Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Glory Braddock vs. Ace Marshall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, April 7, 2022 (The show will still “take place” on Thursday. I’m just giving plenty of time to rp)
1 of 2
======

==========
March 26th, 2022
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Glory Braddock had hoped to enter Retribution as the SCW World Champion, defending in the double jeopardy match. As fate would have it, she could not defeat Selena Frost one on one to claim the championship. Instead, The British Bombshell would have to settle for getting the chance to teach an overeager, nuisance of a super-fan a lesson in the harsh realities of professional wrestling. Glory Braddock wanted to use Retribution as her opportunity to put a hurting on Amelia Stone, the young newcomer who had attached herself at the hip to The British Bombshell in recent weeks. If she couldn’t be the SCW World Champion, then beating some sense into Amelia would be a satisfying consolation prize. And the match itself was a technical masterpiece. Much to Braddock’s surprise, Amelia did manage to match her hold for hold and counter for counter. But the tide turned when Glory got into her rhythm. She dropped Stone on her head with multiple German suplexes. Braddock looked to put her away with the Shekhinah Glory, force a tap out or make her pass out to the pain.

Unfortunately The British Bombshell lost via disqualification when she refused to let go of the Shekhinah Glory after Stone reached the ropes. At least, that’s how it appeared to the official. In reality, Amelia had pulled a fast one on the official and Glory Braddock herself. Amelia had made it so that Braddock could not let go. It was a con job of the highest order. Braddock lost because, quite frankly, Amelia had used a dirty trick. And to say that Glory has not taken this defeat very well would be a major understatement. In fact, Braddock has been fuming over the events of Retribution ever since she returned to her home in Miami, Florida. And her family has had to deal with the consequences of an enraged British Bombshell.

She has been distant, cold, and on a rare occasion prone to an outburst or two for the smallest of things. Those living with her, namely her husband Kurt, their daughter Dawn, and Glory’s student Fiona, all understand that the loss to Amelia at Retribution is at the heart of this rage. They understand that Glory is not really angry with them, she is just taking her anger out on them. Thus, they have been trying to distance themselves from her as much as they can. This is why Braddock currently finds herself alone in the kitchen, seated on a bar stool at the island in the center of the room. She is dressed in a pink front lace trim night dress with a bow. The hemline stops at her knee. Braddock has a glass of wine in front of her that she is sipping on.

Braddock has gotten used to being alone in the week following Retribution. Tonight’s scene of The British Bombshell being alone in the kitchen drinking wine is becoming a ritual; all because she is still fuming over the events involving Retribution. She is determined to make Amelia pay. She is determined to make sure that Amelia learns her lesson, one way or another. In fact, she is so intensely focused on the past that she doesn’t even notice her husband, Kurt Logan, entering the kitchen. Kurt is wearing red boxer shorts and a white t-shirt. He folds his arms over his chest and stares at his wife, quietly observing her continue to stew and fume in anger. He remains there staring for a few seconds until finally Glory speaks up…

“I know I’m gorgeous but, damn, are you just going to keep staring, love? If so I’d suggest you take a picture. It does last longer.”

“So they say.” Kurt says with a low chuckle. Braddock turns around in her bar stool to face him. She rolls her eyes.

“How long have you been there?”

“Not long. I finished putting Dawn to sleep. I checked on Fiona as well.”

“Good.” Braddock waves him away. “Then you can go to bed too. I’ll be up there…whenever…”

Kurt sighs and shakes his head. “Nah, I don’t think so.”

“Go on, mate. I’ll be fine.”

“I think I need to check on you too.” Kurt approaches the island. He pulls up a stool and sits next to his wife. He pulls up an empty glass and takes some of Glory’s wine and pours him some into the glass. Braddock silently protests but doesn’t fight back.

“I will be fine, Kurt. Now go to bed.”

“I’m not going to bed until I’m convinced you’re fine.”

“I’m fine, god damn you!”

Kurt shakes his head with a sense of disappointment on his face. “See? This is why I don’t think you’re fine. Outbursts like that just isn’t like you.”

“It is when I’m annoyed and you, Kurt, are annoying me right now. So just go on to bed. Like I said, I will be there eventually.”

“When? After you’ve finished that whole bottle of wine?”

