Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: First of Her Name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Flying in a private jet was usually a happy thing.  Cassidy could remember a handful of occasions where she had “hijacked” one of Rachel Foxx’s private jets to fly out to Vegas, before she and her now-husband Ace Marshall moved to the dirty desert city to wallow in the filthiest aspects this country had to offer.  It used to be one of her favorite things to do.  After working for the self-proclaimed “Suicide Queen,” and now 2x MILF as her assistant, Cassidy knew how to call for transportation and make sure there was a jet waiting for her at the tarmac.  She and Ace used to kill a bottle of champagne a piece as they rode to the airport; then, share whatever bottles they could find in the jet and land at McCarran Airport already hammered before stumbling around Fremont St, where they mocked the dregs and misfits of society before riding to the strip and having a weekend neither of them would remember.  

This time though...it didn’t seem like fun.  Maybe it was the fact that she had been summoned, maybe it was the fact that Austin wasn’t with her; or, the fact that she was flying away from Las Vegas; but, she felt like she was sitting in the principal’s office, waiting to be punished.  It had been a while since she had been summoned to a one on one meeting with Rachel; and, she had really enjoyed keeping it that way.  Since finding her inner peace and having kids, she had been a lot less fun, and a lot more judgmental.  Five minute sinto the flight, Cassidy had looked for any alcohol that she could find, only to realize that Rachel had the fridges stocked with juice and soda.  

Fucking sobriety.

Any time anyone gets sober, they feel the need to force it on everyone else, espousing the benefits of healthy living.  Now, while Rachel never seems to go that far...removing the alcohol from the plane before forcing her to sit b y herself for 3 and a half hours...bullshit!!  Cassidy tried calling Austin; but, she had no signal as they flew; so, she had thrown her phone against the opposite wall. Luckily, it didn’t break.  She ended up watching a DVD of Paw Patrol episodes, as that was what was in the blu-ray player.  She had no idea what any of the annoying little puppies were saying, as the Blu-Ray was in German; but, she did have a very strong urge to kick a puppy when it was all over.  

She found herself almost elated when they arrived at what she later found out was Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.  She made a half-hearted effort to escape the two men she correctly assumed to be her handlers, by telling them she had to go to the bathroom for “women’s troubles,” an excuse most men shuddered at.  Men, so determined to be tough; and yet, so unbelievably fragile. After 3 minutes in the bathroom, Casssidy tried sneaking out of the bathroom and making a break for baggage among a crowd of tourists; but, soon felt a massive hand on her shoulder.  She sulked for the entire walk through the airport, one of the men grabbing her bags from the baggage claim belt; then, the two of them ushering her to a waiting car outside.  It was a black town car, not the limo she would have expected; but, she knew Rachel had been making some cuts lately as, for some reason that was beyond Cassidy’s understanding, Rachel decided that she wanted to trim away the “fat of her life.”  Cassidy had heard that Rachel was in the process of selling her massive property in California; and, that she offered it to Jessica before putting it on the market.  There was a piece of her that was hurt by the fact that Rachel never asked her if she wanted it.  Cassidy liked to reassure herself by thinking that she wouldn’t have accepted the offer, having found a home in Sin City; but, it still gnawed at her a bit.  

“What does Jessica have that I don’t have?”

She’d asked herself a handful of times. The answer, of course, was a stable life, snot-nosed children, a seemingly stable marriage...unless Gunner inevitably ends up going the way of Dylan Howell.  THAT should have been at least one point against her.  The rumors running around the locker room were that Dylan had been into some weird sex things...in fact, Cassidy was pretty sure that, during one of his promos, Dylan had said something about them being in an orgy, or something like that.  She didn’t like to think too much on it.  The thought of Dylan Howell naked was enough to make her wish she could bleach her brain.  Jessica had been married to that lunatic for a few years before she finally came to her senses.

Honestly, they both could have done better in cassidy’s mind.

