Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Ravyn Taylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ravyn Taylor has been a thorn in Nicole’s side, but now she could be a thorn in everyone’s. Ravyn Taylor has a match against the World Champion, a World Champion who will be looking to continue to show Adam Allocco exactly what awaits him in the World Championship match at Rise to Greatness XIX. Some insiders believe this is an attempt to have Ravyn no longer focus on Nicole. But we also know Ravyn has always had some hopes of getting back in title contention. Selena Frost won’t care. She cares about competition, simple as that. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that the two have never liked one another.

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, July 14, 2022 (NOTICE DEADLINE)
OOC: The CD follows up from the events of last week’s roleplay (Deanna’s).

Project: Black Ice

”Like father, Like daughter…”

The Shakespeare
New York City, New York
July 4th, 2022
2:52pm

“Hello, mom. Hello, ‘dad’. Been a long time, hasn’t it?”

Killjoy grinned almost wickedly, as she at the end of the table where the Frosts and VanHohenheims sat – their moment of happiness effectively spoiled by the foul woman’s sudden presence within the pub.

Fortunately, the shock wore off quickly. For the woman farthest from Killjoy, Selena felt a myriad of emotions. She was still buzzing from the parental test that had proven that she was, in fact, Jonathan and Alejandra’s daughter. She also felt a bit of smugness filling her at the sight of Killjoy – the knowledge she now had growing into a desire to throw it all back in her face. Another test passed! Another obstacle overcome! she thought.

That was all this had been between her and Killjoy. Test after test. First, Killjoy had tried to destroy Selena by having Deanna incarcerated for nearly two years, torturing the Snow Queen without her beloved’s once-constant presence (merely thinking about it caused the platinum-blonde to reach under the table to grip the redhead’s hand, who held onto the pale hand just as tight). After that, the challenge to headline Rise to Greatness and ‘be happy’ so Killjoy could take it all away. Selena had passed that as well last year. After that?

Malcolm’s death and Project: Black Ice.
The deadline to figure everything out.
Killjoy’s plan to see Selena lose everything at Taking Hold of the Flame.

Selena had beaten it all, though it had been far from easy. The only card Killjoy had left to play had been her ‘killshot’ of claiming that she was the REAL Selena Frost, while Selena was a ‘fraud’ (an accusation that had stung far worse than those in SCW that seemed obsessed with that line like The Brand and most of Infamous in the past).

But that ‘shot’ was debunked now. Selena held the proof in her hand, her eyes treading over what Deanna had read aloud moments ago – all the nines of the 99.9999999% assurance that said she was a Frost!

Still, as she opened her mouth the speak, the voice that came out was not hers.

“You’re not my daughter.”

The voice was cold, commanding, and, for a moment, Selena was sure she had heard the voice of her father, Donovan Frost. While the gold-miner had been a rather pleasant man to many in Nome, even his patience had limits. Selena could still remember the few times those limits had been tested – a few with her stepmother, Anastasia, but another had actually been against Malcolm when his son, Gavin, had first bullied Selena. The man had grown riled and even talked down the politician – it was almost like watching a lion on the attack, roaring and defending his cub…

But this wasn’t Donovan Frost… well, it was but it wasn’t… still, to hear that voice again – that Jonathan VanHohenheim still had it… it almost brought a smile to the young woman’s face, which the situation quickly dissuaded.

Despite the tone, Killjoy merely chuckled a little at Jonathan’s declaration, even daring to pluck a French-fry from his plate next, plopping it into her mouth. “Oh, you’re technically right. I’m Donovan Frost’s daughter. Bet you’re glad you lost all those memories, aren’t you?”

He was almost up and out of his seat and would have punched the woman in the face had it not been for Alejandra holding his arm and, thus, him in place. “Jonathan…” she whispered, her eyes turning to regard Killjoy. “I must admit –“ she held her breath a little. “You do look so much like Selena.”

“Hardly.” Deanna scoffed. “Selena’s eyes are much bluer and prettier and her-“
“The bias lovesick puppy aside.” Killjoy mocked, her eyes back on Alejandra. “I must admit… meeting you for the first time in person, I’m not sure what to feel, Mom.”

“You don’t?” Alejandra asked.

“I mean, on one hand – you’re you. My mom and all that. But, at the same time, if it hadn’t been for you, none of this would have happened.”

“Me?” the dark-skinned Alejandra’s eyes widened. “How did I-“

“Well, let’s see.” Killjoy looked up at the ceiling, as if to count with her fingers. “Coming into Donovan’s life, encouraging him to cheat on Anastasia – I mean, yeah that lead to me being born, but with defective genes clearly!”

