Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Lee vs. Kandis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Owen Lee vs. Kandis

2 RP Limit
Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, January 22, 2022
17th July 2021

Los Angeles

So that was it, the end of an era. SCW had wasted very little time in coming out and saying that Owen’s contract had been bought out and he was no longer a member of the roster. He wasn’t going to lie, for all his feelings towards that place in the end, It was weird not belonging to something. And more than anything he felt like he had wasted the last three years of his life. That said, he understood now why he had to do it. Having the fine hanging around his neck and being say twiddling his thumbs wasn’t the best use of his time. He knew that Daisy wanted to get him back in the ring, but even now, Owen wasn’t sure that he wanted to return to competition, that flame that once burned so brightly now diminished to nothing more than a flicker. He knew he had to do ‘something’, Owen might have been a lot of things, but he had never been considered lazy. But he wasn’t sure that wrestling was that ‘something’. He had more money than most people his age, but money had never been the be all and end all, and it certainly wasn’t why he had gotten into wrestling. He was intrigued by what would happen next, what Daisy had in store for him. And he had to admit to himself, he hoped that somehow, she reignited that flame inside of him, though he wasn’t sure that was possible.

But, when Owen had returned from Toronto, Daisy wasn’t there. Just a note that read that she would be back soon. And because of all that she had said, Owen thought that strange. She had promised that she would be there for him, and that she would help him to find all that he had lost, whilst once again giving him purpose. She had to know how he would be feeling on his return and made sure that she was there for him. Of course, Owen knew she had her own life, her own goals, but after all the promises she had made, Owen couldn’t help but feel a little abandoned, whilst at the same time cursing himself for once again acting like a kid. His mind was all over the place, until he remembered something that she had said before he left for Toronto.

She could help him, just like she had helped him in the past. She had made a promise, a promise to Orlando maybe, but a promise none the less. She could give him the tools to bring back his confidence, she could oil the wheels for him, and get back what he had lost, but what she couldn’t do was fix that which was going on in his head. This whirlpool of emotions that simply wouldn’t ever stop. That was going to need someone professional. Someone who even now Owen trusted far more than most, even his own family. He needed Andy, the psychiatrist that had pulled him back from the brink once before. Thankfully, Owen had never deleted his number from his cellphone. He brings up the contact and with only a momentary hesitation, he calls the number, switching his phone onto speaker before placing it on the sofa arm, waiting for the eventual answer.

Andy: Good afternoon, Andy Psychiatrist speaking

Owen smirks, Andy wasn’t your stereotypical shrink, and his methods were strange to some. If Owen hadn’t experienced it before, right now he’d be having doubts that Andy was the right person to help him.

Owen: Hey, deleted my number then I take it?

Andy: I’m sorry… who is this?

Owen: It’s Owen Cru… 

He stops himself

Owen: … it’s Owen, you remember me, don’t you?

Andy: Ah yes, Owen… of course. I’m so sorry, only recently got a new phone and lost a few contacts. Apologies.

Owen: No problem

Andy: Anyway, what can I do for you Owen, everything OK?

Owen pauses, biting his bottom lip

Andy: Owen?

Owen: No… everything not OK. I think I need to book in for a session.

Andy: Is it the dreams again?

Owen: No, it’s something far worse. Can you fit me in ASAP?

Andy: Well, I’m pretty stacked at the moment…

Owen lowers his head in disappointment, he really didn’t want to see anyone else.

Andy: But as it’s you, I reckon I can make an exception. Got a gap on the 22nd… perhaps we could meet up at that Coffee House you like?

It was a place that his former ‘friends’ often frequented, and he really didn’t want to put himself in that situation.

Owen: I’d rather not, can I come to the office?

Andy: Ah, old school huh? Yeah OK, about two thirty suit?

Owen: Yeah, that’s perfect. Thanks

As he is speaking the door opens, and Daisy works in, immediately looking suspicious.

Owen: Anyway, I’ve got to go, thanks a lot…

He hangs up the phone before Andy can answer and turns to Daisy.

Owen: Hey…

Daisy puts her luggage on the floor, and tilts her head to one side

Daisy: Who was that?

Usually, Owen would be irritated by the inquisition, but he knew what Daisy was getting at. He had promised her that he wouldn’t try to call Jennifer, or indeed Peyton until he had his head straight and was ready, and that was obviously what he was being accused of now.

Owen: It wasn’t Jenni if that’s what you are implying?

Daisy: Well, you hung the phone up pretty quickly when you saw me. That tells me you were doing something you shouldn’t.

Owen: Yeah, well perhaps I shouldn’t be trusted to be left alone then huh?

Daisy smirks, for at least the moment her questioning expression fading. 

Daisy: Aww, poor little Owen not liking it all alone.

Owen: I couldn’t give a shit Daisy; I’m used to it. But when you promise…

Daisy: You should keep that promise right?

Owen: Well yeah

Daisy: And my promise was to get your head straight correct?

Owen: Yes…

Daisy: And that’s exactly where I’ve been, preparing the next stage. Thought being alone with your thoughts for a couple of days wouldn’t do you any harm. After all, we’re not acting like a kid, anymore are we?

Owen: I guess not. So where have you been?

Daisy: We’ll get to that later. First, how’s about you tell me who was on the phone? And no lies Owen, you know I can tell.

He knew she could tell alright, not as he dared to lie anyway.

Owen: It was my psychiatrist.

Daisy: Oh…

The surprise on her face is obvious.

Owen: Yeah, you said it might be a good idea, and I agree. I’m seeing him in a few days.

Daisy: Oh…

Owen laughs, it was not often he had managed to make Daisy speechless, but it looked like he had achieved it here.

Owen: You can say something, it’s not that big a deal

Daisy walks over to the refrigerator and pours herself some juice. She takes a sip before turning back to Owen.

Daisy: I know you said you would, but I didn’t think you would take it upon yourself.

Owen: Daisy, I’ll be the first to admit, the first time Shaun recommended a shrink, I wasn’t certain. As far as I was concerned, I didn’t want a stranger all up in my business, especially one that was costing me a fortune for the pleasure. But as the dreams got worse and more frequent, and started affecting my life, I realized I had nothing to lose. And right here, right now I find myself in that exact same situation… with nothing to lose.

Daisy: You do yourself a disservice. 

Owen: Yeah, I know you believe that I can be redeemed, and get folks back on my side and I appreciate that, I really do. But I remember back then, I had Jaina with me through it all, and then Jennifer, but still I couldn’t have gotten through it without Andy. I got you, and that’s amazing, but with all due respect, you know full well that’s not necessarily enough. If I’m going to get back all that I lost, I need him. And because I’ve been to him before, I already know he understands me. Believe me, it’s a lot easier going to see him, than it was going to Toronto to meet with that smarmy SCW official.

Daisy nods and takes a seat on the sofa next to him.

Daisy: Well, I’m glad you made the step on your own, because at the end of the day that is what this is all about. Giving you what you need to finally be able to stand on your own two feet and stop making snap decisions that cost you. I’m glad you understand that, because it means that I can concentrate on the other part of making you whole. Getting you back in the ring.

Owen: Daisy, about that… I’m not sure.

Daisy: I know that’s what you are thinking right now, but we have already established that you are not in the right frame of mind to make a decision like that.

Owen: I know, but it just doesn’t interest me anymore.

Daisy: Tell me Owen, before all of this tell me the two things that made you the happiest.

Owen: Jen…

Daisy: And?

