Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost vs. Glory Braddock vs. Adam Allocco vs. Bree Lancaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, January 18, 2023
1 of 2

========

==========
January 14th, 2023
Charlotte, NC
Off Camera
==========

The past few weeks have not been ideal for Glory Braddock. She and her Trios team of Josh Hudson and Chance Owens made it to the semi-finals of the tournament but were ousted by the eventual winners of The One, Kimberly Williams, and Adam Allocco. The following week on Breakdown, she had her student Amelia Stone do battle with Deanna Frost, one half of the SCW World Tag Team Champions, in hope to jockey her position into a tag team championship opportunity. Thanks to interference from Chance Owens, that opportunity also came up short. That’s twice now Chance has proven to be a thorn in the side of The British Bombshell. Now she isn’t quite sure where to look now in her quest for Supreme Champion status. She knows she just needs the tag team titles and the television title, but both championships seem so far away from her grasp. She isn’t certain how she will achieve Supreme Championship status at this point.

Beyond her professional wrestling woes, she also is dealing with corporate woes in the form of a rumored hostile takeover within her company. Floyd Ryan is a member of the Board of Directors and has been a longtime ally of Glory Braddock. Even when The British Bombshell had power stripped from her the first time, Floyd remained loyal and had her back. This is why she believed him when he told her that a faction within the company, perhaps even within the Board itself, wants to oust Braddock again. Floyd even offered to assist Glory in protecting herself against this potential coup. The problem for Glory is that something just doesn’t feel right regarding Mr. Ryan. It could be the fact that he is also secretly jockeying to become the new chairman of the board? It could also be because of the fact that he has connections to organized crime?

Both of those tidbits of information came from minority shareholder Aurora Alan. Aurora Alan is the youngest sibling of Matthew Alan, founder of the company. Floyd is pointing the finger at Aurora as the one behind the potential coup and Aurora is pointing the finger at Floyd. Braddock’s paranoia immediately returned with a fervor. She wasn’t sure who she could trust. All she knew is that one of the two, possibly both, were out to get her; and Glory knows that she has to make a nearly perfect maneuver here in order to protect herself and her position within the company.

Her company is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Braddock finds herself in her office at the corporate headquarters overlooking the Charlotte skyline. Glory is dressed nicely, dressed to impress in a pink two piece jacket and lace dress with matching pink high heeled leather pumps. She stares stoically outside at the setting and scenery. She doesn’t think about any of what she sees. She is lost in her own deep thoughts of the decisions she must make soon, very soon, in order to maintain her status.

Braddock last met with Floyd Ryan a couple of weeks ago and it was his suggestion at first that she retake full control of the company. Up until now she had been content to let corporate president Francis Taylor, general manager Tabitha Silverstone, and minority shareholder and current chief executive Aurora Alan run everything in her stead. The purpose was two-fold; it allows her to maintain an active wrestling schedule for Supreme Championship Wrestling where she looks to obtain Supreme Championship status and in MWE where she reigns as World Champion. Keeping herself separated from the active day to day operations of the company keeps her sane; at least Glory believes it does. She recalls the last time she had full control of the company. She did not like what it turned her into. She did not like the person she became when she had that much power.

Glory tried to explain all of this to Floyd and to decline his offer but he just pivoted and suggested that she run for Mayor of Charlotte instead. Floyd insisted that he could bend the rules to get her on the ballot and help her win. Then with him in charge of the company, she could use her political influence to help him and the company. This too rubbed Glory the wrong way. It struck her as a power play on his part. But Floyd insists that both would benefit. He would have full control of the company and Glory would have the city of Charlotte. She has to admit that his offer would benefit her. Both would increase in power and influence. Still, Glory is worried about how much the new power would influence her. Can she still be a powerful and influential business woman, or even a powerful political figure, and do good at the same time? She isn’t certain that she can.

The buzzing sound on her desk snaps The British Bombshell out of her reverie. She realizes that she cannot worry about any of that right now. She has work to do. She has to protect herself and her company. Braddock spins around in her chair and pushes the button signaling the secretary’s desk. “Yes, what is it?”

“Ms. Braddock, Mr. Floyd Ryan is here to see you.”

“Yes, send him in.” Braddock’s face remains stoic and cold as she looks forward, waiting on his arrival. The door then opens and Floyd Ryan walks into her office. He is wearing a navy blue suit and red power tie. He approaches Braddock’s desk. Glory stands up and the two greet with a handshake.

“Nice to see you in the office, Glory.” Floyd says with his voice oozing charm and charisma. “I am surprised you decided to meet me in Charlotte again. I thought…”

“I don’t particularly care for Charlotte, you’re right. I would rather meet in Miami, my turf. But this is MY office, MY building, and MY turf. Unlike the last time we met which was in your home on your turf. But I suppose if we are to be partners in the future then I should get used to working here in Charlotte.” She lets that last sentence come out slowly, so that Floyd can really take it in. As he hears it a grin forms on his face.

“So you’re considering my offer?”

“Please sit.” Glory motions to a chair in front of her desk. Floyd sits and Glory returns to her seat as well. “Floyd, you have been a supporter of mine on the Board of Directors for a long time. You fought against the board’s first move to strip my authority. You continued to fight to have me reinstated. I appreciate your loyalty.”

“Glory, anyone with common sense should realize that you are the rightful leader of this company. This company owes its very existence to you. You bought the rights and trademarks to this company back from GDW management when they were having financial difficulty. You brought GCW back in 2012 and two years later bought GDW out as well. You would go on to make a deal that would give every single employee at every level of this company a fully funded health insurance package. You expanded this company’s limits beyond a simple wrestling promotion to include modeling as well.”

“You’re right, I did all of that. Still, a faction ousted me from power once before. Now you are telling me that another faction is plotting to oust me again. I believe you only because of how loyal you have been. But tell me, Floyd, why would they want me gone so badly?”

“Do you want my honest opinion, Glory?”

“I value honesty.” Braddock says with a nod of her head.

“Some of them are nostalgic for the glory days of when Matthew Alan’s family ran this company. But his family’s mismanagement, corruption, and greed is what led to them being bought out in 2003. They think his sister Aurora will be different but they are wrong. She is just as corrupt as him. Others don’t like you because they feel you are too eccentric, too unstable to control the company. Some of them see you as corrupt as Matthew Alan.”

“What about you?” Glory asks. “What do you see when you look at me? I mean, you do know all about corruption, don’t you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Mr. Ryan, if we are going to be partners then I need you to be honest with me. Remember, I value honesty. So be honest with me, how corrupt are you?”

“With all due respect, Glory, I…”

“Don’t give me any nonsense, Floyd.” Glory immediately cuts him off. “I have heard from some very reliable sources about your criminal connections.”

“I do not know who you spoke with but I am not connected to organized crime.”

“Oh come on, Floyd. You have been loyal to me and I will be loyal to you in return. I promise not to tell anyone.”

“There’s nothing to tell.”

“Very well.” Glory sighs deeply and shakes her head. “Then I guess we don’t have a deal.”

“What?” Floyd sounds shocked at the rejection. “But I thought….”

“We DID have a deal. But you heard me, I need to work with someone who I can trust, someone who is honest with me. You want me to take charge of the company again, to micromanage it. If not that, you want me to run for Mayor of Charlotte and do political favors for you with you in charge of this company. I admit, having that kind of power again sounds tempting and I am willing to consider it, but only if you are straightforward with me.” She leans forward and gazes deep into Floyd’s eyes. “One last time…do you have connections to organized crime? I want to know exactly what I am getting myself into here, Floyd.”

“And you don’t believe me when I say I don’t?”

“No, I don’t believe you.” She shakes her head. “I believe my sources.”

