Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Sarah Wolf, Syren & Bree Lancaster vs. Nicole Kinneck, Owen Cruze & Ravyn Taylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trios Tournament Semifinals & Finals

2 RP Limit per match

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, January 4, 2023
+++ New York – 28th December 2022 +++

With the Christmas festivities over, Owen was torn between what he should do next. Obviously, there was the whole thing going on in Miami, where the Police we trying to piece together Charlotte’s disappearance, a case that Owen could solve for them in a heartbeat, and then in New York, Owen was expecting a visit from the authorities, Jason King having laid his hands on the Father of a potential occupant of the shelter, who just happened to be one of the most powerful men in New York City. With Jennifer staying in Los Angeles for New Years, Owen thought it best that he chose New York. As far as he was aware the police didn’t suspect him of withholding information, there was no way he could as he had burnt the only piece of evidence, a letter from Charlotte. So therefore, it seems like Finch would need him most, even though Shaun was still trying to find out who had put a brick through the windscreen of his car, CCTV giving them no clues. There was also the small matter of Reed James, who had been entered into the End of Year Invitation Battle Royal, a huge undertaking for a young man. To assist him, Owen was even using it as part of his preparations for what was a massive title defense for him, sparring with the young man, and finding out that like Jason had claimed, Reed hit… and hit hard.

Jason: That’s it, time… good stuff Reed, you looked good in there.

Reed: You think?

Owen: For sure bro… you’ve got some good fundamentals. I reckon you’re going to shock a few people on New Year’s Eve.

Jason: How’s the jaw?

Owen instinctively goes to it, holding it with a smirk.

Owen: Well, if that’s one of his shots during training, I’d hate to be on the end of one for real.

Jason: As long, as he doesn’t get too excited and go to the well once to often, he’s going to do great. And I’ll be watching ringside as well, recording the whole thing so that when we come back in the New Year, we’ll know what we need to work on.

Reed: Thanks… to both of you. This is an amazing opportunity.

Owen: It is, but don’t make it the be all and end all. This is all about your development, nothing more. But if you win the whole thing, don’t be surprised if SCW don’t try and get you on a pre-contract.

Reed: That would be amazing

Owen: It could be… we’ll see.

Reed looks a little confused, but now wasn’t the time to explain. In conversations with Jason, Owen had found out that he believed Reed was more suited to MMA than he was wrestling, his striking strength and speed being his standout attributes.

Owen: Anyway, hit the showers. We’ll speak more once you’re cleaned up. Good work bro.

Reed nods a thank you before rolling out the ring and heading to the changing rooms.

Owen: So, still think he’s more suited away from wrestling?

Jason nods an affirmative.

Jason: Honestly, yes, I do. He’s got all the tools to succeed in that environment, but I’m just not sure he’s gifted enough to wrestle.

Owen: It can be taught… Orlando proved that.

Jason: Of course, it can… but we’ve got to do what is right for Reed, and where he is most likely to excel. The way he moves around the ring, the speed and accuracy of his shots… boxing, MMA he’s got the potential to be a champion. Wrestling, I’m just not sure.

Owen: Guess we’ll have a better idea after the Battle Royal

Jason: For sure… not saying I can’t be convinced. He’s…

Jason breaks away from the conversation, his eyes diverted to the front door where two police officers have entered the gym. It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why they were there, and they immediately make a beeline for the ring. Owen slides out, as does Jason, Owen already having had his fill of the police this month, but both officers ignore him, and immediately focus their attention on Jason.

Officer One: Jason King?

Jason: Yeah, that’s me… guessing you want me to come down to the station for a chat?

Officer One: If you don’t mind.

Owen: Is he under arrest?

The second officer gets Owen’s attention.

Officer Two: It’s just for a conversation… I’m assuming you saw the altercation.

Owen: I did…

The second officer turns to his colleague, who is already motioning Jason towards the door.

Officer Two: I’m just going to take a statement… you can wait in the car.

