Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Calvan Greene vs. The One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, October 26, 2022
{PROMO}

The One smirks, knowing that the camera is centering in on her during a new point in her career, and one that many didn't believe she would attain.  She stands there with her vape in her mouth, but this time, with the Supreme Championship Wrestling Television Championship over her shoulder.  It's another commodity to her, just like a wallet, keys, or cell phone, would be to her, but, unlike those others, she displays it outside of the arena, knowing people may, or may not, see her.  With an exhale of her vape, she just begins speaking, knowing her words are being heard over the departing vehicles of the parking garage.

Ladies and gentlemen... I told you so.  The One has never been one to foreshadow anything that didn't happen within the halls of Supreme Championship Wrestling, unless she realized that things were not applicable to the overall plan and goal.

And this is that moment...

Before I explained to you that the Underground Championship did not represent me.  I never defaulted it's value because there are a number of superstars and competitors in SCW that vie for it, who would represent what it stands for with price, and one day possibly be at the level of Rachel Foxx, who, yes, I admit, I find an admirable person in this organization.  But it wasn't for me.  And that doesn't discredit it.  It doesn't put it in a lesser light.  It doesn't shun it in it any way.  In fact... I applaud those who realize that is the level they are willing to go for recognition and superiority.  It's just not the one for The One... Yet...

Now if it comes down to a Supremacy aspect... There may be a different story, but I digress...

The One takes a drag, and blows it out of her vape.

When I came here I made it clear I wasn't going to make my goal about championships.  And I still, with this over my shoulder, am not.  My career is not defined by what I "achieve" in the lights of a biography that others can read, but instead by the impact and changes I make.  This championship on my shoulder, it happens to be the first true step in that goal and that lineage.  It's not about the title.  it's not about the accolade.  No... It's about something that many people in Supreme Championship Wrestling forget that this industry is more valuable than tangible evidence...

It's about the ACCOLADE...

It's about something you can't feel...

It's about something you can't touch...

For The One, it is about putting her name on the books and establishing herself as someone who is to be taken seriously in this business, this company, and this motherfucking WORLD!

Too long have people doubted my abilities...

Too long have people doubted what I am capable of...

Time after time I was written off as an outcast, a nobody, or in some cases, someone who was so weird that you just avoided at all costs, and guess what, I fucking dealt with it.  I dealt with it because I was forced to.  I looked around and saw everyone talking about me behind my back and talking about what my parents did.  I didn't know I was being attached to them, but I was, and in turn, I was being made as much of a degenerate as they were, but now...

The One pats the Television Championship.

Now what do you motherfuckers have to say?  Huh?  Do you still look at me as the same little girl whose parents fucked yours?  Do you still look at me as the little girl who didn't socialize or look like the rest of you?  No... You don't, do you?!  Instead you look at me as someone who now is on your plane of existence and is a professional wrestler.

I didn't go out there and just win some random match again a slew of nobodies, did I?  I didn't get an "Ultimate Opportunity" that pissed you all off, did I?  No... Instead, I worked my way up in Supreme Championship Wrestling.  In fact, I frighteningly did so at Taking Hold of the Flame, by making it as long and far as I did.  And now, I'm a CHAMPION.  I'm someone ETCHED in your history books, by YOUR standards.  I didn't dod it by any means but by the ones that many previous naysayers had whined and cried about with others.  I worked my way up and earned what is now sitting over my shoulder, and truthfully, it leaves you all speechless, doesn't it?  It makes you all annoyed that you can't blame it on someone doing things in a different way...

But yet... I'm defining the next chapter in the organization that you have held so true and faithful to your hearts for all of these years.  I am here doing exactly what you said people should do in order to become relevant in this business, and I know many of you are sitting there with your jaws agape, speechless as FUCK!

That means one thing...

The One... Won!

And The One did so by representing herself in the most truthful manner possible...

By being herslef...

Now I get it... I am The One and, to you, it's just a mere moniker.  It's nothing to be taken seriously.  I mean... Who would call themselves "The One," right?  It's not a name?  Others have already been very vocal about the fact that what I go by is either super pretentious and cocky, or it's something stupid.  The fact is, you don't know what I went through, and did to even become The One.  It's not just a moniker to me.  It's all I have!  It's all I'm known for, and known as.

