  She stands right up and points a finger in Francis Taylor’s face. “You clearly have a twisted version of how mine and Thomas’s relationship was back then.  And you clearly have a twisted version of who you think I should be.  Sure, your brother and I may have been a little immature…”

“A little immature?  Gloria, you two played pranks on anyone and everyone, on each other!  You were acting like children!”

“Because we WERE children!” Braddock shakes her head. “Besides, what’s wrong with having a little fun?  Your idea of being mature is being a complete bitch and that’s not who I am.  At least not anymore.  I used to be that person and I am trying really hard to put that in the past.  Thomas may be back in my life but I’m not going to let him tempt me back to that place.”

Braddock turns and storms towards the door.  Francis stands up and calls out after Glory. “Gloria, wait…”

“This meeting is over.” Glory stops and turns to face Francis. “And I would appreciate it if you would stay out of my personal life from here on out, do you understand?”

Francis sighs and nods her head. “I understand, Gloria.”

“Ms. Braddock.” Glory growls. Francis rolls her eyes.

“I understand, Ms. Braddock, and I apologize.  I just want you to consider what Thomas has done for us now.  Imagine what he could do for us if you two rekindled your romance.”

“Oh I know that the possibilities are limitless.  He could do a great deal for this company.  But I am not about to sacrifice my soul or my marriage for a damned profit.” With that said Braddock turns and storms out of the office, slamming the door behind her.

==========
October 11th, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Off Camera
==========

The meeting with Francis Taylor left Braddock in a fit of rage.  Glory had been enraged for the rest of the day.  In fact, she wanted to catch an early flight out of Charlotte and go straight back to Miami.  Instead her husband Kurt convinced her to stick around a little longer.  As her husband Kurt knows The British Bombshell intimately and he knows one thing that will certainly get her spirits back up, something he hopes will get her back into a good mood…

…karaoke.

Kurt Logan is sitting at a table near the back of the bar.  His arm is wrapped around his wife’s shoulders.  Kurt has a glass of beer in front of him and Glory Braddock has a glass of wine in front of her.  The DJ, a heavyset man named J.T., has the bar hopping with some upbeat music.  Braddock is trying to enjoy herself.  And she has to admit that being here at karaoke, one of the few times she can truly let loose and just enjoy herself, has helped to ease the frustration from earlier in the morning.  Still, the tension is there.

“You should sing, babe.” Kurt says as he sips his beer.  Braddock shakes her head.

“I’m not in the mood, love.”

“Oh c’mon, Glory, you love to sing.  Are you going to deny your fans a chance to hear you sing?”

“For starters I’d rather not anyone know who I am.  I’m definitely not in the mood for an unplanned fan meet and greet.  And besides, you’re lucky I even came.” She shakes her head. “I still think we should have gone on back home.”

“Well would you sing a song for me?”  Kurt asks.  Braddock turns and looks over at her husband and smiles knowingly.

“I may sing to you in private.  But right now I’d just prefer to sit back and enjoy everyone else sing.”

“At least you are here and at least you are trying to have fun.” Kurt leans over and kisses her on her cheek. “Just forget about Francis and her bullshit.”

“I’m surprised you’re taking her interference this well.”

“You would be amazed at how well I can control my temper.” Kurt says with a chuckle. “Am I angry about Francis sticking her nose in your personal life, and really trying to damage our marriage?  Damn right I am.”

“I admit that I am considering firing her.” Glory says as she sips on her wine. “What she did and said was completely unprofessional.”

“I wouldn’t fire her.”

“Really?” Glory asks, sounding surprised. “Are you that forgiving a person too?”

“I’m not ready to forgive her at all.  But let’s be honest, this is the first real time she fucked up in a big way.  A stiff warning could be enough.  Let her know she’s walking on thin ice.”

“KARAOKE NIGHT!” The voice is loud and very familiar.  Glory and Kurt spot the arrival of none other than Glory Braddock’s childhood best friend and Francis Taylor’s brother, Matthew approaching.  Braddock smiles uneasily.  She isn’t certain how well this will go down.  Last year her marriage was in danger thanks to this man.  She and Matthew were caught cheating.  Kurt did forgive her, but has he forgiven Matthew?

“What are you singing, Glory?!”

“Matty, mate,” Glory sighs and shakes her head “this isn’t exactly a good time.”

“What?” He points to Kurt. “Because of Kurt?  We’re good now, aren’t we Kurt?”

Kurt chuckles and nods his head. “Yeah, we’re fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course we are!” Matthew insists. “I let him beat the hell out of me.  Got all that anger out of him.”

Kurt laughs. “Well it didn’t go exactly like that but we did talk it out like men and we are fine now, Glory.  In fact, why don’t I go get everyone some drinks?”

“You do that.” Matthew hands Kurt a wad of cash. “But it’s on me.  It’s the least I can do after my sister acted like a total bitch.”

