Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Glory Braddock vs. Kandis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, January 13, 2022
==========
January 3rd, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

It has been an entire month since Glory Braddock has seen any kind of action in Supreme Championship Wrestling. Her last match was back in December against Brittany Lohan and The British Bombshell has been anxious to get back into the ring again. She still has her eyes set upon wrapping championship gold back around her waist, and if she has her way, that piece of gold will be none other than the SCW World Championship. Unfortunately Braddock will have to wait just a little longer. It seems as if Selena Frost, the reigning World Champion, is busy fending off Holly Adams. And Braddock is not even scheduled to be at the next Breakdown event later this week in Philadelphia. Despite the month-long break, Glory is still focused on getting back on track, focused on returning to her winning ways. And right now is the perfect time to do just that; because thanks to the assistance of her ex-boyfriend Thomas Gage, a lot of her other problems have finally calmed down. No longer does she have to worry about the looming threat of Ronald Kennedy trying to expose her, ruin her reputation, and destroy her company. Her career as a businesswoman no longer is a distraction, as she can safely and confidently rely upon her corporate president, Francis Taylor, to handle business knowing that no one will try to cause any trouble. The only thing on Glory’s mind is her wrestling career.

Well, there is still one other thing on the mind of Glory Braddock. Ordinarily The British Bombshell, who puts a high value on commitment, would attend the Philadelphia Breakdown show anyway. But considering she isn’t booked for a match, Braddock has decided to spend some time in nearby Boston visiting with her extended family. Family is important to Glory and she has learned recently how important it is to stay close with your family. Family, Glory believes, should always support one another and help another. For instance, Glory helped her cousin, Kayla Jones, by providing financial support to keep her modeling agency intact. By becoming a silent partner in her cousin’s modeling business, Glory has helped keep the agency afloat during some hard times. This not only helps Kayla but it gives them an opportunity, and an excuse, to form a bond that they never had before.

The British Bombshell finds herself in her cousin’s Boston home on this Monday afternoon, the first Monday of the new year. Braddock is dressed in a long sleeve black crop top, a pleated midi high-rise pink skirt, and black patent leather high heel pumps. She is sitting on the sofa in her living room. Her cousin, Kayla Jones, enters the living room carrying two glasses of red wine. Kayla is dressed in a green long sleeve dress and black heels. She walks over and hands Glory a glass of wine and keeps one for herself before sitting down on the sofa next to Braddock.

“I am glad you came by to see me, Glory.” Kayla says as she sips on her wine. “Maybe when the boys get home from their workout we can double date?”

“I’d like that. I’m just glad Kurt has someone other than me willing to train and spar with him.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Mmmhmm…” Glory says, sipping her wine “...if you ask me, I think Kurt is thinking about an in-ring comeback, even if it is just for one or two matches.”

“You’ll never catch Trenton making a return.” Kayla says chuckling. “At least I’d be surprised if he does. I think he’s pretty content sitting back, relaxing, and cashing in on the fame and fortune he already built for himself in the business.”

“I can’t argue with that.” Glory remarks with a sigh. “Sometimes I ask myself why I keep doing this, why I keep going back into the ring? I mean, I already am the owner of a company. I’m a silent partner in your company. I run a wrestling school. All that should provide enough money to keep me happy.”

“Ah but that’s what makes you different from Trenton.” Kayla says with a sly grin. “You wrestle because you are passionate about wrestling. You love to wrestle. And you love the wrestling business.”

“You’re right, I do love it…” Glory shakes her head “...but maybe I have loved it a little too much at times. I think in the past I have made the mistake my dad made; I put wrestling before family. I’m going to avoid making that mistake again. And that’s why I’m glad I get to work with you, Kay.”

“Awwww, Glory,” Kayla leans in and embraces her cousin in a tight hug “thanks, cousin. But do me a favor, don’t get all mushy on me again, otherwise I’ll have to kick you in the face.”

Braddock chuckles as she sips her wine. “I’ll make a note of it. No kicking…”

“No kicking.” Kayla says, shaking her head.

“Since we don’t want mushy, how about we talk business? Specifically, how is the modeling business going?”

