Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: The Connection vs. Happy Farmstead Friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 RP Limit for tag

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, April 7, 2022 (The show will still “take place” on Thursday. I’m just giving plenty of time to rp)
OOC: This one links in with the Kandis rp, though it's pretty clear; just wanted to clarify. Good luck!

"Snags"
You know…

When a chucklehead like Jon Knots actually speaks the truth, and furthermore when a shady fucker like Simon Lyman agrees with him, you know it should have been common knowledge… Why WOULD someone pick a fight with me willingly over something that was long forgotten in my case? Many people have tried to make a career out of calling me out over the years… I mean I AM the measuring stick in these parts whether certain people in SCW might attempt to tell you different despite the facts being laid right out on the table for all and sundry to see. But calling me out is one thing, and actually provoking me in the way that Crystal whats-her-name did, it's quite another. What did you THINK would happen at Retribution, Crystal? I mean seriously… Did you think I would go easy on you? Take you lightly and open myself up for you to get the fairytale ending you probably envisioned? If that's the case, then you seriously didn't do your homework… And now all you have to show for it is a crushing defeat, and the knowledge that you're nowhere near the Tommy Valentine level, despite foolishly thinking you were… I'd feel sorry for you, but I know that you'll be doing enough of that for both of us. Though I will say one thing. Despite Datura taking you out as you rebounded from defeat at my hands… I'll not expect flowers or a fruit basket as a thank you for me not ending your career permanently as I have done in the past… There's no thanks necessary for the fact I allowed you to still wrestle in my ring when I could have snuffed it all out for you by not letting go AT ALL when I had you in my submission. But for what it's worth… You're welcome.

(I chuckled slightly before shrugging)

But that was then and I know Crystal is more than capable of butchering her 'career' from this point without any more assistance from me. Now I turn my attention to the rest of you. To the people that think the Connection are through with the mouth-breathers and the clowns in SCW that think they are somehow safe because I was reduced to taking out more trash and Kandis was denied her birthright once more through bullshit that Double Jeopardy brought with it. But as we have shown time and time again… Whether you like us or not, we get what we want sooner or later. Case in point what happened on the last edition of Breakdown. Kandis and I have our detractors… I mean they come out of the woodwork on an almost literal weekly basis, don't they! People that absolutely adore throwing stones in glass houses because dropping ancient insults and jumping on bandwagons is the cool thing to do, right? I don't know what's more absurd… People thinking that they are the first to talk such shit, or that they think that said shit affects us beyond our having to address it in passing every now and again… And so that leads me into the interesting situation The Connection found themselves in unexpectedly.

(I shake my head slowly)

Selena Frost.

Self proclaimed Face Of SCW.

Multiple time champion of various divisions.

Part of the Gold Mongering Hall Of Fame.

Recycler Of Tag Team Names… Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

(I smirk at the camera)

Not satisfied with eking out a win to escape with the SCW World Title after Double Jeopardy, and holding that over everyone with your usual condescending and patronising gusto… You came out and felt the need to be offended that the Blunder Twins didn't want any part of a match with you and your wife. Now that's cool and all, I mean it does suck when people duck out of matches or choose to not take part in one that you've been put into… But the usual thing is to just take it on the chin and put all of that focus into the next challenge laid out before you. But not our esteemed World Champion and the old ball and chain… Oh no… You have the cajones to then issue an open challenge to any team, as if you feel like you have earned the right to a tag match without doing anything to warrant that bravado… So the greatest tag team to ever grace SCW with its presence answered the call. Bet you didn't expect that, did you? But as usual, your greatest strength is your greatest weakness, Selena… You take on any challenge, give it the fighting Champion shtick… Blah, blah, blah… It's just unfortunate that you bit off more than you could chew. You wanted to gain a win with Deanna, boost your momentum and knowing you like I do… Probably use that as leverage to gain a Tag Title opportunity after one or two meaningless matches before staking a claim.

And it would have worked too if it wasn't for those damn Connection kids!

It seems like any matches involving the two of us have shown I'm almost like your kryptonite though Selena eh? It just seems that no matter how much hot air you blow, you just can't seem to prove your alleged superiority to me… And now I guess the same can be said for my partner in crime and in bed, Kandis… You talked a big game as always but let's be real here… The only thing saving you from the humiliation of having to eat your words on this occasion was the bell ringing signalling the end of the match and so rendering our inevitable victory null and void… There is some good news though despite you having to live with the knowledge that there's something you have no claim to be the best at now… On Breakdown you can sit down in the back and allow a REAL tag team to show you how it's done. Because it looks like Shaun or someone in the Ivory Tower liked what they saw when they watched us school you in the ring. We're in an interesting match to say the least, but just as we proved our superiority to you… We get to show our superiority in a much different manner this time around.

