Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Beard vs. Cid Turner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Adrenaline Championship

Beard defeated Samuel Davis while Cid Turner watched. After some disagreements in the Brand about efforts, Cid Turner stunned SCW officials by agreeing to put his Adrenaline Championship on the line against Beard. Rumours suggest he’s going to stand up for the Brand. But Beard has been looking to get back to his winning ways, trying to put some embarrassing moments behind him.

2 RP Limit for singles

No Word Limits

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, June 22, 2022
I've done a lot of stupid stuff in my life.

In fact, most of what I've done these last two years was all about setting my wrongs right. I aimed to answer all the "what-ifs" of my career, even if some of the answers hurt more than the mystery of never knowing.

What if I took things more seriously?

What if I didn't backstab every person I came across? 

What if I didn't throw a tantrum and threaten to quit every time I lost?

What if I hadn't lost almost ten years of my career?

Since Rise to Greatness two years ago, I've answered those questions, for better or for worse. What you've seen from me is what you would have gotten from me in all those last years. 

Was it worth it? Do you love me? Hate me? Do you mourn for those lost years or do you pray that time catches up to me once again? 

Either way, I don't mind. All I ask is that you acknowledge what I've done and what I'm capable of. Whether they agreed with my methods or not, I don't think anyone can deny that I've earned my place in the SCW Hall of Fame and that I deserve the accolades that litter my handful of active years in this business.

No matter what I've done in the past, my name will always stand out.

I want you to remember that, Beard.

I know we haven't had a chance to really talk about everything that happened at my wedding. Truth is, I think that everyone else has done enough talking for the both of us, huh? I mean, you can't show yourself on TV without someone hinting at it. This incident has probably ruled your life ever since it happened.

While I'd call you a friend, I won't say that I really know you all that well. For all I know, everything they're saying about you is true. 

You could very well have been hiding this dark secret from all of us and just happened to have a moment of truth slip out at my wedding. Maybe you deserve every bit of scrutiny aimed at you right now.

Or maybe you just made a mistake. You could just be a great guy who got caught up in the moment and let a life of gangster rap appreciation get you into trouble. Maybe these things they're making you do in response to the controversy are legitimate and you're just trying your damn best to make everyone see that you are the good guy that you've portrayed yourself as all along.

I think it’s the latter, but you know what? It doesn’t even matter. What matters is what you do moving forward—what you do now. I’m living proof of that.

So, what are you gonna do about it, Beard?

You’ve lost the Television Championship. You had a middling performance at Taking Hold of the Flame. Ever since that night at my wedding, things haven’t been going great for you.

But you know that. You know what you have to do. You said it yourself, you’re setting yourself on the right path. You’ve spent these last few weeks reflecting and you see now that you need to do what it takes to overcome this to become the star you’ve always dreamed of being.

You yearn for greater things. You wanna shine so bright that even this stupid shadow that cast itself over you these last few weeks fades away. You’ve got goals, kid. I’ve heard you state them. Among them, the Adrenaline Championship. Well, here you are, Beard. Here’s your chance.

And while we were going to meet eventually anyway, the rumors are true: I chose to put my Adrenaline Championship on the line against you. It’s because of everything I’ve been talking about. I know what it’s like, man. To have your wrongs linger around you, long after you’ve tried to turn them right. We’ve both done things that have sunk careers.

But we’re still here. You’re still here, getting a chance—a chance to prove that you’re worthy of those big wishes of yours, no matter how lowly people might view you right now.

You put up a hell of a fight against Samuel. People can say what they want about him, but I’ve seen it firsthand: the guy’s trying. More than he ever has, to be blunt. But still, we know better than anyone that sometimes a reputation is hard to shake. So, maybe people aren’t buying the words you speak. They hear you call out for titles, but all they see is you beating up on a guy down on his luck. 

If people wanna overlook Samuel, then that’s their problem, but if there’s someone they can’t overlook, it’s me. So, here’s the plan.

I want you to do everything in your power to beat me.

When that bell rings, I want you to show the world the side of you that they think doesn’t even exist. The side that’s through being an underdog. The side that can pick up that anchor dragging you down and just toss it back into the ocean. The side that’s capable of becoming only the third person outside of Selena Frost and Ravyn Taylor to pin Cid Goddamn Turner in two years. The side that’s worthy of being a champion.

If you wanna prove that you can do I can do—shut up the haters, silence the doubt, and bury your damn past—then beat me. Take this title that I’ve held for five untouchable months and go even further. Break the damn record. Defend this thing for over a damn year and make yourself the legend that you so desperately want to be.

I can’t do this forever, man. Hell, who knows, Beard? This could be my very last match. One botched move off the top rope and I could end up in a wheelchair. Someone has to take the mantle of adrenaline. Someone has to continue to prove that second chances can bring everything from our first chance and more. People like us need a symbol. A representative.

I’ll be that for as long as I can. But if anyone’s gonna take it from me, then I want them to earn it, because I want that responsibility to be left in capable hands.

Can you carry that weight, Beard? As much as you say you want it, do you really

These last two years haven’t been easy, nor have the last five months of me carrying this title. I just want you to know that—no, I need you to know that before we come face-to-face on Breakdown. Because if you hear me say that and still have the drive to come at me until I can no longer get up…well then, you might just be the one that deserves to carry my torch.

They'll never forget my name, Beard. Make it so they never forget yours either.