“And there’s nothing I can say to convince you otherwise?”

“Damn it, Floyd!” Glory voice grows louder with frustration. “I know you and Meagan Collins are best friends. You remember her, right? She damn near got me and this company in trouble when she was investigated and later convicted of crimes by the FBI. The feds found that Meagan had connections to organized crime. It isn’t hard to make the connection that her ‘friends’ might be your friends too.”

“Hell…” Floyd is now the one sounding frustrated and defeated “...Meagan…”

“So she is your friend?”

“Yes, a close personal friend.”

“So that means you do have connections to her…friends.”

“Yes, yes I admit it.” Floyd is a little agitated now. “I admit, I have worked with organized crime on occasion to assist in my business dealings. Meagan was the one responsible for hooking me up with them. Are you happy now, Glory?”

“Ecstatic.” Glory smirks knowingly. “All I wanted was a little honesty, that’s all.”

“I don’t know why you care so much about my business. It isn’t like your past is squeaky clean. I remember how you got your own sister locked up in a mental institution for two months. And as for Meagan, she worked for you. Some of the criminal acts connected to her was for your benefit.”

“My sister signed a contract giving me control over her status. It isn’t my fault she didn’t bother reading the fine print. And I was working with the FBI to get Meagan locked up. She never told me that she was working with criminals. I found out after the fact. Her dishonesty was her downfall.”

“But now you’re ok working with criminals?” Floyd asks curiously.

“I told you, Floyd, I just want to know in advance what I am getting myself into. Meagan didn’t tell me what she was involved with until we were already deep into it. So I turned her in. I will not make that mistake again. That’s why I wanted you to be up front with me about any criminal involvement you have.” She points towards the door. “Now leave.”

“Go? Already?” Floyd seems shocked. Glory nods her head.

“It isn’t like you have far to go. Besides, I don’t want to stay here any longer than I have to. Plus I have another appointment coming up. You aren’t my only business partner, you know?” She states. Floyd nods his head.

“Fair enough.” He rises up out of his chair. “Good day, Glory.” Floyd turns and makes his way towards the door. He opens the door and exits, shutting the door behind him. A wide grin forms on Glory’s face as she leans back in her chair. She stares down at the buzzer that signals to the secretary’s desk. A look of anticipation is on her face as she waits. It is almost as if she is expecting it to go off anytime now. And sure enough, within a few minutes of Floyd Ryan exiting, the buzzer sounds again. The British Bombshell pushes the button.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Uh, Ms. Braddock…” there is a distinct pause “...uh, were you expecting another appointment?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact I was.”

“Were they FBI agents?”

“That would be them.” Glory says happily. “Send them in.” Braddock watches as the door opens again. This time two men in black suits walk in. Glory stands up to greet them, shaking both of their hands.

“It’s nice to meet both of you finally. My name is Glory and you two would be…”

“Special Agent Kenda and Agent Rodriguez.” One of them, Kenda, states.

“How much of that conversation did you hear?”

“All of it. And we heard it loud and clear, Ms. Braddock. You were excellent.”

“I’m just doing my civic duty, Agent Kenda. I want to run a clean business. I had hoped that any and all criminal activity was gone from my company when your agency nabbed Meagan Collins. When I heard that a member of my own Board of Directors might have similar ties, well, I just had to act.”

“We had long suspected Mr. Ryan of involvement with organized crime but we had no proof. Meagan Collins kept her mouth shut and wouldn’t tell us anything while we had her in custody. Thanks to this, we can start building a case that will put Mr. Ryan behind bars.” Agent Rodriguez answers.

“If I may ask, when will you arrest Mr. Ryan?”

“That is not decided yet. Soon, hopefully.”

“Well if and when you do arrest him, and interrogate him, feel free to arrest anyone else on the board that may have criminal ties. I do not want my company’s good name connected to criminal activity in any way.”

“We will do what we can.” Agent Kenda and Agent Rodriguez again shake Glory’s hand. “Thank you again for your cooperation, Ms. Braddock.”

“No, thank you.” Braddock smirks knowingly as she watches the FBI agents turn and make their exit, with all of the information they need to make an arrest of Floyd Ryan and anyone else who may potentially pose a threat to Glory Braddock’s reign within this company. At the same time, Glory’s record looks spotless for she worked with the FBI to again bring down criminal elements within her company. Her position has been strengthened but she realizes that she is not completely safe. At least not yet. She still has one more thing to do in order to ensure her position within the company is protected.

The British Bombshell reaches for her desk phone and begins to dial a number. She waits for a moment until someone answers. “Yes, Robert? Robert Odom? It’s me, Glory. I have a sale I would like for you to help me negotiate.”
2 of 2
======

==========
January 16th, 2023
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Just two days removed from her visit with Floyd Ryan, Glory Braddock now finds herself seated in her luxurious living room in her stately Miami, Florida home. Braddock is wearing an O-neck puff short sleeve pink mini dress that stops just above the knee. Her feet are encased in black patent leather high heeled pumps. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. A confident grin is etched across her lovely features. And why shouldn’t she feel confident? She just got through eliminating one potential threat to her power.

It had become obvious to The British Bombshell that Floyd, a longtime ally and supporter of hers on the Board of Directors, had only dropped these rumors of a hostile takeover simply for his own personal gain and not out of the goodness of his heart to assist Glory Braddock. It was obvious to Braddock that Floyd had expected something in return for his assistance in toppling any potential hostile takeover, if one existed at all. Glory’s suspicions were confirmed when he had suggested that Glory run for Mayor of Charlotte, thus allowing him to take over the day to day activities of the company. That is what he wanted all along. He didn’t want to help Glory stay in power. He didn’t care about stopping a hostile takeover that was targeting Braddock. He wanted more power in the company, whether it was as CEO, Chairman of the Board, whatever. Floyd Ryan wanted to maximize power for himself.

Glory Braddock isn’t even certain a hostile takeover existed in the first place. For all she knows this was an invention from his manipulative mind. He knew Glory’s paranoia would react and force her to take action. He had hoped she would act rashly and without thinking put him in charge in order to protect her. But that was the old Glory Braddock. The new Glory Braddock took time to think everything through. She sought out advice from those closest to her; her friends, family, but most importantly her adoptive “mother”…Aphrodite Noel. Noel had warned her new “daughter” not to trust anyone when it came to corporate dealings, not even someone like Floyd Ryan who had supported her for a long time. Everyone in the business world has an agenda. It is a cutthroat and ruthless world and Glory must be equally cutthroat and ruthless in order to survive.

So when Glory learned that Floyd had connections to organized crime, she also learned that the FBI was investigating him as well, they just didn’t have any solid evidence to build a case against him and arrest him. Braddock agreed to allow the FBI to wire tap her room so that they could hear everything Floyd had to say. Glory tricked him into incriminating himself. Now Braddock herself, as well as her company, is safe from any potential fallout from a criminal investigation. She also eliminated a potential rival to her throne at the top of the company.

The British Bombshell hears footsteps approaching. She turns her head and sees a man dressed in a black and white suit approaching her from the left. This is her new butler, Jacob Samson; yes, the one and the same Jacob Samson who once dated her younger sister Julia Braddock. Jacob is the man primarily responsible for getting Julia hooked on drugs for a long time. The addiction was so bad that Julia prostituted herself in exchange for drugs for herself and Jacob. Julia eventually got clean but Jacob never did get out of trouble. Glory never forgot nor did she forgive him. This is her way of punishing Samson.

Jacob holds out a silver tray with a glass of wine on it. “Wine, Ms. Noel?”

“Thank you, Jacob.” Glory says with a grin as she takes the glass. She takes a sip. “Ah, delicious.”

