Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: End of the Year Special Open Invitational
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone can enter!

Winner receives $250 000* and a new car** and bragging rights***

*This cash prize is completely fictional and only for the purposes of character development
**This, too, is completely fictional and only for the purposes of character development, but what car will be fictionally won will be revealed at the show
***This is probably the only legit prize of this thing

WORD LIMITS WILL BE IN EFFECT.

To enter, you just have to post a roleplay, simple as that

Eliminations are by pinfall or submission.

2 RP Limit
Deadline: Thursday, December 29, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET
[Image: ETwUXWCU0AAPy2y.jpg:large]
::darkness.  Darkness everywhere.::

(suddenly we hear a sound, metal striking metal)

Voice:  You don't know me yet.  

(Metal striking metal, sparks fly)

Voice:  But you will.

(Metal striking metal, sparks fly)

Voice:  And when we meet in the ring, you will know, you will see and you will remember.

(Metal strikes metal and two katana sword light up in flames, they get into an X crossing each other and we see a face, femanine, Asian, lower half is covered by a face mask that remembers a howling jaw, her eyes are white milky orbs.  Her cheeks are up as if she is smiling under her mask)

Voice:  I am Vespertine.  You will know who I am.  

(she starts twirling them in double figure eights, the flames leaving the 8's hanging in midair.  Suddenly the katanas stop spinning and both are pointed forward.)

Ves:   I am the Well Rounded Fighting Machine.  Elegance Personified and the Pretty Little Poison

(The katanas start twirling again and then stops suddenly, one flaming sword above her eyes, the other below and from the lights from the flames are captured in her pupiless orbs.)

Ves:  I go by all those names.  But from them, you will remember my name.

(The flames suddenly go out)

::darkness.  Darkness everywhere.::
1 of 2 for Sutter
=============

==========
December 25th, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Off Camera
==========

Christmas is supposed to be a joyous occasion, a happy time of celebration for family, friends, and loved ones. What society often forgets about is that not everyone in the world is lucky enough to have family, friends, and loved ones to celebrate the holidays with. Some are alone. Worse still, some have to endure the holiday season with the painful loss of their loved ones still lingering in their hearts and souls. Those memories are difficult to get rid of and very challenging to live with. It can make what is supposed to be a happy holiday into a very somber, sometimes downright sad occasion.

That is how you would describe the atmosphere in the Van Stanton household in Charlotte, North Carolina. A few months ago the future was looking so bright; Henry Van Stanton’s son, Archie, was engaged to be married to Melinda Braddock, the oldest daughter of Glory Braddock. It was a fairy tale type engagement considering the Van Stanton and Braddock families had been feuding for so very long. But with the news of the impending wedding of Melinda and Archie, it seemed as if finally their rivalry would be put to rest once and for all. But then Melinda and Archie were the victims of a home invasion. They were gunned down. Melinda Braddock survived but Archie Van Stanton lost his life.

If there is one small glimmer of hope that can be gained from the tragedy it is the fact that it brought Henry and his brother Mason Van Stanton closer together. For a long time they had a rivalry of their own, they could not trust one another. But this family tragedy at least made them realize how valuable family was; now Mason, for the first time in years, is spending Christmas Day with his brother Henry and Henry’s wife Autumn Van Stanton. Still, he doesn’t yet feel comfortable in these surroundings. He still doesn’t feel as if he belongs. Mason Van Stanton stands off in a far corner of the living room drinking vodka. Henry and Autumn are seated on the plush sofa listening to the quiet Christmas songs playing in the background. Autumn looks nervously at Mason. She is worried that he will drink himself into catastrophe. She looks back at her husband Henry.

“Go talk to him.”

“You really think now is the right time?” Henry asks. “He hasn’t spent time with the family in many years. I don’t want to push him. I don’t want to pressure him.”

“This year has been difficult on both of you.” Autumn insists. “And right now, especially right now with this being the first Christmas without Archie,” she reaches up and wipes tears from her eyes “you two need one another.”

“You’re right.” Henry kisses Autumn on her forehead. Henry rises up off of the sofa and makes his way towards his brother. What no one inside the living room realizes is that there is an unseen and unheard observer. The Van Stanton family is being watched, some might say stalked, by someone who is quite familiar to at least one member of their household. That individual stands a few feet away in the dark of the Christmas night. He is unseen due in large part to the all black attire he is wearing; black dress pants, black dress shoes, a black button up shirt, and a black leather jacket. A stoic, cold gaze is etched across his face as he stares in through the window at brothers Henry and Mason speaking on this Christmas night.

This individual watching on is none other than “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter. What brings Mr. Sutter to the Van Stanton household on this night? The more obvious answer would be Mason Van Stanton himself. It was Mason who used his contacts and influence within professional wrestling to get Sutter a contract, first with Supreme Championship Wrestling and later with Millennium Wrestling Enterprise. Their relationship was short lived and ended when Sutter found a new source of income and a fresh new contact; the Tiffany Lynn Page. Tiffany and her family pay him quite well. Tiffany and her family have even managed to negotiate Sutter a contract with Global Championship Wrestling, a place that at one time blackballed Sutter due to his bitter rivalry with owner Glory Braddock.

Is Sutter here for Mason? Or is there another reason he has decided to pay this family a visit? Sutter has a reputation for his fits of rage and uncontrollable anger. Is he here to get some revenge that he believes he is entitled to? The Assassin decides he has watched on for long enough. He makes his way away from the safety of the darkness and shadows and into the light of the Van Stanton front doorstep. Sutter rings the doorbell and waits patiently for an answer. A few moments later and the door opens. Sutter is greeted by the head of the household himself, Henry Van Stanton, who looks genuinely shocked to see his brother’s former charge at his doorstep.

“Sutter?”

“Henry.” Sutter says stoically. Henry does not look pleased to see The Assassin. He turns and looks back into the home.

“Mason! Your old friend is here. Get rid of him.” Sutter remains silent as he waits to be allowed entrance into the home but Henry refuses to budge. Eventually Henry is joined by his brother Mason. Mason’s eyes nearly bulge out of his head.

“Clyde?! What are you doing here?!”

“What happened to peace on earth and goodwill to men, Mason?” Sutter says, a grin finally forming on his formerly stoic face.

“It’s Christmas and I want to spend time with my family.”

“You and I were practically family. You brought me into professional wrestling. You gave me practically an unlimited pool of resources in order to achieve my career goals. So why wouldn’t I want to see my former agent?” Sutter asks. Mason sighs and turns to face Henry.

“I’ll handle this.”

“Just get rid of him.” Henry growls as he steps away. Mason steps outside and glares into Sutter’s eyes.

“You fired me a long time ago. What business do you have with me now?”

“You’re right, I did fire you; I fired you because I no longer needed you. Ms. Page and her sisters pay far better than you. They have a far greater pool of resources than you could ever hope to have.” A sinister grin forms on Sutter’s face. “Just think of the things I could learn with the wealth and resources at their disposal. Imagine what I may have already learned about, say…” he points a finger at Mason “...you.”

“What do you mean?”

“For the longest of times I believed that you only brought me into professional wrestling simply to spite your rival, Ms. Braddock.” He shakes his head. “I should have known better. No one is that much of a dick. I should have known that you had an underlying agenda. Now I know what it is.”

“You do?” Mason asks, gulping. His face turns white as a sheet as Sutter nods his head in confirmation.

“I do. Now I think you really should let me in. I am entitled to that much and you know it. Your brother and your sister-in-law are also entitled to know why you helped advance my career.”

“This really is the wrong time, Clyde.”

“Mason, my old friend, I am trying very hard to control my anger right now. It is Christmas, after all. All I request is time to speak to Henry and Autumn.” He reaches out and snatches Mason by the throat. “You owe me that much.” Mason sighs and nods his head as he pulls away from Sutter’s grip.

“Fine.” Mason steps back into the home and motions for Sutter to follow him. The Assassin follows Mason into the home and eventually into the living room. Autumn shoots up with surprise, as does Henry. Henry quickly approaches Mason and Sutter with anger written across his face. This is obviously not what he had wanted.

“I told you to get rid of him!” Henry says as he gets in Mason’s face.

“I can’t.” Mason says quietly in a defeated tone.

“The hell you can’t!” Henry shouts. “He’s your monster!”

“I do not blame you for not trusting me, Mr. Van Stanton. I have not exactly built the best of reputations for myself. Believe it or not, I have come in peace. And to prove it, I want to wish you condolences. Christmas must be especially difficult when one has lost a child.” Henry slaps Sutter across the face.

“Do not mention Archie again!” Henry points at Mason. “You are his problem! Not mine! Did you two plan this?! Is this some sick game of yours to play with me at this time, a very difficult time?!”

“Honestly, Henry, I had no idea he was coming.” Mason pleads. “He fired me!”

“I don’t believe you.” Henry growls.

“It is true, I did fire him. I fired the one man who used every bit of political capital he had, every ounce of pull and influence he had to get me contracts to wrestle for SCW and MWE. I fired the one man who threw every bit of his muscle and power behind me to try and make me a success. I fired the one and only man who went out of his way to help a reject, an outcast. Now why would I do that?”

“Don’t try and make my brother out to be a saint.” Henry rolls his eyes. “He only helped you because he knew how much it would piss off the Braddock family.”

“Ignorance is bliss.” Sutter says with a soft chuckle. Henry, however, is not laughing. Mason is squirming, growing more and more uncomfortable.

“Uh, Henry, you really should let me say something…” Mason is interrupted when Clyde speaks up.

“Let me tell him.” Sutter smirks as he gets up in Henry’s face. “You really don’t give your brother enough credit. He is capable of a good deed every now and then.”

“And you’re saying he did something good by helping you?” Henry suggests. Sutter nods his head. “You are a monster who cannot control his rage. You beat your former girlfriend, Melinda Braddock. And if Glory is right about you, then you may have done something far worse to her…”

“I did not hurt Melinda!” Sutter shouts angrily. He breaths heavily for a few moments to calm himself down. “Apologies for my outburst. I have been trying to control my rage. You see, Mr. Van Stanton, you are correct, I was at one time an uncontrollable rage fueled monster. As long as that rage was uncontrolled, then your brother was able to keep me in the dark.”

“In the dark about what?” Henry now looks towards Mason. “What didn’t you tell him?” Mason backs away sheepishly while Sutter continues talking.