Owen: Standing in the middle of the ring, but…

Daisy: No Owen, no buts. I get that you don’t think the fire is there, but you’re the guy that thought you didn’t need Jennifer.

Owen: Ouch…

Daisy shrugs her shoulders

Daisy: It’s true. Every decision you made over the past year; you’ve made because you were angry. Right?

Owen: I guess so

Daisy: The one good decision, coming to me. Why did you make it? Because you don’t care enough anymore to be angry. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be here.

Owen: No, it’s because I trust you.

Daisy: Why? Why should you trust me, when I’m only helping because of a promise made to your Father?

Owen: He’s not my Father.

Daisy: Why? Because it wasn’t his seed that made you?

Owen: HE LIED TO ME!!!

Daisy: He lied to PROTECT you. You being a bitch about it changes nothing.

Daisy looks down at Owen’s fist which has become clenched, and she smiles.

Daisy: Go on then Owen, do it. React the way you always do when someone tells you the truth. 

Owen’s eyes narrow

Daisy: Or, you can let go of that anger, and work towards realizing that Orlando was just as much a Father to you, as he was Ruby, and that’s he loved you as a son. HIS son.

Owen: No, I won’t ever do that.

Daisy: We’ll see Owen.

Owen unclenches his fist and takes a deep breath as he had been taught to, using techniques he hadn’t used in a long time.

Daisy: Pity you didn’t employ that breathing when you attacked Olek huh?

Owen: Very funny.

Daisy: Nah, Rachel’s the comedian out the two of us. 

Owen: So anyway, where were you whilst I was sticking to our plan?

Daisy: Ah yes, just a short trip to ensure that everything was ready for you.

Owen: For me?

Daisy: Yes. Look, I get it. I’ve been where you are, with the passion for what we do gone. For me, it was different, I can exist without competing, but you… Owen, I don’t think you realize that it is the business that makes you tick. It’s who you are. But the Owen from before, he had the tools yes, probably one of the most talented young superstars SCW had, but you were given too much, too soon. You had the desire, you had the courage, but the one thing you were missing was the aggression that stood people apart from you. Your style was purely reactive, and against the very best, it wasn’t enough. To bring that passion back, we need to get you to believe that you can be on the front foot against ANYONE and take matches to them. No more waiting for that one opportunity to strike. Strike First, Strike Hard…

Owen: You kidding me, right?

Daisy: What?

Owen: You’re really quoting a Netflix series?

Daisy: If I am, then yes. Mercy Owen is for the weak. You don’t have to be an asshole about it to make sure you are the one with the advantage. No more waiting for mistakes… instead we are going to be capitalizing on that speed and putting people away. Quickly, and efficiently.

Owen: How?

Daisy: Simple. By making you the toughest son of a bitch alive. By training in the one environment that my sister and I thrived in.

Owen scowls obviously confused.

Daisy: Owen, I think it’s time that we introduced you to the Slaughterhouse

Owen: Slaughterhouse, Geez, that sounds a little ominous.

Daisy: Oh Owen, you sweet little boy… if only you knew

Owen’s eyes widen, as the scene fades

19th July 2021
Los Angeles

Over the next couple of days, Owen came to realize that Daisy learning of his predicament and reaching out to him hadn’t come as any kind of accident. Of course, Daisy was all too happy to help, but after a little probing as to why Daisy had contacted him, and their promise to each other than neither of them would ever lie, Daisy had revealed that it was Taylor who had asked her to intervene, unsure of where Owen’s life was leading it there wasn’t intervention. And at first, Owen had been angry at this revelation, and seen it as someone else from his past getting involved when he hadn’t wanted help. But after some gentle coaxing from Daisy, it had become obvious that Taylor was very concerned. Although not her son, then again, he wasn’t Orlando’s either, Taylor had MOST of the time been nice to him, even if the same couldn’t be said of Shaun. Daisy told him that to move forward, he needed to speak with Taylor, even if it was just the once, and to be fair to Taylor, she was quick to agree. Now, having arrived at the house and stepping up to the door, he wasn’t afraid to admit he was having second thoughts, expecting an earful. Luckily the door opens before he can knock, and the first person he sees is Sebastian, the realization immediately hitting home that he wasn’t his brother, but his cousin. Before he can react, Taylor ushers Sebastian back into the house, motioning for Owen to come in. He didn’t know if Sebastian recognizes him, but the little boy brings Owen a toy to play with anyway.

Owen: Thank you…

The boy smiles and runs off into the house somewhere, Taylor placing a hand on his shoulder

Taylor: Take a seat Owen, I’ll just get someone to keep an eye on Sebastian for me.

Owen sits in the living area, looking around at the photos on the wall, one of him and Orlando still proudly hanging on the mantelpiece. It isn’t even a minute till Taylor returns, catching him looking at the photo.

Taylor: I remember when I took that. Good times.

Owen: If you say so. Shame it was all a lie.

Taylor was well renowned for her temper, but this wasn’t a time for her to lose it. Instead, she smiles, and offers Owen a drink.

Owen: I’ll take a JD and Coke

Taylor: Your Fathers favorite.

Owen: True… I’ll just have the coke, thanks. 

Again, she just smirks, pouring him a glass and passing it over. Once she has her drink she sits down in the chair, leaving Owen on the sofa. 

Taylor: So, how have you been? Daisy been looking after you, I hope.

Owen: Well, she doesn’t lie to me, so that’s something.

Taylor takes another sip of her drink, knowing exactly what was coming next.

Taylor: Go on, ask your question.

Owen: Did you know anything, at all about who my real Father was?

Taylor: No Owen, no I didn’t. And if I had, I would have asked your Father to tell you.

Taylor takes another sip of her drink and then places it down on the coaster.

Taylor: When you came to me that night, I still didn’t believe it Owen. I had to go and speak to Kloe myself, because there was nothing about it that rang true. Fact is Owen, you have every right to be angry for what Orlando did. I’m angry that he lied to you as well. But I wasn’t going to let you self-implode like Shaun did. I knew you wouldn’t listen to me, or Kloe, or even Shaun. And you’d burnt your bridges with Jennifer and Peyton. Daisy was the only person I knew that might still be able to get through to you and stop you from ruining your life. So yes Owen, Orlando DID lie to you and I understand if you can’t forgive him for that. But I’m sure he had his reasons, right or wrong, and if he’d had the chance, I’m sure he would have told you.

Owen: Mom, I wasn’t a kid when he died, they could have told me.

Taylor: I think as time went by, it just got harder and harder Owen. And then, it was too late.

Owen lifts his glass

Owen: I think I will have that Jack Daniels 

Taylor smiles and gets to her feet, taking out the bottle and pouring a generous shot into the coke, Owen immediately taking a taste and then licking his lips.

Taylor: Have you been to see Kloe?

Owen: No, and I’ve not intention of doing either.

Taylor: Look, just because she’s the one still here, doesn’t mean she deserves to take the brunt of it all.

Owen: I just can’t… not yet. It’s too soon. I gotta get MY head straight before I deal with her shit.

Taylor reaches into a table by the side, and opens a drawer, pulling out an envelope. She then pushes it across the coffee table and towards Owen.

Taylor: Taylor asked me to give you this…

Owen: I don’t want it

Taylor: I think you should read it Owen.

Owen: I don’t care… I’ve no interest in anything that she has to say.

Taylor: She’s your Mother Owen, and no matter what she has done, I won’t let you disrespect her.

