Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Ducky’s Birthday Bash!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Winner Receives a Title Shot….what kind….we don’t know….

How do you win? Uh…we don’t know that either…

What are the rules? We know you need to wear a onesie…otherwise…uh…just ask Ducky okay?!

Entrants include:
Ducky
Hairless Penguin
The Dancing Bear
Selena Frost
Ravyn Taylor
Xander Valentine
Gavin Taylor
Kimberly Williams
Datura

More entrants may be added…depending on who Ducky has given invitations too!

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, October 26, 2022
1 of 2
=====

==========
October 20th, 2022
Minneapolis, MN
Off Camera
==========

One had to ask, what would be the next move for Kimberly Williams after regaining her beloved SCW Underground Championship at Apocalypse? Angelica Jones, the erstwhile guide and mother of The Woman Scorned, managed to get Kimberly a one on one match against the new SCW United States Champion Glory Braddock. A standard match isn’t exactly Kim’s idea of a good time but for her mother’s sake she took the match. Not only did she take the match but she took full advantage of it and picked up a big victory, proving to the world that there is more to the deranged ginger than meets the eye. Now with yet another big victory under her belt and with the momentum sending her sailing into the right direction, Kimberly felt that the time was right for her to make her own move.

In Minneapolis, Minnesota for Breakdown the SCW Underground Champion struck in the middle of the Underground Rules Match between Sarah Wolf and Konrad Raab. Her purpose is anyone’s guess. But the outcome was plain to see. Williams brutalized Sarah Wolf with her deadly plushie penguin Wasley. Then for good measure she struck Konrad with it as well. Kim got to have her fun for the evening.

Backstage at the Target Center people are busily rushing to and fro as they get ready to leave the arena for the evening. Another eventful night is Breakdown has concluded and everyone is getting packed up and prepared to leave. Everyone here is already anxiously anticipating next week in Washington DC which will host the birthday bash for one Ducky. The beloved, naive, childlike alter ego of Nicole Kinneck has utilized her trios contract to create the most unique of matches…if you want to call it a match. All that we know for certain is that a world championship match is promised to the winner. Attendance and participation is by invite only and one individual who received an invitation was none other than Kimberly herself.

The Woman Scorned is excited about next week’s big adventure. Her mother, Angelica Jones, cannot see why she would be looking forward to this; after all, the prize is a World Title Match. Kim has already made it clear that she only cares about the SCW Underground Championship. So what is Kim’s game? What is she up to now? Why does she want to participate in Duck’ys birthday bash? A lot of questions remain unanswered as Breakdown closed tonight. Kim’s mother hopes to get some of those answers before she and her daughter leave the Target Center here tonight in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Good luck with that. First she has to find her demented daughter. The Underground Chamion has wandered off and Angelica Jones cannot seem to find her. And as seen in the past, an unsupervised Kimberly Williams can prove to be very dangerous.

“Kim?” This is the voice of Angelica Jones, ringing out in the backstage area of the Target Center. She is dressed in black pants, black boots, a red silk blouse, and a black leather jacket. Her long red hair hangs down freely and unrestrained to well past the shoulders. She stops occasionally to ask an official she may recognize if they have seen her daughter. So far no such luck. No one has seen Williams anywhere. Unfortunately, the realization that Kim may not be found anytime soon is beginning to dawn upon Angelica. She knows all too well about how good her daughter is at falling off the face of the earth. “Kim, where are you?”

Suddenly she spots some hope. It is a longshot but it is something. Angelica sees her first cousin, the SCW United States Champion Glory Braddock standing not too far away in a corner. Braddock has already changed out of her ring gear and is wearing denim jeans, a purple t-shirt, and sandals. Angelica sighs as she makes her approach. A warm, friendly smile forms upon her face.

“Glory, have you seen Kim?”

“Kim? You mean that dirty cheater?” she shakes her head. “No, I haven’t seen her.”

“I take it you’re still sore over losing to her?”

“She cheated!” Glory snaps back.

“How is it HER fault that YOU didn’t know your shoulders were down for a three count?”

“She got lucky, Angel. It’s as simple as that. I am the United Kingdom Champion. She’s the champion of garbage wrestling. But you know what really eats me alive about your daughter? She has the chance to earn a World Championship Match next week in Washington DC. She was invited to that stupid onesie wearing Ducky nonsense that could earn her a World Title Match but she has said herself that she doesn’t care about world titles.”

“You could have been invited too.” Angelica shrugs her shoulders. “I guess you haven’t endeared yourself to Ducky.”

“I’m happy being the United Kingdom Champion. But at least I do know that I could achieve more and at least I respect the world championship. Kim doesn’t give a damn about any of it unless it is the Underground Title. You have to admit that somewhere deep down inside that it bothers you. You are a thirteen time world champion. Your own flesh and blood doesn’t want to follow in your footsteps. Doesn’t that bother you?”

“Not at all.” Angelica shakes her head. “Let Kim follow her own path.”

“Pfft…” Glory scoffs. She then turns her head in time to spot Kimberly skipping happily in their direction. Williams is wearing torn denim jeans, flip flops, and a t-shirt in German colors that reads ‘Oktoberfest Is My Favorite Wrestler’ on the front. She is carrying her loaded and deadly penguin Wasley who has already had quite a night already. Braddock smirks and motions towards Kim. “There’s your pride and joy. Isn’t she such a proud member of your little dynasty, huh Angel?”

“Shut up, Glory.” Angelica snaps angrily.

“Anyone talking about me?” Kim says as she steps in between the two. Kim waves happily at Glory. “Hi there! We should fight again sometime?”

“Maybe we can. Put that title of yours on the line.”

“But why should I?” Kim shrugs. “Based on your logic, I should get a shot at YOUR title?”

“But you don’t care about anything except that stupid Underground Title.”

“You’re right! Maybe you can have a shot at Wasley then?”

“Huh?” Glory asks, rather confused about this statement. Then Kim drops Wasley on Glory’s exposed foot. “Ouch! God damn it!”

“Oops!” Kim shrugs and smiles sheepishly as she watches Glory drop to her knees and clutch her foot in pain. “Clumsy me!” Even Angelica cannot help but laugh at Glory’s current predicament.

“Maybe you should go see the trainer before you leave?” Angelica suggests as she watches, with a grin on her face, Glory trying hard to push herself back up to her feet.

“I’ll…ouch!” She exclaims, clearly in pain. “...I’ll be fine!” Glory limps away. This leaves Kimberly and Angelica alone. Once Braddock is out of sight and out of mind, Angelica turns and embraces her daughter in a tight hug; mostly out of relief for seeing Kimberly is safe and partially because what she just did to the annoying Glory Braddock was entertaining.

“That was great!”

“Thank you!” Kim takes a playful bow after the hug is ended.

“Where were you, though?”

“I was in catering. I wanted another doughnut!”

“Right.” Angelica rolls her eyes. “That doughnut was in no way just an excuse to avoid talking to me, was it?”

“Now why would I want to avoid talking to my favorite mother?”

