Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Deanna Frost vs. Adam Allocco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deanna Frost is the new TV Champion, but ironically, she won’t be defending her title. After Adam Allocco’s speech to end Breakdown, Deanna offered to face Adam. Selena told her to focus on her title reign, but Deanna, in a fit of stubbornness mentioned that she’d put the title on the line. Adam Allocco heard about Deanna’s challenge and accepted but refused to accept a title match, stating his focus is on Selena Frost and the World Title, but “he’d happily let Deanna clarify that he is at the top of his game.” These two will meet and the World Champion will be watching closely.

2 RP Limit for singles 

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Project: Black Ice

”A Moment Tainted: Not Everyone’s Hero”

American Airlines Center
Dallas, Texas
June 16, 2022
11:43pm

Selena had been gone for a solid twenty or so minutes. Deanna knew that because she had been constantly checking the clock that hung on the wall every two minutes and had now reached ‘13’ in her number of ‘checks’ as she sat in the small but cushioned chair in the hallway of the American Airlines Center, the episode of Breakdown having ended almost forty-five minutes ago. 

But what a show it had been!

The road to Rise to Greatness was in full swing and, in all truth, Deanna could not have asked for a better start. It was going to be, if she was lucky, her first ever time wrestling in the pay-per-view (she prayed management would give her a match). Hell, I’ll even defend the Television title if I still have it! It’s been done before…

Her thoughts tapered off again as the same thought came into her head for the umpteenth time, causing her emerald eyes to gaze down at the championship title she kept in her hands and on her lap, watching it bounce as her legs did on the balls of her feet, part anxious and part bored. Her favourite part of the title…she smiled a little in guilt of this, was the red leather. Whether it was ‘fate’ or ‘happenstance’, she wasn’t sure, but the red leather that held all the silver metal plates in place was the exact same shade as her hair. Funny how she had never noticed that without having the belt up close. 

Which was only possible because…

“I’m a champion.” Disbelief coursed through her. She had been so focused in her match with Jenni Anderson that she had barely given any real thought (beyond her promo) of what being the winner would mean. Yes, she had spoken about it, but it was one thing to talk about it and promise things (even if you meant them), but to have it actually happen? It was still so surreal.

She was a champion, just like her wife – just like Selena.

Again, her eyes flew up to the clock, taking in the short time that had elapsed since her last check. She was still in her wrestling attire. She had refused to shower or change until after Breakdown for two reasons:

First, she didn’t trust Adam Allocco. That wasn’t to say that she had any dislike or personal issues with the new Taking Hold of the Flame royale winner, per say, but… she released a small huff. It was just hard to explain…

Deanna had kept backstage in the final segment of Breakdown, when the new number one contender to the world title had demanded that Selena meet him in the ring. Not because Selena had told her too, but… but because it wasn’t her moment. It was Selena’s moment. It was Adam’s moment. It was the establishment of the main-event on the biggest pay-per-view in SCW’s year! The main-event of Rise to Greatness. Neither of them needed a third-wheel like her there! She had had her moment and she was going to have more moments by defending the title every Breakdown – that part thrilled Deanna to no end, having more matches and fighting more and more of SCW’s roster, improving herself and her abilities! It was beyond amazing to consider.

But still, while she had given Adam and Selena their ‘space’, as it were, she had still hung back in gorilla position. Why? Because as much as she didn’t have anything personal against Adam Allocco, he had more than just a ‘bad reputation’. Deanna had been witness to all the ways Adam had disgraced SCW and, more importantly (she had no desire to bring such things up when the man was clearly recovering for his own health and life), had no limit to how low he would stoop to get what he wanted, if memory served her correctly. Now, while that may have changed, as the “King of Strong Style” had indicated, he had still proven that he wasn’t above ambushing his opponent, as he had in his return, running out and taking Ace Marshall during his match with Syren. He even clearly had said that he wasn’t a ‘good guy’ in his more recent promos, though Deanna wasn’t even sure that was even a term to use in this day and age. What even was a ‘good guy’, anyway? 

Briskly, the redhead shook her head, her tied back hair long since freed and now the red waterfall her beloved wife enjoyed. She was certain that she would find, at least, some of the answer she was looking for next week when she challenged Allocco to a match.