Owen: Is she though? Is she my Mother? Because let’s face it, in this family you can never be so sure. Maybe there are some adoption papers I’ll come across when I sixty, what then? Will I still not given her enough time to tell me the truth?

Taylor can see the anger building in Owen, and although he is doing his best to keep in under the surface, how much he is struggling. 

Taylor: Owen, we both know how quickly life can be extinguished, we’ve both felt that suffering that comes with losing someone that we love. Don’t make the mistake of never making peace with your Mother, because I know you. You’ll regret it, and then what? She loves you, and she’s sorry. Isn’t that worth hearing her out?

Owen: She lied to me…

Taylor: Yes. And maybe after she has explained you’ll still feel the same. The thing is, whether she has lied or not, she is still your Mother, and still deserves the chance to explain. You owe her that. And she owes you the truth.

A few years ago, Owen could never have imagined Taylor defending his Mother, and yet here she was, trying to push them back together when a few years back she was the one who had pulled them apart. A lot of water had flowed under the bridge since then, it felt like a lifetime ago. But even with Taylor’s coaxing words, Owen still wasn’t sure. He does however pick up the envelope and put it in his jacket pocket.

Owen: No promises

Taylor holds up her hands

Taylor: All I ask is that you give it some thought. I wouldn’t be a good Mom to you if I didn’t at least try.

It was funny, her still calling herself ‘Mom’ but in all honesty, right now she felt like more of a Mom to Owen than Kloe did. He needed to be able to keep his temper in Kloe’s presence. He needed to be able to listen to her without interrupting. He KNEW that this had to happen for him to be able to move forwards. But he couldn’t, not right now. He wasn’t capable of forgiveness, and possibly never would be.

Owen: I’ll give it some thought, sure. But if I decide that the answer is no, then you gotta respect that.

Taylor: OK, I’ll try. But no promises.

She smirks, and for the first time so does Owen, Taylor using his own words against him.

Taylor: So, how are things with Daisy? I saw on social media that you’ve bought out your contract. I never liked Olek anyway.

Owen: Yeah, she didn’t think it best having that hanging around my neck.

Taylor: So is that it? For wrestling I mean. Because just because it’s what Orlando wanted, doesn’t mean you should give something up you are so obviously good at.

Owen: I thought so yeah, I don’t feel the passion for it anymore, but Daisy believes I’m fooling myself.

Taylor: There’s only you that knows for sure Owen.

Owen: I know… the scary thing is though, without wrestling what can I do? It’s not like I’m Ruby and have a proper talent

Taylor: Wrestling is a talent Owen, but you also ran a successful business.

Owen: Nah, it was just my name, Mom and Pixie did all the work.

Taylor: There’s a million and one things that you could do, but Daisy is right, you should make sure. So, what’s she got planned?

Owen: I dunno, something called the slaughterhouse…

Owen see’s Taylor’s eyes widen

Owen: Apparently, I need toughening up

Taylor: Well, you’ll certainly get that there. 

Owen: What is it? 

Taylor: It’s exactly as it sounds… but I wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise.

Owen: Tell me!!!

Taylor just smirks, picking up the bottle of JD and holding it towards Owen, Owen however declining.

Taylor: All I’m going to say is trust Daisy and her methods. Her and Rachel didn’t get as tough as they are without going through precisely what it sounds you are about to. Not matter how bad it gets, however much your hurting, push through and I promise you’ll find out if the wrestling business is still for you, or not. And if you decide it is, you’ll be a much stronger competitor for it. It won’t be easy kid, but you can do it. You’re Orlando’s boy…

Owen is about to protest, but Sebastian walks back into the room, and jumps up on the sofa, perching himself on Owen’s knee. All Owen can think of is a time when his life was as simple as Sebastian’s, when being a grown up seemed a million miles away. Now, he knew it was time to stop being that entitled kid, brought into the business by one of the best. It was time for him to stand on his own two feet, not as Icon’s child, but by his own name. It was time for him to finally put away childish things, and grow up. He didn’t know it now, but the Slaughterhouse was the perfect place.

22st July 2021
New York

“Andy will see you now…”

The receptionist breaks Owen from his trance, and he rises to his feet.

Receptionist: You know which office yes?

Owen: I’ve spent a few hours here so yeah.

The receptionist doesn’t appreciate Owen’s tone, even if he was only joking, but she didn’t look in the mood for an apology, so he continues on his way. Reaching the office, he knocks on the door.

“What you knocking for… we’re friends aren’t we?”

Owen opens the door, and almost immediately Andy jumps from his seat, and instead of fist bumping him, throws his arms around him and gives him a huge hug. When he lets go, he motions for Owen to take a seat, whilst also sitting down himself.

Owen: Wow, that was quite a hug

Andy: It’s nice to get a potential client through the door

Owen: Huh, I thought you were stacked… you had to find time for me.

Andy: Ah yes, that. Hmmm, I lied.

Part of Owen wants to say that there is a lot of that going around, but he doesn’t.

Owen: So, what’s going on, business a bit slack?

Andy: If slack means non-existent, then yeah… it’s slack alright.

Owen: What happened, you were coining it in last time we spoke.

Andy puffs out his cheeks, exhaling slowly.

Andy: Well, as you know, my methods are a little ‘unique’. 

Owen: You could say that.

Andy: This client came to me with this proper fear of heights, couldn’t even take a flight of stairs he was that bad. I thought it would be a good idea to take him Orienteering, see some sights, look over the top of some hills, that kind of thing. 

Owen: Sounds like the kind of thing you’d do

Andy: Exactly… I mean, how was I supposed to know he’d fall down a ravine and break both his legs.

Owen: Shit

Andy: Yeah, I think he did on the way down… didn’t break his fall though. But as you can imagine, one successful lawsuit on his part later, and nobody wants to hire me anymore. ONE accident out of what, I don’t know how many people I’ve helped and I’m the Psychiatrist version of Kanye West, everyone hates me. I mean, I can’t even get a pretty receptionist to work for me and I get Janet.

Owen: Yeah, I met Janet, quite the character.

Andy: So when you called, I thought you might not come if I told you first. Surprised Shaun hasn’t told you.

Owen: Well, we don’t speak much.

Andy: And of course, if knowing this means you’d prefer to go somewhere else, I’d understand.

Owen shakes his head

Owen: Bro, there is no one else I’d prefer to pay an extortionate fee to than you. 

Andy puts both his hands on his chest

Andy: Oh Owen, that’s so sweet. I’d knock ten percent off, but you know, I need the money.

Owen:  It’s all good man, I just hope you can help.

Andy: Me too… imagine having one patient, and that one patient tops himself, not cool. Oh shit, Finn…sorry Owen.

Owen: Nah, it’s OK. How’s about you settle back into the old routine, and I’ll tell you what’s been going on.

Andy: Do I need a notepad?

Owen: Bro, you may need a drink.

Andy: Not whilst on the job

Owen: Since when

Andy: Since my reputation went to shit

Owen: Good point.

Andy: Anyways, start at the beginning, let’s see if I can fix you… AGAIN. 

Owen runs his hand through his hair, licking his lips that have gotten dry.

Owen: Orlando isn’t my Dad…

Andy at first doesn’t seem to compute what he is being told, then reacts the only way Andy does.

Andy: WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Owen: Oh, it gets better. You know the guy who blew his brains out in front of me?

Andy: Hold on, I can get this. Finn, Orlando’s brother yeah… bad sort.

Owen: That’s the one… well it turns out HE’S my real Dad.