“But when I fired him and began working for the Page family. Well they knew just how much more valuable I could be if I could control my rage. Ms. Page and her sisters paid for me to go to anger management. My mind became so clear once I finally learned to control my rage. It is then that I asked myself, does it really make sense Mason to risk his own career by helping me, even if it does mean pissing off Glory Braddock?” Sutter shrugs his shoulders. “Think about it, Mr. Van Stanton, if I lost control and permanently ended someone’s career in the ring, or if I ‘accidentally’ killed someone in the ring, what kind of liability would your brother be burdened with? Would he really take that kind of risk if the reward is only to piss someone off?”

Henry is now growing more and livid. He turns to his brother and pushes him against the wall. “What did you do?! What are you not telling us?!” Sutter just watches this unfold, refusing to get involved. Finally Autumn steps in and pushes her husband away.

“Stop!” She shouts. “Stop it, Henry!”

“Mason has put us in danger! He…”

“Clyde is my son!” Autumn finally shouts. Henry looks stunned. Mason is emotionless, mainly because he already knew this. Autumn sighs and nods her head. “Yes, Clyde is my son.” Sutter approaches Henry.

“With my mind finally clear and my anger contained, I determined that there must be some other reason Mason felt so strongly about helping me. On a hunch I got a DNA test. There was no match with Van Stanton DNA but there was a match with your wife’s. I was dropped off at an orphanage as an infant…by your wife, my mother.” Sutter turns to face Mason. “He helped me not just because of some spiteful anger towards Glory Braddock, but because he knew I was his nephew by marriage.”

“Autumn…” Henry’s voice trails off. He cannot believe what he just heard.

“Henry, it happened before I met you. I was very young. I was careless. I was…” she begins crying. Henry wraps an arm around her shoulder. “...I was raped. I couldn’t…I didn’t want to…” Autumn is now crying uncontrollably. Henry takes her to the side to console her. Mason then steps up to Clyde and throws a right hand.

“Why the hell did you do that?!”

“What do you mean? Tell the truth?”

“You could have waited! You could have done this any other day, any other night, but why tonight of all nights?! Their son just died and…” Mason is interrupted when Sutter punches him in the face, his punch knocks Mason out cold. Sutter looks down at him coldly.

“I am their son now, ‘uncle’. May as well rip the damn bandage off as opposed to letting it sit there, letting them bleed out while thinking ignorantly that everything is ok. The truth is known and now they can learn to deal with it.” With that, Sutter turns and makes his exit, just as quickly as he entered.
December 13th, 2022         

It is true that she was a mother before, but the joy of motherhood had completely enveloped her. Her son, Charly Quinn, with her former boyfriend Cody Knox, sadly passed away at the tender age of two. He died as a result of a fatal heart defect that caused his death. As she sits in front of her now two-year-old daughter, Sarah, who is playing with a combination of little people figures and building blocks. The child tries to put one of the plastic dolls in her mouth, but her mother reaches out to stop her.        

“No, no, that doesn’t go in your mouth.” The mother doesn’t come close to putting her hand on the toy, as her daughter quickly clutches it tight to her chest.        

“No, mine!” The mother pulled her hand back, as she knew that it was going to be pointless to try to wrestle the toy again from the toddler. She had attempted to break the death grip on the same toy before with disastrous results. Not only did she fail to get the toy away from her daughter, but she sent her into a full-blown tantrum.        

“Now, Sarah, that’s a toy not food.” Suddenly, the front door was sent crashing open, as the cold night of Raleigh, North Carolina spilled into the home. As the top of a pine tree slowly crept through the door, its branches started to push through. The toddler wildly stared at the new sight before her. As she’s still not old enough to understand the concept of a ‘Christmas’ tree. “What's that?”       

The toddler just watched in amazement as the tree inched a little more into the house before it jerked back a little bit. What seemed like a lifetime for the young child. However, in reality it was just about three minutes before the tree, and the person responsible for bringing it inside, finally arrived.      

"How are my girls doing?" the bearer of the tree asked, as he closed the front door, finally putting an end to the invading cold air from outside. In a state of exhaustion, he dropped the pine tree on the floor near the door after moving it into the house through the door. In doing so, snow from some of the branches fell to the ground, much to the dismay of the toddler’s mother.     

“Better now that the door is closed, right baby?” The toddler’s mother playfully reached out to tickle the young girl’s tummy. A small giggle escaped her lips at that point, as a smile spread across her face as she laughed. However, for the most part she was just staring in wonderment at the tree and the man that brought it into the house. At least until he raised his hands up and pulled back the hood, revealing an unkempt beard and long wild hair. The man looked like a real old-time lumberjack, but he was more than that.     

“DADDY!” The toddler’s face lit up when she recognized her father’s face. The young girl dropped her toys, jumping up to her feet, and wobbling towards her father. Her father, Woodrow “Woody” Hoyt, scooped the girl up into his arms. She screamed out loud as he kissed her cheek. She felt how cold his nose was and she giggled at the sight of the coldness of his nose, resulting in a series of giggles from Sarah.    

The mother, Patience Hoyt, sighed as she knew that if she didn’t get the mop the front foyer of the home wasn’t going to get cleaned up. However, she couldn’t help but smile at the situation as well. In the past, she never imagined she would have a family like this. Her ex-boyfriend, Cody Knox, slept with another woman after finding out that she was pregnant leaving her alone the entire time. Sure, he came around and wanted to be part of their son’s life, but it was too little, too late.    

Charley passed away not long after they got back together, and it was the final nail in their relationship’s coffin. After the trauma of the breakup and the loss of her son, which piled on even more when she was in a car accident that broke her neck. She decided that it was time to put the world of wrestling behind her for good. However, she fell in love with Woody, married him, and while he was working for her uncle Rick’s wrestling school met Ashlynn Harte.     

There was just something about her that drew Patience into that woman’s orbit. To say that they were fast friends would be an understatement. Within a few weeks Patience was critiquing her form, getting in the ring with her, working on her basics, and finally debuting as the new tag team Embers and Ashes in the SCW. Embers and Ashes had a rocky run with the company racking up losses to The Red Empire, The Hollow, and No Fucks to Give among others. However, as soon as their run began, it came to an end. Shortly after losing to No Fucks to Give, Patience found out that she was pregnant with her second child.    

Which was a blessing and a curse. A blessing, because after the birth of Charley, she was informed due to internal injuries she sustained when Pierce Manning put her through a stack of tables in SCCW. Furthermore, she may never be able to conceive again due to these traumas and the recent trauma of giving birth to her son.     

As a result, when she told the SCW about her condition and that her pregnancy was deemed high risk, not only for her well-being, but for the baby, she was advised to retire immediately. The SCW was more than generous to her as they allowed her to stay under contract, because it was a small, short-term deal. As they wanted to make sure the expecting family would be able to take care of the child after its birth. On the flip side, they decided to release Ashlynn from her contract, because with her mentor slash tag partner leaving, the fact that she was still very much green in the ring, and creative didn’t have anything for her outside of Ember and Ashes there was no point in keeping her around.    

Which caused a wedge between the two women. Although they used to be close friends, it's been nearly two years since they spoke to one another.     

Two hours after her husband brought the tree into their home, it was set up with all the decorations, and the front foyer was cleaned up from the melting snow. Patience and Woody both sat together cuddling, looking down at Sarah, who was passed out in front of the tree. The different colors of the lights illuminated her face briefly.    

“Babe, have you heard from your father?” He kissed the top of his wife’s head as he awaited her answer.   

“Yeah, while you and Munchkin were getting the decorations out of the attic.” She sighed a little bit as something seemed off about the conversation she had. Granted, she was relieved to hear that his back surgery ended well, but it was like he was hiding something from her. “The doctors were able to relieve some of the pressure on his spine.”    

“But?” Even though he hadn’t heard the conversation between Patience and her father, he could tell something was bothering her, because he could feel it.   

“My dad said that they were going to have to do the surgery again in a couple of days and then maybe they will be able to fuse the disks together to keep the pressure from getting so bad.” Which the thought of them having to have another surgery so soon did have her worried about her father, but still there was something else that was bothering her.   

Her husband said, "Your dad is one of the strongest men I know. It took a strong man to deal with the injuries since he retired and not take pain medications to endanger his sobriety." Hearing him say that just made the knot in her stomach grow a little bigger as her father was never the same after her mother passed away. He did right by her growing up, but that didn’t mean he didn’t have his demons. He did have a drinking problem. He self-medicated to deal with his injuries so that he could wrestle through them, to keep providing for her. He finally got himself clean and sober after her Uncle Rick nearly killed himself in a car accident while driving drunk. As he was navigating through his first divorce with her Aunt Jasmine.   

"You're right, it’s just that he asked me an odd question.” Patience reached up and started to stroke her husband’s beard. Normally, it would be enough to calm her nerves, but something about the question and the situation in general is really getting to her.   

“What was the question?” He was really starting to worry about his wife, because he hadn't seen her this worried since she tried to return to wrestling leading up to her first match back   

“He asked me if Ashlynn and I had made up yet.” She knew that it was a simple question, but it was just the timing of the question that was odd. She didn’t even realize that he knew Ashlynn. However, he could have met her at Uncle Rick’s wrestling school on one of the days that she wasn’t there. He often stepped in from time to time to work with the students that wanted to learn more of a high-flying style instead of the technical side that Uncle Rick and Woody taught.   

“While the timing is odd, who knows they might be seeing one another?" For some reason Patience cringed at the thought of Ashlynn and her father being a couple. “As serious as his surgeries are... he might be looking towards the future and wants your blessing. Have you made up with her?”   

“Not for lack of trying on my part. She just won’t answer or return my calls.” Patience sighed again, as her focus moved towards their families’ memory wall. A wall that is decorated with pictures mostly of Charley and Sarah but sprinkled in are pictures of their careers. Woody’s SCCW Pure Championship, Patience's multiple SCCW tag titles as well as the first promotional picture of Embers and Ashes.    

Silence fell over the living room as neither one of them could pinpoint why her father would ask such a question. However, the uneasy pit in Patience’s stomach wasn’t going away as she found herself staring at the promotional photo of her and Ashlynn. Though she was unsure why, she had a feeling her former tag team point was relevant to what was currently being discussed, but what was the question?  