She had heard that Dylan tried to shoot their kids one night.  She didn;t know if that was true or not, everyone knows how gossip travels, and picks up embellishments along the way.  The fact of the matter was, she ended up divorcing Dylan, and marrying a man who was once obsessed with Cassidy’s older sister. Oh Gunner, the one legged pirate man who would have fought the world for Cailey.  Yeah, he lost his leg while serving in Afghanistan; but, Cassidy didn’t care.  She had ridiculed him relentlessly about it.  That guy was absolutely obsessed with Cailey; and, it did seem that Cailey took some kind of pleasure in leading him on.  She would always go to seemingly great lengths to avoid talking about her husband with Gunner, and Cassidy was convinced Cailey would end up with him.  Whatever, it seems that Jessica picked up Cailey’s sloppy seconds, and rushed back to the altar.  Meanwhile, Cassidy was in a stable marriage, despite all the speculation that they would eventually tire of each other.  She was truly, deeply, madly in love with Austin, whether or not she had the emotional capacity to tell him that or not, and she knew he felt the same.   She loved him, with all of her cold, black heart.  In her will, which she had drawn up partly as a joke; but, partly due to a minor cocaine overdose scare, she said that she wanted the ashes of whoever died second to be sprinkled on the grave of the first.  They lived like Sid and Nancy; and, Cassidy wanted to die like Sid and Nancy.  There are those who will scoff at that metaphor, and remind you that Sid killed Nancy; but, Cassidy found it romantic, to love something so much, you kill it.  Most people wouldn’t get it.

Whatever...Jessica ended up denying the offer for the house; and, Cassidy and Austin already had what most people would consider a beautiful house in Las Vegas; so, what was there to be jealous of?  And yet, despite the fact that Cassidy’s job as Rachel’s assistant came due to Jessica’s departure, she had always felt inadequate in her shadow.  She knew that Jessica would always be one of Rachel’s favorite people; and, sometimes, it tore her up.

Cassidy reached into her purse for a small vial, one of the upsides to flying private.  She fished around for a moment before finding it; and, was about to pull it out when her eyes caught the driver’s in the rear view mirror.  Another downside of this not being a limo, he could see anything she did.  Cassidy rolled her eyes, dropping the vial back into her bag before looking out the window.  After a while of watching the world go by her window, she tried making some small talk with the driver; but, he turned out to be not too keen on that idea; and so, they rode in silence, broken only by Cassidy’s sighs of boredom as they left New Orleans behind them and traveled into what Cassidy could only assume was the inspiration for Deliverance.  Cassidy and her sisters had been born and raised in Austell, GA, a tiny little suburb of Atlanta.  Most people would describe it as a cute little town, full of charm and “character;” but, Cassidy considered it to be a shithole full of shit kickers and assholes.  Hell, even Mother Nature agreed with her as, in 2009, most of the town was destroyed by a massive flood. It should have been a sign to pack up and move somewhere less shitty; but, they simply rebuilt it.  Her parents stayed with one of her uncles for more than a year as their house was rebuilt, bigger and better. Her mom even made a joke about always wanting to remodel the house; and, the flood gave them an excuse to.  One would think that growing up in Austell would have imbued Cassidy with a healthy dose of Southern pride; but, she couldn't stand the south.  The heat, the humidity, the bugs, the snakes, the animals, the irritating accent which made people sound like they had a double digit IQ.  She was giddy to the point of bursting the day she left for California; and, she shed any hint of a Georgian accent she ad as fast as she could.  Even now, when she was at peak frustration, you could still hear a hint of it, which was one of the things she hated the most.  Austin thought it was cute, and took to calling her his little southern belle whenever she was angry, which only made it worse.  

After what felt like an eternity, the driver turned of the road, and onto a dirt path, framed in trees.  Cassidy grabbed her doorknob, determined to jump out of the car and run away at the first hint of banjos.  She wasn't squealing like a pig for ANYONE!! that was Austin's job! But, after about a half mile, the wooded area gave way to what looked like an expansive property.  There was an old but clearly restored plantation house at the end of the roadway, with a detached 3 car garage.  To the side of house, there was a large field which was at one time was undoubtedly used for raising crops; but, now had a medium sized square building on it. The building was 3 stories tall, and looked almost brand new. The driver took the fork in the road that led toward the new building, onto a newly paved parking lot and stopped in front of the main entrance to the building.  Cassidy waited for a moment, expecting an explanation; or, to at least have her door opened; but, the driver just sat there.  She furrowed her brow at him.

