Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Deanna Frost vs. Diamond Steele
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET THURSDAY, February 24, 2022
Project: Black Ice

”Pain in the Mouth”

Frost “Forever Home”
Manhattan, New York
February 22nd, 2022
8:21pm

Deanna quietly reached out her hand to run a gentle finger along her daughter’s cheek, Amiliah having just fallen asleep as Deanna sang a lullaby to her. Out of her three children, Amiliah was the only one still young enough to need some additional affection every night beyond a hug and/or a kiss. David was “too old” according to the young boy and Elsianna was simply growing up.

Amiliah… Deanna sighed. She refused to have any ‘favourite’ children. She had given birth to David and watched Elsianna grow up as much as her wife, Selena, had. But Amiliah was the only Frost-child of their children that was biologically hers, the others being Selena’s. She could see parts of herself in Amiliah, her red hair and emerald eyes, a little duller than her own but still such a similar shade. She was as much her look-alike as Elsianna was Selena’s. And she was as much a Frost as David and Elsa were in Selena’s eyes, just like Deanna was…

Her tongue inadvertently flicked inside her mouth and she winced a little, feeling the canker-sore that had festered on her inside lip as she did so – causing her to mentally curse herself as she snuck out of her daughter’s room, ensuring the child’s nightlight of a smiling sun was turned on. 

It was her own fault. She had chosen to use her inside lip as a ‘chew-toy’ of sorts. Closing her eyes for a moment, the redhead’s head gripped the top of the stair-rail, her small fingers clenching around the wooden, decorative sphere.

Kim Williams and her sister, Marie Jones, had burst into her and Selena’s changeroom last Breakdown and immediately gone on the attack, and while Deanna had fought back best she could, she had been overwhelmed and taken to a secluded room in the Tampa-arena, along with several other ‘associates’ of the Double Jeopardy combatants, where they were handcuffed to a fence and mocked and hit relentlessly, all to prove a point – which Deanna wasn’t even sure what that point was! It all seemed like a damn temper-tantrum! Kim wasn’t getting the title shot she wanted so, like many other ‘divas’ of SCW of the past, she was lashing out. 

Still, when Kim had punched Deanna in the stomach, the younger Frost had bit down hard on her inner-lip, refusing to cry out in pain – refusing to give Kim or Marie the satisfaction! She wanted to spat at them. She wanted to mock them – mock how those two redheads were preaching ‘chaos’ and ‘pain’, when they didn’t have the first damn clue - because this was nowhere NEAR the hell Deanna had suffered for nearly two years in Frankfurt Prison III. THAT was true terror and pain.

Closing her eyes, the young woman allowed a shiver to ride through her system at the memory before quietly making her way downstairs. Biting her lip to supress any screams of pain was just one tactic she had learned in her time there, but the consequences had come out shortly thereafter. She had bit too hard and cut her inner lip… which had now developed into a canker sore. 

With a roll of her eyes, the redhead made her way into the kitchen, quickly taking some hot water from the sink and mixing a good spoonful of salt before pouring it into mouth to whisk into her cheek and gums, rinsing it purposefully against the annoying little pain. She continued this for several minutes until the glass of salt-water was empty, alternating between spitting the water into the sink and refilling her mouth with it to rinse. That accomplished, she quietly made her way out of the kitchen and down another set of stairs until she had reached the hallway that appeared near the end of the steps (which led into the basement).

She did not hesitate in her walk as she entered the hallway. Despite the near two years in prison, she had lived four years of her life here (and she planned on living many more here as well), knowing every nook and cranny of it, something a mother of three needed to know for when her children were ‘hiding’ from their mothers. Heading down the dark hall, Deanna kept a hand on the wall to steady herself and her direction, her eyes focused on the light streaming out (and around) the closed doorway. Passing through the ‘movie theatre’ room and into a second hallway, she closed the doors and allowed the further absence of sound (for this was where the soundproofing started) to fill her ears a little, almost like filling with noise-cancellation as she walked the last remaining distance of a hallway towards a last set of doors. The single light above her head was dim but enough to illuminate the short path, allowing her eyes to catch framed photos on the wall – photos of her wife’s career as an SCW wrestler, but also-

She spied one photo that was newer, that of her posing backstage in her new wrestling attire at her first real ‘wrestling’ match – The End of the Year Special a few months ago. When had Selena had time to get this made? There was another photo next to it of her and Selena posing in the ring, this one from their first time working in the same match together – when they had teamed with Jordan Majors against The Brand on a Breakdown episode. 

