Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Gimmick Battle Royal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gimmick Battle Royal

**Have some fun and bring back a past character who has been in SCW for a cup of coffee (or maybe longer) and toss them in. Roleplays will be short - no more than 1000 words. This is meant to be fun and just something different.
Rise to Greatness XIX

1 RP Limit; 1000 words
Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, July 30, 2022
The scene rises up inside a knock-off Food Network kitchen. There is a giant stock pot set upon the large burner of a stove and canned, public domain music playing over. The bubbling brew may not appear that appetizing to the naked eye, but I can assure you that the naked nose doesn't feel much better about it. But that doesn't matter... because the ripples around the bubbles herald the arrival of a man who is larger than life... larger than his stature may be able to maintain - former SCW superstar...

"Are you ready to be buff..."

A studio audience bellows out... "BUFF LIKE SLOTH!"

Yes, the man of 1000 pounds - only half of which are metaphors - Sloth lumbers into the scene. He walks over to his pot clad in an undersized Sloth apron and a chef's had resting upon his bulbous head.

"That's right... and with the brand new formula of our massive hit SLOTH BROTH, you too can become BUFF LIKE SLOTH!"

The audience politely applauds.

"And right now, to celebrate the inclusion of me, SLOTH, in the Rise to Greatness Gimmick Battle Royal, we are going to send everyone who orders that show with the code BUFFLIKESLOTH..."

*BUFFLIKESLOTH* begins to flash on the screen.

"...a FREE SAMPLE of RTG SLOTH BROTH, so you too can become BUFF..."

The audience again finishes the quote... "BUFF LIKE SLOTH!"

The scene shifts to a marketing phone number to order your own Sloth Broth, available in Keg, Oil Drum, and new Pallet sizes! Free samples to come in Paint Can sizes. Order now before supplies run out!

©BUFFLIKESLOTH Enterprises, 2022
The pepper pot shaped death machine rolls into the view of the camera. It squirts hot sauce of its “laser cannon” while shouting at the top of its electronic lungs, assuming this annoying creature even has lungs. Yes, this is Dalek. Kimberly’s trusty friend.

Dalek: EXTERMINATE!

The evil creature rolls to a stop in the center of the camera view. It turns so that its eyestalk and plunger face the camera.

Dalek: I AM THE DALEK! I AM ENTERING THE GIMMICK BATTLE ROYAL AT RISE TO GREATNESS ON BEHALF OF KIMBERLY WILLIAMS AND THE DALEK EMPIRE! I SHALL EXTERMINATE ANY AND ALL HUMAN FLESH CREATURES WHO GET IN MY PATH! I SHALL BE VICTORIOUS! VICTORY FOR THE DALEKS! VICTORY FOR THE DALEKS! VICTORY FOR THE DALEKS!

It squirts hot sauce.

Dalek: BUT WHY WOULD I, A DALEK, WISH TO WIN A BATTLE ROYAL? THE LOGIC IS QUITE SIMPLE, EVEN FOR A HUMAN FLESH CREATURE WITH A FEEBLE MIND LIKE YOURSELF! EVEN THE PATHETIC ONE KNOWN AS HAIRLESS PENGUIN AND DANCING BEAR CAN UNDERSTAND! KENNEDY STREET PROVED TO BE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO THE DALEK EMPIRE! NOW I SEEK NEW FEMALE COMPANIONSHIP! MISTRESS KIMBERLY WILLIAMS INFORMED ME THAT HUMAN FEMALES ARE…”TURNED ON” BY INDIVIDUALS WHO WIN THESE COMBAT SPORTS! WHEN I AM FINISHED EXTERMINATING THE COMPETITION, THE HUMAN FEMALES OF PLANET EARTH WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESIST MY MANLY CHARM! THEY WILL BEG AND PLEAD FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO SLEEP WITH THE DALEK! ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP FOR THE DALEKS!

Again it sprays hot sauce out of its laser cannon.

