Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: The One vs. Crystal Zdunich
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The One has effectively called out Beard. Last time The One was in the ring, he sent a message, costing herself a match just to do so. Against Crystal Zdunich, she may have to be prepared for a tougher challenge. Zdunich has been hungry for months and while everyone has talked of her potential, she’s only barely scratched it. Could Zdunich give The One a different introduction to competition in SCW? We’ll find out on Breakdown!

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET THURSDAY, July 7, 2022 (NOTE THE DIFFERENT DEADLINE DUE TO LATE SHOW)
[[PROMO]]

Standing in the shadows of the parking garage, watching as fans and performers alike leave the June 30th edition of Breakdown, The One simply stands, cloaked in darkness, and with a faint smile on her face.  With each passing car, unable to see her in her in the corner, but she see them, she looks inside and sees those faces she knows, and those she doesn't pass by.

One... By one... By one... It's like nothing ever happened, and everyone is just returning to a simpler time where they don't have to look over their shoulder, a time where they don't have to worry about what matters or what doesn't.  They get the opportunity to go back to their home lives, and their families, and be with the ones they love.  They have an easy time separating this "business" from the pleasures of day to day life, and I'll be honest... I'm jealous.  I'm envious.  I wish I could do that.  Now I say that with the caveat that the life I am forced to live outside of the business puts me in an eerily similar situation where I have to watch every single person I cross paths with.  I have to see if they may be friend of foe.  I have to decide ON THE SPOT whether or not I have to engage with them, and do to them what I have shown SCW I will do to those who fir that mold of "adversary."

Last week... That was a prime example...

See when I first began here, with Taking Hold of the Flame, I did so with a message.  It was a message that said The One didn't sit there and OBSESS over wins and losses because the fight was so much bigger than that.  "Insert Changing of Underwear Name Here," the world saw, that I could beat.  They saw that The One was more than capable of walking into an arena where she was not so savvy, where she may be perceived as less experienced, and not only win, but win decisively.  But it was at that point I decided that the message needed to truly be sent to the locker room,  I needed to send a message that Supreme Championship Wrestling was no longer a breeding ground for people to try and coax or buy their way to the top.  This woman here, as far as I can tell, she was a nobody.in this organization and now she changes her name, act, and personality like her underwear trying, just TRYING to find that special "something" to be labeled a "somebody."  And once the referee told me I had won, once I knew I had proven THAT point, it was time to prove another to this woman, and everyone who surrounds her...

So I never let go...

Next thing you know she has what she wants.  She has a "big victory" notched in her belt.  The problem is... Now she has to realize that she didn't do it on her own.  She has to live and reinvent herself again because her win was nothing more than a victory that I had earned, and instead showed her how easy it was to have a win, and it ultimately mean nothing, while I may have a loss, and it mean a lot more.  That's what I said at Taking Hold of the Flame.  I said this whole mission, this whole quest, none of it was about a win or a loss.  It wasn't about a piece of gold or an accolade.  It was about changing the culture.  Reminding SCW what it was founded on, this belief that truly only the SUPREME are viewed as the great ones.  A great one shouldn't have to reinvent themselves time and time again.  They shouldn't have to use different names, gimmicks, or attitudes. They should stand on their own.  They should FLOURISH on their own.  And this woman who is in the process of reinventing herself time and time again is someone who isn't being true to herself, and what I did for her was both to prove a point, and show her a little bit of mercy.  I wanted her to realize that there are those out there that will give her what she wants, but it won't be how, and it won't feel like she wished it would.  Just because you get what you want or feel you "deserve" doesn't mean life is going to become all hunky dory, but hey, you got it.  Right?

She points at all of the cars still driving by.

These people, many of them are the same way.  They came here for a night out, a good time, and they got it.  It was a distraction from their everyday routines and the dull lives they live at home.  But that moment is over.  Sure, they may talk about it for a few days and ride the high, but think about it... Just like I did last week, this "high" for some of these people was something given to them because they felt they deserved it because they were entitled to it.  And you know, that's life, that's this world we live in.  We live in a world where people believe they deserve whatever the hell they want because of whatever reason they can come up with at the time.  It may not be a valid reason, hell it may not even be a good reason, but it is their reason for feeling entitled to say "give me what I want because I deserve it more than you do."

And that's going to change... At least here...