With a quiet smile and shake of her head, Deanna reached out for the last door, opening it with barely a sound. Her eyes immediately took in the many books that outlined the majority of the room, a set of shelves that circled the perimeter of the large office, though she could see breaks in the wall for things like a large mirror, a clock and some more photos. Still, her eyes never stayed on any décor for long until they settled on the desk at the end of the room and the woman sitting there.

She wore her usual magenta nightgown, a contrast to the dark-green one Deanna wore, and her hair was flowing freely down her back. Her sapphire eyes were locked on the computer screen near her, flying left to right as she seemed to be reading and studying something. Once Deanna had stepped further into the room, however, those gorgeous orbs flew up to meet her.

Without either saying a word, Selena pushed her chair back a little and opened her arms just as Deanna reached her, the redhead immediately settling onto her wife’s lap to be held by the platinum-blonde. Continuing on ‘automatic pilot’, Deanna lowered her head as Selena raised hers to meet one another in a soft kiss – only for the redhead to wince and pull back a little.

“Ow…damn-”
“Canker sore!” 

The last part came not from her but from Selena, the younger Frost suddenly realizing that, like her, Selena had winced and sat back a little, though the older woman kept her arms wrapped around the smaller Deanna. They now stared at one another in surprise, both pairs of eyes, emerald and sapphire, wide.

“You too?” they asked in unison.
“How did you get one?” Deanna asked, earning a shrug from Selena.
“I think when Glory forearmed me, my bottom lip cut against my teeth.” The Snow Queen sighed. “Just a cut, but you know how they can get. What about you?”
“Mine wasn’t accidental.” Deanna admitted, a bit embarrassed. “I bit down on the inside of my lip to avoid showing pain when Kim punched me.”

She immediately, and not surprisingly, felt her wife’s body stiffen at the mention of that. “I am going to kick her damn head off.” Selena growled under her breath.
“I’d like to get a few shots in myself.” Deanna admitted. “Her and her sister.”

For Selena, it was a double-edged insult. The fact that, first of all, the team known as “Twin Magic” had kidnapped her beloved wife and second, that it was done as partly to mess with her focus on defending her world title against Glory Braddock – just like they had messed with her at Body, Heart and Soul – trying to screw her out of the world title and an amazing main-event just for the sake of attention. 

For Deanna, it was also a double-edged insult, but with one difference. The first reason was Selena’s last – and despite Deanna trying to get Selena to reset and refocus on the match, she had seen it so many times during the match with Glory where Selena was still rattled and thrown off her game. Fortunately, she had managed to ‘wake up’ and retain but it had been too close for comfort in Deanna’s mind. The other reason she was angry with Marie and Kim was – well, really, she was mad at herself. That she was, still, a target just to get to Selena. Yes, it had been a two-on-one and, rationally, she could not expect herself to hold her own against odds like them, but even so – she still hated how ‘weak’ Twin Magic had made her feel in that moment – spikes of memories of Frankfurt coursing through her. 

Her own body was growing tense, until she felt soft, pale hands running along her arms and back, her attention drawn back to Selena. The older woman held a look of understanding, reaching up to cup Deanna’s face, the redhead turning into the touch without any hesitation.

“Kids asleep?” Selena tried, offering a change of topic as a distraction for her beloved.
“Just put Amiliah to bed.” Deanna replied. “Amiliah’s the only one that still wants lullabies.” Deanna sighed. “Elsa and David are growing up.”
“They still want them on occasion.” Selena reminded. “Remember when Elsianna was sick a few weeks ago?”