Dalek: EXTERMINATE!
A black haired thin and wiry, wild eyed looking man in a flashy purple suit and orange silk button up shirt steps into the scene from the left. A smug, cocky grin is etched across his face that is full of a week old unclean and unkept beard. The SCW universe may not recognize him at first but they have seen him before. Upon closer inspection this is The Most Loved Man On The Planet, The Emperor of Entrepreneurship, Captain Capitalism, Master Media Mogul, Saint Levi, Your Righteous Savior, The Titan of Twitter, The Sultan of Social Media, The Nova Wonder Killer, The Maharaja of Marketing, The Franciscan Friar of Flash, and as of now, The Ayatollah of Rise To Greatness, The Man of a Thousand Nicknames himself, Leviticus.

“The Lord called to Moses and spoke to him from the tent of meeting. He said, Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When anyone among you brings an offering to the Lord, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock. If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, you are to offer a male without defect. You must present it at the entrance to the tent of meeting so that it will be acceptable to the Lord. You are to lay your hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on your behalf to make atonement for you. You are to slaughter the young bull before the Lord.”

The Sultan of Social Media chuckles softly under his breath. “The Book of Leviticus chapter 1 verses 1 through five.” St. Levi runs his hand through his disheveled black hair. “I may look a little different now from when you good people last cast your unworthy eyes upon yours truly. I actually have a head full of gloriously glorious hair! My fashion sense is top notch thanks to some Fabulous ladies I work with now!” The Nova Wonder Killer winks at the camera. “But most importantly, inside the squared circle, I am a far more dangerous competitor than I was before. So in case the new look and new presentation may fool you, allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Levi Timothy Craig, better known to you plebians as “The Man of a Thousand Nicknames” Leviticus!”

The Ayatollah of Rise To Greatness takes a bow. “I am back! Your celebration may begin now and may continue on through my official return at Rise To Greatness. See, I heard through the grapevine…the grapevine being Kimberly Williams told her half-sister Jessica Lasiewicz, and Jessica, who happens to be client, told me…that SCW Rise To Greatness would play host to a gimmick battle royal. Well come on, can you really have a gimmick battle royal without The Maharajah of Marketing? I know gimmicks. I know that a good gimmick is all about marketing. And hell, when it comes to this gimmick battle royal and Rise To Greatness, I could have marketed the hell out of this son of a bitch!”

“Rise To Greatness: The Movie!”

“I Survived Being Bullied by Selena Frost: A Story about an STD, a docu-series starring Gary Buesey as Selena Frost and Adam Sandlers are an STD.”

“I was even in discussions with Discovery Channel to have your stupid GM Shaun Cruze appear on Shark Week. We would toss him into a pool of hungry Great White Sharks with no cage. We would fetch the body out later.” Captain Capitalism shrugs his shoulders. “Ok, so I admit, I see why Discovery didn’t go with that last idea, but it was Kim’s idea and she made me pitch it. But I am a man of vision! So many great ideas for this great show! Cid Turner: The Toilet Paper! Wipe your ass with Cidnay’s face every time you take a dump! Nicole Kinneck: The Video Game! But did SCW listen to any of my ideas?” The Emperor of Entrepreneurship shakes his head.

“No, they ignored me. Hell, I had to find out about this battle royal through second hand knowledge! But hey, I get it! The Franciscan Friar of Flash understands the deal! I haven’t always been as serious a competitor as some of these other losers you have working for you! Like the penguin and the bear, your reigning tag team champions. Those are certainly some serious fighters, eh? You have an idiot manager running around with a dog as her lawyer?” The Master Media Mogul rolls his eyes. “But you don’t take ME seriously?” He chuckles softly.