“It’s good. You wouldn’t believe how successful we’ve been with RDK out of my hair, without him trying to ruin everything. We’re signing new models, we’ve got new deals, we’re making good profits. And we have Thomas Gage to thank for that, I assume?”

Glory nods her head. Little did she know that her ex-boyfriend was doing business with Ronald D. Kennedy, the same man who had been trying to run her cousin’s modeling agency and Glory’s company into the ground. Braddock convinced Gage to intimidate RDK into backing off. She didn’t think a working relationship with her ex-boyfriend was even possible but thus far it has proven not only possible but fruitful. RDK has indeed backed off and this has resulted in the success of the modeling agency.

“Yes, Thomas managed to convinced Kennedy into keeping his nose out of our business.”

“Well that’s good. Be sure to tell him all of us here at the agency are grateful.”

“I will tell him.” Glory sips her wine.

“Speaking of the modeling agency, there is one person I wanted to ask you about.” Kayla says, her voice trailing off. Glory nods her head as she immediately knows who Kayla is referring to; it is the only person so far from the modeling agency that has made the jump to Braddock’s Wrestling School.

“Fiona?” Glory asks. Kayla nods her head and sips her wine.

“Yeah, how is she doing?”

“Well she is showing great progress. One thing I am impressed with is how quick a learner she is; she seems to catch on to each and every lesson at such a rapid pace that she very well could be the fastest graduate in the school’s history.”

“Faster than you?” Kayla asks with her eyes widened in astonishment. Glory nods her head.

“Yeah, faster than me.”

“Damn.” Kayla exclaims. “What does she seem to be best at? Technical wrestling, high risk?”

“It’s hard to tell at this point. It’s still too early. But I can tell you one thing Fiona is great at and that is strategy. She has one of the best strategic minds I have ever seen.”

“I’m not surprised.” Kayla answers. “Fiona always struck me as incredibly smart.”

“Well if she does decide to stick with it and continue into the wrestling business, her mind will be her best weapon.”

“That’s good to hear. Just do me a favor, Glory, and keep an eye out for her. Keep watching her, keep checking on her, and make sure she is safe and protected. Ok?”

“I think she is doing a pretty good job of taking care of herself.” Glory says with a chuckle. “Besides, there’s always Sophie, Randall, and the other trainers there to watch over her. She doesn’t exactly need me to watch over her shoulder.”

“You don’t get it.” Kayla shakes her head. “This isn’t about just taking care of her…” Kayla’s voice seems to have a sense of urgency, even fear. Glory furrows her brow in confusion.

“What do you mean? What’s wrong?”

“Look, Glory, I didn’t want to worry you or Fiona but…” again Kayla stops. Glory is growing slightly frustrated now as evidenced by her contorted face.

“Just spit it out. What’s wrong?”

“Fiona’s foster father, Todd Osbourne, has been inquiring about her whereabouts.”

It has been awhile but Glory does seem to recall hearing that Fiona’s biological parents were out of the picture and she had foster parents. Still this doesn’t answer what the big problem is; Fiona is already of age, she is no longer a minor and no longer under their jurisdiction.

“What does Todd want with her?”

“I think he wants to try and make money off of her success.”

“How the hell can he do that?” Glory ask incredulously. “She’s 23. Her foster father can’t control her anymore.”

“You’re right but Todd is dangerous and manipulative. Fiona may be smart, she may be intelligent, but she is also at a very sensitive point in her life. She could easily fall back under his spell without the proper guidance.”

“Oh rubbish,” Glory scoffs as she shakes her head “if he is as dangerous, if he is as bad as you make him out to be, then surely she will know better than to go back to him.”

Kayla sighs out of frustration as she sets her glass down. “Glory, you don’t understand the position Fiona is in; but I do. I understand because I was in her position. My foster father forced me into modeling wanting to bank off of my good looks and personality. And after my mother had died and my biological father had abandoned me, my psyche was so fragile that I was willing to do anything for him.” Tears form in Kayla’s eyes. “Even the most unspeakable of acts…”

“I remember how painful it was for you when your foster father, that jackass Oliver Hardy, took advantage of you. But are you seriously saying that this guy, this Todd, is just as bad?”