“Sure thing, Matt.” Kurt walks off with the cash to get some drinks for the table.  Matthew turns to face Glory who rolls her eyes.

“So you heard about this morning’s meeting with your sister?”

“Yeah, I heard.  I figured with a karaoke night tonight you couldn’t resist so I decided to stop by and see how you were feeling.”

“I’m not feeling that great if I’m honest.  I almost didn’t even come to karaoke.  Kurt had to drag me kicking and screaming.  It’s just that I don’t appreciate Francis butting into my personal life, you know?  It’s tough enough having Thomas back in my life after running out on me, abandoning me after he got me pregnant; but I did choose to work with him for the sake of our daughter.   Now Francis wants to give me relationship advice?”

“I can see why you’re upset.  Francis has always been the holier than thou type who thinks she is the smartest person in the room, she thinks she knows what is best for everyone.  Imagine what it was like for me growing up with her.  She tried to control me and my life.  So I’m not surprised that she would try to control your life.”

“Well she won’t get her way, that’s for sure.” Glory says defiantly.  “Me and Thomas are sticking with just a professional relationship, nothing more and nothing less.”

Matthew nods his head.  “Good.  And if you ask me, you shouldn’t stop there; you should cut all ties with Thomas Gage altogether.”

“Really?!” Glory sounds somewhat surprised by Matthew’s advice. Matthew nods his head again, this time more emphatically.

“Look, you may not remember because it has been a long time, a lot of time has passed and a lot of things have happened since we were all teenagers, and I can understand that maybe you forgot about the kind of person you were when you were dating Thomas.” Matthew’s voice grows more serious, more cold. “Francis told you that you were at your best when you were with Thomas.  Am I right?”

“Yeah…”

“The truth is that yeah, you were a tomboy, you were bullied.  Thomas came along and swept you off your feet.  But he also changed you.  You became a bully.  You, Thomas, my sister were inseparable, you were the stereotypical mean girl alongside your jock boyfriend Thomas and my sister.  Do you remember that?”

“I…” Glory sighs and nods her head “...yeah, I remember.”

“Don’t let him corrupt you again, Glory.  Don’t give him the chance.  Trust me, he is very possessive of anything he thinks belongs to him.  And despite anything he may have said to you, he still thinks you are his.  It’s only a matter of time before he begins to escalate things in order to force your hand.”
1 of 2. CD Only 

Haven't had a chance to proof it, running on fumes and got work in the AM. 

Enjoy and best of luck.

Trios Tournament #1
OOC: 2 of 2. Enjoy and good luck.
—————————————

==========
October 18th, 2021
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

They say that time heals all wounds.  Glory Braddock isn’t sure that she completely agrees with that sentiment, but she can definitely agree that time does, at the very least, helps one to forget about the pain of the past.  It has been one week since her disastrous meeting with Francis Taylor, her corporate president.  The meeting was meant to be simply business only to talk about how the company was doing, specifically the impact of the new health care program that the employees will have access to thanks to the involvement of Glory Braddock’s ex-boyfriend Thomas Gage.  The meeting that was supposed to be business only veered way off course as Francis Taylor got personal, very personal, with The British Bombshell by suggesting that she rekindle her romance with Thomas.  The mere suggestion was enough to enraged Glory Braddock, not just because the corporate president was trying to tell her how to run her life, and trying to in essence destroy Glory’s marriage with Kurt, but it also brought back the one possibility that Glory Braddock is still very nervous about, the one thing that still has her concerned: does Thomas Gage want Glory Braddock back?

It has been a question on her mind since his return.  The very moment she set his eyes upon him after twenty years of being gone, she questioned whether he did want to rekindle that romance that they once had.  Francis is right, Glory and Thomas did have a hot and heavy lustful romance, but Glory Braddock is no longer interested in Thomas Gage.  Any interest she may have had went out the window the moment he abandoned her when she got pregnant.  Thomas gave up any chance he had of being with Glory and that’s that.  But who knows what Thomas thinks.  Glory tried telling him that she was married and that the best he could possibly hope for was a friendship, nothing more than that.

Unfortunately hearing from Francis Taylor, and later on Francis’s brother Matthew, brought those doubts and questions back to the forefront.  What Matthew Taylor told her was the most frightening of them all; Matthew warned Glory about possessive Thomas was; and the more she thought about it, the longer she spoke with Matthew about their shared past with Thomas, the more she remembered.  She recalled just how possessive Thomas was back when they were teenagers.  He was very possessive of her.  At the time Glory did not care.  Her eyes were jaded for she was being treated like royalty.  But how will he react if he realizes that he will not get her back?   Glory hopes that Matthew’s warnings are unfounded.