Deanna gave a nod. It had not been a heart-stopping experience that their daughter had become ill. After all, Dr. Gray had been on call and always stopping by to ensure his neighbours had enough medicine and that it was working – the kind soul, Deanna thought. With such care, in combination with the love and care of her mothers, Elsianna had made a full and fast recovery. 

“Still…” Deanna shook her head, resting it in the crook of her wife’s neck. “It’s only going to be a matter of time before Amiliah doesn’t need lullabies anymore.”
“Then we wait for the grandchildren.” Selena remarked offhandedly, earning a surprised squeak from Deanna, who sat up to regard her wife. 

“Grandchildren?” She asked. “You’ve thought about that?”
Selena shrugged a little. “A bit.” She admitted. “I mean, they’re going to grow up, Deanna. And…yeah, a little… I mean, for so long, I didn’t think I would have children. And now, we have three. So…yeah, I like to hope that, if they want, Elsa, David, and Amiliah will have families of their own.”

“Of their own…” Deanna thought, slouching back into her wife’s form. “Oh that’s a big thought… I mean, three kids, right? Let’s say that they all find their companion – husband, wife, whatever – that’s six people… and if those couples, even if they have only one kid…” her eyes widened, head jerking to regard her wife. “Selena… including us, that’s at least eleven people.”

Sapphire eyes widened. “Oh, gods…” an amused smirk, almost in disbelief, graced her lips. “That is A LOT of people…”
“You think?”
“We’re going to have to either expand the dining room or use another room for ‘big get-togethers’… Wow…”

The Snow Queen seemed to get lost in the thought, trying to, functionally, work out the logistics of housing such a number of people. “Assuming the children can have their rooms with their partners…” She turned her head towards Deanna. “We might have to have some kind of extension built. Like a series of guest rooms or something for holidays.” She thought.

“Right…” Deanna teased, starting to like this game she was having with her beloved. “But what if they are like us and have multiple children? Like three each? That will be seventeen people!”

Again, Selena’s eyes widened. “We could put on our own Broadway show with a cast of that size…”
“Or maybe our own hockey team!”
“Or a true stable in SCW! A dynasty! More people than Holly Adams has cameramen and photographers! Each a member of the House of Frost!”
“Screw ‘baring from ringside’!” Deanna exclaimed, swept up in the enthusiasm. “The House of Frost will surround the ring and ensure integrity! All who dare interfere with the matches will be dealt with swiftly while the matriarch defends her world title!”

“Wait a minute!” Selena held her hands up. “Since when am I the matriarch?”
“You’re the Snow Queen.”
“You’re my beloved. And I think Queen is in your names so far? Queen’s Guard? Queen Consort?”
“You’re also older.” Deanna added.
“Hey!” Selena huffed, her lower lip jutting out in a pout. “Don’t remind me.”
“Plus, you’re the world champion.” 
“For now.” The platinum-blonde countered fast. “I see no reason why you couldn’t be that level some day!”

The remark caught Deanna off-guard, the redhead’s emerald eyes going wide at such a statement. “You…” she tucked a stay strand of red hair behind her ear shyly, her eyes now fascinated on the floor. “You honestly think so?”

A pair of pale fingers reached under her chin, gently guiding Deanna’s head back up to stare into sapphire eyes. “I have no reason to believe otherwise.” Selena honestly answered. “You’re already so much farther along than I was. Main-eventing Breakdown with Jordan and I, pay-per-view appearances, fighting some of the greatest talent backstage and around the ring…”

“I mean…” Deanna shrugged. “I don’t think I could do what you do – pretty big boots to fill.” She added.
“That isn’t important, Deanna.” Selena smiled, leaning in press her forehead to Deanna’s cheek. “What matters is you do what makes you happy.”