Yeah, that was something that made Deanna buzz with excitement. During the final segment, while Allocco had been throwing the basic ‘challenger promises’ to dethrone Selena, Shaun Cruze had been watching as well. Immediately, Deanna had asked (not demanded – the Frost women refused to do that beyond extreme situations) – to challenge the new number one contender… and she had got it! Sure, Selena wasn’t too thrilled about it, but Shaun had liked the idea, it seemed. And Adam had accepted just a short while ago! It was awesome! True, she wasn’t allowed to put her new title on the line, which was a bummer, but how could she be sad about such an amazing opportunity? The main-event of Breakdown – ON HER OWN! Not as Selena’s wife/tag-team partner, not as some add-on, but as herself: Deanna Frost…

Was she nervous? Scared? Absolutely! This wasn’t against an opponent like Jenni Anderson, who, while talented, was too cowardly to wrestle like a damn champion. Adam Allocco was a twenty-some veteran in SCW! A former champion of higher-tier titles! He was leagues above Jenni and a rookie like Deanna… but how could the redhead NOT challenge him? Selena hadn’t really understood that, though she did accept the match’s existence for what it was before asking Deanna to just sit in her current seat “before you challenge the entire SCW roster to a match”…

Pfft… Deanna thought, the sound escaping her lips in a similar sound. You can’t challenge the entire SCW roster to a match… can you?

Her boredom of waiting was reaching new high. Where was Selena? Where had she gone? She had said she’d be right back, hadn’t she? But it was – she checked the clock – before a loud “Screw it” escaped her, the redhead pushing herself out of her chair and grabbing her duffle bag. She was going to find Selena herself! Whatever surprise her beloved wife was planning, Deanna was too impatient to wait another minute.

With a strong stride that played against the soreness in her legs, Deanna marched out of the changeroom, immediately noticing the contrasting emptiness of the hallway. Most, if not all, of the talent were long gone, either to their hotels for the night or maybe to the airport or cars to head home till next week’s episode of Breakdown. The only people that remained were the SCW crew, taking down and packing equipment as they shut down production for the evening. Despite her march, the new TV champion said a quick hello to the people she passed: Ray in catering, Susan in makeup, Holden in tech – she had spent so much time back here that she knew several of the staff by a first name basis. She also asked a few of the people she passed if they had seen Selena, and while most hadn’t, James (one of the cable-guys that hooked up the tech booths) had seen the platinum-blonde heading to the parking lot, which made it beyond clear to the Queen’s Guard where her queen had gone. The only thing of worth in the parking lot for “talent/employees, etc” was their bus: Selena’s “Believe It!” bus. Her direction clear, Deanna followed the directions on the arena wall until she felt the warm air of the Texas night hit her. The parking lot was large but, even from the distance from arena doors to back space of the lot, she could see the large limo bus. Who else in SCW still used that? Not like the Brand would splurge on anything like that for the group – and maybe that was for the best. Last thing she wanted to see was the smug faces of Holly, Cid, Giovanni, and the others plastered so many feet wide and high… yuck.

She felt the hard concrete against her boots as she walked down one of aisles of the lot, passing several cars of various models and colors – though it was all peripheral vision as she kept her eyes locked on the top of the bus that she could see. What was it that Selena wanted her to wait for? Was she handling an errand? Or was she back in the arena, trying to get Shaun not to go through with Deanna’s match with Allocco next week?

The idea caused the redhead to stop in her tracks. Was Selena THAT upset? Did she not like the idea that much? Yes, Deanna knew she needed to concentrate on her new reign as Television champion and there HAD been some teasing between her and Kim Williams on Twitter which the Underground Champion had taken advantage of tonight – trying to spoil Deanna’s championship celebration – but THIS was important too! Nervously, the young Frost cast her gaze back towards the arena she had exited, her overactive brain contemplating whether or not to go back in and search the area first. Maybe Selena just needed more convincing. Yeah, Adam was more experienced and riding a huge wave of momentum and maybe it was a little bit of ‘biting off more than she could chew’, but why was that so bad?! Why was losing such a bad idea? 

Even if she got beat, wouldn’t it be a learning lessons? A year ago, she wouldn’t have even been considered to get in the ring with a wrestler like Adam! A year ago, she wouldn’t have even been considered a wrestler or challenger to Jenni Anderson. “Maybe it’s something I want.” Deanna whispered to herself. “Maybe I WANT to do this, even if I fail.”