But that was a week ago and Glory has had several days to forget about that.  Time does help heal wounds, and specifically time spent with her youngest daughter, Dawn Aphrodite Logan, helps a great deal to heal those wounds and helps her forget about her troubles, whether they be real or made up.  The British Bombshell sits on her plush cream colored leather sofa in her luxurious living room of her Miami home.  She is wearing a hot pink t-shirt and denim shorts.  Sitting next to her is her daughter, Dawn, wearing a floral print yellow sundress.  They are watching a replay of the last SCW Breakdown event from August 14th.  Is Glory Braddock watching this for training purposes?  No, this time it is Dawn’s request; she is getting curious about the family business.

“Awww man, commercials!” Dawn whines.  She looks to her mother. “Why do they always go to commercials at the best part?”

“Because they want to drive you nuts?” Glory says with a smirk on her face.

“I hate commercials.” Dawn says, folding her arms over her chest and pouting.  Glory chuckles and ruffles her hair.

“We have to have commercials, kiddo.  It helps wrestling companies pay the bills.  These big events don’t pay for themselves, y’know?  And who is gonna pay the wrestlers to wrestle?”

“Grandpa would’ve wrestled for free.”

“Your grandfather had a passion for wrestling unlike any other human being I have ever known, Dawnie.”

“Do you have passion?”

“Oh you know I have passion.” Glory chuckles lightly. “Maybe not as much as your grandfather but I do have a lot of passion.  I take pride in what I do, that’s a big part of passion, Dawn.  Take this Trios Tournament, for instance.  Do you remember who they said my tag partners for Trios were gonna be?”

“Uh-huh, Lucas Knight and the second greatest wrestler that ever lived Holly Adams.”

“Wait, what?!” Glory furrows her brow out of curiosity. “You are a Holly Adams fan?!”

“She’s funny, has a great fashion taste, and…”

“Hush it, love.” Glory says rolling her eyes. “Holly Adams of all people…you really need to find better wrestlers to emulate, Dawn.”

“You’re still my favorite, mommy!” Dawn embraces Glory in a tight hug. Glory pats her on the back.

“Thanks.  It is great to have a fan.”

“I like when they jump off the top rope!”

“High flying moves eh?” Braddock smirks knowingly. “You’re the opposite of me, kiddo.”

“I saw you jump off the top before.”

“I have two high risk moves in my arsel, Dawnie.  Your grandfather trained me to be a technical wrestler first and foremost.  All these high risk acrobatic stuff you see nowadays, your grandfather would be turning over in his grave.”

“What about this steel cage match cousin Kim was in with Jordan Majors?”

“You mean the one you are NOT going to watch?”

“Oh, c’mon!”

“Sorry, kiddo, that one is NOT for the faint of heart.” A ringing heard throughout the house signals that someone is at the front door.  This is a welcome distraction for Glory Braddock as she has an excuse to grab the remote and turn off the television. “Wait here, Dawn.  I’m going to see who is at the door.”

“Ok!”

Braddock wasn’t exactly expecting company and despite the excuse to stop the Breakdown replay, she still doesn’t appreciate whoever this is interrupting her quality time with Dawn.  The British Bombshell approaches the door with every intention of running off whoever it is.  She opens the doors and is surprised to find that her attorney, Robert Odom, is there at the front door.  Odom has been Glory Braddock’s attorney since she reclaimed power within her company a few years ago.  When Glory had the second corporate offices in Miami built she requested that Odom set up shop there so that he could continue to assist her when necessary.  But he rarely comes over to her home to visit.

“Bob?  What the hell are you doing here?”

“We need to talk, Ms. Braddock; this is very important.”

“How important is it, Bob?  I was trying to spend some time with my daughter.”

“I received a phone call from attorneys representing Mr. Clyde Sutter.”

Braddock’s face goes pale.  Then it quickly goes red as an anger rushes through her veins.  She motions for Odom to follow her inside as she turns and walks back into the home.  Bob follows her through the hall and into the living room where Dawn Logan waits.

“Go to your room, Dawnie.”

“But mom…”

“I said go.”

Dawn sighs with a sense of disappointment but nods her head and obediently gets up and walks away.  Once Dawn is out of the room Glory sits down on the sofa.  Robert follows suit, sitting next to his client.  Braddock sighs deeply out of frustration. “Are you sure you know who the hell you were talking to?”

“I am certain of it.”

“Forgive my doubtfulness, Bob, but Clyde lived homeless on the streets for as long as I can remember before being picked up and groomed by Mason Van Stanton.  Once he split from Mason he may have had his foot in the door as a wrestler and thus had a paycheck coming in but not enough to fund this army of attorneys you’re talking about.  The bloke isn’t rich.”

“You are correct, he cannot afford attorneys on his own.  He is being funded by a third party.”

“A third party?” Braddock furrows her brow.  The possibilities here are limitless.  Mason Van Stanton swore his grudge against the Braddock family was buried but he is the most obvious suspect.  He is the first person to represent Sutter.  But Glory has other enemies, including the Matthew Alan Family who have long sought to buy her company out. “Who are they and what do they want?”

“I don’t know who they are.  The attorneys told me that the individual paying them wishes to remain anonymous.  But the attorneys did tell me briefly what they want from you, Ms. Braddock.”

