Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Lee vs. Nate Chapel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, February 10, 2022 (NOTE THE DEADLINE; the Show will still take place on Thursday)
13th September 2021

Texas

It had been over a month, nearly six weeks to be precise, since Owen had started at the Slaughterhouse, an aptly named placed considering the hurt he had been through she he had been there. He had thought it would just be Daisy putting him through his paces, but the moment Rachel Tatum Lee had arrived on the scene the ante had most definitely been upped. What had followed were some of the hardest weeks of his life, a difficult period that at times he didn’t believe he was going to get through. But get through it he had, and with it he had started to see the benefits. Thanks to his sessions in the freezer his endurance, and his ability to put his mind somewhere else had improved to a point he constantly wanted to raise the stakes and stay in there longer and longer. Something he didn’t think could be improved, his speed, was now at a level that he truly believed he could match anyone in the business on that score. And his physical toughness, and power found him now hitting frozen carcasses like it was hitting nothing. But the biggest aspect he had found improved was his mentality. He was calmer, more focused. Thanks to his training, and paired with his session with Andy his psychiatrist, nothing that he was asked to do could now faze him. And most importantly, slowly but surely, he had found himself itching to make an in-ring return. He wouldn’t ever say his love for the business was what it once was, because at it a point it was everything. But at least now he could see himself competing again one day, and he wouldn’t have thought that a couple of months ago. About a week had passed since Rachel had returned home, and Owen had noticed a marked difference in the length of the sessions. He felt like everything was being wound down, but he wouldn’t say anything to her just in case. Did Daisy think he was ready to finally claim back his life, or was he imagining it?

Daisy: So, Owen, I’ve been thinking…

Sat at the breakfast table, Daisy had been unusually quiet until this point. On a normal day, breakfast was the time that Daisy explained what they would be up to, and how it would help going forwards. Howard, Daisy’s Father, normally left them to it, though just the other day he’d remarked how much better Owen looked these days. Owen puts down his fork, leaving a piece of sausage on it, giving Daisy his full attention. He had a feeling that she had something important to say.

Owen: Sounds ominous.

Daisy: No, nothing like that. It’s a good news day.

Owen: Really, I find that hard to believe.

Daisy laughs, for she had seen a marked improvement in Owen’s attitude as well. The young man she had first met years ago was beginning to return, the hardened, bitter feelings starting to diminish. It wasn’t all on her, she knew that the Psychiatrist had done some good work, but it was still with a certain sense of pride that she looked at Owen right now.

Daisy: You’ve done some good work in the Slaughterhouse kid, even Rachel was impressed with how far you’ve come.

Owen: I feel it Daisy. I feel like I’m in a better place.

Daisy: I can tell.

Owen: I hope so. When I came here, I was feeling so angry, so pissed off at the world and those around me. Now I can see that all that anger was on me. Andy reckons everything that happened caused me to regress to back when Finn died, but I think I’ve come through all of that now.

Daisy: I agree. It’s not been easy, but you’ve stuck at it. Have to admit, there were times when I wondered if we were doing the right thing… whether you’d be able to cope or if I’d make the situation worse. Seeing you sat there, with an actual smile on your face. It’s good Owen… it’s really good.

Owen: So, what you been thinking about?

Daisy pauses, looking at Owen, ready to gauge his reaction to what she was about to say.

Daisy: I think the slaughterhouse has served its purpose…

Owen’s expression doesn’t change

Daisy: I think it’s time for you to take your first steps back into the real world.

Since he had arrived at the Slaughterhouse it had almost 100% been his life. Andy had even been flown to Texas from Los Angeles to conduct sessions; such was Daisy’s steadfast belief that Owen couldn’t move on until he really was ready. Her saying the words, that it was time, filled him with a lot of emotions, but mostly trepidation and excitement. He’d been cut off from the world and social media for so long, it had become the norm. Now, all of that seemed like it was going to change again.

Owen: Are you sure? I mean, I want to… but are you certain I’m ready?