“How can you-“ Alejandra tried.

“Because of the hole in my heart.” Killjoy shrugged. “I’ll wager it came from you. Or have you told the faker over there.” She tilted her head towards Selena. “About your own genetic issues in your family?”

Despite herself, Alejandra cast a worried glance to Selena, earning a smirk from Killjoy. “Oh…hit something there, didn’t I?”

“Mother?” Selena whispered, but Alejandra shook her head.
“Difficulties at birth have always been common in my family.” She admitted. “It’s too long a story to go any further.” Her eyes returned to Killjoy. “Why are you here now?”

“Yes.” Selena interrupted, taking charge to prevent any more pain to her parents from Killjoy’s words. “You clearly have been watching us still. Still looking for that ‘way to finish me off’?”

Killjoy’s eyes, sapphire in color – just like Selena’s – turned to her, but the Snow Queen pushed forward.

“Tell me something, Killjoy.” Selena whispered, so as not to get the attention of the staff. “Do you ever get tired of seeing your best plans fail?” she crossed her arms over her chest.

“I mean, let’s see…” Selena counted. “You tried to get Deanna and I to stay apart for over a decade with her in prison. Failed. You tried to scare Gavin from becoming mayor. Failed. You forced a deadline and threatened to kill Deanna if I didn’t comply. Failed. And your whole plan to have me ‘lose it all’ last month with Rise to Greatness so close? Yeah…looks like that failed to. And now this…”

Aggressively, Selena thrust the paper in front of Killjoy. “I’d say your ‘magic bullet’ or whatever you call it wasn’t as good a shot as you thought it was!”

Killjoy’s eyes scanned the paper, taking in the details, with Selena just waiting for those eyes to widen in surprise, for the monster to refute this test! To swear up and down that SHE was the real Selena Frost while Selena was a fraud!

None of that came.

Instead, Killjoy merely sat back in her chair, adjusting her leather jacket a little. “And I’d say you’ve worked very hard to fool yourself.” She smiled, clearly amused.

“Fool myself?” Selena asked, confusion gripping her. “How am I fooling myself? You lied. You said you were Alejandra’s and Donovan’s daughter, but you’re not. I am. This proves it.”

“Uh-huh.” Killjoy’s tongue clicked inside of her mouth. “That test proves you’re the daughter of the VanHohenheims, not Donovan Frost.” Reaching into her pocket, the woman pulled out a piece of paper, tossing it right at Selena, watching it bounce off the Snow Queen’s chest and onto the table. “THAT proves who the daughter of Donovan Frost is.”

Despite herself, Selena released Deanna’s hand and took it, unfolding it slowly. As she did, she saw the printed image in front of her, a sort of ‘scanned image’ printed on the computer paper. Reading, she recognized similar words and numbers on the paper – similar to hers. She also noticed the names at the top – “Atlas Scythe” under subject name, with a different blood type than hers: A negative.

“You took Malcolm’s name?”
“I took Rebecca’s name.” Killjoy replied darkly. “Not much of a choice really.”

The other names, under the ‘alleged father’ and ‘alleged mother’ read the names ‘Frost, Donovan’ and ‘Alden, Alejandra’ respectfully. Still, Selena continued to scan and, at the bottom, just like hers, the message read a 99.99999% confirmation of parentage. Desperately, Selena took it in, scanning every aspect until her eyes settled on one particular element.

“It’s fake.” She remarked, tossing the paper back to Killjoy.
“Oh, you think so?” Killjoy smiled, scooping the paper back up.
“Yes, I do.” Selena countered. “That test says it was taken in 2012.”
“I was curious.” Killjoy remarked. “I wanted to see if Malcolm’s words were true. So, I snuck into Nome and-“

“Nice try.” Selena interjected. “But that isn’t what I meant. Donovan Frost disappeared in the mines over ten years before that date! You couldn’t possibly perform a parentage test with him in 2012! Or my mother for that matter!”

Again, Selena’s eyes kept locked on Killjoy, now more desperately looking for any sign of surprise or confusion or- SOMETHING! – but again, the murderer seemed unfazed.

“So, you think that I’m lying?” Killjoy grinned, a chuckle in her voice. “That I’d pin everything on a test you could ‘disprove’ with one glance?” she tilted her head. “Is that how you work in SCW? That why everyone you work with thinks you’re a faker?” her eyes narrowed. “Cause they can see through you so easily?”

“You’re just deflecting.” Deanna stated defensively, coming to the aid of her wife. “The fact is Donovan Frost was nowhere near Nome by that date. He was with Alejandra in New Jersey.”

“True enough.” Killjoy shrugged. “But I didn’t really need either of them there to do a parentage test.”