"WELL..."

"Well what?"

He growled back at her.

"Where the hell am I?"

Cassidy barked back at him. The driver didn't miss a beat.

"You're where you're supposed to be."

"And where the fuck is that?"

There was a brief pause before his gravely voice answered.

"First of all, watch your language."

"I'm sorry...watch my language?"

"Yeah."

"And why the fuck should I do that?

Cassidy made sure to emphasize the profanity, resulting in a soft growl from the driver.

"The boss doesn't like it when people talk like that around here."

"You mean Rachel?"

"Mrs. Frost."

Cassidy laughed.

"If you think 'the boss' doesn't like swearing, you clearly haven't fucking met her."

The driver growled disapprovingly again.   

"Mrs. Frost is good to us, she takes care of her people; and, in return, she demands that we treat each other with respect.  So, while you're here, you'd do well to watch your mouth."

"Whatever!"

Cassidy waits a few more moments, then...

"Well?"

"Well what?"

The driver growls again.  Cassidy rolls here icy blue eyes and looks at his in the mirror.  

"Well...aren't you going to be a gentleman and open my door for me?"

The driver chuckled. Cassidy snapped back.

"Aren't you souther shit kickers all about opening doors for ladies and all that chivalry nonsense?"

He chuckled even harder.

"I DO open doors for ladies; but you...are not a proper lady."

Cassidy furrowed her brow even deeper, pulling on the door handle. She made a move to step out of the car; but paused.

"Well, you're a fucking asshole!!!"

She stepped out of the car and slammed the door before he could respond. She took a step forward and the car pulled away from her, driving back down the road as Cassidy reluctantly stepped toward the door.  She took a moment to look around, a little thrown off by the lack of normal city noise.  It was eerily quiet with the exception of the crickets and birds, sounds that instantly reminded her of her childhood.  She sighed, slowly stepping forward and pulling on the door.  

Inside the building, there was a hallway that looked as if it opened into a massive open space.  On her right, Cassidy found an office.  She peaked in, looking for Rachel; but, didn’t find anything but desks covered in personal mementos and paperwork of whoever was occupying each one.  The office smelled brand new, a scent that Cassidy would never admit that she loved.  She lingered for a moment, filling her nostrils with the scent before moving forward toward the open space. Coming to the end of the hallway, Cassidy paused in astonishment as she stepped into the space and found multiple wrestling rings dotting the floor.  They too were brand new, as the smell of fresh canvas wafted towards here.  For a moment, Cassidy could feel herself filled with childlike wonder, as she moved forward and slid into the ring closest to her.  Cassidy moved around, enjoying the feeling of the canvas under her feet before instinctively running the ropes.  The sound echoed through the building, as an involuntary smile spread across her lips. She'd forgotten how much she actually loved wrestling.  She approached so many things with his an air of indifference and loathing that it became hard to remember what actually brought her joy. Bouncing back and forth between the ropes was actually fun. It took her back to when she first started training with Rachel. Back to her first days at the Knoxville Wrestling Institute. Back to the first time she stepped into a ring as a competitor. She remembered running back to her Knoxville apartment after winning her very first KWI match in pure elation.  Even now, she could remember the smell of that crappy little auditorium, making her entrance across what she assumed was a basketball court through a crowd of a hundred or so people. It was far from the million dollar production value of SCW; but...to her...it was the world, and she felt like the queen of that world!

“Well...if it isn't...what was it again...the ‘Genocide Queen?”

Cassidy froze as she heard the familiar voice. All these years later, and she was still afraid of Rachel, the same way a child fears their parents.  It was an odd feeling, considering she was never really afraid of her actual parents. They were too nice for their own good. She turned slowly to find Rachel Foxx...sorry...Frost...standing in the entrance way to the gymnasium, her newborn son wrapped against her in a baby carrier; and, her 3 year old son holding her hand.  Karsten was one of those people who seemed incapable of seeing Cassidy for the train wreck she was; and so, as soon as he saw her, he charged at her with a huge smile on his face.

“Aunty Cassy!!”