“Are you thinking of heading back?” Woody noticed that his wife was staring at the wrestling photos a little more than normal. On most days, it is very clear that wrestling is behind her, but at the moment, he believes she is having second thoughts.  

“No, just thinking about Ash.” Ashlynn was furious when she got her release from the company and screamed at Patience for nearly two hours about how she was sabotaging her career, ruining her dream, and the like. No matter how many times Patience and Woody told her that SCW was just one door and when one door closes another door opens. However, she wasn’t having any of it.  

“It’s okay if you are... I mean it’s almost the end of the year.” Woody's lips curled into a smirk underneath his out-of-control facial hair. Which meant that the end of the year invitational was just right around the corner. Thanks to the SCW’s generosity they don't need money but having that prize money for Sarah’s college fund and a second car would be a pleasure to have.  

“Yup, Uncle Rick’s and Sam’s birthdays are right around.” Patience knew what her husband was hinting at, but she wasn’t allowing him to bait her into it.  

“That too, but just think of what the prize money and car would do for us.” Patience turned her attention to her husband. He knows that his heart is in the right place, but it would feel wrong if she were to enter the Invitational after costing Ashlynn her dream. Granted, Ashlynn could have easily entered last year and the year before that but chose not to for some reason.  

“If it’s that significant to you... you enter.” Woody’s face crinkled up, because he knew that she had him by the scruff of the neck. He could easily enter the match, because he himself is a professional wrestler.  

“I would, but I learned long ago that I’m a much better teacher than a wrestler.” Hearing her husband say that made Patience’s heart hurt a little bit. His confidence in himself was destroyed by the likes of Nevaeh Summer and Nova Wonder when he finally made the main roster of the GDW.  

“Babe, you need to let go of the pain of what those two did to you.” He knows that he really needs to, but it's unfair of her to ask him that considering that she can’t let go of things in her past to return to the ring.  

“Okay, well then what would help get you back into the ring?” He was more than ready for her to dodge the question like she has done in the past, but as he looked into her eyes, he saw something that was different.  

“If and when my dad decides to have a retirement match, I’d love for it to be a father-daughter team up. It’s the one thing that I haven’t done.” Woody was surprised by her answer, because it implied there was a chance that she would get back into the ring. However, with regards to his recent surgeries and recovery time it isn’t like it’s going to happen any time soon either. 

"Daddy, I’m cold." Suddenly came a very sleepy sounding Sarah’s voice. Her parents watched her rub her right eye as she struggling to sit up.  

“Okay, daddy will take you to bed.” Woody and Patience moved away from one another so that he could stand up to his feet. A few steps later, he was standing over his daughter, bent over to pick her up with his hands behind her back and under her knees. She reached up to wrap her tiny arms around his neck as he bent down to pick her up. He placed his hands behind her back and under her knees. 

“Night momma.” The girl sheepishly said, as she yawned massively while her daddy picked her up off the floor. 

“Night sweetie.” Patience smiled as she waved to her daughter as Woody started to make his way towards her bedroom. The young girl didn’t make it very far in her daddy’s arms before she was passed back out. Looking at the time it was nearly midnight. Therefore, it was pretty late. If she wanted to visit her father in the morning, she was going to have to get to bed herself.  

However, she knew that she couldn’t leave Sarah’s toys out on the floor like that. She tried to stand up, but her phone started ringing beside her. Considering how late it was she couldn’t imagine who would be calling her. 

“Hello, who is this?” Even after looking at the caller ID on her phone she had no clue who it was, because the number was unknown. It was possible that a fan somehow got her number, because it wouldn’t be the first time that had happened. 

“Yes, this is her, OH hey Dr. Hall. My father, is he giving you trouble?" Patience shook her head as it wasn’t uncommon for her father to cause a tad bit of chaos in the hospital by hitting on the hot nurses. Even though she’s a grown woman, he was desperately trying to fill the void left by her mother’s death when she was three years old. However, the smile that was starting to form on her face was frozen in its tracks as her face lost all of its color. 

“No, no, no, no.... this can’t be happening!" Patience's voice trembled a little bit with each no that she said, as she dropped her phone down to the floor before she herself dropped down to her knees with a loud thud. Tears started to roll down her cheeks as she couldn’t believe what she had just heard. The doctor in charge of her father’s care just informed her that his heart had stopped beating and that they were in the process of trying to revive him. Woody came running back into the room after putting their daughter down in her room. 

“What happened? What’s the matter?” Woody asked, as he rushed to his wife’s side wrapping his arms around her. Even though he did not know what was happening, he tried to comfort her.. 

“I need to leave... I need to go to the hospital.” Patience stammered, as she was having a hard time putting her thoughts into words. Which means she already knows that she isn’t in the right mind to be driving herself to the hospital. 

“Why? What’s wrong?” While still holding on to his wife, Woody tries to look for any signs of injury or pain that she could be in. His mind is focused on the possibility that she is having a medical emergency. 

“My dad... my dad... is possibly dying right now!” Patience could not hold back her tears as her voice was hoarse from the emotion and the crying. Woody at that moment was completely dumbfounded as to how Patience’s father shifted from successful surgery to possibly dying at this moment. 

“Go get in the car.” Woody said he knew that he had to try his best to get her to the hospital to be with her father. “I’ll grab Sarah.” 

He didn’t like the idea of pulling Sarah out of bed after just putting her into it, but he knew that he couldn’t leave her home alone either. With the road conditions and how far the hospital was from their home it unfortunately took them an hour and a half to get to the hospital. It probably would have been longer if it was the middle of the day with more traffic on the streets. So, they were lucky in that regard, but even with that small win in their favor. They were too late. Upon their arrival they learned that Michael Charles Young, who was known as The Tragic Hero throughout his career had passed away.  

The hospital staff told them that they could take all the time that they needed to say their goodbyes. That they would wait till everyone left the room before they would come remove his body. Over the course of the next few hours as Patience sat with her dad everyone from her aunt and uncles, Rick, Jasmine, Johnny, to her grandparents, to her cousins Jesse, Sam, Eric, and Ayden, to Ryan Singer, Chris Pressler, and even some of their families that trained under her father came to visit him. 

After finally letting everyone that wanted to say goodbye have a turn, she was finally ready to let go of her father. However, as she was about to leave the room, she came face to face with an unexpected sight. Ashlynn was standing at the door looking like she was out of breath, and tears streaming down her face. 

“I’ll leave you two alone.” Patience said, as she pushed past Ashlynn to leave the room. She knew that she needed to make up with her, because it seemed like her father wanted that, but there was no way she was doing it right now. She wasn’t inclined to make up with someone that could possibly be her father’s lover over his dead body. 

“Patience wait, there is something that I need to tell you!" Ashlynn yelled after her, but Patience didn’t stop or even turn to look back at her. So, Ashlynn had to prioritize what she wanted to do... was it more imperative to talk to Patience or was it more critical to say goodbye to a man that she hardly knew? In this case, the man that she hardly knew won, because this was going to be the last time that she got to see him. 

{ To Be Continued }
2 of 2 for Sutter
=============

==========
January 1st, 2022
Southampton, England
Off Camera
==========

Christmas was life altering and life changing for the Van Stanton family, thanks in large part to former Van Stanton client Clyde Sutter. The Assassin had dumped his former manager, Mason Van Stanton, and started working for The Page Family. He didn’t leave the Van Stanton family without first letting them in on a bombshell that he learned while under the employ of Tiffany and Danielle Page; Autumn Van Stanton, the wife of Henry Van Stanton and sister-in-law of Mason Van Stanton, is the mother of Clyde Sutter. It must have been a difficult pill for the entire family to swallow but especially Henry. Autumn and Mason knew but had kept the secret from him. They weren’t sure he could handle the news, especially after Henry and Autumn’s only son, Archie Van Stanton, was murdered a few months ago in a home invasion. Now thanks to Sutter, Autumn and Henry has lost one son but gained another one all in one holiday season. Is that a very thoughtful Christmas gift? It’s hard to tell. Sutter meant well. He truly wanted to just offer an olive branch to the Van Stanton family and maybe, just maybe, give them a glimmer of hope in this dark time in their lives.

It seems as if they weren’t ready for the news. Perhaps Sutter just chose the wrong time to spring this revelation upon them? You can’t hardly blame The Assassin. He isn’t exactly known for his good social skills. He is known for being blunt and straightforward. He just wanted to tell them what he knew. He wanted the chance to reconnect with the mother he never knew and perhaps create a familial bond with the Van Stanton clan. Mason had already treated him like a nephew, for it was Mason who used his considerable influence to get him started in the wrestling business. It was Mason who provided Sutter with fancy places to live and all sorts of luxury. Sutter thought it was just to piss off Mason’s arch rival, the woman who had tried to blackball Sutter from the wrestling industry. As it turns out, Mason did it because he knew Sutter was his nephew.

A week has passed since the startling revelation and Sutter feels himself more isolated than ever. He has yet to hear from the family he had hoped to form with the Van Stantons. He is still alone and now finds himself moping in a bar on the streets of Southampton. It is the same bar he used to frequent as a teenager when he was homeless and living off the streets. He would often come here for drugs, booze, and women. A part of him wants to break down and go back to his old habits. In fact, that is what brings him here this evening. He failed to win over the Van Stanton family, he tried to do things the right way. Maybe he misread the room? Maybe he took the wrong approach? But he had the best of intentions and it blew up in his face. Sutter now questions whether he should keep trying at all; shouldn’t he just go back to being a drug enforcer in England like he used to be? That was such an easier life. It is the life he knew for the longest time.

Yet there is a small voice in his head telling him not to give in. That voice is telling him that everything he has done to make a better life for himself has worked and that he can do better, that he can be better. Perhaps that is why he hasn’t fully succumbed to the pressure yet? Still, it may be only a matter of time. The Assassin is staring at an empty glass of beer at the bar. He notices the bartender making her way over. Sutter grunts loudly to get her attention. The brunette turns and looks. She sees him tapping the empty glass.

“You want more, mate?”

“Keep it coming.” Sutter states firmly. The bartender nods and takes his glass from him to fill the order. Meanwhile The Assassin cannot help but notice that he is no longer alone. He turns his head and notices that he has just been joined by a man about his age, though nowhere near as tall; in fact, this man is quite short and has curly brown hair. He sits down next to Sutter at the bar and waves to the bartender.

“Gimme what my old pal Clyde is having!”

