Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: I'm a dumbass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So hey, I'm a total dumbass who wrote up a promo for Emerge 8 a couple weeks ago and lost track of what date it was and did not post this promo in the appropriate thread in time. So I'm just going to put the promo here just so that it's not a complete waste. Enjoy, I guess?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

At Invasion:Texas, Sabrina Bello had a chance to start getting back on track and it seemed like maybe, just maybe, she would do so against a young woman competing in her very first match, Jennifer Helms. Unfortunately for Sabrina, it was a big let down as she was unable to put away Helms. She was not necessarily shattered by Helms as was the claim heading into the match, but losing two straight matches after returning from a lengthy injury layoff is not emerging that would normally inspire someone to work harder. You work extremely hard to rehab a serious injury, which itself is not fun, then lose consecutive matches to the likes of Mya Denton and Jennifer Helms.

If you think for one moment that this is going to cause Sabrina to turn back or disappear from the business again, you might be surprised by what she has to say. She was interviewed the day after Invasion by Lilee Snow, for the second time in as many days.

Snow: So Sabrina, here we are the day after Invasion and again you come up short. This was your second match back and I am pretty sure you told me last night before your match that you were pretty sure you had shaken off the ring rust against Mya. So what happened out there?

Sabrina actually smiles in response to that question and takes a deep breath before responding.

Bello: I was defeated cleanly right in the middle of the ring by a woman fighting her very first match. Some of you out there are surely thinking that I might have some sort of excuse for why I lost or that I am maybe embarrassed after losing to someone competing in their first match.

She strangely pauses and fails to continue that train of thought, a strange look washing over her face.

Snow: Cone on now, you just cannot leave us hanging like that. Do you have any excuse? Are you embarrassed?

Bello: I do not having any excuse. I could lie to you and say that I was still experiencing a little ring rust in there, but that would not be doing any favors to myself. It is not productive to lie to oneself about such things. Simply put, she is already really damn good at this and she has only just begun. Perhaps to some small extent I subconsciously doubted what she could do in the ring. But am I embarrassed?

Sabrina stares at the ground as she really thinks about what she is feeling now. When she looks back up at Snow, she looks her right in the eye with all the seriousness in the world.

Bello: You better believe I am fucking embarrassed! I am ashamed that I allowed her to beat me like that. As a veteran of this business, I am supposed to show the younger talent how it is done. You know, teach them a little bit about how things are done around here. And I’m this instance, beat a little respect into a rookie who time and time again disrespected me. She kept ratcheting up the disrespect, basically calling me a fake whore for the most part and I let her off the hook. What do I do about that, huh? She had no respect for me before the match and perhaps even less afterwards.

Snow: What is your plan, then? How do you expect you are going to turn things around?

Bello: It is really quite simple. I will keep on grinding and working my hardest to try and ensure victory the next time around. I will admit that maybe I have put a little too much faith in Alexa Cannon as my trainer. She was instrumental in my rehab as she kept my spirits lifted and was a master at keeping me motivated. However, now that I am pretty much back to being in top physical form, her services as a trainer are basically useless to me. So I have a new training plan in place that is going to focus more on the aspects of physicality that are more prudent to fighting. I grew a little soft while rehabbing and forgot a little bit about what it takes to overcome physical punishment and keep going.

Snow: Would you mind sharing a little bit about what that  might entail?

Sabrina: I would tell you more about it, but somehow I would end up only be made fun of for it. I am done with sharing so much information, especially when it is something that can just be used to taunt me.

Snow almost has to stifle a giggle after that series of answers.

Snow: Are you kidding right now? You barely say much of anything at all. Until our interview yesterday, it was really unclear if you had anything to say at all.

Sabrina: I am not afraid to remain silent if I do not have anything particularly exciting to say. You want to know a little bit more about why I did not say anything about Mya Denton leading up to that match? The prospect of fighting her bored the shit out of me. She is so boring and pathetic that I allowed myself to kind of just overlook her. Whatever! If I get the chance to fight her again, which I just might in this Spirit Championship Tournament, I will not take a victory over her for granted. Every single person in Emerge, whether or not I respect them or find them interesting at all, is capable of beating anybody at any time.

Snow: That is actually very true. Upsets happen all the time in this business. Some might say, however, since you have been a part of the business for a few years and have yet to win a single championship, that Mya beating you is not really an upset but rather the expected outcome.

Sabrina cannot simply shrug that off. After all, it is true that while Sabrina maybe used to have some great potential in the past, she really has not accomplished anything yet. To her credit, she composes herself and looks up at Snow with a fair amount of sorrow on her face. Her voice wavers a bit as she responds.

Sabrina: The truth really does hurt. Wow, uh, yeah. Here is the thing, Lilee. Ever since my mother died and I made the decision to come to America, I have spent a lot of my days being utterly confused about what to do with my life. The only thing I have really improved at since coming here is that I now speak very good English. Big whoop, right? I hope you are ready for a little story about my past. There are some things I would like to get off my chest now that I have someone, in the form of Jennifer Helms call me out for having fake breasts. She called me plastic and that really cut me deep.

