Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Lee vs. Sammy Thomas Davies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, March 31, 2022
Owen sits on a single stool, in the middle of a room, whilst leaning forwards, his hands clasped in front of him. He is wearing his new ‘Redemption’ tee-shirt, a pair of grey track pants and Adidas trainers, topped off with a cap of the same brand. He nods, acknowledging the camera presence, and then smiles, giving insight into his current mood. Then, in a quiet and yet confident tone, he begins to speak.

“Let’s make one thing clear. When I came back to Supreme Championship Wrestling I had very little in the way of expectation. When I stood in that ring and poured my heart out to the world, titles were a million miles away from my mind. Of course, no one should be in a company like this unless at least part of them in chasing Gold, and I am no exception. I know that in the main, any superstar in this company is judged on their honors reel, and I shouldn’t be any different. But as I walked into that ring at the End of Year Special against Drake Hemingway, honors were stocked away in the further crevices of my brain.”

He straightens out his tee-shirt so that the word is clear.

“It was ‘redemption’ that I craved.”

He nods his head, confirming the statement.

“Now don’t worry, this isn’t going to be me stepping in front of this camera and claiming that I have achieved precisely that. There’s a heck of a long way to go until I achieve that ‘nirvana’.”

Owen smirks, his intentions behind the use of that word obvious.

“I’m not even going to try and claim that my return has been in anyway easy. After all, I have come face to face with several former champions, and individuals the same as me, trying to get their foot back on the ladder, or indeed step UP that ladder and back to where they believe they belong. But, barring ONE mistake against Kandis that she capitalized on. And let’s not forget, this is Kandis who at Retribution had a chance to become the World Champion. I have taken on allcomers, and one by one ticked them all off the list. Including you… Alexis Quinne.”

He nods his head respectfully, just like he had respectfully offered the fist bump which Alexis accepted.

“Like we said previously, Retribution was a test for both of us. We returned at roughly the same time, our results had formed a similar arc, and more than anything both of us had come back to the SCW with a few new tricks up our sleeve. I think from our comments, and post-match, it is obvious that the two of us have respect for each other and understand what the other is looking to achieve. We said we would tear the house down with a high impact, high energy match and that is exactly the way our encounter transpired. And although I may have been the one that picked up the victory, there is NO question that BOTH of us showcased our talents and showed that if we hadn’t shaken off the ring-rust prior to the match… we certainly have now. Let’s face it Alexis, both of us had our opportunities, but I was the one quick enough to capitalize on ONE mistake. Grand scheme of things, does that mean that I’m better than you? 

No.

What it means Alexis is that both of us can shake what has become the foundations of this company to its core and set-in motion another new era. Because here’s the thing… the SCW is a far different animal from the one I left. So many individuals that dominated this company back in 2021 are no longer around, and people have taken that opening to force themselves into the main event. I’ve already mentioned Kandis, who I didn’t believe ‘wanted’ to be a wrestler, but I certainly do now. You’ve got Kim, Holly and many more that have now taken the places of the likes of Chris Cannon, Sierra Swan and Bree Lancaster. Established SCW names. That opportunity is ours Alexis, and I have no doubt that we will face each other down the line, with potentially higher stakes on the line. But for now, though Alexis, thank you for being true to your word and delivering on your promise. Time for us both to capitalize on this momentum we’ve built and only look forwards. And Alexis, one final thing. You ever need me, someone to watch your back, you have my word I’ll be there. This company needs people like you… now more than ever.”

Once again, he nods respectfully to the camera and steeples his hands together, before continuing.

“But although the foundations may have changed, as always with Supreme Championship Wrestling goes, chaos will ensue. Don’t get me wrong, I know I’ve had a hand in that chaos, my actions towards Olek still unforgivable… I won’t drudge up that story again. One thing that I’ve noticed however, and I’m sure that many more have picked up on the pattern. It seems that whenever chaos is formed, right there at the epicenter of it all of it all is Giovanni Aries, who is now aligned with Holly Adams and the so called ‘Haus of Nirvana.’ There’s a certain sense of irony that I find myself going toe to toe once more with his beliefs, this time in the form of one of his ‘disciples’… you, Sammy Thomas Davies.”

There is no ‘nod’ this time, and only a look of disdain.

“Now, don’t get me wrong… I understand why you find yourself embroiled in their little ‘offer’. I can see the attraction, because let’s face it… I was almost seduced by Giovanni and his ‘teachings’ not that long ago. I know it’s not the Wonderland any longer, and the fated ‘rabbit holes’ are a thing of the past, but the message still endures. Let me guess Sammy, he told you he could make your life ‘better’ in exchange for your 100% loyalty. He told you that you would find peace within yourself.

Am I close?”

He waits a moment, allowing his opponent to digest the question, before shifting in his chair.

“How do I know Sammy? 

Simple.