“John.” Sutter says calmly as he stares coldly into the man’s eyes. The man, John, nods his head and slaps Sutter on the back.

“I knew ya wouldn’t forget your best mate! I knew that wrestling success wouldn’t go to yer head and keep ya away from your one true home.”

“I’m not here for long. I need to be back in Chicago in about week.”

“For what? For a match or are just watching some rich bitch’s back?” John says snickering to himself. These remarks from his old friend are stirring up angry thoughts and passions within Sutter, but The Assassin refrains from acting upon them. Thankfully the bartender returns with their drinks.

“Thanks.” Sutter says to the bartender as he begins to drink. John nods his head and drinks as well.

“Look, Clyde, I know it sounds like I’m busting your balls, but believe me when I say I’m glad to see ya back in the old neighborhood. I mean, I was happy for ya to get your big opportunity in wrestling. That’s what ya wanted, right? You went to that Braddock Wrestling School for your training. You got kicked out and ya thought your dreams were over. But look at you! You got a chance in Supreme Championship Wrestling. When that didn’t turn out the way ya hoped you got a shot at Millennium Wrestling Enterprise. But c’mon, mate, be honest with yerself. Look at what you’re doing. You’re that Page bitch’s muscle.”

“So?”

“Well that’s basically the same shit ya did back here in Southampton. You were an enforcer. You were enforcer for drug pushers. Now you’re an enforcer for a barbie doll.”

“She pays better.” Sutter grunts as he takes another drink of his beer.

“Maybe she does, but you’re still the same person you always have been. Nothing has changed and neither have you. Why carry the bitch on your shoulders when you could do the same shit, maybe for less profit, but at least you could have fun with your old pal Johnny like the old days.”

The Assassin slams his glass back down. Frustration is etched across his face. “Look…I admit, what you’re saying sounds nice. But I am a changed man. Things are turning around for me. In fact, Ms. Page’s sister is going to convince GCW to sign me to a contract.”

“GCW? The place that Braddock owns? The same Braddock who has tried to blackball you from every wrestling organization she has any influence over?” John smirks. “I bet Braddock got you fired from SCW. But you’re gonna go work for her in GCW?” John shakes his head. “C’mon, Clyde. I know ya better than this.”

“I am a changed man, John.” Sutter insists. “My clients paid for me to undergo anger management. I am not the uncontrollable monster I once was.”

“Anger management my ass…” John scoffs and rolls his eyes “...I don’t care how many therapy sessions or loony bin docs ya go to, you are still the same Clyde Sutter who beat people up for drug money. And I can prove it.”

“Oh really?” Sutter arches his brow. “Is this a test, John?”

“You know it. Remember what you and me would do on nights like tonight?”

“Drugs. Booze. Women.” Sutter answers coldly. John nods his head.

“That’s right. Now we don’t have the drugs, but we have the drinks, and I think we can take care of the lady problems too if yer interested.”

“I don’t know…” Sutter sighs. He really wants to be a different person. But John has a good point. It would be much easier to just give up his dreams of being a wrestler and just return to his old life. But he has now had a taste of his wrestling dream, even if it hasn’t exactly been perfect. Part of him doesn’t want to give up on it just yet. Sutter is undecided. Maybe if he had just one little taste of his old life it would help him make up his mind? Finally Clyde nods his head. “...alright, let’s go.”

“That’s my man!” He pats Sutter on the back. John swigs the rest of his beer, as does Sutter. John and Clyde then get up off of their bar stools. John walks off and motions for Sutter to follow. “Come on, mate. You’re gonna love this!”

Clyde isn’t quite sure if he really will love this or not. He remembers his friend John being very unpredictable; even more unpredictable than Sutter himself and that is saying something. But nevertheless it is something to do so Clyde follows John through the mass of people in the bar and towards the exit. John and Clyde exit the bar and head towards what Sutter immediately recognizes as John’s car.

“You still drive that old piece of shit?”

“Of course.” John snickers. “But it’s what I got in the back that should interest ya…” Sutter follows John towards the vehicle. John opens the back passenger side door and stands like Vanna White of Wheel of Fortune fame motioning to what is inside…

..the near unconscious form of Clyde’s ex-girlfriend, the oldest daughter of Glory Braddock, Melinda Braddock.

“Voila! I was gonna keep her for myself but when I saw you I decided, why the hell not? Happy Belated Christmas, mate!”

“Mel…” Sutter’s voice trails off. John snickers nastily.

“Who the fuck is Mel?” John asks, clearly oblivious to who he just picked up. Clyde turns and glares daggers right through John’s heart and soul.

“Where did you find her?!”

“I found her just outside the bar here.” John shrugs his shoulders. “She’s been a regular lately. Heavy drinker. Druggy. That’s how I found her. She overdosed on drugs.” John motions to Melinda’s fallen form. “Go ahead, Clyde my boy. She’s unconscious. No one will know.”

That last line sent Sutter over the edge. He can no longer contain his anger. He grabs John by the neck and pushes him hard against the side of the building. He growls a beastial, guttural growl before lifting John off his feet and slamming him on the hood of the car. Sutter releases his grip and lets John roll off the hood of the car and roll to the ground. John pushes himself up to his hands and knees but then Sutter kicks him square in the head with a punt kick, thus knocking John out cold.

Sutter stares coldly down at John’s fallen form for a few moments before walking back to the passenger’s side back door. He notices Melinda, while still woozy, is trying to drag herself out of the car. The Assassin immediately goes to her side and helps her to her feet, propping her up by placing her arm around his shoulders.

“Easy, Mel. Easy.” He says quietly. “I need to get you out of here.”

“Who…what…”

“Just follow me.”

==========
January 2nd, 2022
Southampton, England
Off Camera
==========

It has been several hours since the events of last night. Sunlight breaks through the window and shines down upon the face of Melinda Braddock. She blinks several times and groans in pain. She tries to sit up but finds it difficult.

“Take it easy.” Comes a familiar voice, a voice that she recognizes almost immediately.

“Clyde?”

“Yes.”

Melinda groans again as she finally opens her eyes. She manages with some difficult to sit up and look around at her surroundings. She finds herself in what appears to be a motel room. She looks around to find where her ex-boyfriend is. She finds Clyde Sutter sitting down near the door.

“What am I doing here? How did I get here?”

“According to John you passed out from a drug overdose. Is that true?”

“Who the fuck is John?”

“An ex-friend of mine who will no longer bother you again.” Sutter answers stoically. “Now answer my question, Melinda. Is it true? Did you pass out from a drug overdose?”

Melinda rubs her forehead. “Yeah…it’s true. What happened though? The last time I remember I was about to go into that stupid bar…”

“All I know is that I found you in the back of John’s car. He was going to take advantage of you. But you had obviously been there awhile. You should probably have yourself checked out. He may have sexually assaulted you before I got there.” Sutter shakes his head. “I did all I could.”

“I suppose I should be grateful.” Melinda contorts her face in anger and points an accusatory finger at her ex. “But you are to blame for this! You are to blame for everything!”

“What did I do exactly?”

“Everything! You…” she tries to get up but cannot, she is still experiencing the effects of last night. Sutter walks over and gently helps her back onto the bed. But once back on the bed she slaps him across his face. “Take your hands off me!”

“I apologize.”

“You should be sorry. When we first dated, you introduced to me all the bad stuff…crack, cocaine, all of it. You got me hooked on drugs.”

“I know and I apologize for the part I played.” Sutter tilts his head to one side and studies her. “I thought you were clean?”

“I was. Everything was great. I got my wrestling career started off on the right foot, I was undefeated on the European indie circuit just like my grandfather, I was European Champion just like my grandfather. And just like my grandfather I lost everything, including my championship, without being pinned. Except my grandfather was stripped of the title because of a career ending injury he suffered. I was stripped of the title because I failed a drug test.” Tears form in her eyes. “The indies here in Europe won’t book me anymore.”

“Does any of your family know?”

“My aunt Julia but that’s it.” Melinda says. “I told her because she can at least sympathize with me, having dealt with similar drug related issues. Mom would never understand, though.”

“Mel…I am deeply sorry for the part I played in ruining your career. I never intended to hurt you the first time, and it pains me to see that I have had a long term negative impact upon your life. If there is anything I can do to help…”

“You can’t help me, Clyde.” She sighs. “But thank you for saving me from that asshole last night.”

“Perhaps there is a way I can help. Mason Van Stanton wanted me to sign with Midwest Championship Wrestling. It is a small independent promotion operating in Missouri. I still have contacts with the promotion. I can put you in touch with them.”

“But I’m not sure I can pass a drug test.”

“They won’t ask questions about drugs. They are not that kind of promotion.”

“I don’t know.” Melinda shakes her head. “None of this makes sense. NONE OF IT!” She exclaims loudly. “You hate my mother. You and I didn’t exactly end on the greatest of terms. Why would you help me?!”

“Because I wronged you. We broke up because I lost my temper one time and hit you. You are a thing of beauty, a gorgeous goddess meant for worship, not abuse. I was wrong then. I was wrong for harming you long term by introducing you to the very drugs that have nearly ended your career. If I can help you in any way, if I can do anything to save you and make up for the wrongs that I have done, then I want to do that.”

“And what do you get out of it?”

“Nothing.” He says. “I’m offering this because it is the right thing to do.” He places a hand on her cheek. “I still love you, Melinda.”

==========
December 30th, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
On Camera
==========

It is night and pitch black in the streets of Toronto. The silence is deafening. That silence does not last long, for eventually we hear the sound of footsteps echoing, breaking through the silence of this empty darkness. There is a lamp post that shines down a single spotlight within this darkness. The footsteps grow louder, get closer; eventually we spot the silhouette of a figure. The figure steps into the spotlight and we can see that this is “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter. The MWE Riot Champion is dressed in black dress pants, black shoes, a white button up shirt, and a black leather jacket. His MWE Riot Championship is draped over his right shoulder. A cold yet confident smirk is etched across his face.

“Fate is a fickle bitch who dotes on irony.” Sutter chuckles softly. “Alas, I cannot take credit for that beautiful quote full of so much truth. That was from the mind of Glen Cook. While he may have painted fate as a fickle bitch, the truth of the matter is that fate is also master of one and all. It is a truth that I once stubbornly fought but now I wholeheartedly embrace.”

