Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Cid Turner vs. Adam Allocco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles 

3500 word max per RP 

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, November 24, 2021
Ever since I came back to SCW a bit over a year ago, I've considered myself to have a lot in common with Adam Allocco. 

I mean, look at us. To some of the younger folk here in SCW, we may be considered legends of the business, but we're also both on the wrong side of forty, our status as father figures is often brought into question, we're frequently looked at as jokes, and we maybe sometimes let our demons get the best of us on national television.

And, well, we've both been anchors. Anchors in wrestling, anchors in life. Tying ourselves to others just ‘cause we can’t handle being alone, then weighing the very same people that we love right down with us into the dark abyss with our great burdens. Without us in their lives, we couldn't help but to wonder: where would they be without us? Would they be better? Are we only here to make things worse

Lately, though…I feel like we're starting to differ.

Look, this isn't just me being bitter over the fact that I spent a good chunk of last year trying to convince Matt Hodges to let me in and be the father to him that I always should've been, only for him to completely ignore me and now - apparently - open himself to everyone else as some sort of company health advisor. Why would he not reach out to me now that he’s back? Why would he go straight to you and—you know what? No. I’m not bitter. I’m not.

Why would I be bitter? Sure, I practically begged to be on the couch you find yourself on every week now, and yes, I'd probably be a better patient than you considering I'd help look after his leg because that's what caring fathers do, but—

Listen, I'm not upset about it! I beat Matt Hodges. I beat him and sent him on his way, and apparently the final destination of his way is a lame-ass gig as a wannabe guidance counsellor. Those who can't do? Well, they teach, I guess. I'm thrilled for him, honestly, but I've gotta leave him behind, because me? Well, I can do.

Which, again, Adam, is where we're beginning to differ. Time and time again, I've proved that I've got a whole lot left to do. It took me just barely over a year to win the SCW Tag League and three titles, one of which is the World Championship that I’ve now won twice. You, though…you're not really catching up, are you? 

The first time I faced you, it was in the SCW Tag League, where I could barely stand in the middle of a ring without quaking in my boots. Still, though. I went on. I beat you. I got better.

I guess you did get one over on me and Asher in round two, didn't you? I can recall having to defend my World Championship just a couple of hours removed from having lost the Tag Team Championships against you. I remember feeling so damn unworthy, especially after you took the gold off of A/C Unit. But what happened at the end of the night? I kept going and I beat Datura to keep hold of a title I wasn't sure I really deserved. 

Now, I know I deserve it.

I'm a beacon of growth. From a rusty anchor sinking further and further into the darkness…to a shimmering sail, propelling myself into the high seas, letting others latch on and ride along to reach lands they never thought possible.

You just haven't grown along with me.

We were supposed to prove - together - that age is just a number, but instead, you're giving people like me and Tom Brady a bad name! 

And this isn't me punching down on you, man, even though God knows that you're certainly beneath me with all of your very public problems…but, no, it's not that, it's just tough love. Like myself once upon a time, you need to hear these harsh truths so that you can begin to make them nothing but lies of the past.

I gain nothing from beating “Wrestling's Boat Anchor,” and it honestly makes you look like shit, that moniker. No, I want “Wrestling's Enlightenment!” I want the man that made me proud to be in the over forty club! I want the man that pinned Asher Hayes to win a World Tag Team Championship! 

I'd say that I want the man who could pin Cid Turner, but you never were that, and you never will be, huh? That's okay, though! We don't need you straining yourself. We just want you to get back to being a respectable member of the SCW roster. Ain't nothinʼ wrong with a good hand.

Look, I just want to bring you the enlightenment that you once granted professional wrestling. I'm a marked man, Adam. Everyone and their mother wants a piece of me. Hell, even someone that apparently couldn't tolerate my love and claims to not be able to stand the sight of me just can't seem to leave me the hell alone despite me beating her twice now. 

They're all over me, man. I need to stay sharp. I can't go out there fighting a drunk-ass bum, can I? While this will put an end to our personal trilogy, I have to prepare for another trilogy-ender that’s taking place at Madison Square Garden with my Goddamn World Championship on the line! So, not only is smacking around some boozer a horrible way to train for one of the biggest fights of my career, but what kind of message does that send when my helping hand is seen backhanding a hammered loser?!

Not a good one, I assure you. That's why I want you to bring your old self to Breakdown on Thursday. Yeah, you're gonna lose. You should be used to it by now. Everyone should. All I do is win, but it's still seen as a surprise somehow. So, forgive me if all this uplifting talk gets your hopes up. I don't mean to fill you with false wishes and pipe dreams.

Just try to bring yourself to my level. Help me help you, which will then in turn help me. Shoot for the moon, Adam, because while I guarantee you that you absolutely will not hit your target…you'll at least land among the stars. I only hope that you find yourself and your inner peace among those very stars, old friend. May we both make Matt Hodges proud on Breakdown.