Braddock shrugs her shoulders. “Maybe.” Glory bypasses her glass, instead she takes the entire bottle of wine and attempts to drink it straight out of the bottle. But Kurt pulls it away and puts the bottle out of his wife’s reach. Glory pouts but Kurt remains firm.

“Let’s be honest with ourselves, Glory. You are annoyed but not by me, and not by Fiona or Dawn, who you have also taken out your frustrations on in the past few days. In fact, you’ve been raging ever since Retribution.”

Glory wishes that she had that bottle of wine right about now, because Kurt just touched on a sore spot with her. She settles for the glass of wine she still has and takes a sip. Braddock sets the glass down and then points a finger at Kurt. “That tart has been a nuisance ever since she set foot in SCW. She has been trying to insert herself into every part of my life, she has tried to involve herself in my matches, and she just won’t shut up. That tart…”

“Amelia.”

“Huh?”

“That tart…as you call her…she has a name. It’s Amelia.”

Braddock sighs and nods her head. “Fine. Amelia needs to learn a lesson. Retribution was meant to be that lesson.”

“So that was your grand plan? You were going to beat her up.”

“Pretty much. That’s what happens when you want to learn to be a wrestler. Your teacher takes you to school, gives you a good beating, and you learn from it. Amelia would have been just fine had she just fought me fair and square and taken the beating. But she had to go pull that crazy ass stunt. And now…” Glory is again interrupted by Kurt.

“...now what? Now that Amelia outsmarted you what happens? Are you going to beat her up again?”

“Probably.”

“And you think that will work? Damn it, Glory, you were dropping her on her head and neck left and right with so many German suplexes. It was painful to watch. You could have broken her neck and left her paralyzed. But did you care?”

Braddock sighs and shakes her head. “That wasn’t my plan and you know it.”

“It may not have been your plan but it sure as hell looked like you were attempting to break her neck. Beating people up isn’t the only way to teach someone a lesson, Glory.”

“In this case it works.”

“Says who? Your father?”

“As a matter of fact, yes.” Braddock smirks as she takes another sip of her wine. “Dear old dad would mete out some punishment to unruly students from time to time when he was alive.”

“I bet he beat up your old friend Matthew a lot didn’t he?”

The tension seems to lighten a little as Glory thinks back to her time training with her father. A brief period of that time was with Matthew Taylor, her childhood best friend. Unfortunately Matthew’s personality did not mesh well with the personality of Glory’s father. Matthew eventually quit the school and finished his training somewhere else.

“Yeah, dad beat the crap out of Matty quite a bit. He would get on dad’s nerves, especially whenever Matty made snide remarks about my dad’s preference towards technical and submission wrestling being boring. Anytime dad heard Matty call him boring, dad would beat him up.”

“See, I have always found that strange. I remember your dad, we became close before he died. And from what I’ve heard from you and from him, Glenn Braddock was idolized over in Europe, but especially in the British isles. He was a hero, right?”

“That he was.” Glory confirms with a nod of her head.

“Then what about Matt? Was he one of the few who thought the Great British Hero Glenn Braddock was boring?”

Glory shakes her head. “No, not exactly. Matt at one time worshiped my father just like everyone else. But…”

“He stopped worshiping him after he got to know your father? And he no longer liked him after the first few beatings he took from your father, am I right?”

“I see where this is going…” Glory says with a sigh of frustration. She wants to counter but Kurt won’t let her. This argument is becoming like a game of chess, or a wrestling match even, and Kurt isn’t letting up.

“You’re upset with her, I get that. But you have to understand that Amelia idolizes you. She looks up to you, just like your friend Matthew once idolized and looked up to your father. Amelia just wants to be near her hero. She just wants to do what her hero would do.”

“I would never do what she did.” Braddock insists, shaking her head. “She cheated, Kurt. She deceived the official and she cheated me out of a win. That’s what she did and that’s something I would never do.”

“You sure about that?” Kurt says with a snarky grin on his face, almost as if to dare Glory to question him. The British Bombshell, in typical fashion, takes her husband’s bait. She shakes her head defiantly.

“I would never stoop to those lows.”

“You’re right…you’ve done worse.” Kurt states. Glory wants to speak out in protest but Kurt speaks over her. “Remember Angela Jameson? You two were quite the bitter rivals during your rookie year. So much so that you used knowledge of her peanut allergy to your advantage, using peanuts of all things in the middle of a match to disrupt her senses and allow you to win.”

