Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Owen Cruze vs. Adam Allocco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, October 26, 2022
+++ ‘Level Up’ Wrestling School – New York 30th September 2022 +++

Once Chloe had agreed, Owen had taken her to show her around and hopefully introduce her to Finch, but unfortunately, he’d not been around. Time had passed very quickly after that day, what with Apocalypse and having to compete at that event, and so with Chloe’s start date being the 1st of October, they still hadn’t met. Knowing that Finch was an acquired taste, as was Chloe for that matter, he didn’t want to leave it till that first day, and so he had arranged to meet Finch at the school before everyone arrived for class. Owen had brought them all breakfast, croissants, and coffee in the hope that at this late hour, something didn’t throw a spanner in the works.

Chloe: So, why you brought me here at this ungodly hour? Is Finch really that difficult to get along with?

Owen: No, honestly, he’s not. It’s just that sometimes his mouth gets away from him and he doesn’t say the right things. It can wind people up.

Chloe: And you think he can wind me up? Many men have tried Owen, none of them have been intelligent enough to do so.

Owen: No, I don’t… but it’s not just Finch, is it?

Chloe: What do you mean?

Owen: Well, it’s not like you can’t be a pain in the ass either is it?

Chloe thinks on it for a few moments, gives the impression of shock, and then allows a grin to form on her face.

Chloe: Yeah, I guess you’re right.

Owen knew that he was probably worrying about nothing, but with the revamp he was about to undertake starting to gain momentum, he had to make sure that everything was in place to give them the best chance of success. Having two managers at loggerheads wasn’t going to help that process.

Owen: I don’t want you to think that I haven’t got faith in the both of you because I have. Finch has been running this place now for a while and is doing a heck of a job, and I know that underneath that brash exterior lies someone with far greater intelligence than either Finch or myself. I’m just putting a lot into this, and I don’t want it to be a failure… do you get me?

Chloe: Yeah, I get you, but I’m sure it will be fine. After all, it was always my life’s ambition to make you money, I’m living the dream here Cruzey.

Owen: You’re a dick

Chloe: You’re only embarrassed because my dick is bigger than yours.

Owen hears the front door close, and gets to his feet, opening the office door and expecting to see Finch, instead it’s Jason King making his way over to the locker rooms, seemingly surprised to see Owen.

Jason: Owen, bit early for you, isn’t it?

Owen: Not kidding, glad you’re here actually, I’d like you to meet someone.

Jason nods, walking over to the office where Chloe has already gotten to her feet.

Owen: Jason, this is Chloe, she’s our new Assistant Manager working directly with Finch. Chloe, this is Jason one of the trainers here.

They both shakes hands, Chloe with a strange look on her face.

Owen: Yes Chloe, Jason is very handsome.

Chloe: You are not kidding

Owen: He is also very married to one of the scariest women I’ve ever met.

Jason laughs

Jason: She’s a pussy cat Owen… but good to meet you, Chloe. Look forward to seeing what you bring. Sorry to be rude but prep to do… see you around.

Jason walks away in the direction he was headed before, Chloe opening her mouth.

Chloe: He is beautiful

Owen: I’m not kidding Chloe… Willow doesn’t suffer fools gladly, and she’s another of our trainers here.

Chloe: Understood… I’ll admire from afar. So, who else do I need to meet?

Owen: You’ll meet the folks from the shelter, most of them work around the place to pay for their lodgings until they are ready to get back into the big wide world. Reed was our first, and he’s been the most successful with regards to claiming his life back. We think that he could have the potential to be a wrestler… hits like a hammer. Then, the last person you really need to meet will be Adam who is my partner in this place. He’s a wrestler as well in a company called Elite Answers Wrestling… he’s a good guy but he’s just making his way in the business so doesn’t have as much time on his hands as I do. Plus he recently got married so he’s really into that honeymoon period at the moment.

Chloe: He knows about me though, right?

Owen: Of course… you, the revamp, we have spoken through all of it. Once we are in a position to move with the rebrand, you’ll probably see him around a lot more. I’m hoping that he takes a place on the team as well because he has a lot of life experience he could share with the students and how he dealt with it. Far better than I ever did that’s for sure. But yeah, top, top guy… you’ll like him.

Chloe: As much as Jason

Owen: Not like that Chloe… geez, you on heat or what?