And the fact is... Even with the Television Championship over my shoulder in SCW, nobody knows me as anything else... And that's because I haven't earned that right yet...

The One takes a drag of her vape.

Which brings me to Konrad Raab... Konrad, you failed me, big time.  Not just because I won.  Not just because you couldn't defend your title against me.  But because you proved to me that you weren't what you promised the world that you were... A champion.  You see, I handed you something on a silver platter.  I handed you everything you needed.  But you failed at something so basic that, to me, you lost because you lacked one of the biggest skills every champion needs.  It's not strength.  It's not talent.  It's not smarts...

It's listening...

And that was where I wanted to challenge you.  I wanted you to know what you were getting into.  I wanted you to know what my gameplan was, and yet, you didn't know what to do with that information.  You would have known either that I had been bullshitting you, or what my next plan was, and put the onus on me the change up my style and what I planned to do.  Instead, you just ignored it all.  You ignored everything I said.  And yet, you could have had it all in front of you and planned for exactly what I said.  And you could have shown me that you were everything you wanted people to believe, but you just pretended that you were gifted something on a silver platter.  I wanted to challenge you to trust me... And challenge myself to have someone know my gameplan from the start.  But I didn't get it, and what did I do to you, Konrad?  You got exposed.  You got taken down, and ultimately, taken out.  I showed you that I am someone who should be to taken seriously at ALL aspects...

And it's something that should be a lesson to EVERYONE in Supreme Championship Wrestling.  It should be a lesson that tells you that I am not someone who bullshits or beats around the bush.  I am blunt and honest with who I am and what I am about.  It is who The One is and how she has ALWAYS conducted herself in life, minus one small time where she started to "fall in line" with the status quo of SCW.  I am someone who is straight forward and blunt about what my plans, my goals, and my intents are, andd Konrad, you were the biggest name so far to openly display that you are not willing to listen or take me seriously when it comes to that very fact.  And now where are we?  Well better yet, where are you?  You're now somewhere else, doing something else, not related to this championship, when you had the perfect opportunity.  And now that opportunity has passed you by and is moving onto the next person.  Like I said, this belt is about endurance.  This belt is about being willing to fight anyone, anytime, and show that you can step up to the plate and do what you say you're going to do when it comes to winning.

Which brings me to professional wrestling veteran, and my next fork in the road, Calvan Greene...

Calvan is someone who's name I had heard, being that he's been in this industry for some time.  Now the specifics of what I know about him, that is where I will admit, my knowledge is minimal.  I know about what to expect from him, but that doesn't mean I have some kind of upper hand because from what I know, he's someone who will do some batshit insane things to try and get people to praise him and cheer him.  And while in some cases that may be the way to go, I also realize that it is something that can create openings, flaws, and weaknesses.  And I get it... I really do... It's a fun style and really can bring those watching into the match and get them hyped up and excited, but at what costs?  What risks is someone willing to take when, in the end, it has opened them up for being one "slip on a banana peel" away from being caught and choked out?

And that, Calvan, is something you seriously need to think about before stepping into the ring with The One...

You see, man, I was straight with Konrad about my plans and mentality.  I had forgotten why I was in this business and forgotten what my sense of purpose ultimately was.  I had, instead, become enthralled with the idea of simply doing whatever was put in front of me, and making it a part of what I wanted to do.  Regardless of if it was true to my personality, my style, or my mentality, I was talking the talk like everything was made for me, regardless of if it was true or not.  But then I found my purpose and it wasn't a singular title.  It wasn't a singular goal.  Instead it was whatever was in my path next.  It was whatever or whoever crossed me next.  It was whoever impeded my progress of feeling the sense of success and purpose that I crave in life and at Breakdown that person is YOU!

I don't care about your experience.  I don't care about your caution to the wind mentality.  I don't care how much you are willing to bring the crowd into it to try and hype you up, or tone me down.  Why?  Because it's all irrelevant.  It's all irrelevant unless I make it relevant to me, and honestly, none of it is.  It's no discrediting of you because you have that "fuck it all" mentality.  But it's saying that if I stick to my game, if I stick to my strengths, if I don't let you pull me into this game of who can one-up one another, you don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of taking this title off of me.