Moving forward, my method of operations will not be changing, ir won't be alternating, and I continue to say that I won't be sitting here obsessing over whether or not there is a win or loss in each column.  Instead I'll be focusing on whether or not I have continued to straighten my path and fix the wrongs that have led me down a path where I have to atone for my own wrongdoings.  I have to show myself, I have to show others, hell I have to show EVERYONE that what I did and how I conducted myself, putting people's lives at risk, is not who or what I am now.  I have to prove that the woman I once was, is dead.  And I do that by continuing my quest to show the world what happens to those who fail to realize what the future holds.

And that's where next week's Breakdown comes into play...

SCW has said that I am being thrown into a match with someone who is hungry.  Someone who people have hyped as having unprecedented potential in what she could be capable of, but hasn't quite reached it.  And that kind of hype, I won't lie, it gives me a little bit of hope that maybe SCW truly is on the right course.  Because when I look at Crystal Zdunich, I don't see a lot of, what most would call, "successes" in SCW.  I don't see wins or accolades, but I hear people sing her praises and act as if she is someone who could possibly use The One as her opportunity to break free of this hype, and actually show the world that she is, in fact, someone who marks the future of SCW.  It's the type of praise I think IS the future of Supreme Championship Wrestling, and not these cookie cutter knock-offs of previously successful stars.  This idea of someone who people SEE as the future, and don't just heap praise and worship from the start, that is what made SCW great, and where it needs to get back to in order to grow forward.  But while Crystal Zdunich is someone everyone sees a future in, I think those same people need to remind themselves about who THE FUTURE of SCW is going to be.  I think everyone needs to remember the analogy I made once before...

SCW, even in its current state, will have it's own "Phoenix" help it rise from the ashes!

So I want everyone to listen, and listen close.  My first official match was handled in a way to set an example.  I wanted everyone to understand that there was someone here who had a different mindset from the "socially acceptable norms" that have been created by these older and more desperate for attention long timers.  The future of SCW is here, and it's in the form of someone who isn't going to allow the greed to consume her.  Someone who isn't going to allow those ideas to work.  I used an STD as an example as someone who could "achieve" her goal, but fail in doing so.  Now I get the opportunity to walk into a match with someone who sits in the same echelon as I do.  See, at Taking Hold of the Flame, I made a statement.  I went out there and I handled my business, and I made it clear I knew winning was a longshot.  But even with that longshot, I still held my own and began to create a hype that it's time I live up to.  And it's not just a hype of success in the organization, but it's a hype of my mission and goal.

Crystal... I want to say I respect you and what you are seemingly standing for in this business.  I haven't heard of you being as greedy as my previous opponent.  But I do suspect you're going to want to do something about what happened at Taking Hold of the Flame.  I have a feeling that you're going to want to extract a little revenge...

After all... The One ended your hopes and dreams...

It wasn't personal.  It wasn't something I went out intending to do.  It was the nature of the beast.  Once I got in there, I'll admit, I got caught up in the inherent chaos, and I wanted to challenge myself.  I wanted to make sure people saw The One, and remembered who I was.  At that moment, I saw you there, I went for the elimination, and I got you out.  So yeah, I admittedly got a little greedy.  But the fact is, it was the nature of the match, and I don't sit here and hold Asher Hayes responsible for me not winning.  I stopped paying attention at the wrong time, and allowed myself to be in a vulnerable position.  So if you have this mentality of vengeance, I highly suggest you leave it at home because I am not looking at you in the same light as I did my previous opponent.  Instead, I see you as someone wanting to earn her way.  I respect that, I really do.  But I also know that I am in the same boat, and I've hit the ground running.  You're someone who has received a lot of praise for your efforts... I'm receiving a lot of looks and eyes because of my performance.  I've only lost by a technicality, if you care about that stuff.  But when it has come to wars, I have set myself apart as someone who is willing to fight.

