Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Deanna Frost vs. Jenni Anderson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

Signed at Taking Hold of the Flame, Jenni Anderson has no more ways out. She paid someone to attack Deanna in their first match. At Taking Hold of the Flame, under the guise of integrity, she tried to weasel out of the second. Now, they will meet and third time has to be the charm. Either the Queenpin competes or we have a new TV Champion?

2 RP limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, June 16, 2022 (NOTE THE DEADLINE)
Project: Black Ice

”Family at Fireside”

The VanHohenheim Home
Maplewood, New Jersey
June 8th, 2022
10:34pm

The loudest thing that Deanna could hear was the crackling of the roaring fire as it burned within the manmade hearth of ground and metal, the metal framing containing it and keeping it from spreading. She recalled an odd conversation that explained the existence of the metal ‘guard’, as it were. Jonathan VanHohenheim had wanted a natural looking ‘fire-pit’, devoid of any metal but Alejandra had argued him out of that notion. ’If you want a fire roaring in our backyard next to my garden and the apple-tree, then we’re getting a guard’.

The memory of the story left Deanna’s head immediately as she saw a particularly bold flare of flame stretch up to the sky before being ‘pulled’ back down to its source, the firewood that filled the pit. She also spied the remains – charred and black – of the unfortunate marshmallow that had dared attempt to escape David’s stick as the boy had continuously tried to make smores. It was comforting, though, that should the burnt confectionary survive it’s ‘fiery ordeal’, there were squirrels and birds nearby that would make use of it – as Jonathan had pointed out to the boy hours ago. Lifting her head a little, Deanna could hear some of those animals, the nightlife of New Jersey (strange as that sounded), making their rounds as they, too, sought food and family: birds, crickets, she was sure she even heard the chitter of racoons.

“Are your rats as big as ours?” She asked aloud without thinking, turning her head to suddenly see the surprised expression of the other three: Alejandra, her mother-in-law, dressed in a dark green sweater that complimented her darker skin but contrasted her white and black hair, and gray track pants.

Jonathan, Alejandra’s husband and Deanna’s father-in-law, with a light-red t-shirt, black shorts and blue running shoes.

And Selena – in a light blue t-shirt and black jeans. The world champion’s hair was tied up in its braid, and she had been holding it strongly, twisting it like she used to when she was nervous. I guess she never broke out of that habit… Deanna thought for a moment. Just nothing to grab for the last year or so…

Seeing their expressions, the redhead bit her lower lip, feeling a little guilty for interrupting the conversation that had been taking place since the children had gone to bed inside the guest rooms of the VanHohenheim house. One of the benefits of her in-laws living only 45 minutes to an hour away (depending on New York traffic) from the Frost’s Manhattan home was that they could easily spend any day or night with them and still ensure that the children didn’t miss any school (they would just have to wake up a little earlier to accommodate the extra travel back into New York in the morning).

Again, she gave her head a shake to keep herself from being distracted again. “Sorry.” She muttered. “Didn’t mean to sound weird. I was trying to just break the really bad silence…” she explained lamely.

But that had, honestly, been her intention. The Frost family had visited the VanHohenheims (it was Deanna’s idea) simply to talk to them about the figurative bomb that had been dropped in the Frosts’ laps weeks ago. They had waited for the children to go to bed before confessing all the events that had occurred in Nome: Gavin Scythe becoming mayor, Ryan Scythe being arrested on charges if assault and battery, and Killjoy’s confession and revelation.

“It’s…” Alejandra sat back in her lawn chair (she and Jonathan each had one while Selena and Deanna sat at the lawn-decorative picnic table near them and the fire). “It just can’t be true.” The older woman sighed, shaking her head.

“That’s what I said.” Deanna replied.

“I agree.” Jonathan added, a bit more strongly. “I mean, I don’t remember that part of my life, but I would know if my own child was switched.”

For her part, Selena said nothing, merely resting her chin on her joined hands as she starred into the fire. It had been difficult for her to explain the story – Deanna had noticed. And while she had received a small level of ‘respite’ in this drama - defeating Giovanni Aries and effectively defeating the remaining ‘part’ of the Brand, thus securing her spot in the main-event at Rise to Greatness for a second time - the epicness of that moment had only given them a few days of joy before the weight of the world was seemingly back on Selena’s shoulders.