They laugh, once again hearing the door and this time when Owen gets up, it is indeed Finch who has arrived. Weirdly, he wasn’t dressed in his usual tee shirt and tracksuit bottoms and had jeans and a shirt on… and had even left his usual baseball cap behind. On seeing Owen, Finch holds up his hand apologetically.

Finch: Am I late?

Owen glances at the large LCD clock on the wall

Owen: Nah, we were early.

He is just about to ask Finch about his attire when Finch looks over his shoulder and smiles.

Finch: Ah, you must be Chloe? I’m Finch.

Finch walks past Owen, almost shoving past, holding out his hand to Chloe, the pair of them shaking before Finch kisses the back of her hand.

Chloe: A Gentlemen huh?

Finch: I believe that women should be treated with the utmost respect.

Owen scowls, wondering who the hell this person was and what had he done with Finch. Chloe and Finch look at each other, for a duration that should have been uncomfortable, and yet they seem more than happy. Owen interjects, not quite sure what is going on.

Owen: Shall we?

He motions towards the office, Finch allowing Chloe to enter, before holding her seat for her till she sits. He then takes his own seat, Owen sitting down on the edge of the desk.

Owen: Well, seeing as the introductions are over…

Finch: So, Chloe, I hear you have a business degree.

The interruption stops Owen in his tracks, and Chloe’s response is so instantaneous, he doesn’t have time to recover the conversation.

Chloe: That’s right, only recently graduated with honors. I have an art degree as well, but it’s so difficult to find someone willing to take a chance on someone my age.

Finch: I can imagine.

Chloe: Owen was kind enough to give me this opportunity, even though it’s not something I want to be doing for the rest of my life. I want to be an artist, but hey, a girl gotta eat right?

Finch: Well, I for one am glad you are here.

Chloe: You know what, I’m glad to be here.

It had taken Owen a while, but finally he had caught on. He’d not seen it initially, but Finch had gone out of his way to make a good first impression, even putting on his best shirt for the occasion. Rather than be dismissive of Finch’s now obvious flirtations, Chloe seemed to be encouraging it. There is a momentary silence, as the two seem to have forgotten that Owen is even in the room. Owen takes this opportunity as a chance to speak.

Owen: So, in essence, what I want is the two of you to share responsibilities for the day to day running of this place. That includes the shelter and making sure that we are doing all that we can to make sure that the tenants are always moving towards a time when they will be able to stand on their own feet. Things like finding jobs through agencies, somewhere for them to live, that will be your domain. Working together to make it happen. Once we know what we can currently teach, then it will be your job to ensure we put in place a schedule that works, that optimizes the space we currently have, to make sure the building is never sat dormant. Once I’ve completed on the premises next door, things might change.

With his mind back on business rather than what he was thinking about Chloe’s pretty face, he asks a question that had been on his mind for a while.

Finch: So, are you going to let us in on the plan and why you are buying next door?

Owen grins, this was a matter that only Adan and he knew about, because they were the people who had put the money in to buy it. But now it was nearly completed, Owen didn’t see any issue letting them know.

Owen: I’m going to hopefully knock through to the other building and make it one massive premises. Upstairs will still be the shelter, but bigger, downstairs we will be able to have more equipment, more space and maybe an Octagon for the MMA classes. In essence, it will still be Level Up, if we continue to call it that, but on a much bigger scale.

Chloe: Don’t you think that’s a little ambitious?

Owen: For sure it is… but that’s why you are on board to give us the best chance of making it work. New York is a huge city. Kids from miles around will come to learn combat, as well as the honor and integrity that comes with it. Not only that, but it will also allow us to take more people in, which in turn means we’ll have more people doing an honest day’s work to keep the business running. It’s a step into the unknown, and there is nothing like it in the area, but I reckon with the two of you running the ship, and some of the best trainers around, people will be drawn to the place. You think this is ambitious Chloe… I’m thinking of opening schools all over America. This is just a baby step, a big toe in the water.

Chloe: Who are you right now? Where is that boy who just wanted to be a wrestler?

Owen: He’s still in there Chloe, I just want to do so much more in the world and be remembered for much more than simply throwing myself off the top rope. It’s not even about making money, because thanks to Dad and O-Cru I’ll never want on that score.