(I rub my chin before smiling slightly)

Every once in a while, after sifting through the greatest of the great teams… A duo that some may call a novelty act, crop up. A couple of people that make some of the guys in the back feel pangs of disgust at the mockery that such a team make of the wrestling business. Make a lot of them feel like it's all one big joke that even the 'mighty' Shilo Valiant would have to cringe when just saying their name.

(I sigh)

And as it happens, Happy Farmstead Friends? You fall right into that category. People around these parts think you're a joke… A parody of some kind of George Orwell novel on crack. They see the fact that you often struggle to string two moves together in a match… That you don't seem to take anything seriously… That one of you used to be Autumn Valentine… And immediately count you out. They look at the stupid masks you wear and it makes their blood boil that such abominations are even capable of signing a contract, let alone allowed in a wrestling ring. I even heard that one clearly unstable guy on the roster even smashed the guitar that the Penguin tries to play and almost severed one of his arteries with the remains he was that offended that the two of you are even thought about as legitimate athletes… Or maybe he was just having a bad day and you were right there for him to make an example of… But the point remains the same. People laugh at you not WITH you, and getting involved with Lexy and her squad certainly didn't do you any favours in the long run. You did have an astonishing undefeated streak though, so there's that, right? Until Holly's cult took that away from you and gave all those people something else to shake their heads at… You had a good thing going and you even managed to screw that up when it counted! I even heard someone the other day referring to the both of you as sideshow freaks that belong in a circus as opposed to a wrestling ring… Can you believe that?!

(I shake my head slowly and place a hand on my chest)

Now here's where I make a confession… I used to be one of those people I mentioned… I used to think all of that about the two of you. Heck, I used to think even more demeaning and derogatory things about the Happy Farmstead Friends… But then Retribution happened and all of that changed. I used to think you were a joke of the highest order but now you have my full and undivided attention… Because the two of you now hold the twins that both Mommy and Daddy have long wanted to have back with us where they belong. Looking at that farce of a match, there is definitely room for healthy debate about your performance and actual overall impact on the match itself… But the end result will always be the same. You somehow managed to overcome…

(I hold a finger up)

One of the greatest minds in wrestling and the third best tag team wrestler in the world

(I add a second finger in the air)

An enigmatic, unpredictable and enthusiastic woman with multiple personalities that was s surprise success in the ring when push comes to shove…

(I go to raise a third finger then stop before shrugging and keep the two fingers in the air)

And an idiot that just happens to be able to wrestle.

(I shrug again)

You surprised everyone, The Connection included; guys… And however it happened, you walked out with the twins and that's why you have to be made an example of. Do you honestly know what is going to be coming your way on Breakdown? I mean really? After facing one and a half cobbled together teams and miraculously coming out on top… Are you ready to face a team that made our World Champion and her wife look like participants in Amateur Hour by just turning up? A team that would be record holders if it wasn't for the fact that management want to give all the scrubs and people that reek of desperation to stay relevant; a chance to at least try to win some gold? If the answer is yes…

(I smile with glee)

Then you'd be wrong because it appears that our collective message is falling on deaf ears time and time again… So we need to think bigger. We need to lead yet another schmuck or two to the slaughter and what better way to do it when they're being fed to us after a historic win on Pay Per View that will be remembered for months to come?! Kandis is going to get what she craves and has been denied one too many times… And I'm optimistic that after this match, members of the roster might not be as enthusiastic about challenging me as Crystal was and I'll be able to carve my own niche in SCW using the fallen bodies of the people that are too dumb to keep out of my cross-hairs… Then as a cherry on top, maybe Shaun will remember that he's been keeping his best team on the bench for so long and when… Not IF we beat the two chuckleheads that are being served up, The Connection get the opportunity to right the wrongs that the events of the Thunderdome caused. Your biggest chance of overcoming us was if we treat you like everyone else does. As something to be overlooked, to be dismissed… But unfortunately, we're coming at you like we would come at any of the teams that have held the twins before you.

With extreme prejudice.

(I scoff before shaking my head)

The Happy Farmstead Friends are going to be walking into our abattoir on Breakdown… A place where so many people have visited before you, and many others will after… A place where the Connection kill your dreams of staying in that limelight you've probably inadvertently put yourselves in. Yes… The world think the two of you are a joke, but when that bell rings… You'll find out that this is no laughing matter as Kandis and I do what we do best…

Dominate.

"Love Us Or Hate Us, We Don't Care… We Never Aimed To Please You" - 'Leader Of The Rats' by Arch Enemy