Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Ruby Amarant RP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To say that Ruby Amarant was happy with where things stood for the time being would be presuming you knew anything at all about her, and we all know that's never the case.

When she agreed to return to Scarlet's side and resume the Red Empire's efforts in SCW, she didn't do so expecting Scarlet to be distracted by a new interest that just so happened to go hand-in-hand with the wrestling profession. Even seeing just how head over heels she seemed to be wasn't too concerning at first since this was nothing new, but putting more focus into trying to get the attention of Aaron Blackbourne as opposed to winning a tag match did not sit well with the more cold and calculating of the tandem at all. She had made sure this got across loud and clear to the nympho, and after Aaron had stood up her offer to join her in a hotel room together to enjoy Apocalypse, the message finally seemed to sink in as despite still trying to get his attention, the dangerous woman Ruby knew she could be returned the following Breakdown and reclaimed the victory from Sam Raine that was stolen from them in Ruby's mind with that tag match weeks prior.

It was a start, but more for Scarlet than for her, and that needed to change.

The next two weeks would focus on this Fatal Fortunes concept, where every aspect of every match would be chosen at pure random. It was an intriguing idea if you asked Ruby, and there were several possibilities that she could take a liking to such as a championship match or simply putting down someone higher up on the ladder. Of course, there were also several possibilities that didn't sit well with her, like the potential of having to oppose Scarlet in the ring or having to team with someone that wasn't Scarlet if anything pertaining to the tag titles was thrown into the mix; in the case of the latter, that was mostly because she knew the kind of meltdown her partner would have if Ruby was chasing after that pair of titles with someone else even if it wasn't by her own choice. Of course, SCW had to go and tweet out that everything was already drawn and being kept hidden away for safety purposes, but Ruby was willing to tempt fate and see what could be done to give her a bit of leeway.

She just needed to be careful not to tempt fate too much in this particular instance, lest she walk back down a path she swore off a long time ago when she wasn't the woman she is today.

This was the reason why she decided to take a little detour before the first of these Breakdowns. While Scarlet would be fine on her own for a bit in Buffalo getting ready, Ruby made an extra trip over to Manhattan and found herself bar hopping, though not because she was that desperate for a good drink. She didn't even drink anything that wasn't wine when she felt the occasion was appropriate. Her stays were always brief as she figured it would be the most likely place she'd fine the person she was looking for. After about an hour and ending up at the most upscale bar she could find, she figured that maybe she was simply wasting her time at this point until she heard a voice call out to the bartender she had just been questioning with no luck.

“Bartender! Next round's on me, especially including whatever the lovely little redhead you're chatting with wants.”

This got an obvious uproar of approval, especially since this place was quite pricey so for someone to offer an entire round they definitely had to be loaded and likely just showing it off. There was one person Ruby knew who used that as a calling card of sorts to announce his presence whenever he was out drinking, and it just so happened to be who she was looking for. It still didn't make her feel any less bitter when she turned and found herself staring up at the tall and handsome figure with slicked-back golden blonde hair and a physique that would make any lady swoon and pass out if he were wearing anything less than a business suit, though Ruby was likely the only exception.

Amarant: Ivan Telebor...

Telebor: Ruby Amarant... it's been a while since we've seen each other in person, though if you're out visiting bars I have a feeling you're looking for a certain someone. May I take a guess and say that your search is over?

Ivan Telebor was a self-made millionaire of Norwegian descent who had no problem burning through several thousand dollars in one night knowing he'd end up making five times as much back the next day. The businesses he owned were among the most profitable in the entire world, and he was a man that most women would kill to spend so much as five minutes in the presence of. If they only knew... what they didn't see were the underhanded means Ivan would resort to in shadier ventures and black market dealings that only added to his profits but rarely saw the light of day considering the questioning he'd face over it, especially when it came to taxes. Considering how much his wealth and power tended to go to his head, he was also not afraid to dabble in other things... things that would easily destroy every last trace of his public image and reputation if they got out, but rarely did because he had the money to easily make it all disappear in record time as though nothing happened to begin with. Plain and simple, the man was someone Ruby might have taken an interest in if he wasn't such a manipulative monster with everyone around him, and even calling him that was being overly generous.