The statement held more weight than either woman could say. Up to this point, Deanna’s ‘involvement’ in wrestling in official matches – all three of them – had been little more than ‘addendums’ to her manager contract, addons meant to accommodate her growth within SCW. But Shaun Cruze, the new manager after Cian, had surprised both women with a brand new contract… a wrestler’s contract meant not only to facilitate Deanna’s desired role as Selena’s manager but also to incorporate her as an SCW ACTIVE superstar…

In short… Deanna was now as much a wrestler as her wife was! She was even booked – her first singles match ever – against Diamond Steele.

It was part incredible and even more part terrifying for the redhead. There was no ‘gray-area’ now. She was fully in Selena’s world, which meant that not only could she fight with Selena and get better and better, not only could she bring more prestige and fame to the Frost name, she could team more and more with Selena… maybe even…

But the problem, again, was double-edged. There was no real ‘gray-area’ and while she had not had ‘absolute’ protection from other bitter, angry SCW superstars (last week being a big example), there were at least repercussions for attacking non-wrestlers that could keep her safer. That would no longer be the case for her. She was fair-game for anyone wishing to make a name or send a message, much like Selena and anyone else that was a wrestler in SCW. 

And what if this whole thing blew up in her face? She had not won any of the three matches she had competed in. In fact, she was quite certain that she currently had the worst record in SCW as any kind of wrestler. What if that didn’t change? What if she just kept losing and losing – dragging her family’s name through the mud while Selena was struggling to lift it, along with the name of SCW and the World title?

Become as good as Selena, or at least on that level… or forever tarnish whatever legacy she has built… 

That had been the one thought rampaging through her mind regarding Breakdown – because that was what her ‘debut singles match’ would be all about. Two tags and a royale. That had been her ‘experience’ in SCW. Nobody had seen her fight on her own against a single opponent. Nobody, including Deanna and Selena, knew how it would go. Would she look like a total fool? Barely able to lock in a hold or throw a punch? Would she be able to hold her own? 

She wasn’t sure. She and Selena had spent so many late nights training together, Selena continuously updating and refining Deanna’s move-set, adapting it into something Deanna was comfortable with until Deanna could see it: She threw punches differently than Selena, she kicked differently than Selena, she even grappled and jumped differently than her wife. It wasn’t anything bad, her more experienced wife had just wanted Deanna to ‘find her own style and way’ that was comfortable and empowering for her. Deanna couldn’t just ‘copy Selena’s moves and style’. 

Admittedly, the redhead had discovered – and perhaps it was while she was spending time in prison – that, unlike her wife, she preferred grappling and striking with her arms and knees. Where Selena preferred flight and kicks, Deanna found herself sticking more to the ground, taking flight only when necessary.

And yet… she had watched Selena watching her, and she could see her wife’s eyes, shining proudly and making calculations in her observations. Was she trying to just improve Deanna’s form? Or was she seeing how well they meshed together? 

Quickly, Deanna shook her head. She hadn’t even had a singles wrestling match yet. She didn’t want to overthink and get her hopes up on anything as a ‘wrestler’. For all she knew, she would get injured by either Steele or by Twin Magic if they got involved again, though if the latter tried anything like last week, she wanted to get a few shots in!

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this contemplative…” Selena remarked, regaining Deanna’s attention. “At least not without speaking your inner monologue.”

Slightly irked by that remark, Deanna playfully stuck her tongue out at her seated wife, her head turning to gaze at the still on computer screen. “What were you working on?” she asked, trying to ‘scan-read’ as much as she could.

“Gavin’s speech for that debate happening in a few weeks.” Selena sighed. “I don’t know why he needs me to look at it when he has Jean and Talia helping him.”
“Well… you have much more experience talking in front of ‘crowds’.” Deanna offered with a shrug. “And it never hurts to have an extra set of eyes look over one’s work.”

“Yeah but it’s not like I’m politically inclined. You know I hate politics.” 
“I do too.” Deanna sighed. “But I’d rather we do something than just hope that they beat Ryan.”

