Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Kim Williams, The One & Adam Allocco vs. Glory Braddock, Chance Owens & Josh Hudson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trios Tournament Semifinals & Finals

2 RP Limit per match

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, January 4, 2023
{Meanwhile... Still In Present Day...}

One match down.

That was my mentality.  The Trios Tournament, something I had never even fathomed being a part of, was underway, and with the "Strange Bedfellows" that I was put alongside, we had won our first match.  It was a strange situation for me.  For the first time in my professional wrestling career, I had really been put in a position where I had to trust and rely on someone else to have my back.  Before, I had always walked in with the mentality of, "it's me against the world."  This was a moment that I couldn't do that.  I couldn't be selfish.  I couldn't have my own passions be front and center because, if I was dumb enough to do that, the odds of us all failing, and in turn, me failing, were exponentially greater.

So I had to bite my lip, look these two people in the face, and believe that they would actually have my back as much as I would have theirs.

It wasn't easy.  Up until this point, there had been one person, one woman, one mentor, in the life of The One.  There had been NOBODY that I would have trusted my back to not being stabbed by.  But these two, both I had shared the field of battle with, and both had their own aspirations that didn't involve fucking me over.  Instead, for one at least, one of them had a message that sounded eerily familiar and was one I could relate to on many levels.  So after being confronted, I decided that it was worth the risk, for one moment.

One moment... What's the worst?  They stab me in the back, and feel my wrath?

That's when I realized the ramifications were on them.  Not me.  If I did my job, and they failed at theirs, they would, in turn, face me in a way that they never wished to.  But if they succeeded, maybe, just maybe, the idea of being someone's "Strange Bedfellow" when the old adage of, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," comes into play.

And thankfully, I was right...

Thankfully my gut didn't lead me astray...

These two, no matter how different they are from me, no matter how much their paths don't intersect with mine, we were able to coexist for one night.  And that was just the beginning, hopefully.  Because one night was all it was.  It was one moment where we did what we needed to in order to get another opportunity to advance and get the ultimate goal.  Because that night wasn't the end all be all.  We had work to do.  We had more to come.  And we would have to put our differences aside again, this time for the final push, and it would be something that couldn't be just on the shoulders of the outlier, The One, but on the shoulders of the legend and the lunatic as well.  It was going to have to be the idea of "politics making 'Strange Bedfellows'" TWICE again, if there was to be a prize at the end of the road...
[/i][/color]

After the first match of the Trios had concluded, there was a sense of joy among the winners, while the obvious disappointment of not making it to the next round clouded the minds of those who came up short.  The apparent jubilee even extended to those who have always been viewed as more of the "serious" nature, in those who have labeled themselves this year's "Strange Bedfellows" of the Trios Tournament.

After their main event victory, the trio of Adam Allocco, Kimberly Williams, and The One converged on the locker room they were designated together, to share as a team.  Allocco and Williams were the first to get past the training and medical staff, and make it back, while The One was checked over.  Upon entering, Kimberly's excitement is something that is impossible to contain.

Kimberly Williams ER... MAH... GHERD!

Adam is a bit confused.

Adam Allocco Excuse me?

Kimberly Williams Didn't you see that out there?  We WON!  EEEEEEE!

Allocco smirks and shakes his head at the over the top excitement.

Adam Allocco Yeah... We did... Honestly I'm kind of surprised, if I am to be honest...

Kimberly Williams SURPRISED?!  Why is my Adam surprised?!?!

Adam Allocco Your Adam?

Kimberly Williams OF COURSE!  Now why are you surprised?!

Adam Allocco To be honest, I didn't know what to expect with The One.  I didn't know where her head would really be at...

Kimberly Williams Adam, sweetie, I told you!!!  I took care of it, and she was all there, and you doubted me?!

Adam Allocco She hasn't really proven herself to be the most trustworthy.

Kimberly Williams Ugh!  Well I guess that tells you that you get to trust me now, doesn't it?  And trust me in ALL ways!!

Adam Allocco I wouldn't go that far...

Kimberly Williams I would hehe, and I plan on it!

Adam Allocco I don't know whether to be excited or terrified...

Kimberly Williams Good!  Then I've done my job hehehe!

As the two joke around, the door slowly opens and The One walks in with some ice given to her by the training staff.  She simply nods at her teammates and walks towards her bag and belongings, before sitting down behind them.

Kimberly Williams Aww sweetie, feeling a little sore?

The One just lifts her eyes, and shakes her head.

Kimberly Williams Aww c'mon!  It's a fun time!  You have to be able to have some fun, especially now that we've won!  We've done it!

The One looks up and just stares at Kim, confused.  Kim puts her fingers on the edges of the corners of her mouth and smiles.  She tilts her head back and forth, hinting that The One should be joining into the celebration.  The One isn't having any of it.

The One You're kidding me, right?

Even Adam is a bit confused.

Adam Allocco About what?  She's not really lying, she's just... Eccentric...

Kimberly Williams What a fun word!  I call it, JOVIAL!  And yes, where is the lie?

The One scowls.

Kimberly Williams Oh now that is a sourpuss face if I ever saw one.  Sore winner?  You can't be a sore winner with us "strange bedfellows," as you called us!

The One stands back up.

The One You're joking... Both of you... You're both acting like this is all said and done with, and you know better, right?

Adam Allocco Well, we did win...

Kimberly Williams Where's the lie our singular friend?!

The One rips the ice pack off and throws it to the ground, and storms toward Kimberly, but is quickly cut off with Adam jumping in the way, trying to diffuse the situation, and stop The One from doing anything she's regret.  The One smiles.

The One Thank you for the predictable masculinity, Adam, because I want to make sure you both hear me, and now you both are right in front of me.

Adam just stares The One down, and both he and Kim are confused.

The One You both really think that this whole thing is over?  You two actually think it's time to celebrate?  You two did this whole rah rah speech to me, telling me what this TOURNAMENT was about, and now, after ONE FUCKING MATCH, you're wanting to act like it's all over and we've won everything?

Really?

Kim goes to talk, but The One shuts her down.

The One You... ESPECIALLY YOU... Shut up...

Now answer me this, since you two are the ones who are wanting me to believe this new, cohesive, unity, bullshit.  What have we won?  What have we earned?  You two, especially YOU Kim, got in my face and told me that the END RESULT was an opportunity for The One to begin to do exactly what she has wanted to do.  YOU were the one who acted all hard, instead of this fake-ass persona you put on for everyone, to make me realize that I could stop all of the elitists in SCW with a golden ticket.  Where well is that ticket?  It's not in my hand.  Is it in any of yours, yet?  Did you hide mine from me?

The One walks around both people, acting like she's looking behind their back.

The One Oh holy shit the answer is NO!

Adam Allocco Ok you don't have to be a complete bitch, here...

The One Adam, shut up... This is my talking time.  Why?  Because I got brought into this tandem with a belief we were on the same page.  I believed that we all knew what the endgame was.  I believed that you, and especially you, Kim, "got it."  But apparently I'm wrong because you're celebrating tonight.  Tonight, it means nothing.  Tonight, it's just another Breakdown.  This wasn't the one-night only, Trios Tournament.  This was just the first round.  This was just the first match.  You don't get anything for this win.  You don't get anything for winning on night one.  You still have two matches to go.

I mean, c'mon Adam, don't you know this, of all people?  You've been here forever!

Adam begins to get upset with being talked down to by a rookie, like The One.

The One ... And Kim, you were the one up in my face acting all hard, like you were the one who was charged with making sure I was "in line" with everyone, and realized what the "end game" was.  But the real question is, do either of you realize the end game?  You saw there are four other teams, any of which could derail what you, Kim, said would be the ultimate moment for me, and honestly each of us, in our own right.

But we're here celebrating tonight?

We're celebrating something that, if we don't win out, is MEANINGLESS?!

Adam steps forward, toward The One.

Adam Allocco We get it, ok?!  We aren't fucking stupid, so I would suggest you quit treating Kim and I like we are.  Remember who the rookie is, here...

The One steps back and holds her hands up.

The One Oh... Forgive me.  Forgive me for seeing a bigger picture than the legendary Adam Allocco, and whatever Kimberly Williams is.  Forgive me for not just being all team player-y and acting like tonight was our Super Bowl.  Forgive me for wanting to be sure that we did exactly what THAT BITCH, Adam, told me was the endgame, and winning this WHOLE FUCKING TOURNAMENT.  I'm sorry I'm not being a cheerleader for tonight.  I'm sorry tonight means nothing to me.  I'm sorry tonight is just step one.  But I would hope it would be the same to a guy like you, Adam, who has accomplished so much in SCW, would realize that this isn't worth celebrating...

Now, yeah... We came together.  Yeah, we figured out a way to put differences, pasts, et cetera behind, to fight for a common good.  But the problem is, we still have two rounds to go, like I said.  I want to be cheerful.  I want to be proud of what we could figure out how to somehow achieve.  But I'm not going to placate one another and act like we've already won this thing, because we haven't.  We haven't done SHIT yet.  Adam you have a chance to prove you're not like some of those people who stuck around in SCW for too long.  You have a chance to make Adam Allocco one of the greatest SCW has ever seen over its ENTIRE HISTORY.  And Kimberly, you and this fake-ass, bat-shit, persona you walk around with, you have your chance to do what you told me really lies beneath that skin.  You could do, like me, and take people out who are the fucking scourge of this place.

But instead we're here, happy we beat someone who nobody will remember, or matter in the long run?  Fuck that... We have bigger fish to fry.  We have bigger opponents to beat.  And they want what we want.  But it's up to ALL OF US to fucking step up and do our part.  You guys wanted me to be a part of this fuckery of a team, then I am going to call you each out on your bullshit.  I am not going to sit around and play games.  I am going to expect the same in return.  I'm going to expect that same level of fucking RESPECT that you're asking of me.  So if you're going to do that, then forget tonight... Pretend it didn't fucking happen... Focus on what's next because next, we have to close the fucking deal.  And if you're going to half-ass it and celebrate a trivial victory, I don't want any part.  But if you're going to be the the legend, if you're going to be the psychopath, and we're going to fuck everyone up who gets in our way, then you can guarant-fucking-tee that The One is going to ensure she has your back, even if it is only for this war...

The One goes and throws her belongings in her bag, without showering or changing, and just zips it up.  She makes a B-line for the door before turning back toward the two.

The One I don't pretend to be predictable... But I'm loyal as fuck... So you respect me, you watch my back, even if it's for a few days, I'll die for you, too... Now make your decision and let me know before we walk out there again...

The One walks out of the locker room, leaving the ice pack melting on the floor and Adam and Kim staring wondering where this fiery personality came from out of their third member.  Adam slowly turns and looks at Kim, who reciprocates with an equally as shocked, yet more serious look than Adam is used to seeing.  Both wonder what to expect when they are forced to go inside the ring for potentially two matches with The One by their side, and wonder if this was a good or bad situation for their trios team to be put in before such a serious and consequential moment.
==========
December 15th, 2022
Houston, Texas
Off Camera
==========

Night has fallen over Houston, Texas. Breakdown has come to its conclusion and we now know the semi-finals of The Trios Tournament will include the unlikely trio of Adam Allocco, The One, and the SCW Underground Champion, HKW Bloodlust Champion, ‘Datura Invented’ Unsanctioned Champion Kimberly Williams. Immediately following their quarter final victory over Juneau McFrosty, Oktoberfest, and Alexis Quinne, the self-proclaimed Queen of the Death Match was overjoyed and overcome with jubilation. She didn’t want to admit it, but even she had her doubts about whether or not this strange trio could pull it off, come together, and become a real team. Yet on this night they were victorious. Even Adam Allocco seemed to feel much the same jubilation and joy that The Woman Scorned was feeling.

Unfortunately one third of the trios team did not share that sentiment. The One seemed irate, maybe even offended by the sight of her teammates celebrating the victory tonight in the Trios Tournament Quarter Finals. Everything seemed to go downhill from there. What started out as a joyous, victorious night quickly became a night of more doubt and more second guessing as The One verbally berated and ripped into both Allocco and Williams for what she perceived as not taking this tournament seriously.