Andy sits there wide-eyed, and pulls a bottle of gin from the cabinet, pouring himself a shot and then downing it straight.

Andy: WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Owen: Yep, imagine that. All that therapy, thinking it was my Uncle when in fact it was my dear old Dad.

Andy: So Kloe…

Owen: Did the no pants dance with Orlando’s brother. Yep, couldn’t write about it could you?

Andy starts scribbling down notes, his excitement starting to build. He’d not had nothing as juicy as this for a long time. In fact, he’d not had ANYTHING for a long time.

Andy: So, how did you find this out? Kloe told you?

Owen: Oh no… that would have been too easy. It would have hurt, but I reckon I could have gotten over it. No, I had to find out for myself, by accident, and even then, Mom tried to lie to me about it. So, as you can imagine, finding out that my life has been pretty much a lie… it kinda stings.

Andy: And not the best turn of events for someone who has suffered with anger issues in the past. Can I ask you a question?

Owen shrugs his shoulders

Owen: Sure, if it helps

Andy: Well, as you know from before, sometimes when you solve an issue, mentally I mean, it’s important to pinpoint precisely what the issue is. 

Owen: Obviously

Andy: Yeah but tell me. You’re angry, you’re lashing out at everyone?

Owen nods, just a little embarrassed.

Andy: Pissing off people that don’t deserve it, probably pushing them away

Owen: Sounds about right.

Andy: So that angry, is it because you were lied to, or because Orlando isn’t your Father?

Owen: Both

Andy: OK, let me rephrase, which pisses you off the most

Owen lowers his head

Owen: The fact they lied to me for years… and now of the two person I blame for all of it, the one person I need to, I can’t shout at because he’s fucking dead.

Andy: Orlando?

Owen: Yeah… and he might have been able to forgive Mom for cheating on him, but I can’t.

Andy nods his head and takes a few more notes.

Owen: I guess, if I push past all the anger and hate… end of the day, Orlando was still the person that brought me up. I’m who I am because of him. So, the fact he isn’t my blood Father and actually my Uncle, I think I can get past that…

Andy: But you need to know why they lied to you. And one person you won’t speak to because you can’t stand to be in the same room right now, and the other has passed away?

Owen: Yeah, that about sums it up.

Andy again writes something down in his notebook, Owen as he always does, straining to see.

Andy: We’ll come back to that… what about you’re actual Father? What are your feelings towards him?

Owen shifts in his seat; he’d asked himself that question several times.

Owen: I don’t know. I mean, obviously I wish I’d have listened to him when he was telling me the truth. But as for any feelings towards him… the guy was threatening me with a shotgun if I didn’t give him money. He obviously didn’t want any part of me when I was a kid and was only concerned about getting paid to stay quiet.

Andy: You know that?

Owen confirms it with a nod.

Owen: Then their relationship disintegrated when he got sent down, and only resurfaced when he got out. I’m glad he’s gone; he was an asshole. And although he told me the truth about this, he told me a shit ton of other lies. Seems that it runs in the family.

Andy: So, do you think you’d still be as angry if Orlando was still alive?

Owen: No, I don’t think I would. Because I’d have somewhere to put all this anger. I could tell him how much I idolized him, and how this has just ripped all that apart. I could let him know how I’ve lost a sister… my fucking sister, just because he didn’t have the guts to come clean. But I can’t… so I’ve got all this shit going on in my head, and although I’m doing all the techniques you taught me… I just don’t think I’m going to be able to hold onto it forever. And with that hanging over me, I can’t be around people. I just can’t.

Andy: Going out on a limb here, can I assume that you and Jennifer are no longer together?

Owen: Nah, that ended a while ago

Andy: One of the people you pushed away?

Owen: Yes

Andy: And do you regret that, pushing her away I mean?

Owen: No, because she shouldn’t have to deal with my shit. It’s not her problem.

Andy: And did you both make that decision?

Owen: No, I gave her no choice by how I was being. And now the only person I have is Daisy… oh and Taylor. I’ve thrown away everything and all because of THIS. Even more reason to hate them.

Andy writes something else in his notebook, and then shuts it, placing it on the table.

Owen: Is that it?

Andy: I think I’ve heard enough for now. This Daisy, see’s basically your support network now yeah?

Owen: That’s right

Andy: Well, I’d like to meet her, do you think we can arrange that?

Owen: Errmm, I think so. 

Andy: Good, because I CAN help you Owen, believe it or not, I’ve seen situations like this before, and the fact that you accept Orlando brought you up as a Father, that’s half the battle won already.

Owen: Even if it was bullshit…

Andy: I don’t think you believe that Owen, in fact I know you don’t. The crux of the matter is your hurt, and you can’t see a way of getting rid of that pain. But I think deep down, you know exactly what I’m going to say.

Owen: Nope, that’s why I’m paying you the big bucks.

Andy smirks, truth was he was excited to finally have something to get his teeth into, rather than the mundane cases he had been getting. His practice needed this, and soon enough people would be coming back through the doors and not blaming him for what in essence was one mistake.

Andy: You have to take a big hold grab of your balls, squeeze them tight, and go speak with Kloe.

Owen: Not a chance

Andy: Owen, you need an explanation, and literally the only person that can give that to you, is her.

Owen: I just can’t do it Andy, it’s too much

Andy: I’m not saying it won’t be difficult, but the simple fact of the matter is if you don’t. If you can’t stand in front of her and confront her and allow her to at least try and explain what happened, then there is literally nothing I can do. I could probably help you from taking it out on the world, but when it comes to moving on and losing that hate, you need this.

Owen rubs his eyes, knowing that deep down, he knew this to be the case. It was fine Shaun, Taylor, and even Daisy giving him their thoughts, but only Kloe knew what really happened all those years ago.

Owen: How can I trust her to be truthful with me now after all she has lied about.

Andy: Because I know she loves you. Even if you don’t think so, she does. And if the truth stops her from losing you, she’ll take that chance. You forget she’s been a patient too… I know her almost as well as you.

Andy can see Owen doesn’t like the idea.

Andy: Look, give it some thought. You don’t have to do it alone, you could both come into the practice and I’ll sit as mediator to make sure it doesn’t get out of control. But please Owen, believe me, this is the best way for you to start moving forwards, no matter how much it might hurt to hear. You’re strong, even if you don’t feel it and I promise once you hear what she has to say, it will feel like a weight been lifted. Then, it’s up to you what comes next.

Owen: OK, I’ll think on it.

Andy: Good… and do me a favor huh, if you know anyone else who needs a friendly neighborhood Psychiatrist, send them my way.

Owen: I have no friends remember

He’s only half joking, and a wry smile forms on his face.

Andy: That’s only temporary Owen… you’ll see.

From there, the conversation turns to other things. Casual banter replaces professional help, and for the first time, in a long time, Owen leaves the Practice having never once felt judged. He still didn’t know if he’d agree to meet with Kloe, what he did know was that he needed the truth, every sordid detail of it. And if Kloe was the ONLY way, then maybe that’s what he had to do. And hope that like the saying went, the truth really did set him free.
30th July 2021 - Texas

Owen brings the car to a half outside a building having been instructed to by Daisy. It hadn’t been a particularly long drive from the airport, but the Hire Car handled like a bitch, and Owen was glad of some respite. He peers out from Daisy’s passenger side window, taking in the building.

Owen: This is it? 

Daisy: Yep, what do you think? 

Owen: Well, it doesn’t look as horrific as it sounded that’s for sure.