“She deserved it…”

“She wasn’t exactly a fan favorite, I will grant you that. And because the fans didn’t like her at the time, you were celebrated for your actions. But were your actions fair? Were they just? And that was your rookie year, just like Amelia is in her rookie year with SCW.”

“That was 2008, Kurt.”

You’re right,” Kurt grins knowingly “but what about just last year when you tricked a crooked and corrupt referee into eating some of your infamous laxative laced muffins in order to teach him a lesson?”

“Again, that stupid referee had it coming.”

“But was it justified?”

Braddock is frustrated with Kurt’s line of reasoning and it is evident by her harsh tone of voice. “Kurt, I get your point, but you don’t get mine. I have grown since then. I am not the same person. If Amelia truly wants to model herself after me, then she should quit acting so bloody childish. But take Fiona, for instance. Now she also admires me but do you see her acting the way Amelia does? Fiona is respectful, patient, and she obeys the rules.”

“I warned you about playing favorites between those two.” Kurt points out sternly.

“And I don’t give a damn!” Glory shouts angrily. “The fact is that Fiona is a far superior student!”

“Says you. To me they seem even, in fact I’d say Amelia has the slight edge over Fiona because at least she has legitimate in ring experience now. You have yet to turn Fiona loose. You just prefer Fiona because she doesn’t annoy you. But let me ask you this, babe…why did you take Fiona under your wing anyway? You let people Amelia find their own way and you admitted that was a mistake. But Fiona you are not going to make that mistake. You are mentoring her. Why?”

“What does any of this have to do with that annoying tart Amelia Stone?”

“Just answer the question.”

Braddock sighs out of frustration. “Fine. I want to guide her in this business, I want to teach her everything I know.”

“And…?”

“And what? There’s nothing else.”

“There’s more, because you told me. You told me, your cousin, your sister, all of us about it. You hope that by taking someone like Fiona…a young wrestler in training, someone with passion for this business…and working with her, that you can rediscover the old Glory Braddock. You looked in the mirror months ago and you hated the person you had turned into. You wanted to find that old persona.”

Glory shrugs her shoulders. “You’re right. And you know what? I think I’ve made great success. Fiona is learning so much so quickly. And being backstage at SCW, MWE, and anywhere else that’s willing to let me wrestle even if it is just a one-off event, just being there to witness everything that goes on backstage gives Fiona so much knowledge and experience that is valuable and will help her in her career.” Glory takes her glass of wine and finishes the last bit of the drink in her glass. She grins broadly with a look of victory, a sense of pride in her own success. “Yeah, I think I’ve done a good job.”

“Well you’re half-right.” Kurt says with a soft chuckle. “I mean, you’re right about Fiona. She has made a ton of progress and she is learning a lot. But as for you…” Kurt sighs with a sense of disappointment “...you haven’t exactly made much progress on your own personal goal.”

“What do you mean?!”

“You claimed that you had changed and that you didn’t like the person you had become. You wanted this experience with Fiona to help you rediscover that old Glory Braddock. And for awhile it appeared as if you were making progress, but ever since this deal with Selena Frost, the world title, and Amelia, you’ve been regressing. Now looking at you, seeing how you have acted since Retribution, it seems as if you haven’t changed one bit.”

“What? Just because I’m angry, because I’m pissed and want to teach that tart a lesson, you think I’m some kind of monster now? You’re out of line, Kurt. You…”

“Shut up, Glory.” Kurt says sternly. “Just shut up for a moment and let me finish.”

Glory is taken aback by this outburst from her husband. Kurt is rarely this angry with her. In fact, the last time he ever got this angry with her was when he learned she had cheated on him. They managed to work that one out. Now Kurt again has told her to keep quiet and Braddock does as she is told.

“I was still actively competing when you debuted in 2008. I remember what you were like then. You were fun loving, energetic, full of life. Sure, you had a passion for wrestling just like your father, but you were more balanced by a desire to have fun and enjoy yourself. The Glory Braddock I started dating had the greatest sense of humor I had ever seen. She was a laugh riot, a real comedian, and a prankster. But then you did something that rarely happens to a wrestler, you won a world championship during your rookie year. Sometimes I think that was actually the worst thing that could have happened to you, because ever since that moment you began to change. In order to maintain your top spot, and get there again, you threw yourself into training and put yourself ever so closer to your father. Then six years into your career you began to be mentored by Aphrodite Noel.”