“Oh, but where are my manners? It has been a very long time since I have graced the hallowed halls of Supreme Championship Wrestling. Many of you may have forgotten who I am. My name is Clyde Sutter. My story is not for the faint of heart. I am among the many students to pass through the famed Braddock Wrestling School. Only I did not graduate. I was kicked out of the school by Glory Braddock herself because my uncontrollable violence and rage led me to assaulting my fellow students and even trainers. Braddock’s vindictiveness led to her to try and blackball me from every wrestling promotion she had any influence over. Except then I ran into a man who changed my life…Mason Van Stanton. Mr. Van Stanton hated Glory Braddock and perhaps out of spite only he decided to help get me a contract with SCW.” Sutter smirks knowingly.

“He is quite a lovely man, isn’t he? Nevertheless that relationship has been brought to an end, not by Mr. Van Stanton but by me. I chose to end that business relationship because I have found a far more fruitful beneficiary. My new beneficiary has helped me to control my rage. I now am in control of that anger and hatred that was once an uncontrollable fire. Now I can focus it like a weapon at the target of my choice. I can choose to unleash my rage whenever I choose. Now I am far deadlier than ever before. It isn’t pure chance or dumb luck that created these series of events. It isn’t dumb luck that got me kicked out of Braddock’s Wrestling School, got me in contact with Van Stanton, got me a job wrestling for SCW, got me a job wrestling for MWE, and now brings me back to SCW with a new lease on life, a new beneficiary, and a new honed and controlled rage.”

“It is fate.”

“That is the one truth that I lacked, the one piece of knowledge that I needed in order to become the ultimate and deadliest version of myself. I needed to learn to accept that FATE IS THE MASTER AND RULER OF ALL! I needed to learn that no one can fight fate! Fighting fate is a waste of time! Whenever fate deems that your time is up then you, my friend, are doomed. So just give up, give in, and accept your eventual dance with the devil himself.” The Assassin pats himself on the chest.

“I have not only embraced fate’s role in my life and career but I have embraced the role fate has chosen for me; I am fate’s enforcer. I am fate’s ASSASSIN!” Sutter points a finger at the camera. “Supreme Championship Wrestling…fate has come calling. Fate is knocking on your door. Fate has said that your time is up and I have arrived to collect on your debts, the debts you owe to fate, debts that are outstanding and now I am here to collect everything you owe and the interest. Tomorrow night. New Year’s Eve. The Assassin comes to enforce the will of fate itself upon anyone who dares to be courageous enough to meet fate head on. Tomorrow night, Clyde Sutter returns to SCW because fate has deemed it so. Embrace it. Accept it. Do not fight it.”
Cassie’s team would lose in the opening round of the Trios Tournament ending her first year as an SCW Wrestler, though her first year as a wrestler wasn’t over yet because not only did the teenage prodigy have one last match with Modern Pro Wrestling to defend her TV Title and PWS: Apex debut coming up but Cassie was planning to take part in SCW’S Open Invitational that would take place on the final show of the year, the prize? $25,0000, a new car and bragging rights! Can Cassie end her debut year with a bang?

Cassie’s Home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Christmas Day 2022, 10:00am

My family has a complicated history with this holiday.

Most of my family treats Christmas like everyone else, a time of togetherness, presents and lying to kids about an old dude who watches you sleep! But then there’s me and my older cousin Krystal, Krystal witnessed her mother get murdered on this day ten years ago and whilst she’s gone from outright hating Christmas to being indifferent towards the holiday and just drinking heavily! Granted, with a pregnant wife I’ll be surprised if that tradition continues this year but how do I figure into that?

Krystal’s dead mom is from my side of the family, and yes, that is a long way of saying that “my aunt was murdered on Christmas” but you get the idea! Granted we didn’t learn that fact until two years later when Krystal went to Adelaide’s police force with the evidence of her dad’s crime but trust me when I say that it affects me just as much! I deal with it by putting on a smile and laughing through all of it but even that doesn’t work all the time.

Not that that stopped me from buying mom an expensive Christmas gift when I was in London last week!

And yeah, I know, a nineteen-year-old girl like me wouldn’t be expected to buy her parents anything this expensive but I’m not an average nineteen-year-old girl, you should know that by now! Most girls my age are either prepping for university, working fast food joints or hell, pursuing an athletic career like me! But here I am, not being an average nineteen-year-old girl, how you ask? Do I really need to explain why?

How many nineteen-year-old wrestling prodigies do you know? How many girls do you know with several famous wrestlers on speed dial? And more importantly, how many girls my age own two championship belts? Those other girls can fawn over guys or worry about their makeup all they want because I’m over here forging my future as a wrestler whilst trying to pay back my parents for funding my initial training!

Okay, yeah, there’s also the fact that unlike most girls, I’m in a lesbian relationship with two women at the same time and they are both okay with that fact but that’s beside the point!

All in all though? My first year as a wrestler has had it’s ups and downs, that much is certain! From Outlaw Pro Wrestling not really working out and forcing me to look elsewhere after my first ever match to the failed Motor City Wrestling relaunch to my ban from the other SCW, there’s definitely been some low points and that’s without me even thinking about the first few months of the year when I was still in training! The highs though? I’m a double champion, I finally figured out that I’m a lesbian, I met not one but two beautiful women who are as good in bed as they are in terms of looks and I’m set to welcome in the new year with a high!

Oh and win some wrestling matches along the way!

As for what 2023 will be like? Who knows? It’ll be my first full year as a wrestler and anything could happen over the next twelve months , whatever it is? I’m ready for it!

“Merry Christmas Cassie!” My mom greeted me as she opened my bedroom door and I groaned, I just wanted five more minutes in bed, is that to much to ask? “I know the tradition is too open the presents downstairs but I wanted to bring this one up to you.”

”This is cruel and unusual punishment for someone who isn’t a morning person!” I grunted in annoyance I had the bedsheets covering my head at that point and I just wanted to go back to sleep. ”This is because I dared to work that show in London on Wednesday, isn’t it………..” My complaints went out the window when I heard a high-pitched bark followed by panting and I finally looked up after removing the bedsheet from my head.

My heart fucking melted in seconds! In my mom’s hands was a six-week-old Golden Labrador who’s tail was wagging like crazy! It was practically love at first site! “I knew this would get you out of bed.” My mom laughed as I covered my mouth in shock before she carefully placed the puppy on my bed and let the puppy walk up to me. “We wanted to leave the name up to you but you should know that it’s a girl.”

”Thank you so much!” I squealed in delight as the puppy started sniffing me and seconds later the puppy was licking my face. ”But I gotta ask, how did you hide this from me? I’ve been home since Friday!”

“It wasn’t easy but we kept her in the garage until last night, kept her fed, took her for walks and cleaned up after her.” My mom explained as I started fussing the puppy! “All of which I expect you to do if you want to keep her.”

”Duh! I gotta get my exercise in somehow!” I responded with a grin as the puppy lay down on my stomach. ”And yeah, the other stuff goes without saying as well!”

“Good, now get dressed because the rest of your presents and breakfast is waiting for you downstairs.” My mom instructed me and I grinned before she closed the door behind her, it was still a while before I got out of bed because, well, I had a beautiful puppy laying on my stomach but the prospect of a cold breakfast did get me out of bed and dressed in no time.

As for the puppy’s name? I ended up calling her Sandie, before for her colour and because it was an abbreviated version of my full name Cassandra, but if this was any indication then the next twelve months were going to be epic!

Cassie’s room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 26th of December 2022, 16:00pm

*promo time*

Would’ve done this yesterday but honestly? I was pushing it when I travelled to London earlier in the week and mom wasn’t about to let me do this promo on Christmas Eve! Well, that and I had to head over to Krystal’s house so she could meet Sandie and I could receive my presents that she and Makayla had gotten me!

”I know I keep bringing this up but honestly? Can you blame me for being a bit proud? How many rookies my age end their rookie years as a double champion? But it’s not enough.” I admitted as I motioned to the two titles on the bed and Sandie watched on with her tail wagging. ”You see, I want to end this year with a bang and when I heard that Supreme Championship Wrestling was hosting a Year End Open Invitational? I had to jump in! How could I say no to $250,000, a new car and bragging rights?”

Well aside from one glaring thing.

”Okay yeah, I need to pass my driving test before I can use that car but I am working on that!” I admitted as I shook my head. ”Now as I said, this thing is open invitational and anyone who’s been following me in Modern Pro Wresting knows that I have plenty of experience with the Open Invitational format!” I added as I held up the MPW TV Title. ”Because for the first few weeks of its life, the TV Title was defended weekly under an Open Challenge format! Now, that was scrapped after my last defence of the title but if that fact doesn’t give me a massive advantage over the rest of the field? Nothing will!”

Will it be enough?

”Whether or not that experience will be enough for me to get the win next week is another matter entirely! But I’m taking the same approach I’ve taken to every other match I’ve had in my wrestling career thus far, not just in SCW!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Namely that I’m going to give it everything I’ve got and if I can win the prize over everyone else in the field? I will! And if all else fails?” It was at this point that I picked up Sandie and held the puppy up to the camera. ”Look at the cute puppy and despair!”

Yes, I really said that!

”Who are you to deny this cute puppy’s owner her prize? Who………” You know that old saying “never work with children or animals”? Yeah I just learned that the hard way because Sandie started licking my face mid rant. ”Seriously Sandie, did you have to do that mid-rant?!” I complained in between fits of laughter before I eventually relented and put the Labrador Puppy on my bed. ”Err, yeah, guys? Meet my sidekick Sandie, she was my major Christmas present from my parents! Now, if my perspective opponents can stop absolutely melting at the site of this cute puppy for a second, trust me, my heart was the same way, how about we get back on track?”

Where was I again?

”Look, I completely lost track of my rant when my new puppy started licking my face, can I just say that if I were defeated, whoever pinned me would be denying not just me my first car and a bunch of money but denying this cute puppy the privilege of seeing her mistress do well in the ring? What kind of monster would say no to these faces?!” I asked before putting on my cutest facial expression, Sandie? She’s a Labrador puppy, she didn’t need to put in any effort to look cute! ”I rest my case!”

It's that simple.