“Selena…” Deanna heard Alejandra call out, gaining the Snow Queen’s attention, the mother smiling at the platinum-blonde. “It’s not true, okay?” she tried. “Listen, hunny.” She further implored. “I held you in my arms the entire trip from Devon Island back to Nome. I never let you go until I had no choice. I spent over two decades with that memory burned into my brain – every feature on your face.” She pointed a little to Selena’s pale countenance. “It’s all there.”

It wasn’t much, but a ghost of a smile formed across Selena’s features, the light of the fire flickering across the smooth skin. “Thanks, mother.” She tried. The smile was gone a second or so later. “But what if it’s true?” her voice slowly came out again. “What if… I mean, everything Killjoy said made sense. Of course, Malcolm would do something like that – of course he would ‘play god’ – he did it for years.”

There would normally be something almost uncomfortable about speaking ill of the dead to all four family members, but in the case of the man that had done so much damage in all of their lives, it did feel far more warranted. “And what is ruining one more if he gets his ‘perfect heir’.”

“Except Killjoy thinks that you were that ‘perfect heir’.” Deanna replied. “Which is ludicrous because you’ve NEVER been on board with the Scythes except for-“

“Me falling in love with Adri- with Ryan.” Selena corrected herself. “Thank Odin that didn’t happen.” She breathed a sigh of relief. She could have easily suffered Talia’s fate in being married to that man – and the sooner that divorce was finalized, the sooner Selena could, maybe, help Gavin with his kind pursuit of the dark-haired woman – in time, of course. She wanted both of them to be happy and Gavin had proven what a far better man he was compared to his brother. Still, there would be some detractors if anything did happen, but if they had something that was worth it…

“It all sounds so ridiculous.” Deanna heard Jonathan remark. “But why don’t we just solve it once and for all?”

“How so?” Selena’s head raised and both she and Deanna regarded the older man.

“Well, I mean – maybe I’m not Donovan anymore.” He had a slight look of guilt towards his daughter and daughter-in-law, the absence of his memory strongly felt in this moment. “But I’m still him… biologically.” He gave a shrug. “A simple paternity test will tell us everything we need to know.”

“Very true, honey.” Alejandra reached out to take Jonathan’s arm, giving it a tight squeeze as she smiled at him. “Tomorrow! We can make it happen! We’ll go to a clinic or something and get started!”

“Easy, peasy!” Deanna remarked. “We can throw it all back in Killjoy’s smug face!”

“Unless he’s right.”

Again, like cold water to the fire, Selena’s words silenced everyone, the three people’s attention back on the Snow Queen.

“Selena…” Deanna tried, only to hear a small laugh come from the young woman.

“Yeah…that’s my name.” Selena remarked. “Except it might not be. I might not even be a Frost.” Deanna watched her wife worry her bottom lip with her teeth, the platinum-blonde’s expression altering through a myriad of emotions: Confusion, anger, sadness, despair, uncertainty. “And what if she was telling the truth… then who the hell am I? What is my name?” her eyes turned towards Alejandra and Jonathan, who were leaning forward in their chairs. “She…she might be your real daughter.”

Both parents’ eyes widened, yet they remained silent, which only prompted Selena to continue.

“All these years – living someone else’s life…” she whispered. “Do you have any idea what that’s like?”

“Yes.”

The answer came from only one voice as Jonathan pushed himself out of his chair sharply to make his way over to Selena. Immediately, Deanna shuffled off the bench to allow the older man to take her spot beside his daughter. A strong hand took Selena’s, the Snow Queen barely able to move her eyes from the ground.

“Having your identity stolen from you? Your name? Everything that makes you you?” Jonathan nodded his head. “I know exactly how that feels, Selena.” He gained Selena’s attention as the young woman gazed at him, her eyes a little moist.

“Father.”

“When I awoke in that hospital years ago – not knowing who I was? I was angry. I was mad at the world. How could this happen? What did I do that was so wrong to warrant this? Do I blame God? Do I blame whoever did this to me? Whoever it was that dumped me in New York? For so long, all I could do was wallow in my own misery, not knowing who I was, who my parents were-“ he gave Selena’s hand a strong squeeze. “Who my family was. I won’t lie, it almost drove me insane. I needed medication to help with that.”

Selena’s eyes widened. “You did?!”

“For awhile.” Jonathan nodded, his free hand stroking his trimmed beard. “It’s a dark road your mind will go with such questions and a mindset – so let me be a father and give you some advice.”

