Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Casedes vs. Tsunami vs. Purity Pixie vs. Jaxton Matthews vs.G-Money vs. Spencer Pryce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Winner Receives Future SCW United States Championship Shot

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Off Camera

Marie looks around the empty apartment that has a few boxes with the delivery of some furniture expected any time. The one bedroom apartment is simple, the basic white walls and beige carpet, a kitchen so small that the card table she was using a dining table almost didn't fit in the room. The bedroom had been a surprise, she could actually walk around it even when the bed would be set up. The bathroom is pretty average. Marie looks and turns on the light and sees her reflection in the mirror, staring back at her and she knows people might cringe if they saw her right now. Hair pulled back, no makeup, looking as average as the next person. Right now she could use a nice warm shower but she had to wait for the delivery people and with her luck they’d show up while she was in the shower which meant either they would take off because no one immediately or she’d have to dash for the door in a towel. She sighs and turns off the light. The quote unquote living room is big enough for a loveseat, chair, and entertainment center. There was a pleasant surprise in this apartment though. She’s on the top floor so she doesn’t have to listen to annoying neighbors above her. Lynn had told her that when she got her first apartment she didn't stay in it long. The neighbors above had a habit of making it sound like they were training to make a basketball team, consistently dribbling on their floor….her ceiling. An apartment Ron had, he lived under a guy who had some crazy obsession with the movie Jaws,and would watch it at 2am. Ron had said he knew because the guy cranked up the sound so much that Ron started looking for a damn shark in his apartment. So they had annoying neighbors and were determined that if Marie was going to be on her own, she didn't need to suffer like they had. 

The second pleasant surprise had been the balcony outside a sliding glass door. Two people could sit on it comfortably, and the view was simple, for Marie it was calming and soothing….which would be boring in other people’s eyes. With the trees and all, it reminds Marie of her home in Savannah. It would never replace that, but this was pretty easy to be comfortable in. Her parents had wanted to buy her a condo or even a house, but she had said she didn't want anything to that degree just yet. She’d barely told Amy that yes, she would be moving to New Orleans to train at BlackOut Academy. Marie had intended to go and see Amy but again…..

Just as Marie is wondering when her furniture would be delivered there’s a knock at the door, and there are the delivery men. They start bringing in the furniture and for a moment Marie wonders if it will all fit. She glances at all the pieces, and signs the receipt. The delivery guy, who had said maybe two dozen words to her, had been paid to put stuff where she wanted, set up the entertainment and bed. Once he and his partner are done, Marie signs the paperwork and he rips off her copy, says goodbye, leaving Marie to unpack the boxes full of things that she had wanted with her. She has a brand new credit card and bank account that her parents have been extremely generous with the amount they put in it. She knows she needs to go get food and then realizes she probably should get dishes to eat it on, and pans to cook with. She rummages through the boxes, finds a notebook, then rummages her purse and finds a pen and starts writing down what she needs to get. She sits on the loveseat and wracks her brain. Then she looks at her watch….and realizes in just a couple days she has a match in SCW. A HUGE match, one that could quickly alter her position in SCW and she hadn't said one word. Ignoring the fact would only make things worse, she doesn’t want the rest in the match to think she’ll be a pushover. Most of them seem like they aren’t hardly with a breath of a word, but one name had stuck out when she saw who she was facing….Spencer Pryce. Marie remembers their match, one in which she felt, seeing the replay on the SCW website, that people had not expected much of her and she had proved them wrong. Well wrong right up to the point Spencer made her tap out. Then there was the awkward encounter the next morning and Marie had walked away first but she could feel eyes looking at her. Marie had known if she had turned around she would see either Spencer watching her. If he had been she had a feeling Amy would talk to him about keeping away from Marie. Marie wouldn't have minded the attention from Spencer but she also has a sneaky feeling that Amy is watching her and wouldn't mind calling up Lynn to let her know what was up with Lynn’s younger daughter. 

Marie sighs and gets up,putting the paper and pen on the entertainment center and then she starts rummaging through more boxes until she finds her camera and tripod. She sets them up, then goes and tidies herself up, so at least she doesn’t look like she’s living under a bridge in a box. 