With all of that being said, Crystal... I hope you bring your hype.  I hope you bring your drive.  I hope you bring all of the praise you have received from anyone who has EVER been ANYONE in this business.  But understand that when I put you down, when I take you out, when I end your hopes and dreams for that "first step," like others before me, it's purely because of business and the need to open people's eyes even more.  Everyone saw Breakdown number one for The One.  Now it's time for them to see what momentum brings when she has the wind even more at her back.  You're going to become remembered even more fondly, down the road.  You're going to be remembered as the woman who stepped up to the plate and was the first person who faced The One without the hostility behind it.  And unless you decide to start to take the low road with me, you won't be made an example of.  Instead you'll be part of the future evolution, and maybe one day, The One helps you truly evolve to that next level, rather than just heap you with words of praise.  Maybe The One shows you the way, so you don't have to learn the lessons she learned.  Because learning is something that The One does for everyone... She teaches the most valuable life lesson you'll ever have...

Death... Taxes... AND THE ONE!

With those final words, The One lights a cigarette in her mouth, and leans further into the corner and into the shadows, watching everyone ontinue to drive by.  She grins and nods, knowing that her first goal, her first mission, her first attempt at making statement, was a success, and the, now known as "Where's the Beef," only got her big win because of that gift from The One herself.
GENESIS: Chapter Four

Why am I here?  How did I get here?  Why I was I trusted with some hulking security guard for my safety, while my family went off and gallivanted about, doing God knows what?  These were all of the questions that just kept running through my head while I heard The One talking and, effectively, introducing me.  Then I was forced to stare down this group of kids all staring back at me, and a lot of which I knew.  It was so much to take in.  It was so overwhelming.  I wasn't one to ever make friends easily.  I didn't know how to go and talk to people.  And besides, what would I say to them?  How would I approach them?  Walk up and say something like, "hey are your parents here fucking strangers, too?"  It just is weird.  It's not something I would do.

But that was when I was thrown the other loop...

When the kid from my school approached me out of nowhere, and he was one of the kids from our school there, I immediately didn't know how to react.  To a degree, it was a relief.  It was a face that, I didn't just recognize, but one I had actually had one interaction with.  At the same time, it was even more awkward because he was the one who told me that I wasn't alone.  He was the one who told me that there were others like me, like us.  And here he was, in the flesh, confirming that very thing.

It was at that moment that The One was gone and out of the picture.  Now I was stuck until he came to get me, hopefully.  For all I knew, my family had just sold me into child slavery.  Yes, my mind was that dramatic.  A lot of the kids from my school, those I always thought that were talking about me, apparently were surprised and were whispering whether or not I was someone that they would ever see me cross paths with them here at The Compound.  They all would walk by me and repeat the same phrase, "welcome new kid."  It threw me off.  Nobody introduced themselves.  Nobody said their name.  Nobody asked for mine.  Even those who knew my name from school, still called me "new kid."  It made no sense to me.  And this was when I knew I had to start finding out answers on my own....

As kids come and go, each welcoming the "new kid" to the club, the final one passes.  The kid from school who approached me still stands there, as if waiting for me to comment, and I finally have to try and pick his brain..

Me: Why is everyone here?  Why is everyone calling me "new kid?"  What is this place?  Who was that guy?  What in the hell do I do?

The kid, who's hand was still on my shoulder, and who apparently showed everyone I was OK to be welcomed into "the club," lowered his hand and, while I just turned my head and looked at this massive establishment, he began to answer..

Kid From School: Well, let me try and answer that one at a time.  Like I told you at school, you weren't alone.  You and your family's "lifestyle" is what we are all dealing with here.  Every one of our families is back in the main building of The Compound, and we are all the way over here.  Now as far as the whole "new kid" name, we were all there.  The, now former, One old us we had no identity here.  We were each the same generic name until the next "new kid" arrived and whoever was the "neww id" would lose the title to the other newbie.  At that point, we'd get rid the "new," and just become "kid."  The One before The One said we aren't allowed to have names here, that way we don't know one another's names outside of this place.  That One was kind of a fucking idiot and was taken out easily... And I'm sorry what were your other questions?  You kind of went wild with asking about 40 at once...

The "new kid" takes a deep breath..

Me: I asked what this place was, who, I guess, "The One," thinks they are, and what in the hell are supposed to do here?

Kid From School: Ah... Ok... Well as a whole this place is just known as "The Compound."  It's a retreat and "members only" club, whatever that means.  Like you have to be invited here.  When the rumors about your family were swirling we were all surprised that you weren't here already.  Your family is so much more well off than some of us...

The kid looks around, before turning back to the "new kid," and speaking in a much more hushed tone..

Kid From School: Now as for "The One," that's a whole different ballgame.  At least this version of "The One."