“I don’t want to talk about her, love. I know how you feel about her but…”

“I know you care about her. You love her so much that you have become fiercely loyal to her. And sure, she did teach you many things about how to survive the corporate and political side of professional wrestling, something your father never taught you. And all that’s good, but between her and your father, they nearly got rid of the one aspect of your personality that set you apart from everyone else, the one thing that kept you balanced…your sense of humor.” Kurt reaches out and brushes his hand through his wife’s long blonde hair. “I miss that sense of humor. I miss the fun loving Glory Braddock that I dated.”

“I’m still fun loving.” Glory insists. “I go to karaoke whenever I can.”

“Yeah, but that’s about it. And you don’t even go very often. You find excuses not to go and those excuses usually revolve around training for some wrestling match. Don’t you see? You have become super-serious regarding everything and anything that has to do with wrestling. You didn’t used to be that way.”

“Wrestling should be respected, Kurt. You know I believe that.” Glory says that but is not as confident in her words as she used to be; she seems to think that her husband may have a point.

“You can respect and honor professional wrestling while at the same time having fun and enjoying yourself. You used to believe that, too. That’s the Glory Braddock you are trying to rediscover. And you were close to finding her until Retribution. Amelia humiliated you and you snapped. Like I said, you regressed all the way back to that super serious wrestler like your father. And like your father you are hell bent on teaching her a lesson. You want to beat Amelia up until she learns to respect wrestling the way you do. But what you fail to see is that Amelia is just like you were once upon a time. She has that fun loving innocence you once had.”

Braddock chuckles lightly. “I’ll grant you the fun loving part, but I was nowhere near as talkative.”

“Fair enough. But the point is she still has what you once had. But if you go through with your plans, you very well could beat that innocence out of her. She could become just another dime a dozen wrestler in the industry today. Or worse still, you could kill her love of wrestling and run her out of the business for good.”

Glory rolls her eyes. As much as she hates to admit it, Kurt has a point. To hear him say it, Amelia does seem to have some of the same personality traits that Glory once had. But The British Bombshell lost them over time. She had changed. Glory thought that she had changed for the better and her fifteen world championships would under normal circumstances prove her right. But at what cost?

“So what should I do about Amelia?”

“Look, you want to rediscover your old self. Maybe mentoring Fiona isn’t the only way you can go about achieving that? Maybe if you mentor Amelia, maybe if you stick with her, some of her will rub off on you. And that fun loving Glory Braddock can come back. That fun loving Glory Braddock with a sense of humor, that’s what this world needs right about now.”

“Maybe…but can I really force myself to mentor Amelia? I mean she’s so annoying and…”

“People said that about you during your rookie year too, babe.” Kurt says winking. Glory laughs out loud. She nods her head.

“Yeah...I was annoying back in 2008 wasn’t I?”

“Just like Amelia can be a little annoying today. She truly does idolize you, Glory. And what you do with her right now could determine her future. All I’m asking is to keep an open mind about Amelia. Give the girl a chance. Maybe she could actually teach you a thing or two?”

“But Retribution…”

“Don’t go all self-righteous on me now, Glory.” Kurt says with a wink. “You would have done the same thing once upon a time. Admit it.”

“This Glory Braddock is annoyed by it and wants to punch her in the mouth.” A slow grin forms on her face. “But the old Glory Braddock thinks what Amelia did was funny as hell.” Glory nods her head. “Fine…I’ll do it. For you, Kurt, I’ll try.” She leans in and kisses him on the lips. “I’m sorry for putting all of you through grief these past several days.”
2 of 2
=====

==========
April 1st, 2022
Sacramento, California
Off Camera
==========

Glory Braddock had a few days to think about what she would do about the Amelia Stone situation. Up until Retribution Braddock had wanted to teach her a lesson, the hard way, by beating her up in the center of the ring. Then when Stone had managed to outwit Glory at Retribution, it only further enraged her. But in the weeks since the SCW Retribution event, The British Bombshell has had plenty of time to ponder, to think about her next course of action. This thinking has led her to second guess her original plan; is a beating really what young Amelia Stone needs? Should Glory Braddock really just beat her up and call it a day? Braddock’s own husband, Kurt Logan, doesn’t seem to think so. In fact, Kurt seems to think that Braddock should take Amelia under her wing and mentor her, just like Glory is currently mentoring another young student named Fiona Osbourne. But Fiona’s situation is very different than the one Amelia finds herself in.