And don't think I don't know you're in search of that first title...

Don't think I don't know that hunger myself, even as much as I tried to ignore it...

You've been in SCW, how long now?  And you haven't yet risen to the level of champion and I know for any seasoned veteran that has to eat away inside of you.  That has to make you wonder what you're doing wrong.  No matter the facade you may give off of being wild and crazy, it bugs you that you haven't been able to cross that finish line and this newcomer, whom I bet many to expect to get cocky, is a prime opportunity for someone like Calvan Greene to finally... FINALLY... Get that elusive title victory.  The only problem is, Calvan, I'm not cocky.  I am not in over my head just because I have a piece of gold over my shoulder.  It's also not the sole thing that defines me as a person, which is where I differ from so many others, because I don't let it.  I don't let ONE THING define who I am.  Not a title, not a win, not a loss, not anything.  I have been more than just ONE THING my whole life.  Why do you think they call me The One?  It's not about one thing.  It's about being THE ONE PERSON who is defined by everything, and yet doesn't feel the need to be defined by anything.  Instead, she stands on what is in front of her and what or who is staring her down.  

So Calvan... I challenge you to learn a lesson from your predecessor in the ring with me.  I challenge you to have listened to my words.  I challenge you to step up to the plate and show that you are not someone who is going to come up short of even showing a modicum of attention to detail with what The One gives you.  Haven't you heard the phrase, "never look a gift horse in the mouth?"  I'm giving you the opportunity to be something.  Why?  Not because I don't want to be Television Champion, and WANT to be beat, but because I, like some of the mid-2000s champions in SCW, wanted to face the best to be seen as the best, and establish CHANGE when it was drastically needed.  So I want to put myself with my back against the wall VOLUNTARILY.  I want people to EXPECT things from me.  Because then it makes ME work harder, ME work smarter, and ME establish myself as truly someone in SCW who can create change and a new future.

That is my ikigai... That is what drives me and is in front of me...

And it's the TRUTH... Just like death... Just like taxes... And just like ME... The One!

With those final words, The One takes one more puff of her vape, and blows it directly into the camera, creating enough of a smokescreen for her to walk out of frame without being seen.
EXODUS: Chapter Five

Everything in life was still so surreal for me.  Hailey... A girl who had had no identifying name for all of these years, and was lost, was back in my life, and someone who wasn't just a "person" in my life, but a somebody.  It was something that, for the lost girl who still resided inside of my body, was what dreams were made of.  And after all this time, we still had the chemistry to come together and reunite, and return to our previous mission...

This time, as a unit...

Now while elation and happiness churn throughout my inner self, her returning creates a situation which The Oracle quickly approved of, and her brother quickly felt betrayed about.  He felt as if he should have been brought into the fold about Hsiley before she was brought into the room, as would any protective brother.  He felt like I betrayed his trust and his feelings were rational at that point.  The Oracle, however, saw something in her and believed in her from the start.  This trust was something I didn't see coming, or understand, but I did feel its importance over everyone in the room.  Her voice, her confidence, and her belief in Hailey effectively took her brother's angst away, and created a small, but effective level of comfort in seeing what she brought to the table, and also gave me a chance to explain who she was.

I told her brother how she ultimately recruited me, when I was first brought to The Compound, and our goal was to take it over, and get rid of The One, at the time.  I explained that she was the one who created the foundation for what I did for them both, and led me to getting The Oracle to safety.  I explained that with her, they now have the ability to more effectively stay put or move to the next phase, as they won't be solely reliant on The One to ensure everyone's safety.

In essence... Hailey gave us cover...

But the man we had caught snooping was a sign that we didn't have much more time left to dawdle if we wanted to make a real move to cross the river into the next county and actually be far enough out of the jurisdiction of The Compound for The Oracle to be safe.  I had known they were around, and now we knew they were close.  Our next move had to be smart, and it had to be calculated.  We couldn't just react without having a plan or an idea of what our antagonists were planning next.  We knew the man would have returned to The Compound.  We knew his story would have told them that they were close.  And we knew they would hone in on the location we were staying, if they weren't already.