The "new kid" looks confused..

Me: Version?

Kid From School: Yeah... See "The One" is the person who runs these grounds.  Apparently has all the "real power" to do whatever he wants.  The two owners pay him to be the muscle and intimidate people, keep us in line, and ensure that nobody is snooping around trying to see what is actually going on.  The last person who was "The One" was a lot nicer.  He was focused on everyone being happy.  He wanted people to enjoy themselves, and ensure we were OK.  We weren't allowed to have names, still, but we weren't treated like second class citizens.  Then, as I was told, "The One's" authority was challenged by this guy, wanting to be "The One."  Apparently when that happens, all the adults in The Compound gather and from what I'm told, it's a fight to the death...

The "new kid's" eyes go wide..

Me: That can't be real... Killing people?  Really?

Kid From School: That's the rumor.  The previous "One" was never heard from again.  None of us have seen him around town, either.  It's like he vanished.  But anyway, after that, this guy walks in and his chest is all puffed up, and he demands we basically bow down to him.  If we don't, he'll make us do a lot of stupid chores, or treat us like some kind of military brigade and make us run and shit.  So we just have learned to mind our business here...

Me: Why don't you tell your parents?

Kid From School: Then he'll make our lives even more hell here.  He'll threaten them until they bribe him for forgiveness.  See, that's why they like this guy.  He's basically helped them buy their way to being figments of your imagination out here.  Nobody ever comes around anymore.  Nobody snoops or asks questions.  He's "the law," and the owners have made him like a "God" in his mind.  He can do whatever, say whatever, intimidate whoever, and bribe whoever.  As long as the owners are making a profit off of our parents and they're all having fun, the rest doesn't matter... Like I said, that's why we just stay quiet and do our thing here...

Me: Like what?

Kid From School: Seriously, anything.  If you want it, it's either here, or someone can make it appear.  It's the one thing the owners make sure of.  They want your parents to keep their membership so they'll fork over the chump change to keep us happy.  Hell when I first started coming here, this was like a nursery.  Now we have indoor sports, a gaming area, nap pods, really they'll build or buy whatever because in the end we are negligible costs.  We can get food, drinks, whatever.  As long as we just mind our business and pretend we don't know what's happening around here, then we are golden...

This idea of being a hostage in a place where I'm given everything I want, but having no identity to myself and being just another kid in the crowd, I didn't like.  I didn't like that my job was to, effectively, appease one guy who felt he was the single most powerful entity in the world.  As far as I was concerned, he was just a brute with an ego.  But the hush-hush sounds of this kid's voice when he talked about him, the way he even showed his own fear of the guy, told me that he wasn't someone to cross, regardless of my personal feelings.  Plus, I was, afterall, the "new kid."  That's who I was.  That's all I was.  I was nothing more and nothing less, except to a select few who, I think, were finally excited to get the answer to the questions they had always wondered at school.

It was at this point, all secretive talk of "The One" came to a screeching halt.  Instead, everyone began to kind of collectively show me around, taking turns to show off what parts of this building they tended to hang in, and in some cases, why it was "much cooler" than other places.  It was weird.  People were seemingly trying to convince me to hang out in specific areas over others, without directly saying so, and it really didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  All I could tell was everyone kind of had a "place" where they stayed.  You'd see the occasional kid who had the multiple interests going from area to area, or the kid who was just trying to find someone to play with them, but for the most part, everyone gravitated to their own interests and accepted the fact that was where they belonged.

But then we got to the "athletic" part of the kids facility, and that's when my life changed... Forever...

At first, when I was led in there, I kind of shrugged it off from the start.  I said I wasn't interested in sports, never had been, and never would be.  But because the kid from my school felt it was his responsibility to show me everything, he made me go in there anyway.  I saw the basketball goals, I saw indoor batting cages, but then, off to the side I saw one girl with a laptop propped up on a chair, while she was in front of a punching bag.  The intensity of her punches and kicks took me back to that night in my room when I put the hole in my wall.  All of that anger.  All of that frustration.  I could still feel it inside of me so often.  She wasn't someone I recognized.  She wasn't someone I knew.  But in my mind, I was curious.  I was intrigued.  And per usual, I wanted answers..[/b]
[/align]

As the kid from school begins to try and walk the "new kid" out of the gym, she stops him, and points to the girl fiercely attacking a punching bag across the gym..