Fiona’s situation is complicated to say the least. Young Osbourne found herself first as a model at the modeling agency run by Glory Braddock’s cousin, Kayla Jones. As it turns out, modeling wasn’t her true desire in life, that Fiona was living with an abusive foster father who was exploiting her good looks for his own profits. In actuality, Fiona was a big fan of Glory Braddock and wanted to be a professional wrestler. When Kayla learned of this, it was a simple task of convincing Glory to take Fiona under her wing, to mentor her, and to guide her in the art of professional wrestling. By the time Glory found out about and met Fiona, the young woman was finally of age where she could legally abandon the care of her foster father. Now Glory is letting Fiona travel the road with her and learn from her. Glory hopes to get something out of this situation as well. She hopes that she can rediscover her old persona, she hopes to find in Fiona a reminder of why she started wrestling in the first place. But Glory’s husband Kurt seems to think that Amelia Stone can also help her rediscover something. He believes Amelia can help Glory rediscover the Glory Braddock that enjoyed herself, the Glory Braddock that knew what it meant to have fun. She doubted him at first but over these past few days she has begun to warm to the idea. And based on the events of Breakdown from Sacramento, California, it would appear as if perhaps The British Bombshell is ready to give Amelia a chance.

The British Bombshell is walking the backstage area of the Sleep Train Arena shortly after Breakdown has concluded. Braddock is dressed in denim jeans, tennis shoes, a royal purple crop top, and a black leather jacket. Her long blonde hair flows freely and cascades to past the shoulders. She has her gym bag in hand and walking side by side with her is young Fiona Osbourne, the young learner whom she has already taken under her mentorship. Fiona is dressed in a knee length orange skirt, sandals, and a plain white top. Fiona is already asking the question that is on the minds of many right now…

“So, Glory, I watched Breakdown tonight…”

“Good. Always pay attention to what happens. Good and bad, indifferent, pay close attention to all of it and learn from it.”

“Right, and, um…I’m not sure what I learned but I do have a question.”

“Is it about any particular match?”

“No…” Fiona shakes her head “...well, maybe. Uh, I was actually talking about Amelia.”

“Ah, I see.” Braddock nods her head.

“Yeah, I saw what you did. Does that mean you’re going to help her too like you’re helping me?”

“You’re not afraid to ask the tough questions, are you mate? That’s what I like about you.” Glory laughs softly. “I admit, I am warming up to the idea of working with Amelia. So yes, she may end up hanging around us more often. Would that be a problem?”

“Oh no.” Fiona says, shaking her head. “In fact, I was kinda worried you were going to hurt her.”

“I almost did, but that was my father’s approach. And sometimes my father’s approach was the appropriate one. But I needed to be reminded that different situations call for different solutions. There is no one size fits all solution for everything and everyone. Does Amelia need help? Does she need someone or something to keep her grounded in reality? Of course. But perhaps beating her up isn’t the right way to do that.”

Glory and her young protege stop walking. She places a hand on Fiona’s shoulder. “That’s another good lesson, not just about wrestling but about life. Sometimes you have to reevaluate the situation and change your approach. If you’re ever in a match and a certain strategy isn’t working, change your strategy. If you’re too prideful to ever admit that you were wrong, then you will always fail.”

Fiona nods her head. She and Glory turn to start walking forward again but Fiona stops suddenly. Glory notices that Fiona isn’t with her and stops and goes back to find her staring intensely in another direction. Her face is pale, like a sheet. Braddock snaps her fingers at Fiona. “Hellllllloooo? Earth to Fiona? What’s wrong, mate?” Fiona doesn’t say a word. Instead she just points with her index finger straight ahead. Braddock looks in that direction and she spots a man wearing jean shorts, sneakers, and a wife beater. He is glaring daggers of hatred ahead at the two of them. Braddock shrugs it off at first.

“It’s probably just a strange fan, Fiona. Nothing to worry about.”