“That doesn’t make sense.” Alejandra remarked.

“Tell me, Alejandra.” Killjoy returned her glare to her ‘mother’ slowly. “Do you remember Donovan saying anything about Anastasia’s inability to procreate?”

“Y-yes.” Alejandra answered after a few seconds. “I think so. Gods, it was so many years ago and…” her eyes suddenly widened, her dark eyes flying from Killjoy to Jonathan to Selena and back to Jonathan.

“Ah…” Killjoy smirked. “You figured it out.”

“What?” Jonathan asked, his temper barely in check. “What is she talking about, Alejandra?”

“Jonathan…” Alejandra tried, gazing up at her husband. “Back when you were in Nome and when we were friends but before I was exiled – your wife, Anastasia, couldn’t conceive… and Malcolm demanded an heir for his fortune and your fortune.”

“Okay.” Jonathan tried. “I know all this.”

“Right…” Alejandra bit her lip. “But you…Malcolm didn’t care about how he got an heir. He was ready to do anything. And you were so mad at him – you demanded that if he did anything, it had to be part of you, too.”

“Part of- what are you talking about?” Jonathan shook his head, still having no idea what his wife was telling her.

“I mean, you agreed to his ‘methods’ only if it was truly yours. Someone that carried your genes as a Frost. As in…” her eyes shot down for a split second but it was enough for Selena to put the pieces together.

“Artificial insemination.” She concluded, earning a nod from Alejandra.

“I…we both volunteered to donate…” she sighed. “It was the first tip-off to the Scythes and DeCarlos that there was more between us… Still, I couldn’t just let him do this alone.”

“Worthless at the time, it turns out.” Killjoy smirked. “But oh so useful decades later when I learned about them. And since the procedure was done with Malcolm’s signature and his ‘idea’, well… it was easy to get a small sample of whatever was there.” She held up the paper. “Care to reconsider your ‘secure ground’, faker.” She stressed the last word bitterly, causing Selena’s eyes to narrow.

“But then how am I ‘Atlas’?” Selena countered. “Even if what you say is true – I can’t be Atlas if I’m Jonathan’s daughter. Atlas was just supposed to just ‘look like me’.”

“Look like me.” Killjoy corrected.

“It still doesn’t make sense!” Selena spat. “Your whole argument is flawed because I’m not some ‘test subject’ or ‘trial subject’! I’m their daughter.” She gestured to Jonathan and Alejandra. “And you can’t explain it!”

“Oh, I can.” Killjoy shrugged. “Because it’s rather clear.” Her eyes turned to bore into Jonathan. “You’re NOT Donovan Frost.”

It was if the air was sucked out of the room, leaving Selena and the others stunned at such an accusation.

“You’re insane!” the statement came from Alejandra. “I knew Donovan Frost – everything about him. I… I loved him.” She pressed. “And when I found him again-“

“You found someone that looked like him with no memory of who he was…yeah.” Killjoy smirked. “Very convenient, isn’t it? I mean…that a man SURVIVED a mine collapse and, somehow, made his way from Nome to New Jersey on the ‘goodness’ of Malcolm FUCKING Scythe! Do you even hear yourself?”

The laugh that came from Killjoy seemed to stab at Alejandra, but it only infuriated Selena. To her right, Deanna could see how the Snow Queen’s hands were clenching and unclenching, just like Jonathan’s were. In fact, the redhead could spy the same glare and slightly-heavy breathing from both of them, similar mannerisms.

“Face it – all of you.” Killjoy eyed them. “All you have that Jonathan was Donovan Frost is your memories, Alejandra. All you have that she-“ she gestured to Selena. “Is Selena Frost is YOUR word. And it’s flimsy at best. This.” She held up the paper. “Proves who I am! Proves that I AM the daughter of Donovan Frost! The REAL Donovan Frost that died in the mines over twenty years ago.”

Despite herself, Selena turned her enraged gaze to her father – and her heart broke in her chest. She could see all the anger and color drain out of his face. His features were blank – it was all the same as it had been for her. That same look and paleness when Killjoy had declared Selena’s own identity was an entire lie.

The monster had just done it to her father! It didn’t matter if he was Donovan Frost or not! Jonathan VanHohenheim was HER father – a good man who didn’t deserve this!

Her hand moved fast, grabbing the large glass by her plate and thrusting it towards the unsuspecting Killjoy. The lemonade flew out of the glass and towards its intended target, splashing the fiend right in the face. Her eyes, for the last time, glared at the murderer, looking for any sign of anger or confusion-

And she got it in spades as Killjoy glared at the Snow Queen. “Truth hurts, doesn’t it.” The soaked woman spat.