Finch: Alright show-off

Chloe laughs, a laugh that seems false, and is more than a little unnerving for Owen to hear, Chloe acting no better than a smitten schoolgirl.

Owen: So, do you think the two of you can work together.

Finch: I think so

Chloe: I don’t see why not.

Owen: Good…

Owen gets to his feet, just as Jason is coming out the locker room, kitted out and ready for the day.

Owen: Jason… first class is in fifteen minutes, right?

Jason: Yeah

Owen: Can you run Chloe through what we do… get her up to speed?

Jason: Sure… you wanna come over to the ring Chloe?

Chloe mouths ‘Thank you’ to Owen who shakes his head, before closing the door and now sitting down in a chair.

Owen: So, what do you think?

Finch: About Chloe?

Owen: No, about the state of the world, of course about Chloe.

Finch: She’s hot

Owen sighs, shaking his head yet again.

Owen: No, do you think you can work together?

Finch: Of course… does she have a boyfriend?

Owen: No… but remember you’ve got to work together Finch. I don’t want any problems.

Finch: Doesn’t worry, I’ll put on my best Finch charm.

Owen: That’s what worries me bro… seriously though, you reckon we can do this?

Finch: Build the best wrestling school on the planet… yeah, easy. No point doing things half measured right?

Owen: Too right… just keep your hands off the staff, OK?

Finch: Hey, she falls in love with me, what’s a man to do?

He laughs, which makes Owen chuckle as well. He wanted them to get along, and it seemed they would, but with their initial reaction to each other could it be more than that. Owen puts it to the back of his mind, he had more important things to deal with, namely the premises next door, and then the next step, the new branding. Thankfully, he knew exactly the right person to undertake that. Someone he hadn’t spoken with for a long time.

+++ ‘Level Up’ Wrestling School – New York 30th September 2022 +++

It made Owen smile that when he very first thought about this school, it was to wind Tommy up more than anything else. Over time though, that had become a secondary thought, and now he just wanted everything to be a success. Because of that, he wanted to ensure that the whole company was professional from the bottom up, and then including looking professional. To that end, he had immediately known who to get involved, someone he had worked with before. Someone who had once upon a time been family. Sat across him, the other side of the desk was none other than his former Auntie-in-Law Pixie Denning, Shaun’s ex-wife.

Pixie: Must admit Owen, I was surprised to get your call. How have you been?

Owen: Much better thanks Pixie… better than I was anyway. Glad to have those months behind me that’s for sure.

Pixie: You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself; you’ve been through a lot for one so young.

Owen: I’m not the only one to go through stuff… many got through it better than I did.

Pixie: Anyway, it would be nice if I was here just to catch up, but judging by your text message, that isn’t the case.

Owen: That obvious huh?

Pixie: Afraid so.

Owen pauses, for a moment feeling a little guilty that he hadn’t been in touch for anything other than wanting something.

Owen: Basically put, I’m about to totally revamp this place, and I need someone to deal with the branding, right from the top to the bottom. I’m going to need a web presence; I’m going to need training uniforms designed… and no doubt a whole raft of other things that I’ve not even thought of. That’s where hopefully you come in. You did all of this with O-Cru, I know Mom relied on you a lot to make that happen.

Pixie: She did… but I can’t move back to New York, I just can’t. The kids are settled now, I couldn’t put them through that. It’s a pleasant coincidence that I’m in the City now for a meeting, I’m flying back this afternoon.

Owen: That’s the thing, I don’t need you in New York, you can work from home as much as you like. I’m more than willing to work around you, to get a person that I can trust with this.

Pixie: That’s kind of you to say.

Owen: I’d give it Finch and Chloe to deal with, but they are going to have enough on their plate. In my head I know a brief outline of what it all needs to look like, and I know you can put that on the screen. You’ll have total control, and you have my total trust. So, what do you say?

Pixie: And I seriously wouldn’t have to leave Newquay?

Owen: On the odd occasion, that’s all. I promise.

Pixie thinks on it for a few moments, then starts to nod her head.

Pixie: OK, we can do this, but it’s going to cost you. I’m not cheap.

Owen: I know, but we don’t have to talk about that now. All I need is your verbal agreement so that I don’t have to look elsewhere. The rest we can discuss once I have sorted some other things out. So, we have a deal?

