Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Happy Farmstead Friends vs. Spencer Pryce & Marie Caedes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 RP limit per team for tag

3500 word max per RP 

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Off Camera

New Orleans, November 20th

Marie pulls a large box over to where she can open it. She straightens up and looks around the front room. When her parents offered to furnish it, they didn't go for the cheap route as all the furnishings were high quality. She walks over to the window and looks out. Mostly she is seeing tree tops but in several spots the roofs of the houses stick up above. She wonders if she is doing the right thing but then reminds herself that Lynn had not stuck with the family “training” ending up finding a second mentor, someone who helped round Lynn’s abilities and was the first to tame the legendary temper. But to get that training, Marie knows her mom had sacrifices that she wouldn't tell, just that she’d tell Marie “one day”. 

Marie finally remembers what she’s doing, and starts emptying the box. She knows the movers would have nearly died if they saw it weight lifting stuff in it, namely a set of dumb bells, mats, and half of a treadmilll, the other half currently living another box (Marie is willing to bet its in the heavy box in the bedroom). Her phone vibrates against the glass coffee table that Marie was now the keeper of. She glances at it and sees it is her mom. Marie thinks for just a second about ignoring it, but she also knows Lynn will just keep calling until she answers. Finally Marie caves. 

Marie: Hey mom, how's it going?

Lynn: I’m doing ok. How are you doing, you like the furniture, is the apartment ok? 

Marie keeps trying to get a word in, and eventually her mom takes a breath. 

Marie: The apartment is just fine, the bedroom is big enough for my treadmill, the furniture is just fine given I’m not going to be here 24/7, I’m doing fine and before you ask, yes the bed is comfortable. 

Lynn: Well besides the blanket you packed in your duffle bag, your dad and I set up a bank account and put money in it. So if you get a couple spare moments go get whatever else you need. I still can’t believe you took that ratty thing with you. 

Marie: Why? It's been mine since….what? About 3?

Marie knows that her mom has a million thoughts about that comment, but Lynn tactfully stays clear of it. 

Lynn: So how's it going with Amy and all. 

Marie: Well given that, at this moment, I have yet to ….you know go train and all. Seriously Mom, the ink is barely dry. 

Lynn: Ok, I get it, quit asking Mom. But do you think you’re going to like it? 

Marie: Everyone has been really nice, and I think it will work out. Plus I know that despite your differences that you have been very proud of what Amy has done. 

Lynn: I buried that hatchet so far back it's a relic now. But yeah, I mean if it wasnt of me, I’m not sure she would have ever become a wrestler, and not just be a fan. She’s been a huge success, and one I hope she doesn't mind me taking a bit of credit for that. So on to other things. Have you gone out and played tourist yet? 

Marie: Mom, I barely got done wrestling in a show, could I breath first. Besides I have a friend who’s offered to show me around. 

Lynn: That's good…..wait a friend? We just covered that you just moved there, so you haven't really unpacked but NOW you mention a friend? Who is it?

Marie: Seriously Mom, relax. He’s really nice and has been super supportive and…

And then it came. She realized what she just said and she braced for the backlash of saying the wrong thing. 

Lynn: Him? HIM? Who the hell is him? 

Marie: Mom, calm down! Spencer is perfectly nice. 

Marie knows her mom is trying to count to ten before speaking again. Lynn has never been one to raise her voice very often. When she has it justifiable. However this may be the first time Lynn has found fault with Marie, if there was any. 

Lynn: And do I dare ask if this is the same Spencer you’ve faced a couple times now? 

Marie: It is. 

Lynn: Marie….were you not paying attention when I said to date another wrestler can be extremely difficult and ….it can end badly? 

Marie: Mom!! It's not like we eloped and got married! He really is just a friend. Besides I almost think you called Amy already. She seems like a great lady and all, which is what I wanted to train with her. But I get this vibe that maybe she said something to him about me, and that something you said to Amy! Cripes almighty Mom! 

Marie realizes she’s getting mad at her mom, but not really sure why. Except she was defending Spencer to her own mom, not even thinking the same way that Lynn is. A few moments pass and Marie wonders if her mom hung up. But a quick glance at her phone tells her they are still connected. 

Marie: Mom, you there?

Lynn: Yeah, and you’re right. I’m over reacting. Your father is going to come….

Marie: Do you HAVE to tell Dad? Mom, you know if he thought a male puppy came near me, he’d be locking me in the attic or something. He’s even worse than you are. 

Lynn: I’ll handle your dad,and I’ll make sure he doesn’t do anything to harm you or  Spencer or whoever else is in your life. 

Marie: Thanks

Lynn: So I see that instead of facing Spencer, you’re teaming with him. How's that feel?

Marie: Strangely it feels ok. Like something that will stick around for awhile, even if we have to face each other in singles matches. I know that tag team was something you loved and all. 

Lynn: Just remember, if you’re going to team with someone, you have to trust them no matter what. 

Marie: Is that how you and Cam were? 

And Marie drops the one name that brings a certain look to Lynn and Ron. Cam had been the best of friends to Lynn for nearly 30 years, even if there was something in those 30 years neither person wanted to talk about. Marie knows her dad knows, but even he won’t utter one word. Cam had helped Marie when she first started, and she knows Lynn fully supported it. Maybe that was why her mom was unsure about Marie going to New Orleans, although Marie suspects it's because ...Mom didn't want her baby girl to leave home. Finally Marie realizes her mom asked her something. 

Lynn: You there? 

Marie: Yeah sorry got distracted for a moment. You asked…?

Lynn: Is there anything else you need? 

Marie: There is a small box in my room I couldn't cram in my car. Can you send it? 

Lynn: I can be there….

Marie: Mom, now you’re not listening. I said ship it, not hand deliver it. 