“Not as much as you will if you don’t leave right now.” Threatened Selena. “It doesn’t matter who he is, MY father knows how to throw a punch as well as I can throw a kick.” To emphasize her point, Selena pushed herself out of her chair, rising to her feet. Just as she did, Deanna rose to hers, as did Jonathan and Alejandra, immediately causing Killjoy to leap out of her chair. The woman hadn’t even held her own against Selena and Deanna – now she was up against four.

“Hardly seems fair odds.” She tried, her eyes gazing to the exit.

“When have you EVER played fair?” Deanna countered. “You’re lucky you’re still standing right now, cause I’m ten seconds away-“
“I’m nine.” Alejandra stated.
“Eight.” Jonathan added.

“Seven…” Selena whispered. “Six…five…four…”

She finally saw Killjoy’s eyes widen, realizing what Selena was doing. “Three…two…”. With a surge of energy, Killjoy was out like a bolt, running out of the room and out of the pub before the waiters could even say anything – one of them rushing in to check what had happened.

Of course, the remaining family apologized for the commotion and spilled drink on the floor and even left a large tip to calm the staff. Even so, the expression of utter despair on Jonathan’s face did not change - so like Selena’s weeks ago. It became too much as he suddenly walked out of the pub to stand outside.

On instinct, Selena followed him, pushing the doors open to reach the outside, seeing her father leaning against the building that housed the hotel/pub building, the New York traffic filling their ears with noise.

“Father?” Selena asked, standing against the wall beside him, close enough to hear the escaping sigh.

“You know I hated not knowing who I was.” He admitted. “The fact that I couldn’t remember anything Alejandra told me. That you told me. But…even then…” another sigh. “It wasn’t so bad. Because the way you two told me those stories…. It made me…sort of… relive them, and-“ she could hear the tremble in his voice, the crack just barely there. “It made it seem real to me. That I could have been this amazing man named Donovan Frost.”

“You are.” Selena insisted. “Don’t let what she said-“

“How can I not?” Jonathan laughed bitterly. “She was right. All you and I have are some words and ‘memories’. I LOOK like your father – like Alejandra’s old boyfriend. But what if I’m not?” he turned his gaze towards her. “What if ‘looking the part’ is all I am?”

She could see the internal storm in his eyes – one she was beyond familiar with – before he turned his head to observe the cars whizzing down the streets. Some were even honking their horns loudly in impatience.

“What was it you said to me?” Selena whispered, regaining the attention of her father. “When I was uncertain of who I was – when I let Killjoy’s words get to me?” When Jonathan couldn’t give her an answer, she provided one. “You said it didn’t matter in the end if I’m Selena Frost or not – that I’m still your daughter. Well…” she gazed up at his sad expression. “It doesn’t matter if you’re Donovan Frost or not. You are my father.”

“But it does matter.” Jonathan gave a sad, but knowing, chuckle. “It matters to you.”

They were silent for a moment, neither able to find the right words at first. “Killjoy used some old sample of him…” her voice was barely a whisper. “But…I knew Donovan Frost, too.” She sighed. “How he got mad – it always started with him tightening his fists until they turned white. I do that too.” A small smile crossed her features. “How he always ate his sandwiches crust first. I refuse to do that. Never understood it. How he couldn’t sing a note to save his life.”

“Your mother says I can.” Jonathan shook his head.

“Well, that bonk on the head wasn’t all bad then.” Selena tried to joke, though it clearly fell flat. “Point is – I have over a decade of knowing who ‘Donovan Frost’ was… and-“ her eyes returned to gaze at her biological father. “No matter who you were before you lost your memory, he would have liked who you are now and would have gratefully shook your hand for looking after me – for always being there for me. For… for being my father. Because….” She felt a slight choke in her voice, her emotions threatening to overtake her. “Because I am.”

There was only a second of time passing before two broad arms wrapped around Selena’s smaller frame, the lithe Snow Queen embraced by the emotionally-struggling Jonathan. On instinct, her arms wrapped around his waist, hugging tightly.

“I am REALLY starting to have enough of that woman showing up and causing shit.” He whispered after a few moments, earning a laugh from Selena as she spotted Alejandra and Deanna emerge from The Shakespeare pub, the two women immediately spying the father-daughter pair. “I mean, I REALLY have had enough of her. I don’t know what Donovan would have done, but my god…”

Selena silently nodded her head in understanding before leaning away from the embrace just in time to catch Deanna’s hand as it reached out to hers, taking it gently. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Alejandra do the same for Jonathan, his troubled expression returned at the sight of his wife.