So for the next few nights, Hailey and I took turns staying up and keeping watch.  It was the first time I had any decent sleep, knowing I could let my guard down for any substantial period of time and it was a recharge that I needed.  But it would be only a couple of nights of rest before we got our answers of how close they were, and in how much danger The Oracle was in...

As The One takes her night to slowly get ready to turn into bed, after The Oracle and her brother have long sense gone to sleep, she quickly feels a tap on her shoulder.  The One quickly jumps up, and sees Hailey staring back at her.  Hailey lifts a finger to her lips signalling her to be quiet.  The One cocks an eyebrow, and then Hailey uses the same finger to have her to come her way.

The One gets out of her make-shift bed, and follows Hailey to the door of the room.  Hailey slowly peels back the curtain of the window enough for The One to look out.  The One looks at Hailey, and then leans around to peek out the window.  The One's eyes widen as multiple cars are now in the parking lot, with several recognizable members from The Compound getting out.  The group all coalesces outside of the main "office" of the motel and looking around suspiciously.  The One and Hailey watch as the group looks around, before bashing the front door of the motel office open and all rushing in.

The One: Fuck...

Hailey: Well this just got real...

The two look at one another and without thinking, The One simply says...

The One: Should we go for it?

Hailey: You're The One... It's your call...

The One looks at Hailey with a very serious look in her eyes, but the sound of her voice is that of the "little sister" who may have been more successful in life.

The One: Hailey... Stop... It's OUR call...

Hailey: Call it however you want... It's your decision, and I'm in with you...

The One nods.

The One: So like we sort of planned?

Hailey: I think I know how we can improvise the rest...

Without speaking, The One nods and closes the curtain briefly.

The One: Who is taking the car, and who is taking the mob?

Hailey smiles.

Hailey: It's my turn to get revenge on a lot of these people at once... That one guy wasn't enough!  Besides, The Oracle is your responsibility, and you hold it true... You get her where she needs to be, and just be ready for me...

The One: Deal...

Hailey looks out of the curtain again, and sees everyone still inside the office, and knows this is her time to get out of the room.  She quickly unlatches the door and runs out around the opposite corner into the shadows.  She runs around the back of the building, and The One watches until she sees Hailey appear around the side of the building nearest to the office.  Hailey has something in her hand, and she quickly moves toward the door, does something, then returns to the shadows.  She looks toward the window, where she knows The One is watching, and gives her a sign to "go."  The One turns and yells.

The One: EVERYONE UP, NOW!  THEY'RE HERE!  NOW!  NOW!  NOW!

The Oracle and her brother and blindsided by the loud exclamation of The One, and jump out of bed.  The One continues her instructions.

The One: GRAB YOUR SHIT!  ONLY STUFF THAT MATTERS!  WE HAVE TO GET OUT NOW!

The Oracle, a bit delirious of the situation, looks around and sees Hailey gone.

The Oracle: Where is Hailey?!

Her brother immediately makes assumptions.

Brother: I TOLD YOU SHE WASN'T TRUTHWORTHY!

The One fires back without hesitation.

The One: Would you shut the FUCK up?!  She's out there buying us fucking time, now GET YOUR GODDAMN SHIT!

She then looks at The Oracle, talking in a much lower tone.

The One: ... I'm serious... Grab what you can!  We have to get out of here now...

The Oracle: And go where?!

The One: To be determined... Trust us, please... I'll be right back!

The Oracle just nods and begins grabbing what she can.  As they are doing so, The One sneaks out of the room and heads for the closest vehicle in the parking lot.  She immediately goes under the front console and hotwires the ignition to start it up.  Hailey looks up, and sees her protege do exactly as she had hoped, and she smiles.  It's at this time the mob who had arrived go to leave the office, and realize that what Hailey had done is shimmed and jammed the door shut.  There is a look of confusion at the glass door, and it's at this time that Hailey emerges from the shadows, turning and facing all of the members who recognize her from her challenge to the authority.  And the irony of the situation is the mob includes the man she challenged, and the one that The One knocked out to take the moniker from him.  As Hailey makes eye contact with the man who caused her several years of personal pain, a very evil grin comes across her face, and she raises both hands, signalling him to come get her.