The first officer nods, Jason shaking his head as he is led away. The first thought Owen has is thank God Willow isn’t here as she would no doubt have kicked off and the situation made a whole lot worse.

Officer Two: Do you have an office or something we can talk privately?

Owen: Sure thing… this way.

The officer follows Owen towards the office, Owen opening the door to allow him to enter before walking around the desk and taking a seat. He then motions for the officer to sit down which he does. Owen allows the officer to take the lead, not sure exactly what he had been told. Strangely, the Officer doesn’t pull a notepad from his pocket as was the usual procedure, and instead he prefers to look around the office. Finally, after that short hesitation, he starts to speak.

Officer Two: My name is Spencer, and I am investigating an alleged assault at these premises, of which you were a witness. Is that correct?

Owen: Yep

Spencer: So, you had taken in a Landon Morris in your care… you are the owner of this shelter, yes?

Owen: Also correct.

Spencer: Can you explain to me what happened when Eric Morris, Landon’s Father came to collect him?

Owen: That’s easy. He came in like a bull in a China shop, abusing my manager and pushing him to the floor. He grabbed Landon by the arm and dragged him away forcibly, and when Jason tried to intervene, he tried to push Jason the same way he had Finch…

Spencer: That’s your manager?

Owen: Yes. Jason however avoided the shot and lashed out, knocking Mr. Morris to the floor.

Spencer: With a punch, yes?

Owen: Correct

Spencer: And Mr. King is a trained fighter?

Owen: Yes, he is. Look, I know it doesn’t sound good, but Morris was the one who came into my gym shouting the odds and pushing my staff around. He was literally dragging Landon out of the gym, when the kid obviously wanted to be here, What Jason did was wrong, and I’ve told him such, but he doesn’t deserve to be charged. I need to inform you as well that Finch may be pressing charges of his own.

The officer nods his head, listening to every word but still not taking notes.

Owen: Shouldn’t you be writing all this down or something?

The officer sighs and seems to visibly drop his officious demeanor.

Spencer: Look Owen, can I call you Owen?

Owen: Sure, most people do.

Spencer: I’m going to level with you, the chief is a close person friend of Eric Morris. Eric has put a lot of money into the force, and so therefore has the ear of some very influential people. Fact is, it doesn’t matter what my colleague and I think about all of this, likely, the chief is going to push for a charge, simply to keep Eric happy and the money coming in.

Owen: That’s bullshit… sorry

Spencer: No Owen, you’re right it is. And I’d ask that you don’t repeat anything I just said, because I would deny it. But sometimes there are battles you can’t win, and this probably goes even higher than the chief.

Owen: So, what’s going to happen to Jason?

Spencer puffs his cheeks out, the reaction of a man who had seen this so many times before.

Spencer: My guess, he’ll be arrested and charged, and probably made to do the worst imaginable community service that they can muster to satisfy Eric’s ego. He’ll probably claim damages, even though he most certainly doesn’t need the money. My advice to you…

Spencer pauses, Owen nodding to accept any advice right now.

Spencer: Have a word with Finch, and make sure he doesn’t take his part in all this any further. All of you, put it down to a learning experience and move on. And if Landon shows up here again, lock the doors and don’t allow him in, because it will cause you nothing but trouble. It’s time like these when I really wonder why I always wanted to be a part of the force.

Owen: I honestly cannot believe that one person has that much clout in the city.

Spencer: Believe me Owen, you and I probably don’t even know the half of it.

Owen rubs his eyes, immediately feeling sorry for Jason, who probably even now didn’t understand the situation he was in and expected this to all be sorted out before days end. Part of him wished that he had been the one to take the stand and stuck up for Finch instead of Jason, maybe that is exactly what he should have done. Spencer gets to his feet, still not having taken any notes, obviously not seeing the point.

Spencer: I hope it all works out Owen… you guys are making our job a lot easier getting some of these people off the streets. I’d hate for you to lose faith in what you are doing here.

Owen gets to his feet, and holds out his hand which the officer takes, the two shaking.