Pixie: In principle Owen… yeah, we have a deal.

She looks through the office window, and into the gym area, already building a picture in her mind, noticing one thing.

Pixie: One question?

Owen: Sure, fire away

Pixie: Are you precious about the name?

The name had come from a wrestling move Adam Lucas used, and Owen certainly wasn’t precious about it, neither did he think Adam would be.

Owen: Why?

Pixie: It’s sounds a little generic… not something I’d call a forward-thinking business.

Owen: Well, I you can come up with something better?

Pixie: Oh, I’m sure I can… leave it with me.

Owen looks over her shoulder at someone entering the gym that he didn’t recognize.

Owen: Just one second… can I help you?

Pixie turns around, Owen already out the door.

Pixie: It’s OK Owen, he’s with me.

Pixie gets to her feet, walking past Owen and linking arms with the man who is dressed in a very expensive looking suit.

Pixie: This is Bradley… my partner. Brad… this is Owen, Shaun’s nephew.

Owen: Oh right… I’m sorry mate, didn’t realize

Bradley: And neither should you have. Shaun’s a good guy speaks very highly of you.

He holds out his free hand, and the pair shake, Bradley unhooking his arm and reaching into his jacket, passing Owen a business card, Owen looking at it, then back at Bradley

Owen: Comer Real Estate huh?

Bradley: Don’t hold that against me… I’m nothing like those normally stuffy types.

Owen: I’ve been thinking of getting into that game myself. Only recently brought and renovated a property in Miami… this place as well.

Bradley: Seems like you have an eye for it. I thought about buying this property myself… not to make it a wrestling school though I admit.

Owen: In the process of buying the place next door as well, going to make it one property.

Bradley: I respect the courage… takes a lot to undertake a project like that. We should chat when I have more time, perhaps I could give you a few tips of the trade. I’m sorry, that sounds really patronizing, my apologies. Pixie here has done some fantastic interior design on some of my properties… maybe we could all work together on a project one day.

Owen: I’ve got my hands full now, but down the line, yeah maybe. The end game is to have places like this all over America.

Bradley: Sounds interesting… yeah, let’s talk about that when you have time.

Pixie: Well, much as I’d love to stand here and watch you boys talk shop, we have a flight to catch Brad.

Bradley: Of course. Good to meet you Owen and hope we talk soon.

They shake hands again, Pixie leaning forwards and kissing Owen on the cheek.

Pixie: I’ll be in touch and thank you for thinking of me.

Owen: Pleasure… see you soon.

Pixie and Bradley then make their way out the gym, Owen noticing Bradley taking in the place, nodding his head with hopefully appreciation, Owen not even noticing Finch walking up behind him.

Finch: Meeting go well?

Owen: Yeah, Pixie is going to do some work for us, I’ll give you her email and you can take it from here.

Finch: Cool, who was the guy?

Owen: Bradley Comer… seems like he’s a big deal Real Estate developer. Good guy to know.

Finch: Yeah? Miami give you the bug, did it?

Owen: You know what Finch; I think it did. But when it comes to the franchise, maybe he’ll be able to help. He’s bound to have contacts, and they may well come in handy.

Finch: Productive morning then?

Owen: For sure… ever had that feeling that everything is going right?

Finch: Occasionally… but it never lasts.

Owen: And that’s my biggest worry… like I’m just waiting for something to go wrong. Is that stupid.

Finch: No Owen, it’s being realistic. You got time to look over Andy’s evaluation on Reed?

Owen: Is it good news?

Finch: Think so… Andy has confirmed he’s ready to leave.

It was no surprise to Owen, Reed had always had a solid head on his shoulders, but this was the first person that they were going to put back into the real world. This was the acid test that what they were doing, was working. He therefore motions towards the office.

Owen: Then course I’ve got time.

They both enter the office, the door closing as the scene fades.

All is dark at the Level Up wrestling school, all that is heard is the occasional scuffling from upstairs, one of the residents of the shelter not sleeping, or perhaps fetching a glass of water. The camera pans through the building, arriving at the office where a single light is illuminated. The door opens, to show Owen Cruze sat at the desk, his hands clasped in front of him and resting on the table. Behind, the door shuts with a creak, as Owen starts to speak.