“Well I am coming to Rise To Greatness. The Most Loved Man on the Planet will enter the gimmick battle royal and just like the Lord says in The Book of Leviticus, it shall be my duty to slaughter the bull! Hell, I’ll slaughter anyone who gets in my path! And I will win the battle royal and make sure that no one ever doubts me again.” St. Levi winks at the camera. “And when I win! WHEN I WIN! It will be Leviticus THE MOVIE! Leviticus THE VIDEO GAME! Leviticus THE TOILET PAPER!” He pauses and sighs. “Ok, maybe not that last one…but you get the picture!”
November 7th, 2021

Under Attack
Elimination Chamber Match for the SCW Adrenaline Championship

“Ricky brings himself up, holding the back of his head. Both Ace and Holly spring up and run at him, Holly leaping up for the Blonde Ambition and Ace jumping at the same time for the One-Eyed Royal! The crowd ohs before roaring as Ricky’s head is sandwiched between Ace and Holly’s knees! Ricky falls limp to the mat as Lexy shrieks with glee from inside Ace’s closed pod. Ace goes to cover Ricky, but Holly violently pushes him, making him fall back into the ropes. Holly falls on top of Ricky, making the cover while kicking her legs excitedly. 1! 2! 3! Ricky James has been eliminated!”

That was the last time anyone had seen or heard from Ricky James. The actual Ricky James. Not the unknown, masked, bleach-blonde haired “stunt double” Rudy Powell has been parading out week after week. It had been 8 long months since Ricky James was spotted on SCW programming. Rudy Powell gave fans a glimmer of hope, but to everyone’s disappointment, this was yet another ruse from the sleazy, sweaty attorney. The fans got “Ricky James” back, but he wasn’t what they wanted. They wanted the Ricky James who was finally beginning to see through all the manipulation in his life. The Ricky James who was starting to figure out who he really was. The Ricky James who was launching his own path through SCW.

Sure, Ricky took a slight detour going into Under Attack. Feeling lost, he swallowed his pride and decided to give Rudy Powell a chance. As we saw at Under Attack, Ricky did not make the right decision. With the reemergence of Rudy Powell over the last several weeks, it has become apparent to everyone that Ricky and Rudy went their separate ways after Under Attack.

Rudy, determined to continue to make a living off the hard work of others, developed a plan to once again take advantage of the vulnerable Ricky James. Rudy purchased the rights to the “Ricky James” trademark and has continued to carry on the charade that “Ricky James” is once again an active competitor. Week after week, the SCW has seen Rudy trot out this fake “Ricky James” to destroy local talent. The SCW wondered where the real Ricky James was. Was he watching? Was he aware of what was going on? Did he even care?

Some of those questions were answered on the latest episode of Breakdown, when the real Ricky James returned briefly to confront Rudy Powell and fake Ricky, before being thrown out of the building by security. We now know Ricky has been watching. We know Ricky isn’t happy about what has been going on. The question is - what’s next?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undisclosed Location
Pre-recorded video

A man sits backwards in a chair with his arms draped over the back, his head buried in his hands. After a few silent moments, he sighs and drops his hands. We can see this is the real Ricky James. Ricky looks a bit distraught, but otherwise looks the same as he had looked the last time he wrestled back in November. He takes a deep breath before looking into the camera.

Ricky: You all know who I am. I can’t legally say it on this video, but you know who I am. You’ve all seen what Rudy Powell has done to me over the past few months. I’ve been watching myself. This goes back further than that. This goes all the way back to Under Attack. There is a long story to tell. That’s for another day, though. Right now I have one focus. I need to take back what is rightfully mine. 

Ricky takes another deep breath and looks around before turning his attention back to the audience of the video.

Ricky: My quest to regain what has been stolen from me has already begun. I can’t say much more. But I can make you all two promises. You all will see me again this week on Breakdown. And more importantly, I WILL be at Rise to Greatness. 

Ricky stares sternly into the camera as the video slowly fades out.
"I was once a superstar."

It seems so long ago. A lifetime ago, witnessed and experienced by a whole other person. I was just the guy left over in the wake of some semblance of fame. I was younger then. I wasn't that guy anymore. Fans from that era don't exactly recognize me much anymore. I feel like I've just kind of been lost to time.

"So you've said, a hundred times."

Tom made me sad. Was I that annoying? My resume had SCW Wrestler at the top. From there I became a stripper. I was now in my third and second longest running profession. I am not actually sure what my job title is here. I move boxes and clean up my area when it gets messy. Then I serve coffee. Am I a barista? I don't know. It was a coffee joint, with a name no one not in the area would know. I wasn't even good enough to work at Starbucks. Those guys would have been the kings of my newfound profession.