“And…?”

“According to these attorneys, Mr. Sutter is well aware of the ‘slander’ and ‘libel’ and other false statements being made against his reputation, he is well aware how you are using your powerful influence within the wrestling community to keep him black baller from any other wrestler organization.  He specifically pointed out how you are spreading lies about how he supposedly sexually assaulted your daughter.”

Braddock glares angrily with hatred. “What I said about that jackass is true!  He did assault Melinda!”

“Well they are filing a lawsuit claiming that he did not do any such thing, that all of your statements against his reputation are false, and that your statements are damaging his reputation and career.”

“Well hell, let them take it to court.  I feel pretty confident we would win.”

Bob sighs and shakes his head. “Did your daughter not say herself that what she and Mr. Sutter did was consensual?”

“Yes, but she probably said that just because she was afraid of him.”

“Whether that is true is beside the point.  His attorneys know that she once said that and will use it.  They also claim to have video footage that supposedly prove it was consensual.  They…ahem…implied that it might leak to the public if you do not settle with them.”

“Seriously?” Glory asks.  Bob nods his head.

“I am deadly serious, Ms. Braddock.”

“I can’t believe it.” Braddock is near tears, still with a mix of rage.  She shakes her head in disbelief. “What would you have me do, Bob?”

“My advice is to settle.  If they have even half of what they are boasting then it will be a tough case.”

Braddock sighs out of frustration.  She nods her head. “Thanks, Bob.  Let me think about it for a few days and I will get back to you.”

“Shall I let them know you are considering a settlement?  That might at least buy you some time.”

“Yes, you can tell them I’m considering it.”

“Very good, Ms. Braddock.”

“Thanks, Bob.” Glory says.  With that, Odom stands up, nods his head in goodbye, and then walks out of the living room.  As soon as she hears the door shutting Glory buries her face in her hands and starts to cry.  The British Bombshell is not sure what to do.  Bob would not lie to her.  He would not give her bad advice.  So if he thinks that she should settle rather than fight in court then this must be bad.  Whoever it is that has funded these attorneys on Clyde Sutter’s behalf must be wealthy and powerful.  And whoever it is must have a grudge against Glory Braddock and her family, for they are willing to leak evidence that would humiliate her but more importantly ruin Melinda’s life.

Would Mason Van Stanton ruin Melinda’s life just to hurt Glory?  Possibly, but she thought that they had buried the hatchet.  Would the Alan Family pull a stunt like that to hurt Glory’s reputation in a bid for power?  Unlikely, especially since Glory already made an Alan Family member a minority shareholder in the company as a peace offering.  So who would pull such a stunt?  Who would do such a thing?

“Thomas?” The name crosses Glory’s lips quickly.  Matthew Taylor warned her that Thomas Gage was very possessive of her, that he still wanted her as his girlfriend, and that he might escalate things if he did not get what he wanted.  But would he do such a thing, would he threaten such an action that would also harm his own daughter?

==========
October 20th, 2021
Houston, Texas
On Camera
==========

“Sometimes life deals you a very bad hand…”

The voice echoes in the pitch black darkness.  Suddenly a light comes on and we find that we are outside in a park in Houston, Texas.  The clicking of heels on pavement signals the arrival of someone.  It isn’t long before “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock steps into view from stage left.  Glory Braddock is wearing a black pantsuit, black blouse, a black jacket, and a black fedora.  Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders.  She steps in front of the camera.  A stoic, emotionless gaze is upon her lovely face.

“Then again, life could deal you a good hand.  We are not gods.  We cannot change the hand that life deals us; we can only take those cards and play them the best way we know how.  The Trios Tournament is a lot like life in that you have little to no say in what people you are teamed with.  And trust me when I say this because I know a hell of a lot about the Trios Tournament and I know a great deal about how to win the Trios Tournament.”

“In 2019 I was lucky enough to be dealt a very good hand.  I had Regan Street and Kellen Jeffries as my tag team partners; two incredible athletes, two competitors who were on a major roll at the time, but most importantly the three of us got along.  We gelled quickly.  As a result, we won The Trios Tournament.  In 2020 I wasn’t as lucky.  One of my partners was David Helms, and while Helms was talented as hell and a former world champion himself, he didn’t care much for me and my attitude at the time and I didn’t like him much, either.  My other partner that year was Ace Marshall.  The annoying little jackass somehow manages to make even the easiest and simplest of tasks all that much more difficult with his immature antics.  Did we like each other?  Did the three of us get along that well?  No, we didn’t.  But for that one night we were able to put our differences and our egos aside and win the Trios Tournament.   In other words, we took a bad hand that was dealt to us and turned it into magic.  We were given lemons and we made lemonade. We took dirty rocks and turned them into pure gold.”