Daisy: Owen, when I asked you to trust me, to come with me here, you were like a timebomb, ready to explode. I could see it, you just wanted to hurt someone, anyone and it didn’t matter who. I don’t see that now; I see someone who has found his balance. So yeah, I think it’s time for the next step.

Owen: Which is?

Daisy: Giving you a purpose, whilst at the same time putting your new skills and attributes to the test.

Owen shrugs his shoulders, letting Daisy know the need to elaborate.

Daisy: You seem confused?

Owen: Well, when you said I was going to train at the slaughterhouse, it wasn’t quite what I expected.

Daisy: Fair point. For starters, you can’t live with me, that isn’t going to work. You need to learn how to live alone, and instead of other people guiding you, you need to stand on your own two feet. With that in mind, you are going to need somewhere to live. But more importantly, WHERE you are going to live.

Owen: Can’t I just go back to LA? 

Daisy: You can, it’s familiar and you know the place… but at the same time, familiarity might be a bad thing. There’s going to be a lot of people with long memories of what you did in the past.

Owen: Jen?

Daisy: Amongst others yes. I’m not saying that in the future you shouldn’t return. I love Los Angeles too, and see the attraction. But right now, I think what would be better for you is starting somewhere fresh, where you are forced to do things for yourself, without others just waiting to see you fail. I’m assuming money still isn’t an object.

Owen: I’m doing ok.

Daisy smirks. She knew that on top of his inheritance from Orlando, he had also pocket money from both the Icon clothing brand sale, and the houses in Newquay and Los Angeles. He’d also been on a decent contract in SCW for his age, so would have banked money from his salary as well. 

Daisy: Then give it some thought, or just stick a pin in a map or something, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s somewhere that takes you out of your comfort zone and isn’t LA. And if it’s a project then even better. No better feeling that getting your hands dirty on your own project. There would be your purpose.

Owen: DIY? Yuck.

Daisy: You never know Owen; you might like it.

Owen: I must admit, I’ve always wondered what it would be like to live in Miami.

Daisy: Didn’t Orlando live there with Taylor for a while?

Owen nods

Owen: Yeah, he did, but it holds very little memories for me. 

Daisy: Well, I don’t think you could get much further from Los Angeles that’s for sure. 

Owen: I’ll get in touch with Jessica, see if she still has contacts in Miami. It would be nice to live next to the beach again. Especially if it was a house by my own design.

Daisy: See, purpose… it focusses the mind, gives you a point. Helps you to progress.

Owen: Andy says the same thing

Daisy: Andy is a very clever man.

Owen: For God’s sake don’t say that to him, his heads big enough.

As he had hoped, business has picked up for Andy of the back of people trusting his services again after Owen had taken the plunge. It was nowhere near the practice it once was, but it was getting there.

Daisy: Alright then, with that sorted, I guess we need to talk about the other thing

Owen: Other thing?

Daisy: Using these new skills and getting back in the ring

Owen for a moment goes back to his breakfast, and finally eats the piece of sausage, dipping it in the bean juice first. Once he has finished chewing and has swallowed, he takes a sip of orange juice and then responds.

Owen: No better way of finding out if its what I want to do going forwards, I guess.

Daisy: I was hoping you’d say that.

Owen: Why?

Daisy: Rachel has gotten you a spot in a wrestling company in Mexico. You’d be facing some of the toughest luchadores in the business and a totally different style of wrestling to what you are used to. 

Owen: Mexico… I don’t know.

He looks at Daisy, more than a little unsure. He’d seen those guys perform on TV and they were something else, and he’d never really faced anyone like that when he was in SCW. 

Owen: I’d expected something a little easier if I’m honest, to get back into the swing of things.

Daisy nods her head, she knew what he was saying, even if she didn’t agree.

Daisy: We could do that. We could find a Village Hall or a College Campus that’s putting on a show, but what would we learn from that. When you left SCW you were one of the most talented youngsters in the business, fighting has-beens isn’t going to get you ready for the big time is it?