With a broad sweep, he gestured first to the house, more so to the occupants that were sleeping inside. “The only thing that got me through it was years later, after I had gotten a job, a house and was dating your mother.” He cast a quick glance to Alejandra before continuing. “I realized that, maybe I didn’t have the ‘beginning’ or ‘start’ that was taken from me, but if I couldn’t have an identity to lean on, I’d make my own. You get me?”

Despite herself, Selena bit her lower lip, her eyes cast down to the ground once more.

“You’ve got three wonderful children, Selena.” Jonathan added. “A life that belongs to YOU, regardless of your name. You’ve got a career that belongs to YOU – Killjoy can’t take that away without stealing it from you and only if you let her win.” His eyes lifted a little to see Deanna standing there, just a few feet away from the two. “And you’ve got something that I had to get you through all this.” A quiet smirk graced his features. “Someone that loves you for you and couldn’t care less about your name.”

Without thinking, Deanna took the few steps needed to reach Selena, kneeling down onto the soft grass to take the Snow Queen’s other hand, gaining the young woman’s attention, sapphire eyes meeting emerald eyes and neither one wavering.

“You could be ‘Fanny McSplooSploo’, and I’d be MRS. McSplooSploo.” Deanna stated with no hesitation, earning a snort/laugh mixture from Selena as the redhead brought the hand she held up to her lips to kiss the pale knuckles.

“Where did that name come from?” Selena tried to say, despite the teary laugh that came from her, unable to wipe at her eyes because both of her hands were being held. She suddenly felt another pair of warm arms wrap around her from behind – Deanna seeing Alejandra join the group as she held her daughter around Selena’s back and collar bone.

“You may think this will change everything.” She whispered gently to her daughter. “But you’ll still always be Selena – our daughter – to us.”
“And my wife to me.” Deanna added. “Cause…you know…it be weird if you were my daughter and all that-“
“I get it.” Selena shook her head at her wife lovingly, the glow of the fire dancing in her sapphire eyes.
“The question is…” Jonathan spoke again, his voice still firm. “Who do you want to be?”

The Snow Queen was silent for a moment, her eyes taking in the three people gathered around her. An answer was inevitable, and it came out without any hesitation or reservation.

“I want to be me.” She stated. “I want to be Selena Frost.”

Deanna knew that it was more than mere desire in that statement. It was a need. To her and the VanHohenheims, she would always be Selena. It was like Selena had said to Killjoy that night in Nome. Even if Killjoy was born ‘Selena Frost’, she had just been given it. It had been Selena – the Selena that sat before her - that had EARNED that name, surviving a hell that, from what Killjoy had told them, dwarfed Killjoy’s ‘sad life of exile’ with Rebecca Scythe. Killjoy had known love far more than Selena had and could even have had a life all her own, forging one like Jonathan had. But Killjoy had chosen bitterness and now was choosing to try and ‘steal’ the life Selena had built. Whether she felt entitled to it or not, Killjoy had done NOTHING to make a career in SCW, in finding love and braving coming out as a lesbian woman, in taking down the DeCarlos, the Scythes, and the Frost/Frostmere clan. It was like she had just waited for Selena to do all the work and then wanted to swoop it and reap the rewards.

It was beyond unfair and, for Deanna, it was achingly familiar to a certain blonde that had taken SCW – well, not by storm because that would have implied something respectable and worthwhile – but rather like a sickness.

Jenni Anderson.

Despite herself, Deanna was grateful that she was facing away from the fire, her face, at least, partially obscured by the night’s shadows so Selena wouldn’t see her wife’s jaw clench at the thought of that damned woman.

She hadn’t spoken about her match at Taking Hold of the Flame with Deanna, nor had she spoken to Selena about the ensuing conversation she had had with Shaun Cruze following it. First, she had failed to get her match with the “Queenpin” – which sounded like a damn bowling joke rather than a ‘lethal nickname’ with the way Jenni kept throwing SCW’s integrity into the damn gutter. Ooo, keep that in mind! That might be a good ‘promo line’! – Jenni choosing to, once again, use her wealth on that Mallory Groening girl. First, she had hired Mallory to attack Deanna last Breakdown, effectively giving Deanna a win but through disqualification, which wasn’t really a win at all for the redhead. And then, the cowardly blonde had acted again, this time getting Mallory to ‘take her place’ in the match! All because Deanna had refused to use her wife and the SCW world title – a title that wasn’t hers – as some sort of bargaining chip!