On Camera

The camera opens to see Marie on a balcony that overlooks a serene place that at the moment was quiet, the playground having been abandoned when the children that had been playing were called inside for the night. The wind is whipping at the light purple button up shirt she is wearing over a dark purple tank, and blue jeans. Her auburn hair is pulled into a low ponytail, and a few strands on both sides have escaped and are being blown around her face by the breeze. Finally, after what seems a bit like eternity, Marie looks at the camera with a sweet, innocent smile, although behind the smile is a determined lady. 

Marie: If someone had told me that in my fourth match in SCW I had a chance to become a contender for a title, I would have probably laughed at them because how does that happen? But then I think of some of the greats who had their first title matches when they had barely walked into a company, and I know that two of the women I admire, one being my mom who, in her third match in Southern Cross Wrestling became their champion. The other was Amy Chastaine who, within her first four matches, became the WOF Alternative champion. I remind myself that if they did it, I have a chance. 

Marie turns and leans against the wall that is to her side. She puts her hands around her back, leaning on them as she thinks.

Lets address a couple of the men in this match, men who haven't said much and haven't really done much in SCW and that is G-Money and Jaxton Matthews. G-Money, I had to hunt for your matches and the few matches, very few, that you’ve had here in the time I’ve been here and neither one went all that great for you. I get that some people will spend hours and hours saying whatever is rolling around their heads but G, yes I said G, you’ve been rather….unimpressive. It's like you’re going through the motions but I don't see much passion, much I’m going to have a winning attitude. If that is your attitude, may I suggest you find something else to do? Become a rapper since your name sure implies that maybe that field would be more your thing. And as you’re packing up, take Jaxton Matthews with you. Jaxton, I’ve faced you and yes you got a few good moves in, you’re more like G-Money than anyone might think. You’re someone who I would hope has mad talent but it's like there's no emotions behind it. I...I mean you take someone like Konrad, the guy may not be at the top of people’s lists on who they like in SCW, and he’s old, and…..but at least he puts some emotion, some effort into what he does in that ring. I mean, I never thought that I, of all people, would say that I would prefer to wrestle him. Now to management….please dont mean I want to see him every time I turn around in the ring just that at least people know he gives a shit. 

Then we come to two people who I admit I don't know much about, but both seem to maybe have some talent and unlike the previous two people, they both are new, they’re trying to prove their abilities, and if anything they will be a definite factor in this match and one that I have to be prepared for because either could take me out of the match and grab the opportunity of a lifetime. I’m sure you both are like me, going how did I end up here and then know this type of thing doesn’t come around very often. And while a great many people, fans and wrestlers alike, think they know me, or they think I’m brand new to this business, I did work for another company, even held a title for what felt like 5 minutes, doing all right before I turned 18. I decided to step out of the limelight, back up and train more. I’m not saying I’m perfect, I’m far from it. But the adage that I’ve heard around my family is you don't get opportunities if you don't try but you also need the opportunities to get better. Yeah it sounds goofy but I would hope that Tsunami and Purity would understand while G and Jaxton are going “huh?” 

Marie sits in the plastic outdoor chair, a $20 bargain on the end of season clearance, and she leans back, staring at the sky while she contemplates what to say about the last one…..

Spencer, here we are again, facing each other. I almost had you that night, I almost beat you but you managed to get me to tap out, and that's honestly not something I’m sure I like. Not because I lost, but because I should have been trained better, worked on that particular asset of my game. You showed me a weakness that I ….I knew but didn't want to acknowledge but now I must. And know that in a few days we will be training together but I also know that trying to avoid you in the ring, and definitely when training, is fruitless. If anyone concerns me in this match, it is you. But I watched the match, I was able to rewind and truly study it and maybe I can take a few things that you were a bit lax on, and turn them  against you. 

So to you Spencer, you are the top of my adversaries in this match. You are the one who wants this just as bad as me. I’m not saying the others dont want it just as bad, but I know you have the ability to go to all limits to win, and I’ll be right there with you. So Spencer, Purity, Tsunami and the two who….I wont even take the effort to say their names, This is a huge chance for the up and coming wrestlers like us to have a shot to win the United States championship down the road and honestly I know the two who will be fighting the hardest to get that shot and….

Well I intend to be one of those two. The rest of you can try and tell me you are the second person but I’m pretty clear in my head who it will be. They know it also. See you all there, I’ll be the one winning an upcoming title shot. 

Camera fades to black
OOC: Best of luck to everyone involved!

Five