Amarant: Don't get any ideas Ivan. Yes, I've been looking for you, and I'm not surprised I'd cross paths in a place where you can dump so much of your wealth down the drain just to get wasted and brag about doing so the next morning.

Telebor: There's no need to try and put yourself on a pedestal, my precious little gem. I know you're simply trying to keep this as 'just business' even if you feel as though you're playing a dangerous game asking me for help. I managed to work my magic and get your little friend that match you wanted so badly to help get her back on track, did I not? Come, have a seat with me and we can discuss whatever business you have today.

That knowing smirk... it made Ruby want nothing more than to rip his eyes out and shove them down his throat as he took a seat next to where she stood and she carefully followed suit when offered. Ivan even went out of his way to order the two of them some of the finest wine he could make the bartender retrieve for the pair, knowing it was all Ruby drank. What bothered Ruby about this man wasn't simply the way he carried himself in public feeling he was invincible when he could use his wealth and power like a shield to hide the terror beneath, it was the fact that he was smart enough to make the most out of being in such a position. He'd even mastered the ability to be able to read people's minds with psychic-like accuracy just by examining their facial features, a trick Ruby had been trying to master herself for a very long time. Add to that the ease of which he could pay off anybody he wanted to get whatever he desired, and there wasn't a piece of information on the planet he didn't have access to. This was why Ruby had begrudgingly texted him from the first disposable cell phone she could get her hands on to try and use this to her advantage, which paved the way for him to use a little bit of his “money magic” with SCW's board to get the Raine/Grey match booked on the previous Breakdown.

Telebor: Dare I ask what brings you out here this time around? The fact that you still remember my number and will go to any lengths to make sure I can't keep tabs on you suggests you've got something to hide.

Amarant: My life is none of your business Ivan. Never has been, never will be, and I'm not going to repeat myself on that front again.

Telebor: But of course dear. Far be it from me to try and force you into anything you don't want to be a part of. After all, what would Miss Grey think if she knew you were involved in a scenario that felt like a page straight out of what I'm sure would be one of her favorite books considering she named a move after it.

Amarant: For the record, Scarlet thinks reading is a waste of time. And you're going to leave her out of this.

Telebor: I can keep that promise. After all, you're far more my proverbial cup of tea.

The moment her glass of wine was set down in front of her, Ruby wasted no time in downing half of it just to forget he even said those words. She wanted nothing more than to regurgitate her heart right then and there and smash it with a hammer just to prove a point to him, and he could only chuckle knowing he was getting to her.

Telebor: I'll tell you this at least... if you're here in regards to that Fatal Fortunes event, I'm afraid I am of no help to you. Before you mention it, I am very much aware that I COULD bribe my way into an early sneak peak and have a few things shuffled around if I really wanted to, but I think leaving things as they are is more fun. After all, if it doesn't affect me then why risk throwing myself into the heart of chaos?

Amarant: I should've known you'd be too gutless to help.

Telebor: Are you that worried about what two weeks will do to this little friendship we both know you don't care as much for as you're letting on? Or perhaps you're simply getting... jealous?

Ruby bit her lip to keep from responding. The last thing she needed to hand over to Ivan was information he could use against her down the line. Sure, he knew he was getting to her, but if he didn't know to what extent then she still held some control over this situation. Thankfully, she came prepared with a plan B.

Amarant: Then perhaps you can help me in another endeavor. Since you've clearly been keeping an eye on SCW, no doubt mostly because of me, then I'm sure you're aware of what my partner's been up to.

Telebor: But of course. She has eyes for that Aaron Blackbourne fellow. I think that kid's got a good head on his shoulders, but someone boasting such a big imagination really should learn to lighten up a little more if you ask me.

Amarant: Scarlet's refusing to accept that he's committed to another relationship and she wants me to help fix that. Considering I don't care what happens to him as long as I render him powerless beneath my heel and use him as a stepping stone, I figured I can kill two birds with one stone by getting something that will pacify Scarlet for a time and give me the upper hand.

Telebor: Let me guess... you're asking me to waste my time doing a little digging in regards to getting you anything about this girl, or perhaps finding out if she even exists. Don't get me wrong, I certainly could, but what would I have to gain from it?