Daisy gets out, and looks up and down at the building, Owen getting out as well, pulling his sports bag from the back. Only now do his eyes widen, as he can finally get a good look at the place. 

Owen: It’s a literal slaughterhouse?

Daisy: Yep, the perfect place for you to get back your mojo.

Owen scowls, still not really understanding.

Owen: Is it like still in operation?

Daisy: For sure, my Dad owns it… come on, I’ll introduce you to him.

Daisy starts walking towards the entrance, and then steps inside. Immediately she sees her Father, and she walks up and throws her arms around him.

Dad: Daisy, it’s great to see you. And I’m guessing this is young Owen?

Daisy: In the flesh. Owen, this is Howard

Owen holds his hand out, her Father taking it as Owen only now sees the blood covered apron. 

Howard: Good to meet you kid, Daisy has spoken a lot about you.

Owen: Good to meet you too Mr. Lee

Howard: Please, call me Howard. Hope you realize what you’ve gotten yourself into here. It’s not for the faint hearted.

Owen: I’m ready for whatever she throws at me

Howard: That’s half the battle son. 

He turns back to Daisy.

Howard: It’s all ready for you…

Daisy leans forwards and kisses him on the cheek, ignoring the blood splatter.

Daisy: Thank you, I really appreciate this.

Howard: Not a problem… well, good luck Owen, you’re going to need it.

Daisy places a hand on his shoulder and leads him through a door and to the back, Owen immediately recognizing the drop in temperature. 

Owen: Christ, it’s freezing in here. 

Daisy grins, that had been her first reaction all those years ago.

Daisy: What did you expect?

Owen: It not to be so damn cold…

He exhales, his eyes widening as he sees his own breath. 

Daisy: We can hold back a little if you want, it’s been a long drive, a long flight… we can kick all this off in the morning if you want. 

Owen: No time like the present Daisy. I’m intrigued as to how you believe that this place is going to bring back my love for wrestling.

Daisy: It will kid, all you gotta do is trust the process. 

Owen: I don’t know about the process, but I trust you.

Daisy laughs, holding out her arm so Owen can pass her his jacket.

Daisy: Let’s see if you still feel the same in a few hours.

Daisy leaves the room so that Owen can get changed, and although he thinks it, Owen doesn’t question why he couldn’t get changed in a place that was a little warmer. He changes into a sweatshirt and a pair of tracksuit bottoms, a pair of trainers finishing off the outfit and then shouts for Daisy to come back in. She walks past him, beckoning him to follow which dutifully he does. 

Daisy: A surefire way of showing how much you care about something is what you are willing to endure to achieve your goals. In the past you have gone through Taking Hold of the Flame, the Elimination Chamber… and on most occasions you have fallen at the final hurdle. Take the Chamber, that was your first World title defense wasn’t it? 

Owen: Yeah, don’t remind me

Daisy: I watched your promos for that event, and it sounded like you’d lost before you even entered. That is the kind of logic we need to get rid of, whilst at the same time get you able to go to places you didn’t believe possible. For many years you’ve spoken of the Cruze ‘desire’ and ‘never say die attitude’… we need to evolve that into something else.

They stop, Owen staring at three or four meat hooks that are nearby, Daisy stood next to one.

Daisy: By showing you that even with all the places you’ve been, and the pain you have endured in your life, you have it within you to go even further. Ace Marshall had that at Taking Hold of the Flame. Sienna Swann and James Evans had it at the elimination chamber. We need to bring out the monster that resides in all of us, containing it, and using it to push you to places you never thought possible. We need people to step into the ring knowing it is almost possible to put and keep you down… right now you simply don’t have that.

Owen: OK, I’ll take your word for it.

Daisy: You don’t have to. You believed Giovanni Aries didn’t break you, because you eventually got the victory, and yet still, he knew precisely what to use to get inside your head, and you went into that match weaker than you ever had before. You still won yes, and you deserve credit for that, but do you think Giovanni cared about losing, when just a few months later he saw you quit. Don’t get me wrong, there are not many Giovanni’s in this world, but you need to learn to ignore the white noise, and remain focused, no matter what is put in your way. Giovanni was the catalyst for your demise… if you step back into the ring, that can’t be allowed to happen again.

Owen: I understand.

Daisy: Good… then let’s begin.

Daisy looks around the room for a moment, Owen catching her and trying to see what she is looking at, until then she looks over and across the room, once again beckoning Owen with her finger.

Daisy: I want to show you something.

Owen had a witty remark ready, but doesn’t use it, knowing that Daisy would see it as him not taking the situation seriously. She pauses, next to a huge door, Owen taking it all in.

Daisy: You know what this is right?

Owen: Looks like a giant freezer.

Daisy: That’s right…

She pulls open the door, the cold escaping from inside like steam making Owen shiver.

Daisy: Care to look inside?

Owen smirks

Owen: What, so you can lock me inside, I don’t think so.

Daisy: Do you know how cold it is in there? As if I’d do something like that.

Owen still wasn’t sure, but he trusted her, and he does indeed step inside, immediately noticing that the temperatures were far lower than in the room. He turns, and holds out his hands, but he is too late, the door shutting him in.

Owen: What the fuck… Daisy???

Daisy: Sorry, I lied.

Owen: It’s freezing in here…

Daisy: Oh, it’s way below freezing Owen, it’s -15 degrees Fahrenheit to be precise. 

Owen: Daisy, let me out.

Daisy: No. You need to realize just how much you can endure, and how capable you are. 

Owen: I’m gonna die in here

Daisy: Nah, you won’t… not if you don’t want to.

Owen: Daisy… for fucks sake.

Daisy: Shit Owen, sorry I forgot something I need to tell Dad. I’ll be back in a minute…

Owen: DAISY!!!

Owen bangs on the door, but it is useless, as it is sealed shut. He can almost feel any warmth he had slowly leaving his body. He wraps his arms around himself, trying to keep as warm as he possibly can, telling himself that Daisy would come back and open the door soon… she had to. 

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

Daisy finally opens the door, and finds Owen stood by the side of the door, still holding his arms tightly around him. When the door opens, he pushes past Daisy, obviously angry at what had just occurred.

Daisy: You OK kid?

Owen takes a moment, his body immediately starting to warm, Daisy throwing him his jacket which he immediately puts on and zips up. When he can finally speak, it is clear he is still not happy

Owen: What the hell you playing at? I could have died in there.

Daisy: You were perfectly safe Owen, at least for a while. No real danger.

Owen: So, what was the point?

Daisy: Come with me

He follows her into the room they first entered, Owen still a little disorientated from the cold.

Daisy: What would you say is your greatest attribute?

Owen: Huh?

Daisy: Your go to… when things get tough?

Owen: I don’t know… speed I guess, to get myself out of situations.

Within warning, she gets one of the hooks and swings it, Owen ducking but just a moment too late as the side of the hook catches him on the forehead, almost knocking Owen from his feet. Daisy catches the hook as it comes back, Owen holding his head, blood seeping through his fingers, now even more dizzy that he was before. He doesn’t say anything, he can’t he is so shocked, Daisy stepping forwards so that she is stood in front of him.

Daisy: Sorry…

Owen: Sorry? That’s all you have to say

Daisy: You said you’d trust the process Owen

Owen: Yeah, I did, but I didn’t know then that you were going to halve freeze me to death and then throw Meat Hooks at me. I’m done Daisy, I don’t need this. 

He turns to walk away, but Daisy puts a head on his shoulder, half-smirking.