A month or so ago, Deanna had watched Selena utterly dismantle a person out of her realm of abilities in Samuel Davis. Was the Snow Queen trying to keep Deanna from suffering a similar fate, so fresh off of winning the Television title. Shaun had asked Deanna to try and do for the Television Title what the platinum-blonde had done for the world title: bring integrity to it. Being squashed by Adam Allocco, maybe, wasn’t the best first step… 

But why not?! Deanna’s mind rebelled! Why not challenge the hottest superstar in SCW right now? - Hot as in ‘momentum”, not hot as in attractive. Wasn’t that what Adam was doing? Going for broke against Selena at Rise to Greatness? Fighting someone deemed by many as “unstoppable” in Selena Frost? The only difference was that, in this case, Allocco was seen as the ‘unstoppable’ or ‘the mountain to conquer’.

And if Adam believed he could beat Selena, why couldn’t Deanna believe she could beat-

An odd sound drifted towards Deanna’s ears, causing the redhead to spin around and refocus on the large bus just half of the parking lot away from her. It was faint but she definitely heard it – and when she heard it a second time (louder this time), accompanied by some kind of metal ‘banging’, she was on the move, her curiosity winning out.

She stepped a bit more briskly towards the bus, the sounds growing louder as she slowly recognized them.

The sounds of something being thrown against metal.
The sounds of fists flying and connecting with their target.
The sounds of cursing and shouting.

Deanna’s eyes flew down to the ground to see her legs – when has she started running?! And how had she covered so much distance in so much time. She could see the majority of the bus now as she sprinted awkwardly, one arm holding her title and the other holding her dufflebag.

Reaching the last car that stood in her way, Deanna ran around it just in time to see two men lying on the ground. One wore blue jeans, a Hairless Penguin mask, and a red “SCW logo” t-shirt that, even with his obese frame was two or three X’s too large for him, covering him almost like a poncho. The other also wore a Hairless Penguin mask, but was very thin build, wearing a black ‘The Brand’ t-shirt and gray track pants. It was this light man that Eric, the Frost family’s good friend and bus-driver, was lifting up and slamming into the wall hard – with enough force to rattle the metal frame of the bus loudly. Revving a fist back, he connected with the masked boy right in the jaw, sending him sprawling to the ground. 

“ERIC!” Deanna cried out in alarm as he saw the boy hit the ground, gaining the tall, broad man’s attention.
“Get back!” Eric yelled out, but there was no need to worry. The men were clearly incapacitated, clearly not expecting a fight with a powerhouse like Eric.
“What the hell-“

Deanna’s words died out as her eyes finally took in the sight behind the young man. Sitting against the side of the bus, her head rolled to the side shoulder facing Deanna, was Selena. 

“SELENA!” Deanna cried out, dropping her bag and title without a second thought and rushing to her wife’s side. Kneeling down, the younger Frost gingerly took her wife’s head into her hands to guide it up to look at her. “Look at me! Please open your eyes…”

Slowly, as if with great effort, Selena’s eyes opened, sapphire orbs meeting emerald ones. But the light of the bus’ interior cast out the windows allowed Deanna to see so much more. The left eye (Deanna’s left, Selena’s right) was red and was already swelling. The lip was cut a little and swollen – growing fatter as the seconds ticked away – all things Selena did not have fifty minutes ago. 

“Hey…” Selena groaned under her breath. “So…something came up…”

Hardly in the mood for jokes, Deanna turned her head in time to see Eric lifting the thin man up again by his hair and driving an elbow into his throat as he held him up against the bus. “You realize what the hell you’ve just done?” he roared angrily, ripping the mask off the boy’s face to reveal the splotchy array of acne across the boy’s skin. 

“She lied to us!” the boy shouted. “She was supposed to show up!”

“Shut the hell up!” Eric yelled back. “Deanna, call the police!” he ordered, reaching into his pocket with his free hand to toss Deanna his cellphone. The redhead quickly caught it with one hand.

“Why?!” yelled the large man as he struggled to get up. “It’s her fault!” 
“Stay on the ground or I’ll clock you again!” Eric warned.
“It is!” the large man shot back, but he remained on the ground. “She promised to show up to my little sister’s birthday party and she never did! We paid her $3000 to show up!”

“Bullcrap!” Deanna barked. “I’m her manager! If she had an engagement, I would have-“
“I have the proof!” the thin boy remarked. “Trey- you got my phone still?”
“Yeah…” the large man looked around before picking up the phone that had hit the ground when he had dropped it from Eric’s punch.