That's a joke I guess. Always comparing everything in the world and putting them on these tiers, that was just what being a wrestler was like. Going from that life back into the real world was cruel in so many ways. I was never really particularly smart to begin with.

Off in the distance I hear a cup dropping. I've developed a radar for this. The cup dropping was immediately followed by a man cursing and yelling in pain before being followed by the whimpering of a man suffering from one-hundred and ten-degree burns.

"Okay superstar, you're up."

You know what? Fuck you, Tom. You don't understand. You weren't a wrestler. You've probably always worked in this Godforsaken place. The fact you're seventeen and my boss is ridiculous.

"You got it, dude!" I say while trying to brush off that resentment. I was better than that. I can't be consumed by my anger. I can't let negative vibes take me. They always took me to dark places. I had battled my demons before and won but they could always return.

Stepping up to the man who was shaking and wiping away at his crotch and gut where I guess he dropped his cup. I felt comfortable in my assumption, they looked drenched. What if he peed himself though? I don't feel that comfortable. I'd keep a short distance.

"Hey dude, need help?"

"Why is it so damn hot? I- No- No just-"

He continued wiping furiously with what looked to be a napkin and the back of his hand. I don't think that was a very effective technique but more power to him. He probably knew better than I did. Small footsteps approached from behind us. I peered back at a girl stepping over to the man.

"Are you okay? Did you- Oh wow. Dad, you're going to need more napkins-"

I started zoning them out at this point as I felt a vibration in my pocket. Pulling out my cellphone it looked to be a text from an unknown number. Usually that meant some Indian dude was going to ask me to go get a google play card or something to that extent. I don't know why, scammers just love pestering me.

Opening the text I figured maybe it was the doctor. Maybe it was Starbucks finally calling me back about my application.

I stared down awkwardly as it was becoming apparent it was from SCW. I mean it had to be from a person, the company itself wasn't a living entity that could communicate with me, could it?

"Excuse me, sir? Do you have more paper-"

Blinking awkwardly, I turn to the girl and nod before stripping off my shirt and handing it to her. She looks down at it awkwardly before staring back at me with a blank expression.

"We're always short, here, use that."

I could feel my heart beating harder as she just kept staring at me. Oh no, did I do something stupid again? This is why I needed counseling and assistance. feeling weird I step away and head back toward the counter while peering at my phone.

"Kevin- Why are you shirtless again? Seriously what-"

I stare blankly at the text as the words slowly began sinking in. I wanted to. I could feel it. I've always felt it. For a moment the generic music playing in the background faded. I read the words over and over. Some Rise to Greatness Battle Royal. All former stars were invited.

"Tom, do you believe in divine signs?"

"In what? You can't strip in front of the customers. I don't care how hot you think you are."

"You're a good man but you don't have to lie. I am old and nowhere near as handsome as I once was."

"Okay? Did you pick up my main point on that one?"

"
I feel like this is a sign. From God. Something cosmic. Maybe I am just crazy and want it to be. I am scared though. I feel like I am out of shape."

"
I- Okay, I don't care. Your abs have abs. it's ridiculous. You're not listening to me though, are you?"

"I've trained. So damn hard. Fantasizing. Wishing. Wanting it to be. I could be better. With everything Alex and Ninja and Cid ever taught me-"

"You know what? You're fired. I can't deal with your drug fueled rants."

"Drugs? No thank you."

It took a second to realize it.

"Did you just- Tom. I apologize friend. I never respected you because of your age but with you releasing me from our shared prison you are confirming that sinking feeling I had in this. This is a sign, a divine sign, the cosmos is calling."

Reaching over I hug my former boss. He pulls away and acts disgusted. Such a good man and a joker. Turning I see the young woman I gave my shirt to stepping up. She looks down at me sheepishly.

"Here Sir, you probably need this."

Looking down at the shirt she was presenting, it appeared a phone number had somehow been smeared on from the coffee over the front of it. Whatever. Shrugging I take it and toss it over into the trash.