Me: Wait... Her... Who is she?

Kid From School: Well, ironically she was "new kid" until today.  I don't know if she knows that yet.  We're all kind of scared of her because she shows up, grabs one of the laptops, even if it's being used, and spends hours just destroying those bags.  She doesn't speak to anyone.  She didn't let anyone walk her around.  All we've heard her say is, "if anyone even thinks of bothering me, their face will become that bag..."  So, yeah.  Shall we continue?

As he turns to walk, he quickly realizes he's walking alone.  The "new kid" is enamored with this fierceness being put out by this older girl.  The kid from school feels like he's in a sprint, trying to save the "new kid," but she beats him to the girl..

Me: Hey...

The girl swings extra hard before turning and seeing a younger girl of similar height to her looking back at her..

Girl: ... The hell do you want?

The "new kid" smirks..

Me: Being the new kid around here... I think I want the same thing as you do...

The girl steps up in the "new kid's" face..

Girl: You have no idea what I want...

The "new kid" smirks again, before having her face turn into anger.  She feels the rage begin to bubble up inside her, and without hesitation she spins around and thrusts her elbow into the punching bag, echoing a thud that makes everyone in the kids complex go silent again and look her way.  The girl's eyes go wide, seeing another female being able to throw a shot with the same intensity as she does.  The "new girl" then turns back and looks at her, this time getting in her face..

Me: Like i said... I think we both want the same things around here... Now... Question is do we take this aggression out together, and do something positive, or do we take it our against one another, and cause "Muscle Man" to come in here and get pissy because we took him away from playing security guard?

The girl begins to nod before extending her hand..

Girl: "New Kid..."

The actual "new kid" shakes her head..

Me: Not anymore.  You're one of the regulars now.  I'm "New Kid..."

The "new kid" shakes the girl's hand, and everyone stands around in shock.  Nobody had ever come close to even getting conversation out of the girl before, let alone earning an iota of respect.  The girl begins to show the "new kid" the videos she has been training to on the internet, showing her where she has progressed to, and where she wants to eventually be.  The kid from school is surprised, but before walking away, the "new kid" looks over at him and gives him a nod, showing appreciation for the fact he had tried to show support for her long ago, and had been the one who welcomed her into this "community" as well..

[i]At this moment, I had found someone.  I could feel her anger.  I could feel her animosity of even being there.  She was me.  I was her.  We both knew what was happening and neither one of us liked it.  We wanted to extract our emotions in a way that wouldn't also garner us negative attention from the adults or "The One."  She began to show me what she had been working on and she also began to open up as to why she was as angry as she was.  The truth was, I was right.  We felt the same, but didn't know what to do.  She created a persona with the other kids just to ultimately be left alone.  She wanted to have a chance to figure out how she could one day fight her way out of The Compound, and be free on her own.  She wanted to be able to take out "The One" herself.  I envied that mentality about her.  I saw her as someone who truly believed in her mission and her desires.  She wanted to not be controlled.  She wanted to show that this whole situation was a scourge on the community and just go away and live her own life.  She only had a couple more years before she would theoretically be out from under the thumb of her parents, but even then, she explained that kids usually have to effectively sign their rights away if they want to leave.

It began to sound like this was less of a place for sexual deviation, and more like a cult...

She said a couple people who left and agreed to sign everything they were asked were given a clear path to a new life.  No repercussions because they signed these agreements that effectively evoked the "First Rule of Fight Club."  But she had heard horror stories of those who refused.  She had heard the rumors of "fights to the death," with "The One."  She had heard of families being forced to pay a penalty and ultimately disown their children.  And it wasn't like it was forced upon them by a show of force, but an overwhelming dose of guilt from everyone else in the community.  They would bring out their closest friends or companions and make them act as if they truly had no choice but to do as the owners wanted.  It was this idea that drove her to be sure she was ready for whatever may come, if it may come.  She wanted to be sure she was able to take out anyone who tried to stop her, including her own family.  She wanted freedom.  She wanted to see the sky with her own eyes, and not through the lens she was made to live through.  And she could see that I was like her.  She could see in me that we were cut from similar cloths, and, honestly, she felt like I was the future of what she hoped to start... A dismantling of those who felt owed and deserving of things that they may have no claim to whatsoever.
[/i]