“Only mother.” Angelica retorts. “And Kim, you were very busy tonight. You were busier than you should have been. Some things were outside of your control but there were other things that you brought on yourself. Either way, we have a lot to talk about.”

“Talk is boring. Action is fun!” Kim says with a devilish grin on her face.

“Is that why you decided to involve yourself in Wolf and Raab’s match tonight?” Angelica asks as she places her hands on her hips like a disappointed parent. Which, to be perfectly honest, she IS a disappointed parent right now.

“I know I promised to behave. I promised to be good. And I have been following your rules, mom. But let’s face it, people like Sarah Wolf will not follow your rules or anyone else’s rules. If you were paying attention to what the talking heads out there were saying, ol’ Wolfie is known for her ambush attacks. But that’s not all she’s known for. She’s known for not letting go of a grudge. She needs to take Elsa’s advice and LET IT GO…LET IT GOOOOOOOO….”

“Your point?” Angelica asks as she holds up a hand to silence Kim.

“Right…my point is that Wolfie wasn’t going to stop just because of what happened at Apocalypse. I beat her…and Onesie…and DeeDee McFrosty…and Autumn Valentine to regain my Underground Championship. But did you think she was going to let that stop her? She still hasn’t gotten over being eliminated by Hairless Penguin at Taking Hold of the Flame. She blames me for losing the tag title match at Rise To Greatness. I needed to put her down once and for all.”

“And you think beating her half to death with that penguin achieved that goal?”

“Eh, probably not.” Kim smirks devilishly. “But it damn sure sent a message! Sometimes you need a preemptive strike. How many times have you done that in your career, mom?”

“Fair point.” She sighs. “But what about Konrad? I thought you liked him?”

“I do! That’s why I hit him!”

“Huh?”

“Me and Oktoberfest have a unique relationship. Most people send each other greeting cards or text messages or some other way to be friendly like playing checkers or whatever. Me and Oktoberfest try to murder each other. It’s our version of miniature golf.”

“Does Konrad see it like that?”

“Of course…maybe?” Kim smiles sheepishly. Angelica rolls her eyes.

“For your sake I hope you’re right.”

“I know I’m right. Now do you need to interrogate me any further? I mean, I’d like to get home to Massachusetts and make sure my unicorn onesie is all clean and ready for Breakdown next week!” The SCW Underground Champion begins clapping happily. “I am soooooo looking forward to Ducky’s birthday!”

“Uh, yeah, speaking of that…I know you said you didn’t care about the potential title match offered to the winner…”

“No, I’m not interested.” Kim shakes her head. “I already have the one title I am interested in possessing and defending. Xander can execute anyone he wants. Glory can rename that title of hers all she wants. Datura can be Adrenaline Champion. I am gonna keep this Underground Title and this division all to myself. I do not care about anything else.”

“Yeah?” Angelica smirks. “I do not believe you.”

“Well it is the truth!”

“Kim, I believe that you are passionate about making the Underground Division worth something. I believe that you are passionate about being the best Underground Champion in SCW history. I believe that. But I do not believe that you absolutely do not care about any other championship.” she reaches out and places a hand on her shoulder. “We have only recently been this close. That’s my fault. But I have followed your career. I remember how proud you were when you beat Bree for the United States Title. I remember how happy it made you to be tag champion with your sister Marie. And I still remember how passionate you were in the build up to the world title gauntlet. Do you remember it? Ace Marshall used his trios contract to put the title on the line. What you said about proving to the entire world that anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it…that’s what you said about winning the world title.”

“I didn’t mean any of it.” Kim snaps back.

“If you were faking it then you are a damn good actress.” Angelica sighs deeply. “Look, I’m not going to be like Shaun Cruze. I’m not going to force you into a world title match. That’s asinine. All I’m saying is think about it. Somewhere deep down in there I believe lies the heart of a future world champion.” She smiles warmly. “You just have to find her.”

“I appreciate the positive vibes, mom, but future world champion?” Kim shakes her head. “You got the wrong daughter. Maybe Marie. Maybe Jessica. But not me. I’m the death match fighter…or garbage wrestler as Glory put it.”

“Glory is full of shit.” Angelica states quickly and sharply. “You are my daughter. I know you can do this. And to prove my faith in you, I have a gift.”

“Oh a gift?!” Kim happily applauds. “Is it a pony? I always wanted a pony!”

“Not a pony…” Angelica reaches into her pocket and produces a chain of beads. She places it in Kim’s right hand. “...a rosary.”

“What?” Kim looks at the traditional Catholic prayer beads curiously. She has seen them before but has never owned one. She looks back up at her mother, obviously curious as to what this is all about.

“This was my mother’s rosary.” Angelica says with a tear in her eye. “I have cherished this for a very long time. I’d like for you to have them now.”

“But…” Kim pauses and then tries to hand them back while shaking her head “...I can’t. I’m not…”

“You’re not what? You’re not Catholic? Maybe not yet but that can change if you decide to. But so what if you’re not Catholic? You are still my daughter and this belonged to your grandmother. This is yours by heritage.”

“But what about Aunt Kayla? Or my sisters?”

“I’ve talked to them. They all agree.” She pushes Kim’s hand that contains the rosary back towards Kim’s chest. “We want you to have them. Kim, you have been on this quest to try and figure out who you are. You have done incredible detective work into your father’s past…into my past…all just to see who you are. But the answer has been right here in front of you the entire time. You are a Jones. You are my daughter. You are part of this family.”

Kim takes the rosary and clutches it closely to her chest. “Y’know, meeting Sister Maria and learning about you, the secret life you have kept hidden away from the rest of the world, even from your family, learning about that has helped me realize how right you are…”

“Oh yeah?” Angelica asks. Kim nods her head.

“We were both abandoned, rejected by our family. We both let society and circumstance turn us into violent hateful beings. We both needed a second chance in life. And we both were lucky enough to have people willing to give us that second chance.”

Angelica embraces Kim in another tight hug. “I’m sorry, Kim. I should never have kept this part of my life from you.”

“No, I should apologize. I always held a grudge against you for abandoning me. But now I see how similar we both are. I see that much like me, forces outside of your control pressured you into some bad decisions and mistakes. I’m just glad we both get a chance to start over.”
OOC: Nicole said it was open…

The Onesie, Pt. One
The Witches of Alden

”Childhood”

Frost ‘Forever Home’
Manhattan, New York
October 21st, 2022
4:43pm

Deanna felt the rays of the sun against the back of her neck and she lifted up her head from her knelt position, using her forearm to wipe at the sweat on her brow – her hands were covered in dirt from her digging. The brief rest complete, she finished her task of packing in the dirt around the tombstone, ensuring that the ‘skull’ appeared to be popping out of the soil, along with the hand that was ‘grasping’ the ground, as if the occupant were trying to escape.

“Now, all I gotta do is hope it doesn’t get ruined when it rains.” She breathed quietly to herself, stepping back to admire her handiwork and casting a glance towards the sky, where only a few clouds floated amidst the cool, fall day.