"Thank you but no. I am afraid I am not a coffee maker anymore. From this day forward? I am going back to being a superstar."
“The following advertisement is paid for by someone is totally NOT Kimberly Williams pretending to be Marie Jones! Absolutely not! She would never do that, even though she did once do that before…ok twice she did it…ok, several times…but nope, never again, and not just to enter a battle royal and hopefully try to set a record for most matches participated in at one single Rise To Greatness event.”

“Did you get all that? Good. Now pay attention!”

Gold sparked fall…it is almost like static on a television set but only gold and glittery! A few moments later the scene becomes clearer and clearer. Then we see a beautiful redhead stepping into the scene from the right. This lovely lady is dressed in a black knee length dress, black high heel sandals, and a black leather jacket.

“Hello everyone! My name is Marie Annabelle Jones! That’s right, MARIE JONES! The Phoenix! I am TOTALLY NOT Kimberly Williams pretending to be my identical twin sister!” She shakes her head. “Nope, absolutely not! I stopped…err, I mean SHE stopped doing that a long time ago. She promised the judicial system here in Massachusetts to never again kidnap her, lock her in a basement, and take scantily clad pics and post them all over the internet as if they were of Marie…I mean me! Sooooo right, I am NOT Kim! I am Marie!”

Just then the Dalek rolls into the scene. It has the SCW Underground Championship hanging from its plunger. “EXCUSE ME MISTRESS KIMBERLY! DO YOU WISH TO HAVE YOUR CHAMPIONSHIP BELT WITH YOU DURING THIS PROMOTIONAL SHOOT?!”

“Get away from me you stupid tin can!” Totally Not Kimberly Williams Pretending To Be Marie Jones kicks the Dalek. She takes the title belt and throws it as hard as she can. “Go fetch!”

“FETCH! FETCH! FETCH!” The Dalek wheels away. She sighs and turns to face the camera.

“Now then where was I? Oh yes! Rise To Greatness is coming up and I know my Kimmymania…err, wait, what does she…uh, I mean, what do I call my fanbase again? Phoenix Fans! Yeah! I know my Phoenix Fans are excited about yours truly making a special appearance in the Gimmick Battle Royal at Rise To Greatness!” Suddenly she winces. Clearly in pain. “Fuck! How the hell does Marie walk in these stupid ass shoes?! It’s like I’m walking on a damn pair of stilts and…” and suddenly she realizes that the camera is rolling. She smiles sheepishly. “...uh, yeah! I LOVE WEARING HIGH HEELS! I like being all fancy and shit!”

“So get ready for HISTORY to be made! And I do not necessarily mean that Kimberly would make history by competing in three matches on the same damn card! Although that would be awesome, am I right? But history will be made when I, MARIE JONES, compete in the gimmick battle royal, because I am definitely Marie Jones…not Kimberly Williams!”
A Freeform Poem.

Never before has there been a professional wrestler of such titanic caliber!
Gonna tell you a thing or two about him, I will.
Give him a chance, he'll dance and dance!
You probably might even know his name, still.
Up and over the top rope, he'll throw every foe.
Never letting them get rid of him, he'll simply brush them off and say "no no no".
Gonna punch you, kick you, toss you around, and proving that he's one of the strongest, pound for pound!
Let me explain to you something very important about this colossus among men!
You saw him in the main event way back then!
Down with two bros, guarding them from threat after threat.
Never having to choose until one of them angrily split up the set!
Gonna show everybody in this battle royal why being a hot dancer and bouncer makes him so fly.
Run fast, but he'll stop you in your tracks!
Around the ring, he'll slam you onto your backs!
And you'll find out that the only thing he lacks is winning a championship, because he had to pay his rookie tax.
Desert islands couldn't keep him away from making it back here!
You might remember though that he hasn't been around in SCW for over 10 years.
Never betrayed his clients, and he always stayed loyal.
Gonna have zero friends though in this Gimmick Battle Royal!
Make no mistake, his power belies hidden agility, his well-defined muscles hiding his practiced flexibility.
You can't escape from his powerful vise-like grasp!
Cry about it, die mad about it, cope, seethe, and scream until you gasp!
Never in your lives have you ever witnessed such effortless cool from such a menacing presence.
Gonna find yourselves in stupor and awe when you experience his masculine essence!
Say out loud with your whole chest "What a manly man! He's the best, towering above all the rest!"
Goodbye to your odds of winning this match.
Never even had a chance of making it out without a scratch.
Gonna stand imposingly, cuz again, he's very large and powerful.
(Tell me you weren't paying attention to that part without telling me you weren't paying attention to that part.)
A few more things to go, and then finally you'll understand this poem with your entire heart.
Lie about his stature, but you can't do anything but see the truth about how truly awe-inspiring his height is.
And I can guarantee you when you see him you'll remark on what a tremendous sight he is.
Hurt him even a bit, and he'll hurt you back worse by more than a thousand-fold.
You have probably figured out by now that you...have just been...