Braddock nods her head. “That’s what Trios is all about.  This year in terms of talent I think I won the lottery.  Lucas Knight, one half of the reigning tag team champions and Holly Adams, the reigning Adrenaline Champion.  Now Holly may not be the greatest of human beings, she does have quite the ego, but she can get the job done when it counts.  And if me, Ace, and Helms could get it done and win it all last year when not one of us got along, I am sure that Lucas, Holly, and myself can win it this year.”

“Not everyone gets dealt a good hand, though.  Take our first round opponents for instance…” a low chuckle escapes the lips of The British Bombshell “...Crystal, mate, there is an old saying; fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  But my question is, how many bloody times has Holly Adams managed to get one over on you?  You can cry foul due to cheating, mind games, or other underhanded tactics for so long.  Despite how Holly may have beaten your ass, the fact is that she has beaten your ass multiple times already.  The sad truth is that it isn’t just Holly that you’ve had difficult with; you have barely held your head above water since your arrival in SCW.  Has fate dealt you a bad hand?” She shakes her head. “Fate has been damn good to you.  Fate has deemed that you get chance after chance to prove yourself against a reigning champion yet you have failed.  Now you have been gifted by fate with another chance here in Trios, a chance to prove yourself against that same reigning champion who has had your number for so long now, a legend here in SCW, and yours truly, a former SCW World Champion.  Just one win would do wonders for you, but imagine what it you won the whole thing?  You would have that golden ticket.  It would turn your SCW career around.” Glory smirks knowingly and then shakes her head.

“Unfortunately that is a fantasy that will never come to fruition.  Your track record proves that you have choked under the bright lights, you have choked when it mattered the most.  What will make this time different?  And if you want further proof, then just look at the hand that fate dealt you.  Let’s look at your partners.  Katie Steward.  The Goddess.” The British Bombshell chuckles lightly. “The last time I remember being in the ring with you I made you tap out.” Braddock scoffs. “Some Goddess, huh?  You tapped out to The Shekhinah Glory at Be Careful What You Wish For.  And didn’t Holly just beat you on Breakdown?  You couldn’t beat Holly, you couldn’t beat me, and I’d say that it is a safe bet that you cannot beat Lucas Knight.  Luck wasn’t on your side, Katie, and you were dealt a bad hand having to face three amazing athletes in the first round of the Trios Tournament.  Don’t get me wrong, Katie, you were good.  That’s past tense, by the way.  But what you have done lately?  Momentum is a big thing when it comes to the Trios Tournament and everyone on this team has been on a roll, winning match after match, heading into Trios.  Holly, Lucas, and I are not looking to slow down anytime soon.”

A grin forms upon her face.  She shakes her head. “But fate tends to always throw in that one wild card into the mix, the one game changer that could upset the status quo.  Katie, Crystal, maybe life and this Trios Tournament was good to you in at least one aspect…you do have a good partner in Autumn Valentine, a dominant SCW Television Champion.  Love her or hate you, you have to respect what she has done in SCW, respect the accomplishments and championships she has earned.  She is a proven game changer anywhere she goes.”

Braddock frowns. “Unfortunately the wave of momentum is in our corner, the talent is in our corner, and despite the egos involved, I dare to say that we will get along better than any other team.  I can get work together with anyone to accomplish a common goal.  And whether we like each other or not is irrelevant.  All three of us want this win, we all want to win Trios, and we will do whatever it takes to advance.  There is nothing that Autumn can do about it.  There is certainly nothing Crystal Zdunich or Katie Steward can do about it.”

“This Trios Tournament, my quest to win my third straight Trios Tournament, begins now.” Braddock shuts her eyes. “Sic Semper Tyrannis…”

The scene fades to black.
2 of 2

Posting now, work in the AM as usual. Hopefully it's both readable and enjoyable.

Best of luck.

Enjoy.

Trios Tournament #2
Ok, I see what's going on here. Six on one, is it? FINE!

Enjoy.

Life in Seasons
Book Two, Chapter Thirty-Four
SCW Goddess | Katie Steward | "Goddess Noir; Finale ? "

{The episode starts in Supreme City at the local jail where Katie Steward is in lockup after turning herself in for the murder of her Brat, Robin Brooks. Katie sits on the bed in her cell. She is still dressed in her white suit minus the coat and fedora that she left behind at Robin’s home. She just waits for something to happen as it’s all she can do. Hoping for maybe TJ or someone to come up with something to get her out of it.}

{An officer walks into the cell block with a clipboard in hand. They read off Katie’s name to get her attention.}

Officer: Steward, Katie. Please stand.

{Kate stands up and walks to the door of her cell. She looks at the officer who just happens to be The Goddess. She dressed in the officers uniform and looks to playing her part.}

Katie Steward: You’re an officer now?

The Goddess: You should know of anyone that a Goddess is talented enough to play multiple roles, Miss One Woman Show. No one else can see me. I’m just a normal everyday guard. The gift of being a deity. Now turn around so I can put the cuffs on you. You’re being transferred to the correctional facility.

Katie Steward: What? That’s not possible. I can’t go to prison.