Daisy: Owen, you rely on your speed… it’s got you out of more trouble than you can remember, but the fact is speed, reaction… it’s impact can be lessened. You were cold, disorientated, you weren’t sure where you were… speed didn’t get you out of trouble then, and it didn’t at Taking Hold of the Flame because you’d given all you had… so therefore speed wasn’t of consequence to Ace Marshall. Nine times out of ten, you’d be ok… but that one time could be a World title match, or an opportunity. Or else you’ll always be at a disadvantage. You need to be more resilient, and you need the tools to turn a match on its head in an instant. You need something else… something that you lack.

Owen: Which is?

Daisy: You need to stop allowing yourself to be put in these situations. YOU walked into that freezer under your own steam. You need to be more aggressive, more forthright and always be on the front foot, instead of waiting for mistakes. And more than anything, you need power. They can’t take advantage of you if their already down.

Owen: I dread to think what comes next.

Daisy: Look, by the time we’ve finished, you’re going to be able to endure far more than a few minutes in that freezer. I’m going to teach you how to still function at full capacity and dodge a flurry of meat hooks never mind one, even if you have been beaten out of shape. And lastly, I’m going to give you the power to put your opponents on the back foot by putting more behind your strikes. If you can endure all that, for the sake of wrestling… then you’ll have back your love for the game that you lost.

She walks over to a load of hanging carcasses, frozen by the temperature. 

Daisy: Hit it…

Owen: What?

Daisy: Punch it, with everything you have.

Owen: That’s gonna be like punching a block of ice.

Daisy shrugs her shoulders.

Daisy: So? 

Owen: I’ll break my hand.

Daisy: You think punching Xander Valentine full in face doesn’t hurt? What about a monster like Tsunami? You punch either of those now, and they will laugh at you.

Owen looks at the carcass and puffs out his cheeks.

Daisy: Punch it.

He hits it, but nothing like his full power, holding most of it back

Daisy: Are you kidding me right now Owen. You’re not a little boy anymore. PUNCH IT!!!

Owen, starting to get angry, puts all his force into the shot, howling in agony as his knuckles immediately redden as the bruising process begins.

Daisy: Now the other hand.

Owen does it again, his anger now having taken over. 

Daisy: Again… left right combo.

Owen throws a combo, smashing his fists into the carcass

Daisy: Again…

He throws it again, his eyes starting to glisten from the pain

Daisy: AGAIN!!!

He throws the combination once more, this time blood left on the carcass, blood pouring from his knuckles, adrenaline flowing through his body.

Daisy: AGAIN!!!

He hits with the left, but feigns with the right, not able to bring himself to put the bloody hand through any more punishment.

Owen: I can’t…

Daisy: Can’t or won’t?

Owen: Daisy… please.

Daisy sighs, but to Owen’s relief, she nods her head.

Daisy: OK…

Owen starts to walk away from the carcass, but Daisy holds up her hand.

Daisy: Where you going?

Owen: I’m bleeding

Daisy: You’re not finished, now Kick it.

Owen scowls, looking at the carcass and then back at Daisy.

Daisy: What you waiting for?

Owen takes a deep breath, but lines himself up ready and is about to throw the kick when Daisy stops him.

Daisy: No… take your trainer off first.

Owen: What?

Daisy: Barefoot…

Fire burns in his eyes, the intensity taking over. Without even thinking he kicks off his trainer, and lines up the shot.

Daisy: Hold nothing back, everything you’ve got.

Owen: You’re a fucking sadist

Without giving it any thought, he kicks the carcass, a crack heard around the slaughterhouse, and he drops to the floor holding his foot.

Owen: Are you crazy… it’s broken.

With a stoic expression she drops to her knees and feels the top of Owen’s foot, Owen squirming in pain.

Daisy: We’re done… go get a shower, you’ve done some good work today.

Without another word she gets to her feet, and leaves the room leaving Owen sat on the floor. He gets to his feet, hardly able to put any weight on his right foot. He limps to the door, turning to look at the room, shaking his head, and wondering what the hell he’d gotten himself into. With a sigh, he follows Daisy up the stairs, as the scene fades.

31st July 2021 - Texas

Owen walks down the stairs, still obviously limping after his exertions the day before. He’d not seen Daisy since his ‘training’ and it had been left to her Father to tend to his injuries. Although there were no broken bones, he did have severe bruising on both his hands, and indeed his right foot, and the pain as he placed his foot down on every step sent a shock all the way up his leg. Truth was, as he reaches the kitchen and steps inside, he is feeling more than a little disheartened, and wondering if all of this was worth it.

Howard: Hey Owen, sleep well?

Owen looks around, still not able to see Daisy, although her Father was cooking breakfast. 

Owen: Bed was very comfortable thank you, but my foot wouldn’t stop throbbing.

Howard: Few more applications of that ointment I gave you and you’ll be fine. Full English ok? Anything you don’t eat?

Owen: Nah all good… I was a Vegan but gave that up.

Howard: Never understood those folks. Each to their own though.

He pulls a plate out the cupboard and starts piling it up with food, before pushing it in front of Owen.

Howard: Ketchups and stuffs on the table, help yourself.

Owen: Thanks, I appreciate you putting me up like this.

Howard: It ain’t a problem Owen. Daisy speaks very highly of you, and you’ve been through a lot of hardship of late… seems like it’s my duty to help.

Owen: Well, it’s good of you, and I hope I don’t intrude.

Howard: It’s nice to have folk around the slaughterhouse. Usually only got the meat to talk to, makes a change to have some interaction.

Owen: Yeah, I’ll bet… can’t imagine I’ll be here much longer though, seeing as Daisy seems intent on killing me. Where is she anyway? Dreaming up new ways of putting my life in danger.

Howard pours himself a cup of coffee, and takes a seat at the table, waiting for Owen to polish off a mouthful before reengaging in the conversation.

Howard: She’ll be back later this morning, told me to look after you till she returned.

Owen: Great… I mean, you are looking after me.

Howard: You’ve no need to explain.

Owen takes in some more food, for some reason his appetite greater than usual.

Howard: She doesn’t like doing this to you, you know?

Owen: Really, I find that hard to believe.

Howard: Before she left last night, we had a conversation about whether she was doing the right thing. You’ve got to remember Owen; she understands what you are going through right now.

Howard: Because she’s been through it, just like you have. Her and Rachel are two of the toughest women I know, and that didn’t happen by accident. It happened in that slaughterhouse.

Owen: Really?

Howard: For sure. I’m sure you’ve heard of my wife Mary.

Owen grins

Owen: Who hasn’t?

Howard: Yes, she has quite a formidable reputation that’s for sure. Anyway, Daisy’s early training took place in that very place, Mary putting her through the exact same situations you are being put in right now. Believe me Owen, if Daisy didn’t believe you could take it, she wouldn’t put you through it, but she see’s something in you, something special. 

Owen puts down his fork and pours himself some orange juice, sipping at it as he digests Howards words. 

Owen: Well, maybe she’s wasting her time.

Howard: Does Daisy come across as someone who would waste her time? Do you think she would do this for anyone? 

Owen: No, I don’t, but she’s only doing it for me because of a promise to Orlando.

Howard: Ah, the Father that wasn’t… I apologize but Daisy told me the story when she asked if she could borrow the slaughterhouse for a while. I won’t say anything, that’s your business not mine. But if you think this is all about the promise, you’re wrong. She’d never admit it Owen, but she cares about you, and she doesn’t want you to walk the path that she ended up on. And if I know Daisy, she’ll not fail either, because she very rarely does. 