Owen: I guess not

Daisy: These guys in Mexico, they don’t mess around Owen. It will give us an understanding of where you are, whilst at the same time confirming with you if its what you want to do going forwards. And honestly, if you can hang with them, you can hang with anyone. I know, because it’s what I did when I left the Slaughterhouse.

Owen: You did?

Daisy: Yeah, I did. And in the beginning I got my ass kicked more times than I care to mention, but at that point I’d not been world champion, or have the background you have. And look at it this way, even if you are getting your ass kicked every night, at least you’re learning something about yourself. And isn’t that where you are right now?

Owen: You’re right, of course you are. If I’m ever going to perform for one of the big companies again, I’ve got to do this. Tell Rachel I’m up for it and to get me on a card as soon as possible. I’ll be there.

Daisy: I will. You won’t regret the experience Owen I promise you. I certainly didn’t. 

Owen starts to feel those familiar butterflies in his stomach just from the thought of stepping into a ring again, never mind it being in Mexico. Another situation where he was placing himself well and truly out of his comfort zone. But that was what it was all about, being someone that can adapt to any and all situations. Not just in the ring, but in his personal life as well. He certainly wasn’t going to shy away from those challenges.

Owen: If you say I’m ready Daisy, then I believe you. 

Daisy nods, and although she sips from her coffee, Owen gets the feeling that there is something else. He finishes off the last morsels of his breakfast, and then wipes his mouth, before clasping his hands in front of him and resting his chin on them.

Owen: There’s something else isn’t there?

Daisy: Perhaps.

Owen: Something that I’m going to find difficult?

Daisy: Probably.

Owen: Daisy, I’ve been locked in a freezer, hit with meat hooks and smashed my fists on solid ice… what could be worse?

Daisy: I want to approach Jennifer and arrange to meet her.

Owen: Oh…

Owen knew that this was the final part of the puzzle, and more than anything, even his career, he wanted Jennifer Helms to forgive him and once again be a part of his life.

Daisy: I think it’s time for the two of you to start building some bridges, but you must understand Owen. If I do this, there is every possibility she will tell me where to go. Not everyone is going to forgive you Owen, it could be that Jennifer is one of those people, and I know that she is probably the one that matters most. 

Owen: It would sting

Daisy: I think we both know it would be more than that, and I have to be sure you can take that kind of rejection. 

Owen: I can.

Daisy: You can see a life going forwards without Jennifer in it?

Owen: If she’s happy… I can live with it. 

He cannot maintain eye contact and looks to his plate, and picks up his orange juice, anything but look at Daisy.

Daisy: OK, I’ll see if I can make it happen.

Owen: Thanks

Daisy: Either way Owen, you’ll be ok. You’ll see.

Owen: I know.

Daisy: Well ok then, I’ll text Rachel and get the ball rolling, and you’d best call this Jessica and find yourself the perfect house. Catch you later.

Owen nods, watching as Daisy walks out the kitchen, hearing her climb the stairs. He pulls out his phone, for a moment just staring at the screen, in this moment, wondering if the Slaughterhouse was preferable to what was coming next. He shakes the thought from his mind, and dials a number, as the scene fades.

27th September 2021
Mexico City

Owen stands behind the curtain, peering through it and looking at the two hundred and fifty or so people that are seated in the compact arena. Turning, he faces Daisy, who gives him a calming smile

Daisy: You got this Owen… it’s just another part of the process

Owen: Yeah, so why am I shitting myself?

Daisy: It’s the unknown, that’s all.

Owen hears his new music hit, Chris Classic’s ‘Here we Go’ and gulps deeply.

Daisy: Take your time, stay focused. Rest will come.

Announcer: Damas y caballeros actuales en su camino al ring desde los Estados Unidos. Con un peso de 195 libras, es OWEN CRUZE.