Owen: I’ll never lose faith in this Officer and thank you.

Spencer: For what?

Owen: Telling me the truth.

Spencer grins and lets out a little chuckle.

Spencer: Truth is kind of our deal…

The grin turns into more of a wry smile.

Spencer: And yeah, I do see the irony in that statement. All we can do is the best we can, and in this place, that’s exactly what you are doing. We’ll get Jason back to you as soon as we can.

Owen: Thank you.

Spencer: I’ll show myself out.

The officer nods and leaves the room without another word, leaving Owen alone. He didn’t know how he got himself into these situations, but now he understood the kind of person Eric Morris was, he had a funny feeling that Jason’s arrest and charge and then subsequent sentence wouldn’t be enough. He wished, wholeheartedly that Landon Morris had never crossed his path, and he felt nothing but guilt for feeling that way.

+++ New York – 29th December 2022 +++

Owen had stayed in New York, wanting to stay a little longer to see how things had panned out. Predictably, Jason had been charged, and would be sentenced in the New Year, and as such, Owen had given him until 2023 off to clear his head and spend some quality time with Willow, there being no classes anyway. Owen had taken Reed’s last training session, and then sent him alone as well. Therefore, the school was quiet, with only the occasionally shuffling heard upstairs from the residents. As he tidies up before leaving for the day, a knock at the door pierces through the silence, waking him from his daydream instantly. With a scowl he heads towards the door and unlocks the bolts, opening it to two professional looking men in sharp suits, one of them whom he recognizes as George Rose, one of the building regulators involved in the planning permission for the building next door.

Owen: Hey George, Good Christmas?

George: Very good thank you… sorry to trouble you but could we come in?

Owen: Sure thing, you’re just in time. I was about to leave.

George and his colleague walk into the gym, Owen turning to face them.

Owen: Can I get you a drink? Tea, Coffee… something stronger?

George: No thank you. This will only take a moment, it’s regarding the expansion into the building next door.

Owen: Ah, I thought it had all gone a little too smoothly. Are there some forms that we have neglected to sign?

George: I’m afraid the situation is a little more complicated than that Owen.

George nods to his colleague, who rests his briefcase on a table, pulling out a document and passing it to George.

George: Thank you Paul

George then immediately passes it to Owen, showing very little in the way of emotion.

Owen: What’s this?

Only now just George’s face change, but the strange thing is the look is one of embarrassment.

George: As you know, all decisions are audited by a regulator, and your expansion into next door was one of the cases chosen.

Owen: Yeah, so what… it’s all signed off and above board. We start the renovations on the 10th of January.

George: I’m afraid that won’t be possible now Owen… planning permission has been rescinded.

Owen: WHAT???

George: It’s all in the document Owen… I’m sorry.

Only now does Owen open the file, and in big red letters across the top is ‘REJECTED’ his eyes then quickly scanning the document, trying to find some reasoning for it. It all seemed like jargon to him, so he looks to George to explain.

George: These things happen Owen I’m afraid. It has been decided that a wrestling school would not be in the best interests of the city.

Owen: OK, but it’s not just a wrestling school, is it? It’s also a shelter for the homeless, we are doing some good things for the city here. You’re really going to deny people that for the sake of what? Another carpark?

George: The use of the land hasn’t been decided upon yet Owen, I truly am sorry.

Owen: But why now? Only days before…

In that moment, the penny drops. Owen finally understanding what was going on here.

Owen: Eric.

The look on George’s face tells the story, and instantly Owen knows that he is right, Eric Morris had no doubt bought off the Building Regulators, and put a stop to Owen’s plans. George’s colleague manages to keep his poker face, but George can’t.

George: I really am sorry Owen, there was nothing I could do.

Owen: So, he has his hooks into you guys as well.

The other guy closes his briefcase, George lowering his head, unable to look at an increasingly angry Owen.

Owen: So, isn’t there some form of appeal? There must be a process surely?

George: There is…

Paul: But there really wouldn’t be any point.