Before her was the front yard of her and Selena’s ‘Forever Home’ and the sight caused a quiet, yet content sigh from Deanna’s features. She and Selena had really gone all out in this. For the past few weeks, they had spent all their free time (non-wrestling time and while their children were at school) searching throughout Manhattan and parts of New York, including the big city, for Halloween decorations. Each day, they added a bit more to each section, doing their best to complete the three sections of their property each with a different ‘monster’ or ‘concept’ in mind. The woods leading to their house (still on their property) was The Wolfman, the front yard was the basic ‘cemetery’ which bled into Frankenstein, and the exit off the property to the other parts of the neighbourhood was Dracula.

All and all, it was a fun adventure, if their children were any indication – David continuously would run through the entire set of scenes. Back and forth he would go, under the Wolfman and Frankenstein monsters’ frames – all of them were so much taller than he was. For now… Deanna smiled, imagining her boy growing up to be taller than even Selena.

For a moment, the redhead stole a glance to the front porch where the platinum-blonde sat, sapphire eyes glued to the screen of her laptop. Unlike the younger Deanna, who wore track pants and a loose red sweater, the Snow Queen wore blue jeans and a dark-green sweater that was a bit too big for her, the neck-hole showing a bit of the pale flesh of her collar and left shoulder, where her black snowflake tattoo was. Her hair was tied in its usual braid and the shade of the porch overhang kept her out of the sun.

Returning her attention back to her own project, Deanna gave one last look at her progress. There was more to do, a few details here and there, but she had needed to do some work by herself today, which was why Selena was an on-again/off-again spectator, sitting on the porch. The redhead had needed the distraction from getting too excited over the news of becoming the next challengers for the SCW tag-team titles, for one, and for the second…

Taking a deep breath, Deanna closed her eyes, trying to will herself not to turn her head and gaze down the Black Arrow neighbourhood road.

“Don’t do it.” She heard Selena call out, opening her eyes to see the older woman hadn’t moved her eyes from the screen. “You’re only going to make yourself feel bad.”

Despite her wife’s advice, Deanna turned around, casting her emerald gaze out towards the roads, immediately feeling the breath leave her as she beheld Leslie Sanderson’s house. In the week or two that had followed their last interaction with their annoying neighbourhood, Deanna had thought that the grandiose purchase that Leslie had flaunted with the stone gargoyle in her front yard was meant to be a ‘one and done’ thing. Apparently, Leslie had not thought so and had purchased three more to cover her front yard. The first two were the same size as the first but one was bald with long wings linked into his side and arms and the other gargoyle was…well, it looked more like some kind of gargoyle hound and had no wings. 

But last Tuesday? Deanna rolled her eyes at that memory. Tuesday, Selena and her had been in the throngs of passion – well, actually, they were beginning to ‘stoke’ the throngs of passion, kissing one another deeply in the kitchen when a knock on the door had interrupted them. At first, they had considered ignoring it, but the risk that it could be their children from school (some kind of emergency) had changed their minds – though both women would later wish they had left well-enough alone. Standing on their porch had been Leslie, all smiles as she ‘just had’ to show them her latest gargoyle. This one was bigger in frame than the others, with large wings and broad shoulders. She had moved all the gargoyles to her yard (well, her hired help had) and this large one now stood as some kind of ‘leader’ or ‘head piece’, Selena hadn’t been sure and neither had Deanna. Still, Leslie’s display had not been so unclear – she was showing off, trying to discourage Deanna... and partially succeeding.

With only another ten days before Halloween and the big neighborhood party/contest, the lot of statues had stood on Leslie’s yard and, while both Frost wives found them gorgeous in terms of appearance, the gargoyles were now a big eyesore in the yard. There was no ‘rhyme or reason’ to Leslie’s display. The gargoyles were just ‘there’ and contrasted with the lights and decorations. The annoying neighbour had witches mechanically ‘flying’ on some dial on her roof. She had ghosts hanging from various corners and lights strewn here and there and a giant spider was in front of one of the windows. 

In short, it all looked very expensive but it was all flash – seeming to be thrown around randomly or something. Despite that, Deanna had been a little dejected. She knew the neighborhood judges wouldn’t see that. They’d just see the money Leslie had thrown into the expensive ornaments (which she was sure, at this point, equaled a good month of Selena’s salary as an SCW icon). Not that she had ‘skimped out’ but they had collected some of these things over the years and had stayed as local as possible. It was supposed to be ‘fun’ and Leslie was just trying to bury everything by outspending them. 

With a sigh and a shake of her head, Deanna turned away from the mess that was her neighbour’s house, marching the few steps towards the porch where Selena sat. She had barely set a foot onto the cool stone before the accented voice filled her ears.

“Told you not to look.” Selena shot in, keeping her eyes on her screen, her finger pushing one of the buttons with a steady ‘click’. 

“I know.” Sighed Deanna before shuffling towards Selena, helping herself to sitting in her wife’s lap, her legs hanging over the left side. Selena barely acknowledged the sudden presence, instead merely wrapping her arms around her wife’s thin waist and adjusting herself to accommodate the redhead, the former world champion’s head barely shifting away from the screen.

Comfy after a moment, Deanna rested her head against the side of Selena’s. “I think I did a good job with the front yard.”

For a moment, Selena’s eyes flashed to the specified space, taking in the details. “I think so too.” She gave an assuring smile to her beloved. “David seems to like it. He’s even rakes the leaves when he gets home.”

“Yeah…” Deanna half-laughed/half-huffed. “So he can jump into the pile.”
A sigh came from the Snow Queen. “It’s wonderful, isn’t it?”
“Kind of.” Deanna agreed, mirroring her wife’s sigh. “I’ve been taking this thing with Leslie so seriously… I sort of forgot that we first started decorating this space for the kids.”

She felt Selena nod her head. When they had first moved into this house over six years ago, with Deanna pregnant with David and Elsianna soon to join them, that had been one of the appeals of this ‘Forever Home’. Decorating it every season and holiday for their children. To see their faces light up for Christmas, New Year’s, 4th of July, and… yes, Halloween. And, of course, both Selena and Deanna had felt the sting when David had remarked on how ‘cool’ the gargoyles in Leslie’s backyard looked. They couldn’t blame the boy! Even they had been intrigued by the creatures, Selena even remarking how gorgeous they looked, but still… it stung that Leslie had gained their son’s interest by simply buying it.

“She brings out the worst in you, I think.” Selena remarked. “But then again, there’s a handful of people that do that to me in SCW, so I’m hardly one to talk about the one person that does that to you.”

Deanna did not envy her wife that. Nearly a decade as a wrestler and Selena had a good number of people that knew not only how to push her buttons, but did so out of pure enjoyment. People that were still in SCW like Ravyn and Xander Valentine came to mind, but the history was wide and full of such people.

“Soon as this is over, the better.” Selena remarked. “I think we can agree on that.”

Deanna nodded her head. She felt guilty that so much of this was consuming her and her time, especially when they had a shot at the SCW World tag-team championships just a week after Halloween, their first chance ever to become champions together! “I can…”

“Don’t even think about bailing out.” Came the pressing voice of Selena. “If you don’t see this through, it will haunt you and get in the way of Under Attack. Remember how Xander got in my head?”