Owen lowers his eyes to the table

Howard: Look kid, I know right now you don’t see the point in this, but the cuts and bruises, all of it will serve a purpose. And when you come out the other side, you’ll feel like you could run through a brick wall. I know that, because that’s how Daisy felt when Mary had finished with her. And I sat here with her as well, giving this exact same talk.

Owen lifts his hands, looking at his knuckles still red raw.

Howard: It will be worth it, you’ll see. Now eat your breakfast, you’ll need your strength once Daisy gets back.

Owen: Oh God… really?

Howard: I’m saying nothing… it’s more than my life is worth.

Howards winks at Owen and gets to his feet, before heading out the kitchen, leaving him with his thoughts. Daisy was indeed one of the toughest, if not THE toughest women he knew. So, could she really work the miracle in the same way Mary Beth Mallory had done with Daisy all those years ago? And even if she could, would Owen continue in the industry and put it all to use. 

LATER THAT DAY

After finishing breakfast, Daisy was still nowhere to be found. Seeing as punching or kicking anything was out of the question, and he couldn’t even go for a run without it being at half speed and limping like one leg was shorter than the other, he decided to put in a session to at least keep his stamina high. There was something about doing sit ups, pushups and pull ups at this temperature that had gotten his blood pumping and he had enjoyed doing something that didn’t involve bleeding all over cattle carcass, and without the pain that had come with it.

“Owen, you down there?”

Owen: Yeah, just finished training.

Owen hears Daisy walk down the stairs and into the room, and gets to his feet and she arrives.

Daisy: Good to see you back at it… not been hitting anything, I hope?

Owen: No, not today… didn’t see the point in staying idle. Gonna be honest, I think I like it down here. It’s peaceful, calming even.

Daisy: Well, you weren’t very calm yesterday.

Owen: Yeah about that… I’m sorry. I had a long chat with Howard…

Daisy: Dad?

Owen: Yes. He told me all about how Mary trained you here, and well… you didn’t do so badly so I guess I should try and see it out. 

Daisy: You don’t think I pushed you too far?

Owen: No, I get it now. I’m going to benefit from all of this, regardless of if I got back to wrestling or not. So, I’m sorry if seemed like I doubted you. I guess I just needed a little reassurance.

Daisy: Owen, I wouldn’t put you through this if I didn’t think you could do it.

Owen: I know, your Dad said exactly the same thing. 

Daisy: So, we go again tomorrow?

Owen: Yes. I’ll be ready.

Daisy: Good, because I’ve got a surprise for you.

Owen: Oh no.

Daisy laughs

Owen: Your surprises thus far haven’t exactly been cake and candles.

Daisy: No, this surprise is much better than that.

Owen: Any clues?

Daisy: No clues… I’ll just show you. See, Dad might have told you the story about how I went through the slaughterhouse experience just like you, but that wasn’t my whole training story. This place wasn’t the only reason I made it as a wrestler. 

Owen scowls obviously confused.

Daisy: That’s where I’ve been this morning, I was meeting someone from the airport. Someone who took me to Mexico and finished off my training, turning me into the woman you see before you today

Daisy motions towards the door, Owen’s eyes widening as he see’s who walks through. 

“Hello Sugar…”

In front of him was Rachel Tatum Lee, former SCW World Champion and one of the best and toughest wrestlers that the world had ever seen. No matter how difficult yesterday was, it seemed like it was going to get a whole lot worse. The funny thing was, it excited Owen, he craved to be tested. He wasn’t scared of what was to come… and surely that was a good thing. Was this the shoots of his love for the business coming back? Rachel smirks, looking directly at him.

Rachel: Yer ready fer some pain kiddo?

He looks at Rachel, and then at Daisy, and he bites his bottom lip

Owen: Oh shi…

Scene fades.

21st January 2022 - Detroit

Owen Lee appears on screen, sat on a sofa chair, next to a simple table on which sits a glass of water. He wears a black tee-shirt with a white logo on it, a pair of blue jeans and a pair of Nike trainers and he greets the camera and indeed us by taken the glass of water and lifting it towards the camera before taking a sip. Putting the glass back on the table and then wiping the moisture away he starts to speak.

/RECORDING

“It’s hilarious how people seem to lose their minds and their entire thought processes when things don’t go their way. I should know by the way, I’ve been there. But take Polly Playtime for example who totally lost her shit over claims that I was disrespecting her. Why? Because she didn’t take the time to listen to what I had to say. Did I believe that I was better than her? Yes, I did, and I think the way the match panned out, I was more than proven correct. She got her knickers in a such a twist, she aligned herself with the Jackals to make me ‘pay’, when the fact of the matter is all I did was tell her the truth. I’ve been main event, I’ve been World Champion, I’ve been voted by my peers as the Male Wrestler of the year, what has Polly Playtime done? 

Nothing.

And that was my point, a point she would have realized should she had kept her calm and not had herself a hissy fit. I’ve only just returned, but I believed myself a better wrestler than she is. She was higher up the ladder, and I had to beat her to regain the status quo. Was it worth her little performance on Breakdown, or her hate fueled promo that I was on the receiving end of? No, of course it wasn’t. And it was a mistake she could have refrained from making if she had just done something as simple as standing back and seeing the wood for the trees. Then, she would have heard that all I was doing was telling the truth.”

Owen shrugs his shoulders, and takes his hairband out, allowing his hair to drop partially in front of his face.

“But of course, misunderstandings are what make an industry like ours turn on its axis. I mean, I’ve been just as guilty as anyone else, and it led to a six-month hiatus, getting my head straight and at least starting to understand the mistakes I’d made. And I accept the blame for all of that, it’s all on me. But take the Jackals for example…”

A wry smile forms, and he sniggers to himself.

“I mean, I don’t know what sense of importance they have, but the moment I showed up, ‘daring’ to step up to them, immediately they made out as if it was this ‘personal vendetta’ I was on. Truth be told, they are not that important, and that’s not me trying to make anyone mad, or disrespect them, it’s just the facts. Me facing Drake, and now Kandis, it isn’t some kind of hate fueled mission like they seem to imply. I don’t for one second believe that my victory will be an end to their bullshit, they are way too tough skinned for that. There’s a saying, ‘a means to an end’, The Jackals right now are everyone’s enemy, and I need to show that I’m a better person that left this company like it was nothing. I’m not expecting to step into the ring and have people cheering from the rafters like they used to if I manage to overcome Kandis. I’m not even expecting people to congratulate me on the forums, or wrestling websites. I don’t even want people saying good effort if I lose. What this is, is a start… focusing on those who right now are pissing the SCW fanbase off to such an extent, that getting in their way would begin a long process back to where I once was. 

Beating Polly Playtime would never do that. 

Beating Drake alone wouldn’t get me back in the good graces of those that I left down. 

Tommy Valentine and Kandis, two people who have total disregard for SCW, just like I did, these are the standard, the level of individual that I needed to focus on, to show that for all I’d gotten wrong in the past, there IS hope for me in the future. I’m not stupid, what I did to this company will leave a stain on my reputation that I may not ever be able to totally erase. But if standing up to The Jackals makes even one person decide to give me a second chance, then it’s a battle worth enduring. Because if there is one thing that I have learned whilst I’ve been away, you never truly win when you go toe to toe with a group like the Jackals, even if your hand is held in victory. But if there is one attribute that I want to display, it is that very same ability to endure. I quit once, and I’ll regret that decision for the rest of my life. But there is one thing that is for certain, I’ll never quit again.”