Owen steps through the curtain to a chorus of boos, immediately feeling like an alien in a new world. There is none of the swagger that he entered SCW arena’s with and sliding under the bottom rope he cannot help but regret his decision to be here. Daisy stays in the back, not wanting to be a distraction, but the fact was he wanted her there, even more so when he sees his opponent posturing, dressed in an entirely Gold Luchador outfit, and looking ready to tear Owen apart. His music ends, and almost immediately the bells ring, Owen set upon by ‘El Muerte’ immediately, his speed something Owen had never experienced, a transition of holds tying Owen up in knots before he can react. He tries to counter to the best of his ability, but his opponent seems to be two steps ahead always. Already desperate, Owen throws a right hand, but ‘El Muerte’ ducks under the shot, and gouges Owen in the eyes, temporarily blinding him. With Owen unable to see, he is scooped up and dropped into the canvas with a package driver, Owen already unsure of where he is. He gets to his feet and turns, just too late to react to the Luchador springing from the top rope and taking him down with a 450 splash. ‘El Muerte’ makes the cover, and before Owen’s head clears that is it, the match over, and the 250 strong crowd is left happy that this person who doesn’t belong has been quickly dispatched. The referee says something to Owen, but Owen shrugs him off and makes his way up the aisle, catcalls and jeers in Mexican following him. He reaches the back with his face flustered, and Daisy is there to greet him, looking more than sympathetic. She passes him a bottle of water, and allows him to catch his breath, but it is Owen who is the first to speak.

Owen: What the hell just happened out there?

Daisy motions towards a pile of crates, inviting Owen to sit.

Owen: I couldn’t even get going Daisy, he just… embarrassed me

Daisy: And did you like it?

Owen: No, of course I didn’t.

Owen cannot hide the annoyance in his voice, but Daisy ignores it.

Daisy: Then make sure that next time, it doesn’t happen again.

Owen: Daisy, that dude just beat me in under a minute. I didn’t last sixty seconds with him. Telling me to make sure it doesn’t happen again isn’t going to make a difference. I need more than that. 

Daisy: What you needed was a rude awakening. The realization that your name, and anything you have done means precisely nothing, and that’s precisely what you got. You just got schooled by one of the most decorated Luchadores in the world, and you can either cry about it, or learn from it, that choice is up to you. But honestly, I’d have been more surprised if you HAD laid a glove on him. 

Owen: So why didn’t you tell me this before?

Daisy: Would it have made a difference?

Finally, Owen can see the funny side, realizing that he was always going to get his ass kicked either way.

Owen: No, probably not.

Daisy: Exactly… now you know that the Slaughterhouse just gave you the foundation. Now you must learn how to put what you learned into practice, mixed it with what you already knew, whilst at the same time coming to terms with a new style of wrestling

Owen: How long am I here?

Daisy: Four weeks, wrestling almost every night and in four weeks’ time, I promise you’ll last longer than sixty seconds. At least sixty-one I’d say. 

She smirks, and Owen smiles too catching her sarcasm, whilst taking a swig from the water. 

Daisy: Remember what I said in the Slaughterhouse Owen, don’t be so hard on yourself and recognize your limitations whilst at the same time understanding that limitations can be beaten. No one said it would be easy right?

Owen: Right, because if it’s easy, it probably isn’t worth doing.

Daisy: Exactly… now go get a shower and I’ll meet you ringside. No better way of learning than seeing it all firsthand.

Owen: Sure… oh and Daisy?

Daisy: Yeah

Owen: I might not know Mexican, but next time I’m announced, let’s not let it be Owen Cruze huh?

Daisy: No? Then what?

Owen gives it some thought, and then a smile forms on his face.

Owen: Actors have stage names, so why can’t I? If I don’t want to be known for who I was, let’s make it Owen LEE.

Daisy laughs

Daisy: You sure you’re up to carrying that surname

Owen: I guess we’ll see

With a laugh they part, and Owen gets back to the locker room and pulls out his mobile phone, seeing a text message from Jessica. He clicks on the link, and a picture of a house comes up, it’s location right on the beach, a sunrise one of the images, obviously a huge selling point. He starts to type into his phone, replying to the message.

‘I like it… how much?’

Scene fades.
(OOC just a short promo as Jon has gone on a sabattical.)

“I lost”

Owen shrugs his shoulder, surprisingly grinning from ear to ear.