Anyhow, all those years ago, I was desperate to find a path to a good life and I believed I found it in the world of modeling. Stay in shape and take pictures for a living. Easy, right? Back then, though, all the powers to be in the world of modeling told me that I had striking features and was visually stunning, but that I was missing something. That something was that I was a little too small in one area. Nowadays it does not seem to matter the breast size of the models, which is great for all the girls coming up. Good for them, but I did not have the same luck. So I used some of the insurance money I received when my mother died to get myself a breast job. I was not proud of my decision, but the only way I saw for a young girl from Santa Flavia to stay afloat in the Big Apple was to do what was asked of me.

Lilee: A lot of girls and women wish they had bigger breasts and do not have the money to get bigger breasts. Do you expect sympathy? Especially after all the help you have given to the awful Mika Kozlov in recent times?

Sabrina wastes no time in slapping the taste right out of Lilee’s mouth. She stares her down with great intensity.

Sabrina: Do not speak ill of Mika!!! She is the only one that gives a damn about me anymore!!! And no, I do not expect or desire sympathy. I am simply trying to explain why it is I acquired breast implants so that I will not have to hear anymore bullshit about how fake I am. I get it! My breasts are not real! It is not something I am proud of, but I still think I look really damn good, so fuck off about it! I wish I never felt the need to get them, but they are just a part of the package now. Can we please get back to questions that actually matter now?

Lilee rolls her eyes, remembering that she never really asked for any of that story.

Snow: Do you have anything you would like to say about the upcoming Spirit Championship Tournament?

Sabrina: I have an unbreakable spirit, so I think it is quite fitting that I should be competing for the newly birthed Spirit Championship. I am taking this tournament extremely seriously, which means that I am trying to find out as much as I can about this Miss Missato. I spent a couple of years training in her hometown of Kyoto, Japan, so I know a lot about the sort of people that come from that place. At least generally speaking, that is, because I never heard of the term waifu while I was there. I thought it might be some sort of martial arts like kung fu, you know? I thought, oh, she is the Princess of some sort of interesting, deadly martial art. Nope. I did not have any idea. So let me pull out my iPhone real quick and read off what it says waifu means. Google is quite helpful here.

Sabrina indeed pulls out her phone and reads verbatim what the definition is. She reads in an almost mocking term.

Sabrina: Noun. waifu (plural waifu or waifus) (fandom slang, Internet slang) A fictional female character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga or video game) to whom one is attracted.

Sabrina stares into the camera with a look of almost disbelief.

Sabrina: Can you believe it? It is really bizarre, but then again a fellow who fancied himself a superhero just left Emerge after being here for months, so what is to say it is bizarre anymore? Here is the thing, Miss Missato. I do not care about how cute you are or your fascination with being royalty in the world of anime fandom. I am sure that since you are from Kyoto, that you really know a lot about how to fight, so I am not going to call you a joke no matter what I think of your lifestyle choice. If that is what you call it. I also know that since Katelyn Buehler is your mentor, you know a lot more about how this business works than one might assume. I will not be fooled by that again. I disregarded Jennifer Helms’ pedigree and who trained her and all it got me was lying flat on my back looking up at the lights.

Snow: It does seem like you have done at least a little bit of work this time around.

Sabrina: Do you really think I just sit around doing jack shit all day? I get the impression from you now, from Jennifer Helms, other dismissive bitches and assholes on Twitter that I am some sort of whore. And I mean, really, just what do you think I do all day? That while I am being trained by Alexa Cannon, I am only trying to get her in her panties anytime I can? She is just some big-breasted bimbo to you all, right? She has no value to the world other than her breast size. Is that right?

Snow: That is not what I was saying at all. The few interactions I have had with Alexa have been largely pleasant. I was just saying that I get the impression that all of this means something to you after all.

Sabrina: Being successful in this business means everything to me now. Winning the Spirit Championship Title would be a tremendous honor and I am not about to allow a disrespectful little cunt like Jennifer Helms take that away from me.

Snow: You are assuming a whole hell of a lot, are you not? You have not won a match in quite some time, yet you seem to think the only person standing in your way is Jennifer Helms.

Sabrina just shrugs and smirks.

Sabrina: Oh, let us just say it is a hunch I have. And Lilee, here is the thing you do not know about me or that Emerge has never seen from me. I am really fucking good at all of this! I was on my way to great success when I shattered my ankle and it took a long, long time to get to this point right now where I can honestly say that I have full confidence that I can pull this off. And you know why I am not going to spend a lot of time talking about anybody other than Miss Missato and Jennifer Helms? Because frankly not a one of them is worth the breath it would take to speak of them.

Snow: That is pretty harsh, do you not think? Again, people are going to say that you have yet to accomplish one single thing in your career to this point.

Sabrina: You think that it is harsh, do you? What do you think the others are going to say about me, huh? Mya will blather on about how she beat me once, so she knows she can do it again. She might even join in the Helms tactic of calling me a fake slut. Ryan Singer? If there is a person coming into this tournament with less momentum than me, it is him. He is a wily old veteran, but just like with old Danny Darko, he should have retired long, long ago. The writing is on the wall, old fucker. The others involved concern me not, because I believe and will prove that I am above them on the food chain.

Lilee: You heard it here first, folks! The Queen Of Unearned Confidence claims she will be the first Spirit Champion!

Sabrina gives Lilee a death stare!

Sabrina: What did you just call me?

Lilee: Nothing, Miss Bello!

Sabrina: Thought so!