“I think if there is one thing that is certain, it’s that if anyone needed a victory last time out, it was myself. I think in the week prior to that match, I made it very clear how important the match against the Hairless Penguin was to me. Aside from the fact he eliminated me from Taking Hold of the Flame, and ‘payback’ that was required on that score, also, a constant at the back of my is Olek seemingly keeping a close eye on me and what I do. And I can’t disagree, he can’t be blamed. See, I think there is no question, Olek always has the potential to hold a grudge. We’ve seen it many times in the past, so it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility we are seeing it here again. And when I say I wouldn’t blame him, that is the Gods honest truth, I wouldn’t. How can I after what I did? He’s well within his rights to still be angry about that, even if it is over a year ago. But according to him, it’s not about that. From his own lips, we have heard that the only reason Olek is taking a personal interest in what I have been doing of late is him checking on his investment. Making sure I can still ‘go’. Well, I think that if you take Rise to Greatness out of the equation, a match I most certainly could have won if things had gone just the tiniest bit different, I have proven categorically that there is no one in this company that can excite a crowd as I do, the hardest worker in the room bar none. When I spoke of redemption, I knew that even after Rise to Greatness there would be those that still doubted my integrity. When you think about it in detail, it’s no surprise that perhaps the man who I disrespected more than any other would still have those niggling doubts at the back of his mind that I’m never more than a heartbeat away from another blow out. But that’s in all honesty the situation is of no difference to me. Proving myself is something I’ve been doing all my life, so if the boss is keeping a close eye on me, so be it. It doesn’t add any further pressure, or weight on my shoulders. Olek, and I’ll address this directly at you. You keep on attending the shows, it’s good to see you. You keep on purposely making a point to Shaun that I’m on your mind constantly, that those doubts still work their way through your brain on occasion. It literally inspires me to show you, and anyone else who shares your opinion, that I WILL be World Champion again, and that this time, I will be ready to carry that honor, in a way I wasn’t before. Olek, if you are the ‘redeemer’ in this story, and I need your blessing, then you can rest assured that I will make damn sure there is no excuse but for you to put me in that spot. You want effort, desire, determination and a whole world of ability, you are looking at it. Keep watching bro… because I’m only going to get better from here on in. And yeah, I may have been a little surprised initially, but if that needs to happen inside the Chamber where it all started to unravel, then so be it bro.”

Owen leans back in the chair, and to the photo of Orlando, Shaun and him that is perched besides the computer, a photo that had spent more than its fair share of time face down in a drawer gathering dust only a few months prior. It was testament to where he was right now that he was able to once again look at that picture with pride, so much achievement in one photo, with only one thing missing, his own legacy. He picks up the photo, looks at it, and then turns it towards the camera, a grin now forming on his face. He rests the picture back on the desk, but this time in front of him and facing the camera.

“Did you make this match against Adam Olek, or was it, Shaun? Perhaps you had a quiet word in the booking staff’s ear huh, because there is no doubt the hits just keep on coming. If there was a choice to be made this week, who it was that could test the newfound intensity I now possess, I think there is no question that my opponent is a more than suitable choice. SCW World Champion only a few months ago, his own intensity dialed up a notch due to the circumstances that he was dethroned. The owner of his own redemption story, coming full circle to claim a championship that had eluded him for so long. Yeah, the story received a bump in the road in the shape of Xander Valentine. Yeah, due to whatever was stated in the contract, you won’t get a chance at the title until Xander is no longer the own. But just like me, you feel like you have got everything to prove, don’t you? Losing that title, it wasn’t a part of your grand design, was it? Or at least not as soon as you did, and in that situation. Adam, there is no doubt you are a better man off the back of you getting the help you need. And personally, I’m happy for you. I know what it’s like to stare into that abyss and see only darkness starting back. I don’t know the full extent of your story, and I doubt you know mine, but what I do know is you standing here once again as a competitor, that’s an achievement by itself, though I doubt you recognize that right now. But with all that therapy, all that self-reflection. With everything now at least in your rear-view mirror, I must ask ONE question. A question that will define our altercation on Breakdown.”

He looks down at the photo and places his hand at the top of the frame.

“Do you still have the self-same obsession with my family? An obsession that has cost you on more than one occasion. Because if last Thursday is any indication, it looks to me you are the EXACT same person that you were before.”