That was the big issue. The entire group, the Frost wives, Jean, Zelda, Talia and Gavin all agreed vehemently, that Ryan Scythe could NOT become mayor of Nome and if Gavin was the best choice to keep that from happening, then what was reading some speeches and offering some insight? Hell, Selena had sat through pages of Syren’s blogs and countless hours of Holly’s TV-show and ‘interviews’, so what was a five to ten minute speech?

“Was that your edit?” Deanna asked, pointing to the screen, quoting. “While I do not have a family of my own, I have come to view Nome as my family – something my father taught me. He put Nome’s wants and needs before his own and I believe the mayor of this town must do the same, or as my father put it ‘A mayor’s job isn’t just to make the town good to live in during his term, but great to live in for the foreseeable future’. Did he really say that?” Deanna asked.

“I may have paraphrased a little.” Selena shrugged. “I believe Malcolm cursed more and used that message to explain why he was torturing us… but you know… subtext?”

With a roll of her eyes, Deanna leaned down to brush her lips against Selena’s, momentarily forgetting about her sores, except when she had to pull back when the jolt of pain met them both.

“Oh! But I want to!” the redhead whined, slapping her hand against the nearby desk. 
“We best resist the urge to begin anything if there can’t be any follow through.” Selena sighed.
“Oh? Frustrated are we?” Deanna grinned devilishly.

“Stop it.” Selena smiled with a tired tilt of her head before gently pushing Deanna off her and getting to her feet. “If you have that much energy, then we can train.” She stated, reaching to turn off her computer screen and making her way out of the office.

“Awww…” whined Deanna. “But I’m in my pyjamas!” she countered. “Can’t it be snuggle time instead?”
“Train first.” Selena threw her head back, eyeing her wife warmly. “Then I’ll snuggle you all you want after.”

“Deal!” Deanna shouted, chasing after Selena. “No takebacks!” she added as she scampered after her wife to change into their workout clothes, Deanna looking more forward to the post-workout stuff than what would follow before that…
[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The camera opens up to the interior of the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, the site for tonight’s latest episode of SCW Breakdown. With last week’s episode featuring an incredible world title main-event, tonight’s episode hopes to build on that with a series of exciting matches. The shadow of last week’s show, however, looms large, a fact not lost on the woman pacing the inside of the ring amidst the empty space. White and blue lights shine down upon her, highlighting the redness of her natural hair. She wears her black wrestling pants with autumn leaves designs running up the right leg, as if dancing in the wind, and her maroon, long-sleeved shirt. The only thing missing of her wrestling apparel is the matching leather vest, though it can be seen lain across the top turnbuckle in the far left corner.

Can you tell I’m nervous? Deanna Frost turns to the camera, running her hands through her red hair, which has been tied into a mermaid-style keep. Of course you can. she smiles a little knowingly before stopping her pacing and taking a deep breath.

Sorry, hi guys! she waves. Selena let me use her ‘segment set’ for today – I kind of wanted to… I thought, maybe if I did, I could maybe capture a little of that awesomeness she has. Maybe. But, yeah, I’m nervous. I mean… tonight – okay, we can say A LOT of things about me. And I mean, A LOT of things… she holds her hands out a little to emphasize the point. You could totally argue that me being in the ring was more ‘spur of the moment’ decisions. Things decided as ‘temporary’ things. The tag-matches, the royale – nothing that really screamed ‘Oh wow! Deanna Frost is an SCW wrestler now!’. I mean, I was just coming out to my wife’s theme music before! No video of my name or anything! But… the redhead takes a deep breath, her hands resting on her hips, before she exhales through clenched teeth.

I mean we can’t say that anymore. That this is just 'spur of the moment'... 

I’ll say it… I signed a contract extension given to me by Shaun Cruze. One that makes me, undeniably, an SCW active wrestler…

I’m a wrestler. An SCW Superstar…

Her emerald eyes seem to travel down to the ring mat she stands on, growing a little wide as she seems to contemplate these words. It feels so weird. And scary. And wonderful. And nerve-wracking. And terrific. And exciting. And heart-stopping. And gut-wrenching. I want to laugh. I want to cry. I want to throw up a little. I want to jump up and down and dance on the spot – I’ve done three of those already since I got here to Boston… I won’t tell you which ones. She smiles playfully, her tongue sticking out a little between her teeth as she smiles.