As the mob focuses on Hailey, and The One has the car running, The One looks toward the motel room door and yells...

The One: NOW!  NOW!  NOW!  MOVE!

The mob, even though inside, hear the yelling from The One, and look up to see The Oracle and her brother leaving the room, and running toward the running vehicle.  The mob all quickly begin to yank on the door, which actually causes the shim that Hailey pushed into the jam to become even tighter.  Hailey begins to chuckle, still staring her personal nemesis down.  This leads him to begin throwing the older men of the mob out of the way so he can get to the door, being the far superior person in terms of strength.

The man begins to try and yank the door open, which as with others, causes the door to become more and more stuck.  This angers the man, as Hailey begins to chuckle more and more.  The man pushes the mob around more, and eventually grabs one of the office items to cover his hand, and he rears back and swings at the glass in the door.  This shatters the full size pane of glass, which initially leads to shock both from Hailey and the rest of the mob.  Hailey glances back to ensure everyone is getting in the vehicle, as she sees The One close the driver's side door and begin reversing the car.  As she glances back at the windowless door, she sees her nemesis crawling under the push-to-open bar so he can escape.  With his head down, she wastes no time getting a modicum of revenge as she spins around and throws a spin kick that connects along the same side of the head that The One had kneed him across years before.

The man falls but doesn't go unconscious.  This leads to the mob all trying to follow the man in the same route, jamming themselves inside the frame, and making Hailey laugh at the comedy of the situation.  She hears the vehicle wheels spin gravel behind her and approach the office.

The One: GET IN!

Hailey quickly looks back and sees the window of the passenger side open and she runs and jumps in, and The One immediately begins to speed off out of the parking lot.  As Hailey crawls into the passenger seat, The One instructs everyone to slump down except for Hailey.  As the two alphas expected, other cars emerge trying to stop them, as The One makes her way toward the county line that is their ultimate goal.  Some of the cars that begin following them immediately turn on their patrol lights, indicating they are members of the local county law enforcement, still under the persuasion of The Compound.

Hailey: You think they'll cross lines running hot?

The One: I'm more curious if they have people on the other side waiting for us...

Hearing this makes the brother interject.

Brother: I thought that county was safe?!

The One: It will be if we aren't accused of something more nefarious.  They call in some accusation and run after us across the border then they csn request backup...

Hailey: You think they'd risk it like that?

The One: I wouldn't put it past them...

As the group approach the bridge that represents the border between counties, two cars come out of the shadows to begin trying to block their way.  The One sees this, and immediately slams on the gas and begins to try and aim right for the middle of where these two cars meet.  Hailey quickly turns to the two in the back.

Hailey: You two, middle of the seat, and hold on!

The Oracle and her brother basically sit in one another's lap as the moment of truth comes, and The One, as if right out of the Fast and Furious franchise, weaves in between the two vehicles without a scratch on the car, almost spinning out on the bridge.  She is able to regain control and get across the bridge before any of the official vehicles were able to turn their lights on and be considered "in pursuit."  The One gets everyone across the border, and continues driving for another 10 to 15 minutes.  Once she realizes she is a safe distance from the border, she slows the car down as they pull into a small nearby town.

As the car stops, she stops and is audibly heard breathing pretty heavily.  She just stares forward before uttering words to everyone else.

The One: Everyone OK?

Hailey senses The One's anxiety and turns around and looks at both The Oracle and her brother.  Both from the back seat nod.

Hailey: We're good...

The One: Good...

It was at this moment I realized that I had done exactly what I had planned to do and I had saved The Oracle from the reach of The Compound.  But that didn't mean that the battle was over.  The Oracle was safe and could now begin to have a little more freedom, whereas I knew I still had issues with The Compound, and I believed that I wasn't alone in that feeling.  I believed that Hailey was right there with me and ready to take the fight to the next level with those who made a lot of people's lives hell, and exploited and extorted many for money.

So while the Exodus, itself, may have been completed, the chapter still has more before it's ready to turn the page.