Ruby rubbed her temple with her fingers, figuring it wasn't going to be that easy. He no doubt let last week's request slide just to bask in the victory of knowing she even bothered to re-establish contact with him against her own better judgment, but now that he had her in his sights again he was going to play this however he saw fit to gain at least something from the encounter. She refused to answer him and went to grab her glass, but was taken aback a bit when he placed his hand over hers atop it. She stared at him as he took a deep drink of his own wine before giving her the most “sincere” smile he could manage in the face of someone who saw through his usual charm.

Telebor: Considering what you're asking of me, I don't think it would be too much to ask for something small in return. Perhaps... a date? And before you refuse, I'm not talking about going any farther than perhaps just a dinner outing. No going back to my place or anything along those lines, just a nice little chat to catch up. Agree to that, and I'll dig up everything you want to know and then some.

Ruby's eyes narrowed into a glare. It was never that simple with this man, and she knew it. It didn't matter how innocent he tried to look, because she knew that dinner would always be the start and he'd find some way to get it to go farther than that. Even if he was telling the truth for once, the last thing she wanted was to give him an opening to try and steer their conversation into finding out anything he could use against her, as she would admit (though never publicly) he was one of the extreme;y few people that could pull that off against her. She knew this would be a mistake, but at this point she'd trapped herself by willingly walking into this in the first place, and while she could likely get what she needed on her own, if shady means were required then it was better if nothing could fully be linked back to her. With a sigh, she finished her wine and stood up, her mind at least coming up with a temporary solution to buy herself some time until she had a better plan of attack.

Amarant: Tell you what: get me anything you can first, and I'll agree to one little dinner date with you, but that's it.

Telebor: So that's the game you want to play, huh? Fine with me, my precious little gem. You'll have whatever you want sooner than you think, and then we can get down to further business. I'll be in touch.

He punctuated his final statement with a wink as Ruby gave him the most disgusted look she could muster before storming off, her job done despite the bitter taste she knew it would leave in her mouth. At least for now she knew she had a guaranteed method of getting what she needed to aid Scarlet while setting herself up for easier success, and the rest would be figured out in due time. She just hoped Scarlet would appreciate the effort she was going through just to make her happy, because if Scarlet knew the truth she could only imagine how she would respond, and she knew she wouldn't like it one bit no matter what it turned out to be.

We find ourselves in a room that looks like quite the upscale affair, though we cannot confirm if this is simply another room we have yet to see within the mansion/castle that Scarlet Grey owns or someplace else entirely. Considering the cozy fireplace, the extremely comfy reading chairs, the rows upon rows of bookshelves that call to mind a private library amidst the elegant carpeting and ornate walls, it's easy to assume the former, although the latter is just as possible when you realize that aside from the flames and a few book covers the color red is sorely lacking. Regardless of the true answer, the main reason we're here is because of one half of the Red Empire, Ruby Amarant, meditating on the floor in front of the fire. She's very much aware that a camera is trained on her, but she refuses to open her eyes to acknowledge it even as she begins to speak.

Amarant: I have to admit, for the first time since I've arrived here SCW has managed to intrigue me. For the next two weeks they've decided to leave everything up to the spin of a wheel, and I do mean EVERYTHING. For all I know, I could walk into Breakdown this week and walk away holding their top prize, or perhaps I could be given the chance to embarrass one of the countless names wasting space on this roster that have only been good for reminding us how good they used to be or how good they believe they are. Perhaps I could get some poor soul trapped inside a steel cage to toy with, or SCW could have some useless match concept stashed away they might throw on there hoping to embarrass someone. No matter what happens, those in charge have finally done something worthwhile by leaving it all in the hands of fate, taking away the ability for biased decision making and freeing themselves from the burden of concocting excuses for why they believe certain situations are "fair" or "worthwhile" to the anger of some egocentric peon that will always find fault with it.

Amarant: Perhaps that sounds like I'm trying to stir the pot and insinuate that I am but another name in the long list of people who have some sort of issue with the powers in charge, but the difference between myself and all of them is that I simply hate everyone equally. As much as I could speak against the general incompetence of the family that runs this place, I could also write several novels in regards to the people that work for them. Maybe that's some of my own annoyance with my present situation shining through, but it's hard to argue against where someone of my intellect should be in standing compared to where I currently find myself, especially when I've only been given one chance to get anywhere that was unfortunately lost due to my partner's latest obsession.