It was disgusting! Jenni had wanted Deanna to ‘use her marriage’ to get her a world title shot! The very idea made Deanna’s stomach churn. And then, for the woman that LOST to Deanna to get a TV title shot at her very next match? And the whole thing with Beard not tapping out?! And then Taking Hold of the Flame?!

Despite herself, Deanna’s mind seemed to slow everything around her, allowing her brain to process her thoughts much faster. Maybe it was talking about Killjoy’s Machiavellian tendencies that had prompted such thoughts. Why had Michael Constantine called for the bell when Beard clearly hadn’t tapped out? Had he made a mistake? Even so, why had he tried so hard to keep Deanna back last weekend, allowing Jenni to get in several cheap shots at the Pay-Per-View? And then, he had just ‘fallen over’ – apparently from being hit him in the head…but Jenni hadn’t hit him in the head or really anywhere, simply using his frame to reach over and hit Deanna – but as soon as he had fallen, Jenni had her opening to try some kind of assault- and he conveniently wasn’t looking when Mallory had tried to attack Deanna again-

Was…was it possible…

Deanna didn’t want to dwell on these thoughts, it was a dangerous downhill, but hearing how Killjoy had used her ‘deadline’ to manipulate Selena in the hopes of the Snow Queen ‘losing it all’ at Taking Hold of the Flame against ‘GiGi’ – was it that far of a stretch? Why was it always Constantine dealing with Jenni’s matches? Was there a reason behind it? Was the reason what Deanna was thinking of right now?

What if, like Killjoy, Jenni had a farther reach than most believed. What if Constantine… an SCW official… was in on it? After all, Jenni had tried to even bribe Shaun Cruze at THOTF just so she wouldn’t have to fight Deanna. And she had done it without any hesitation, as if she truly thought she could get away with it… She clearly wasn’t above ‘bribing anyone’ and she didn’t give a damn about integrity like Deanna, Selena and Shaun did.

Had she bought the services of Constantine to make her a champion? Had she bribed someone in management to give her the title shot and always keep Constantine as the official in her matches?

The more and more Deanna thought about it – the idea of this “Syndicate” Jenni had mentioned in her promo against Beard, the more she worried… but they were worries that she had to solve herself.

Seeing her wife here, like this, merely secured her decision on why she hadn’t said anything regarding last week’s PPV events. Selena had too much to worry about – her very identity was fair more important that Deanna’s grudge matches with the silver-spooned-brat. It was why, after giving Selena her ‘good-luck kiss’, Deanna had said nothing while Selena went out and retained her championship. Said nothing in the days that followed. Her only words regarding the whole affair was when Selena had apologetically asked her how her match had gone days after THOTF, unable to see it due to focusing on her world title match at the time. ”Oh, it was fine. Got the win”. had been Deanna’s response with a mere shrug – a response that she was ashamed of.

She had wanted to explain how much beating Jenni had meant to her. How she understood what Selena felt like, referring to the numerous times Selena had been screwed out of a match and, sometimes, more due to such tactics like Jenni had employed. But she hadn’t been able to. She hadn’t gotten her match – which was why she needed to win at Breakdown… win the match that Jenni couldn’t weasel out of…

Selena had enough on her mind. She could be told when things were better and the “Queenpin” was in Deanna’s rear-view mirror, beaten once more and now with nothing of power to hold onto. Yeah….Deanna was sure she could hold out till then-

“Can we talk about something else?” she heard Selena ask, the Snow Queen taking a deep breath from the emotional roller-coaster she had just been on. “Something pleasant?”

“Sure.” Alejandra smiled, giving Selena a kiss on the cheek. “Maybe it’s too early, but I brought some ice-cream cake to celebrate!”

“Gods, that is going to sit with me like a bag of bricks.” Selena smiled. “But what are we celebrating? Did something happen?“ her eyes flew from her father to her mother.

“No, nothing on our end.” Alejandro shrugged as she released Selena and moved towards the house. “But, at the risk of jinxing it, I think we need to celebrate you beating Ryan, heading to that big show of yours and Deanna’s upcoming title match!”

Yeah, Deanna could hold out till then… unless of course someone blurted the existence of said match out loud!

Immediately, as she bit her lower lip, Deanna felt sapphire eyes suddenly on her.