“Is there anything else you need, Ms. Noel?”

“Yes. I am expecting a visitor soon. Her name is Aurora Alan. I imagine she suspects that Mother and I have reconciled, but she does not know yet that I have returned to my proper status as her daughter. She is not to know this. Understand?”

“As you wish…Ms. Braddock.”

“Good boy.” She winks. Just then the ringing of a bell is heard throughout the room. Glory arches her brow. “That must be her now. Go check the front door, Jacob.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Jacob turns to fetch the visitor, who Glory believes to be Aurora Alan. Yes, Glory Braddock has scheduled a meeting today with the minority shareholder of her company. Aurora Alan is the individual Floyd Ryan had accused of being involved with the coup to overthrow Braddock. Aurora is also the individual who found out that Floyd had connections to organized crime and let Glory know about it. Aurora Alan is as honest an individual you could ever meet and Glory knows this. She is nothing like her brother Matthew or even like Floyd Ryan, both of whom are in trouble with the federal government for white collar crimes. And Glory doubts someone as honest as Aurora Alan would be involved in a hostile takeover.

Still, Floyd has been loyal to Braddock. Just because he has criminal connections and was making a power play of his own does not mean he was lying about a hostile takeover. And Aurora does not have to be involved directly with it in order for the threat to be real. Floyd had warned Glory that a faction within the company wants Aurora in charge because of her familial relation to the founder of the company itself. She may not be actively pushing a coup but others could force her into power. Therefore Aurora Alan is still a threat and Glory must eliminate all of the threats to her power.

Braddock waits a few more moments. It isn’t long before Jacob returns to the living room. This time Aurora Alan is with him. She is dressed in a crimson red pencil skirt, black high heel pumps, and a black blouse. Aurora herself seems a little taken aback by everything while Jacob introduces her.

“Ms. Braddock, Aurora Alan has arrived.”

“Thank you, Jacob.” She nods her head. “You may go.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Jacob turns and makes his exit. Aurora still stands there looking somewhat stunned. Glory smirks as she motions to one of the chairs perpendicular to the sofa that she currently sits on.

“Don’t just stand there, Aurora. Have a seat.”

“Uh, yeah, sure…” Aurora hesitantly makes her way through the living room and towards one of the chairs. She sits down across from Glory, who still exudes confidence. “...you said this was very important and had to do with the company. I came as fast as I could…” Aurora suddenly stops and shakes her head “...sorry, I just can’t get this whole thing out of my head…”

“What’s bothering you, Aurora?” Glory asks curiously. “Should I call Jacob back in here and have him fetch you some wine?”

“That’s just it.” Aurora responds. “I just didn’t picture you as the type of person who would have a butler. How many do you have?”

“Just the one.” Glory answers. “His name is Jacob, Jacob Samson. I felt having a servant was necessary. I am a full time executive and a full time wrestler. I am on the road quite a bit and I do not get to spend nearly enough time with my children. It cost me a healthy relationship with my oldest, Melinda. I will not let my professional career disrupt my relationship with my youngest daughter, Dawn; nor will I let it keep me from my husband. Kurt should not have to stay behind and raise the children while I run from city to city, country to country, winning and defending championships.”

“I suppose it makes sense but it still doesn’t make sense.” Aurora shakes her head. “I have known you since you made your professional debut in 2008. You have always been so down to earth. No disrespect, but this just doesn’t seem like you.”

“You’re right.” Glory takes a sip of her wine. She sets the glass down and sighs. “At one point I would have hated all of this…the luxury, living like a queen…but I was a different person then. I was full of hope and joy. That person died the same day Maria Kurinsky died.”

“Your mother…”

“WAS my mother.” Glory states coldly. “She’s dead now. That old me died with her. The hope I used to have died with her. I now revel in my status as a wealthy, high class, person of power and influence. I am the owner of a large corporation. I am a successful seventeen time former world champion.” She holds up two fingers. “I am two championships away from being Supreme Champion in SCW. Why not enjoy the success that I have earned? And I refuse to let anything or anyone jeopardize that success or my position of power. Floyd Ryan found that out the hard way.”

“Floyd?” Aurora arches her brow out of curiosity. “Is that what you wanted to talk about?”

“Partially, yes.” Glory nods her head. “It turns out your information was spot on.”

“So he does have connections to organized crime?”

“Indeed he does. And the FBI was already onto him. They just didn’t have enough information to arrest him. They were very eager to talk to me about tricking him into self-incrimination.”

“I imagine they were. How did you pull it off?”

“I allowed them to tap my office. I arranged a meeting with Floyd. It took a bit of work but I managed to get him to admit to everything. The FBI will shortly prepare a case against him and have him arrested. With any luck, his niece Jamie will be arrested too. She was quite annoying.”

“What was he planning?”

“He wanted to use his criminal connections to get me elected to Mayor of Charlotte. In return, he would become Chairman of the Board and I would use my new political connections to help the company. So in essence, he wanted to bribe me into giving him control of the company.”

“Mayor of Charlotte, eh?” Aurora asks. Glory nods her head in confirmation as she sips on her wine again. “Honestly, with this new attitude you seem to be sporting, I am surprised you didn’t take him up on the offer.”

“Mayor? Please. I hate politics. Just look at the three ring circus that occurs every two years in this bloody hell hole of a country. I am a wrestler first and foremost and after that, I am a businesswoman. This is my company and it always will be. It will always be run the way I see fit. And I don’t need common criminals or thugs to get my way. I can throw my weight around and accomplish my desired goals through legal means…maybe not ethical, maybe not moral, but perfectly legal means.”

Aurora tilts her head to one side and stares skeptically at Glory Braddock. She hasn’t encountered this side of The British Bombshell before. She comes to the conclusion that something is wrong.

“What does this mean for me?”

“What do you mean, Aurora?”

“You said this company will be run the way you want it to be run. But I’m the Chief Executive. Your handpicked Chief Executive. Are you now going to force me out?”

“Don’t be so dramatic.” Glory shakes her head. “I am not going to force you out. I still need people like you, Silverstone, Francis Taylor, and others to manage the company in my stead, because as I said, I am first and foremost a wrestler. Once my active wrestling career is over then yes, I may come and force you and everyone else who doesn’t bend the knee to MY vision out of my way. Until then your job is safe and secure.”

“I am still Chief Executive.” Aurora stands up. “And I am an Alan. I didn’t want to pull that card but I run the company currently. If I don’t like your vision, I can use my influence over the board to change it.”

“Just as I figured.” Glory stands up, getting nose to nose with Aurora. “You were plotting against me.”

“I wasn’t plotting against you, Glory. I am on your side. But you are sounding more and more like a paranoid tyrant and if you start to abuse your power then I will not hesitate to abuse mine. I am well aware of the support my family has on the board of directors.”

“And you can be removed just like that.” Glory snaps her fingers. “Or instead I could put someone on the board to keep you in line.”

“You wouldn’t. Such a power play on your part would…”

“It would do nothing except keep you in line.” Glory smirks knowingly. “The move has already been made, Aurora. You are here because I wanted to tell you personally that you will fall in line and bend the knee or you will leave the company, selling you minority share back to me.”

“But you need me to keep the board in line, the board members who support my family.”

“Ideally having you to keep them appeased would be great.” She nods her head. “But I have other ways to control them. You are not as needed as you would like to think.” She points towards the door. “Our business is done, Aurora. Now please leave.”

“You…” Aurora shakes her head in disappointment “...you have changed.” Aurora turns and walks away. Glory watches with a look of satisfaction on her face. Floyd Ryan and Aurora Alan both pointed fingers at one another, accusing the other of plotting against Glory Braddock. Now Glory has successfully gotten rid of both of them. The threat is gone. Glory Braddock is back in complete control.