The Woman Scorned may be a little deranged, very eccentric, and possibly even crazy, but deep down underneath that layer of wacky eccentricity lies a human being with real emotions. And these words from The One hurt. It is difficult to understand why the words hurt, why they stung so sharply into the soul of the self-proclaimed Queen of the Death Match. After all, she has heard these accusations her entire career. Wrestling analysts and so-called “experts” have always questioned Kimberly’s dedication and commitment to professional wrestling. She has been called a clown who takes nothing serious. So these words from The One directed at her and Adam are nothing new. Yet for some reason this has stung and has hurt more than the other previous accusations. And with the seeds of dissension potentially sowed amongst the ranks, their quest for Trios glory is now in doubt. The unity and bond Kim has tried to forge has come into question. What will The Woman Scorned do?

She does what any mentally unstable ginger would do; she has been stalking one of her tag team partners all night long. Not The One, not the person who sowed those seeds of discontent. Instead the Queen of the Death Match has chosen to stalk Adam Allocco from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. She has been following him closely, but far enough away so that the former SCW World Champion would not detect her presence. The eccentric ginger stands amongst tall bushes on the perimeter of a nice hotel where Kim surmises that Adam is staying. Williams is wearing torn denim jeans, boots, and a t-shirt which reads “Oktoberfest” on the front. She has binoculars that she is using to spy on the guests coming and going.

“Lemme see, that one has boobs…definitely not CoCo.” Kim says, using the nickname she gave to Adam. She turns her binoculars over to gaze at an elderly man walking his French poodle. “No, not Adam either. Although Adam’s butt has a vague resemblance to that pooch’s.” Kim reaches into her pocket and produces a oozey half melted ice cream bar that was still in her pocket and puts it up to her mouth, using it as if it were a recording device. “Captain’s Log Stardate 8675319. I, Kimlock Holmes of the House of the Dragon am on the hunt for CoCo! Unfortunately, CoCo is being very elusive this evening!”

The ooze from the melted ice cream starts to drip on her shirt. She furrows her brow as she stares at the ice cream bar. She shrugs and then takes a bite of it, wrapper and all. A grin forms on her face. “But this really is a very delicious recording device!” Kim throws the ice cream bar/recording device to the side. She puts her eyes back on the binoculars and stares back through the bushes, hoping to get a sight of her prey. A smile creeps across her face as she sees three SCW fans, obviously back from Breakdown as they are clad in SCW Apparel. One is wearing a plain SCW t-shirt. Another has an “Asher” t-shirt. But then the third one gets her upset. Her eyes grow wide…

“Shaun Cruze?! What idiot would be a fan of Shaun Cruiserweight?!” Kim sighs deeply but quickly composes herself. “Shut up, Kimlock! I gotta stay on task!” She looks back through the binoculars. A moment later and finally she spots her target; Adam Allocco is making his way through the parking lot and towards the entrance of the hotel. “Ha! I got you now, you no good scoundrel! Kimlock Holmes will…” she drops the binoculars and turns around only to bump right into an unexpected and quite honestly unwelcome visitor…

…her mother, Angelica Jones.

“Will what?”

“Huh?”

“What were you planning to do…Kimlock Holmes?” Angelica says as she folds her arms over her chest and stares critically at her daughter. Kimberly tries her best, but fails miserably, to look innocent.

“Uh, I’m gonna melt him in acid?”

“I somewhat doubt that.” Angelica remarks. “Melting your trios partner in acid would not help your team’s chances of winning the whole tournament. You DO want to win this tournament, don’t you?”

“Of course I do!” Kim says angrily. “Don’t you go get all critical and doubting on me too!”

“Then what was your plan?” Angelica asks curiously. “What is the purpose of all this, this whole stalking bit?”

“You want the truth?”

“Yes.”

“You can’t handle the truth!” Kim exclaims in her best impersonation of Jack Nicholson. Angelica rolls her eyes. The mother then takes her daughter by the hand and guides her over to a nearby black iron bench. Angelica motions for Kim to sit down. No words are exchanged but Kim gets the message. The Woman Scorned reluctantly sits down. Angelica then follows suit.

“So tell me. What’s the point in all of this?”

“Look, me, CoCo, and Onesie may have won tonight, but I need to make damn sure that we are all still on the same page! We got a tough semi-final draw coming up against Glory, Huson, and that new kid Chance. So I’m going to have a nice little heart to hear with Adam.”

“Oh is that all?” Angelica asks. She sighs with a sense of relief that this is all her deranged daughter had planned. “You’re just going to Adam’s hotel room to talk?”

“No, silly.” Kim grins from ear to ear. “I’m gonna kidnap him! Then I’m gonna find Onesie and kidnap her too! Then whilst they’re good, restrained, and drugged up we’ll have a nice heart to heart!” Kim shrugs her shoulders. “Ok, so I’ll do most of the talking because they’ll be doped up, but still!”

“Oh for God’s sake, Kim!” Angelica places her head in her hand and sighs out of frustration. “Is that really necessary?”

“Of course it is! Good teamwork means we have to talk things out!”

“Talking is fine. But kidnapping people isn’t.”

“Well someone has to do something to salvage this team and it may as well be me!” Kim is now growing a little frustrated and impatient herself. “I mean, obviously I did something wrong the last time I tried to bring this team together.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Haven’t you heard? Onesie doesn’t believe me or CoCo takes this tournament seriously.”

“Oh that…” Angelica’s voice trails off. She nods her head. Looking into her daughter’s eyes tells Angelica that Kimberly is truly hurt by what happened post-Breakdown. “...yeah, I overheard what The One said to you and Adam. Is that why you’re doing all of this nonsense? Are you just overreacting to what The One said to you?”

Angelica continues to gaze deep into her daughter’s eyes looking for clues to indicate how her daughter is feeling at this present moment. But Kim puts up her guard again. One thing Kim does have is a good poker face. The Woman Scorned shakes her head in defiance.

“No, I’m fine.” Kim insists. “I just want to have a talk with my friend CoCo.”

“You said you wanted to kidnap him.”

“Kidnap. Talk. What’s the difference?”

“There’s a big difference in the eyes of the law, Kim.” Angelica points out. “And I thought you were done kidnapping people after the fiasco involving Penguin, Dawn, Cookie, and…”

“Shows what you know!” Kim says grinning from ear to ear. Angelica sighs deeply out of frustration. She places a hand on her daughter’s shoulder.

“Kim, tell me what’s wrong. Seriously this time.”

“Nothing is wrong! It’s just…” Kim’s head is guided by Angelica’s hand so that she is forced to stare into her mother’s eyes. Kim is quickly disarmed and finally relents, nodding her head. “...alright, fine. Some of what Onesie said did kinda, sorta…get to me.”

“What do you mean?”

“It made me doubt myself!” She exclaims. “Ok, there I said it! Happy now?!” Kim sighs. “I only wanted to bring the team together. Y’know? I wanted to put us all on the same page to give us a real chance at winning the Trios Tournament. But now I’m worried that my typical crazy, chaotic self just tore the team apart.”

It is rare to hear Kimberly open up like this and be this serious about anything. Even Angelica is surprised to see this side of her daughter. Jones wraps a comforting arm around her daughter’s shoulders and hugs her tight.

“Well, you have to admit that by definition chaos tends to cause more rifts than it does unify.”

“See? I screwed up.”

“No you didn’t.” Angelica shakes her head. “For any partnership to work, whether it is this Trios Tournament or a long term partnership, everyone has to be true to themselves.” She pats Kim on the back. “That includes you.”

“I tried my brand of chaos and it didn’t work.”

“Didn’t it?” Angelica shrugs. “I watched you three out there tonight and you operated like a well-oiled machine. Were you perfect? No, of course not, but you were great. I saw the unity. I saw the teamwork. You won your quarter-finals match.”

“But Onesie says that meant nothing.”

“I think what she meant was that it means nothing if you cannot win the final two matches. You need to continue operating as a team, as a cohesive unit, to defeat Glory, Hudson, and Chance. Then to defeat one more team in the finals in order to get those contracts. In that sense she’s right, if you don’t win it all then tonight’s win means nothing. But what you did to bring this team together, it was brilliant. You convinced The One to have yours and Adam’s back.” She pats Kim on the chest. “That was all you. You and your chaotic craziness did that.”

“I suppose I did…” Kim’s voice trails off. Angelica nods her head.

“That’s right. You did that, Kim, and you cannot and should not change who you are at the core of your being just to suit someone else in this team. The same goes for Adam and The One. Three individuals coming together into one entity…”

“Like Voltron!” Kim says clapping her hands together happily. Angelica grins.

“Yeah, like Voltron.”

“I think I can dig that.”

“Good. I’m glad I could help. Because seriously, this whole kidnapping plan wasn’t going to cut it.”

“But I thought you said to stay true to who I am?” Kim says pouting.

“Kidnapping is the lone exception.”

“Fine.” Kim says as she sticks her tongue out at Angelica. Kim stands up and starts to walk away but Angelica rises up as well and places a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

“Wait.”

“Huh?”

“I just have one more thing to ask you, Kim, and I want you to answer honestly. Truthfully. Understand?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Trios is a HUGE opportunity for you. I never won a Trios. Your cousin Glory, who happens to be one of your opponents in the semi-finals, has won it twice. She knows how important Trios is, what it could mean for your career. So tell me, do you take this seriously like you claim?”

“Do I take this seriously?” Kim repeats. She smirks. “Of course I take this seriously. People get the impression that I don’t take anything serious. That’s my fault. Some of it is on purpose, some of it is just happenstance. At the end of the day I don’t care what others think of me. What I do care about is what I think of myself. I am proud of what I do in that ring, mom. I am proud of what I have done for the Underground division as its champion. I am looking forward to finally winning my first ever world championship. And I will win that Trios Tournament with CoCo and Onesie. I promise you, mom, we will win it.”

“Good.” Angelica grins from ear to ear. “That’s all I wanted to know. Now go, and promise me you won’t kidnap Adam.”

“I promise not to kidnap Adam!” Kim says. What Angelica doesn’t see is that her daughter’s fingers are crossed behind her back.
==========
December 28th, 2022
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Up until a few days ago everything had been going very smooth for Glory Braddock. Her career was blossoming yet again as The British Bombshell was MWE World Champion and she had recently advanced to the semi-finals of the SCW Trios Tournament alongside her randomly assigned tag team partners Josh Hudson and Chance Owens. Even her personal life had improved; she had overcome the painful sorrow of losing her mother by choosing instead to embrace what most would consider insanity. Yet what most would call insanity, Glory Braddock calls it a beautiful fantasy that acts as a numbing agent, to numb the painful and sorrowful losses she has endured in recent years. Instead of dwelling on the death of her mother, she simply returned to the arms of her eccentric mentor, Aphrodite Noel. Glory had once rejected Aphrodite’s advanced when she wanted Glory for a daughter. Doing so would have proven dangerous to Glory’s standing within her company, a company that greatly distrusted Noel. But Glory wanted something to ease the pain more than anything else. If she can live out a life as Aphrodite’s daughter, if she can convince herself that this fantasy is true, then perhaps her pain will be over. And a life without pain or sorrow is more important to Glory than her company.

Now a new threat to her position of power in the corporate empire she has built looms threateningly ahead; but this comes not from her newfound relationship with Aphrodite Noel. That still a remains a secret to the general public and to her corporate board of directors. The new threat to Braddock’s power and position comes from a prominent member of the Board of Directors; a man named Floyd Ryan. Glory Braddock heard from Floyd himself that there is a plot to overthrow The British Bombshell, to remove her from power within her own company. Ordinarily Glory would have ignored such rumors as just that; rumor. But Floyd is one of the few Board members that has always remained loyal to Braddock. Why would he lie to her? Plus, there is the fact that it has happened before.

When Braddock first involved herself with Aphrodite, when she first allowed Aphrodite to mentor her, the Board of Directors, under the guidance of Henry Van Stanton, moved to remove her from power due to the fact that they believed Aphrodite was too big an influence in Glory’s life. Braddock had to distance herself from Aphrodite just to regain power. This talk of another hostile takeover has Glory’s paranoia and PTSD returning with a vengeance. Did members of the board learn about Glory’s renewed relationship with Aphrodite and are now using that as an excuse to remove her from power? It would make sense and they have the perfect time to do it, especially since a member of the founding family, the Alan family, is a minority shareholder of the company. That individual is another player in this corporate game of thrones and her name is Aurora Alan.