Cassidy slid out of the ring to meet him, scooping him up and giving him a hug before holding him.  Rachel chuckled as she stepped forward.

“A child suits you.”

The brunette said softly. Cassidy scoffed.

“Not on your life.”

She was keen to avoid the subject if possible. No need to dive into the issue of negative pregnancy tests and her unspoken disappointment. No need to let anyone in.  Karsten reaches up and played with her hair before Cassidy turned and growled at him like a monster. Karsten just laughed as Cassidy set him down. Rachel smiled as she hugged her son and spoke softly to him.

“Geh und Spiele, meine Liebe. Mama muss mit Tante Cassidy reden”

Karsten pouted a little; but, she kissed his cheek and his smile returned as he kissed her back.

“Ich liebe dich Mama.”

She answered him in a tone sweeter than Cassidy had ever heard her use before.

“Ich liebe dich auch, mein Engel.”

Karsten smiled as he turned to Cassidy and blew her a kiss.  

“I love you auntie Cassy!”

She felt her heart melt a little as her looked at her with those huge eyes.

“I love you too.”

She said softly.  She had to actively fight a tear as the little boy ran off toward a door on the opposite wall, and Cassidy watched him, even after he was gone, until Rachel’s voice tore her back to reality.  

“So...what do you think?”

“He’s adorable.”

Rachel chuckled ever so slightly.  Cassidy turned back to her.  

“I mean, of this place.”

Rachel’s voice was soft, more so to not wake Rikard, who was clearly sleeping against her chest. There was something less frightening about her while she was wearing a sleeping baby in a carrier.  Cassidy could only see part of his face; but, he looked even more adorable than his older brother. She stifled a smile as she turned and surveyed the building.

“So...this is where you’ve been for the last few months I see.  People were beginning to think you fell off the face of the earth.”

Rachel chuckled again.

“Fortunately, no.  Just working on the legacy I will leave behind.”

“And this is...what is this?”

“The Frost Foxx Wrestling Academy”

Cassidy scoffed, looking around the room again.

“First of all, I’m not so sure about the name.  Second...you really want to open up your own school?”

Rachel began walking among the rings, and Cassidy instinctively followed as her mentor spoke.

“Well…time has a way of reshifting your priorities.  When the Underground was first decommissioned, I felt as though I had lost my place. Chasing, winning and defending that belt had been my purpose for so long, I didn’t know how to function without it.  While chasing the World Championship, I fell in love with wrestling again...pure wrestling.  Then, with the birth of my first son, I began to think about the future, and the legacy I would leave on this business.  You see, winning a belt and becoming a champion is one thing...creating a new generation of champions...that is how we live forever in this business.  BEsides, it’s time I gave back; and, since we both know my time in the UNderground has probably shaved years off my career, if not my life, it is good to have a retirement plan.”

“Why not sip mai tais on the beach of your own private island?”

Rachel laughed, something Cassidy wasn’t used to.

“Because, that would only be fun for so long.  Eventually, I would want to get back to working; and, that is what this is for.”

Cassidy looked around again. Rachel had clearly put quite a bit of time and heart into this project.  When she decided she was going to start her own school, she definitely put the work in to ensure it would be the best one around.  She turned back to Rachel and furrowed her brow again.

“And...what? You want me to sign autographs at the grand opening of this place?”

No laugh this time.  Rachel’s face was somber and serious.

“No.  At least, that’s not why you are here this time.”

“Oh, and why exactly was I summoned?”

Rachel took a deep breath, looking off into the distance for a few moments before turning back to Cassidy.

“You’re here because I have some concerns as we approach the new LFL season.”

“Oh yeah? What kind of concerns?”

“My starting quarterback.”

Cassidy felt all the happiness sucked right out of her.  So, this was a scolding.

“And what exactly are your worries about your starting quarterback?”

Rachel looked at her, in the way a mother would.  It was the kind of stern look where you felt like they could see your soul, and Cassidy hated it.

“When is the last time you were clean?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

Cassidy’s response was quick and ultra-defensive, because that isn’t totally a red flag.  Rachel just kept looking at her with that stern, motherly look.  

“So...you’re saying if I dumped out your purse right now, all I would find is gum, change and chapstick?”