But tonight – this is my first ‘singles’ match. My first match that is… well… it’s me. It’s not ‘associated with Selena’ or me teaming with Selena or anything like that. It’s Deanna Frost booked one-on-one as an SCW wrestler…because that’s what I am. A wrestler… a wrestler…

Turning away, the young woman takes a few breaths, resting her hands on the ropes to overlook the empty arena. I guess that’s what has me so nervous. The fact that, before, I was teaming with my wife or, in the case of End of the Year, there were no expectations or real pressure on me. But being signed – people believing I can be a wrestler… it does put pressure on me, I think. Because Shaun wouldn’t have offered this to me if he didn’t believe that I could do something worthwhile. If I couldn’t be a wrestler. Selena wouldn't have encouraged me to sign it if she didn't believe in me. And you all wouldn't have supported me in the past if you didn't believe in...something about me, right? 

And I’m very much like my wife, you guys. I believe being a wrestler here is something that requires a certain level of…something. I don’t know if it’s skill or heart or passion or natural talent or a combination of them all – I have no idea. But not everyone can become a wrestler of Supreme Championship Wrestling.

But… my wife started here the same way I did. Someone that gave it a shot and then pushed herself to become better and now look at her.
For a moment, Deanna has a rather dreamy look on her face before snapping back to attention. And I have to believe that I will be able to do something like that. Because I want to. I wouldn’t have agreed if I didn’t want to do something worthwhile like she has. I have no idea what that is but I’m taking it a little bit at a time…

Like tonight, for example, and I promise I will go into the match in a second, but there is something I need to address first. Because there is an elephant in the room I need to address. A big, pink elephant in the room.

Deanna takes a deep breath, turning her head towards the camera, her emerald gaze becoming a strong glare, all traces of her nervousness gone.

Twin Magic… Kim Williams and Marie Jones. Last week, you sought to use me as some sort of sick game to play on not only the other combatants of Retribution’s upcoming Double Jeopardy match but the World Champion, my wife, Selena. I don’t really know if this was just another temper tantrum of yours or some sick attempt to get more attention or another sick attempt to get the world title off Selena so you can brag on Twitter with your never-ending supply of gifs. I don’t know… and I really don’t care.

Because what you two did crossed a line. To me, to Dawn, to Penguin, to Cookie-
she has to stop to shake her head. I am angry. No, I’m beyond angry. You two made me feel so weak because I couldn’t stop you from hurting Penguin or me. I couldn’t stop you from kidnapping the others or mocking Selena. And then… she shakes her head. That nothing was done about it? That you two got off scot-free for what you did?

Biting her lower lip, Deanna, again shakes her head. I had trouble dealing with that. Because how was that fair? How would that make things in SCW better if that was allowed to 'just happen'? How would that help make my wife’s vision of integrity in SCW come true if you two were allowed to just get away with something like that. Because why? You're not getting the title shot you want? You're not getting the praise you want? You're not getting, you're not getting, you're not getting - SERIOUSLY?! That's your justification for kidnapping and assaulting people?! 

It made all the more sense to me why Selena was enraged beyond just 'you took her wife from her'. And I thought, what would Selena do? Would she just let this slide? Would she just shrug her shoulders and accept it? No, that’s not what my wife would do. I know Selena Frost better than a single person here in SCW, and I know what she would do. She would fight back! She would bring the fight to those that had wronged her and she would make them regret it. She would rise above those acts of evil in a bold declaration of ‘You can’t stop me’…

Taking a slow breath, Deanna jerks her head a little in contemplation. Except that’s her – and she’s the World Champion. She’s the Face of SCW. She’s the Snow Queen. She’s one of the biggest names in SCW and I’m… well, I’m not.