”I’ve spent this past year proving that I’m not just some millennial who hates boomer music, I’ve proven that I’m the future of this business already when I won my titles and the future in 2023 will be even brighter for me!” I stated before posing one more time with my puppy, who took it upon herself to lick my face again. ”Good grief Sandie, I don’t even get this much tongue action from my girlfriends! Err, anyway, winning this match and the prizes would be an epic way to close out my rookie year and I’m going all out to make that happen! By way of grabbing One Late Christmas Gift for me, namely? THIS PRIZE!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up!

”So yeah, I’m as excited for this prize as Sandie is whenever I give her food, dinner, doggie treats, scraps from the table, you name it, she’ll eat it!” I admitted as I stroked my puppy. ”Just like how I eat up opportunities like this like it’s going out of style! Okay, that was weirdly worded, how about I just jump into the wrap up? To my opponents? The Reign of the Wolfe is just beginning, to my fans I say that in a world of queens, be a rebel princess and my opponents will soon learn why I’m Hungry like the Wolfe!”

I after my room with my puppy as the scene fades.
Ash Harte RP

December 10th, 2022 

The holidays have always been challenging for Ashlynn Harte, but she never understood why. Sure, she was raised by her grandparents on her mother's side of the family. Since she didn't know her mother or father, it was only natural for her to assume that was the case. Which, considering the fact that her grandparents told her that her father died before she was born. They further added that her mother was killed in a car accident when she was just three years old. This meant that there was no reason to bother searching for them. However, there was always something in the back of her mind screaming at her that something was wrong with that. 

Then two years ago, while talking to her grandmother after avoiding talking to her for months, because her grandmother and her grandfather didn't approve of her becoming a wrestler. She had already reached the age of twenty-seven when that moment occurred. Considering that her grandparents didn't have her cellphone number at the time of the call, it was a tad frightening for her. The fear of her grandparents stalking her was quickly overshadowed by new questions. Her grandmother revealed to her that they had been lying to her for years about her father. Not only had he been alive for her entire life, but he was someone she knew well. 

"Ms. Harte, happy to see you again." Ashlynn was brought out of her own thoughts by the sound of another woman's voice. Ashlynn immediately turned her attention to the speaker, who was a nurse sitting behind the nurse's station desk. 

"Delighted to see you again too." Ashlynn omitted the nurse's name not out of callousness, but because she doesn't remember it. It's not like she came to the hospital to see that particular nurse. She's just someone that she passes by whenever she visits a current patient in the hospital. 

"I know it means a lot to Mr. Young that one of his former students visits him so regularly seeing as his daughter doesn't have the time to visit him." Ashlynn's facial muscles tensed for a brief moment in anger. Anger that the nurse called her a former student of Mike Young's. She took a deep breath to calm herself, because it wasn't the nurse's fault that she didn't know the truth. It was Ashlynn's fault, because she hadn't been able to reveal the truth to her sister. If it wasn't for the risk of the nurse letting the truth slip out to Patience, she would tell her. 

"It's the least I can do, considering I'm the reason he's in here." She lamented, as it was her fault for that as well. As it has been difficult for her since her release from the SCW. Her debut can be seen as a cautionary tale as she was seen as extremely lucky and talented when she appeared on Breakdown wrestling. However, after just a handful of matches, she was let go from the company. It didn't take the rumor mill long before they were speculating as to what the cause was. 

Some claimed that it was because she was difficult to work with, because of attitude issues, but that was just the tip of the iceberg. However, there was one reason that she was ranked higher than all the others and that was because she was too green in the ring. It was pretty much the end of her career. As having the honor of being the last student to graduate from Rick Young's wrestling school that has turned out World champions for several years. 

She tarnished her uncle's school reputation as she was seen more as a liability than an asset. She had to start all over if she wanted a second chance at wrestling. So, she was taking any kind of booking, any kind of gig she could... which would make any sane wrestler run the other way. However, she was training again with her father. She was hell bent on proving those rumors wrong by winning the End of the Year battle royal this year and everything was proceeding according to plan. Then, one day, while sparring with her, her father hurt his back and was unable to continue. 

'Hey Ash," her father said, as she entered his hospital room. She smiled, because she was happy to spend as much time as she could with her father considering that for too long she thought he was dead. However, seeing the sleep expression on his face from the pain killers he was on was killing her. Had she not botched the execution of the suplex, he wouldn't have slipped the disk in his back. 

After making sure the door was shut behind her. "Hey dad." 

"I assume you still haven't talked to Patience?" It didn't matter if he was doped up on pain killers in the moment or not. He could tell from the look on her face that he was right. He wanted both of his daughters to reunite, but at the same time he couldn't bring himself to make it happen. He felt as if he had failed them both. He failed, Patience, because he couldn't bring himself to tell her about her sister over the years. This was more so for Ashlynn, because he didn't fight harder to keep her from her grandparents. 

"It's difficult... what if she doesn't believe me?" Her fear was valid, because hardly anyone would believe that a soap opera story could be real. Despite the fact that it was definitely real in this case. Jennifer Harte, his fiancée was killed in a car accident on December 14, 1995, just a little over a week before the girl's third birthday. However, that's not the scariest part of it, because he knows Patience doesn't know this, but he can assume that Ashlynn's grandparents hadn't told her the truth either. That night, their mother was killed. Ashlynn was in the car with her, and barely survived the crash.  

"Can you hand me my wallet?" Ashlynn grabbed his wallet from the closet in the room and offered it to him. He held on to the piece of leather for a moment, before finally opening it up. As he reached into one of the "hidden" sleeves, the nightmares of dealing with Ashlynn in the hospital while fighting her grandparents for custody returned to him. Along with it was the regret that he had to give up one daughter to be able to keep the other one. He had no choice in the matter, because if he tried to keep both he would have lost both, because he wouldn't have been able to take care of both of them, with Ashlynn in the ICU without the money that he was making from working for the XWL. 

"Do you have baby oil on your skin?" He was brought out of his thoughts by the smell of the oil product on his daughter's skin. However, she couldn't bring herself to answer him, because she knew that it would bring shame to him if he knew the truth. "Never mind you, must have a reason. Here take this, your uncle Rick took it many years ago" 

"What is it?" She knew that it was a photograph, but she didn't know how it was going to help Patience. When she saw the contents of the photograph, however, everything changed. This photo clearly shows not only her father, but also her mother, as well as both Patience and her. Their birthdays were clearly written on the back of the photograph. Ashlynn, December 24th, 1992, at 11:55pm and then thirteen minutes later, Patience on December 25th. 

==================================================================================== 

December 14th, 2022 

Ashlynn felt humiliated, but it was the closest that she'd been able to come to grappling for a while. Though it didn't make it any easier as she sat in the dressing room covered in baby oil. She wanted to be wrestling real matches, in front of real fans, and not the horny patrons of this bar. Her ring gear was starting to show the effects of these shows. After a while, the clothing she proudly wore on SCW Breakdown was starting to show signs of staining due to the oil, mud, and whatever else they forced her to wrestle in. 

"Alright, gals come get your cut!" Ashlynn's face cringed at the sound of the "promoter's" voice. He was as surly as they came, beer gut sticking out of jeans and a shirt that was too small for his size. Not to mention the nauseating smell of cigar smoke. The three other girls rushed towards the man, because they couldn't care less about him, because all they wanted was easy money. 

Ashlynn's opponent for the night said, "Me first!". Her name was Tina Ardoin, but not many people actually know her by that name. 

"Moonlight Breeze, let's see... five hundred dollars." He said, with a perverted smile on his face, as he watched her jump up and down in joy over the amount. His eyes never left her massively fake breasts. 

"What about me, baby?" Ashlynn's eyes shifted to Janine Rogers, but again not the name anyone associates with her, because she wrestles in practically nothing, and the other two seem to think that she's sleeping with the promoter with the way she always calls him baby. 

"Sugar Momma, four hundred dollars." The name that he gave her doesn't help with that idea either. However, the fact that she doesn't make as much as Tina is surprising. The guy that runs an erotic wrestling show has some sense of decency when it comes to pay. 

"What about me? Did I take the spot this time?" Ashlynn sighed, as Sophia Turner was too naive for her own good. Then again, she didn't understand why they were fighting for the "top spot." Sure, it meant that they got the most money for the night from the bets placed on the matches, but as well as any tips that were passed on to the house. Though, that is after the house takes a cut for themselves, which Ashlynn is starting to suspect is much more than they tell them it is.  

"I won't forget about you, Cutie Pie. Another solid performance for... four hundred dollars." The young girl was slightly hurt that she didn't make more than the other girls, but she was still happy with the amount that she made. Ashlynn sighed, because that meant that it was her turn, and she knew what was coming. 

"Just get it over with." Ashlynn snapped bitterly. 

"For the headliner, fifty dollars." He smirked devilishly, because he knew that he was underpaying her considerably, because he was trying to break her. She was the main attraction but compared to the other girls she wasn't dressed slutty enough for his clients. Although he knew that she still believed she would make it back to the SCW or at least another respectable organization, he was trying to show her that the only way she could go was down. 

"Thanks." Ashlynn said, as she took the money from the troll of a man. She wasn't willing to fight him for more money, because all he would do was refuse to pay her then. And she damn sure wasn't willing to beg for more money, because that would mean that he won. She would rather get a nine-five job than give in to him. 

"Ashlynn! You need to see this!" Tina said, but she did not move to look at what she was trying to show her. The last time she did that she got stale beer thrown in her face. 

"What a shame," Janine added. 

"Hey, isn't Mike Young, the old guy you've been training with?" Sophia said, and that right there was enough to get Ashlynn's attention to turn toward them and what she saw horrified her. Even though the TV was muted, the picture of her father holding up the XWL World championship left no doubt in her mind that it was him the newscaster was talking about. The headline at the bottom of the screen had to be wrong... "Wrestling legend Mike Young passes away." 

( TO BE CONTINUED )
Reed James roleplay 1 of 2

For Reed James it had been a roller-coaster twelve months, starting on the streets of New York and culminating with an apartment, a job and more than anything some self-dignity emerging from the shell of what he once was. Reed right now was on top of the world, and ultimately that all came down to one person. That person being none other than the now SCW World Champion Owen Cruze. Of course, Finch, Chloe, Willow and Jason had all played their part, but ultimately it was Owen who had taken a chance on someone when no one else would, and he would always be grateful for that. When Owen won the World Championship, Reed doubted that there was anyone who had cheered as loud as he had, knowing just how much it had meant to him. And knowing the responsibility that came with that Title, it had been a surprise that Reed would be called into Finch’s office, coming face to face with the Champion himself.