He lifts the glass and rests it on his thigh, his eyes never once leaving the camera.

“So Kandis, when you come out and you make these threats, these statements of intent, do you really believe that I wasn’t prepared for it? I’m one person Kandis, one individual. Does that not give you an insight into my mentality right now? That I am more than willing to poke the hornets’ nest without any concern for myself. And yeah, Daisy is in my corner, but I’m the one standing before you, not her. I’m not stupid Kandis, this wasn’t done without thought, everything that has transpired thus far, I knew precisely what I was doing, and these threats, this price, I was always willing to pay. The fact remains, it wouldn’t have been worth doing otherwise. Even if Minerva had still been around, or Konrad, it would always have been the Jackal’s, because the Jackal’s are everything that is wrong with this company right now. Clue’s in the title really, Jackal’s pick at the carcass of those that are weak, but the strong… they step up and it’s ‘getting in their business’. Just like I needed stopping by SCW the moment I stepped on Olek’s chest, so do you, this bullshit charade of yours must eventually come to end. I won’t be the definitive hammer blow, I’m not conceited enough to believe that, but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t play my part. A business like this, people don’t want to hear words, they need to see actions. They need to see a person trying, trying to be better than they were before. And honestly, I’m taken aback by the understanding I’ve already seen, from people in arenas, to fans stopping me in the street, hoping that I find my purpose once again. THIS is my purpose though Kandis, ensuring that no one disrespects Supreme Championship Wrestling to the extent I did and make the same mistake. And beating you isn’t about title contendership or climbing up the rankings like it was with Polly. No, facing, and beating you is just another step in the process to taking back my name. And whether you pour scorn on me or not like Polly did, refusing to use my real surname and still referring to me as a Cruze, you need to realize that if you think you’re going to be facing the same person who defeated you several months ago, you’re in for a very long night because in this moment, I am so much more than that. I hope you don’t let your urge for revenge cloud your judgement Kandis. I hope you see me as the bona fide threat to your success in this match that I truly am. Because I see you Kandis. I see a woman who is much more focused and three times the competitor she was the last time we matched up, when you were more concerned about showing your ass on social media than winning matches. Since then, you’ve had a fire lit underneath you, your domination in the tag ranks has shown that, and you won’t ever catch me disputing that now. The truth is, you deserve praise, not that you would accept it from me of course. But I hope, truly I do, that you don’t play the usual games and turn this into a farce, because you’re better than that now. You don’t need the bullshit.

Excuse me though if I don’t hold my breath. 

Because even before the Jackals, when you were the Connection, that’s always been the basis of your logic hasn’t it? Why rely on your wrestling ability, when you can use other means to get the victory? The result simply isn’t my primary concern, the statement at Body, Heart and Soul is MUCH more important. Fact is, I can get what I want, even in defeat Kandis. Tell me, can you say the same, knowing how embarrassing a loss to me would be, whilst considering all that you have said and done already? YOU’VE placed me as an underdog. YOU’VE been implying over the past few weeks that at Body, Heart and Soul, I WILL pay the price for my intervention. What if those words fall on deaf ears again, just like every threat you have made since Minerva thought it best to ditch the man baby, and Konrad was in turn treated with the same disdain he experienced even in the group? What if you fail again, just like you failed to regain the tag team titles from a team formed no more than five minutes ago. Will the Jackals maintain their grip on the title of most dominant group in SCW, once people realize that every word that comes out of ANY of their mouths turns out to be bullshit? I dunno, maybe then you can offer ‘Enlightenment’ at the bargain price of $39.99 over five payments? Funny that, seeing as I got it for free, and it didn’t cost me a single dollar.”

Owen takes a sip of the water, his mouth starting to feel dry. He shuffles in his seat to get more comfortable. Satisfied, he continues.

“And MY enlightenment allows me to see things that before I couldn’t recognize, or perhaps I chose to ignore in the past. I’m no longer driven by success, I’m driven by redemption, knowing in my heart that achieving that goal will bring me the belts and accolades and the respect anyways. Looking back at my first stint, I now see quite clearly that if anyone negated my speed, or grounded me, I was left defenseless. I WAS a one trick pony, even if it was a half decent trick. But now, having been helped by Daisy, and by spending a great deal of time in Japan, I’m more rounded and there’s a few tricks up my sleeve ready to be revealed. I’m tougher, more aggressive, more able to fight the match on the front foot. I’m stronger, I hit harder, whilst still being one of the quickest wrestlers on the roster. Unlike like Polly believed, I haven’t spent six months sat on my backside, pondering life, the universe and everything. And don’t get me wrong, those first days after my suspension, I was a waste of space. I’m simply didn’t care about anything. But slowly, surely, Daisy turned me around. And right now, I’m the best version of myself. Ready to take on one of the most dominant women in the company right now, ready to take on the Jackals. In fact, no, I’m ready to take on the world. You might think that our match at Body, Heart and Soul will turn out to be payback of the highest order, and perhaps I’ll have Drake, Tommy, even Polly to contend with over the course of the night. But you should know by now, nothing is guaranteed. Especially when, although you will of course resist the truth, right now… you don’t know me as well as you think you do, and that you are dealing with the unknown. You WILL NOT make me angry Kandis, you’ll not crawl under my skin, or rent headspace. My personal life, that’s dealt with, I’m at peace with it, so please don’t be as predictable as Drake and Polly were, because you can see what happened with them. My focus is simple, give those fans a reason to trust me again, and by defeating you, I see no reason why that cannot do anything but help. And then it will be the next one, and the next, until finally I’m back where I was. Clear-minded, focused…”

He tilts his head ever so slightly.

“… Redeemed.”

Owen takes a moment, composing himself for what would be his final words. Had Kandis been listening? He certainly hoped so, because what he didn’t want, was for there to be any excuses, and that went for him as well. Leaning forwards so he is closer to the camera, he continues.

“So, spit your bile Kandis, drop your bombs, be all consumed by revenge… it’s not like that hasn’t been pretty much your entire rhetoric whenever we have faced off in the past, so why should it be any different now? I’ll be the one stood back, listening, ready to show you, like I did with Drake and Polly, that I’m a far different animal from the one you knew before. I can’t take all the credit, I’ve been helped along the way, there is no doubt about that. But the fact is, if I didn’t want this, if I’d not had the desire to return a better man, a better wrestler, then I wouldn’t be stood here before you today. I was ready to walk away, start a new life, do something different. But I was showed, sometimes quite forcefully, that this life, being a wrestler, competing for Supreme Championship Wrestling, it was… if you would pardon my hark back to the past, what I was born to do. Regardless of my blood line, OWEN was always supposed to be here. OWEN was always supposed to perform on behalf of our fans. OWEN was always supposed to stand HERE, in your way, making sure that Kandis doesn’t necessarily get what she wants. This is where it all begins again for me Kandis, by taking down a bona fide talent, in front of the eyes of the world. And this is where it gets serious, and I show everyone, including you, that I haven’t missed a beat.”

He nods, a smirk forming

“Because I’m not trying to be a hero. I don’t want to be a role model. I just want to be better. Day by day, step by step… I’ll get there, no question. And Kandis, at Body, Heart and Soul, I won’t let you be the one to stop me. I want this, I need this…”

He winks towards the camera, holding up the bottle once more

“I’m TAKING this.”

He sits there stoically, as the scene fades.