Even so, I refuse to do nothing. I refuse to let this slide.
She takes a deep breath to steel her resolve. Kim Williams! Marie Jones! her voice is louder and more pointed. You, Kim, said that you didn’t care about my wife or I. You said that you didn’t want to fight Selena or get involved with me – you just wanted the Underground title… Well, guess what? You did involve us. You involved me. You made me part of your twisted game to try and get the Underground Title, maybe because you thought that there would be no real consequences.

Well, I AM the consequences! And whether it’s at Retribution or weeks from now or even months from now, I am going to hold you both accountable for what you did. I am going to fight you sooner or later and I am going to…to…
she seems to think for a second. Can I say ‘beat you up’ without sounding pitiful? I don’t know. A long sigh escapes her.

I don’t have the right words like my wife does, okay? I don’t have her ability to execute a promo like she can. But I know what my heart says. And my heart- she places a hand over her chest. My heart knows where I need to go. I need to fight. I need to bring the fight to you two. I need to make you both pay for what you have done to my wife, to me, and to the others. I need to be the sword – the guard – of the Queen. And I know it’s not going to happen overnight. It will take more than me finding you backstage tonight and throwing some kicks and knees and punches your way. It’s going to take time, it's going to take wins and losses (least I hope it's wins as well as losses), and it's going to take me working harder than anyone else, to get better – to get to the level you two and so many others already live at. So that I can stand up to you and those 'others' and make it clear to them and to you both that there will always be consequences when dealing with me. That I am not some weak, tag along associate of Selena Frost. I am as much a fighter – a warrior – as she is. And, like her, I refuse to stay down when I need to do the next right thing.

Taking a slow shaky breath, Deanna nods her head, her mind clear after that cathartic release, clapping her hands together. It all starts tonight. With a single step. A single match. And that’s what tonight is for me. It’s that first step – something for me to learn from. And I’m up against Diamond Steele.

And I can be grateful for starting off my first one-on-one match with such an opponent. I mean, she’s got the same years of experience as my wife has – maybe a little longer. And despite a rather ‘hit-and-miss’ record here in SCW, she certainly is NOT low on confidence if you’ve checked out her Twitter. Personally, I’m not sure how she can handle all that she has – but I am not interested in the singer or actress that she is. I’m interested in Diamond as the wrestler. But I can’t help but feel like I’m the only one giving this some serious thought.

Biting her lower lip, Deanna places her hands on her hips. I mean… I checked, Diamond. And I’m not the most vocal on Twitter but you? Everything that’s worth your time ends up on there. Your other matches, your self-primping, everything… but not your match with me… And maybe I shouldn’t take that personally. I mean, I haven’t said anything about it on Twitter either – but I’m not a woman with nearly a decade of wrestling experience. You are. I’m not proclaiming that I ‘shine brighter than anyone’. You are. I’m someone that’s just starting here as a wrestler. I want to do better – I want to be better, but I am nervous as hell. Because who am I automatically compared to?

The damn SCW World Champion, that’s who!

But you? Do you even know my name? Do you even know what I can do? Or is this a paycheck to you? Is this you strolling in and strolling out with a shrug of your shoulders like your other matches here in SCW? Is this an ‘easy day’ for you because you’re up against someone with far less experience than you? Or am I someone that can catapult you to the World Champion - a shortcut process that would make Giovanni Aries proud, if HIS Twitter whines are to be believed.

Deanna sighs. I don’t know, but let me tell you where I stand. Right now? I get it. People see me as ‘less’. Not the ‘Frost’ they would rather face. Others see me as ‘weak’, a housewife that’s turned into a manager that’s turned into a wrestler or something like that. Others still would laugh at me for even attempting this for a new career.

And just like my wife when she started, that means I have many, many of those minds to defy, deny, and prove wrong!
she smiles brightly.

This match may not be worth your time, but it is all I am going to focus on. Because I want to get better. I want to get stronger. I want to reach a level where I can stand toe-to-toe with Kim and Marie and hold them accountable. Where I can stand up to those in SCW, not behind, but beside my wife and fight as she does!