“Were you recording this?!” Eric looked in shock. “The fuck is wrong with you?!”

Ignoring him, the man pulled up a series of photos on his phone – screen captures that he showed in front of Eric.

“There?! See?!” Both men said at the same time, though their voices were quite different. “For months we chatted with her – we were her fans and she-“

“That’s not her account.” Eric replied coldly. “Selena doesn’t even have a WhatsApp.”
“What-“
“And that isn’t her account – right Deanna?” Eric asked before spouting out a number.
“No…” Deanna shook her head. “That’s not even close to our account number.”

Despite herself, Deanna felt a twinge of sadness at the crestfallen look of the two boys at this realization.

“But…then-“ they tried.
“You idiots were catfished.” Eric replied. “And even if you weren’t, that doesn’t justify assaulting her!”
“We…” they were trying so hard. “We drained all of our savings.” The restrained boy cried. “My sister doesn’t have- she has cancer and-“
“Shut it!” Eric spat back. “I don’t care what the reason is. Are the police on their way-“

Deanna was about to call them when a pale hand took hers, stopping the motion. “No…” came the pained whisper of the world champion. “Eric, let them go.”

“What?!” Eric asked in disbelief. “They just attacked you!”
“I know.” Selena smiled sadly, and it was in her eyes, one swollen, that Deanna could see a glimpse of the true damage. “But…” she released a long exhale. “Just let them go, please.”

Her attention turned back to Deanna. “Go help them, Deanna.”
“Wha- what about-“
“I promise, I won’t go anywhere.” She half-laughed, though it was weak as she sat against the bus. “Wire them their money so they at least have that.”

For a moment, Deanna cast a glare at the two boys before releasing a huff. “Fine!” she barked, gently ensuring Selena was alright before pushing herself to her feet. Marching over to her dufflebag, the redhead retrieved her phone and barked out orders to the assailants, demanding their email for Interac. A second later, Deanna’s and Selena’s shared account was out three grand but at least the boys had their money back.

“Now go.” Deanna replied coldly, glaring them down. “Don’t ever let me see you near my wife again.”

“I…we…” the thin boy tried clumsily. “We’re sorry. We thought that she-“
“No talking.” Deanna warned, on the cusp of snapping and punching the boy in the face like Eric had. “Just go.”

“But-“ the larger man tried but was quickly seized by Eric, who shoved both boys away from the bus.
“Get the fuck out of here before they change their mind!” he shouted. “And if I ever see you two again-“

They were gone before Eric could finish his sentence, scampering into the night and out of the parking lot. The danger gone, Deanna returned to her wife’s side, seeing the platinum-blonde smile weakly at her wife.

“So…new plan.” Selena tried. “No more spontaneous decisions from me.”

It was then that Deanna spied the outfit Selena was wearing. It wasn’t the casual attire that she had worn during Breakdown, her lack of booking meaning she could dress in her alternate street-wear attire. Instead, she was wearing her wrestling gear.

“Wha-“ Deanna’s question died as she saw Eric gathering her bag and new title.
“It’s under the bus.” Selena whispered to Eric, causing the tall man to nod before leaning down and reaching under the bus to pull out the SCW world title – Selena’s title.

“I don’t-“ Deanna tried again before the pieces suddenly clicked together. “You were setting up a photoshoot…with me.”

A sad smile returned to Selena’s face. “I wanted to celebrate your first championship win.” She admitted. “Get that photoshoot you wanted.”

Hearing those words, Deanna bit her lower lip. It was her fault… she had said on her promo against Jenni that she loved the idea of doing a posing photoshoot with Selena – the World Champion posing with her wife and new Television champion… that’s why Selena had left by herself to change, to surprise her. Otherwise, they would have left together and maybe held their own against the assailants.

“She was just on her way back after changing when I heard the commotion.” Eric explained. “They just jumped her and attacked her. I don’t…” he sighed. “I can’t believe people would do this.”

Unable to say a word, Deanna shook her head before gently gathering her wife into her arms and lifting her up bridal style – despite Selena being the taller and heavier, she was actually light in Deanna’s arms. 

“Deanna…” Selena tried weakly. “I got punched and kicked – I can walk you-“
“Eric, can you get the door.” Deanna asked. “Just throw my things on the couch and get the big bags of ice from the large freezer. Selena needs a bath.”