Deanna nodded, assuming Selena meant the beating the Executioner had put on the Snow Queen that saw Xander take the SCW United States Championship from her. “That why you’ve been looking at this screen for the last few hours?”

“Well, you said you wanted to do the decorating by yourself today.” Selena answered with a shrug of her shoulders, her eyes still on the screen. “But yes. I want this dealt with so we can focus on Under Attack.”

“What is it you’re even looking into?” Deanna asked, finally casting her gaze towards the screen to see the web page title. “Sleep-over games?” She read aloud. “What is this?” she asked.

“For Breakdown.” Selena explained.

“Selena…” Deanna tilted her head. “It’s a birthday party, isn’t it?”

As if prepared for this observation from her wife, Selena nodded her head. “A party with us wearing onesies.” She remarked. That particular element had thrown her off. She had never worn a onesie in her life! Even as a child! These days, she either slept in her magenta nightgown or naked – either way, she was often with Deanna when she slept, the redhead wrapped in her arms. “I’m prepared for a birthday party.” She remarked. “I’ve had several for Elsianna, David and Amiliah, but the sleepwear she’s making us wear? I’m not taking any chances.”

For that, Deanna could understand. She found the whole idea odd but exciting, however, the inclusion of Kim Williams AND Datura AND Ravyn Taylor ANNNNNND Xander Valentine was enough to make her uneasy as well. Still, why was her wife researching such a common thing in one’s childhood?

“Why would you need to research the idea of a sleepover, Selena?” she asked.

“Fortune favors the prepared, pet.” Selena answered as she read the current list she had of ‘things to do in a sleepover’. “I don’t know what Nicole’s planning and SCW has no clue on the rules, so I rather cover the basics so I don’t get thrown off. Last thing I want is to have Xander have ‘insurance’ on his title reign or Ravyn to be next in line after the chamber.”

“No… I mean…” Deanna tried to rephrase. “Why do you need to research sleepovers? It’s not that complicated. Friends come over, they play games, share secrets, watch movies, and then go to sleep. It’s pretty easy. Sort of like a birthday party except for the added ‘sleeping part’.”

“Uh-huh.” Selena nodded as she continued to read. “Says there’s a lot of games involving the word ‘killer’, ‘murder’, ‘corpse’- tell me at least four people who got invites can’t use that to their advantage.“

“That’s just some card games based on mystery and such.” Deanna replied. “I actually liked ‘Murder in the Dark’.”
“That sounds like Nicole’s or Pro’s or even Luna’s style.” Selena remarked sharply. “How do you play?”

“What do you mean? You just use cards to assign roles and-” Deanna started before a sudden thought came to her. One that she hadn’t considered until that moment. “Selena…” she breathed. “Have you… have you never had a sleepover?”

For a moment, Selena turned her head to observe her wife, sapphire eyes taking in the small woman’s frame. “Is that so surprising?” she half-smirked. “I was the most reviled person in Nome till my mid-20s. They hated my dad, bullied me – I mean, I hardly think teenage Gavin would have wanted me for a sleepover… which sounds gross now that I think about it!” she shivered a little at the mere thought.

“So, what about you and Talia as kids?” Deanna tried. “When you were still friends-“ Selena stopped her by shaking her head knowingly.

“Her parents ‘tolerated’ her being friends with me but the last thing they wanted was for word to spread that they had let ‘The Snow Queen’ spend the night in their house. Wouldn’t have gone well.”

“So, you’ve NEVER had a sleepover? Never? Not once?”

“Nope.” Selena shook her head. “To be honest, it doesn’t sound like I missed all that much. I mean, it doesn’t bother me. The only reason I’m looking it up now is because I don’t know what the hell I am supposed to do to win this thing and how to keep Xander and Ravyn from winning.”

In truth, Selena could accept the idea of someone like Kim or Gavin or Datura getting a chance at the world title (in two of those cases, a ‘second’ chance at the world title), but she didn’t want to think of a situation where Xander had both the title and a ‘future title shot’. The man was obsessed with keeping the world title in his possession, not for integrity or for the betterment of the title, but for himself. And Ravyn? After barely surviving that match at Apocalypse where Ravyn had TASERED her? No. She refused to let Ravyn have that kind of power again. Not if the Snow Queen could help it.

Still, Deanna’s observation did cause a bit of reflection. It was true, she hadn’t really thought she missed anything in not participating in ‘sleepovers’ with friends. She had accepted her exile and the hatred of Nome as something that ‘just was’ since her youth. So, the idea of being liked or even loved just wasn’t in the cards. It wasn’t until she had escaped Nome and become an SCW superstar that she had tried to think otherwise. But she didn’t regret her past nor did she feel like she ‘missed out’ on anything.

“I mean…” she turned her gaze to her emerald-eyed wife. “Did you?”

“Of course!” Deanna smiled quickly. “Great time! Loads of fun!”

“I’m assuming this was before you came out and trouble started?”
“Yeah.” Deanna nodded. “Still…” she huffed. “Selena, you need to have a sleepover at least once in your life!”

“Deanna…” Selena laughed. “I’m 33 years old. That ship has kind of sailed. Besides, I just want to be ready for whatever Nicole has planned or whatever Ravyn or Xander might make her do.”

“Nope! You need hands on experience!” Deanna exclaimed, clapping her hands. Suddenly, she was out of Selena’s lap and marching towards their house’s front door. Opening it with a twist of the doorknob, Deanna leaned in and called out. “Elsianna!”

Within seconds, there was movement that even Selena could hear; small steps rushing from somewhere else within the house and growing louder in the Snow Queen’s ears until the young girl popped her head out from the doorway. “Yes, mom?” she asked, Selena able to see her daughter’s hair, so like her own, and black t-shirt and sweatpants, not to mention the black-lace gloves she wore that covered her hands and forearms.

“How would you feel about having Asuna, Becky and Carla over for a sleepover this weekend?” Deanna asked, causing the child’s eyes to widen.

“Wha…really?” Elsianna’s mouth hung open a little. “Can…can we play dungeons and dragons?”
“Absolutely!” Deanna exclaimed, clapping her hands together. “And watch movies and all the things that you kids do.”
“Can I…can I call them and ask?” Elsianna asked, wanting to make sure she was allowed to use the phone.
“Yep. Just one thing.” Deanna held up one finger to indicate the number before those hands rested on Selena’s shoulders gently.
“Hunny…” Selena tried, her mind already putting the pieces of Deanna’s ‘plan’ together.
“Let your mother join in on the fun.”

“Sweetheart, she doesn’t want her mother hanging with her and her friends.” Selena tried again. “She’ll feel embarrassed and self-conscious.”
“No, she won’t.” Deanna challenged, turning her head back to Elsianna. “Will you?”

Throughout this exchange, Elsa had remained silent, but upon being targeted by her mom’s question, she gave a little shrug of her shoulders. “I don’t think so. I mean… Mother, will you want to play with us?”