It is Floyd’s belief that board members are plotting to try and remove Glory from power and make Aurora Alan the one singular person in charge of the company, much like how they removed her in the past and put Henry Van Stanton in charge. All of this makes sense to Glory’s paranoid mind. It makes sense that they corrupt schemers within her company would plot against her. But something about Floyd Ryan doesn’t feel right to her. The mere fact that he has sent his niece, Jamie Ryan, to seemingly be the messenger between herself and Floyd is problematic enough as it is. Then Aurora Alan herself, who Glory believes to be an honest businesswoman despite her brother’s own bad reputation, recently informed Glory that Floyd and his niece Jamie have connections to organized crime.

Now Glory is faced with a dilemma. She is convinced someone is plotting against her, but who? Is it Aurora Alan or is it Floyd Ryan? Who is the one laying the trap? In the past, The British Bombshell would have used her own judgment to decide her next move. But she no longer trusts her own judgment. She needs guidance from her mentor…now her mother…Aphrodite Noel.

We open inside the living room of Glory Braddock’s Miami home. Aphrodite is sitting on the plush luxury cream colored sofa. Braddock then enters carrying two glasses of wine. Glory is wearing a mauve blush a-line puff sleeve mini dress and sandals with a low heel. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. Braddock approaches Noel and hands her a glass of wine.

“Thank you, Gloria.” Aphrodite says as she immediately begins sipping on her wine.

“It is the least I could do, mother. Thank you for coming on such short notice. I will have to catch a flight to Toronto today in order to make the SCW End of the Year Show.”

“Yes, you did seem rather insistent that we talk. I would have thought that you would be more concerned about your appearance on that End of the Year Battle Royal? Your MWE World Title defense against Tiff? Or perhaps the remainder of the SCW Trios Tournament?” Aphrodite asks. Glory nods her head before sitting down next to her ‘mother’ and sipping on her own glass of wine.

“All of that is on my mind, mother. But I am not concerned about my wrestling career because I am currently at the top of my game. I am a world champion in MWE and soon I will win the Trios Tournament in SCW to further advance my cause, my career, and give me the power to make any match I want. I will have anything I want and I know I can make it happen. That isn’t what bothers me.”

“Then what troubles you?” Aphrodite asks. Glory takes another sip of her wine before setting the glass down. She sighs.

“When I first set foot into the corporate world, I had people challenging my power on all fronts. They knew I was weak and vulnerable, all because I had no clue how to navigate the cruel and rough waters of the corporate world. Then you came along. You taught me everything I needed to know about how to run a business, how to succeed as a powerful female executive. Your guidance helped me survive those tough challenges to my position of power. Little did I know that the one successful coup against me would come from within my own company.”

“I recall.” Aphrodite nods her head. “Your company did not approve of our…relationship.”

“Correct, and they used that as an excuse to take executive power away from me and just out of spite they handed it to my family’s arch rival Henry Van Stanton.”

“But you have learned so much since then, my daughter.” Aphrodite says, patting Glory on the back. “You staged your own hostile takeover and regained power. You kicked the Van Stanton influence out of your company.” Noel grins. “I was a proud mother.”

“Thank you, mother, but I cannot rest on my laurels. Another threat has risen.”

“Really?” Aphrodite furrows her brow curiously. “Do tell.”

“That’s the problem.” Glory shrugs her shoulders. “I do not know the source of the threat. All I know is that someone somewhere is plotting against me.” Glory has a crazed look on her face. Aphrodite can see this and consoles her with a hug.

“Calm yourself, Gloria. Just calm yourself and tell your mother everything.”

“Very well.” Braddock sighs deeply as she reaches over and takes her wine glass back. She takes a sip to try and calm her nerves. “It began with Floyd Ryan.”

“I remember you mentioning him. He is on your board of directors, isn’t he?” Noel asks. Glory nods her head.

“Yes, he is. He has been a supporter of mine for a long time so when he came to me informing me of a plot by rogue members of the board to overthrow me and replace me just as they did once before when they replaced me with Henry Van Stanton…when I heard all of that, I took the threat very seriously. He and his niece, Jamie Ryan, believe that these board members want to replace me with the minority shareholder, Aurora Alan. And it does make sense because these rogue board members, according to Floyd and Jamie, are all fiercely loyal to Aurora’s family, the same family that originally founded my company.”

“It sounds to me like your problem is Ms. Alan.”

“That’s what I thought. But then I received news from Aurora herself that a member of my board of directors has ties to organized crime. Guess which board member she is referring to?”

“Floyd?”

“Exactly.” Glory sighs deeply. “You see my problem, mother? I am certain that a faction within my own company is plotting against me. I just do not know who is leading this faction…is Aurora the leader, or is Floyd the leader?”

“It does appear that you have quite the dilemma on your hands, my child.” Aphrodite says as she takes another sip of her wine.

“That’s why I need your guidance. I feel that I need to support someone. Do I heed Aurora’s warnings and turn Floyd and his niece Jamie over to the authorities for their ties to organized crime? Or do I go along with Floyd and whatever plan he has concocted hoping that he is sincere about helping me?”

“Aurora Alan…doesn’t she have an older brother and an older sister, Matthew and Jennifer Alan, both of whom have been in trouble with the FBI for white collar crimes? And wasn’t it Matthew himself who first challenged your authority in the company?”

“Yes.” Braddock nods her head. “Matthew has always believed that the company rightfully belongs to him, yet it was his own bad business decisions that nearly bankrupted the company back in 2003. He always hated the fact that it was me who was able to salvage it and save it in 2012. His younger sister Jennifer hasn’t been much better. But Aurora has always struck me as honest and trustworthy. I believe her when she says Floyd has ties to organized crime.”

“That doesn’t mean she isn’t coming after you.” Aphrodite points out. “Hostile takeovers can be done legally, you know?”

“True. But if Floyd does have ties to organized crime, do I want to get involved in that?”

“It wouldn’t be the first time. Didn’t you once have the assistance of one Meagan Collins, who herself was arrested and charged with such crimes?”

“Yes but I had no idea she had those connections. Otherwise I never would have worked with her.”

“Well then, let me ask you this; has Floyd or his niece Jamie ever done anything to make you doubt or question their loyalty to you?”

“Never.” Glory answers emphatically with a shake of her head. “But…”

“But what?”

“...something about this feels off. Call it a gut feeling, call it a hunch, but something about what he’s been doing bothers me.”

“What do you mean?” Noel arches her brow out of curiosity. “What has he done?”

“I know for a fact that Floyd is trying to make a bid for the position of Chairman of the Board. In fact, his niece Jamie has been sending me all of these extravagant gifts. The most recent is this diamond necklace I’m wearing today.”

“Ah, I see.” She gazes at it and smiles. “It does look lovely.”

“I’ve been invited to dinner with the two of them. I’ve been specifically asked to bring no one else.”

“Not even your husband?”

“Not even Kurt.”

“That does sound odd.” Aphrodite admits.

“So what should I do, mother? Should I accept this invitation and play along with their game, whatever it is? Should I side with Aurora and tell her what they’re planning?”

“I see that you do have quite a problem, my child.” Aphrodite finishes the last of her wine and then sets the glass down. “Just remember one of the many lessons I taught you about being a successful businesswoman. Sometimes you have to play politics, dirty politics even. Sometimes you have to make allies with people you dislike or distrust. Just remember that above all else who you are really doing this for?” She holds up one finger. “Number one.”

“Myself.”

“That’s right. At least one of them is lying to you, I’m certain of it. Perhaps both are lying to you? Whatever your next move is, Gloria, make sure that move is what is best for YOU…and you alone. It doesn’t matter what is best for Aurora or Floyd. What matters is what is best for you.”

==========
December 28th, 2022
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

About two hours have passed since Glory Braddock met with her mentor now mother Aphrodite Noel to get advice on how to proceed with the very difficult and challenging situation facing her. The British Bombshell is facing what is most certainly a hostile takeover by a faction within her own company. The only question is who is behind it and who can she trust? She is almost certain minority shareholder Aurora Alan or board member Floyd Ryan is behind it. She just isn’t sure which one. She also does not trust either one of them. Lately, with as paranoid as Braddock has been, she doesn’t feel as if she can really trust anyone, especially not in the cutthroat world of business. Still, it is a certainty that if Glory just sits back and does nothing, something bad will happen. Someone will make a move against her. The British Bombshell knows that she must make a move, she must make a decision and she must make that decision sooner rather than later. Lucky for Braddock, she has the guidance of Aphrodite. Her ‘mother’ did not tell her exactly what to do, but the advice she did receive was sound and it did help her determine what her next move will be. Glory Braddock must make a move that is in her best interest alone. And she knows exactly what to do. She knows what truly is in her best interest when it comes to Aurora Alan and Floyd Ryan.

This is what brings the beautiful blonde out to a small cafe in Miami, Florida. Braddock still needs to catch a flight to Toronto for an SCW event, but this cafe happens to be on her way and she can make a pit stop to talk to none other than Jamie Ryan, Floyd’s niece who happens to still be in Miami after visiting with Glory just a couple of days ago.

Braddock, still dressed in that same outfit from earlier, is approaching a small white table outside on the patio seating area of this cafe. This is the same cafe where Glory met with Jamie back in July. And as she approaches the small white table, she spots Jamie also approaching. The young black haired woman is wearing green shorts, a matching green tanktop, and flip flops. Jamie is sporting a friendly smile as she waves at Glory.

“Hi, Glory! I didn’t expect to see you so soon!”

“I’ll be honest, mate, I didn’t expect you to still be in town.” Glory answers back. “I thought you would have already went back to Charlotte?”

“What can I say? I’m an optimist and I was optimistic that you would come to a decision about my uncle’s invitation. Have you?”

“Perhaps.” Glory won’t say anything more right now. First she motions for Jamie to sit. Jamie sits and then so does Glory. “First, this cannot take long. I have a flight to catch. So order something if you want but I’m having nothing because I won’t be staying.”

“Fair enough.” Jamie says. A server comes by with a pen and notepad. Jamie looks up at her. “Coffee, black. Nothing for my friend here.” The server nods and walks off. “Now then, shall we get down to business? I know you have tons of wrestling commitments to keep. You have that Trios Tournament coming up, don’t ya?”

“Let’s be real, ok Ms. Ryan?” Glory rolls her eyes. “You do not care about me or my wrestling career. All you and your uncle need me for is support. You need my support for his bid to become chairman of the board. Am I right?”

“We do care about you! And I think you care about us too…” Jamie points to Glory’s neck, specifically the diamond necklace Jamie bought “...you’re wearing the gift I bought you, I see!”

“It is beautiful, I have to admit it.”

“Only the best for you. I have always admired you and my uncle has always been a supporter of yours on the board of directors.”

“Then why would he stand by and allow a coup against me?” Glory asks with a hint of anger.

“He was not part of that coup that removed you from power years ago. He was as upset about it as you were. That’s why this time he took initiative. When he heard the talk about another such coup, he wanted to let you know ahead of time so that you could prepare to fight back and keep that injustice from happening.”

“I’m sure he has a brilliant plan already mapped out in his mind to keep it from happening, eh?” Glory smirks. “My only question is, why do I have to go to Charlotte alone to hear about it? Why couldn’t he call me? Why couldn’t he come down here to see me? Obviously he has no problem sending you down here to run his errands.”

“Who knows what his problem is?” Jamie says, laughing lightly and shrugging her shoulders. “My uncle doesn’t tell me everything about his business dealings.”

“So you’re telling me you don’t even know what he wants to say to me?”

“Not a clue.” Jamie shakes her head. “But I do trust my uncle. And I think you do too.”

“Trust?” Glory scoffs. “Shows how little you know about business. You cannot trust anyone in business. Even your closest of friends and allies will stab you in the back for a piece of power. Do I trust your uncle? No. I don’t even trust the people I personally hired to work for me. But I’ll tell you what, Jamie. Your uncle has been steadfastly loyal to me from the very start. Your uncle was opposed to the initial hostile takeover against me. Both of those facts are true. So I will give you the benefit of a doubt.”

“You’ll come to Charlotte? You’ll have dinner with us?”