==========
January 18th, 2023
Columbus, Ohio
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll. We are in front of a blue SCW logo backdrop. This setting is empty for the time being. That emptiness does not last long. A few moments later and the clicking of heels across a concrete floor can be heard. Eventually we see Glory Braddock entering the scene from the right. The British Bombshell is dressed in a white pencil skirt, black patent leather high heel pumps, a ruffled black peplum top, and sunglasses over her eyes. Her long blonde hair hangs straight to past the shoulders. Confidence oozes from her beautiful face.

“I stand here in Columbus, Ohio…the dumpster of America…and I cannot help but be offended. First, why is it that I am forced to compete in this hell hole? Like I said, Ohio is the garbage pit of America. Which is really saying something considering this country, itself, has looked like quite the dumpster fire the past several years. But if you were going to put me in a match here on Breakdown in Ohio, it should be something worth my time.” She holds up two fingers. “I just lack two championships from being Supreme. The Television Title or the World Tag Team Titles. I suppose I could be the Underground Champion, that’s as good as the Television, but I don’t want to lower myself to that division if I can help it. Let that idiot Kim have the Underground if she craves it so damn badly.”

“I should be challenging for the Television Title. I have beaten our current champion more times than I can count. Our current champion has NEVER beaten me. I think I have more than earned an opportunity. Yet that Television Title Match is going to Chance Owens…a man whose only claim to fame thus far in SCW is coming up short when it matters the most. Chance Owens, a man who is known for choking in big match situations. Chance Owens, a man who is known for ruining my student’s big opportunity last week against Deanna Frost. That complete and utter failure is the man you are rewarding with an opportunity to become Television Champion?” Braddock shakes her head in disgust.

“How am I rewarded? I get chaos. I get a four way clusterfuck and only one of those individuals I have any reason to give a damn about, only one of them do I actually want to fight. I have no desire to compete against Bree or Adam. Let them tear the hell out of each other. Now Selena Frost?” The British Bombshell nods her head. “Yes, I can get behind that. She is a tag team champion. She has one of the two titles I need to become Supreme. But I would rather face her and beat her in a straight up one on one situation. Not this glorified brawl that will bear absolutely NO resemblance to true professional wrestling. This match doesn’t make any sense. None.” Glory rolls her eyes.

“Do you want to know the real reason why the braintrust at SCW decided to book this main event?” She pats herself on the chest. “Because of me. I am The British Bombshell. I am one of the best wrestlers in the world today. My name equals money. They know if they want a big time main event, they need yours truly in it. So who really cares about the fact that I have no desire to be in this match? Who cares that I would just assume sit this one out as opposed to dirty my hands in a chaotic four way brawl? Just throw Glory Braddock into the match for the sake of making money and drawing ratings. I get nothing out of this match. Absolutely nothing.”

“If I win, Bree is still Adrenaline Champion. Which is fine, because I don’t want that title anyway.”

“If I win, Adam still has his Trios Contract.”

“And IF I win, I still won’t get my tag title match, because SCW will find a way to protect Selena Frost and Deanna. That’s just what SCW does. They protect their favorites. So even if I win, I won’t get my opportunity.”

Braddock shrugs her shoulders. “What purpose does it serve me to compete? Why should I put myself at risk in what is bound to turn into a glorified street fight? Because I am a wrestler and a proud one at that. I am committed to this job and I am committed to SCW. Regardless of what you may think of me, regardless of what you may think of my new attitude, I am and always will be a wrestler’s wrestler, competing for the thrill of it, to test myself against the best, to see if I still have it.” A grin forms on her lovely face.

“Yes, I damn sure still have it. Despite reports of the contrary from certain people around this company, I am STILL The British Bombshell. I am STILL the same Glory Braddock that believes in the traditions of wrestling and what the spirit of competition is all about. I am STILL one of the absolute best wrestlers in the entire world today. And in a one on one scenario, I can beat all of you…I can beat Bree, Adam, and Selena in individual one on one scenarios. That isn’t arrogance, that is fact. I am that good and I know it. I have proven it time and again.” Braddock shakes her head.

“Unfortunately this is not a wrestling match. I have not been booked in a wrestling match. I have been booked in a glorified brawl; one that makes no sense whatsoever. One in which I gain nothing by winning. But I have absolutely nothing to lose, either. So I will show up in this dumpster fire of a city for Breakdown. I will compete because its my job and that’s what I do. Let the chips fall where they may.”
The Witches of Alden

”Purpose”

Pesca Boutique
New York City, New York
January 13th, 2023
1:42pm

“How about this one?”

The voice caught Selena’s attention, causing the Snow Queen to turn her gaze from the rack of clothes she had been going through on the rack by the far side of the small store. A second after hearing the voice, she heard the scraping sound of the rings against the metal rod, the curtain being pushed aside to allow Deanna to saunter out. Immediately, Selena’s eyes went wide and her mouth hung open a little at the sight. Within the small, yellow-painted walls of the street-level store, her wife stood there in a deep onyx plunge one piece.

“Oh wow…” came the voice beside her, Selena recognizing it but unable to look away as her mother, Alejandra VanHohenheim, stood beside her, a few inches shorter than Selena, her white and black hair catching in Selena’s peripheral vision, though the Snow Queen’s gaze was entirely on her wife.

“I know.” Deanna shrugged a little. “I so do not have the legs or boobs for this one.”

“Disagree.” Selena replied without meaning to, her shock giving way to the attraction she felt. What part of her brain still functioned could feel the warmth in her heart at that – that after seven years of marriage, she could still easily be attracted to her wife in such a way, even awestruck by her beauty. Biting her lower lip to hide her thoughts, Selena crossed her arms over her chest as Deanna shifted from foot to foot as she stood before the mother-daughter duo.

“Thoughts?”

“I mean…” Selena didn’t step closer, choosing to keep her distance to remain objective. “I preferred the green one.”

“Oh! That one was lovely!” Alejandra agreed, casting a quick glance at Selena at the memory of that particular swimsuit.

Yes, swimsuits in January. It sounded crazy, but Deanna had insisted on getting some new ones for the upcoming spring season. Truthfully, Selena was sure that she was doing this and roping the Snow Queen’s mother along just to distract the members of the House of Frost…

And the platinum-blonde was beyond grateful for that.

To say that the year had not begun as well as she had hoped would have been an understatement. She had royally messed up on her acceptance speech at the End of the Year, probably giving the shortest ‘thank you’ speeches for one of the most prestigious awards SCW had for the event, prompting her to give a few days later online. Then, she had rolled into the very first Breakdown hoping to make some kind of impact with the House of Frost, only to find SCW management scrambling over their own two feet regarding the abducted world title. In fact, amidst all the chaos and the Trios Tournament, she had barely managed to have a moment with Deanna to issue a challenge to The One for Body, Heart and Soul. 

And she thought about last Breakdown more than enough the past few days since…

When did it get so out of control… she had thought that thought so many times the last few days, and she didn’t have an answer. Was it when Adam had dropped the ball, and the world title, to Xander Valentine two shows into his reign? Was it so many superstars coming back to SCW, demanding their shots at titles including hers and the world title? Was it her fault? For letting Kim get past her in the battle royale during Nicole Kinneck’s ‘birthday party’?

She still wasn’t sure… but, perhaps for the first time, she felt things being so out of control… that she didn’t want to go to work this week.