The other man interjects, and Owen cannot help but see a look of smugness on his face, him being the one that had more than likely been paid off.

Owen: I think I should be the judge of that don’t you?

Paul: You would only be wasting your time Mr. Cruze, Give up your plans, and focus on the building you do have. I’d hate to think that you could potentially lose that as well.

George’s eyes widen in disbelief.

Owen: Is that a threat?

Paul: Not at all, just some friendly advice. Oh, and whilst I remember…

He reaches into his jacket, and pulls out another piece of paper, perhaps five or six sheets thick.

Owen: What’s this? Has this place been condemned of something? Wouldn’t surprise me.

Paul: No, nothing to do with this place, and in all honestly, I don’t appreciate your tone.

George: What are you doing, I wasn’t aware of anything else?

Paul: Oh, I’m sorry… did you not get the memo?

George: Well, obviously not.

The other guy passes the papers to Owen, who doesn’t even look at them and rips them up.

Paul: Just a little childish don’t you think?

Owen: You mean a bit like your pay day picking a grudge because he got laid out.

Paul: I don’t know what you are talking about. Anyways, as it seems I must inform you verbally, that document was written confirmation of an investigation being undertaken into the sale of the site of the current ‘Orlando Cruze’ memorial.

Owen looks more than a little confused now, George even more so.

Paul: You own that memorial, correct?

Owen: No, my uncle does. But Orlando Cruze was my father.

Paul: Well, it seems at the time of the sale of the land to your uncle, it wasn’t owned by the city.

Owen: What do you mean?

Paul: Due to an admin error at the time, it wasn’t picked up that the deeds were transferred to a private owner about eighteen months prior to Mr. Cruze requiring it.

Owen: Oh, this is priceless. Let me guess… the land was owned by a Mr. Eric Morris.

The man smirks, and it takes Owen everything he has not to knock the smirk of his face.

Paul: I’m afraid I cannot disclose that information Mr. Cruze. Confidential information, I’m sure you understand.

Owen: Afraid to ask, so what does that mean?

He looks towards George who is just as shocked as Owen is and can only shrug his shoulders not having the information.

Paul: Well, pending investigation, it is their intention to ensure that the Memorial is immediately demolished.

Owen: You can’t…

Owen lunges forwards, Paul flinching, but Owen managing to stop himself. He bites his bottom lip, doing his best to ensure his emotions don’t get the better of him.

Paul recognizes that Owen cannot do anything without making the situation worse, and gains confidence from such.

Paul: I’m obviously now aware that you personally do not own the Memorial, but if you could let your uncle know what is going on it would be appreciated. Obviously once we have concluded our investigation we will be in touch.

Owen: George please… you must see what is going on here.

Paul picks up his briefcase, once again smugly looking at Owen.

Paul: Thank you for your time, Mr. Cruze.

He walks towards the door, George stopping back.

George: I’ll catch you up

Paul: Of course.

Paul leaves, George waiting for the door to close before she speaks.

George: I’m sorry Owen, I thought something was suspect when the planning permission was revoked, but this.

Owen: This Eric Morris fella obvious has grudge… there’s no way that a mistake could be made like this. Surely?

George: It’s rare, but it has happened. Seems quite coincidental that it’s the same guy though.

Owen: Exactly.

George: Tell you what Owen, leave it with me, let me see what I can dig up. If I can find any shred of evidence that suggests that something is amiss, I promise you that I’ll bring it up with the right people.

Owen: I’m starting to think that there are very few good people in this city.

George: Oh, they are there Owen, and if we must blow this up, then that’s what we will do. Give me a few days ok… in the meantime, warn your uncle.

Owen: Why?

George: If this investigation gets pushed through, there would be nothing to stop them moving in and demolishing the place before you’ve even been told. If you can do anything to prevent that, if he can call in any favors, now is the time.

Owen: OK, thanks George.

The pair shake hands, George heading towards the door.

George: Try not to worry… I’ll call you soon.