“Wait, what?” Selena asked, tilting her head. “Who has an upcoming ‘title’ match?”

“Yeah…so….” Deanna winced as she sucked in a little air through her teeth. “Remember when I told you that my match at the pay-per-view went fine?”

“And that you won?” Selena asked, an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah…” Deanna smiled, the guilt spread across her features (thank goodness for the night’s shadows). “So a funny thing happened that I neglected to mention…”
The Guard Tower

The camera opens up to the interior of the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas. More specifically, the camera swoops overhead of the site, showing the lights and grids of metal that illuminate the arena and will be performing a lightshow worthy of such a night of entertainment in professional wrestling for SCW’s episode of Breakdown: The first Breakdown episode on the iconic ‘Road to Rise to Greatness’! The décor proves such a statement as a large Rise To Greatness XIX sign hangs high above. 

It is that sign that is being watched by the, currently, closest person to it, as the camera backs away to reveal the catwalks that line near the grids, making various walkways of their own. Leaning on one of the rails, the back of the woman is seen as she gazes, almost in awe, at the large RTG sign. Her hair stands out in its red hue, and the lights around her allow the viewer to see her wrestling attire of black pants long-sleeve shirt. Red, orange and brown leaves wrap around her right leg, decorating the attire all the way to the back and front of her black wrestling top. There is a purple sash wrapped around her waist that hangs down near the opposite leg. A slow, quiet exhale is heard as Deanna Frost turns her head, fixing her gaze to the ring several feet below.

The Road to Rise to Greatness… the first show… she whispers, her hands clasped together as she leans on her forearms on the rail. The first step towards the biggest show of the year… and it’s my first chance at becoming an SCW Champion…

It’s almost surreal.

She gives a shake of her head, gazing out to the massive empty arena below her.

I mean… I know that’s what everyone wants when they become a wrestler here, right? Win matches, win titles, get famous or something like that? I mean, part of the whole drama about this matchup was because my opponent was so obsessed with becoming a champion and then trying to weasel her way to becoming World Champion…

I remember when my wife, Selena, didn’t believe she was worthy of becoming world champion. She was adamant that she wasn’t good enough or strong enough or smart enough to not only beat the world champion, Alexis Quinne at the time, but more than that, she didn’t feel like she could handle the responsibility. I… I tried my best to convince her otherwise. To me, she was beyond amazing. You win two tournaments, two different title reigns in the Adrenaline division and beat the best in all of SCW, and then are CHOSEN by the SCW Universe and True Believers, how can you not think you’re ready?

But now… I sort of get it.

Because I didn’t come here to win titles. And that isn’t me disrespecting them or those that want them. But being a ‘singles’ champion? I never factored that into things as I began competing as a wrestler. What I wanted was to be with my wife and fight by her side. To make a difference – a REAL difference – here in SCW. Holding a singles title never entered into the equation for me and I didn’t mind that. 

But, suddenly, here I am, about to fight for one and… like Selena, I can’t help but wonder if I am ready. Not ‘ready’ as in able to win – at the risk of sounding arrogant, I do NOT have any concerns about beating the holy heck out of my opponent – but like my wife, I can’t help but wonder if I can handle it.

I mean, now that it’s here? Now that it’s actually possible? I am stunned. I’m excited. I’m nervous. I’m a slew of emotions – even a little sick in the tummy. Part of me can’t stop thinking about what it would be like to hold an SCW title while my wife holds the SCW World title – of getting pictures with her and me posing with our titles – something so cool like that. 

But again, I understand what my wife went through – because the second Shaun Cruze made the call to give me this match, all I could think about for the next few days was if I could handle being a champion. I mean, the pressure, the new standard, and… the expectations.

I mean, come on! You heard Jenni. All I’ve been up to this point has been ‘the world champion’s wife’. It didn’t matter that I was beating people like Dawn Lohan or Marie Jones or fighting main-event superstars like The Brand. I was still just Selena’s wife and I was okay with that, for the most part. But becoming a champion? Holding an SCW singles title and having my name chiseled into the history books – or is it written? I mean, they ‘etch’ the winners of the Stanley Cup INTO the cup but history books are books and they’re written, right?

Deanna exhales a long sigh, shaking her head to regain her focus. The point is – if I do this, if I win the title, I know everything will change. Suddenly, I’ll be part of that history, even if it’s just for a week – people will look at me and say “she’s a former champion!”. Suddenly, I won’t just be a target for being in love with Selena but because I’ve been something… something special. Something that maybe not everyone can do here.