“I mean, what else is it you want me to say? That I expected to win over and over again until I once again became World Champion? That Kandis was lucky to come out of the match with the victory and that I was robbed? Nope, it’s quite simple. I lost because, even though I care very little for how Kandis conducts herself, at that PPV, she was better than I was. And it’s as simple as that.”

Owen sticks out his bottom lip, reveling in the simplicity of it all.

“Now, I know what you are thinking. I’m guessing it’s something along the lines of ‘But, But, but… you promised to stop the Jackals’, and yes, you would be correct, I did say that. But let’s face it, I was never going to come in all guns blazing and beat some of the best talent the wrestling industry has to offer. I was never going to be able to walk back in and defeat someone who has been winning Championships for fun, and cannot be too far away from the World title picture. Kandis will not doubt regale everyone with my failure, believing that she has delivered some definitive blow. But she hasn’t… nowhere near. We ain’t done Kandis, we will dance again. And you know something Kandis, I think you know that too. Till then, enjoy your victory in your own enviable way. I just keep on with the process. See you soon.”

Owen grins, pushing his hair from out of in front of his eyes.

“We move… and in moving it looks like Nate Chapel is the next person in the aforementioned ‘processes. Now, I’m going to level with you Nate, I’m not going to come out here and claim I know everything about you. I’m also not going to wax lyrical about who I am, and what I did a few years back because that isn’t going to be of benefit to either of us. What I will say to you however is, just like Polly Playtime, you are someone that I need to beat. Now, Polly, she managed to get her knickers in a twist with that I said, when all I was doing was telling her the truth. She got it like I was looking down on her, when in fact, the total opposite was the fact. See, for eighteen months, I gave SCW my all, I won some, I lost some… but I was considered perched towards the top of the ladder. Then, I kinda lost my mind, and messed everything up, but that’s irrelevant. My point to Polly, as it is to you, was that I need to get back up there, and to do that, I needed to get past her.

Get that.

There I am, saying she’s above me on the ladder RIGHT NOW, and she gets all up in my face, just because I believe that my position in comparison is false. That I am BETTER than where I am. And to prove that, I need to beat her. Just like I need to beat you. You get that right Nate? If not, I honestly don’t know what else to say. Whilst I was away, people took my place… now I want it back. It’s that simple. Kandis proved it in spades. She actually got it believe it or not. She proved that right now, I don’t deserve the same place I before… but believe me Nate, I will. Very soon. And YOU Sir, are going to help me get there. See it’s like this Nate, I don’t know much about you, but I do know that you beat Konrad Raab. Konrad is a Champion around this parts right now”

Owen gives a mock shudder

“That means that you must have something about you. Something special that could help you to succeed in the future. I know you like a good time, maybe that’s everything to you, the good time, but I’m not buying that bullshit. You’re a talented wrestler, just like Polly. You’ve beaten a champion as recently as the beginning of last month, so surely you are on the way towards being granted a title shot for yourself.”

Owen grins, tilting his head slightly to one side.

“That’s where I would like to interject in that momentum. See, knowing that I’d set my sights too high at the likes of Kandis, I’ve had to ‘realign’ the crosshairs just a little. Readjust the scenario. I’ve been World Champion yes, but I don’t have the genetic makeup of a World Champion right now, that will take time. I can’t be a man that the SCW can trust to get it done every single time any longer… that’s going to take time too. What I can be however, is a Supreme Champion, and to do that, I need the Underground title as a starting point. And it just so happens Nate, that during my time away, I’ve learned a little something about the brutality of our business. What was once a domain I would once shy away from, knowing my limitations in such an environment, it is now a place where I believe I could thrive. That’s right Nate, if I could be so bold. I’m going to try and use you, to send a message to Konrad Raab that I’m coming for his title. I WANT his title. I’m going to claim his title, and go one step closer towards being a Supreme Champion. One step closer to my redemption. I may not have taken out Kandis yet, but Konrad Raab would be quite a start don’t you think? But first Nate Chapel, I gotta get past you. And that is PRECISELY what I’m focused on doing.”

Owen simply winks as the scene fades.