“Deanna…” Selena tried. “I…”

“No.” Deanna’s eyes narrowed, knowing what her wife would say. “I’ve got seven days to worry about everything else.” Carefully, she carried Selena into the bus and towards the back where their bathroom and bed were waiting. “Or…rather the Queen’s Guard has seven days to worry about everything. Right now… Deanna is worrying about her wife. No argument.”

It was the last words they would say for the rest of the night as the Frost family gathered themselves up and prepared for a sad departure, and a rather rough night.
Project: Black Ice

”A Moment Tainted: Burden of Proof”

Norton Sound Regional Hospital
Nome, Alaska
June 20, 2022
10:21am

Once more, Deanna stole a glance from the corner of her eye from where she sat, taking in the pale skin of her beloved wife as the two Frost women sat in their chairs next to each other. They had been sitting this way for the better part of an hour, both at various levels of anxiousness. For her wife, Deanna could see the Snow Queen’s hands tighten into fists and then relax over and over again. Several times, Deanna had reached out to take one fist into her hands, squeezing or massaging them. Selena never said anything when she did this, but neither did she pull her hand away or smack Deanna’s hands away.

This ‘stealing glance’ was not such a time, as Deanna was merely taking her wife’s appearance in once more, emerald eyes observing every detail on her wife’s face – from the round, purple sunglasses she wore (even though they had been inside the hospital for close to an hour), to the platinum-blonde hair the was tied into its iconic braid, which rested just below Selena’s shoulder blades. It was the right eye that the redhead was laser-focused on, the one uncommon thing about her wife’s appearance.

It had been about four days since she had become Television champion, four days since she had made the challenge to Adam Allocco for the upcoming Breakdown episode… and four days since the assault in  the parking lot on her beloved wife. Two amazing things… Deanna thought, Yet all overshadowed by one bad… like that mark overshadowing my wife’s beautiful face… 

The spike of sadness overtook her temporary rush of pride at such a ‘poetic observation’, preventing her from sharing it with her wife. Instead, her eyes continue to secretly stare at the discolored skin hiding under Selena’s purple sunglasses. Both women had acted quickly since the incident, Deanna out of love and care and Selena out of mere common sense, icing the Snow Queen’s eye immediately and throughout the night and day that followed the attack. The swelling went down relatively quickly because of their vigilant care and the discoloration, while parts were still purple and red, had began to recede into light yellow/green. Had they’d been anywhere but Nome, Alaska, essentially ignored by the rest of the world, Selena would have insisted on wearing makeup as she had the day of their travel to cover up the discoloration. Last thing either of them wanted, as Selena had put it, was to be accused of being the ‘new Johnny Depp/Amber Heard drama’ – which was a bit tasteless of a remark, but Deanna forgave it of her wife, given the accuracy of the situation.

The seconds continued to tick away within the small sitting area of the regional hospital, the white lights illuminating the dark tiles of the floor and the wooden beams that decorated the ceiling. The area was not very populated right now – perhaps that was to be expected with such a low population as Nome. 

Despite herself, Deanna bit her lower lip to stop herself from talking her thoughts aloud – specifically her frustrations. The two women had JUST, less than two hours ago, touched down in Nome and gone straight to the Norton Sound Regional Hospital for a single purpose… Because Selena hadn’t really thought things through.

When Selena had run away from Nome nearly nine years ago, she had escaped to Ottawa first for the End of the Year event and then traveled from ‘dingy lodging’ to ‘dingy lodging’ until she had enough money as a wrestler to settle in New York. It wasn’t until then that she had sought out a ‘permanent’ doctor – putting herself on the ‘patient-list’ of Dr. Anderson’s practice. Why was this relevant now? Because, when she had done so, she had lied about ‘never having a family doctor’. She had wanted to forget about her life in Nome at the time. Wanted to forget being trapped there for her entire life. She wanted to start anew, so she had abandoned everything she could regarding it. While Deanna could sympathize with that, it also meant that her wife’s ‘file prior to SCW’ was still here – in Nome.

And it was that file that the Frost wives were after. And with this small town hospital “strongly preferring” requests to be filled out and submitted ‘in-person’, well… No place like Nome!

Deanna exhaled a little loudly, her eyes fluttering close as she waited with her wife for the staff to process the request they had submitted upon arrival. She quickly scanned the front desk, seeing the secretaries and nurses behind there, some clearly working and some clearly not. 