And it’s scary.

It’s so much pressure – and yet, I’m not scared about having that pressure. I want it. I… I want to have it. I want to try. I want to take on that responsibility. And if it weren’t for Shaun Cruze and all that’s happened, maybe I would be too nervous to think straight and see it that way. Maybe all I’d see is the demands of the Television Title. What winning it will require of me. How things will change so much…

Biting her lower lip, Deanna turns her attention over to the camera.

But I guess I have you to thank for reducing that anxiety quite a bit, Jenni. See, while all those emotions are still there in me, they are being rather overpowered by the much stronger desire I have to kick your butt!

I mean… you realize this is all on you, right? You asked for this! You could have just come to the ring at Taking Hold of the Flame – scratch that! – you could have just given me the damn match we were supposed to have on that episode of Breakdown weeks ago! You had all the opportunity in the world to showcase what you were capable of! To show what you could do against someone that could wrestle, but you chose to pay off someone just so you didn’t have to look bad getting pinned or made to submit! And THEN-
she half-laughs, half-scoffs. When you were given ANOTHER chance to get in the ring and fight me, a match where you had NOTHING to lose other than some pride or ego, your new TV title wasn’t even on the line, you refused again! You refused to face me and sent that Mallory-girl after me again! You even tried to bribe Shaun just so you wouldn’t have to fight me.

Deanna shakes her head. Jenni, what the hell are you afraid of? I’m not my wife! I don’t have a near 200-day streak of momentum that no one can seem to stop. I don’t have a resume or list of defeated opponents that would make people shake in their wrestling boots like she has.

So what the hell is your problem? Why are you even here?!

Do you honestly think that that being an SCW wrestler is just showing up, flashing some cash and being handed your wins? That it requires no work or effort, just a large wallet and several hundred-dollar bills?

Briskly, Deanna shakes her head. No, you know what? It doesn’t even matter anymore. You had your chance to have some semblance of integrity and to take pride in being an SCW superstar and you blew it, okay? All you’ve done is insult what it means to be an SCW superstar! For someone like me that spent years training and learning to even reach an entrance-level at this point? It’s an insult what you do, Jenni, and I am done trying to understand it or you. I am done trying to rationalize it in my own mind just to give you the benefit of the doubt. 

I’m just done seeing you keep running from me and from being an SCW superstar and champion.

So, yeah, maybe I am nervous about the idea of possibly being a champion for the first time in my life, but honestly? I have no negative emotions in finally getting my hands on you. Finally beating you in that ring.
she gestures to the empty ring fair below her.

You know what that is called, Jenni? The fact that you tried to ambush me with a hired rookie and I’m still here? The fact that you tried to ‘sub-in’ and then cheap shot me and I’m still here? The fact that you have bought more people than I am willing to consider in SCW and I’m still here? The fact that, regardless of all your tricks and the ‘coincidence’ or ‘convenience’ you have of Michael Constantine always refereeing your matches, all the ‘opportunities’ you’ve been given and never really earned… I’m still here. You know what that’s called?

It's called grit, Jenni. It’s called heart. It’s called getting back up after you’re knocked down and still fighting with all you have! 

And maybe you’ve got everyone else trying to connect the dots with you – you talked about a Syndicate, right? Of something big in SCW that was going to guide you to greatness and your ‘rightful place’, right? But I’m not scared of that.

Because you think you’re this big, bad, scary woman of money and power – but I’m not scared, Jenni. No, if anything, you’ve proven just how scared you are of me. You’re scared of what I can do in this ring. How I can embarrass you. How I can make you, this supposed mastermind and ‘Queenpin’ look like a damn jester in the ring. You’re scared that not only can I beat you…
Emerald eyes narrow. But I can hurt you.

And the thing is, Queenpin? I do. I want to hurt you. Because I am in a more dangerous place than that Breakdown we fought or even when we were supposed to fight at the Flame. Now? I’m angry. Scratch that, I’m seething. Because I could have been fighting in Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royale, proving myself against the greats like Syren and Alexis Quinne and Josh Hudson and gods know who else. I put that aside to fight you. I put that opportunity aside to take you on and focus entirely on you! Because you and I? We needed to fight! But no! You left me high and dry and fought in the royale… for what? Ten seconds? THAT was more important that proving yourself against me?