The Goddess: I don’t make the rules. The paper work already went through.

Katie Steward: Yes you do! You’ve been manipulating my noir movie since you got here and this is just another one of your tricks.

The Goddess: Turn around. Or am I going to have to call for some assistance?

{Katie stares at The Goddess and looking frustrate with her and the games being played. Katie ends up turning around so The Goddess can put the cuffs on her to take her for transport.}

The Goddess: Good choice. Thought it better than whatever the idea was for turning yourself in. Don’t worry. It’ll all be over soon.

{The Goddess opens the cell door and helps escort Katie out of the jail and onto the waiting prison bus to take her to the correctional facility. The doors to the bus open and The Goddess tries to get in first, but the driver stops her.}

Driver: Sorry, no extra officers aboard the bus.

The Goddess: But I’m transferring this high priority criminal to the facility. I have the paper work.

Katie Steward: Ah, I’m high priority. Thanks for making me feel special at least.

Driver: I’m sorry Officer. Instructions are straight to the facility. No stops. We got plenty of guards at the facility. We won’t need anymore help. I’ll make sure she gets to her destination.

{The Goddess steps backs and aside for Katie to walk onto the bus. The driver follows her to her seat and shackles her into the restrains. The driver returns to the driver seat and closes the door and pulls away from the jail. Katie and The Goddess locking eyes with one another as the bus pulls away. The Goddess turns back and walks away in a huff as the scene fades.}

___________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene changes as the prison bus is driving on the highway to the correctional facility. Katie sits in her seat on the bus. She is shackled in place and just waits until they arrive at their destination. The bus ride is a quiet ride and Katie just looks out the window trying to come up with some plan to try to save herself.}

{She notices a car pull onto the highway and it speeds up matching the speed of the bus. Which seems suspicious to her. She moves around in her seat trying to get a better view of the car and the driver as it gets closer to the bus. One of her hunches is realized when she sees the it’s TJ Johnson driving the car. She quickly realizes that it’s going to be a prison break on the bus. She tries to tap on the window of the bus to get TJ’s attention, but her hands being shackled to the seat in front of her won’t let her reach. Katie struggles moving around in her seat, but it only gets the attention of the driver.}

Driver: Hey! Settle down back there. We’ll be at the facility soon enough.

{The Driver checks on Katie through the overhead mirror on bus for a second and then back to the road ahead. They then check the the side mirrors and notices the suspicious car gaining speed with the bus.}

Driver: What the…

{The bus starts to swerve a little trying to shake the car, but TJ just speeds up faster. The ride gets bumpy and Katie grabs a hold of the chair seat in front of her and ducks her head trying to protect herself. She closes her eyes for what is about to happen. The bus takes a big swerve as TJ aims the car into the bus to push it off the road. Both vehicles crash into each other. The bus falls to its side smashing the front of TJ’s vehicle and sliding across the highway for almost 100 feet.}

{Katie opens her eyes to the sight of the bus on it’s side. Katie still hold onto the back of the seat in front of her. Her feet dangling in the air. Katie let’s go of the seat to the ground, but she forgets about the cuff still in the shackle and her wrist get caught causing her to hang there.}

Katie Steward: AAH!

{Katie cries out in pain. She tries to pull herself back up trying to grab the cuffs, but her wrist are stuck in the handcuffs. Headlights shine into the back of the fallen bus. Katie spins to see another car pulled up. She hears people getting out and checking on the crash site. Katie tries harder to break before they get to the bus, but she get her wrist free.}

{They get to the door of the bus and push it open. Katie swings her body back to the front of the bus. She is a bit to quick and the momentum causes her to swing back and forth. They enter the bus and one checks on the driver.}

Katie Steward: Stay back. I can.. kick. Really hard.

{Katie spins back to the front of the bus and they’re already walk to her.}

Giovanna Steward: Katie, don’t kick me.

Katie Steward: Gigi!

{Gigi grabs Katie to stop her from swinging. Maddy hands her the keys to the handcuff to free Katie from her cuffs. Katie’s feet touches the ground and she grabs her wrist that are bruised from hanging from the cuffs.}

Katie Steward: Thanks Gigi, Maddy. It’s really great to see you two again.

Madison Steward: We’ve been on quite the adventure the past few months.

Giovanna Steward: We’ll share the story later, but for now we got to get out of here before the police show up and we all go to prison.

Katie Steward: Oh my Goddess, TJ!

{Katie runs by Gigi and Maddy and exits the bus. She runs across the highway to TJ’s smash car to check on him. Katie looks through the open window of the mangle door at a lifeless TJ in the driver seat.}

Katie Steward: TJ…

{Katie reaches into the car trying to wake TJ up, but to no prevail.}

Katie Steward: TJ, come on we got to go. We got to get out of here.

Giovanna Steward: Katie.

Katie Steward: We’re not leaving him.

Giovanna Steward: I’m sorry. He’s trap inside the wreck pretty bad. We don’t have the time to get him out before the police show up.