George leaves the gym, Owen once again left alone with his thoughts. After just a month ago things going entirely to plan, everything had started to unravel over the past couple of weeks. He needed to stop this, and he needed to stop it fast, or all his dreams were going to be shattered by nothing more than a grudge. He pulls out his mobile and dials a number, waiting for someone to answer.

Owen: Finch… I need you to fetch Chloe and come in. Sorry, I know, but it’s urgent. Cheers, see you later.

Owen doesn’t elaborate any further and hangs up the phone, the deepest sigh summing up his current thoughts.
+++ New York – 29th December 2022 +++

Having spoken with Finch and Chloe, Owen had to admit he felt a little more at ease with the situation. Even if they couldn’t get the building next door, and it was razed to the ground and turned into a car park just to spite them, it didn’t stop them from expanding away from New York. It was a shame, no question about that, but if there was no way of appealing the decision, then stopping the Memorial from being demolished had to be Owen’s priority. With that all sorted, Reed had come in, and Finch had filmed his very first promo, shot for the End of Year Special that was only a couple of days away, and that had lightened Owen’s mood still further, and made him recognize the good that he was doing. The building next door meant he wouldn’t have the opportunity to do twice as much good, but there were still people he could, and would help regardless. That is, unless Eric Morris took it one step further and got Level Up shut down… which was looking more and more like it was in his power. With Finch having gone home, promising to watch both Owen and Reed and pay per view, it was just Reed and Owen at the gym, the two of them flying to Toronto in just a few hours.

Owen: So, you got your passport sorted yeah?

Reed: Yes, stop fretting, I’m ready. And anyway, I’d say that my passport is the least of my worries considering I’m about to step into the lion’s den.

Owen: You’ll be fine. Just do the best you can… your promo was awesome.

Reed: You wrote it, I only had to read it

Owen: Exactly, like I said. Awesome.

Reed laughs, Owen laughing too… it seemed like it had been a while.

Reed: So, what’s going on with you? You seem a little tense, and I know it’s not just the World Championship match.

Owen: Lot going on bro, but nothing you should concern yourself with. Just concentrate on the Battle Royal and let me deal with the rest.

Reed: I think I can do that.

Owen: Honestly Reed, I sometimes wish I’d stuck to just being a competitor and left everything else to others.

Reed: Don’t believe you, you’d only be bored.

Owen: You’re probably right.

The two of them are interrupted by the door opening, Owen turning to see who it is, his eyes widening as he see’s Eric Morris walking towards him. Of course, he isn’t alone, why would he be after what happened last time, and he walks directly towards Owen.

Reed: You want me to stay?

Owen: Nah, I got this. Just remind me to lock doors in future.

Reed: Yeah… might be a good idea to keep out the undesirables.

Reed says that just loud enough for Eric to hear, but it doesn’t change his smug nature one bit.

Owen: Can I help you?

Eric: Ah, very civil Owen. If only you’d had taken that tact a few days ago.

Owen: What do you want?

Eric: I’m here to help.

Owen: I doubt that very much.

Eric: How cynical for someone so young. You must have had some real hardships in your life to react this way towards someone who only wants to assist. Especially in your current predicaments.

Owen: And how do you know about those I wonder?

Eric pulls over a chair and sits on it, his hired help standing either side of him, keeping an eye on Owen should he react.

Eric: I’m sure you have come to the realization that I am quite a powerful man in this city. And more importantly, if I want something to happen, then it surely happens.

Owen: I’m kind of getting that idea yes.

Eric: Good, then by the same token, I’m sure you would like to know that I can make certain ‘situations’ go away.

Owen: And which of my ‘situations’ are we talking about?

Eric: Both of course.

Owen: So, are you admitting that the planning permission being revoked, was you?

Eric: Come now Owen, I’m sure by now you’ve realized that I’m far from stupid. You got someone listening around the corner I’m guessing?

Owen: No, it’s just you and me

Eric: Like I said… I can make things go away. IF, you do something for me.