So sing a song, Diamond! Disregard me! Opt for some one-line or something about beating me. Because tonight, this is the ‘main-event’ for me! This is my chance to make a statement that will get all of SCW’s attention. Because if Deanna Frost can beat you? If Deanna Frost can defy a near ten-year veteran tonight on Breakdown?

Then where can she go from here? What else is she capable of? What else is The House of Frost capable of?

Biting her lower lips as she smiles, Deanna gives a little hop in the middle of the ring. I’m beyond excited about that because I know it could be something special. I know it could be something amazing. I know it could be something unbelievable!

Tonight, maybe it’s a long shot, but I intend on stealing the show! I intend to leave all of SCW talking about me and Selena and The House of Frost…

And I intend to make Twin Magic understand that there are targets on their backs and, sooner or later, the Queen’s Guard will be coming for them!
her tone, once more, is cold and serious.

You may enjoy talking on and on on Twitter about another SCW – Sin City, Diamond, but, I can assure you, there is only one true SCW to me and there’s a reason that’s standard is not ‘sin’ but ‘Supreme’. Tonight, you better believe I am going to do all I can to start at that standard…

Because I only intend to go UP from there!

The camera slowly fades on the redhead as she stands in the middle of the ring, arms crossed over her chest as the shot fades to black.
How Did We Even Get Here?!
San Diego, California
February 12th 2022

Diamond Steele’s life had been an emotional roller coaster for the past year. She never could ever imagine her husband of ten years cheating on her and basically walking out on their relationship. Kate felt heartbroken and there were wounds that just couldn’t seem like they could ever be healed. It had been close to a year since Teddy had broken her heart. One week ago to this day is the day that Diamond’s life had changed for the better. It was the day she had meant Dawn. Who would have ever imagined that the two would instantly have so much sex together and on the very first date they would become an item. This was definitely a nice refresher for Diamond who had been through so much. Truth be told just couldn’t get enough of the blonde woman. In the one week since they became official it had definitely been a week of pure bliss. Diamond wanted more and it was then when she decided that she wanted to live with him.

Today marked moving in day and Diamond was completely ecstatic as she paced around the front door of the Gem Stones manor. Diamond’s cousin Ruby crossed her arms offering a wide grin as she looked back at her older cousin.

“You know Kate if you keep pacing around like that you are going to end up putting a hole in the floor. Why don’t you just relax a bit?! She will get here when she gets here…”

Kate just shrugs her shoulders as she slowly gazes back at her cousin.

“I understand that… It’s just this has all been surreal to me. I honestly was going to give up on life when I caught Teddy cheating behind my back. I didn’t want anything to do with love but I guess seeing how you are with Courtney, how Sapphire is when Paloma and how Emerald is with Adrienne gave me a reason to keep going. I never expected this amazing woman like Dawn to fall right into my lap…”

Ruby giggles as she keeps her eyes locked on her cousin.

“And I never really expected for you to just give it up on the first date either. Not only did you do that but you emerge from a first date with a girlfriend. That’s amazing or honestly the signs of somebody who is utterly pathetic. Don’t you think it just makes you seem desperate?!”

Diamond holds her arms up as she just shrugs in return.

“Hey you just can’t put all the blame on me, there’s always two sides to every story. On top of that I guess you can say that Dawn is also part of the blame as well. It’s not like she tried to resist. She wanted it as badly as I did. I guess we just both wanted it… Anyway the fact is I just can’t get enough of her and I just need more of her. I want to spend a lot of time with her and…”

Ruby crosses her arms as she just shakes her head in return.

“I get it you are lovesick. You sound exactly as I did when I meant Courtney for the first time. You just wanted her to be in your entire world…”

“…She is my world…”

Ruby sighs before rolling her eyes.

“Look you are just love struck and that’s honestly an adorable thing but perhaps you should slow down a bit. Like you didn’t even introduce me!”

“I ummm hate to break it to you but she’s moving in Ruby…”