“I…” Selena wasn’t sure how to answer that question, eventually shrugging her shoulders. “You know I love playing with you and your brother and sister. But I don’t want to take something fun for you and I…”

“Elsianna…” Deanna interjected, earning her daughter’s attention. “Your mother has never had a sleepover before.”

The directness of that fact caused the child’s eyes to widen before they found Selena again. “You haven’t?!”
“I…” Again, Selena found difficulty with finding her words. “I didn’t have many friends when I was your age, snowflake. You know that.”

“But… not even one?” Elsianna sounded so sad with that question, like she had found a wounded bird on the side of the road.
“Not really.” Selena shook her head honestly.

“So…” Deanna pressed. “You think you could let her join you and your friends?”

It took only a second for Elsianna to nod her head. “I’ll go call them.” She stated before disappearing back into the house, leaving the Frost wives alone again.

“You know this isn’t going to help me with my Breakdown match, right?” Selena challenged.
“You said ‘fortune favors the prepared’.” Deanna countered. “Some real hands-on experience will help.”

“Hands-on experience with three normal, SANE children.” Selena interjected. “Nicole is NONE of those things. And we don’t even know if it’s her that’s gonna be in the driver’s seat during the match!”

“Well…” Deanna shrugged. “Some things you just can’t prepare for.”

With a long exhale, Selena breathed out from her nostril before nodding her head. That part was beyond true. She had no idea, no matter how much she prepared and studied for this high-stakes Breakdown match, how it was going to go down. And nothing she did would entirely prepare her for it.

Just like nothing, she felt, was going to prepare her for her very first sleepover…
2 of 2
=====

==========
October 22nd, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll. We are in an abandoned, dark warehouse. The lights suddenly come on all at once and we spot an uncomfortable looking grayish chair, or more accurately a throne. A few moments later and we hear footsteps from afar. Those footsteps keep getting closer and closer. Eventually we spot Kimberly Williams entering the scene from the right. The Woman Scorned is wearing a plaid purple pleated skirt that stops just above the knee, sheer see through tights, purple sneakers, an orange blouse, and a purple stylish suit jacket. Her long ginger locks of hair hang straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. Kimberly has her SCW Underground Championship wrapped around her waist, the HKW Bloodlust Championship draped over her right shoulder, and the ‘Datura Invented’ Unsanctioned Championship draped over her left shoulder.

Kimberly slowly makes her way to the gray throne. The Woman Scorned takes a quick scan of the uncomfortable looking seat before letting out a quick chuckle. Then she sits down on the chair. She places the Bloodlust and Unsanctioned Title belts on either arm rest while unclasping the SCW Underground Title belt and letting it rest in her lap.

“Well this is rather cozy, isn’t it?” Kimberly winks at the camera. “Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, a little Game of Thrones chic don’t ya think? And maybe it is? Ripping off Game of Thrones wasn’t exactly my original plan but damn it, it just makes so much sense. My mother, Angelica Jones, she competed under the moniker of ‘The Dragon’. People called her The Dragon because of how fierce and violent she was inside the ring. She was dominant during her run as an active wrestler. People feared her. And on thirteen separate occasions she took possession of her own version of the iron throne.” She looks at the throne she is seated upon.

“But I have always marched to the beat of my own drum. Sitting upon a throne, being praised as the best wrestler in the world today, that was never my thing. People like Glory Braddock, Syren, and Juneau Frost The Snow Queen, let them obsess over the throne. I don’t need a throne or a crown to prove myself as one of the best wrestlers ever. I know who the hell I am…I am Kimberly Williams and I make an impact anywhere and everywhere I go. I do not need to be the world champion in order to be one of the most impactful and history making competitors in this business today. Just take a look at what I have done in Supreme Championship Wrestling.” She pats the Underground Title belt that rests upon her lap.

“I brought the Underground Division back from the dead. Then I proved to the entire world that the superstars of the Underground are far more than just garbage wrestlers and that we should be taken very seriously. As a proud member of the Underground I have beaten former SCW world champions and history making stars like Syren, Autumn, and Braddock. I have taken the spotlight and put it on this championship and this division. Whether it was me and Jordan, me and Oktoberfest, me and DeeDee McFrosty, or me and four other people, the Underground Division has been the highlight of the night in SCW and what is the one common denominator in all of those situations?” She pats herself on the chest. “ME! The Woman Scorned!”

“I do not sit upon the throne of world champions. I do not desire that throne. Instead I sit here upon the one throne that I desire more than anything else, and that is the throne of chaos. Whether you speak of the Chicago Way Division in MWE, the Bloodlust Division in HKW, or the Underground Division here in SCW, I am the agent of chaos that rules them all! There are many idiots out there who make the claim to be a king or a queen but few can actually back up that claim. Most of them are just full of hot air. But I have proven time and again with my blood that I am the one true undisputed Queen of the Death Match and I dare anyone to try and prove me wrong!” A sly smirk forms upon Kim’s face.

“Rick Pitino once said that dreamers are not content with being mediocre. The one person that embodies the notion of being a dreamer is Ducky.” She waves playfully at the camera. “Hi, Ducky! I can’t wait for your birthday bash! I got my unicorn onesie ready! You’re totally gonna love it!”

“Stay on point.” Comes the voice of Angelica Jones off screen. Kim nods her head quickly.

“Right, sorry! What was I saying again?”

“Ducky is a dreamer.”

“Oh yeah…” Kim refocuses and nods her head “...Ducky is a dreamer. She can dream up the most beautiful of visions. How can you not like sweet Ducky who loves skittles and gummy bears and the Farmstead Friends and hates aliens? I mean, I hate aliens too! I even hate that weirdo on the history channel who keeps talking about aliens! What’s his name again? He’s probably a gleebnorb too and…”

“Kim!” Angelica’s voice again rings out. Kim sighs deeply out of frustration.

“Sorry! Uh, yeah, Ducky is awesome. I love her to death, mainly because of that sweet chaotic mind of hers. It’s just so beautiful. Ducky embodies the beauty of chaos that I have been preaching for a very long time now. So of course Ducky would be the one to come up with what I believe to be the single greatest Trios cash in the history of this company. It is a trios cash in that was formed from the very essence of chaos itself. If you don’t believe me just look at the rules of the match…or lack thereof…” She holds up one fingers “...rule one, every participant has to wear a onesie. I mean, why? There is no point behind it. And that’s what makes that rule so damn great!” She holds up a second finger.

“Rule two…” she throws her arms up into the air and laughs “...well that’s the gag! We don’t know rule two…or rule three…or rule four! Hell, we don’t even know how to win this damn thing! All we know is that a ‘championship match’ is promised to the winner. The way the talking heads on Breakdown explained it, a world title match would be guaranteed to the winner. So why the hell is Xander Valentine in it? You know him, right? Big grumpy guy who happens to be the reigning World Champion? If he wins I guess we get to see Xander fight himself for the title.”