That was the most frightening thing of all. Despite everything in SCW and in her personal life – the injuries, the pain, Deanna in prison, even Scythe and Killjoy – SCW had been her one place. The place that she had felt happy even when she couldn’t be. Where she felt she had purpose…

That feeling wasn’t there. And, if she were honest with herself, she hadn’t felt it ever since Rise to Greatness. The passion and desire were still there, but the purpose? How could she have it when she had gone from being the most dominant world champion in SCW history to being thrown from crisis to crisis. From protecting Nicole from Ravyn to protecting Ravyn from Luna to wandering through the tag division until getting a chance at the tag-titles, which was a dream, to basically being a third wheel to a feud with The One that truly belonged to her wife? And why not! Deanna deserved to have her own personal feud! She had done so well with Kimberly Williams, and this? The One? It was big! It was Pay-Per-View worthy! It was exciting and she was beyond proud to be supporting Deanna… but still… her purpose as “The Face of SCW”? What had happened to it?

It was a dark rabbit hole she had gone down with this mentality and Deanna had seen it, the redhead immediately acting and arranging this stroll through the streets of New York City with Alejandra while the kids were at school, the trio meeting near Times Square via the bus/subway system due to the horrid traffic conditions. Amazing that a bus was the same time frame of arrival as a car these days…

“How’s it going in there?”

Deanna’s voice broke Selena out of her thoughts, the Snow Queen immediately looking around the… suddenly small fitting room of the boutique. What the- when had she come in here? Casting her sapphire eyes down, she spied the material in her hand – when had she grabbed this?

Oh gods… she thought, managing to put the pieces together. Had she been so preoccupied in her thoughts that Deanna had shoved a bathing suit in her hands and ushered her into the room. It was amusing and sad at the same time. With a slow shake of her head, Selena eyed the fabric. It was black and silky, a regular two-piece bathing suit, but what drew her attention was the silken kimono that came with it. It was black like bathing suit, but was see-through and just gorgeous. Biting her lower lip in mild trepidation, Selena quickly shrugged out of her jeans, maroon sweater and underwear, slipping into the bathing suit before sliding the kimono over her frame. The material felt so smooth and comfortable against her pale skin.

“Selena?”
“Yeah.” Selena replied quickly to her wife’s call before stepping out of the dressing room. She, personally, didn’t like the large windows that stood at the front of the store, allowing onlookers to gaze in but she swallowed her discomfort, opting to emerge before her waiting mother and wife – hoping for the- 

She smiled knowingly, her lower lip still between her teeth as she saw Deanna, now back in her own street garbs, gawking at her.

“Oh, sweetie.” Her mother remarked with a smile. “That one’s perfect.”

“I agree.” The concurrence came from the boutique’s employee, the young lady (dressed in black pants and a blue sweater) tossed the hair on her half-shaved head back as she smiled at her customers. “The black compliments the pale skin and longer legs-“ Selena’s eyes roamed down to see her bare legs, the muscles long and nicely developed, though not bulging like some of the meatheads she worked with. “And the kimono does well to cover up the scars on the back and side.” She heard the girl remark, the words actually… stinging? That was weird. 

“We’ll take it.” Deanna quickly remarked, taking her wife’s arm and guiding her back to the changeroom. However, unlike the first time when she had just ushered Selena into the room and left her there, this time, the redhead turned her wife and tag-team partner around carefully, emerald eyes meeting Selena’s sapphire ones. “And just for the record.” She whispered so only Selena could hear. “I like your scars.” To emphasize the point, the shorter woman stood on her tiptoes to steal a kiss from the unsuspecting Snow Queen, though Selena caught on quick enough to give a soft peck in response before Deanna pulled away.

“I like yours.” Selena answered automatically, running a finger down the dark-green sleeve of Deanna’s sweater, against the recent ‘post-surgery’ scar she knew was there on her beloved. “Though I hate how you got it and who gave it to you.”

“We’ll deal with that when we can.” Deanna replied dismissively. “No work, remember?”

“Right, right…” Sighed the Snow Queen before disappearing back into the room, drawing the curtain behind her to change. She was quick but careful in removing the swimwear, actually finding herself excited for spring or perhaps the next time she and Deanna would travel as part of SCW or the supershows Selena had signed up for to warmer climates where she could wear this. The idea of walking along the beach with this attire, holding Deanna’s hand-

Her thoughts stopped as her eyes caught sight of the scars wrapping around her sides and lining her back. There were several of them, a web of long, marred skin, and despite herself, she couldn’t tear her eyes away, even when tears suddenly formed within her sapphire orbs.

Scars from her wars with Regan, with Xander, with Sienna – when she protected SCW. When she stood up for those that couldn’t defend themselves… 

When she had purpose…

Again, that feeling of emptiness and despair threatened to rear its ugly head, causing the Snow Queen to angrily swipe at her eyes with her hand. All she wanted was to have that again. That feeling of doing something worthwhile. Of being more than just an add-on to feuds or stepping stones for those that beat her in the ring. More than just a bragging chip for the insecure. Like she had been when she had reinvented the standard of-

“SELENA!” again, Deanna’s voice broke through the platinum-blonde’s thoughts.
“Yeah, I’ll be right out.”
“Please hurry!” It was only hearing that that Selena finally heard the sudden urgency in her wife’s voice. Before she could ask, however, Deanna’s voice rang out again. “Alejandra’s yelling at some people outside!”

Mom? Yelling…What the- The thoughts were a jumble as Selena clumsily shrugged into her underwear and clothes, her previous depressing thoughts temporarily forgotten as she threw on her shoes – having to stop after putting the wrong shoe on the wrong foot in her hurry – before rushing out of the changeroom and into the main store area of the boutique, her eyes wildly searching.

They found Deanna first, standing by the door and pointing just outside. There, she recognized her mother standing in the cold winter weather, surrounded by two people – one man and one woman.

The man was tall and broad, with dark skin like Alejandra while the woman had black hair and was a similar frame to Selena, though a bit taller. They both wore dark clothing and leather jackets and where had Selena seen them before-

The thoughts were abandoned as Selena marched towards the exit, the words from the trio outside growing louder with every step.

“We just want to talk to her and you-“ she heard the man say.
“Absolutely not!” Alejandra all but shouted. “I told you I wanted no part of this! It’s been forty damn years!”
“Yes.” Sighed the woman, running a hand through her hair. “But it’s unfair to keep this quiet from her and-“
“What part of ‘forty years’ was too complex?” Alejandra fired back. “I left that behind for a reason and I-“

“Mom!” Selena called out, stepping beside Alejandra to stare down the two strangers. “What the hell is going on here?” 

She was surprised to see the two people gaze at her not in annoyance but, rather, recognition. As if they had already seen her before – perhaps on TV?

“It’s nothing.” Alejandra tried weakly, and her response would have worked if not for the necklaces Selena saw on the man and woman standing before her. Necklaces that held a crest as a pendant. A crest with a bat, a crown and the letter ‘A’ on it. A crest she had seen before months and months ago.

“Who are these people?” she asked sharply, staring them, and Alejandra, down as she heard Deanna join her side. “Mother!” she barked harshly. “What is going on?”

“They’re…” the older woman tried, searching for something – anything – to tell her daughter, but ultimately failing. With a long exhale from her lips, the dark-skinned woman turned to her child with the saddest of eyes, as if they were screaming so many apologies that no one would hear. With a hand she gestured towards the two strangers.

“This is Sage.” She gestured to the woman. “And Caius.” Then to the man. “They are… my brother and sister.”

Selena’s eyes widened in disbelief, the growing suspicion she had at the sight of their crests now a full-blown realization. “Your…”

“That means…” Deanna tried as well, reaching out to grip Selena’s hand tightly with both of hers.

“Yes.” Caius answered. “We’re Selena’s aunt and uncle from the Alden family.” He smiled warmly, his eyes becoming moist with unshed tears. “And we have been wanting to meet you for so long, Selena… our niece.”