“He is.” Kayla says as she wipes the tears from her eyes. “From what Fiona has told me Todd Osbourne is just as bad as Oliver Hardy. And I just don’t want to see Fiona go through the same crap I had to go through. If she can escape it, then I want to help her escape it.”

“Well then tell her. Tell her all of this and…”

“No…” Kayla says adamantly, shaking her head “...it can’t be me.”

“Why the hell not you?”

“I’m her boss. She trusts me but not that much. I’m still an employer to her.” She points a finger at Glory. “But you, she trusts you, she looks up to you, she adores you.”

“So?” Glory sets her glass down as she looks at her cousin incredulously. She can sense where this is going and she doesn’t like it.

“Take her under your wing. Be her personal mentor. Hell, maybe even adopt her.”

“You’re nuts.” Glory snaps back.

“Says the woman who was mentored by Aphrodite Noel, a mentorship so close that you consider her like a mother figure.”

“That’s different, Kayla, and you know it.”

“It isn’t different, Glory.” Kayla states defiantly. “Fiona has been without a mother figure in her life for such a very long time. She needs someone she can look up to and rely on to be there for her if needed. You can be that person.”

“I just finished moving out Melinda, I still have Dawn to finish raising, I have a career in business and a career in wrestling, do I need to add something else to my plate?”

“And here I thought you started caring about family.”

“Fiona is not family.” Glory states coldly.

“No, she isn’t…not biologically. But family is more than just DNA and blood. You of all people should know that, because you know Aphrodite would do anything to help you if you asked. That’s all Fiona needs. She needs someone who she can rely on, who can help with anything she needs. And that’s all I’m asking from you; I’m just asking you to look out for Fiona.”

Glory is noticeably shaken and immediately stands up and walks away from the sofa and away from Kayla. Braddock approaches a window and stares outside. Glory can feel Kayla approaching from behind. Kayla places a gentle hand upon her shoulder.

“What’s wrong? Why can’t you do this to help someone like Fiona?”

“It may seem simple to you but it isn’t as simple as that for me. You want me to mentor Fiona in the same kind of way Aphrodite mentored me, but you have no idea what you’re asking. You have no idea what that relationship did to me. It changed me forever.”

“For the better?”

“That’s the thing.” Glory shrugs her shoulders. “I’m not sure. I mean, I learned new skills and gained new knowledge from it, sure, but I also lost touch with who and what I originally wanted to be. Before that mentorship, I knew I was a good person. But now I’m not sure.”

“I’m not asking you to do that.” Kayla states. “I’m just asking you to help a young woman who desperately needs help. Isn’t that what you originally wanted to be…someone who helped others?”

“Yes…”

“Then help her.”

“I’m still not sure.”

“At least think about it. Who knows, maybe mentoring Fiona could help you just as much as it will help Fiona?”

==========
January 13th, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
On Camera
==========

We open with the scene of the United Center in Chicago, Illinois out in the distance. The sky is cloudy, overcast, with no sunlight in sight. A few moments later and “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock steps into view from stage right. She is dressed in tight denim jeans, black boots, a black top, and a black leather jacket. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. A confident grin is etched across her lovely face.

“2022 is well under way and already this year has had its ups and its downs. Mostly downs, admittedly. But I am a positive thinker, I try to be optimistic and the way I see it, this year is an opportunity, this is another chance for me and everyone else in Supreme Championship Wrestling. If you want an example of the new opportunities just look at this past Breakdown. We have a new commissioner in Shaun Cruze. A brand new authority figure making decisions about the future of this roster, its championships, who gets the opportunities and who gets nothing. But at the end of the day you can put whomever you want in charge, Shaun Cruze or Cian, or Mr. D or one of his daughters, it doesn’t matter because the person who shows up and makes an impact will get the opportunities. The person who outperforms, outworks, and outwrestles everyone else will get the opportunities.”

Braddock pats herself on the chest. “I truly believe that I am the absolute best wrestler, the best performer, in this company. Already in my SCW tenure I have won the Trios Tournament twice, I have been Adrenaline Champion, and I have been World Champion. Now in this new year I am looking to add more gold to my SCW record. That is my new year’s resolution and I look to start my journey right here in this building behind me, The United Center in Chicago, Illinois.” Braddock motions to the United Center. A low chuckle then escapes her lips.