“Yes.” Braddock nods her head. “But on my time. Your uncle may have dictated the place and the terms, but I will dictate the time.”

“That’s fair.”

“That’s good to know.” Glory stands up. “Because I will call Floyd myself and let him know when I will be there. I will see him when I am damn good and ready. Are we clear, Jamie?”

“Crystal.” Jamie says with a sly wink at Glory, who just rolls her eyes in response. With that Glory Braddock turns and walks away. She doesn’t see the confidence oozing from Jamie Ryan. But Jamie doesn’t see the smirk on Glory’s face, either. The British Bombshell started this day not sure if she was capable of making the right decision. Now she has made a decision and she is certain that it was the right one; a decision in her best interest.
OOC: The CD of this rp is set strictly during Hudson's time in the military.

A History of Violence: Book II: The Mission, Chapter One
December 15th after the match

Chance is sitting in the small locker room the arena assigned him with his eyes closed and a smile on his face. They did it! His team won their first round match in the Trios Tournament!

“Maybe I really am good enough to be here.”

His soliloquy is interrupted before it can really begin by an impatient knocking on the door. Chance grumbles as he gets up to see who's there. The impatient knock is repeated, which has him being remarkably snarky.

“All right already... I'm coming! Don't get your underwear in a knot!”

The man on the other side of the door raises an eyebrow at the comment, but says nothing. His lips, however, do their damnedest to curl up in a smile that he quickly shuts down. He looks around while he's waiting and takes note of a small square of paper on the door that reads “Chance Owens” in black pen.

Chance jerks the door open with a blistering comment on his lips that disappears when he sees who's standing there. “I wasn't expecting to see you here!”

Josh Hudson smirks a little. “Obviously... May I come in?” He could have just barged in but he isn't in the mood for that right now.

Chance blinks before backing up. “Of course. Please come in.”

Josh steps into the hastily planned locker room and notes the heavy olive and grey duffel bag on the bench near the wall. The sleeve of Chance's ring jacket is hanging out over the side of the bag. “Little small, don't you think?” He's referring to the locker room.

Chance shrugs one shoulder as he closes the door and turns around to tuck the red and gold sleeve into the bag. “Beats having to dress in the hallway... And I'm sure it's nowhere near as fancy as the locker rooms the champions get.”

“I've seen rookies come and go and you're one of the humbler ones.”

Chance gives a faint smile as he sits down to take off his ring boots. “I know I have to earn my way up the ladder here and I'm not afraid to fight for it.”

Josh watches the younger man for a moment as what Chance said sinks in. “Good. You have a lot of potential and I see you going places. Tonight was a good effort... We wouldn't have won if you hadn't been there.”

“Thank you.” Chance grunts softly and wiggles his toes after taking his boots off. He still isn't used to wearing them.

Josh looks away so Chance won't see him smile, then his whole attitude changes when he looks back at the younger man. “So when are you going to show up and fight?”

Chance is taken aback by the abrupt question. “Excuse me?”

“When are you going to show up and fight?”

The implication isn't lost on Chance and he quickly stands up with his hands balled into fists. “I already have. You said it yourself. You and Glory wouldn't have won if I hadn't been there! Weren't you paying attention?” His voice gets a little louder. “In case you weren't paying attention, I was the legal person on our team and I was the one who got the pin on your student James Evans! I think I did pretty damn well for myself considering that was only my fourth wrestling match ever!”

“You have fire in your veins. Good. Bring that to the next round of the tournament and don't screw up. I won't hesitate to take it up with you if you do.”

Chance catches the unspoken threat and growls. “If we lose... And that's a pretty big if... It won't be my fault.”

Josh smirks as he makes his way to the door. “As the resident newcomer, you're kind of expected to screw up. Just don't do it around me.”

“Or what?”

Josh turns to look at Chance, and his voice is cold. “Or I'll make you wish you were dead when I'm done with you.” Then he leaves the locker room with a slam of the door.

Chance grumbles and shakes his head. “Asshole.” Then he goes back to changing out of his ring gear. Josh's attitude change threw him off and he doesn't feel happy any more.

- - -

Present day

Chance sighs and looks at the ceiling in his new office at the insurance company. Mr. Gleason did indeed fire Charles Brentworth, much to his relief. Studying for his license had been a giant pain in his butt and he'd mentioned it to Mr. Gleason, saying it would have been nice to know that before he'd been hired. The owner of the company had actually agreed with him and had taken the person who hired him to task for not telling him that. The phone on his desk rings and shatters his reverie. He pushes the button on his headset to open the line. “Thank you for calling Gleason Insurance, my name is Chance, how can I help you today?” A few taps on his keyboard bring up the answer to the caller's question. “I'm afraid David is still on personal leave until next week... Is this urgent? It is. Okay, I'm going to transfer you to the agent who's dealing with David's clients until he comes back...” He double checks who that is. “Her name is Naomi and she'll do her best to help you, okay? Okay, hold on one moment while I transfer your call.” He pushes the Hold button on the phone itself and inputs Naomi's extension before tapping Transfer. Protocol has him waiting until he can hear Naomi talking to the caller before he hangs up with a push of the button on his headset. A knock on his doorframe has him looking over to see who it is.

Bianca Sutherland leans her shoulder on the frame with a smile. “It's lunch time, Chance.”

Chance carefully takes off the headset and hangs it off the bracket before stretching. “I really need to find out why the clock I brought in keeps freezing at one set time...” It's battery powered but it keeps locking up and he has to remove the battery to fix it. It isn't a cheap one either! His mother gave it to him.

“Where is it now?”

“I took it home yesterday.” He stands up and takes his jacket off the coat tree. “Whose turn is it to buy?” He and Bianca take turns paying for lunch if Chance forgets to bring one.

Bianca laughs because she knows Chance is aware she's been keeping track. “It's your turn today, Mr. Money-britches.”

Chance throws his head back and laughs heartily. “Italian, Japanese or Mexican?”

“That Mexican place you like so much is open again... They had to close over the holidays because half of them got sick.”

“That sounds perfect.” Chance goes back to his desk and turns on the call redirect function on his phone. He does that every day at lunch so his phone isn't ringing endlessly while he's out of the office. Then he turns off his monitor and desk lamp before closing the door. He only locks it when he goes home at night. The Mexican restaurant they're talking about is less than two blocks from the office. “After you, my dear co-worker.” He knows Bianca is happily married with two beautiful children. Her friendship means more to him than anything else.

And she knows that. She smiles and turns around so they can go to lunch. “Thank you, kind sir.” She values his friendship and never forgets to tell him that.

They're laughing when they come back from lunch. The food and staff had been exactly how they remembered them. Chance wipes a tear of laughter from his eye. “I don't remember the last time I laughed so much.”

Bianca chuckles as they stop at Chance's office. “It looks good on you. You need to laugh more.”

“I'll do my best.” He goes to open his office door and a lance of agony races through his stomach. It's so intense he has to put his head against the door's glass pane. “I guess I shouldn't have had that second plate of shrimp enchiladas.”

Bianca becomes alarmed when all the color drains from Chance's face. “You look terrible, Chance! Maybe you should call your brother to come get you. He's still at home with his broken leg, isn't he?”

Chance grunts at another stab of agony. “No walking cast. Call my mom.” He fumbles his phone out of his pocket and brings up his mother's contact card.

Bianca takes her phone out and uses Chance's contact card to call his mother Amanda. “Yes, is this Mrs. Owens? Mrs. Owens, my name is Bianca Sutherland and I work with your son Chance at the insurance company. We just got back from lunch and – Yes. We went to the Mexican restaurant less than two blocks from here. He's got his head resting on the glass in his office door. It's better if you come in through the front doors, there's no need for a security code there. I'll have one of our other coworkers waiting for you. Thank you, Mrs. Owens. Drive safely, okay? We'll see you soon. Bye.” She taps End and puts her phone in her purse, then puts Chance's phone in his jacket pocket.

Chance hears footsteps and turns his head that way. “Dale's coming.”

Dale goes right up to Chance and gently moves him away from the door. “Go ahead and sign him off then turn off his computer, Bianca. I'll tell Miss Gladstone what's going on so she knows.”

Bianca doesn't hesitate. “Thank you, Dale.” She goes into Chance's office and turns on the desk lamp so she can see what she's doing. It doesn't take long to sign him out of his work programs and turn off the computer. She picks up his duffel bag and brings it out to him before reaching in and locking the door from the inside. A snap of her fingers and she goes in to turn off the desk lamp before she closes the office door. “His mother's on her way.”

“Front doors?”

“Yes.”

“I'll take him there and help him into her car when she gets here.”

“Thank you, Dale.”

“Any time.” Dale shoulders Chance's duffel bag and puts his arm around his friend's waist. “Come on, Chance, let's go wait for your mother.” Then he slowly walks the clearly incoherent man to the front doors of the insurance company.

Bianca watches Ivan from the mail room join them so Dale doesn't have to support Chance alone. “Please be okay, Chance...” Then she goes to her office so she can get back to work, though her mind is elsewhere.

Dale sighs softly. “Thanks for helping me, Ivan.”

Ivan speaks quietly. “Chance is my friend.” He glances at Chance's face and shakes his head. “I'd ask him what's going on but I don't think he's in any shape to answer me.”

Chance comes around long enough to be coherent. “Lunch at the Mexican place not far from here... Two plates of shrimp enchiladas.”

Ivan is immediately concerned. “You've had three and four plates of their shrimp enchiladas before, Chance...”

Dale knows they had to close over the holidays due to illness. “Maybe one of them came back before they were fully healthy and didn't realize it.”

“What do you mean, Dale?”

“Half of them got sick before the holidays. They had to close for the duration because of it.”

“That's possible... It's also possible Chance has a stomach bug.”

Dale tilts his head to the side to acknowledge the possibility. “That's also likely.”

“Who are we waiting for?”

“His mother.”

“All right.”

The wait is quiet and tense. Amanda Owens pulls up to the curb and throws on her emergency flashers before getting out and running inside. Her worst fears are immediately confirmed when she sees how pale Chance is. “My car is just outside... Can you get him there for me?”

Ivan nods. “Of course. Come on, Dale. Let's get him out of here.”

Dale shifts Chance's weight toward Ivan. “Are you taking him to your apartment, Mrs. Owens?”

Amanda shakes her head as they bring Chance to her car. “I'm taking him to the townhouse he and his brother Leo rent. Leo's still at home with a broken leg and his doctor didn't give him a walking cast.”

Chance snorts. “Doc knows Leo's boss sucks...”

“Trust you to remember that even when you look like a freshly peeled potato, Chance!”

Chance grins a little. “I prefer looking like a ghost, Mom, you know that.”

“I have food on the brain today.” Amanda works as the quartermaster for a state-wide restaurant chain.

“You're forgiven. It's your job.”

“Thank you, son.” Amanda opens the passenger side door so they can put Chance in the seat.

Dale carefully settles him into the passenger seat and puts his duffel bag on his legs. “You take care, buddy, and hopefully you'll be at work on Saturday.”

Chance exhales softly as Dale fastens the seatbelt for him. “I have to be in Boston on Thursday.” He licks his lips and supplies the rest of it. “I'm a wrestler too.”

Amanda smiles fondly. “Speaking of that...” She takes something out of her purse and puts it on Chance's duffel bag. “Someone brought that to the apartment for you last week.”

Chance looks down and feels tears come to his eyes when he sees a blonde wolf sitting by an orange Detour sign. Right away he knows who it's from. “Dammit, Adam...” He puts his hand over the carving and feels a little better.

Dale perks a brow. “Adam?”

“Adam Brock. My trainer.” Chance smiles and looks at the carving again. “The Wolfsbane.”

Amanda beams. “The one wrestler Chance and Leo would sit still to watch.”

Dale can't help a smile. “You couldn't have asked for a better wrestler to train you... But what's with the detour sign?”

Chance laughs a little. “My nickname is Roadblock.”

Dale laughs and shakes his head. “Should've known... You go home and rest up for your flight to Boston.” He pats Chance's shoulder with a smile. “Knock 'em dead, kid.” Then he closes the car door.

Chance leans his head back and closes his eyes as Amanda pulls away from the curb. “You're not taking me to the townhouse, are you?”