This is the point when Ruby's eyes finally open, and the redhead in the gothic-inspired black and red leather attire allows her annoyance to be seen in full. She knows exactly what people want to hear out of her right now, and while she could easily deny them until time itself came to an end, it would be far smoother sailing going forward if she just dealt with it now to silence the masses before they continued to pester her about the "trouble in paradise" they perceived after watching them carefully since the duo's return.

Amarant: Considering I don't have any one specific person in front of me that I can verbally abuse as proof of the claims for where I stand in the overall pyramid of intelligence, I suppose I should address the proverbial elephant in the room while it's still a relevant topic in your minds. For those with terrible memories or short attention spans, that "one chance" I just mentioned was the return of the Red Empire to the tag team ranks where we unfortunately failed, although I do not know how two women who consider themselves a force for the fans can take pride in winning what ultimately became a glorified handicap match. I'm afraid I cannot begin to tell you the sudden origin of this newfound obsession my partner has developed in regards to one Aaron Blackbourne, but I can attest to the problems her obsession has caused when she was focused more on getting his attention over doing what she proved she's more than capable of last week, and that's putting the inferior in their place. Under different circumstances, it's become painfully clear now that Sam Raine and Chrissy Gardner simply do not measure up to us in any facet, though I know their line of thinking in that regard will not change. Human beings don't show weakness when their fragile egos are on the line, after all.

Amarant: Your answer, for the record, is no... no, there is no internal issue with the Red Empire. Have I been annoyed with Scarlet lately for her infatuation? Yes, but being annoyed with her when not having her head in the game ultimately costs us opportunities is no different than if you were annoyed by a friend for not taking something as seriously as you do. It's sad when the current state of the human race is for everyone to perceive a problem that does not exist stemming from the tiniest and most irrelevant of things. While you can all continue to be so overly sensitive thinking it makes you "cool" or whatever the politically correct masses of the world have deluded themselves into believing, you can rest assured that Scarlet, and the Red Empire as a whole, will ultimately be where we belong: at the very top ruling over all.

This is when Ruby slowly begins to rise to her feet, her irritation vanishing in the presence of her usual cold and calculating demeanor. She never could understand why the people of the world found trying to be "sensitive to every last little thing" to be a trend worth getting behind, but the more it clashed with the collective egos of the population the more she could at least amuse herself with humanity's self-destruction. Despite what she's said, however, she still feels there's one last little thing to talk about before the time for talking comes to an end as far as she's concerned.

Amarant: If I did have to address any one person in particular, then I suppose I should speak to the man caught in my partner's gaze despite the low likelihood that our paths will cross out of everyone on the roster taking part in Fatal Fortunes. To be fair to you, I did warn Scarlet that you would be difficult for her to win over because you've proven yourself to be one of those "true love will conquer all" kinds of hopeless romantics that typically find themselves dead in the works of Shakesphere. However, to be fair to my partner, I should offer you a warning as well: the more you try to fight what she's offering you, the worse things are going to get. Scarlet tells the world time and time again that when she wants something, she WILL get it no matter what, and that isn't an empty threat born of her frustrations, it's a cold hard fact. She will stop at nothing to win you over, but Scarlet isn't the only one you should be concerned with Aaron. While Scarlet's distraction is primarily her fault, some blame has to end up on your shoulders as well regardless of whether your role in this was intentional or not, and if your continued resistance keeps her focus dvivided, then you're leaving me with no choice but to help resolve the issue myself. And before you start believing your world will finally begin to make sense again, if I have to resolve the issue then I can promise you it will be at the expense of a former two time television champion to make it clear what will soon be ingrained into the minds of every man and woman in SCW: the Red Empire is not going anywhere, nor will it stop until SCW has been conquered and claimed in its name.

With her piece spoken and points made perfectly clear, Ruby takes her leave of this room as the scene fades, leaving behind the sense of dread in her words that all would do well to take heed of, but no one will dare to acknowledge. The greatest of threats are always the ones right under your nose, and the longer the roster of SCW continues to overlook the Red Empire, the worse things will end for them. Fatal Fortunes will simply be the occasion that proves this more perfectly than anything else, and they all have no one to blame but themselves.