Katie Steward: No. She took Robin from me. She won’t take TJ. Come on, TJ. I know you’re still with me.

{Katie grabs TJ’s hand and squeezes it hoping that’ll he’ll squeezes it back. Nothing happens. Gigi walks over and tugs Katie away ushering her along and telling her they have to go. The reunited Steward girls hurry back to Sasha’s borrowed car that Gigi and Maddy took and they drive away from the scene as sirens starts to fill the air and the scene fades.}

___________________________________________________________________________________

{The scene opens at a motel where Gigi booked a room for the girls to hide out at for the night and regroup. Katie sits on the bed still distraught and in mourning over TJ. Maddy sits near the window keeping look out.}

Giovanna Steward: How is she doing?

Madison Steward: She’s been quiet. Which is quite scary, but I think she’s handling it pretty ok.

{Gigi walks over and joins Katie on the bed.}

Giovanna Steward: Hey Katie, we were watching the whole ordeal on TV. It was a pretty big news story. Why did you kill Robin?

Katie Steward: I didn’t kill Robin.

Giovanna Steward: Really?

Katie Steward: I didn’t. Why does no one believe me? I was set up. My Goddess, I can’t beat her. She’s too powerful and manipulative.

{Katie starts to break down as everything is becoming too much for her.}

Giovanna Steward: Woah, ok. Katie just calm down and tell us. Fom the beginning. What happened?

Katie Steward: (taking a deep breath) Well, TJ and I were just trying to do something fun. A little detective story like from the 1940s. It was great. Then somewhere it got hijacked. She changed the script on me.

Giovanna Steward: Who?

Katie Steward: The Goddess. We’re in a war. She’s trying to punish me for the death of her King back when Autumn, Katelyn and I were in her realm. I wasn’t responsible for it, but she doesn’t believe me. I know she had something to do with Robin’s death.

Madison Steward: Well we did see her kill Robin. Well the dreadlord version of the Regent Queen Robin. Robin and Paris had their army on us and then The Goddess showed up and plunged her sword into Robin and she gave us this back.

{Maddy stands up and takes out the artifact that The Goddess had given to her for their quest. She shows it to Katie. Katie goes to take it from Maddy, but Gigi slaps her hand away.}

Giovanna Steward: Don’t touch it.

Katie Steward: Ow. Why?

Giovanna Steward: We don’t know what it does. The Goddess said it’ll extract the demon that has possess you, but we don’t know how to exactly use it. If you touch it, you may accidentally trigger it.

Madison Steward: Do you have any idea what she is talking about?

Katie Steward: She mention something about it. I changed something when I burned the web of fate and it changed the Goddess into a Devil. That must be what she is referring too.

Madison Steward: And she wants it. Do we give it to her?

Giovanna Steward: I don’t know. If it’s that Katie’s Goddess changed to a Devil, would we be taking our her Goddess?

Katie Steward: That’ll definitely get her the ultimate victory.

Madison Steward: So what do we do then? How do we help Katie? G, we helped in a prison escape and are now part of the manhunt. So we’re all royally screwed too.

Katie Steward: If she killed Regent Queen Robin and that effected the Robin in my noir story, then she did kill her and had me framed. So I am innocent. There is no way of me proving it without her confession though.

{The Steward sit on the bed. The Artifact in the middle of them on the bed as they figure out their next move. Katie’s mind goes through the past few months and the journey of 2 quests she’s been through.}

Katie Steward: If it’s what she wants. She going to get it.

{Katie grabs the chain part of the artifact and picks it off the bed. She walks around the bed and starts to leave the motel room.}

Giovanna Steward: Wait, Katie. Where are you going? We need a plan.

Katie Steward: I have a plan. It’s getting payback for TJ.

Giovanna Steward: Well do you want to tell us about it?

{Katie is already out the door as the scene fades.}

{The scene changes to the sight of the prison bus crash. There is a white tarp covering the vehicle TJ was in and most of the investigators comb through the bus looking for clues. Hurse steps out into the scene. He dressed in his police uniform and taking charge of the case. He calls everyone in and gives everyone their instructions moving forward.}

Hurse: Alright Gentleman, can I have your attention please. We are going to divide up and search this swamp. One law enforcement officer with each one of you. Which one of you knows the most about this terrain?

Paris Dannon: Steven what are you doing?

Hurse: Getting a manhunt going.

Paris Dannon: Really? It’s sounds like you’re running lines from an action movie.

Hurse: Is that not how things are done?

Paris Dannon: Get over here and stop bothering everyone. I need you to find and bring her in. She murdered Robin and I will bring her to justice. My case is not going to be going to shit. Understand me. It’s already high profile enough. This is the last thing I need. Do not fail me.

Hurse: Yes, I know. This is a top priority for me too. It’s just a shame about TJ.

Paris Dannon: Yes it’s sad. So be careful. There is no telling how many more have to die.