Cassidy’s eyes darted towards her purse. Rachel shook her head slightly.  

“Yeah...that’s what I thought.  I want you to know that I will be watching you this year; and, if I think that there are problems with your performance, I will have you tested on the spot.”

“Oh come on!!! That’s bullshit!!!”

“Well, that is also well within my rights as team owner.  I have to do what is the best for my bottom line; and, what’s best for business is making sure that I’m fielding the best possible team.”

“And, just to humor this nonsense, a test comes back positive for something?”

Rachel narrowed her eyes.

“You lose your position as starting quarterback.”

“And you think I care about that?”

Rachel looked deep into her eyes, almost making Cassidy recoil.

“I KNOW you care about it.  You see, you put up this front of apathy and indifference; but, I know you take pride in what you do, even if you don’t want people to know.  Your deepest darkest secret is...you care, more than you let on, more than you will ever admit, maybe even to yourself.  You like to think that you could walk away from it all at any minute; but, the truth is, it would kill you to sit on the sideline and watch someone else do what you believe is your job.”

“And, what’s to stop me from just signing with another team?”

“Other than the fact that the free agency window is closed?  Nothing.  If you want to continue being mediocre, by all means, go right ahead.  But, you and I both know that isn’t what you want.  You like being pushed, because it shows that someone actually cares about you.”

“And what about Austin?”

“Mr. Marshall is serving in an interim position.  It is up to him to decide where his path leads.  If he wants to keep the job, he will.  If he takes it for granted, I will restart my search for a new head coach and general manager.  There is something to be said for working with the devil you know, over the one you just met.”

Mr. Marshall?  Who the hell was this lady? Rachel moved into a door on the nearby wall, pulling a portable crib from it.  She slowly and carefully unwrapped her baby carrier and laid Rikard into the crib, kissing him gently before she slid into the nearest ring, and Cassidy hesitated; but, ultimately followed her in.

“And this is why you brought me here? To tell me something you could have told me over the phone?”

Rachel smiled again, it was warm and inviting, which again threw Cassidy off.

“Well, I have always believed that the most important discussions should be handled face to face; but, that is not why you are here.”

“Then why?”

Rachel chuckled.

“You are here for what I know will be a mutually beneficial arrangement.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

Rachel laughed again, this time, it had a hint of sadism in it.

“Well...the truth of the matter is, despite my doctors telling me that I need to give my body a rest, I have been yearning to start my recovery and preparing to get back into the ring.  On top of that, I am eager to get this place up and running.  I have already started accepting applications for instructors; but, I have grown impatient, and I want to get started.”

“And what does that have to do with me?”

“Well, you need to detox yourself, rid yourself of all the negativity and venom that’s building up in you; and, you need to really get yourself ready.”

“For what?”

Cassidy rolled her eyes.

“For Fatal Fortunes.”

Another eye roll.

“Are you kidding me?! I just beat your little frenemy, or whatever the fuck Justin Davis is to you  Not only that; but, I made him tap out!!!  Faithbreaker, in the center of the damn ring!!! I would say I’m pretty fucking…”

Cassidy’s words are cut off as Rachel hits her hard with a clothesline, sending her crashing to the mat. Cassidy looks up in disbelief as Rachel simply smiles down at her.  

“WHAT THE FUCK!?!”

“Didn’t see that coming, did you? I need you to have eyes in the back of your head.  You were brought here for just that reason.  For the next week, until Fatal Fortunes, you will stay here.  We will be working hard to get you ready for the two weeks of Fatal Fortunes because I am sick and tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching you wasting your potential.  You have a chance to walk away as the Supreme Championship Wrestling World Champion..”

“Doubtful”

Cassidy interrupted, getting back to her feet. Rachel ignored her and continued.

“And I am not going to let you let this opportunity slip through your fingers.”

“That’s kidnapping!!!”

“No.  You had a choice to not get on that plane, you had a choice not to get into that car; and, you have every opportunity to leave right now.  I’ll have Charles drive you back to the airport; and, I will have you flown back to Las Vegas.  But you’re not going to leave, because you know I’m right.”

“Well...what about…”

“Austin knows where you are; and, as much as he doesn’t like it, he seems to agree that this might be a positive experience for you.”