Owen: Hey man, thanks for your time. Take a seat.

Reed: Am I in trouble or something?

Owen: Nah, nothing like that. Just looking for a chat if that’s ok.

Reed: Alright… sure.

Reed pulls out a chair and takes a seat, still a little nervous as to what this was all about.

Owen: So, how’s life been treating you? All settled in the new apartment.

Reed: Yes, thank you. It’s really starting to look like my own.

Owen: And the job… still happy here? Finch tells me you’ll throw yourself into anything. Even recently doing some maintenance.

Reed: I like to help Owen. I mean, you guys gave me an opportunity, it would be wrong of me not to help wherever I can. And you’ve all been so good to me.

Owen nods his head, agreeing with the sentiment.

Owen: I get that. It’s a good attitude to always want to give back and seeing someone like you with that kind of attitude, well it means we must be doing something right here. After all, you were the guinea pig, so it’s heartening that you’ve been a real success story. I know Willow and Jason think a lot of you, and I do too.

Reed: Thank you.

Owen: I hear you’ve found yourself a girlfriend as well?

Reed: Yes, I have.

Owen: Does the lucky girl have a name?

Reed: Well, I’m the lucky one… but her name is Zara.

Owen: Nice one. It’s good to see you getting out there and being a part of society. It’s having friends and relationships that will keep you from ‘going back’ so to speak. Not as I think there is any danger in that.

Reed: Yeah, she’s nice… doesn’t know about my past yet but I’m going to tell her when the time is right. How do you tell someone that you came from the streets though?

Owen: Exactly like that Reed, there is nothing to be ashamed of, nor is it something that you should hide. If she’s as great as you obviously think she is, she’ll love you for who you are now, not what you were before. And anyway, it wasn’t like you were a monster, is it? You were only doing what you had to do to survive. No one should dismiss you for that. Look at it this way Reed, you wouldn’t be the person you are today if you hadn’t experienced it all firsthand and learned from those mistakes. It’s a good job that it was me you pulled a knife out on and not someone else, or your situation could have been a lot different. But sometimes, you gotta ride that luck, which is precisely what you did.

Reed understood every word perfectly, and so he should consider it had been drilled into him repeatedly, the need to feel good about yourself. Andy, the shelters psychologist had done a lot of work with him and had signed off on Reed leaving when he had, Owen more than willing to let an expert make that decision. What Reed still didn’t understand however was why he was here.

Reed: So… is this what you wanted to talk about?

Owen: Actually, no…

Reed: I didn’t think so… there is something wrong isn’t there?

Owen: No, not at all, exactly the opposite in fact.

Reed: Sorry… for being paranoid I mean.

Owen: No, that’s fine Reed, but because of that I’m not going to hold on any longer.

Reed: Thanks, I don’t think my heart could take it.

Owen: Before I make this suggestion however Reed, I want to make something perfectly clear.

Reed: Here we go…

Owen: What I am going to suggest, is nothing more than an experiment ok? An opportunity for Jason and I to see how the land lies. There is no pressure on you, and you shouldn’t put any pressure on yourself. Truth is, this is way to early for you, but it seems like too much of an opportunity to pass up.

Reed: Opportunity? I don’t understand.

Owen: I’m talking about the End of Year Invitational Battle Royal in SCW. Jason and I both believe that you should enter.

Reed’s face tells all the story, his shock obvious for all to see. He’s speechless, and so Owen continues, allowing Reed to digest what he has just been told.

Owen: Look Reed, I know you’ve only been training for just over six months, and your training is nowhere near complete.

Reed: No shit

Owen finds Reed’s first words amusing as he finds his voice and makes his feelings known.

Owen: But it’s all well and good sparring with people at your own level, but they aren’t going to test you in a way that the SCW Superstars will. I’ve already heard that Clyde Sutter is going to compete, and I have no doubt that there will be a few more that throw their hats into the ring. This way, we get to see just how well you handle yourself against some seasoned professionals, and like I say, with no pressure on your shoulders.

Reed: But what’s the benefit in me getting murdered?

Owen: First, I don’t believe you will. Don’t get me wrong, with some of the names being mooted to compete, I wouldn’t be putting any money on your winning the whole thing.

Reed: At least that’s something we can agree on because I wouldn’t either.

Owen: But I don’t think for one second that you will be eliminated first either. And every veteran, or up and coming you outlast. The longer you go into this Battle Royal. The more we will get to know about how good you truly can be. Not only that, but it also puts your name on the lips of the SCW Management who are always looking out for their next young star. Imagine you eliminate Sutter… even if SCW aren’t interested you can bet there will be a raft of other companies sitting up and taking notice. It will be your first step towards the big time.

Reed pauses for a moment, thinking it through. There was no doubt at all he would love to step into that ring, ever since it had been said he could be a competitor, it was all he’d dreamed of. But this was something else, the real deal, and the one thing he didn’t want to do was look stupid. And he knew that was a distinct possibility.

Owen: So, what do you think?

Reed scratches the back of his head, not sure what he was supposed to think.

Reed: I don’t know Owen; this all just seems too much.

Owen: And ultimately Reed, you are right to think that way. There are going to be people in this match with over a decade more experience than you can muster. People with technical abilities that we aren’t anywhere near teaching you yet. But Jason and I believe in you Reed. Willow as well. We wouldn’t be putting you in this situation just to be a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter. If we did, what kind of people would we be. In fact, what kind of school would this be. We are putting you in there because we believe it would benefit your development. Nothing more, nothing less. But the final decision must be yours. We won’t make you do anything that you truly don’t want to, if you don want to go for it, then there is always next year. But Jason and I think you can make a real stir, and just imagine if you got the last ten, last five even. Imagine how big that would be?

Reed gives it some more thought, Owen coming across as more than a little persuasive. To Owen’s delight, he starts to nod his head, and takes the deepest of breaths.

Reed: OK, I’ll do it, but if I end up in A & E because I was in no way ready for this…

Owen: It’s not going to happen Reed…

Owen pauses, thinking of something in the moment.

Owen: Get your jacket

Reed: What?

Owen: Come on, get your jacket, I want to show you something.

Reed: Err, OK. One minute.

Reed gets to his feet, once again confused by what was going on, and then realizing what he had just agreed to. Fact was, however, he trusted Owen more than anyone, and if he believed he could do it, then he trusted his mentor was right. He was the Champion, after all.
==========
December 26th, 2022
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

The year 2022 was definitely wrought with ups and downs for “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock. On the one hand it was definitely a successful year for her in ring activity. She won the SCW United States Championship, defeating Josh Hudson. She won the MWE World Championship, her record seventeenth career world championship, at their five year anniversary program in a wild Cage Scramble. Now to close out 2022 she has made the semi-finals of the SCW Trios Tournament, standing on the precipice of a third Trios Tournament victory which would give her the power to book herself in any match she wants with any stakes she wants. If she wants another shot at the SCW World Title she can make it happen. If she wants a shot to become Supreme Champion by winning the two titles she has yet to win in the company, she can make that happen as well. So much power is at her fingertips if she can just survive the remainder of the Trios Tournament.

Unfortunately the year 2022 had its fair share of low moments of darkness and despair for The British Bombshell. Braddock’s paranoia returned upon hearing of rumors of a potential hostile takeover within the company; rumors of a coup to remove her from power. Glory’s oldest daughter, Melinda Braddock, is dating a family arch rival; the monstrous Clyde Sutter. But the most painful blow of them all was dealt when her beloved mother, Maria Kurinsky, passed away suddenly. In fact, the death of her mother coupled with the paranoia created by the hostile takeover rumors as well as her daughter drifting into the arms of a rage fueled psycho like Sutter drove Glory Braddock to the brink of insanity.

Some might argue that the insanity took full hold of The British Bombshell and refused to relent. It would be easy to make that case; Braddock has changed quite a lot recently and everyone can tell. Gone is the humble, noble, do-gooder. She is now selfish and out for herself. She is promoting all things British as the end all be all; but above all she is promoting herself as the very best of the best, the cream of the crop. It feels like a complete 180 and it is difficult to tell why or how this happened. What the public does not realize is that what they see on television is just a small piece of the evidence of that points towards the truth of Glory’s pain and heartache.

It all points to the fact that she no longer trusts her own judgment. Glory believes that her questionable judgment led to the conditions of a possible hostile takeover. Her questionable judgment pushed her daughter away from her and into the arms of Clyde Sutter. She used to have a parental figure, be it Glenn Braddock or Mary Kurinsky to guide her, advise her, lead her along the right path. But now that both are gone she felt totally and utterly alone. She no longer trusted her own judgment; thus she sought out assistance from someone who has guided her in the past. Someone who could also help ease the pain and heartache of the tragic losses she had suffered this past year.

Glory Braddock returned to the loving arms of Aphrodite Noel. She made the life altering decision to once again become her daughter. It was all from the suggestion of a therapist, as well as the advice of Glory’s best friend Sophie O’Brian. Why continue to live in the painful reality when you could live out a much happier fantasy? In Glory’s fantasy she still has a mother. In Aphrodite’s fantasy, she wanted Glory as her daughter. It made perfect sense to the both of them. Now as 2022 is coming to a close, The British Bombshell no longer feels lost. She no longer questions her judgment. She no longer has to because she has a mother to guide her and lead her along the right paths. She does as her mother tells her and she is supremely confident that all will be well from now on.

The British Bombshell is currently alone in her luxurious living space in the living room of her Miami, Florida home. Kurt Logan is at the gym while their youngest child, Dawn Logan, is upstairs in her room. Glory is lounging around on a plush leather cream colored sofa. She is wearing a solid pink hollow out ruffle mini dress with a high waist and v-neck line. Her sandals are on the floor by the sofa while Braddock lies comfortable on the sofa, watching the news on the big screen television. Her focus on the news of the day is interrupted when she hears the doorbell ringing. Braddock sighs as he reaches for the remote and turns the television off. She slides her feet over and slips them into her sandals and stands up. The doorbell rings again and Glory rolls her eyes.

“Hang on a second!” Braddock shouts with a hint of frustration in her voice. She still hasn’t finalized plans on who to hire to work for her. She wishes she would have got that accomplished already. She wouldn’t have had to answer this door herself. Oh well, that’s a minor problem for another time. The beautiful blonde makes her way out of the living room and towards the door. She opens it up and is quite surprised upon seeing the dark, raven haired beauty she recalls quite vividly as Jamie Ryan, the niece of Floyd Ryan, member of her corporate Board of Directors.