{Paris walks back to her car and Hurse escorts her while she gives him his following orders. They walk by The Goddess. She’s dressed in a police uniform and wearing big mirror sunglasses watching over the sight. Her phone rings and she answers it.}

The Goddess: How did you get this number?...A meet up and ending this. Give me the address.

{The scene opens up in a field a couple of miles from the crash site. Katie stands in the field waiting for The Goddess to show up. The Goddess steps into view and approaches Katie in the field.}

The Goddess: You wanted to meet. What to you have to say?

Katie Steward: I know what you want and I have it.

The Goddess: Oh? What is it that I want?

{Katie pulls out the artifact and holds it in the air by it’s chain. The Goddesses interest peaks.}

The Goddess: Oh.

Katie Steward: Here it is. The devil’s power. I’ll give it to you, just as long as we call a truce and you turn yourself in for Robin’s murder.

The Goddess: I’m not responsible for the death of your friend. Either one of them. That’s not the devil’s power. Weren’t you listening? It’s a corrupted soul of a Goddess. Your inner Goddess that was corrupted when you reckless changed reality. It needs to be purified. Now that you’ve given it up. In hopes I end your suffering.

{The Goddess holds out her hand uses some kind of telekinesis to grab the artifact away from Katie. She faces at the sight of it. Something isn’t right though with it.}

The Goddess: It’s empty.

{An unwelcome visitor crashes the party and Hurse walks out into the field. His focused trained on Katie. He has his side arm out and aiming it at Katie ready to take her into custody.}

Hurse: Freeze. Don’t move. You’re not escaping this time.

Katie Steward: What are you doing here? You’re going to ruin everything.

{A voice is heard in the distance shouting in the air and footsteps sprinting through the field. Hurse turns into Maddy jumping over him grabbing him in the motion flipping around and getting her knees driven into his back.}

Madison Steward: Killer Kitty!

{Hurse rolls through on his knees only to also be hit by a shiniest wizard from Gigi.}

Katie Steward: What are you two doing here? This is my plan. Too many people been hurt.

Giovanna Steward: We’re not letting you do this alone, Katie. You’re not the only Goddess that wants the fight.

{The Goddess begins a chant opening the powers of the artifact. The Steward girls turn to her as she aims the artifact at Katie to take away her corrupted Goddess soul. Gigi jumps in front of it and instead has her inner Goddess ripped from her.}

Katie Steward: Gigi, No!

{Gigi collapses into Katie’s arms and the two fall to the ground. The Goddess looks at the soul within in the artifact. The glow of it is blinding. Something doesn’t seem right. The Goddess begins to panic.}

The Goddess: No. It’s too strong.

{The light gets too bright and ends up causing a massive blast that launches The Goddess out of the field and out of sight.}

Madison Steward: Is she ok? What happened?

Katie Steward: She took the bullet for me. Stupid Brat. I didn’t want anyone else getting hurt.

Madison Steward: Is she…?

Katie Steward: She’s breathing. We should get her home and checked out.

{Madison helps Katie with Gigi and they get to their feet. They begin to head back to the road. }

{They make it to the road and look around. The crash site has been cleanup and looks like no sign of it ever happened. A car drives up and honks it horn getting the girls attention. It pulls up by them and TJ steps out.}

Katie Steward: TJ, you’re alive.

TJ Johnson: Yeah. I got your message to meet you here.

{Katie looks into her pocket and pulls out her phone. She is a bit confused as she didn’t have her phone on her because of the authenticity of the time.}

Katie Steward: We’re in California. Not Supreme City.

Madison Steward: So the story is over?

Katie Steward: Yes. TJ, help us get Gigi back to the car.

{They get Gigi to the car and everyone gets inside. TJ takes them home as the long ordeal seems to be over.}

{The scene changes to the Katie’s Church of her Lady Goddess. Katie stands inside at the altar. She is dressed in her normal causal clothes.}

Katie Steward: For the past several months I’ve been out of my head. I’ve not been concern with the affairs of SCW. I’ve just been doing my own thing. Facing my own demons and challenges. Trying to put of a unique and entertaining performance for the fans to enjoy. That is what Katie Steward is. That is what she does. Now the Trio Tournament is here. A chance to get what I am due. After the year that I’ve had. The battle that I endured. I’m very hungry. Trios is going to be the stage to show everyone how dangerous I am. Of course they’ll never learn. I’ve been in the ring with Crystal and Autumn knows me well enough. The other teams think this will be easy. They think Katie Steward is the liability that won’t get along. She’s always be that bitch. They’re all the delusional people that doesn’t know Katie Steward’s brilliance. I probably have the most character growth than anyone in SCW. Definitely involved in this tournament. Autumn is a dangerous woman and I’m thrilled to be her partner. Crystal will be amazing too. It’s not the first time I’ve been on an underdog team. I know it’s an underdog team. This is just going to be another great story that Katie Steward is going to tell. Winning it all will be a very nice bonus.