“Frost?” the voice came suddenly from behind said desk just as Deanna turned away, Selena getting to her feet first to march across the small space to the desk. By the time Deanna was on her feet and caught-up with her, the platinum-blonde had taken a large-sized folder from the secretary and was on the move again, marching out of the hospital, almost frantically. What else could the redhead do but follow, throwing a ‘thanks’ to the older woman sitting behind the desk for her assistance. Within minutes, the couple had exited the building and made their way through the parking lot, Deanna, on instinct, scanning every inch of the space that she could see and shifting even closer to her marching wife. She only managed to breath a quiet sigh of relief when the pair had entered their rented car and shut the doors, Selena yanking off her sunglasses and opening the folder. There were stacks and stacks of papers and forms stapled together, all with so much information and data that, at first glance, Deanna’s eyes hurt. She could see names, numbers, chicken-scratch that served as writing – it was an eyesore at first glance, yet Selena stared at it intently, sapphire eyes darting left to right in quick scanning. 

“Selena…” Deanna tried, biting her lower lip. “It…it doesn’t matter…” she tried to assure her wife. “Even if, by some insane notion that it’s true. Remember what Jonathan and Alejandra said. It doesn’t matter.”

Selena remained silent until her breath hitched, her entire body going stiff as she beheld her current page. Without a word, she thrust the paper into Deanna’s space, allowing the redhead to take it and read it.

“January 13, etc. etc. etc. child brought in…” her eyes flew across what ‘doctor’s notes’ she could legibly read. “Parents: Donovan Frost… Alejandra Alden… Can’t believe they kept that in the records.” She said offhandedly before continuing, checking various notes on ‘tests’ and ‘procedures’ of the Newborn-Screening. Everything appeared normal (from what little Deanna, herself, understood about the medical practices – using her own pregnancies with David and Amiliah as her guide). However, as she turned the page, the entire sheet was dedicated to “Pulse oximetry newborn screening”, simply due to all the notes therein – not merely an “all good” like the others. Eyes narrowing, Deanna continued to read. “Patient suffers from ‘atrial septal defect’. Refer to page 9 for further details.” She turned to it but the jargon only became more complicated and unintelligible to her. “Must monitor…refer to page…age 2…. What is all this?” she asked, turning her head to see Selena checking her phone avidly, googling away.

“It means…” the Snow Queen took a staggering breath. “That Selena Frost was born with a hole in her heart…”

There was a dead silence between the two as the words sunk in. “H…hole?” Deanna asked, earning a nod from Selena. “That… is such a thing possible?”

“It’s right there in black and white.” Selena stated sharply. “Which means…”

And when the aforementioned child was born and brought back to Nome, imagine his frustrations when he found that she was ‘less than perfect’. That she wasn’t as smart as some of the others or as strong as the others. All he could see were her many faults. A good scare from a biological condition she had and suddenly, he couldn’t handle it anymore. Not when he had come so close to getting the heir his family deserved. Killjoy’s words echoed in both Selena and Deanna’s mind but it was only Selena who spoke.

“It means Killjoy was telling the truth.”
“The hell it does!” Deanna remarked sharply. “It could be a coincidence!” she grabbed Selena’s phone, wrestling it from the older woman’s grasp. “See!” she pointed out as she read the screen. “It says it can happen and cure itself in many cases as the child ages!”

“It also says that it might not.” Selena countered.
“She’s lying, Selena!” Deanna finally shot out, tossing Selena’s phone to the back seat, which she regretted doing later as it was unfair to the phone but in that moment, she didn’t care. “This is all some stupid, sick game by someone PRETENDING to be you, okay?! PRE-TEND-DING! Why does it matter?! You’re Selena! Who cares what Killjoy says?! Who cares if it’s even true?! It changes nothing for us! For Jonathan and Allie! For our children! Just…”

Her emotions running high, Deanna collapsed back into her chair. “Just…let this go, please.”

Slowly, Deanna opened her eyes, immediately seeing the bruised and emotionally broken face of her beloved.

“I can’t.” Selena half-cried, the saddest of smiles gracing her features. “Remember last week? When I was jumped? All on someone pretending to be Selena Frost?”

Deanna nodded at the recollection of the ‘cat-fishing incident’.