“I married you.” She whispered to him gently. “Because I love you. And I’m never going to regret that for as long as I live – maybe longer.” Emboldened by her own words, Alejandra was up on her tiptoes, kissing Jonathan’s cheek.

It was a short/quiet exchange, but it caused Selena to turn her head to observe her wife’s waiting gaze. “Oh, are you waiting for something?” she teased.

“Maybe…” Deanna played back, biting her lower lip in a smile, though the concern for her beloved was clearly in her voice.
“Maybe indeed.” Selena smiled back, leaning down to kiss her wife’s forehead gently. “Maybe I love you.” She whispered, their affectionate phrase reaching Deanna’s ears.

“Maybe I love you.” Deanna replied without hesitating, cupping her wife’s face to kiss her cheek like Alejandra had for done for Jonathan a second ago. “But I agree with Jonathan.”

“We all do.” Alejandra sighed. “Even if she’s right – she’s still my daughter. But…” Alejandra shook her head. “I can’t just forgive her because of that.”

“No one expects you too.” Jonathan assured her. “She needs to be held accountable for what she’s done. Regardless of the motivations and who she is.”

The four agreed to that. No matter what the truth, how they all fit together in each other’s lives, biologically/family-tree or otherwise, that was one of the few certainties from all of this.

Killjoy, regardless of who she was, could not be absolved. More than that… and Selena knew this down to her core…

Killjoy needed to be stopped.
Project: Black Ice

”Like mother, Like daughter…”

PS 290 The Manhattan New School
Manhattan, New York
July 11th, 2022
3:26pm

Selena released another long exhale of breath through her nose as she sat in her Jeep Liberty van, her hands tightening and relaxing their grip on the steering wheel as it remained parked in the parking lot of the public school. She was surrounded by several other vehicles, some of the owners also staying within their cooled cars (it was rather warm outside today) and others already standing outside them, eyes on the medium-sized doors that lead in and out of the school.

For the Snow Queen, she felt a little guilty having her jeep in idle with the AC cranked as high as possible, a cold breeze blasting into the space (thankfully the vehicle was large enough to keep her claustrophobia from flaring up), but she needed the pick-me up that the cold always managed to bring her. She already knew that she was going to take one of her lovely ‘Snow Queen baths’, as Deanna referred to them, where Selena would, literally, fill her tub with the coldest water AND at least two full bags of ice-cubes she kept in the freezer in the basement – after she picked up the children.

It felt strange to be here at the kids’ school in July, when classes had ended about two weeks ago for the summer. Still, all the students had been invited to attend the ‘celebratory graduation’ of the grade 5s as those students moved onto elementary school. It was a fun way for returning students to say goodbye to friends and for new/prospective students to be introduced to the school by teachers, staff, and volunteers. Plus, it had given Selena some free time to do her grocery shopping for the family – the platinum-blonde turned her head to gaze at the various bags of food (cereal, soup, tuna, etc.) placed in the back trunk of the van.

She needed the distraction – as she was sure her wife, Deanna, did. While the redhead was still bothered from losing the Television title to ‘Where’s the Beef?’ of the Brand – in a way that still made both Frost women irritated (more interference and more disgraceful methods that marred the integrity of the titles), neither woman had had much time to ‘settle’ on the matter beyond a kind pow-wow that had kept Deanna focused on the present and the future – one that saw the younger Frost wife challenge for the Underground Championship in the main-event of the RTG pre-show. There would be other chances for Deanna to ‘make things right’ for the TV title, but the bigger issue for the emerald-eyed woman was Kimberly Williams.

For herself, Selena was glad that SCW had been kind enough to give Deanna a match for RTG right away. Many other superstars, big names like Glory Braddock, Ravyn Taylor, and even Cid Turner didn’t even have matches on either RTG show, so for Deanna to have one meant she could focus and not let her mind wander too far.

Neither of them had wanted to think about Killjoy at this point…

The woman had invaded their lives too many times and now seemed hellbent on discrediting every element of Selena’s history – not just her validity as a Frost but whether Jonathan VanHohenheim was really Donovan Frost. Selena shook her head at that thought. It was beyond ridiculous! Killjoy was clutching at straws at this point. It made more sense for the Snow Queen to believe that the murderer had forged that parentage test that stated she was the daughter of Donovan Frost and Alejandra Alden (Selena’s biological parents, she was sure). Photoshop could easily do that.

It was the ‘conclusion’ that Deanna and Selena, as well as Jonathan and Alejandra, had inevitably drawn. They didn’t want to see Killjoy as related to them. They couldn’t. Killjoy was a monster – a murderer and a destroyer of lives. She was an enemy to so many, than more than them and, as it had been pointed out, needed to be stopped.