“What about my clothes? What about my phone charger? What about…”

Cassidy is knocked to the mat again with another hard clothesline. She hits the canvas hard, and the wind is knocked out of her. Rachel smiles down at her again.

“No more talking.  Either you stay, and we get you ready; or...you leave, and you keep halfassing your life. Which is it going to be?”

Cassidy briefly considers rolling out of the ring; but, before she can do it, her body is already in the process of getting her back to her feet. Well...here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The camera comes to life as Cassidy Carter comes into focus. She looks banged up and a little worse for wear as she steadies the camera. She is wearing her usual black hoodie with the hood up; but, it is fairly obvious she has been sweating and one of her eyes has been blackened.  Cassidy takes a deep breath slumping against the wall as she finally begins to speak.

“Well...what do I say to you that my actions haven't already said? Every one of you out there doubts me, doubts my ability to get the job done because you see me as some little girl who can be taken lightly and ignored. Well, did you see me beat Justin Davis? Did you see him tapping furiously as I had him locked in the Faithbreaker? How many more times will I have to tear down the former pillars of this company before your ignorance collapses on you? Katelyn Buehler, Justin Davis...each of them thought they could take me for granted; and, each of them fell victim to my determination. How many more legends will I have to slay before you realize that I am the threat?”

Cassidy paused for a moment.

“Oh sure, I've lost some of the matches I was predicted to win; but...those of you who h e garnered my full and undivided attention, know what I am capable of. Like my predecessor once said...quoting the Bhagavad Gita…’Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds;’ but, unlike her, it is a title I carry willingly with pride.”

Another pause for dramatic effect.

“I am not a little girl, I am not the damsel in distress, waiting for my husband to rescue me.  I do not make my legacy on the Foxx name; nor do I make my legacy on the Marshall name. It is true that, outside of those ropes, I am Mrs. Cassidy Marshall, wife of former SCW World Champion Ace Marshall; but…”

Her eyes are illuminated with intensity.

“When I step between the ropes, and enter that ring...I am CASSIDY CARTER!!  First of my name, Slayer of giants, killer of legends, queen of everything I survey.  I will break anyone who refuses to bend the knee to me because I am the queen my predecessor dreamed she could be!!! I am the next generation refusing to wait its turn. I am here to flip this company on its head, bleed out all of the old blood and impose my will on anyone and everyone I am put into the ring with!!”

Cassidy jumps to her feet, grabbing the camera from the tripod and holding it in front of herself.

“You see this?”

She points to her blackened eye.

“THIS is me!!! This is my preparation for Fatal Fortunes!!! This is why I am going to slay the competition over the next two weeks. You all want to see a fire lit in me; well...I’m a fucking wildfire that will hen this company to the fucking ground!!!!”

She is breathing heavily now as she is almost yelling.

“Fatal Fortunes, it could be anyone or everyone; and that does not scare me! I don't need to know my opponent, because I know myself!! So, throw anyone you want in with me, I will break them body, mind and spirit!!! By then he end of this two weeks, you will know my name, not as the little screw up who couldn't get the job done; but, as the goddess of war and hellfire who tore her way through this company and surprised EVERYONE!! By the end of this two weeks, I will be holding gold, one way or another!!! I will win it if I can; or, i will TAKE IT if I have to; but, I am walking away from Fatal Fortunes with gold around my waist!!! Because I am...CASSIDY FUCKING CARTER!!!! And you will remember my fucking name!!!”

“Language!!!”

Rachel’s voice yells from far off camera. Cassidy rolls her eyes and looks back into the camera, speaking quieter now.

“Remember this!!! Remember what I said here!!! This is not a wish, to be discarded in a well and prayed for with crossed fingers.  This is a promise!! This is a declaration of war!!! I. AM. GOING. TO. CONQUER!!!!! And I WILL walk away with gold if it is the last thing I do!!!”

The picture shakes a little as Cassidy looks up from the camera.

“Cassidy!! Let's go...time to work!!”

Rachel's voice sounds closer now. Cassidy looks back into the camera and smiles sadistically.

“Gotta go...destiny is calling!!!”

The picture shakes again before cutting to black.