Owen: OK, I’m listening.

Owen wasn’t sure what he was going to do, but if this ‘could’ go away, he had to listen to what Eric was suggesting. He owed it to do many people, especially Shaun who stood to lose the most.

Eric: Good… starting to show a modicum of intelligence at last.

Once again, he wears the look of a man who knows he has control.

Eric: So, I have it in my power to ensure that the decision on next door is reversed and given the go ahead for your little expansion. I will even renege my rights to the land that you built on without my permission, and hand over the deeds to either you, or your uncle, whomever you decide. A couple of phone calls in the morning, and it will be done.

Owen: That easy huh?

Eric: That easy

Owen: And what do I have to do?

Eric: Well, that’s simple too. All you must do is fire Jason King from his position here.

Owen: I can’t do that…

Eric: Then we have nothing more to talk about.

Eric gets to his feet and motions for his goons to follow, Owen shouting back after him.

Owen: Wait… Jason’s a friend, Willow as well. They have done a lot for this place.

Eric: Perhaps so Owen, but Jason laid his hands on me, not you. So, it is only right that he is the one that is punished. You do this, and everything else will just be a bad memory. You don’t, and you become just as culpable as him.

Owen stands there, stunned by the suggestion.

Eric: I know it’s a lot to think about, so I’ll give you a few days to think about it. Don’t keep me waiting too long though Owen, because if you think things are bad now, I can make them much, MUCH worse.

Eric motions for his guys to head towards the door, before pausing to turn back to Owen.

Eric: You’re a decent kid Owen, don’t let his temper drag you down with him. Oh, and good luck in Toronto. Landon watches Supreme Championship Wrestling all the time and you know what… I reckon I might tune in. In fact, I wonder if they are looking for an investor?

He smirks again, before turning on his heels, leaving Owen speechless. As the door closes, Owen immediately heads to the door and locks it, making sure he doesn’t get another visit. He’s been given an option, but he couldn’t throw Jason to the wolves for his own sake… could he?

Scene fades.

+++ Boston – 4th January 2023 +++

Owen sits in his hotel room in Boston, ahead of the conclusion of the Trios Tournament which was taking place this week. It had been mooted to take place at the upcoming PPV, but that had changed, something that Owen was glad off, considering that it may have meant him defending the World Championship AND trying to win the Trios Tournament in one night. It might not have been a problem had New years Eve gone South, but now with a title defense in his back pocket, Owen had found himself glad of the change… and the opportunity to have a ‘Plan B’ available such someone relinquish him of the World Championship down the line. With a camera set up and ready to record, Owen presses the remote and starts filming, with a now well-known nod of acknowledgment to kick it off.

“I don’t think I have to elaborate again just how important New Years Eve was to me, the World title defense against the Hairless Penguin at the End of Year Special my primary focuses the moment that he was voted for by the fans. I’ve spoken so much about redemption and achieving that, and it was almost as important to me to be able to walk into Toronto and defend that Championship, than it was winning it in the first place. My first title reign, ended by Sienna Swann in the Elimination Chamber, had left a real bitter taste in my mouth for what had seemed like an eternity. I couldn’t work so hard to once again claim that mountain, only to fail at the first hurdle and slide back down that slippery slope. I knew Penguin would be one heck of a competitor. I knew that the two of us would put on a show of fast paced, high-energy wrestling that would leave the fans salivating for more. What I didn’t allow for, was the outside interference of someone who would have done better to let Penguin do his thing, rather than get involved in something that wasn’t her business. Lexy Chapel COULD have shattered my dreams all by herself, but thankfully she couldn’t get it done. And even more crucially, I thank the SCW Board for doing the right thing and restarting the match when I had obviously placed my foot on the ropes. To lose the title in that way would have been heartbreaking, and I’m relieved that I could get through it, even with all that going on. No Shaun making decisions to help me out. No ignorance to the flagrant rule breaking of someone who doesn’t deserve her place in this company. What happened, how things ended, it was the right outcome, but I don’t place any blame on Penguin, and I thank you bro for one heck of a match. I place it firmly on the shoulders of Lexy Chapel, who couldn’t just let her ‘client’ do his thing. SHE didn’t have faith in him to get it done by himself. It seems I had more faith in the Hairless Penguin that she did.”