“Jamie…” Glory is taken aback at first but she quickly regains her composure. She narrows her eyes in a glare “...what are you doing here?”

Braddock can guess what she wants. It was Jamie who had seemingly been obsessing over The British Bombshell. It was a scary obsession. It wasn’t until later that Jamie finally admitted what this obsession had to do with. Jamie, and her uncle Floyd, claims that there was a planned coup against her by members of the Board of Directors. Floyd, a Board member who claims to be loyal to Braddock, had offered his assistance. Glory’s paranoia had kicked in big time upon hearing the threat of a hostile takeover. She was so paranoid that she wasn’t sure if she could trust Floyd Ryan and his niece Jamie. More red flags were recently raised when Braddock learned from Aurora Alan, the minority shareholder, that Floyd and his family have criminal connections; the same criminal connections that got Glory’s former associate Meagan Collins in trouble with the FBI. Is this someone Braddock really wants to associate herself with, even if they are truly loyal to her and want to help? Then again, can Glory believe that they are really loyal to her?

“Look, I know I’m probably the last person you want to see, especially after how I acted…”

“Yeah, you acted like a freak.” Glory says with a low snarl.

“You’re right.” Jamie says with a nod of her head. “I was wrong for my actions. I was wrong for trying to pressure you into…”

“Pressuring me into doing you and your dad some favors? Pressuring me into throwing my own ethics out the window?”

“I was wrong for trying to pressure you into doing something you weren’t comfortable with.” Jamie answers back. She sighs deeply. “I am so very sorry, Glo…Ms. Bradock.”

“Ok, fine. You’re forgiven. Now leave…” Glory attempts to shut the door in her face but Jamie stops it.

“Wait!”

“I said leave!” Glory says, her voice growing a little louder as she grows in anger.

“Not yet. I have a peace offering.” Jamie offers Glory a small box. The blonde reluctantly takes the box and opens it up. A diamond necklace is inside. Braddock won’t say it but she can’t help but be impressed by this gift. It appears to be quite expensive. Jamie, or her uncle one, is apparently trying to buy her support.

“Jamie, I can’t…”

“Please accept it.” Jamie insists. “No questions asked. I don’t expect anything in return. That is my way of apologizing for offending you in any way. I just ask you to forgive me.” Braddock sighs and rolls her eyes.

“Fair enough, mate. I forgive you. Now will you leave?”

“I will…” Jamie smiles knowingly “...but I do have one last request.”

“I thought you said ‘no questions asked’?”

“I did.” Jamie nods her head. “I just want to invite you to have dinner with me and my uncle sometime. Consider it…” she pauses and then winks “...business.”

“If this is business why are you involved?” Glory asks. “You aren’t part of the company. That’s what got you in trouble in the first place; you tried to pressure me into giving you a high level position with the company.”

“I know and like I said, I do apologize. But I think you really should listen to what my uncle has to say. We recently learned that there are people within the company plotting against you. They want you overthrown and the fact that Aurora Alan, a member of the Alan family that founded the company, now finds herself with a share of ownership…”

“A small minority share.” Glory points out.

“True but she still has ownership nonetheless. The faction of Alan family loyalists within the company who thrive upon the nostalgia of the old days want that family back in charge. They will try to take you out, Ms. Braddock. My uncle and I just want to help you cement your control over the company.” She reaches out and takes Glory by the hands. “We support you and your vision.” Braddock shakes the grip of Jamie’s hands.

“Bullshit. You will want something in return. Everyone does.”

“Business is a cruel, cutthroat sport. You need allies to survive. Surely you must know this? My uncle offers you plenty of allies and support because we support your vision. We just ask that you hear us out.” Jamie insists. Braddock sighs.

“You just want me to hear him out?”

“That’s right.”

“Can my husband come along?” Glory asks. “He has always been a big part of my decision making process.”

“My uncle was hoping it could just be a one on one business dinner between you and him.”

“Yet you’re going to be there too.” Glory says, pointing an accusatory finger at Jamie. “That sounds unfair to me. Why should I trust you?”

“You have no reason to.” Jamie says, shaking her head. “Just come to the dinner. After hearing my uncle and what he has to say if you still don’t want our help then we will leave you alone.” There is a pause while Glory thinks about this offer. It does sound promising. She might learn more about what Floyd and Jamie have in mind. But could she be playing right into their hands? Are they the real plotters and are they trying to lure her into a trap? Glory feels the paranoia start to seep back in. She knows she needs to end this conversation quickly. She also knows that she cannot make this decision alone.

“I will think about it.” Glory says, relenting at least somewhat; hopefully that will be enough to satisfy Jamie. It appears to work as Jamie nods her head.

“That works great. You know how to reach me or my uncle when you make up your mind.”

“I do.” Glory nods her head. “I will call with my decision and if I agree to meet, then we can work out those details later.”

“Fair enough.” Jamie blows a kiss to Glory. “See you later, Ms. Braddock.”

==========
December 27th, 2022
Miami, Florida
On Camera
==========

Night has dawned on this Tuesday in Miami, Florida. We are outside by a pool. There is also a patio area located nearby where the pool happens to be. Several lights are shining down upon this patio/pool area to light the way for the arrival of the owner of this property; the clicking of heels signals her arrival. Eventually, from the shadows, we see “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock stepping into view from the left. The reigning MWE World Champion is dressed in a black mini dress with no sleeves, black nylon hose, and black open toed high heel patent leather pumps. Her long blonde hair hangs straight to past the shoulders. She has her MWE World Championship title belt draped over her right shoulder.

“It is fair to say that every year is a roller coaster of emotions full of highs and lows, ups and downs, enough to make your stomach turn. When I look at what has gone in within the confines of professional wrestling lately, I cannot help but admit that my stomach has turned with what has happened during 2022. People have taken what is supposed to be a glorious, sport of kings and queens, a noble battle of warriors to see who is the true best of the best, and they have turned it into a clown show. They have turned it into a circus act. The great warriors of old are replaced by children’s tv show actors. Garbage wrestling is being spotlighted as the marquee act because society itself has grown more and more barbaric. People are becoming degenerates.” Braddock shakes her head in utter disgust.

“That is what happened to professional wrestling in 2022. It is difficult to look at this and be hopeful for a better New Year. Lucky this sport has me, The British Bombshell, the true best wrestler in the world today, to defend this sport’s integrity. If there is one small yet bright and shining light within this sport, well you are looking at her. Despite all of the abysmal darkness of 2022, you still had me to give you glorious moments. Just think of the many beautiful moments I created in 2022…”

“...I became the SCW United States Champion and from there wiped that piece of trash away with the new and improved SCW United Kingdom Championship.”

“...I advanced to the semi-finals of the Trios Tournament, and when 2023 rolls around I will complete the job and win my third Trios Tournament.”

“...and last but certainly not least.” She pats the MWE World Championship title belt that rests over her right shoulder. “I won my career seventeenth World Championship. I don’t know about the rest of you, but my 2022 was incredible. 2022 was arguably the best year of my wrestling career. And as I look forward to 2023, I know that the New Year will be even more incredible. I will win the Trios Tournament and get more power to shape the future of Supreme Championship Wrestling. I will topple Owen Cruze to become a two time SCW World Champion. I will win the SCW World Tag Team Championship and the SCW Television or Underground Championship to become Supreme Championship, further cementing my legacy as the single greatest wrestler in SCW history.” Braddock chuckles softly and then shakes her head.

“Oh but I’m getting ahead of myself, aren’t I? Because, ladies and gentlemen, 2022 is far from over. There remains one big event on the SCW calendar and that is the End of the Year Special.” Braddock nods her head. “I know that I could just sit back and watch the chaos unfold. I could sit idly by and watch as people enter the Open Invitational and utterly destroy one another. What would a victory in the Open Invitational do for me? What would it mean for me and my legacy?” The MWE World Champion narrows her eyes in a glare of anger at the camera.

“I am entering not for the prize money or the car. I don’t need either. I am entering because my passion is for this business. My passion is towards wrestling and specifically towards the promotions I represent…MWE and Supreme Championship Wrestling. As it pertains to SCW, Shaun Cruze allowed that once great promotion to become a joke. Under his piss poor management SCW became the laughing stock with penguins and bears as main event acts. Referees dressed as literal zebras. A number one contender for the world title decided in a onesie wearing child’s birthday party. Now SCW yet again opens its door to anyone and everyone to just come on in and further degrade the product.”

“Now I know that the Open Invitational is a tradition. Tradition is normally a good thing. Yet now that Shaun Cruze has ruined SCW. Now that he has stained SCW, the serious competitors will not show up. Instead we will get people who do not take this business seriously. We will get gimmicks, we will get jokes, we will get jokes. And that is why I am going to enter this Open Invitational. I am going to run the losers and nobodies out of Supreme Championship Wrestling. I am going to take anyone who does not take this business seriously and I am going to throw them out on their ass.” Braddock smirks knowingly.

“More importantly, this is going to be a preview of 2023. This is a preview of the New Year. So I want a few specific people to pay very close attention this battle royal and what happens. Selena and Deanna, the tag champs…take notes. Polly, the Television champ…be warned. Kim, the Underground champ…watch your back. And especially you, Owen, the new SCW World Champion…” she pats her MWE World Title belt “...I too know what it means to be a world champion. It means to be committed every single waking second of your fucking career to this business. How committed are you, Owen? Are you committed enough to do your very best or are you so damn lousy that you’re going to screw it all up and lose your championship in your first defense to the Hairless Fucking Penguin?” She laughs softly.

“My money is on the penguin. Regardless, whoever the world champion is should take notes. 2023 is going to be my year and my performance in this battle royal will serve as evidence of that. I will march into the Open Invitational, kick everyone’s ass, win it all, and rub it in all your damn faces. I will rub it into the faces of each and every person who ever doubted me. As for the prize money and the car?” Glory shakes her head. “Like I said, I don’t need it. I’ll give it to Amelia. All I need is to be the best and that is what I am. That is what I have proven every single time I set foot inside a wrestling ring. I prove that I am the best. I prove that very few can touch me inside that ring. And on the final show of 2022, I will once again prove it.”
Pages: 1 2