Seeing the digital clock read “3:30pm” on her dashboard, Selena took a deep breath and turned off her car engine entirely, quickly opening and closing the door as she let herself out of the jeep to keep as much of the cool air in as possible.

Stepping out, she felt the slight humidity in the air and the warm temperature, making her grateful for the dark-blue, flower and leaves decorated summer dress that flowed down her form. Reaching up, she pushed her hair behind her ears as she spied the doors to the school opening, several children rushing out to the parking lot. Several of them held balloons that floated above them and others held, what Selena could only describe as, ‘goodie-bags’ – some children had both. The party must have gone well…

She smiled at the thought, grateful that her children could have such moments of happiness and joy – moments to just be children. Amiliah was still too young for such things, staying at home with Deanna presently, but David and Elsianna were already in school and only had a few months to really enjoy the summer.

It was, selfishly, one of the reasons Selena loved the RTG season. Yes, it ended in July, a month into their ‘summer time’, but with its ‘month-long break’ in August before launching into a new season, it left a month for Selena not to be ‘the world champion’ or ‘The Face of SCW’ or even a wrestler – but to be a mom and a wife. And with the pressures on her for this upcoming Rise to Greatness, on her delivering another “Unbelievable Main Event”, she would be lying if she said she wasn’t looking forward to that vacation.

The noise of the children leaving grew louder as more left the school, eagerly rushing towards their parents to tell them of “all the fun” they had had. Patiently, Selena stood in front of her vehicle, eyes scanning the crowd for any sign of her children – using Elsianna’s hair color (much like her own) as a sory of ‘tell’.

It made spying her leaving the school with her little brother, David, all the easier. The nearly nine-year-old was all smiles as she held David’s hand with one hand, chattering away to the woman that held her other… and Selena felt her heart stop as she spied the adult guiding the children out of the school.

Because all she saw was herself! The woman with her hands on SELENA’S children looked exactly like her, from the hair to the leather jacket and blue jeans she wore. She even had her hair in Selena’s iconic braid, which bothered the young wrestler more than she cared to admit, but that temporary feeling was quashed by the motherly-nature that surged through her at the sight of her children with that woman.

Immediately, she was marching across the parking lot, almost running. She barely had time to register her daughter’s words in speaking to the other woman – something about bobbing for apples or something – before taking Elsianna’s gloved hand and ripping it from the other woman’s grasp. While the adult and Elsianna and David jerked their heads to turn at Selena, only Elsianna and David gave any sign of shock.

“Wha…Mo-mother?” Elsianna asked, her head twisting between the woman she had just spoken to and Selena. “How…How are you doing that?”

“Whoa…” David gasped, his head also jerking left to right, unable to fully comprehend what he was seeing in front of him.

"Elsianna…” Selena whispered coldly, pulling Elsianna’s hand and, thus, her and David, behind her. “Go to the van and get inside. You know the code to the doors?”
“Yes, but…”
“Do as I say.” The Snow Queen used her coldest, most serious tone, her sapphire eyes shooting to her children, causing Elsa to nod her head quickly.

Without another word, the oldest Frost child pulled her little brother away and towards the jeep, the young boy mocking as they walked. “You’re in trouble! You’re in trouble!”. It wasn’t until his voice faded and Selena could see them get into the passenger seats of the vehicle that she turned back to face the imposter before her.

“You’ve gone too far.” She spat angrily, her tone flat.

“No such thing.” Grinned Killjoy, crossing her arms over her chest. “I was trying out motherhood for a bit. You did it for a few years right? With your Snow Child?” she mocked.

“No.” Selena glared. “This is not some fucking game. You deal with me, you deal with me. You leave my children out of this!” she ordered, her anger allowing her to dare poke Killjoy in the shoulder. “You can claim my name all you want, but they are Deanna’s and mine.”

“You sure?” Killjoy teased. “Maybe it wasn’t your eggs that were frozen in that hospital back in Nome. Maybe it was mine. Maybe I had Deanna impregnated with a fertilized egg from Castle and myself while she was unconscious in the bar. Maybe Elsianna-“

The woman was clearly mocking Selena, based on how she had fucked with Jonathan’s head a week ago, displaying her ‘ease’ at conspiracies and her intelligence at twisting even the most obvious facts to cast doubt and uncertainty.

“Fuck you.” Selena whispered under her breath. “I am done with you.”

“Oh…” Killjoy’s eyes grew a little wide. “Are you?”

“Yes.” Selena huffed. “I am done with you. This is over. You’ve lost and you know it. I don’t care what games you’re playing. I don’t care what ‘plans’ you still have. If I see you again, I will call the police and I’ll ensure you spend the next decade in prison! I don’t care where.”