The Royal Letter

Dear True Believers and SCW Universe,

At the start of this month, I promised you all that I would go where you needed me to go. Where SCW needed me to go. Now, I’m still not entirely sure where that is beyond being a good tag-team champion and dealing with The One’s antics. I admit, that is something far more simple to be. A champion defends their title, don’t they? Isn’t that what I’ve always done? Defend what championship I hold with reverence and integrity? And a wife stands by her partner, yes? 

But I sort of knew that I would need to do all that. It wasn’t what I was meaning when I said I would go where I was needed. Yes, the tag-division needs more solid tag-teams but I will get to that at Body, Heart and Soul with my wife, Deanna. However, I also meant that as a singles wrestler. I know, sounds crazy, doesn’t it? After being roped into baby-sitting the squabbling Ravyn and Nicole Kinneck and holding the former accountable for her actions, after dealing with Lexy and the antics of the Farmstead Friends, and then the nonsense that was the Trios Tournament, it’s hard for some, even SCW itself it seems, to remember, hey! I’m a singles wrestler. Hey! I am the longest reigning world champion in SCW history!

But I have to admit, since Rise to Greatness, I’ve been a little listless in the singles category. Mostly putting out fires rather than returning to being what I was. “The Face of SCW”. One of the most dominant wrestlers in SCW. Setting the standard rather than spectating on things.

Last Breakdown, I sort of realized that. As I watched the match between my Deanna and Amelia Stone utterly dissolve into cheating and interferences. As I watched a fake SCW-title be thrown in and attempted to be used as a weapon. As I watched Amelia’s friend, and I thought mine as well, pull on the ropes to try and keep a rope break from happening…

You know, I have to admit, Glory, part of me wants to thank you for what I saw last Breakdown. Because hearing you yell at me regarding if I believed the words I said – the things I believe – seeing what you did and what you had trained Amelia to do…

It opened my eyes. 

It made me realize just how passive I have been since Rise to Greatness. Just how much of a ‘spectator’ I had been and how much I had let YOU get away with. Oh, I suspected. When you were United States Champion – and YES, that’s United States Champion you entitled, insecure little brat – and you told me that you were ‘just bringing integrity into the division’ like I did with the world championship, I stupidly believed you. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, despite every part of me suspecting otherwise. But I gave Adam Allocco a chance to be a worthwhile world champion. I was staying out of the way of Xander to see if he was the ruthless Executioner or if he was truly trying to ‘make his legacy better’. How could I not let you have the chance to prove your words.

If Breakdown proved anything to me, it was that THAT was a mistake. I should have challenged you then and there for the United States title and listened to you fumble and spin the narrative at how I am ‘unworthy’ or ‘undeserving’ of challenging for that title. I should have called you out to the ring and MADE you prove your words to me. I wish I had! Because maybe I could have spared SCW the mockery you put that title through.

Because you lied, Glory! You lied to my face! There was no integrity about you! There was no integrity about you as the United States Champion or in the title you carried or anything you did! You were using my beliefs, my words to hide your vile actions, and when I truly realized that last Breakdown, it made me sick!

Because I didn’t spend eight months fighting the best of SCW, bringing the standard up to a new height, giving the SCW roster something to truly believe in with the world title to have you use it as a mask! As a fascade for you to hide behind while you ‘picked your challengers’ and discredited the heart of some of the most amazing wrestlers to grace a ring! Bree Lancaster didn’t come back after having a beautiful baby boy to drown in that shit! 

You want to talk about integrity, Glory, THAT’S how you hold a title with integrity. A woman that came back, unsure of her place, but all she wanted to do was create a name for herself, a legacy that her son can be proud of. I CAN believe in that because I’ve looked into the eyes of my son and daughters. I know that feeling, Bree, that feeling of wanting to do right by them. Of being something they can aspire to. Take it from someone who knows. It is a wonderful, fulfilling feeling, and when we met again at the RTG pre-show, I could see that change in you. Genuine. Good.

So, when you say to me that you and Datura are gunning for the world tag-team titles, Bree, that doesn’t worry me. That entices me! The idea of facing you again? This new you? Driven, passionate as before but also filled with the need for integrity… I can’t help but be excited.

You… You also were part of making me open my eyes last Breakdown. You and Datura, Glory, The One – all coming for the tag-titles? And then Deanna’s match…

That was what I was waiting for! That was what I needed to see. I needed to see people WANTING to face The House of Frost. Wanting to face me. People showing their true colors like Glory and Adam Allocco. People like Amelia going to such tactics to try and win their matches. People like The One, promising change but bringing nothing but injury to superstars.

It all came to this realization: I have waited and watched for too long as a singles superstar, ladies. Waited for liars like you, Glory, to prove their words when they had no intention to. Waited too long for wrestlers of integrity like you, Bree, before challenging them. Waited too long for others to take the ball that I gave to so many and make something of it and utterly FAIL like Allocco! 

No more.

No more will I sit idly by and let that be the case. No more will I simply watch and observe the way things are while simply being a good tag-team champion. No… I am done simply watching.

I am coming into Breakdown, ladies, and I intend to remind you both who the hell I am! I intend to face three former world champions with my own list of SCW accolades - a list that dwarfs all three of yours - and show you exactly why that is! I intend to come into Breakdown no longer wishing to ‘watch’ but to, once again, set the standard for SCW! 

Because if no one else is going to raise the bar? If no one else is going to rise to the level of integrity and honor that I made in 2022? Then I will show you how it is done! And it starts in a few nights in Columbus, Ohio…

Where the Snow Queen comes off her throne and enters the battlefield like never before! Fighting like never before! Winning like never before!

Believing like never before…

Believe it, ladies… because, to answer your question from last Breakdown, Glory… I sure as hell do!

Sincerely,
Selena Michelle Frost
The Face of SCW
OOC: Special guest with approval.

-------------

Breakdown 1-19-23 #1
The Witches of Alden

”Alden”

VanHohenHeim Home
Maplewood, New Jersey
January 13th, 2023
3:42pm

Selena stood at the large window in the living room of her parents’ house, but her eyes weren’t on the small street the view overlooked. Instead, they were on her cellphone, eyeing the time at the top of the screen. It was past 3:30pm… The children would be coming out of school by now and instead of being there to pick them up, like she was supposed to, they had needed Gerda to fulfill that task. Instead, she was in her mother and father’s New Jersey home, standing near two strangers that were claiming to be her aunt and uncle.

The sound of footsteps were heard from behind her, causing the wrestler to turn in time to see a tall glass of lemonade being offered by her wife, Deanna, the redhead looking at her with an understanding expression. Gratefully, Selena took the offered drink, giving a silent and gentle kiss to the redhead's cheek before returning her attention to the interior of the room. To her right, the male stranger – Caius he had been called – sat comfortably in one of the chairs. Further right was the other stranger, the woman named Sage, who nursed her own glass of lemonade.

Casting her gaze to the other side of the room, Selena spotted her mother sitting in the chair she always used whenever Selena visited, her small stature seeming even smaller with the two extra people in the room.

“Someone better explain this.” Came the voice of Deanna, the redhead splitting the target of her statement to the three Aldens in the room, including Alejandra. For what it was worth, Selena was grateful to have her take charge, for she was at a loss for words. She had no reason to believe her mother was lying to her, which meant that Caius and Sage really were her aunt and uncle…

But why? As long as she had known her, meeting her in that New York hospital years ago, Alejandra had spoken very little about her family. It had always bothered the platinum-blonde. That there was a side to her family – a side to her -  that she did not know. She barely knew her brother, Jonathan and Alejandra’s son Peter, the boy estranged from his family and the Frost/Frostmere clan, aside from her father and late grandmother, had been nothing than a complete nightmare – a far cry to the image she had cultivated of ‘family’ thanks to her father and managed to preserve despite the efforts of the DeCarlos, Scythes, and Frostmeres.