Because I’ve been there. I was promised the World by Giovanni Aries. I was going to be the ‘Prince of the Wonderland’, the ‘Chosen One’. I was searching for something, anything to take away what I was feeling at that point, and Aries would have done literally anything to make that happen. Brass tacks Sammy, the asshole nearly destroyed me… and for what? HIS message. Now of course, you’re not going to believe me. I mean, let’s face it… right now you are living the life, aren’t you ever since you accepted your place in the ‘flock’. I saw you at Retribution, playing your part so that Aries could pick up a victory from the jaws of defeat, like the good little servant that you are. Right now, in this moment, it’s all good isn’t it? After what seemed like years of being the SCW’s whipping boy, loss after loss, time and time again, suddenly you’re ‘useful’, and people are starting to take you seriously… all because of Giovanni Aries and Holly Adams. Your decision looks like it was the work of genius doesn’t it?”

Owen sighs, and allows himself a chuckle.

“Dude, right now it only seems that way because you continue to be useful. You’re picking up this reputation because you’re bullshitting people that don’t have the experience of dealing with Giovanni Aries and his mind games like I do. Ask Aries how many times he’s managed to beat me, even after all his bullshit Sammy. It’s an easy figure to remember… NONE. Why? Because the man you put so much faith in, the man, and I guess woman who you believe are turning around your life are nothing more than elaborate frauds. A con contrived from focusing on the weak. I’m afraid that’s all you are Sammy, a weak-minded fool who like many before you have chosen what you believe to be the ‘easier’ path to enlightenment. Bro, I know more than most… there is NO easy path, no $29.99 package is going to do that for you. You want enlightenment Sammy, you look at yourself, the reflection in the mirror. What you DON’T do, is allow yourself to be molded into the image of another like you are being now. I don’t fear that you are a part of the ‘Arse’ of Nirvana… I pity you, because, and here’s some more irony, it is only the strong that emerge from being under his grasp and can forge forwards into something more resilient that they were before. And if there is one attribute it is certain you lack, it’s strength. The strength to endure that which is so obviously fake. Here’s some ‘enlightenment’ for you Sammy, and I’ll give you this for free. Yes, you did help Giovanni get past Hudson at Retribution, which I’m sure gave you a stay of execution. Yes, you are known for something other than being the guy who is brought out of mothballs every so many months to introduce a new talent to the company and give them an opening day victory to give them confidence. But let me tell you this Sammy, if you keep losing to ‘local talents’, that level of embarrassment, Aries simply will not tolerate. And you my friend will be cast aside… up to date payments or not.”

Owen shrugs his shoulders, he’d dealt with Giovanni many times, and he hoped that once again their paths weren’t destined to cross off the back of what he intended to do on Breakdown. 

“Thing is Sammy, I know full well you ain’t going to listen to me, and honestly that’s fine, I’m not looking to change your mind, I’m only telling you the truth born from my own experiences. You want to have the courage in your convictions then I guess I should give you at least a little credit for that. 

Just a little.

After all, if you’re seeing progress, then congratulations… you’ve become one step up from a place we’ve all been, the bottom of the ladder. 

Bra-fucking-Vo. 

But if you think I’m going to let you derail the progress that I have made since returning, adding you to the list of ONE… individuals that have bested me. Think again sunshine. I ain’t no local talent. And I ain’t someone who has any intention of being anything but at the top of this game. At Retribution I sent a message Sammy, a message that stated quite clearly that I am not just close to being back at my best, but even better. At Breakdown I’m going to send another, to you, and the rest of the SCW Universe that Owen Lee is ready to once again represent this company and its fans. The guy that this company can believe in, a restoring of the faith. And I’m going to do that by shoving the ‘Haus’ up your ‘Ass’. Catagorically. Definitively.”

He picks up a bottle of water from the floor and removes the cap, before taking a sip, his eyes never leaving the camera.

“Sammy, what you are about to face is a man who can beat you in a thousand ways, an individual who can grab victory from the jaws of defeat with just a singular counter. You go up against a wrestler so fast, in both body and mind, it’s going to make you dizzy if you even try to keep up with me. I’m not unbeatable, far from it in fact. I have my weaknesses still, of that there is very little doubt… we all do. But you Sammy, I’m sure you will have your moments, but can you turn those moments into an unexpected win, do you know what those weaknesses are? I don’t think so and it’s up to me to ensure it doesn’t happen. You may well succeed against the similarly weak of mind, after all, you do have ability, mixed with bags of experience. But against the laser focused, someone with a true purpose, someone who owes this company for the second chance he was given...”

He pauses a moment to control his emotions.

“… I’m sorry Sammy, but quite simply you’re going to be out of your depth and that’s not bravado, that’s a simple fact.” 

He winks at the camera

“So, give me all that you have, all the will and confidence in the world that the ‘Haus’ has given you. Follow your teachings to the letter my friend, have each one emblazoned on your brain. And then as you stare at the arena lights, flat on your back, another ‘L’ added to the column, drown in the realization that it simply wasn’t enough, and never will be. You’ll have your excuses; I’ll simply move on…“

He smiles once more

“The rear-view mirror that little more cluttered, full of those that fell. 

You included.”

Scene fades