Amanda shakes her head. “No. I'm taking you to the hospital.”

“Dale thinks one of the employees came back without realizing they were still sick, Ivan thinks it might be a stomach bug and I'm afraid it's food poisoning.”

“What was the first sign something was wrong?”

“We got to my office door and I felt this lance of agony in my stomach.”

“How many times did you feel that kind of pain?”

“Once after that, so twice in all.” A third stab of agony has him grunting loudly and putting his hand over the location. He looks down and is both surprised and dismayed at where his hand is. “Oh Lord... I think we're all wrong. Look where my hand is.”

Amanda glances over at a red light and immediately knows what he's referring to. “Your body is always the best source of information, Chance... It looks like it might be your appendix.”

Chance groans loudly. “Well that's just great!” If he has to have an appendectomy he's going to miss the rest of the Trios tournament.

“Hopefully it's just irritated instead of inflamed or about to rupture.”

“We'll see what the test results have to say.” His other hand curls around the carving from Adam and he can feel that same sense of stability he felt earlier. He subtly moves the carving into his jacket pocket so he can bring it with him into the hospital.

“So Adam sent me a copy of the card you're going to Boston for... Your team is facing The One, Kim Williams and Adam Allocco.”

“And the other match is...”

Amanda deftly dodges an idiot driver before she responds. “Sarah Wolf, Bree Lancaster and Syren are facing Nicole Kinneck, Owen Cruze and Ravyn Taylor.”

Chance can feel the pain subsiding and lowers his left hand. “So after Josh, Glory and I get past Kim, Adam and The One, we'll have to face the winning team from that match in the finals of the Trios tournament.” He breathes slowly and deeply to replenish the oxygen in his lungs. “When it comes to my match, it's pretty obvious who's going to win. Yes, Josh and Glory have history with each other, but they know how to work together. I'm the greenhorn but that doesn't matter.”

“Why doesn't it matter?”

“If Kim, Adam and The One want to get anywhere, they have to go through us. We are a three person roadblock.”

Amanda chuckles quietly. “Three people are better than one.”

“Exactly.” The pain flares again and Chance grimaces, biting back the epithets that spring to his lips.

Amanda gives him a worried glance as she turns into the hospital parking lot. She goes right to the emergency department doors and puts on her emergency flashers. “We're here, Chance.” She takes off her seatbelt and gets out to go around to his side of the car.

Someone comes from the side of the hospital and opens Chance's door before she gets there. “I had a feeling I'd find you here...” Adam reaches in and undoes Chance's seatbelt before moving his duffel bag to the floor near his feet.

“Adam! I wasn't expecting to see you here!”

“Call it a hunch and leave it at that for now.” Adam helps Chance out of the car and takes the younger man's weight without any trouble at all. “You got your wallet on you, kid?”

Chance recognizes the voice right away and tries to smile. “Inside jacket pocket.”

“Good.” He saw where Chance's hand was resting when he helped him out of the car. “Appendix, huh?”

“That's what we're thinking.”

“I'll get him inside, Mrs. Owens... Go ahead and park your car then come inside.”

Amanda uses her handkerchief to wipe the sweat off Chance's forehead. “I'll be back as soon as I can.”

Adam waits for her to turn off her flashers and move toward a parking spot before taking Chance inside the hospital. He spots a few empty wheelchairs and has Chance sit in one. “This is easier on you.” Once Chance's feet are up on the footrests, he starts pushing Chance toward the check-in desk.

The nurse looks up at the sound of footsteps and her professional smile slips when she sees Chance in a wheelchair. “The emergency department is down that hall to the right and it's at the very end.”

“Thank you, Nurse.” Adam turns the wheelchair to the right and pushes Chance down the hallway. “How far did you get in your discourse before you got here?”

“Mom said three people were better than one.” Another flare of pain tears through him and he starts swearing.

“How many times has this happened since the first one?”

Chance hisses softly. “That's the fourth time since the first one outside my office after lunch.”

“Always the same place?”

“Yes.”

“Yeah, it sounds like it's your appendix. With any luck it's just irritated.”

Chance smiles and takes the carving out of his other jacket pocket. “Thanks for this...”

Adam's face lights right up. “Hey, you got it!”

“Yup. It makes me feel better when I hold it...”

Adam leans in so nobody else can hear what he's saying. “I had Michael imbue it with healing energy while I was carving it.”

“Thank him for me, would you?”

“You bet.” Adam hears hurried footsteps and straightens up as Amanda joins them. “Dang convoluted hallways...”

Amanda laughs a little. “You'd think they'd make it easy to get where you're going when you're in pain!” She puts her hand on Chance's shoulder as he fights through another stab of pain.

[And this is where we let them continue on their own. Things may not have gone the way Chance wanted them to today, but you bet your ass he'll be in Boston at the TD Arena. Nothing is going to keep him from competing on Thursday. Come Hell or high water... No matter who walks away the winners at the end of the night... Nobody will be able to say Chance didn't pull his weight. NOBODY! See you there.]
==========
January 3rd, 2023
Charlotte, NC
Off Camera
==========

The End of the Year Special has come and gone. Glory Braddock made an impressive showing but she still came up short in the Open Invitational. The British Bombshell may have been disappointed with the outcome but at the same time she recognizes that her end game is much more important than the meaningless Open Invitational. She still has an opportunity to win her third Trios Tournament to start the new year. The Open Invitational was just a warm up to prepare her for the first Breakdown of 2023 which will be the semi-finals and finals of the Trios Tournament. The unlikely trio of Glory Braddock, Josh Hudson, and Chance Owens managed to advance past James Evans, Datura, and Polly Playtime in the quarter finals. But the path forward only gets more difficult as they must face two other teams in one night to secure the victory, one of them being the team of Kim Williams, Adam Allocco, and The One.

Before she can turn her full attention to completing the Trios Tournament, The British Bombshell must first take some of other business. Braddock has been dwelling on the rumors and talk of a plot to remove her from power within her own company. The rumors had been spread by her own supporters within the board of directors, namely Floyd Ryan. He has fingered Aurora Alan, younger sister of her company’s founder Matthew Alan, as being behind the potential coup. It makes sense, because Matthew Alan’s family has long believed that this company rightfully belongs to them. But then Aurora threw a wrench into the mix when she fingered Floyd Ryan and his family as having ties to organized crime. Could this all be a ruse by Floyd Ryan to try and gain power for himself or is Aurora Alan really trying to play politics and gain power? It is a difficult game of chess that Glory is playing and she feels as if she is in a position of check. She needs to move out of check to save herself and save the game. If she makes the wrong move then whoever her true enemy is, whether it is Aurora or Floyd, may defeat her once and for all.

After receiving advice from her best friend Sophie O’Brian as well as her ‘mother’ and mentor Aphrodite Noel, Glory Braddock has finally decided on a strategy. She finally knows what her next move shall be and unlike in previous months where her paranoia had been practically crippling her, The British Bombshell is certain that she has made the right move. There is no paranoia. Not anymore. Glory Braddock knows that this move she is about to make will end this game of chess and protect her for a long time. But this move that she is about to make begins first with a sit down dinner alongside a man that she isn’t sure she can trust, that being Floyd Ryan. She may not know if she can trust him or not, but she does know that she has to at least hear him out.

This is what brings The British Bombshell to Charlotte, North Carolina. It is a brief pit stop before she flies back up north to Boston, Massachusetts for the conclusion of the Trios Tournament. She stands covered in a large brown trenchcoat at the front door of a large, expensive and opulent estate in Charlotte. It is a home so luxurious that it even challenges the luxury of her own home in Miami. She rings the doorbell and waits patiently. The wait is not a long one. Braddock expects the door to be opened by a butler or a maid, as big as this house is it gives off the impression that the Ryans would have servants. Instead standing there in the doorway to greet The British Bombshell is Floyd’s niece, Jamie Ryan, who is wearing a Carolina blue bodycon mini dress and strappy high heeled sandals.

“There you are!” Jamie exclaims happily, embracing Glory in a friendly hug. “Uncle Floyd and I are soooooo happy you could make it! Can I take your coat?”

Glory isn’t quite sure what to make of Jamie’s enthusiasm. Braddock nods her head though and lets Jamie take the trenchcoat off of her, revealing the extravagance that The British Bombshell has on underneath. Glory is dressed in a red backless knee length sequin cocktail dress and black high heeled pumps. Jamie takes a few steps back to study Glory. She seems to have her jaw drop in awe.

“You look drop dead gorgeous, lady!” Jamie exclaims.

“I appreciate the compliment, Jamie, but I am a busy woman, and I am certain that your uncle has more pressing matters of his own. So can we get on with this dinner meeting?”

“The food is still being prepared by our staff.” Jamie states. Glory smirks; she suspected that with a home this large, Jamie’s uncle would have some staff on hand. “But if you and uncle Floyd want to go ahead and talk business then he is in his study. I can take you to him.”

“That would be nice, thank you.”

Jamie nods her head politely and motions for Glory to follow her. Jamie proceeds to lead Braddock down a long hallway. Eventually she comes to a door on the right. Jamie opens the door and steps inside, with Glory following closely behind. The British Bombshell immediately spots Floyd Ryan sitting at a large oak desk inside a room with large bookcases on all four walls. Floyd stands up upon noticing Braddock’s arrival.

“Uncle Floyd…Ms. Braddock has arrived.”

“Thank you, Jamie.” Floyd nods his head. “You may leave us.”

“Do I have to?” Jamie seems disappointed. Floyd nods his head.

“Yes. Why don’t you go check on dinner?”

“Yes, uncle.” Jamie sighs as she turns and exits the room, shutting the door behind her. Floyd approaches Braddock, who despite being pleased by Jamie’s removal is still cautious around her uncle Floyd.

“I am happy that you agreed to come and have dinner with us, Glory.” Floyd takes her hand kisses it. “May I say that you look positively ravishing?”

“Thank you. And I am grateful that you sent your niece away. I really want to get down to business and get this over with, I believe Jamie would have hindered that. No offense.”

“None taken.” Floyd chuckles softly. “I apologize for her…exuberance. She is quite enamored by you, you know?”

“I kind of figured that.” Glory says as she is led across the room towards Floyd’s desk. Glory sits down in a chair and then Floyd returns to his seat behind the desk.

“I apologize that dinner isn’t ready yet. I swear to you that it will be worth the wait. Flounder, Alaskan White and…”

“Hush.” Braddock states defiantly. “I don’t really care about dinner, Floyd. I just want to get down to business. I know something is going on because I heard it from you and from Jamie. I heard the talk about some group within the company, maybe even within the board of directors itself, wanting to remove me. And that talk isn’t the only talk I have heard lately, Floyd. So now I am here not for some pleasant dinner between good friends. I am here for the truth. Nothing more.”

“Fair enough.” Floyd nods his head. “You want the truth and you deserve it. Glory, I have always been a supporter of yours on the board of directors. You know that. Do you remember that party back in June of last year?” Glory nods her head. Floyd grins from ear to ear. “That party was my idea. I wanted to throw a party in YOUR HONOR because you deserved it.”

“It was unnecessary.”

“Oh but you are wrong. It was necessary. Who brought Global Championship Wrestling back from obscurity? You did. Who expanded our reach beyond simply wrestling to also include other outlets including modeling? You did. Who got full health coverage for EVERY SINGLE employee, part time and full time? You did. And when Matthew Alan returned and tried to retake power, who crushed him? Who kept him at bay? You did.”

“I thought the board loved him?”

“Many nostalgic idiots on the board love him, yes.” Floyd nods his head. “What they fail to see is that Matthew Alan and his family are tainted and would hurt our image. He was charged with white collar crimes. Embezzlement. He was never convicted but the stain and bad reputation remains. We cannot afford to have his family’s fingerprints on our beloved company. You got rid of him. And that group of nostalgic Matthew Alan supporters, they are nowhere near as numerous as they once were. They are just a loud, vocal, but powerful minority. But they are still a minority nonetheless. The majority of the board doesn’t even want to deal with his little sister Aurora.” He points a finger at Glory. “They would rather see you remove her and take her position as well.”