But these people? The Aldens? They were a complete mystery that her mother had, seemingly, shut out – like Selena had to so many others in Nome in order to keep herself guarded and sane, cruel as the majority of residents in Nome had been to her and her father. There had to be a reason, she thought, breaking her run of thoughts as she heard her mother sigh.

“Mother?” Selena asked, gaining the older woman’s attention. “Did you know they were looking for me?”

She saw Alejandra open her mouth to speak before closing it. It took several moments before words were able to leave her throat. “Yes.”

The answer didn’t surprise Selena at this point, nor did it spike the expected feeling of betrayal in her, perhaps due to the shock. Whatever the reason, the Snow Queen merely nodded, feeling her wife shift a little to lean against her side, a comforting touch to keep the former world champion grounded.

“How long?” Deanna asked, taking over for her wife in this ‘interrogation’ and earning a sigh from the Alejandra.

“When Selena showed me that letter she received. The one with the crest for a stamp.”
“So since September?” Deanna asked in disbelief. “Why-“

“Because-“ Alejandra interjected, her eyes slamming shut as she tried to control the myriad of emotions racing through her. “We had just gotten past Killjoy- Celina, I mean – and things seemed to be heading toward some semblance of normal for you both. This couldn’t have come at a worse time. I just… I didn’t know what to do. If I wanted to bring that part of my past into your lives…”

“Couldn’t you have told me?” Selena tried, stepping around Deanna to sit beside her mother. “I mean, you know what family means to me.” She took her mother’s hand into her free one. “And after everything with the Frosts and Frostmeres, and then with my…” she struggled a little with the words. “My sister – I had always wondered since I met you about the Aldens. But you refused to tell me. And I never understood why.”

“Because she’s ashamed of us.” Sage replied, a hint of bitterness in her voice, her glare on Alejandra. “She chose to abandon us four decades ago – her brother and sister-“

“I didn’t mean to abandon you.” Alejandra pressed. “But I had no choice.”

“What do you mean?” Selena pressed before turning her eyes back to Caius and Sage. “And I would appreciate it if you let my mother tell her side of things before you chime in. This is still HER house and she is MY mother.”

That seemed to silence the irked woman, Sage sitting back in her chair and choosing to nurse and sip her lemonade to aid in her silence as Caius glared at her. Alejandra, meanwhile, slowly seemed to calm from her daughter’s defense, taking a deep breath before speaking.

“The Aldens – my family – were…are… at the time…” she tried, her words changing with uncertainties. “Gods, I have thought about this so many times. How I would tell you, what I would say, and now I can’t even do it right.” She laughed bitterly before feeling Selena’s hand tighten it’s affectionate hold on hers.

“Start from the beginning.” Selena tried. “Why are you three estranged?”
“Perhaps I-“ Caius started gently but a swift glare from Selena silenced him.

“Looking back at it all.” Alejandra sighed. “I think maybe I should have told you sooner. Because you would understand better than anyone else.” She explained to Selena, eyeing her daughter. “I mean…” she shrugged. “Stop me if you’ve heard this story… Girl is arranged to be married.”

Selena’s eyes widened in surprise. “No.” she whispered. “You can’t be serious.”

“I am.” Alejandra smiled sadly. “Like you, I was promised to a member of our clan.”
“Your clan?” Deanna asked without thinking.

“Aldens, some of them, often married into distant cousin families. It wasn’t law or binding or whatever but it was highly recommended. Strong blood and all that.”

“Wow…” Selena’s eyes widened, turning her head to Sage and Caius. “With my clan, it essentially equated to ‘don’t marry Nazis’.”

“Or members of the same gender…” Deanna grumbled under her breath, earning a gaze and knowing smile from Selena. “What? It’s true.” Deanna shrugged.

“Yeah…” Selena turned her attention to her the two visitors. “Fair warning about that. Married to a woman here. No homophobes allowed.”

“Perfectly fine.” Caius patiently replied with a raise of his hand. “Love is love.”

“Pfft. You say that now.” Alejandra whispered under her breath, though everyone heard it, causing her to raise her voice a little. “Where was that logic forty years ago?”

Caius gave no answer, merely sitting back in his chair as Selena placed her drink on the nearby table. “Mother, you were saying?” she tried.

“Right.” Alejandra sighed. “I was in high-school, wanting to be a doctor and all that, when I was told that I was going to be married as soon as I graduated. I don't even remember which cousin it was to anymore.”

“What is with you guys?” Deanna sighed. “The Frosts, now you guys? All these arranged marriages and whatever!”
“Deanna…” Selena tried. “I know, but let’s let my mother continue.”
“Right, right, sorry.”

“It wasn’t just that.” Alejandra replied. “But I was supposed to go into the family business and set up a family, basically what every other member of my family had done. I felt trapped, alone, and no one was willing to listen to me.”

“So, you ran away?”

“In part.” Alejandra sighed. “I quietly applied to Anchorage University, got accepted, and then told my family my plans, except for my location, of course. There was a huge fight-“ she lifted her head towards her siblings. “I’ll bet you both remember it.”

The glum looks on Sage’s and Caius’ face was all Selena needed to see for an answer.

“Even you two sided with our parents. Told me to just ‘do what they said’ and ‘they know best’. So, I left. I packed my bags and what little money I had and left. It was the last time I ever saw them.” She eyed the two Aldens. “They still alive?”

“Our mother is.” Caius answered. “Father passed about five years ago.”

“Good.” Muttered Alejandra under her breath, slightly surprising her daughter.

“So…” Selena tried to fill in the gaps. “You ran away to Nome.”
“And you know the rest.” Alejandra sighed. “What I don’t understand is how you found me.”

“It was really a matter of luck.” Shrugged Caius. “We always knew you were in Nome.” Alejandra’s eyes widened in surprise, earning a chuckle from the larger, dark man. “Blame our father. Anyway, we did lose track of you when you disappeared in 1989.”

“That’s when she was driven out of Nome by the Scythes.” Deanna chimed in, earning a nod from Alejandra.

“Well, again, father pooled his resources but the only name that came up that was of any note was Donovan Frost. Then when he disappeared as well, it seemed rather coincidental. Again, father burned through several resources to find him or you – and came up dry. Fast forward 15 or so years? And-“ his eyes flew to Selena. “This woman from Nome is talking about her father on television – a man named Donovan Frost. So, father starts looking into her – his ‘last attempt’ as he put it. And when Selena found you, Allie.”

“Don’t call me that.”

“Well, we slowly learned who you she was and, by extension, that it was you that was her mother.”

“Well, that sort of fills things in for now.” Selena finally spoke, turning her attention back to her aunt and uncle. “But that doesn’t explain why you are here. Have you come to bring my mother back? Because if-“

“No.” Caius shook his head. “We merely felt that you deserved to meet the other side of your family.”

The room was silent for a moment as the words settled in.

“That’s it?!” Deanna asked in disbelief. “All of this and you just wanted to play ‘family reunion’?”

“That’s it.” Caius shrugged. “Family is beyond important to us Aldens. That’s why what Allie- Alejandra’s-“ he corrected himself. “Actions hurt so much. And why we tried so hard to find her. Now? We don’t want to forsake another descendant of the Alden family. So, we wanted to extend an invitation to you, Selena, and to you, Alejandra, to learn – or reunite – and-“

“Pass.”

The answer came flatly, not from Alejandra, but from Selena, who stared down the two people and their shocked expressions.