She shoots up from her throne, throws her head back, and laughs out loud. “Beautiful, glorious, chaos! So thank you, Ducky! Thank you for this! And thank you for the invitation to your birthday bash! You better believe that I will be in attendance…” Kimberly adjusts her Underground Title belt, draping it over her right shoulder “...what’s even more beautiful is that there are those who will participate in this, dress in a onesie and in their minds humble themselves and humiliate themselves, just for a chance to potentially become world champion.” Kimberly shakes her head.

“But that’s not how I roll and that’s not why I am taking part. I am in this because of Ducky. She’s a wonderful person and one of the few remaining bright spots in this place. She created the most entertaining and chaos filled match of all and she invited me to participate. It would be rude of me to turn her down.”

“But you see, this little cash in is among the most chaotic thing ever booked in SCW. Trust me, I know because I have been involved in all sorts of chaos through my time as part of the Underground. I’ve been in weapons cage matches, five way fights, Farmstead Fights, I have done it all in SCW. But hell, in this match I’m going in without a damn clue how I am supposed to win!” She claps happily. “I love it! It is the absolute pure definition of chaos and I love it! So when Ducky introduces the most chaotic match of all time to SCW, of course I have to participate! I sit upon the throne of chaos, I am an agent of chaos, and I have to defend my throne from any and all who want to lay claim to it.”

Williams slowly begins to walk away from the gray throne, the throne of chaos as she calls it. Eventually another throne comes into view. This one is a more traditional golden throne with a plush comfortable looking seating. Kimberly motions to the throne and smirks knowingly. “Then there is this throne…the typical, traditional throne that everyone in SCW seeks to claim as theirs. This is the throne of the SCW World Champion.” She turns towards the camera and waves playfully.

“Hi there, Xander! This is yours right now but for how long? If you do not survive this little piece of chaos from the mind of Ducky then whoever DOES win will get a shot at your championship. I know what you’re thinking…it’s the same thing everyone out there is thinking…why does Kim even care about any of this? Kim doesn’t want to be world champion?” She shakes her head. “Listen closely and pay attention to what I say. I do not NEED to be world champion. I know how good I am, I know that I can hang in that ring with the very best to ever do it. I know it because I have done it already. I have wrestled former world champions and I have beaten former world champions. I have beaten Bree Lancaster, Syren, Autumn Valentine, Glory Braddock…some of the biggest names to ever do it in this company…so what if I haven’t held that stupid piece of tin you have right now? The caliber of opponent I have beaten is proof enough for me and everyone to recognize that Kimberly Williams is one of the all time greats. I do not need a belt for validation.” She snickers nastily.

“Do you need that belt for validation, Xander? Do you need to constantly defend this throne to validate yourself? Maybe it is time to introduce a little anarchy into the World Championship? Maybe it is time to knock you off of your high horse and take this throne for myself?” Kimberly sits down on the golden throne. “Ah…it seems like it was made for me! Xander, you speak about making sure the undeserving and unworthy do not become World Champion? Well picture a world with ME as not only the Underground Champion but also the World Champion of this company? You do not get much more chaotic than that.” She nods her head.

“And yes, that is about to become a reality. No, I do not eat, sleep, and breath the world championship. I do not obsess over it like some of you freaks that have some unhealthy fetishes with straps of leather and gold. I am just your average Jill who goes out to that ring and does her damn job! I don’t do it for parades, I don’t do it for praise and honor, and I damn sure don’t do it for a fucking throne!” Kimberly leaps up off of the golden throne and then tips it over. “I do it because this is what I love to do! I do it because I am passionate about it! I am going to participate in Ducky’s birthday bash because I love her to death and because I love me some chaos. If I happen win then I am coming for your championship and I am going to bring it home to THE PEOPLE, where it rightfully belongs!”
Cameras are located outside the white house, where an unfamiliar wrestler arrives in front of the camera guy he picked as James since he couldn't find a SupremeCW cameracrew in time. However, if people knew who the guy was, he was a professional wrestler in SinCW (Sin City Wrestling), where a match like this is this guy's cup of tea. A guy is known as Agostino Romano. He loves having fun and never takes anything seriously, apart from when he wrestles in the ring. He's wearing a yellow Duck onesie with a smile on his face.

Agostino Romano: "I absolutely love this idea; this is something, of course, an entertaining wrestler like myself gets behind. I love having fun things to do. Excuse me; my excitement got ahead of me from letting everyone know who I was. I'm Agostino Romano, the entertaining, fun-loving wrestler from Sin City Wrestling who never says a bad word about anyone. Heck, I'm completely clueless about how to talk rubbish, but at the same time, I don't care what people say to me. This match with wrestling in a onesie like me choosing a duck is my bag totally."

Agostino dances because he is so happy, finally something new for him to do, but he shakes his head at the other interest he had in Supreme Championship Wrestling before this match.

Agostino Romano: "Now listen, I wanted to take part in that gimmick battle royal back in Rise To Greatness. I was absolutely gutted I couldn't wrestle in it because that's my kind of thing, entertaining and having fun. I really don't like to be serious, and I won't be trashing any of you. Hey, that's what you have to get used to, especially when quackers Ducky wants to quack all over the place with her creativity of producing such a match none of us knows how to win. Along with wearing a onesie, that attracts wrestling audience by this awesome creative style of wrestling."

It was one of the first times Agostino had been happy. Sure he had a rocky slide as of late; even with the Todd Williams match on his mind on Sunday in Vegas, he did need to be himself, and he dances. However, while he doesn't talk trash and won't, it doesn't mean he came across two names Agostino paid attention to.

Agostino Romano: "It's so interesting we have characters like Dancing Bear and Hairless Penguin here. I'm aware they are the tag champions. Who knew that the three of us wrestlers nobody can take seriously could become champions? I was the Internet champion three times, interacting with fans in a way not many people nowadays want to do. I don't use social media; I use my own fan club forum platform to interact with fans. Because I was a motorcycle rider back in the day. Then I wanted to do something for fun; wrestling was that."

He nods his head and spreads his wings in a Duck onesie along with the invitation with someone's footprints on it.

Agostino Romano: "How rude that someone would deny quackers invitation to compete in this awesome idea match. I love anything and everything, especially if it's to dress up in duck pyjamas to wrestle in. I got a duck mask and wrestle with that on if I wanted. I'm going out there and having fun as ducks always do when they swim in the river, get excited, and fight over a piece of bread. I love you, Ducky, for this incredible idea, and you can count on this nutcase Agostino Romano in the match. I will wrestle because it will be fun, and I won't regret it. I will go out to win with a title shot on the line because I want to since it's all about having fun for me. I see you there, duck lady that quacks all over the arena."

Agostino raised his hands and walked off as he didn't have to say much to get to the point, especially since he had no idea what the match was or how to win one other than a title shot. Still, the onesie situation got Agostino's attention the most. Cameras went off after James pressed the button before it was uploaded on the Supreme Championship Wrestling website.
The Witches of Alden

”Lost”

Frost ‘Forever Home’
Manhattan, New York
October 23rd, 2022
1:10am

The lights were all out save for a nightlight or two strategically plugged into certain spots in the main floor to guide the young girls to the washroom. They offered a little illumination but nothing that bothered the sleeping children, Elsianna on the larger couch, Becky on the smaller one and Carla occupying the inflatable mattress Selena and Deanna had brought up from the basement. Their soft snores (least one of them was snoring) carried into Selena’s ears, the Snow Queen the only girl still awake. 