“I hate to disappoint you, Floyd, but I am not coming back.” Glory shakes her head. “I am far too busy as an active wrestler to return to my duties managing the company. That’s why I have Francis Taylor, Tabitha Silverstone, and Aurora Alan to manage things in my stead. So if you called me here to talk me into resuming my active duties as head of the company then you are wasting your time. I am not going to resume micromanaging the company.”

“That is indeed a shame. You are popular and very influential. Someone like you could really go places in a position of power.”

“What are you getting at?” Glory asks curiously.

“Let’s just say if you do not want to run the company then perhaps you could appoint someone else to run it?”

“Like you for instance.” Glory states. “I already know that you are jockeying for the Chairmanship of the Board of Directors. Is that what you want? My support?”

“That and much more.” Floyd snickers. “I think you should run for Mayor of Charlotte.”

“Seriously?” Glory states. Floyd nods his head. Glory starts laughing. “You are bonkers. I have no interest in politics, mate. Besides, I don’t even have residency in Charlotte. I couldn’t run.”

“You do own a home in Charlotte.”

“But I don’t live there.” She points out. “I use it for corporate business.”

“But you still have a home in Charlotte. Rules can be bent if you know the right people and you can qualify to run. You can get your name on the ballot. Wouldn’t you like to be Mayor of Charlotte?”

“Not really.” Glory rolls her eyes. “First you wanted me to return to power in the company. When I turned that down you tell me to run for Mayor of Charlotte. What do you want from me, Floyd?”

“Look, Glory, you know that I am a businessman first and foremost. If I were to become Chairman of the Board and if I were to get to run the company, I could make it into a global powerhouse. I just need some help…political help. I need some business friendly politicians to help push through initiatives that are friendly towards our company and my…” he pauses momentarily “...my people.”

“Your people? You mean organized crime? Yes, Floyd, I know about your connections to organized crime.”

“This has nothing to do with criminal activity.” Floyd remarks. Glory notices that he never denied his involvement with organized crime. “I just need a mayor to help advance friendly business initiatives that will assistance myself and my business associates.” He grins from ear to ear. “I know you can win the mayorship. You are very popular.”

“I do not want to be mayor, Floyd.” Glory states defiantly.

“I thought you might say that. Just think it over. I know you miss the trappings of power. I remember when you once thought yourself to be royalty, a queen. Imagine being in charge of one of the largest cities in North Carolina. You could use your influence to help our company in ways you couldn’t imagine. Think of what you could do with that power.” Glory is about to answer but Floyd stops her. “Don’t answer yet, Glory. Dinner is about ready. Let’s have dinner. Then you go to your next wrestling booking. You can make your decision later. Just consider my offer.” He grins from ear to ear. “And think about you being the Mayor of Charlotte.”

==========
January 5th, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts
On Camera
==========

We open out on a balcony overlooking the city of Boston, Massachusetts. It is lovely skyline early in the morning, several hours before SCW Breakdown is to begin. A few moments later the camera turns to the sliding glass door that leads into the hotel room. Just then the doors open and the reigning MWE World Champion and current Trios Tournament Semi-Finalist Glory Braddock can be seen stepping into the scene. She is dressed in a royal purple skirt suit and white blouse. She is perched atop matching purple high heel pumps. A look of confidence is etched across her face.

“Ladies and gentlemen, today is the day! Each and every one of you watching today will get to witness history be made, courtesy of the one woman in professional wrestling known for making history. The journey began mid-December, the Trios Tournament quarter finals. Now, right here in Boston, Massachusetts to finish the job myself, Hudson, and Owens started by winning the Trios Tournament.” The British Bombshell smirks confidently and nods her head.

“That’s right, WE won our first round match. We took Datura, James Evans, and Polly Playtime and unceremoniously booted them from the tournament. Everyone thought they would beat us and advance, not just because Evans and Datura are fan favorites, not just because of Datura’s cinderella story that the idiots love so damn much. Everyone thought they would win because of me and Hudson. The entire world expected Hudson and I to just implode leaving Chance alone to pick up the pieces. But I told you that it wouldn’t happen, didn’t I? I told you that when it comes to tag team wrestling there is no one better than me. I told you that I have made a career out of working with my arch enemies and just plain assholes in order to achieve a common goal.” Braddock’s grin is so wide it may have to be surgically removed.

“But you didn’t believe me. Now that’s on you. That is on each and every one of you for being stupid enough and foolish enough to doubt The British Bombshell. Need I remind you of my history in the Trios Tournament? After winning not just one but TWO of these stupid tournaments you should have learned by now to never ever bet against Glory Braddock when it comes to a Trios Tournament. Always bet on Braddock.” She points a finger at the camera. “Especially when we are up against an unlikely group of losers like The One, Kim, and Adam.” Braddock chuckles softly.

“Are you going to bet on them because The One is your current flavor of the month? I don’t give a damn how different or unique she is, she still is nothing compared to me. Do you bet on them because Kim is a reject from a cartoon show? Kim is a fool and a lunatic. Or maybe you bet on them because Adam has an inspirational redemption story that we can all get behind and is a former world champion? Newsflash; I am a former World Champion too.” Glory shakes her head. “I apologize for shutting down your illusions and fantasies but it is time for all of you to return to reality. The One is not going to use a Trios contract for whatever dumbass mission she may have. Adam Allocco is not going to get one last glorious run with the SCW World Title. And I can guarantee you that Kimberly will never ever get to spread her brand of chaos with a trios contract, not while I’m around.”

“See, you three represent everything that is wrong with SCW. You do not deserve Trios Contracts at all. Me, Hudson, and Chance, we may have some disagreements and differences of opinion but one thing that is certain and clear above all else is that we are WRESTLERS first and foremost. We are not some sideshow freaks like The One, Allocco, and especially you Kim.” Braddock scowls as she shakes her head.

“Kim, you are a freak. The people love you for your insanity but me? It disgusts me. The fact that you have made it this far and still have a chance to walk away with a Trios Contract makes me want to throw up. I will do whatever I must in order to make sure you do not get anywhere near that contract. The same goes for Adam and The One. The semi-finals will be the end of your cinderella story whilst the reality of Hudson, Owens, and Braddock dominating the Trios Tournament comes to fruition.” Braddock chuckles softly.

“Then on the other end you have Bree, Syren, and Wolf against the little punk kid who can’t decide what his name is, another kid with multiple names and identities, and then edgar allen poe reject bitch. I look at both of those teams, our possible opponents, and I see nothing but a disaster waiting to happen. Bree and Syren don’t like one another. They don’t trust one another. And you just never know when or even if Sarah Wolf will actually decide to put forth any effort. Even if Bree and Syren can get on the same page, odds are they will have to carry Sarah Wolf’s fat ass through the rest of the tournament.” She shakes her head.

“But I would much rather see the other team in the finals. Mainly because of you, Owen.” Glory points a finger at the camera. “Owen, you have been disrespecting me for no damn reason for far too long. You have the nerve to say I’m irrelevant? Let’s see how irrelevant I am when I have a trios contract back in my possession. Let’s see how irrelevant I am when I have won my third Trios Tournament. I know me and Hudson can work together, and I have the utmost confidence in Chance’s ability to pull his weight. But are you confident in your team? Ravyn is only out for herself and you know it. She is not a team player. Then you have Nicole. You never know who you will get with Nicole. Your team of has-beens and whack jobs got lucky in the quarter finals but do you think you will continue to be lucky on Breakdown?” She smirks. “I hope you get lucky one more time. I would love for our team to beat your asses in the finals.” The British Bombshell shakes her head.

“Ultimately it doesn’t matter which of those two teams wins. The fact is that Hudson, Owens, and I will take out the two nutcases and the village idiot. Then we will go on to the finals and defeat whoever is put in front of us. We will have won Trios. And I will once again have that golden ticket, the power, and all of the influence I need here in Supreme Championship Wrestling.” Braddock winks at the camera. “See you soon.”
==========
January 4th, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

It is the early morning hours the day before Breakdown, the day before the Trios Tournament will be decided. The reigning SCW Underground Champion Kimberly Williams isn’t ordinarily up this early but on this day she happens wide awake. Is she awake so she can train, spar, or do some other kind of strategic planning with her Trios partners Adam Allocco or The One? No, not hardly. The Woman Scorned sits on a ratty sofa in her run down home in Boston wearing in a unicorn onesie and holding her pet hamster Caligula in her hand. The self-proclaimed Queen of the Death Match isn’t awake this early for match prep or any team building exercises with her partners. Instead she is being lectured by her mother, legendary former champion Angelica Jones.

Angelica Jones has long been the matriarch of her family. She loves her daughters and wants them all to succeed. She never truly had a close relationship with Kimberly, and she blames it on herself. Angelica decided to remedy that by taking it upon herself to help manage her daughter’s career in SCW. As Kimberly’s backstage advocate, Angelica guided her towards a third reign as Underground Champion, the number one contendership to the SCW World Championship, and a Trios Tournament victory is now on the horizon. It would seem as if the eccentric ginger has finally righted the ship thanks to her mother’s guidance. But Angelica knows that her demented daughter needs to be watched at all times. Kim, as her name indicates, is a wild card in every sense of the word. She truly does revel in spreading chaos. So there is no telling what she may do on any given night.

“Kim, sweetheart, just tell me the truth.”

“I’m not a rat ya hear! I’m not a rat! I won’t squeal on nobody!” Kim says, trying her best to mimic an accent from The Godfather. Angelica rolls her eyes in frustration.

“No one is accusing you of being a ‘rat’...and this isn’t a crime drama…I just need you to be honest with me and tell me the truth.”

“Do ya know what The Don would do ta me if I told?!” Kim looks nervously from side to side, stroking Caligula.

“You really are going to play this role, aren’t you?” Angelica asks with her hands placed on her hips. Kim nods her head with a cheesy grin. Angelica sighs and nods her head.

“Fine. I promise you that no crime boss will find out about you…uh…squealing.”

“Ya promise me immunity from the law?”

“I promise. Scout’s honor.”

“But you aint a boy scout? Ya aint even a boy!”

“And you aren’t La Cosa Nostra.” Angelica points out. She folds her arms over her chest. Kim relents and nods her head.

“Alright, you got me. I’ll be honest…I did NOT kidnap CoCo…I tied him to a bedpost. Big difference.”

“Kim!” Angelica rolls her eyes. “You promised!”

“I promised not to kidnap him and I didn’t.” She grins from ear to ear. “Always be specific with me!”

Angelica shakes her head in disbelief. She sits down on the ratty sofa next to her daughter and wraps an arm around her shoulder.

“Kim, you are this close to winning the Trios Tournament. Tomorrow night is the big night. Semi-Finals and the Finals of the tournament. You, Adam, and The One just need to win two more times and you have it. But you have to keep yourself under control and focused on the task at hand. You have done so well ever since Rise To Greatness. You won back the Underground Title. You have become number one contender to the SCW World Title. And after tomorrow night you could have a Trios Contract. What a huge comeback after those three losses at Rise To Greatness.”

“I know.” Kim remarks nodding her head. “Don’t you think that I want my team to succeed? Do you really think I would let Onesie and CoCo down?”

“I know you want to succeed and I know you wouldn’t intentionally let Adam and The One down. But the way you act makes people doubt you.”

“Well I don’t care what other people think.” Kim answers sharply, staring into her mother’s eyes. “The only thing important is that I believe in myself. I admit, after Rise To Greatness I had my doubts. But you restored that self-confidence and you’re right, I have made great strides. And I am not underestimating the challenge of tomorrow night. I am well aware of how important tomorrow night is. That’s why I went to see Adam.”

Kim pauses to let that sink in. Angelica recognizes how serious Kim is being right this moment. The fact that she called Adam by his real name and not the playful nickname Kim gave him is an indication that Kim is, at least for this brief moment, dropping her playful act.

“I wanted to make certain that Adam and I are on the same page, just as I want to make certain that The One and I are on the same page.” She smirks. “Sure, I may have my own unique way of doing things, but even you gotta admit that the evidence speaks for itself. My methods, as crazy as they are, work.” Kim places a hand on her mother’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. I am confident that Team Wasley has what it takes to win this Trios Tournament.”

“Well that’s good to know.” Angelica smiles warmly. She embraces Kim in a tight hug. “I am happy to see you succeed, Kim. And I am happy that I could play a role in that success.”

“Of course! I couldn’t have done it without ya!”