RICK.

ROHL'ED.

(Rick Rohl Titantron 2022)
[There was very little doubt that it had been a rough few years for Gerald Gribbin, the man who UWA had known as the Executioner. Time and time again, if there was anyone who needed getting rid of, it was Gerald who received the call. He’d taken on man mountains sent his way by New Eden; he had gotten rid of some of the biggest scourges known to walks the corridors of wrestling organizations worldwide. But when the UWA closed its doors for the final time, the expected job offers never came, and Gerald was left with nothing. He’d watched wrestling programming from time to time, and seen people like Tsunami taking his spots, and all he could do was sigh. His time was over, and although it had been a heck of a ride, it still annoyed him as he felt like there was so much more, he could have done but would now never get that chance. Even now, he sits in his disheveled flat, in need of renovation and over in the corner, looking every bit out of place is his old Executioner costume. The dark black fabric always made him look intimidating. He looks at it longingly, wishing that he could pull on the uniform one last time. As he does, the phone rings, Gerald flicking it onto speaker.]

Gerald: Yeah, who is it?

Voice: Gerald… its Theo.

Gerald: Theo? Who the hell is Theo?

Theo: I’m your agent

Gerald: I have an agent?

[He’d forgotten over the course of time. It wasn’t that much of a surprise to him that he was probably paying someone for doing nothing.]

Theo: Yes. I know you haven’t heard from me for a while, but I got a call this morning, something that might interest you.

Gerald: I very much doubt it

Theo: Well, what if I had an offer on the table for you to become the Executioner, one last time.

[That comment peaks his interest he cannot deny, and he listens a little more intently.]

Gerald: Go on…

Theo: You’ve heard about Supreme Championship Wrestling, right?

Gerald: Who hasn’t? UWA was a rival in the past before it blew up in Bryant’s face.

Theo: Well, it’s Rise to Greatness weekend coming up, and they want you to take part in a match.

Gerald: Excuse me?

[He doubted the SCW had even heard of him, never mind was asking him to take part on one of the biggest shows in the World.]

Theo: It’s legit Gerald, they called me, and they want you

Gerald: And this isn’t a joke?

Theo: No, I’ve checked it out, it’s kosher.

Gerald: And what kind of match is it?

Theo: A Gimmick Battle Royal…

[The line goes silent, Gerald closing his eyes. Had it really come to this?]

Theo: You there Gerald?

Gerald: I am NOT a gimmick Theo, you know this. I’ve taken on some of the baddest men on the planet and humbled them, bringing them to their knees.

Theo: Gerald, that was years ago. This is the perfect chance for you to step out in front of tens of thousands again and say the goodbye you never had the opportunity to before. Plus…

[Gerald mobile phone goes off, and he pulls it out his pocket.

Theo: That’s how much they are willing to pay you in appearance money.

[Gerald opens the text, his eyes widening at the figure.]

Gerald: Well, I’ll best see if I can still fit in the costume then, hadn’t I?

[SCENE FADES]

[Scene reopens in a dark and dank boiler room, steam occasionally escaping from the cracks in the heavily rotted pipes. Brass tacks here people, the boiler room is in a real state of disrepair, and if it was supposed to look foreboding it was working. Through the steam, like a beacon of darkness (can you get a beacon of darkness), comes the Executioner (please forget his name is Gerald.), and he comes to a half so that only a half light shines on his mask, the rest of him in silhouette. In a low, intimidating voice, the man that struck fear into all UWA starts to speak.]