“Oh please…” laughed Killjoy as she leaned against one of the nearby stone pillars that held up the school. “We both know that if you were capable of that, you’d have done it over a year ago.”

“Don’t test me.” Selena’s sapphire eyes narrowed.
“Why not?” Killjoy fired back. “I’ve got time. I could keep this ‘haunting’ up for a good two, maybe three or four more years! Every PTA, every field-trip, every time you leave them at home… maybe their mother catches an ‘earlier flight’ or ‘decides to take a sick day or personal day’. Maybe you ‘miss your flight’ or maybe there’s an ‘emergency’ at home that causes Mrs. Frost to collect her children.”

The wicked grin showed up across Killjoy’s face. “You know how many people picked me out as ‘not you’? Zero!” she laughed. “Everyone thought that I was you…even your own children. So, any time, I could just…” she gestured with her fingers, indicating her implication of ‘dropping into’ the children’s lives.

It was terrifying and shook Selena down to her core, the ease at which Killjoy could just ‘step into’ her life and no, except maybe Deanna, could possibly know.

“Let’s face it, faker.” Killjoy whispered. “We both know there’s only one way to end this now. And you’re too much of a coward to take it. So I will continue until you-“

“Where?”

The question actually managed to catch Killjoy off-guard, the woman’s mouth hanging open as she regarded Selena. “What?”

“You’re right.” Selena whispered darkly. “You’ve always been right. There’s only one way this can end.” She lifted her head to eye Killjoy. “There can be only one Selena Frost…” she breathed. “So where and when?”

“Seriously?” Killjoy smirked. “You’re ready to jump to the ending like this? I WAS ready to let the next few years run their course-“

“Either tell me where and when we can settle this…or I’ll take care of you when you’re NOT seeing it coming.”
“Ha! I’d like to see you-“
“Try me.”

The threat from Selena’s voice, cold and precise, was enough to give Killjoy pause. “Fine.” Killjoy smiled. “Let’s get to that finish line.” She smirked. “You understand that this won’t stop-“

“Until one of us is dead.” Selena finished. “I get it. Where and when?”

“I think you know.” Killjoy replied. “As for when?” she smiled. “Let’s say a week from your BIG ‘UNBEEEREVABLE’ main-event.” She added mockingly. “So, you can know that you let everyone, from your family to SCW, down.”

Selena took a slow breath before giving a nod of her head. “Midnight.” She stated.

“I must admit…I’m going to miss you when you’re gone.” Killjoy laughed. “If it’s any consolation, I promise that I’ll enjoy killing you.”

“And if it’s any consolation…” Selena breathed slowly. “I won’t miss you when you’re gone…” she eyed Killjoy coldly. “Faker.

Despite Killjoy’s efforts, Selena saw the flash of anger at the monster’s own insult thrown right back in her face. Spinning on her foot, Selena marched away and back to her jeep. She said very little to the children, except to maybe explain that the woman was not some ‘mad clone’ as David believed – that boy and his comics – and that everything would be alright.

If nothing else, it was the one thing she was sure of from all of this. Whether she’d be around to see that be proven true… was a far less certainty.

The Royal Letter

Dear Ravyn,

Normally, I would address a Royal Letter to the SCW Universe first, but they already know what they are in for, don’t they? And I’m not so sure you do, Ravyn…

See, with the SCW Universe, they know the kind of main-event that awaits them. I mean, what else is to be expected by “Selena Frost vs. Ravyn Taylor” but the main-event of Breakdown? Two former world champions – one currently said champion – and with all the history between us, I don’t need to state how incredible such a match is going to be. That’s what your name and my name state at this point – what our names linked together creates. Just saying those names – what it guarantees in SCW.

At least, I’d like to believe that is the case. But, given said history, we both know that you don’t give much of a damn about ‘standards’ and ‘expectations’, do you? If I were to say my words about ‘integrity’ and ‘the standard of SCW’, you’d just laugh in my face, wouldn’t you? Because let’s not kid ourselves, Ravyn, I know I’m not facing the woman I beat six years ago at the finals of the Best of the Best Tournament: the woman that believed such words and wanted to prove she was the best and prove she was the top star in SCW. Part of me wishes I could face that woman – to have this be a competition of skill and ability that exemplified the standard of competition and integrity in SCW.