“So what do you think we should do today? I’m sure The One and Adam are already here. We could find them and talk strategy. Or you and I could hit the gym for some sparring? One of your opponents is Glory and I know Glory better than anyone else in that tournament. I could give you some pointers.”

“Hmmm…” Kim scratches her chin as if she is in deep thought “...that does sound like a good idea. I mean, it is very convenient that Breakdown is right here in our home of Boston. But I think I have another idea in mind. I just need to borrow a camera crew.”

“A camera crew?” Angelica furrows her brow in confusion. “What the hell do you have in mind?”

“I PLEAD THE FIFTH!” Kim shouts. “You can’t make me squeal!”

Angelica rolls her eyes as her daughter resumes her impersonation of an interrogated inmate. She can only imagine what Kimberly has in mind…

==========
January 4th, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll and we find ourselves live in the Prudential shopping mall in Boston, Massachusetts. There are many people here today; it is packed full of loud and raucous shoppers. Many are flocking towards the camera, curious as to see what exactly is going on today. Things become clearer as the camera pans out. Then we spot none other than Boston native and everyone’s favorite deranged ginger Kimberly Williams. The eccentric Kim is dressed in a plaid pink knee length skirt, boots, a matching plaid pink jacket, and a purple plaid shirt underneath. She has her SCW Underground Championship title belt wrapped around her waist. The shoppers in attendance, many of whom quickly become fans as they recognize that this is their hometown hero, get out of her way as she tries to make a beeline towards the camera. It resembles Moses parting the Red Sea. Eventually Kim approaches the camera and waves.

“Hi there people! Kimberly Williams here and…” she pauses momentarily and turns to look at the crowd gathered around her. She turns back to face the camera and grins from ear to ear. “...let me try that again, BOSTON’S OWN KIMBERLY WILLIAMS HERE!” The mass of humanity roars loudly with approval. Kim waves with her arms, motioning for them to cheer louder and they obey her, like an orchestra obeying its conductor. The Woman Scorned lets the cheers get louder and louder for a few moments before waving her arms to signal them to get quiet. She snickers.

“I love my job…and I love these people…” the people cheer again “...and I am going to love competing in front of each and every one of them tomorrow night at the TD Garden right here in Boston, Mass!” Kim turns back to face her beloved audience of spectators. “Let me hear from ya, how many of you are going to be at Breakdown tomorrow night?” The fans cheer loudly, indicating a positive response. “And how many people are going to Breakdown to watch Adam CoCo, The Onesie, and yours truly kick six sets of asses and win the Trios Tournament?!” Another loud roar is heard from the people in attendance. Chants of Kim begin in the Prudential shopping mall. Kim smirks and nods her head. She turns back to face the camera.

“These people, my Kimmymaniacs, have always been faithful and they have always believed in Team Wasley! All of you boring so-called “experts” didn’t give us a chance. I mean, why would you doubt us? Just because The One hates everybody and seems to have a major beef with the established order? Just because poor CoCo has a bad reputation for being an annoying, sexist prick? Just because I am lunatic that likes stab, staple, and kidnap people for fun?” Kim shrugs her shoulders. “Ok, fine, I can understand why we wouldn’t exactly be the odds on favorites to win the Trios Tournament. But against Alexis Quinne, Juneau McFrosty, and Oktoberfest…two former SCW World Champions and a former SCW Underground Champion…we persevered! We overcame Quinne! We overcame Juneau and her Believers! We overcame Oktoberfest and his violence! We were victorious!” The crowd gathered around begins to cheer again but Kim motions for them to quiet down.

“Don’t get too happy my beloved Kimmymaniacs. Because as my slightly demented pal The Onesie told me, the job is not yet done. Tomorrow night is both the semi-finals and the finals of the Trios Tournament! Tomorrow night determines which three people will carry the power to influence and shape SCW for years to come! Ok, so maybe that was a bit dramatic, but still! The opportunity to book yourself in any match you want? Think of the crazy ideas that someone as insane as me could come up with?” She throws her head back and laughs. “I’m gonna put Ace Marshall’s cash ins to shame, baby! WOOOOOO!” Kim pauses and smacks herself in the forehead. “Oops, did it again! I got ahead of myself! Before I can ponder how I will create chaos using my Trios Contract, I must first actually win it! Which means, me and CoCo and Onesie must win not just once but TWICE in one night! And it all starts with the semi-finals against The Young & The Restless!”

Williams suddenly turns and begins to walk through the mass of humanity. The cameraman does his best to keep up with the SCW Underground Champion. The deranged ginger stops in front of a bearded, overly obese man wearing a black Star Trek t-shirt that is way too short for him. “Hi there Willy!”

“Uh, my name is Joseph.”

“Right Willy. Tell me, first and most important question…KIRK OR PICARD?” She pokes him in the gut, right on the Star Trek logo.

“Huh? Oh, Picard definitely.”

“Good. Next question, is Glory Braddock sexually frustrated?”

“What?” He seems rather taken aback by the question.

“Serious question. I mean, as much as she and Hudson seem to hate on each other makes me think it. Hell, even the hate she’s been throwing at Owen Cruiserweight. I’m not a big fan of the Cruiserweight clan but even I think she’s being too hard on the kid. So maybe she’s just sexually frustrated. Maybe she and Huddie should just fuck and get it out of their system. What do ya think?”

“Uh, sure, why not?”

“Great.” Kim reaches into her pocket, produces a few dollars, and shoves them into his hand. “Go buy some nachos.” Williams turns and walks further down the shopping mall, through the crowd gathered to see their hometown hero. The cameraman again follows her as closely as he can. Eventually The Woman Scorned finds two young women, looking to be in their early twenties. One is a blond and one is a brunette. The blonde is wearing a yellow maxi dress. The brunette is wearing denim jeans and a red sweater.

“So what are your names?” Kim asks as she gets in between the two.

“Sandy!”

“I’m Mandy!”

“Sandy and Mandy?” Kim chuckles. “Perfect! So, do you two think Huddie is overcompensating for something?”

“What do you mean?” Mandy asks.

“I mean just look at him always acting tough and all. He went and bullied poor Owen Cruiserweight and talked about respect and that nonsense. He’s trying waaaaay too hard to look like an alpha male, in my view. Do you get where I’m going with this?”

“No.” Sandy shakes her head.

“God!” Kim rolls her eyes out of frustration. “Don’t you think Hudson has a small penis?!”

“Oh!” The girls giggle together in unison before Mandy answers. “Actually, we think he’s hot!”

“Yeah! Totes!”

“Seriously?” Kim asks with a confused look on her face. The girls nod in unison.

“Uh-huh.”

“You two are sooooo smart!” Kim pats them both on the head before she again takes her leave and makes her way further into the crowd of people. The cameraman is still having difficulty keeping up with the eccentric Woman Scorned. Eventually Kimberly comes to a stop in front of a twenty-something young man with brown hair. He is wearing jeans, black boots, and a long sleeve white shirt.

“You look like a funny guy to me. Do you know comedy, Carl?”

“Actually my name is Robert.”

“Close enough.” Kim remarks. “So tell me, do you think Chance Owens has a snowball’s CHANCE in hell at beating Team Wasley in the semi-finals?”

“Huh?”

“CHANCE! His name is Chance Owens and I’m asking if he has a CHANCE to win?!” Kim sighs out of frustration. “It’s a joke, Carl!”

“My name is Robert.”

“Your name is Carl now because you obviously don’t understand comedy as well as I do!” Kim sticks her tongue out before skipping away, leaving Carl…err Robert…alone. The cameraman rushes to keep up. Eventually Kim comes to a stop in front of a middle aged man with his service dog.

“Hi there, buddy! What’s your name?”

“Buddy.”

“Cool! I was right!” Kim exclaims happily. “So Buddy, are you going to Breakdown tomorrow night?”

“Damn right.”

“Now obviously Team Wasley will advance against The Young, The Restless, and the No CHANCE in Hell, but let’s talk about the finals. Yours truly and her team of trusty sidekicks CoCo and Onesie might face Wolfie, Breezy, and Syren.” Kim makes a gagging motion as she mentions Syren’s name. “I don’t think I need to talk about Syren. I’ve kicked her ass so many times it isn’t even fun anymore. Now I know I’m not Breezy’s favorite person. She still has me blocked on social media.” She turns to face the camera and puts her hands in a praying motion. “UNBLOCK ME! I MISS TAUNTING YOU!” She turns back to face Buddy. “But despite all that I do feel bad for Breezy. Being Breezy aint easy, y’know? Especially not with an annoying bitch like Syren as your partner. But my question is, do you think Sarah Wolf will actually hold up her end of the bargain this time?” She smirks knowingly.

“Uh, well I…” Buddy is about to answer but Kim holds up a hand to his mouth to silence him.

“I wasn’t asking you!” She kneels down next to the dog. “I was asking the dog! What’s it’s name?”

“Poochie.”

“Well then, Poochie, since you are kin to wolves, what do you think? Will Wolfie actually give it her all this time? I’ve owned her ass the last two times we fought. And it was her own fault she and I couldn’t win the tag titles at Rise To Greatness.” She stands back up and turns to face the camera. “Maybe I’ll see you tomorrow night, Wolfie?” She blows a kiss at the camera before skipping happily towards another unsuspecting interview. The mass of fans, and a poor overworked cameraman, follows her closely. The Woman Scorned eventually stops in front two young men, both looking to be in their mid-to-late twenties. One is wearing an SCW t-shirt and the other has a Kimberly Williams t-shirt and is carrying a Wasley plushie toy. The Woman Scorned takes a good long look at him and winks.

“I like you! What’s your name?”

“Uh, Howie.”

“Nice name” She motions to the shirt and to the penguin. “And nice taste.”

“My name is…” his friend tries to chime in but Kim puts a hand up to silence him.

“No one is asking you!” She looks back at Howie. “So, Howie, what do you think of Team Wasley’s other ‘distinguished competition’, namely Owen Cruiserweight and his four teammates, Ravyn and Pro and Nicole and Ducky?”

“It doesn’t matter! TEAM WASLEY FUCK YEAH!” He exclaims loudly. Kim kisses him on the cheek.

“I really do like you!” She states. “But don’t ya think Owen Cruiserweight has a tactical and unfair advantage? I mean, its him, Ravyn, and Nicole obviously counts for three or four people! C’mon, man? They should just be disqualified!”

“Who cares, Kim? You’re gonna whip all their asses!” He shouts. Kim pats on the head. She reaches into her jacket pocket and produces a twenty dollar bill and shoves it into his pocket.

“You were great, kid!” Kim skips away happily. The camera and the crowd follow her. Kim makes a turn towards an exit. She opens the doors and exits the shopping center. The crowd tries to follow her but security is there to keep them away. Kim smirks as she turns to face the camera.

“I love my people! And I love my home of Boston! And right now I want to make something else perfectly clear to each and every one of you watching this…” her expression changes. She is still smiling but she looks downright wicked right now. “...if you think that I do not want this, then you are out of your mind.”

“The Trios Tournament is all about bringing together perfect strangers, complete enemies, and seeing if they can work together for a common goal. The Trios Tournament is something I look forward to every year because it is the very definition of chaos. You never know who you will get as a partner and you just don’t know if you can make it work. The team of CoCo, Onesie, and myself, there is no reason under the sun why our team should work out and yet lo and behold not only have we made it work but we have thrived. We beat one of the teams that could have been considered a favorite. How did we do it? How did we pull together three completely different personalities and make it operate like a well-oiled machine?”

“Because we all want the same thing. We all want Trios Contracts. We want them for different reasons, we may have different motivations, but we still want them. CoCo wants to get back into the title hunt, or maybe punish Xander, there are plenty of ways he could use his Trios. Onesie obviously wants to upset the status quo and y’know what? I dig that. And there are plenty of ways that twisted Onesie could think of to use that contract to shake the foundations of SCW.” She pats herself on the chest. “Then there’s me. I am an agent of chaos. Much like Onesie, I want to upset the established order of things. Imagine what I could do with a Trios Contract? I am already the SCW Underground Champion. I am the number one contender to the SCW World Championship. Imagine what I could do if I added a Trios Contract to that?” She throws her head back and laughs.