“Remember me SCW? I am the man who you all hoped and prayed would never make it over to these shores. I am the man who took unwanted individuals and sent them to the pits of despair. Imagine my surprise, when I received the invitation… to do the exact same to all of you.”

[He cackles, somewhat maniacally, like every generic monster character in history had every done. Well, at least those that could laugh, and didn’t let others speak for them. Executioner used to speak in grunts too. Grunting was usually enough. Over time he had learned to verbalize his emotions.]

“A Battle Royal, designed to be a little light relief. Destined to be nothing but a horrific lesson for you all.”

[Steam sprays from one of the pipes, straight into the Executioners face but he doesn’t even flinch. Partially because of who he is, but mostly because the seemingly ‘hot’ steam isn’t that at all and is refreshing in the damp air of this boiler room.]

“There is nothing to be gained from victory, nothing to be earned from success. But what I gain from the demise of my opponents is far more rewarding than monetary value. I get to feed on each and every one of your souls. My hunger satisfied at last. No matter who you are, no matter what you mean to this company. You have signed your own death warrant and placed yourself in my path. The path I walk, ends at only one place. Oblivion. I can help you all. Each of you that enter. You can all entertain your delusions of grandeur; I have no problem with anyone having a shred of positivity left. In fact, I encourage it. But, that optimism for your survival, is ill placed. Not accepting your fate is only delaying the inevitable. Succumb, go out on your terms, and perhaps the pain shall not be so overbearing. Perhaps.”

[A squeal is heard from towards the back of the boiler room. A piercing scream that reverberates around the metallic pipes, deafening to some, but not to the Executioner. Those screams seem to make him euphoric, his eyes widen, almost crazed, making the mask even more ominous than it was before.]

“So SCW, till Rise to Greatness comes around, I want you all to sleep soundly in your beds. When you leave your loved ones at home, make sure that you give them an extra special hug, or perhaps words of wisdom that they can remember you by. I do not care for the formalities of how you lived your life. I dismiss the false prophets like Tsunami, and the other individuals of my ilk who tried to walk in my shoes. This world doesn’t belong to SCW, or some fabled universe. This world, from this moment… belongs to me. And it is my job to rid the dead wood, the chaff, and it’s a job I did well… sorry, DO well. Soon, very soon, the others in this Battle Royal will find that out for themselves. Too little. Too late.”

[Suddenly the room is engulfed in light, as a door opens, a man carrying a mop and bucket stepping inside.]

Janitor: What you doing? You shouldn’t be down here.

“I should, and you would be well advised to leave.”

Janitor: Hold on, I remember you. You’re that Executioner guy that used to worked for the United Wrestling Alliance. We ran a few of their shows back in the day.

“Of course, you remember. My reputation precedes me.

Janitor: So, you here for the Gimmick battle royal?

“Excuse me…”

Janitor: The Gimmick battle royal… bit of fun to break up the real wrestling.

“I am not a gimmick.”

Janitor: Sure, you are. Ten feet tall. The coat and mask. Skulking in the shadows of the boiler room like a psychopath. This isn’t the nineties you know.

“I AM NOT A GIMMICK.”

Janitor: OK bro, either way you can’t stay down here.

“You’re not getting it are you? I’m not some kind of ‘character’. I’m not some pretend demon. I rid the UWA of some of the…

Janitor: You’re for real, aren’t you? I bet underneath that mask is a guy called Dave. You can’t REALLY believe this shit?

[The Executioner steps forwards, and still the janitor doesn’t look scared. The Executioner pushes the door closed, so that just the light once again shines, reflecting off the mask.]

Janitor: What you doing?

“Showing you just how real I am…”

[The Janitor is grabbed, and he is pulled into the darkness, After a few moments we hear a scuffle, before a blood curdling choking noise, which eventually stops. The door then opens, the Executioner standing in it, turning once more to face the camera.]

“DO NOT try this at home.”

[SCENE FADES.] 
Pages: 1 2 3