Lynn: I just wanted to check out your apartment. 

Marie: Right now it looks like an invasion of the cardboard boxes. Maybe in a few weeks? 

Lynn: Sure….hang on someone once to say hi. 

Marie shifts on the floor, as she’s been trying to unpack but wasn’t succeeding much while talking to Lynn. 

Hey there Marie!

Marie: Hey squirt, how are you doing?

Will: Squirt? I’m at least 4 inches taller than you. 

Marie laughs at her brother’s words. Will had been adopted by Lynn when Ron had requested it. She knows that Will is technically Ron’s nephew, but Will’s father had died when he was still, in a sense, a baby. Will had been orphaned at 3, but Ron had taken Will in, as it was the last words his brother said. He took the young boy to Lynn, asking to raise him as her own. Will had to take just one look at Lynn, and he ran to her, knowing she’d be his mom even though no one in the room had said it just yet. Since then he’s had two big sisters to play with, confide in, and who loved him so much. But now Emily was in New York with her dad, and Marie was in New Orleans. 

Marie: Anyway, how is the whole asking what’s her name to the dance. 

Will: What's her name is Jenny and she said yes. 

Marie: That's awesome! Been then she’d been an idiot to pass you up. 

Will: Yeah, my only issue is my “mommy” has to drive me. 

Marie: Maybe you should ask dad if you can. 

Will: If I can get him to hold still for a minute. So do you like it there? 

Marie: The apartment is nice, definitely not like home, I haven't seen much yet, except when I’m on a plane. 

Will: Can you take lots of pictures? I told a couple of my friends you were moving so I want to show them what you’ve seen. 

Marie: It might be a couple weeks, but I might be able to take some out of the apartment window. But fair warning, it's pretty  nondescript. 

Will: Still, it would be awesome. It wouldn't be Savannah. 

Marie: Then be prepared, it looks alot like Grandpa’s backyard. 

Will: Really? Well….i'm still taking a few. Hey Mom wants you. Love ya! 

Marie: Love you too. 

Lynn gets back on the phone. 

Marie: Hey mom I better get going. I wanna unpack, then shower and change so I don't smell like a locker room, at least not before I do some kind of a workout. 

Lynn: Ok, I’ll be thinking of you. Knock them dead. 

Marie: Just be following your footsteps. Love you.

Marie pushes the button and hangs up. She leans back against the couch knowing that if she’s not careful, Lynn will see through a few of the holes, come up with two plus two but getting the wrong answers. Marie stands up, shoves the box so it's not in the middle of the room, and so she doesn’t fall over it in the middle of the night. She goes into the spacious bedroom where her suitcase has taken refuge on her bed because she hasn’t finished putting stuff in the dresser. Marie finds a pair of jeans and a pullover shirt and clean undies. Then she grabs her workout stuff and pulls out the “ratty blanket” her mom had referred to and throws the workout clothes in it, zipping in close and then goes to take a shower….

On Camera

Marie Caedes is seen in her slightly messy front room, sitting on an oversize chair, her feet tucked up under her. Her hair is pulled back with a low ponytail, wisps of which have escaped to float around her face. Her shirt is untucked and she seems relaxed. But it quickly turns out, she may seem relaxed but instead she’s very focused. 

Marie: It seems that I’ve peaked someone’s interest in SCW, and I knew they would do so fairly quickly. My last match was the kind of the one I wanted, well sorta. I’m not having eight others wanting to rearrange my face, but we are both young and hungry. This week I’m taking on a team that, honestly, I’m not sure what to think. They say they want to be taken seriously when, even with my limited knowledge of Lexy, that she’s sorta scraping the barrel on these two. We have two guys who could steal the Pillsbury Doughboy’s quite easily, two guys who want to be taken seriously, but how? How can I take someone seriously who doesn't do the same for themselves? I mean, I’m most likely the last thing anyone would want to see all of, or see my overweight, out of shape, and all that. I would be hiding so well that the FBI couldn't find me. I guess in one way you wanted to be congratulated because you represent a portion of society today. Maybe you do, and yes there are people who are happy with how they look even if another decent portion of society turns away, unable to face what “could be”, I know the looks. Not because I was in your shoes, it just happens I’ve seen it in others. I know someone who back when he was a wrestler was so in shape it was scary. These days, he hasn't gained much weight, but to step in the ring now? It would take him a year to be in enough shape to face even the lowest of the ladder and win. 

I have a few people who’ve asked about teaming with a man who not once, but twice, has either defeated or has watched me be defeated. Please don't think I hold a grudge or anything against Spencer Pryce because he is truly deserving of what he won. We were in a match to get a title shot, something anyone would want, and we both had the same chance and he managed to be the one to win. I guess….I know that if I wanted someone other than me to win, it would be Spencer. He’s extremely talented, possibly more talented than anyone in SCW right now, and who knows what his future holds. I hope I’m around to watch him climb up the rungs. If he offered me his title shot would I take it? I’m not an idiot, I would take it so fast heads would spin. 

So having him as my tag partner is actually a huge, and awesome, move for me because I can team with someone who understands who I am, what I can do in the ring without him having to ask. I hope I’m not out of line saying that I hope that as a team we stay together awhile and show everyone that the tides are changing, the older people will be forced out the new people, the “kids” will move up. It won’t happen overnight but I don't plan on going anywhere, I don't think he is either. 

For our opponents what that means in my eyes is that you two have been made the laughingstock of SCW while my partner and I hope to climb up the ranks, leaving your kind behind. Plus I don't see you winning if you don't BOTH concentrate and focus on what you’re facing. However I hope you don't mind ….well save yourself the embarrassment and just don't show up. Either way you’re losing to us. 

Camera fades to black.