“No…” Fiona’s voice trails off. She struggles to regain her voice as she gulps. “...that’s Todd. That’s my foster father.”

“Oh, so that’s the fine upstanding citizen you keep talking about.” Glory says with sarcasm dripping from her voice. She steps in front of Fiona. “Stay behind me, love.”

“He wants to take me back…”

“You’re not going anywhere.”

Fiona is obviously frightened as she shivers in fear behind Glory, who remains firm and steadfast, ready to defend her if necessary. The man known as Todd Osbourne, Fiona’s foster father, begins to stomp his way over to the two women. He attempts to side step Glory to get at Fiona but Glory keeps blocking his path. Three times he tries to get around Braddock but each time she won’t let him. Todd lets out a low menacing growl and then directs his rage at Braddock.

“I have no fucking clue who the hell you are, but that is my daughter and she is coming with me!”

“You certainly sound like a father of the year candidate, mate, but I’m afraid Fiona and I are joined at the hip, quite literally right about now.” Glory smirks knowingly. “So how about no?”

“You think you’re so funny don’t ya, bitch?”

“You’re quite the flatterer too. You didn’t tell me this bastard was so damn charming, Fiona?” Glory chuckles. “But yes, I do think I am funny. You know what else I can do other than be a laugh riot? I can also tell…” she pauses and waves her hand in front of her nose, scrunching and contorting her face as if she just smelled something rotten “...I can also tell that you have had way too much to drink before coming here! Heineken?”

“How’d you know…” Todd starts to say but then stops and shakes his head. “It doesn’t matter! Fiona is coming with me! She is my daughter!”

“Wrong, smarty pants. Technically you are her foster father. And Fiona is 20 years old. Am I right love?” Fiona quietly nods her head. Braddock grins. “Right. She has no legal guardian requirement. In other words, you’re out of a job Hulk. Why don’t you become Bruce Banner again and crawl back under whatever you crawled out of?”

Todd roughly shoves Braddock. “I’m done with your bullshit!” He reaches over to snatch Fiona but Glory gets in between them. He grabs Glory instead and glares down at her. “I told you that I am finished with you!”

“Let go of me and walk away, mate. This is your last warning.”

As expected, Todd does not heed the warning. Instead he throws a punch but seeing as Glory is a trained wrestler and add to that the fact that Todd is inebriated, Glory is easily able to dodge out of the way and as a result Todd goes flying and ends up falling face first on the concrete floor. He tries to push himself up and he stares hatred at Glory, who just smirks back at him. “Great job, Tough Guy. You really showed me.”

Fiona begins laughing, just a small, soft laugh but a laugh nevertheless. Glory hears it and begins to laugh herself. Todd also hears it and it only further enrages him. “Do not laugh!” He pushes himself the rest of the way and then charges. Again Braddock easily sidesteps him and then she sticks out her foot, Todd trips over her foot and lands face first in a nearby can of of yellow paint. Glory and Fiona are now laughing up a storm as Todd pushes himself up. He turns and stares angrily at the two women.

“You think this is funny?! Look at me?!”

“You’re right.” Glory reaches down, picks up the can of yellow paint, and throws the rest of it at Todd. “Now! The rest of you matches your yellow face!”

Fiona can no longer control her laughter. She can barely catch a breath because of her laughter. Braddock just stands there grinning from ear to ear. Todd is still fuming mad over this embarrassment. “You’ll be sorry for this!” He points at Fiona. “She is MINE! And I will sue your ass and get back what is mine!” With that said, Todd begins to storm away. Once he is gone Glory starts to laugh, enjoying what she has just did.

“I love them like that…”

“Like what?” Fiona asks in between laughs.

“Stupid.”

The two share another round of laughs. Fiona embraces Glory in a tight hug. “Thanks, Glory.”

“No problem, love.”

“But I gotta admit, I half-expected you to…well…”

“Fight him?”

“Yeah, I didn’t know you were capable of that.”

“I used to be. I haven’t done anything quite like that since I was closer to your age.” She shrugs her shoulders “I suppose I just lost that part of me? I lost that ability to prank people, to mock them, to be funny.”

“I dunno.” Fiona smiles warmly. “It looks like you were pretty funny to me.”

“Maybe. Still, a part of me says I handled that wrong. And yet another part of me feels at peace, as if I am finally doing what I was born to do, what I should have been doing all along.”