Owen shrugs his shoulders; it didn’t matter now. The right result had transpired, regardless of her actions. It was now time to start looking forwards.

“What New Years Eve did show however, was how quickly this could all be over. And how title reigns are held together by the thinnest of strings. I could lose the title at my next defense, or the one after that and be thrown to the bottom of the pile. Adam Allocco lost the title and was then told he couldn’t compete for it till Xander was no longer Champion. Selena held the title for what, seven months. And she hasn’t been anywhere near since. In comparison to the United States title, where apparently ‘someone’ is worth a rematch immediately, even though he severely messed up, it seems that the moment you lose the World title, you are immediately cast to the wastelands, left to scratch and fight your way back regardless of circumstance, or situation. Thus, it is vitally important to have an insurance policy up your sleeve. Enter the Trios Contract. Now, don’t get me wrong… I’ve beaten Xander Valentine, I’ve defeated Adam Allocco, one on one or not. No matter how much Josh Hudson goes on Twitter, or states in promo ‘he made me tap’, he knows full well that but for that thinnest of strings, he would have been the one tapping out, that’s why he makes such a big deal of it every single time he speaks. Yes, one New Years Eve, Lexy Chapel WAS found out, but it wouldn’t have been any great surprise if she had gotten away with it, we’ve seen it a million times before. Winning the Trios Tournament with Nicole and Ravyn, putting our differences aside for the greater good. It’s critical in ensuring that if ever I’m not bested by an individual’s talent alone, and someone comes along and uses anything BUT ability to get it done… I’m sure you know who I’m talking about. It would be amazing to know that no matter how much rematch clauses are a thing of the past, I would have something just as useful by winning the whole damn show on Thursday night. One on one I believe I can beat anyone, and yes Josh, I include you in that equation no matter what happened at Rise to Greatness. Unfortunately, some, and you know who you are, don’t have the morality that I possess, and will quite openly cheat to get what they want. Penguins’ promo was funny, as they referred to a person I once was. But like many, it showed in glorious technicolor, that he, and Lexi Corp, didn’t have the first clue who I am. NOW. Unfortunately, there are many just like Lexi Corp, that continue with their ignorance.”

Owen picks up the camera and holds it as he slumps back into the sofa and changes position, placing the camera on the sofa arm.

“But I’m not a fool, far from it. I’m not going to be like some and claim that the importance of my victory and my desire will carry me on to certain success. I look around the eleven individuals still in this competition and every one of them can claim it is important for them to win too, some arguably even more so than myself. For some, it’s to right the wrongs of the past. For others, it’s to jump to the front of whichever queue they wish and claim what they believe is their right. And there are those that might put together a match that was weird in it’s making, and yet could have massive permutations for the World Championship going forwards. In essence, every single team will be singing the same tune, promising to be ‘one’ for one night, and show unity not seen for every other day in the year. But you won’t get that from me, it’s stupidity on another level. You can ‘hope’ for that unity, but you sure as hell can’t promise it. You only have to look at our team for evidence enough. Don’t get me wrong, night one, we put on quite the show, but it all went well. Could we do the same if our backs were against the wall? It’s blatantly obvious that Ravyn hates me, and probably always will. Am can I be stupid enough to believe that Ravyn will put our team before Syren? You can’t. All you can do is hope that whatever each team has, will be enough. I’ve seen these other teams showing these public displays of affection, and acting like the Waltons, and there can’t be anyone who is buying it surely. Knowing that amongst those teams are people that have proven themselves untrustworthy, and how the default setting of many in this company is to put themselves above anyone else. It’s not defeatist, it’s being a realist. Randomly selected teams always bring about this dynamic, and that’s what makes the Trios Tournament so intriguing and how it always brings in the viewing figures. It’s chaos, and that is why it is a regular fixture on our calendar. It puts people out of their comfort zones, or at least it should. Those that accept that chaos are ultimately the ones who succeed.