“I didn’t feel mad or even bitter at those boys. I felt… I felt like I was just as bad. Worse. Because what have I been doing for years but the same thing? If Killjoy is telling the truth…” her sapphire eyes fell to the paper. “Then what have I been doing but pretending to be Selena Frost? And… if that’s so… who am I really?”

She sat back in her seat, her hands resting on the steering wheel. Suddenly, her passiveness and immediate forgiveness over being assaulted in the parking lot made sense to Deanna. But it was the most unfair assessment she had ever heard! The person that had catfished those boys had done it intentionally and with malice! Selena, even if all this was true, had, and continued to be, an innocent victim in this madness!

“The Paternity Test.” She stated, reaching out to take Selena’s hand strongly into hers. “That will make everything clear.” Her voice held no room for doubt – she couldn’t allow it to for her wife’s sake. “You’ll see. It will work out! It’ll prove you’re the real Selena and Killjoy is just a…a… I can’t think of the right words for her now, I’m so angry at her!”

It was enough to cause a small smile to form on Selena’s face. “You’re too optimistic.”
“Says the woman that continues to tell people to ‘believe’.”

Shaking her head knowingly, Selena released her wife’s hand and started the car, beginning the travel to the private airport, which would take them to Indianapolis… to Breakdown… to the only thing right now both of them were absolutely sure of. 

The Guard Tower

”Oh boy! Deanna’s really done it now! Girl wins one title and now she thinks she can take on the world!”

First of all, me challenging Adam Allocco has nothing to do with ‘taking on the world’. I felt that when Selena told me she loved me back over nine years ago. Yeah, talk about empowering. Love, go figure. Granted, winning the Television title was pretty damn empowering for me as well. I mean, even a year ago, no one would have given any real thought to me being a wrestler – except me and Selena. But even then, the idea of winning? Of beating a former world champion like Dawn Lohan? Of WINNING an actual SCW singles title? Even I wasn’t that optimistic, and I like to think I’m pretty optimistic! There’s a 70% chance of shower today… and I’m going for a ‘pre-Breakdown’ walk after this recording without an umbrella! See? Optimistic!

But yeah, maybe I am ‘biting off more than I can chew’ a little with this challenge. I mean, not only am I challenging the new Taking Hold of the Flame royale winner, Adam Allocco – but the man that has been a wrestler for over two decades. That’s more than Selena and I combined – even if I include my years as Selena’s manager as ‘experience’. On top of that, the man is riding high from his royale win. And, yeah, I’m doing pretty well myself, but so was Samuel Davis, right? A man full of every confidence, he then thinks he can take on Selena and win with ease – that was not a pretty match to watch…

So, what? Do I think things will be any different when I take on a person with decades more experience and natural talent than me?

Maybe… then again, maybe not. Maybe I will get trounced. Maybe I will get beaten and look foolish. And what’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with fighting someone out of your league? Of fighting someone that’s got so much advantage over you? Do you go to the gym and say “meh. I’m only going to work out what I’m capable of.”? Or do you push yourself to your limits and try and surpass them?! You think Selena got to where she is by staying in her ‘safety zone’? No! She challenged SCW’s way of thinking and continues to do so! She went outside her comfort-zone and continues to do so for all of SCW and for integrity!

So, why can’t I? Why can’t I challenge such a talent as a refocused, passionate, driven man as Adam Allocco? Why can’t I be excited about what I can possibly learn from this? How I can use this match to become a better wrester and, maybe even, a better champion?

Isn’t that what you want, Adam? To show the world that you’re so much better than you were earlier this year? I mean, I’ll give you every credit! You did a SUPER job winning the royale! Beyond super! A SUPER-DUPER job! And you surprised so many people, including me and Selena – not that you aren’t capable of it but… you know with the problems and all that…

Anyway, you’re coming in after winning a royale and you’re wanting to ‘take on the world’, right? You want to fight Selena and prove you’re ‘the best wrestler in the world’ at Rise to Greatness, right? I mean… is that so different from me? I don’t want to prove something as false as that – me, being ‘the best wrestler in the world’ after one match – but I want to prove just how far along I’ve come in less than a year. Yes, I’m a champion, but you’re a league above and beyond what I’ve dealt with, aren’t you? You’re a tactician! You’re a mastermind! You’re resourceful! You’re, without question or doubt, the biggest challenge I have ever faced since I began wrestling singles matches.