Fiona takes Glory’s hand. “You’ve given me great advice, Glory. But do you want some advice from me for a change?”

“Sure.” Glory says, smiling.

“If it feels right, then just go with it. It probably IS right.”

==========
April 6th, 2022
New Orleans, LA
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll. We find Glory Braddock seated in a studio, on a stool, in front of a wall that has an SCW Breakdown poster plastered across it. The British Bombshell is wearing black workout shorts, white tennis shoes, and a royal purple t-shirt. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail in the back. A half-smile is etched across her face as she stares at the camera.

“Here are in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Big Easy!” Braddock chuckles. “Nothing is easy about Breakdown, especially when your opponent is a man like Ace Marshall, a man who you really never know what to expect from…he may come riding out with a tiger, dancing lizard women…he sure as hell had some fun Trios Contract Cash Ins…who can forget the Adrenaline Title on the line in the End of the Year Battle Royal? GiGi sure as hell won’t. And I know myself and David Helms won’t forget the fun we had during during the Trios Tournament.” Braddock laughs and then shakes her head.

“I remember back then I was quite the stick in the mud. I didn’t know how to have any fun. I also remember how you used the Trios Contract that year. You put the SCW World Title on the line in that great big ass gauntlet match. It was my one and so far only SCW World Title reign. And finally, I remember the last thing you said to me, what you said shortly after that Trios Cash In. You said you were happy to be the one to finally validate my SCW career.” Braddock shrugs her shoulders. “Well I don’t know about that, mate. Even without that World Championship win I still had a damn good run as Adrenaline Champion and I was a two time back to back Trios Tournament winner. I’d like to think that even without my short lived SCW World Title reign that I have had a good run in this great company. But sure, why not, let’s humor you for a moment and let’s just assume you did validate my entire SCW tenure.” Glory points a finger at the camera.

“Right here in New Orleans for Breakdown, I am going to return the favor. See, I couldn’t help but notice how you seem to want to get championship gold of your own now. Ol’ Ace didn’t used to care that much for gold, but now you want it? That’s fine. And you’re going to go through Syren to get that title opportunity? Well that sounds logical enough. I mean, it does seem like Syren is the proverbial revolving door when it comes to title shots. Fight Syren, beat her, get a title shot, repeat. Everyone gets a turn at Syren, literally and figuratively!” Glory again laughs. “I mean, that’s what I did to get my most recent shot at the SCW World Title. I beat Syren at Body, Heart, and Soul. Now you want to follow in my footsteps. I’m honored, Ace, I really am. And I’m actually cheering for you, mate. It would please me to no end to see Syren drop from being main event talent to jobber to the stars. But you’re a smart man. You’re not going to rely on just Syren to earn the title match you want so badly.”

Braddock pats herself on the chest. “You also want to rely on me. Is that part of what brought us together, Ace? It isn’t just our history, the fact that we have been partners and now opponents. You know I am a main event star in this company. You know my credentials and that beating me gives your claim to a title match credibility.” The British Bombshell shakes her head.

“Well it isn’t going to happen that way, mate. I’m not going to be someone’s gateway to greatness, I am not going to be a stepping stone for your bigger and better plans. But more than that, as focused as you are on claiming gold, that focus and obsession may very well backfire on you. In fact, I’m counting on it.” Glory nods her head. “Trust me, I know. I’ve been there, I’ve been that person. And that’s the only Glory Braddock you know. Whether you believe me or not, I am a completely different person now, Ace. If you prepare for what you know, you will get burned.”

Glory winks at the camera. “But hey! I am giving you the chance to validate your claim to a title opportunity. You get the chance to beat The British Bombshell. Thing is, it won’t be easy. Hell, it won’t be easy for either us. I know how unpredictable you can be but do you realize how unpredictable I can be? Now I won’t claim to be as unpredictable as you or even as unpredictable as my crazy cousin Kim Williams, but this new person, this new me, she is definitely unpredictable. Someone you cannot prepare for. So who the hell knows what is going to happen?” Braddock shrugs her shoulders.

“But what I DO know is that I am going to entertain the people, I am going to put on a show, and I am going to enjoy kicking your ass in New Orleans! See you soon, mate…” The camera fades to black.