But that is wishful thinking. That Ravyn wouldn’t have conjured up some ‘Uncle Roy’ to try and destroy a friendship. That woman wouldn’t have ripped a tag-team apart over some twisted game of hers. No, if your vile actions last week towards Dillusion were any further indication, I know that I am facing the woman that cowardly chose a DQ loss to me years ago at Apocalypse rather than the ‘risk’ of losing clean to me again. I know I’m facing the woman that takes delight in messing with people’s lives. With playing mind-games to torment and belittle her opponents. A woman who’d cowardly choose whichever path allowed her to ‘save face’ and ‘look strong’ over being honest and, dare I say, flawed. Quite simply, I’m facing the smartest woman in SCW – and there isn’t a soul in SCW who would be able to refute that.

But that’s exactly who I want to face!

Because my path hasn’t been the “Integrity” or “honorable wrestling’ path that I have wanted heading into Rise to Greatness, has it? Yes, I’ve retained this title and wrestled using both of those things, but you know, as well as I do, that Adam Allocco has made that path relatively difficult to follow in terms of the build to Rise to Greatness. That he’s made this be far from a ‘match about competition and being the best in SCW’. From the crap he pulled on Deanna with that ‘sliver of his playbook’ and ‘four moves of doom’ to coming in to help me when Josh Hudson attacked me, even his promo work across the board has served one purpose.

He's playing with me. He’s trying to mess with me on a cerebral level.

And here’s the thing, Ravyn. I’ve dealt with such people before in my past. Vixen Cain, Xander Valentine, hell the entire Brand just in this year alone! People that used mind games to try and make me lose a step – make me lose focus or doubt myself. People that threw campaigns, parodies, TEDtalks, and warped commercials to make me seem like some kind of fraud, faker and villain – shades of what you and the rest of Infamous started years ago. But the thing is, I’ve always just blocked it out. I’ve always just tried to ignore it and power on through. To allow my actions to speak louder than THEIR words.

But this? This is Rise to Greatness we are headed to! This is Adam Allocco at his most dangerous. Using games inside the ring and outside it. And I don’t want to be like him, Ravyn. I don’t want to just ‘say’ I’m going to be ready. I don’t want to hide it behind select moves or with games. I don’t want to hide who I am or what I can do. I want to prove it! I want to feel it in every part of me. I want to make every person in the SCW Universe believe it – believe that Selena Frost is firing on all cylinders and is ready for the second Unbelievable Main Event!

I proved I could get it done as a wrestler against Owen Lee a few weeks ago. While Adam fought a still learning Deanna, I took on a former World Champion – one that beat his son and took the world title from him. And while he may be fighting a very game Holly Adams – I am fighting you. A former world champion, a Hall of Famer, and an icon!

More than that, Ravyn, unlike Adam, I am fighting someone that is like him in so many ways. A mastermind. A tactician. A person that would have done so much of what he’s done if they were in his position. So, while you may have a dozen or so reasons to want this match – distraction from Nicole/Luna or a plan to get to her, a chance to be brought back into the world title picture, or just to stick it to me because you don’t like me and it’s fun, I have one reason of my own, but it is the reason why I NEED this match.

I need to beat you and your mind games. I need to beat you and your ‘strategies’. I need to be able to overcome whatever plans or ‘escapes’ you have and fight for the one thing you don’t want me to get over you again: a true, clean victory.

In short, Ravyn, I need to show Adam Allocco where ‘mind-games’ will get him at Rise to Greatness by beating the one person that may be smarter than him. One person that may still be as manipulative as him, if not more so. And that is you.

Because with you? I know I’ll get cheap shots. I know I’ll get bending of rules like Adam pulled against Josh Hudson. I know I’ll get mocking and warped narratives. I know I’ll get mind-games – and above all that, I know I’ll get the rest of Infamous breathing down my neck the second things start falling apart for you.

And I need to overcome it all. I need to beat it – not just beat it – I need to emphatically defeat it! Because I am done letting Allocco think he is calling the shots and making the rules as he goes. I am done with listening to his arrogance about being ‘a step ahead’ or ‘setting the pace’ on the road to Rise to Greatness. Tonight? Selena Frost and the SCW world championship are going to charge ahead and make the CHALLENGER understand his ‘path’, his ‘plan’, is about as shaky as Nicole Kinneck’s personality control!

So, Ravyn, bring me everything you have – every trick and mind-game you can conjure up. Challenge me. Let me show the SCW Universe how ready I am to take on all aspects of Adam Allocco. And let me show you the difference a few years can make.

Because tonight won’t end on your terms like last time, Ravyn. Just like it won’t end on the terms of Adam Allocco. No, tonight is going to end on SCW’s terms. On the terms of the new standard. On the terms of integrity.

Tonight, Ravyn, finally, you facing me will end on MY terms this time – whether you want them to or not.

Believe it!