Her ears picked up the ticking of the clock in the kitchen and the one in the hall, only a fraction of a second apart from one another, as she lay on the wooden-floor near the couch her daughter slept in. It actually was her choice to sleep there, the hard surface reminding her of the nights she would sleep in her father’s mine, too tired from a dine of digging to walk the distance back to her house. Still, she didn’t want to think too much about that cave, where she had left Killjoy last she was there.

Lifting her hand up, the Snow Queen gazed at it, the pale skin and magenta of her nightgown only barely seen amidst the dim nightlight. So…this is a sleep over. She thought, not daring to risk waking up the girls as she turned her hand in front of her face. She had enjoyed spending time with her daughter and friends, and it was everything Deanna had said it would be. They had started off with a ‘make your own pizza’ for dinner (Selena making a small pizza with pepperoni and pineapple), followed by a few hours of Dungeons and Dragons (she had used the same elven cleric character she had used last time she played with Deanna and Jordan Majors), followed by a movie. By that time, Deanna had excused herself to go to bed upstairs, insisting Selena stay and sleep downstairs as part of ‘the experience’. With the girls growing more and more tired as the house trickled by, card games and horror stories (it was Halloween season after all) followed before the girls were asleep before eleven - poor things had thought they could stay awake past midnight.

And yet, as Selena lay there, contemplating on the night, things still felt off. First, she had already accepted that tonight would be little help in her match this Breakdown. There just wasn’t enough to go off of. The rules kept changing – now, it seemed, people were trying to join in without an invitation, just a onesie or something, so she wasn’t entirely sure who she would even be facing. And while Shaun had promised a world title shot at a ‘later date’, not even that could be guaranteed with how things had changed. In short, the Snow Queen didn’t know what to expect except for the attire and who was already invited. There are just some things you can’t prepare for. Deanna’s words echoed in Selena’s mind. She had slowly accepted that in the coming hours, which was why the uncertainty wasn’t what was keeping her awake. 

Rather, it was the certainty of something else. Something that had dawned on her the moment she had tucked Elsianna into the couch and checked on Becky and Carla before settling down herself.

I don’t belong here.

Quietly, she released a sigh, one of many this past hour as her eyes stared into the dimly-lit darkness, a sad, but sure, smile gracing her features. She was grateful to her wife and, especially, to her daughter for trying this but… it was just too late.

Sleepovers were for children. Meant to bring them closer together as friends. A time for them to play and feel free – as if it was some kind of new adventure. It was meant to be exciting… but only for children.

And I stopped being a child a long time ago… Selena thought sadly, knowing the exact time it had happened. When her father had disappeared when she was 12. When Santa Claus had failed to bring him back. When all her prayers could not do so. Sadly, that was when she had stopped being a child. It would take Deanna and Elsianna, and eventually David and Amiliah, to bring back her sense of wonder and joy and faith… but still… some things just couldn’t be brought back. Some things, like youth and childhood, were meant to be lost as one went through life.

This…whatever this experiment could be called – while the kindest of things given by her wife and daughter – just couldn’t fix or give back what Selena had lost. 

And that’s okay… With a quiet exhale, Selena sat up and quietly pushed herself up off the floor, standing up, only to lean down and kiss her daughter’s cheek. She would wake up in a few hours to make the girls breakfast, but now? The platinum-blonde mother quietly tip-toed out of the living room, across the hall and up the stairs, careful to avoid the ‘creaky spot’ on the third step that she knew was there. Within a minute or two, she was in her bedroom, just able to make out the direction of her bed, and the small figure wrapped under the covers. Closing the door behind her, Selena pulled herself out of her nightgown before settling under the covers, almost yelping in surprise when, the moment she had entered the bed, a pair of warm arms pulled her in, and a warm, naked body pressed against hers.

“Knew you were coming.” Deanna whispered, immediately making herself and her wife comfortable by lazily shuffling and cuddling closer.

Despite her surprise, Selena immediately felt her body relax in her familiar bed with the familiar lover wrapped around her.  “Did you?” she whispered, earning a slow nod from Deanna. 

“Figured, anyway.” She sighed. “I called home at my first sleepover around this time. Had Amy pick me up.”
“I thought…” Selena’s head turned a little. “I thought you said you had a good time.”
“I did.” Sighed Deanna. “But…some things you just can’t prepare for…”

Selena’s eyes widened in the dark at hearing those words again. She opened her mouth to ask what Deanna meant, but instead closed it, feeling her wife move a little as the redhead cuddled her, her skin a comfort against Selena’s.

“I’m sorry it didn’t work out.” Deanna whispered, earning a slow shake of the head from Selena.
“I think it did.” Selena whispered. “Way I see it? I get to have all the sleepovers with you.” She teased, before leaning in and kissing her wife’s forehead.

“And if I wasn’t so sleepy, I’d show you the difference between a child’s sleepover…and a sleepover with your wife.” Deanna teased.
“Rain check.” Selena yawned before turning a little to hold her wife closer, savouring the warmth of their bodies. “But next time? Don’t answer any doorbell.”

“Deal.” Deanna sighed as the pair drifted off to sleep. “Next time… something…better be on fire…”

The Royal Letter

Nicole…Ducky…

I have to admit that I was relieved when I received your invitation. After…well… everything that happened at Apocalypse and then to be cold-shouldered by Dillusion the very next Breakdown, I was a mess of emotions regarding you. I can’t say I regret what I had to do at Apocalypse but I regret that it came to that. 

I told you that I would do whatever I had to do to ensure that Luna was defeated and wouldn’t hurt anyone. I don’t like Ravyn. I’ll go as far to say that I despise her for so many reasons – but she did not deserve to have her spine almost turned to paste. She didn’t deserve to risk becoming injured or worse at Luna’s hands. I truly hope that you understand that – least I think you did with the invitations.

But now? I still am not sure of things. And I am no longer relieved.

Because I don’t understand how you can be so reckless like this. Please understand, your innocence and creativity are both wonderful. They are beautiful things and they are beyond good and welcome in SCW and that says nothing of your wrestling talent. But as the days have gone by, I realize just what I am in for – and I can’t believe you don’t see it.

Or maybe you do… I am not sure who is REALLY at the driver’s seat for this and that is enough to put me on edge.

Because how could you invite Ravyn? After everything she put you through. For Odin sake, after torturing you – YOU, several of your alters, begging her not to force Luna out. She brought a TASER into that match – for the sole purpose of harming you! Do you remember that? How I pushed you out of the way and took that for you? I doubt you, specifically, will remember because it was Luna I blasted, but I know Ducky, Pro, and Nicole are smart enough to watch a YouTube replay video. And trust me, that taser hurt! What do you think she will bring in now as a ‘birthday present’? What do you think she will do to manipulate you to her side? She did all she could to unleash Luna onto me – and you want her near you again?