“That is the future you are facing, SCW! Because there isn’t a chance in hell of anyone stopping me, Onesie, or CoCo from going all the way tomorrow night and snatching ourselves some Trios Contracts!”
{PROMO}

It was a wild 2022 for The One, as she made her debut in Supreme Championship Wrestling, and effectively made her presence felt immediately.  She accomplished more than what many would have expected, and was even able to add the title of "champion" to her list of surprise accomplishments.  But it was the way it ended that has her mind completely focused on what is ahead.

It wasn't just being chosen as a member of the Trios Tournament that made her excited about what was to come, and more focused than ever.  It was that 2022 ended with her and her band of "Strange Bedfellows" still alive in the hunt for the "Golden Ticket" of SCW.  But alive is one thing, and in possession of the award are two different things and she has made it abundantly clear to her teammates that she is not celebrating one win and treating it as the culmination of their fight.

It's just the start...

But in order to go forward and succeed, and truly feel victorious, there are three other teams that could be the one to stop the momentum, and take the "Golden Ticket" for themselves... And it's The One who is hoping that latter part does NOT become part of her reality.

With the end of a year normally comes the turning of a new leaf, new resolutions, new goals, but in the end always lead to a very similar result to the year prior.  Very rarely do things change drastically.  Very rarely do people actually step up and devote themselves to achieving whatever it is they have stated is this year's shiny object.

And why is that?

Why can't people change?

Because these resolutions, these new leaves, they're typically complete and polar opposites of who the person actually is inside.  They're not realistic.  They're usually so drastic and so optimistic that people lose sight of the goal quickly because the results don't come immediately.  When it comes to this business, it's much the same.  Pro wrestling always has the people who will walk out and talk about how the new year will mark new changes, new results, new accomplishments, et cetera.  They will talk like their entire life will change just because someone incremented the year by one.

But how many actually do that?

How many were not on the path upward, and are just projecting a logical progression, versus a radical change from what they have showed to be their norm?

I would venture that the number of those who are projecting to those who are hopeful for a radical change tends to trend toward the latter because that's what everyone wants.  Everyone wants to become better, more superior, and more dominant.  People want to become more feared, more revered, and more idolized.  I, however, don't play that game.  And if I have to put myself in a column, I put myself in the column who are trending in a logical progression...

And here's why...

When the Trios Tournament began, I made it clear that a victory would represent a lot for my desire to accomplish my long term goals.  I made it clear that I would be doing whatever I could, trusting whomever I needed to, and expecting the same from people I would have never anticipated because greed was at stake, and for me, an opportunity was.  In the first round, it was the legendary Selena Frost.  The perceived "grander" of the Frost sisters, but the one I didn't have pegged for my wrath.  But taking Selena out would put a lot of pressure on those two to realize that The One had been running roughshod over their little family attempt at a dynasty.  Then comes the End of the Year Special.  The night where I made sure Deanna realized she was that ultimate new target, just like Beard was.  I gave her the definitive answer that she's in my sights, once this tournament is over because of what she represents...

Like I said... Rookie of the Year?  More like more of the same!

And the Frosts are more of the same.  So beating one in the Trios, then reminding the other of what damage I can do, it was a logical progression for me.  It was the logical next step for me.  It was the logical CONCLUSION to my year.  Remind the elitists, remind the people I have come to eliminate from SCW existence, that with the end of one year, will begin with much of the same the following year, only with more and more insanity...

Why?

Because not only will I be using them each as target practice, my message, my actions, and ultimately my REACH, will begin to grow.  Plus... I'll have a "Golden Ticket" to execute ANYONE at ANYTIME under MY RULES.
[/align]

The One takes a hit off of her vape, and smirks.

See, most will look at winning the Trios Tournament as a simple title opportunity.  They'll look at it as a chance to insert themselves into some dream match, something they figure they can catch the opposition off guard, and pull off the miracle victory.  They'll look at it as the Disney Fast Pass to the front of the line they don't want to earn their way to...

And if the opportunity matches my goals, I will too...

But the difference is that I say it has to match my goals.  This tournament gives me a chance to do anything.  It gives me, as SCW loves to use as one of its buzz terms, the "Ultimate Opportunity."  But it will be MY opportunity.  It won't be about anyone else's idea of a good idea.  It won't be because someone else thinks I should do something different than what I decide to do.  It will be MY DECISION.  It could be a "Deanna Frost's Amputated Arm on a Pole Match."  It could be "Selena Sacrifices Her and Her Sister's Career To Not Be Wiped From the History Books Match."  It could be The One versus the World Champion because I believe I'm better than that person.

But it's still my call...

And right now, it's still a damn pipe dream that, if you go by my 2022, is no guarantee...

Like I said, people make these resolutions because they want to either change course completely, or continue a trend in a certain direction.  I said I saw myself trending upward, and I do believe that.  Am I a poster child, right now, of mediocrity because of a record that I know people look at and buy into?  Of course.  I'm the living embodiment of the peak of any Bell Curve.  I'm that equally good and bad by the standard of pure numbers.  But that's where I also say I'm different because I said from the very start numbers wouldn't EVER define me.  Accolades wouldn't EVER define me.  Titles, wins in gimmicky matches, whatever, wouldn't be the crux that defined how talented I was or wasn't.  What would define it would be what people had to VISUALLY see in front of them...

Top ten, as a nobody, in Taking Hold of the Flame...

Self-disqualification in my first match, AFTER WINNING, because Beard was too stupid to get the message...

Winning the Television Championship...

Deanna Frost having to have a chauffeur or one of those knobs on her steering wheel that amputees need to steer...

TECHNICALLY having victories over two former SCW World Champions in the Trios Tournament...

Some of those represent wins, some represent losses, but what do they all represent?  They represent someone nobody knew, walking into the most prestigious organization in this business, and in about half of a year, becoming someone who everyone is watching their back for.  They may walk away with some statistical win, but they still may just have that, and not get to walk away.
[/align]

The One takes another puff before putting her vape in her pocket, and looking side to side.

But the focus isn't on the what-ifs or what-has, in my time year.  It's about 2023.  It's about the matches LEFT in the Trios Tournament.  It's the teams that stand in MY WAY of having MY MOMENT that opens everyone's eyes.  And that is where my focus is.  Deanna may have been the focus when the year ended, but that's where her spotlight went out for me, and it returned to something greater, something bigger, and something more important than whether or not I allow her to keep an appendage.

It's on James Evans...

It's on Dark Fantasy...

It's on someone as bat-shit crazy as my partner, Nicole Kinneck...

It's about Glory Braddock...

It's about people and teams in this tournament who truly represent that "upper echelon" of SCW talent, that stand in my way.  And I put it as MY WAY because, while I had the nomeclature of "Strange Bedfellows" with Adam and Kim, I saw them after the first match.  I saw that they seemed to think it was one and done.  It could have been an act and it could be something that all of those who are considered more of a "veteran" than I am, act.  But what I saw is the eye off of the prize, and as far as I'm concerned, the roles are reversed from where they may have been in round one...

You see, in the first round, I was that wild card.  I was the one they didn't know if they could trust.  No matter what I said, no matter what I did, deep down there was a lot of doubt with me.  I could see it in their eyes.  They didn't believe I was with them one-hundred percent, and it was on me to prove it.  And while I am someone not afraid to fight ANYONE, you show me respect, I show the same.

Respect deserves respect...

So going into this all-or-nothing final set of matches, what is it I expect?  What do I expect to happen?  Do I have the trust of my partners?  Do I trust them to have my best interests in mind?  The answer is simple... They have to show me.  It was on my shoulders in round one.  It was on The One to show she wasn't some wildcard who would take matters into her own hands whenever she chose.  Now the roles reverse.  Now Kimberly Williams and the legend Adam Allocco get to show that they are ready to win this WITH me.  Because it's not a matter if I want it.  It's not a matter if I care enough.  It's not a matter of if I can put my shit aside when I see something that represents a greater good for me.

Yeah... It's selfish...

Yeah... It's about me...

But yeah... I'm expecting to not do this alone!

These remaining teams represent World Champions in the history of Supreme Championship Wrestling.  They represent the past and present.  They represent the opportunity for a nobody, a rookie who showed up at a free for all, to come in there and surprise the world.  But like I said, I am relying on others.  I am relying on someone who was just voted the Male Superstar of the Year, and a woman, who, I will break down that wall and say, is a little more "with it" than she may let on.  I am relying on two people who I believe could define why "adversity makes Strange Bedfellows," once again.

See, unlike them, this MATTERS for The One.  Unlike Kim and Adam, they will GET their opportunities.  I'm the one who walks into 2023 knowing that the "numbers" show me as the weak link on the team, and the one who could represent the way to beat us.  I don't represent the strength.  I represent the weakness.  SCW knows this.  All three of these teams know this.  I have made myself this person.  And, while I am not apologetic about it, I am also willing to ask people to be on the same page once all of the cards are dealt.
[/align]

The One takes a deep breath, before looking into the camera.

So what's it's going to be Adam?

What's it going to be Kim?

Adam... Are you able to take an accolade like the "Male Superstar of the Year" and show the world why that's you?

Kim... Are you able to quit pretending to be all fun and games, and be the psychopath that I've seen, when looking into your eyes?

We have an opportunity to go out there and each get something we want.  Whatever you want, I don't care.  Whatever you're going to be selfish about, like I said, I don't care.  But what you two represent is my chance to do something special, just like I represent to you.  We all have to bring our best for ONE, MORE, FUCKING, NIGHT, and we have to do it together.  I don't care if you have any ounce of TRUST in me.  TRUST isn't what will define our victory.  The fact we have a common goal, and that's to ensure we each get what we want, THAT is our common goal.  I am not coming for either of y'all.  I don't think either of you is going to waste a "Golden Ticket" on The One.  So you two need to realize that this is our biggest chance to do something in SCW, going forward...

Adam... You want to prove you're not one of the forgotten members of Greaternity.  You want to stand out and show you're one of the badasses in this business.  You have that opportunity to knock all of these former World Champions looking in on you, and you can go forward and make 2023 something you can have as THE MOMENT that defines Adam Allocco in history.  You want to prove you're the legend I believe you are?  Then you step up.  You be the Adam Allocco who was always proud of being the unbeatable...

Kimberly... You and I have faced off and I have seen the lengths you're willing to go.  You're like me in that regard.  You aren't afraid of putting life and limb on the line if its for the elimination of the people who almost destroyed Supreme Championship Wrestling.  And more importantly... You're not afraid of just going after anyone who may or may not be part of the PROBLEM here.  It's just a matter of if you're willing to let that personality shine and put the fear of God into those who stand in our way...

The fact is... I'm there... I'm willing to do like I did in round one.  I'm willing to fight for EVERYTHING, all with the goal of taking what I want for the future of this business.  I don't care what the fans or the locker room think.  In the end, this is about what's BEST for SCW.  And both of you... You know that.  You realize that.  Now it's time you get to step up and prove it to the world.

We never have to share the limelight again.  We never have to be friends again.  But at Breakdown, I expect you two to look at me like we have a long history of trust because that's what I'm willing to give you.  You turn on me... You not give that to me... You decide that something else is worth it over the Trios Tournament, and this team, then I would suggest you wish that you never became part of SCW in the first place.  Because no matter how long you've been here... No matter how much you've accomplished... I know there are people who have made the "legends of yore" become forgotten and never spoken of again.  And if anyone stands in my way, including my team, they will become forgotten members of the past.  Nobody will talk about you.  Nobody will remember what you accomplished.

But stand by my side, I promise you one thing... We will win... We will each have a "Golden Ticket..." And we will make sure everyone looks at us like they look at some of those things in life they can't avoid... Death... Taxes... AND THE MOTHERFUCKING ONE!
[/align]

With those final words, The One throws her infamous hoodie up over her head, and walks off into the darkness.  She knows that this moment represents the biggest opportunity in her SCW and pro wrestling career because of the ramifications that come from it.  She also knows that she has to trust in those she is walking into the match(es) with, to achieve these goals and get the chance to do whatever she wants, wherever she wants, to whomever she wants, and arguably most importantly, however she wants.  The Trios Tournament is the true SCW "Ultimate Opportunity," and this year, it will not be easy to be the team that emerges victorious over the others.
Pages: 1 2