But I’m not afraid of you, Adam. I’m not. And it’s not out of disrespect to you – I’m not knocking you or what you can do in the ring – like I would make such a mistake as underestimating you, pffft. The reason I’m not really scared, aside from taking value in the idea of a loss, is because I feel a sense of kinship with you.

I know! I know! You hate my wife, you think she’s this and that. Blah blah blah. I didn’t say I like you! I still remember the stuff you did in those ‘darker days’ of your time in SCW earlier this year and last. I don’t like you, but I feel a kinship with you because I think you, too, have something to prove tonight as I do.

And I think it’s more than just saying you’re ‘at the top of your game’. I think it’s more than just proving to Selena or the SCW Universe that you can ‘still go and wrestle’. I think this is about proving it to yourself too. I think, despite your self-assessment and acceptance of who you are, you still have some doubts. You still are uncertain. I think that, while you WANT your path to be as you said on Breakdown – inevitable - part of you isn’t sure just yet. 

Maybe that’s what this is to you? The beginning of building your confidence to where you can stand and say proudly that you are a bona-fide challenger for the SCW World title! Just like I want to prove that I can hold my own against a man of your talents!

I mean, can you imagine that? Shaun Cruze asked me to bring ‘integrity’ to the Television title after it’s been dragged through the mud by so many superstars, including you.

I remember that time, Adam. I had just returned to SCW after my wrongful incarceration. Selena was in the midst of a war with Syren that would, eventually, lead her to the World title… and you were the Television champion. And I’m not talking about the super-embarrassing stuff like ‘the Viagra incident’ I had to watch or you vomiting on live television or whatever – I think those infamous moments speak for themselves. But I mean how you tricked an official to disqualify Gavin Taylor. How you used the ropes to pin Ravyn. Used Lexy as a distraction against Crystal - I could go on, Adam, but you get the point. Your reign with the title I now hold, to be blunt, was an embarrassment to everything SCW should be about and I think you know it.

And when I became TV champion, it was that kind of bad-stuff that Shaun Cruze asked me to fight against, even if the title isn’t on the line.

So… what does that mean? Well, remember when Samuel Davis and Giovanni Aries came in and declared that Samuel was suddenly a ‘success’ – that he was suddenly a ‘star in SCW’? Selena came out and dared him to prove it. To prove their words and all their ‘claims’ were genuine. 

You say that you’re a changed man? Different than the man that once held this title and embarrassed it, SCW, and himself? A man different than the person that needed distractions and interferences and cheap ploys to gain victories? I am daring you to prove it! 

Prove it against me here in Indianapolis! On the main-event of Breakdown! Prove to me and to the world that things are different – that you are different! I want to see that, Adam! Are you kidding? Can you imagine if I can go toe to toe with Adam Allocco in a clean match? If I can make a promise that, as Television Champion, I can be better than the ‘better version’ of one of its former champions? 

Cause whether it’s foolish or ‘overly-optimistic’ of me to challenge you, my intention is still to win. Make no mistake of that, Adam. I don’t just want to make you prove yourself to all of SCW and the True Believers, I also want to beat you. I want to prove to all of them that, like you, I am different from who I was even a few months ago! I want to prove I am every inch the Television Champion AND the Queen’s Guard tonight! 

And, on a personal note, I want you to realize the kind of war you are in for. You came to the ring full of piss and vinegar last week. Appearing so sure of yourself – of your ‘path’ to, inevitably, become world champion... 

Personally? I think you’re still a bit on the arrogant side and need to see reality for what it is. It’s NOT going to be that easy. It’s not going to happen JUST because you say so. It’s going to be brutal and against someone far more dangerous and far more experienced than I am…

But I want to be the one to make you realize that. I want to be the one that makes you understand that. To understand that while you were happy to swim around at the bottom of the barrel of integrity/decency for so long, The House of Frost spent that time swimming with the sharks and rose the standard. And while you may want to prove that you can hang around at that standard now, I am going to prove to you that it is not going to be as easy as you think it is.

Tonight, Adam, I am going to give you all that I have in this ring. I am going to give you every breath of my ability, my hopes, my dreams for this title and for SCW. I am going to fight until I can’t anymore – for my wife, for this championship, for SCW. And when I am done, I am going to follow your example and offer you my hand.

The question is, Adam Allocco, will be if you’re a different enough man to accept it.

Are you, Adam? Even if it’s you that may be the one that’s biting off more than he can chew?

Checkmate, bitch.