Owen takes the photo and places it back in its original position, facing away from the camera. It was just that, a question, but Owen knew that the reaction from Adam was usually one of abuse and disrespect, and Owen needed to be sure that was no longer the case. The Cruze family had been a thorn in Adam’s side for nigh on a decade, and although Owen had done nothing personally towards him, in the past that same grudge had held firm. Whenever a Cruze was placed in Adam Allocco’s way, he went to the ends of the earth to try and embarrass them, even going as far as to disrespect Orlando’s death on more than one occasion. Had this new change of heart brought about any difference, Owen couldn’t be sure.

“See, you’ve always gone to great lengths to explain how you hate burns for my family, and you know what, not that long ago we could have probably sat down together and agreed. Thing is, I was out of my mind, I was lost… I wouldn’t have known what the heck I was saying. And would it be wrong of me to suggest that every time you speak about Orlando, or Shaun, or indeed myself there is only one emotion that shines through like a beacon. Yeah, of course you speak of Orlando not being that talented, or Shaun getting all the breaks because of his surname. Yes, you hate the fact that the Cruze name is known all around the world in most corners of the globe, and the Allocco name doesn’t quite hold to that same standing, even though you have probably achieved more than all of us put together. Problem is Adam, and I can refer to literally any statement you’ve ever made towards us, you can rant, and rave, and spit feathers as much as you need to. You can holler, spew venom, and disrespect my family name to the nth degree. But, when you strip it all back, look through the words and try and find an explanation, my Dad said it. Shaun said it, and now I’m going to say it. You are blinded by that hatred. Orlando, Shaun and now I… we’ve never hated you, even when you were being an absolute dick towards each one of us. How could we hate someone that was obviously so driven by jealousy that he couldn’t see the wood for the trees. It had nothing to do with professionalism, or ability, it was never about that, and that’s why I ask the question now. It was ALL about how Orlando and Shaun were perceived in this business, and the stature they held, even with all their obvious faults. And you know what Adam, I get it bro, truly I do. Seeing Shaun come up roses even after strangling a pregnant woman, of course that rankled. His success in almost everything he does must be like a dagger to the heart. Thing is Adam, when you then placed that hatred towards an eighteen-year-old kid, who DIDN’T receive a single hand out because of his surname and fought tooth and nail just like you did on your comeback, that was when you showed that the obsession you have with the Cruze family was out of control. To the point if you saw Taylor and Sebastian out and about, Seb would probably have to take your bullshit as well, it’s that deep rooted. Or at least it seems like it is… hence the question. Did you manage to work through that addiction in the same way you did everything else? Because for once, just once Adam… I’d like this to be quite simply about can I hang with one of the most talented wrestlers in the World. Someone on a par, and perhaps even better than Josh Hudson. Or perhaps I’m asking for too much of you?”

Owen pauses for a moment, there was no denying that comment, no debate in the slightest. It had taken Adam what, five months to come back and become World Champion, that wasn’t someone that could ever be overlooked though some might. Maybe that had been the problem, maybe Adam believed that Orlando, and then Shaun had never given him that respect he had earned.

“It’s funny isn’t it, how things turn out, to the point where probably more than most, I understand what you have been through. But the thing is, none of that really mattered when you stepped back in the ring. Even at your lowest, you were still a more than capable opponent, just like I almost won Taking Hold of the Flame with my emotions at their lowest ebb. You’ve always been someone who’s managed to keep his personal life out of the ring… I wish I would have been able to do that. But now, it can be argued that you are in the best shape of your life. And that’s why Adam, I don’t see this as a match against someone who has turned his life around, however impressive. Don’t think that I’m not giving you your props for achieving that, but it has little bearing on what will transpire on Breakdown. I don’t see this as a match against someone who may or may not hate my family… just as I can confirm that both Orlando and Shaun never felt that way, or at least that’s the story I’ve been told. After all, you did become World Champion on Shaun’s watch… any real hatred on his part and you wouldn’t have even been in Taking Hold of the Flame. No, do you know how I see his match, Adam? If you don’t, worry not, because I’m going to tell you. I see this as a match against someone who barring a contract, would still be the World Champion. I see someone who was a victim of circumstance, rather than any lack of talent. But most of all Adam, I see someone the other side of the ring that beating would send a real message to the people that matter. I see someone that if I can defeat them, it would propel me into the World Championship picture once again. Nigh on three years since I last held that spot, beating you Adam Allocco would be one of the biggest statements, one of the biggest and most defining nights of my life. Especially as it seems you still have me down as a ‘whiny little kid’. And your reasoning? Because I don’t agree with you.