And while we are on the subject, what about Xander? I know he was your friend, but did you miss last Breakdown, where he tore Gavin Taylor, your former tag-partner and current friend, to shreds? Rewatch the match, hun! He trampled over Gavin and choked him out because all he cares about now is sitting on his self-erected throne as the world champion! And you want him near Gavin again? Near you? Near your friends? Do you not realize what he will do to you, any version of ‘you’, and them to get what you have dangled in front of everyone? Who he will tear apart to secure his place as the world champion?

But no! It doesn’t end there! Because then you make the invitations irrelevant and make it open for everyone in a onesie, which just brings in James Evans. Nicole! Ducky! Pro! James Evans hijacked a cage so he could injure Syren and try to end her career! And even if I let that slide as an ‘accident’, do you know who’s after him? Konrad Raab! The man with a mace that can slice open a damn turnbuckle. Are we supposed to forget how he almost sliced open my wife’s face a couple of weeks ago? You’ve allowed that to be brought into a match! And don’t get me started on the rest of Infamous that could get in on this just to get the title shot to Ravyn!

And while I am intrigued with fighting Datura, the idea of Kimberly? Yes, it’s the same old tune of ‘chaos’ and ‘Queen of the Deathmatch’ and ‘I don’t need the SCW world title’ from Retribution earlier this year – but the woman kidnapped several superstars! And with no rules set? We can just tack on all her weapons to the list of things being brought in. Pin the knife on the Ducky, anyone? Aaaaah!! What if someone gets hurt, Ducky?! Someone innocent like YUYO, who’s just trying to make a name for herself? Someone trying for a second chance like Datura?! Gods, what if YOU get hurt and I can’t be there to help you?!

*Sigh*

Do you understand why I am beyond scared and frustrated for this, Ducky? I’m not mad at you, dear, I’m scared. Because I’m one person. I’m one person that can’t take on everything. I’m not that arrogant to think I can. I barely survived Luna and Ravyn. I barely survived my wars with Xander alone. I barely survived Infamous. Every time, I go through hell to survive or to protect someone – someone just like you, Ducky - it’s never been easy and it’s never been simple. It’s always cost me something one way or another. My health, my emotions, something always ends up less than what it was before such a fight.

But now? You throw all this together without rules. Without an outline. Without considering the consequences. You haven’t considered what would happen if Ravyn brings out Luna in you. You haven’t considered what would happen if Konrad shows up, mace in hand. You haven’t considered what would happen if Xander wants to just make an example of you like he did Gavin. You haven’t considered ANYTHING! You’ve just dangled a world title shot in front of everyone and are letting the chaos in. You’re worse than Kimberly, Ravyn, and Xander right now and you don’t even realize it! Or maybe you do, I don’t know…

Gods… I should just say ‘no’. I should just walk away from this! I have an SCW World tag-team title match to prepare for! Do you know how much I’ve wanted that? How much that has meant to me?! How much I have dreamed of teaming with Deanna and becoming the SCW World tag-team champions as the House of Frost? You were tag champions with your best friend Gavin. Now imagine that with Anthony Wallace. Nicole! Imagine that amazingness! Does your heart skip a beat at the thought? Does it flutter thinking of teaming with the one person you love more than anything in this whole world? Does the idea of making Nicole so happy make you smile, Ducky? That’s how I feel whenever I think about being/teaming with my Deanna.

And now? I risk all of that because you’ve thrown together something that I can’t prepare for, Ducky. Something that you are constantly changing the rules for. I don’t know what else to expect. I don’t know who else will be there or what else can happen!

And every fiber of me is screaming that this is a trap of some kind, either by the hand of one of your alters, or will become a trap at the hands of some of the most intelligent and dangerous people you’ve invited into this! You think a onesie is going to dissuade Xander? Or Ravyn? It’ll only encourage Kimberly! And taking me out to ease their chance at Under Attack? Lexy Chapel would leap at that chance for her Farmstead clients!

I should just walk away from this and focus on what I do know and what I can control, like Under Attack! 

But I can’t. I can’t walk away from this, despite my instincts screaming at me to do so. And no, Ducky, it’s not simply because you’ve put a ‘world title shot’ as the party-favor for the ‘best dressed’ or whatever way there is to win. You honestly think I would endanger my wife and my chances at this dream for a shot at a title I am already owed a rematch for at some point down the line? No, dear, at first, I wanted to be part of this because I wanted to celebrate your good health. I wanted you to be surrounded by friends and people that care for you, and YES, that includes me! I wanted to hug you, apologize to you, and talk to you about what happened and why I did what I did at Apocalypse. I wanted this to be the ‘fun’ that I thought was so symbolic of you, both of Nicole Kinneck and of Ducky.

But now? I have accepted this invite and everything that is coming with it because, unlike so many people in this match, from Ravyn to Xander, I KEEP my promises!

I promised you both, Ducky, that I would look after you. I promised that I would do all I could to take care of you and protect SCW from Luna and the ‘monsters’ that roamed the SCW Universe! I promised that I would never back away from a challenge, no matter how terrifying it is!

And I also promised the SCW Universe that I would never abandon the SCW World title after spending eight months raising it to the level of integrity that Xander is poorly attempting to imitate. I gave my word that I would stand back and watch the world title exist without me to helm it because I believed people like Adam Allocco (though I despise him) and Gavin Taylor and Syren deserved a chance to reach that level, maybe even make it better than I ever could. And I want to see someone emerge out of the chamber and challenge for that title. I want to see someone earn that shot and continue to show what hard work and passion can do. Kimberly may just spit on the title and what it means to fight for its throne, but I respect it. I respect earning that shot. I respect those that work to do it!

But where does that leave me? Why win this match and take this shot as the reward when my heart is elsewhere with my wife and the tag-team titles? Because, Ducky, what better way to hold every person to the mark? What better way to hold every challenger and champion that vies for that title, even someone like Kimberly who ‘doesn’t need it’, then the reminder that ‘at a later date’, the longest reigning world champion in SCW history will be next in line?

Like the grains of an hourglass, the idea that any time, Selena Frost can cash in and get her shot. Can come in when the world champion disrespects the integrity of that title. It’s my way of keeping my fingers on the pulse of the world title and holding them all to the mark – just like I will hold everyone in this birthday bash, invited or otherwise, to the mark.

That is what tonight is for me, Ducky. It’s not a celebration. It’s not me trying to make a statement against The Farmstead Friends. I walk into this hornet’s nest willingly! Knowing the risk and dangers we may be in for but refusing to break my promises to you and to the SCW Universe. I will hold Ravyn, Xander, Kimberly, The Farmstead Friends, Evans… even you… and everyone else that decides to enter to the mark of integrity. I will not allow any monsters to invade SCW. I will not allow anyone to take the power of a future world title shot with the intent to disrespect the integrity of that championship.  

And I will not allow another Trios cash-in to end in chaos and destruction. Of that, birthday girl, I can promise you. Believe it!

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost
Pages: 1 2