“Chicago is an appropriate beginning point. I mean, this city is known for its championship teams like The Chicago Bears, the Chicago Cubs, and the Chicago Bulls. But there is another little thing Chicago is rather infamous for and that is a little something called the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. It was the tipping point of a major gang war between Al Capone’s gang and Bugs Morgan’s gang. Al Capone ordered the assassination of these seven gang members, these seven thugs, all in hopes of winning the infamous Chicago Beer War and gaining full control of the Chicago underworld.” Braddock shakes her head.

“Unfortunately SCW’s landscape has resembled something out of one of those mafia stories lately. You have The Brand, Lexy Chapel’s crew, and of course The Jackals. And they all have the same mantra, the same motto, the same strategy; strength in numbers, win by any means necessary. And as I look at the card for Breakdown and I see myself matched up against Kandis, one of the Jackals, I don’t see the spirit of competition that you might think of with the Chicago Bears, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, or other Chicago sports franchises.” Glory shakes her head. “No, instead I find this battle between myself and Kandis more reminiscent of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. I feel like I’m at a Lincoln Park Chicago garage waiting for Kandis to arrive with all of her thug pals to attack me all at once.”

Braddock smirks knowingly. “That’s what you do, right? That’s all that you do. When you don’t get what you want you throw a tantrum and then you and your friends jump whoever it is that stopped you, you attack whoever it is that got in your way. Just a typical gang assault that is on the level of a typical thug and not on the level of an athlete, not on the level of a competitor. Now I have no problem how anyone chooses to live their lives but professional wrestling is sacred. Just like any other competitive sport it should be respected. Now I wish you and I could have a straight up wrestling match, may the best woman win. But I am not stupid. I know exactly what will happen. It’s the same bloody story that happens in damn near all of your matches.” Glory rolls her eyes.

“We will have a good match, I will start to take the advantage, and then just when I’m ready to close the show and put your lights out Tommy will come running out and jump me from behind. Or maybe Drake will find his balls after getting his ass kicked by Owen and come after me? It might be two on one, it might be three on one, but ultimately you are going to use the numbers game to your advantage because that seems to be all you know how to do. All you know how to do is cheat because you are cheap. But Kandis, I will be ready for that. I have been around this business for a very long time and I have seen every dirty trick in the book and there’s nothing you can do that will surprise me. So yes, I will be prepared for any and every dirty trick you try to utilize against me. And trust me, mate, it won’t work. You will go down in defeat to The British Bombshell. I will choke you out or make you tap out.”

“And you will continue your downward spiral, because you fail to learn the lessons of history. Those who try to take the cheap way out, those who try to cheat their way through life, they never win in the end. Their entire world ultimately collapses around them. Take Al Capone, for instance. His brilliant St. Valentine’s Day Massacre hit ultimately led to his downfall. That massacre attracted the attention of the federal government and ultimately Capone was brought down.”

Braddock points a finger at the camera. “And you, Kandis, your world is already collapsing around you. You and Tommy have tried how many times to win the tag team championship? And how many times have you failed? Despite your cheap shots, your cheating, your gang tactics, despite all of that you could not get the job done. Now I’m not going to pretend that my year has been any better, but I can at least safely say that my reputation is intact. I have made my mark upon the wrestling world and history will always and forever know the name Glory Braddock as one of the best in the world. But what will the name Kandis be remember for in the wrestling world? Unless you decide to pull your head out of your own ass you will forever be a footnote in wrestling history. You will be remembered as one of a gang of nameless thugs. You will be remembered as that tag team who happened to win a participation trophy but not the championship. You will be remembered as one of the competitors who got to lose to Team Lexy inside Thunderdome. And after we’re done in the United Center, you will be known as one of many who was choked out or made to tap out at the hands of Glory Braddock.”

She shuts her eyes. “Sic Semper Tyrannis…”
OOC: The appropriate person is aware of the angle starting in this and agreed.
----------------

Breakdown 1-14-22