Adam, truth is I couldn’t care less what you learned in rehab. What’s good for you, what works for you, doesn’t automatically mean that its right for me. I mean, you learned that you must TAKE opportunities when they present themselves, and I understand that. But rebuilding my reputation is a lot more difficult than what you went through rebuilding yours, because you’ve ALWAYS been an asshole, and it seems like nothing has changed. I’m not taking away what you’ve been through, it’s obviously been a struggle, but you didn’t have to come back and prove yourself a changed man did you? I was a good guy, recognized by most as loving this industry and my place in it, you’ve always been a selfish prick only in this for yourself. So of course, the match came as a surprise… I was looking at a United States rematch… THEN the World Championship came along. And there is no question, the Chamber being mentioned came as a shock to me. As you don’t seem to realize, even the mention of that structure could have been quite triggering. If you had been paying attention, you would have heard me say quite clearly that I will make the most of it, even if it DID lead to my downfall when I last held the World Championship. So, Adam, I plan on taking that opportunity, and showing that the Chamber doesn’t hold that same fear for me as it did all those years ago. What this is Adam, is just the same as me proving myself to Olek, and he think he knows that if he had anything to do with this. This is just another example of me not being anything like the person I was before. With no intention of looking this gift horse in the mouth. If I’m being put in this Chamber purposely, then you know what, I’m going to win it. Maybe, just maybe this isn’t a grudge… maybe SCW is helping me slay ALL my demons. One, by one. Maybe, I need this Chamber match, to be able to completely and fully move on from everything that happened before.”

Was Owen being naïve? Was his first thoughts, that Olek held a grudge more likely than any assistance he was giving? Or maybe, just maybe this was his way of admitting he had made mistakes with Owen’s career and was looking to try and put them right.

“But that’s for another time Adam, I don’t want you to think I am focusing on that Chamber when that simply isn’t the case. Going into that Chamber, I am going to need to continue this momentum I am on. I am going to need all the intensity I now bring to the table. To do that Adam, I can’t come up short now, not with so much now being put at stake. 2021 was a shitty year for both of us Adam. 2022 has been much better. I now have the chance to end this year with the World Championship in my possession, and the only way I will end into the back end of the year with the confidence that I can do that, is by outwrestling you in front of the eyes of the world, and then outlasting you within the confines of the Chamber. And that Chamber won’t be all about us Adam, no matter how much you believe it will be all about you, and your chances of reclaiming YOUR title. But this week, in that very ring, it IS all about us. And to anyone watching, anyone who may still have those doubts about me, I ask ONE favor. I ask that you pull up a chair, find a monitor or a television screen, and watch what I do. Adam Allocco is a bona fide SCW legend. Adam Allocco is probably one of the top five wrestlers in the World. Adam Allocco will ALWAYS be main event, that’s a given and always a shoe in for any of the titles on offer. But on Breakdown, accepting all that evidence, I shall be one thing. The one thing that truly matters

BETTER.

Better in every aspect of our profession. Better in the way I will conduct myself whether in victory, or in defeat. Better in the way I use that ring to my advantage. Better, in picking up the pinfall or submission, an occurrence that will no doubt shock you, and many others to their core.

Quite

Simply

BETTER.

Because Adam Allocco, I am a CRUZE. And whether you care to admit it or not, that means something. To me, and millions of people around the world. Judge, Scoff, Whine and Bitch about me… I simply do not care, because when I win, all you are going to have left is excuses. You can’t accept that I’ve changed, and that’s fine, you’ve left me with very little option but to show you. And when that bell rings, my music hits and you are left once again wanting to curse the Cruze family, save your breath. Save your breath till Under Attack, when I walk into that Chamber and repeat the process against you and whoever else is named.”

A smile forms on his face, as he salutes the camera.

“It’s time to work on that legacy.”

He winks at the camera now.

“MY legacy.”

He leans forwards in the chair again, once again clasping his hands together just like they were when he began. The scene then slowly fading.