And so, with so many moving parts, all you can do is hold on the best you can, praying that you don’t lose your grip on what is one of the biggest rollercoasters in the wrestling industry today. You cannot worry about how Syren would love to drive a knife into the heart of the Cruze family, or if Bree Lancaster has forgotten that I tried to permanently put her on the shelf… of course she hasn’t by the way. I can’t worry that laying in wait for us should we get past Sarah, Syren and Bree is potentially Kim Williams who no doubt wants to gut me, Adam Allocco who hates the Cruze family more than Syren, or Glory Braddock who has somehow placed me in the same melting pot as my uncle, proving herself the spiteful, chameleon of SCW just like I said she was six months ago. And who can forget, that just around the corner could be my good friend Josh Hudson, who with every passing day it becomes clear that making me tap out wasn’t enough, and that he won’t stop bleating until he has my career. And why? Because I had psychological problems and walked away from a business that had broken me. Walked away… something that he has done COUNTLESS times before. Josh Hudson Ladies and Gentlemen… the world’s biggest hypocrite.

And do you know why I won’t let it worry me?

Because for all their statements and PDA’s, I know the truth that they constantly attempt to deny. I know that Kimberley Williams will never play well with others, The One is one of the most arrogant individuals on the planet, clues in the name, and Adam Allocco is so consumed by hatred he cannot see the wood for the trees. I know that Chance Owens is the poor meat in the sandwich that is Glory Braddock and Josh Hudson who most definitely still have just as much axe to grind with each other as I do with either of them. I rent more space in their heads than they do mine, that’s for sure. I sit here waiting for that moment when Syren and Bree Lancaster remember their history, and what they have done to each other in the past and wonder why poor Sarah Wolfe is so obviously oblivious to what is happening right in front of her eyes. Can anyone really be that naïve? You know what I hope… I hope that one of the other teams throws away childish things and tells it how it is. I hope they tell a story where any ‘friendship’ is a fallacy, and that the team that prevails will be the one that best managed to hold it all together, despite the obvious fractures. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn’t. Maybe I win a Trios with Ravyn and Nicole, the first time I will have been successful in this tournament, or maybe this is where it all comes to an end, and those contracts are destined for elsewhere, and the successful team will all come looking for the World Championship, challenging me, if I’m still lucky enough to hold it…”

Owen pauses, a smile forming on his face. For him, this was all a pleasure, a release from what was going on in his personal life. Either way, win or lose, he would walk away with the World Championship in his possession, but with maybe a few more challengers to that title, contract poised and ready. Either way, Breakdown promised to be one heck of a show, and the perfect way to kick of the calendar year for the company.

“All I can do, is focus on the one thing I do have total control over. Not what Ravyn is going to do, or even Nicole. Constantly worrying that they will stab me in the back and throw away the need for the ‘greater good’. Or who does or doesn’t want my head on a silver platter, in this semi-final, or indeed the final. All I can do, is what I have done for the last twelve months. Mending my damaged reputation, persuading people to once again have faith in me, whilst doing the very best I can to be one of the top talents in this industry.

And do you know what I reckon?

I’d say that is precisely what I am doing, every single time I step into the ring. Giving my all, for a company that made me, broke me and then rebuilt me from top to bottom into the person I am today. I’m not unbeatable. I can be stopped, and the same goes for our team. But I promise all the teams left in this competition, if we remain on point, and stay true to one thing, winning., whilst ignoring everything else, we will take some stopping.

The winners of Trios will have earned it. Whichever team stands victorious will deserve the plaudits, and the opportunities those contracts will give them.

And I’m going to do everything I can to ensure that team, is ours. I can only hope my team, feels the same.”

Owen salutes the camera, before ending the recording which cuts to black.