Yeah, I’m a little bitter at that, Jenni. I’m also a little bitter at how you hold that Television title. How you got the shot after losing to me, how you managed to win it when Beard NEVER tapped out. I’m bitter that you seem to have a hundred different ways to screw people out of matches but not one way to EARN your title. EARN your win!

Cracking her knuckles, Deanna jerks her neck a little, popping the joints a little. So at the bottom of my emotional pile, Jenni, yeah, you’ve got my nervousness. On top of that, you’ve got my anger and bitterness and my desire to just beat you into the ground. And on top of all that? It’s your boss. It’s MY boss. It’s the guy in charge of SCW, Shaun Cruze, telling me to do what you don’t have the guts to do:

Bring INTEGRITY to the Television title!

A slow smile creeps across Deanna’s face. Imagine that. He doesn’t have to say that with a guy that blasts drunken slurs on television like Beard, but with you? He feels that title needs the same treatment that my wife is giving the world title and you know what? I agree!

That title you hold needs someone like it had with Autumn Valentine. A woman that sees the worth in DEFENDING it with integrity. Taking on all challengers! Raising the bar with it over and over again until she can’t anymore! Of pushing the perceptions and limits of this title and allowing the letters “S-C-W” to actually mean something in this division! 

That woman, Jenni, clearly isn’t you. Because a champion doesn’t run from a challenge. A champion doesn’t hide from a challenger. A champion doesn’t make excuses or give payouts or bribes. A champion doesn’t need to be goaded into defending their title or wrestling in matches – they SEEK competition! They THRIVE on challenges! A champion of SCW is someone that has done something special. A special level of excellence, even if it’s only for one week or, hell, one day or even one minute. Someone that stands as a benchmark, a symbol, a standard.

Shaun Cruze asked me to bring that back to this division… and I never felt more honored by anyone that wasn’t my wife.
Deanna pauses for a moment. So, I am not going to let my fears take hold of me. I’m not going to run away because I’m nervous. Because I’m not you. I never will be you and I never want to be you.

I don’t want to be a woman like you.
I don’t want to be a champion like you.
I don’t want to be an SCW wrestler like you.

I want to make Shaun and my wife proud of me. I want to make SCW and the True Believers proud of me. I want them to, that’s right, ‘believe’ in this division’s champion again! I want them to see something wonderful with that title and this division!

Casting a glance towards the ring, Deanna returns her gaze back to the camera. Jenni, there’s no way out for you this time. You lose any which way but one. You try and run, you lose. You try and hide, you lose. You try and cheat? You lose. The only way you can win is by fighting me and beating me clean because there is no way I am giving up this match for ANY price!

Tonight, Jenni, I am not just going to beat you up. No. That could have been your fate the first time or even again at the Flame. No – at the Flame, I knocked you out cold with a knee and I shattered the ‘untouchable’ fascade you’ve placed around yourself – the mask of the ‘Queenpin’. I shattered that fascade by doing with others hadn’t done yet. Knock you out.

Tonight, I finish the job. Tonight, I will BURN DOWN and BURNOUT what is left of that fascade…
Deanna takes a step forward. I am going to destroy that fascade and I am going to embarrass you, Jenni. I am going to embarrass you like no one ever has in SCW – maybe in your entire life. I am going to take your title and I am going to beat you down so fast and so emphatically that it’ll make Selena’s beating of Samuel Davis a few weeks ago look like a five-star classic!

The bite is clear in her voice as Deanna glares into the camera. And then, I’m going to take your title and I’m going to show you how to REALLY be a damn SCW champion! I’m going to make you nothing more than a vague whisper of a memory in the long list of champions that have held that TV title. A footnote in its history – the answer to a trivia question: Who did Deanna Frost beat to win her first title in SCW?

Taking a deep breath, Deanna calms herself a little but her tone is still sharp. It’s inevitable now, Jenni. No one can help you. No one is going to save you this time. Tonight, you’re paying back what you owe me – what you owe the SCW Universe - with interest. Tonight, the Queen’s Guard comes to collect. Tonight, I hit the ground running on the first show on The Road to Rise to Greatness by becoming an SCW champion! Tonight… I end this on MY terms. And you? You go back to your money and your supposed ‘Syndicate’…

Because SCW doesn’t need a fake-champion like you. It deserves a HELL of a lot better!

Checkmate, bitch!

The camera fades on Deanna before going entirely to black.