“Look, maybe you’re a couple of nice people with some family squabble and nothing more.” She explained. “But the last time I looked into my ‘family’? I got stalked for years by a madwoman, threatened, almost killed, and my wife was falsely imprisoned in Germany. All because of my ‘family’. I am not putting us through anything like that EVER again.”

“But we’re not-“ Sage tried, but Selena swiftly cut her off.

“I bet you’re not. But I am not interesting in ‘rocking that boat’ if you get my meaning. Whatever is between you and my mother existed for a reason and I am in no position or desire to try and mend a forty-year grudge. Simple as that.”

“I see.” Caius sighed. “That is disappointing. I honestly thought someone as caring of family would leap at the chance to learn more – perhaps find more purpose in your life.”

The words cause Selena’s spine to stiffen. Purpose… that word that she had been tossing in her head for so long now. Something she had felt lacking in herself – less as a wife, mother, and tag-wrestler and more as an independent woman. Her earlier mental tirades came back for a flash before she pushed them back down. She did not want to think about SCW or anything like that right now.

“But I won’t force you.” Caius continued, pushing himself out of his chair. “However, should you or your mother change your minds, we will be around. And you have our contact information.”

Selena said nothing as the pair excused themselves, Sage taking a moment to cast a glance, almost hurt, at Alejandra before following her brother out of the house. With them gone, Selena gazed at her mother, still in her arms.

“I could have gone my whole life without seeing them again.” Alejandra whispered with a tinge of sadness and bitterness as she excused herself to head to her room, her last words meant to be a whisper, but inadvertently landing on Selena’s ears.

“Blasted witches…”

[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

”Never let a win get to your head…
Or a loss get to your heart.”

Yeah, there is a reason I’m doing a second promo here, and it centers around that. Around two people – a win and a loss.

Now, to be clear, I have lost big matches before. I have lost many big matches. Half of my ‘Match of the Year’ awards are centered around matches that I lost. Moments where I had to accept that I lost and move on. Moments where I failed, had to admit that, grieve for it, and then move on and learn from it. But like I said earlier, ever since I lost the world championship, I became somewhat listless.

I suppose, in that respect, I let that loss get to my heart. I didn’t know what to do or be without the world championship. I didn’t know where to go – I still don’t entirely know – but as I said, I also know that I can’t just ‘watch’ things anymore. I need to be back in the ring making a difference and setting a standard more so than ever before. But I admit, I let one loss get to my heart and slow me down for a short amount of time as a singles wrestler.

But I’d rather have done that than what you did, Adam Allocco. You’re the other side of this quote. You’re the guy that took one win and not only let it get to your head, but let it be your sole argument for months. Now, I’ll all for bragging about accomplishments. I mean, look at me, right? But my accomplishments are many and in every division and style. I’ll brag about knocking Xander out in minutes and winning every tournament one can win in SCW. I’ll brag about being the longest reigning world champion and beating Kelcey Wallace’s ‘Perfect Streak’. I’ll brag about being a three-time Female Wrestler of the Year and headlining Rise to Greatness twice over.

You? You beat alcoholism, Owen Cruze, and me at Rise to Greatness.

You wanna know how I know that? Cause two of those you’ve not shut up about since July. And for a while, Adam, I let it slide. I let you mock my catchphrase. I let you mock my abilities. Hell, seconds after you were named half of the “male wrestler of the year”, how did you save your ego? “I beat your Female Wrestler of the Year!” and I let that slide, utterly pathetic as you were.

Cause, really? I felt sorry for you, Adam. I felt sorry that you needed that one win so much. I mean, seriously? Your ‘big win’ how did that go? Oh, right. You don’t want to talk about it, right? The one where you were beaten and laid to waste two weeks into the SCW season and lost the title – the reign you promised to last ‘for a long time’ over and done within the blink of an eye. How you won half an award that I undisputedly won in my category. How you failed in the chamber but because you beat Owen weeks prior and me months before that, you’re the ‘only candidate for the world title shot’, right?

Yeah, Adam, I beat Owen Cruze weeks before before Rise to Greatness, remember? Know why I don’t brag about that? Because one win doesn’t define a person, no matter how hard you try.

I felt sorry for you, Adam. Sorry that half an award, a third of a Trios Tournament win, one of the shortest reigns in SCW World title history with zero successful title defenses, and second place in a chamber match and all you could do to try and cover that up is “I BEAT SELENA FROST!” over and over again. Show after show, promo after promo, pay-per-view after pay-per-view.

But now? Seeing what you do? Attacking Syren for no reason other than to ‘hedge your bet’? Mocking Kandis’ rightful claim to a world title match? I don’t like her at all but she sure as hell deserves a chance after an injury prevented her from facing me! Proclaiming no one else is more deserving for a world title rematch than you? Why? Because you beat me once, right?

Yeah, Adam, my pity for you? It’s changed. Because now I’m tired of it. I’m tired of you using me to hide the reality just like Glory has. I’m tired of you acting like you’re the megastar of SCW because of one win. I’m tired of you using my name to try and mask months of shortcomings, failings and, even, beatings where SCW management is saving your ass from Xander.

And I’m tired of you trying to tie my name to yours to keep you afloat in this federation.

So, here’s the truth, Adam. The full, honest truth. Your win? Wanna know why it’s impressive? Because of me. Because I’m the one that nobody else could beat. I’m the one that held this company up while you kept coming and going. You sauntered in and got into the RTG main-event but it was ME that was making it ‘Unbelievable’. It was my work and my reign you stood to break. And you did, but had I of been Ace Marshall or Giovanni Aries or any ‘new champion’? No one would remember what you did, no matter how many times you shouted it. But because it was me? You made history.

Your biggest selling point, Adam? Will be forgotten in a year’s time. Will be merely a footnote in the bigger picture of Selena Frost making history as the longest reigning world champion SCW has ever seen. Not even Xander could do what I did. Cause who beat Syren to end her long reign? Who beat Xander to end his? Without looking it up, I’ll wager you couldn’t tell me.

I don’t need you, Adam, and I am tired of you needing me. I am tired of you using me. Just like I’m tired of you dragging the integrity of SCW back down to your level of ‘asshole’ or whatever you want to call it just because you can’t compete on that same level as you did on Rise to Greatness continuously.

That’s why tonight is so important to me, Adam. When it’s over? Nothing will change in the grand scheme. Bree will still want to be a tag-team champion with Datura, Glory will still want the tag titles for her Supreme Championship feat and you will still be an asshole and go on to cash-in your Trios at Retribution for another shot at the world title. I’ll go on to defend the tag-titles at Body, Heart and Soul. Nothing truly changes in the SCW plan. Hell, I’ll wager in a year’s time – maybe by next week or next month – few will even remember who won this match.

But you will.

You will remember this night, Adam. You will remember it as your ears fill with the song by Ava Max, as you look up at me kneeling over your beaten form, as I smile and I stare into your eyes, you will remember that look and remember these three words.

“I beat you.”

And every time you open your mouth to brag? To use me as your ‘ego pick-me-up’? To downplay who and what I am simply because you can’t compete at the consistent level of integrity and ability I have? You’ll hear my voice in your head saying those same three words.

“I beat you.”

And, like you alluded to Kandis, when you go to Retribution and you get your shot at the world title? Let’s say you even manage to win it, Adam! As you stand there, holding it, looking down on it, remembering all the times you argued for it with “I BEAT OWEN! I BEAT SELENA FROST!”, you’ll remember tonight, me smiling at you, maybe even flipping you off like before, and those three words.

“I. Beat. You.”

You’ve taken enough from my work and my name, Adam Allocco. Tonight? I’m taking it all back from you. Whether you like it or not.

Believe it!
OOC: Pardon any coding errors, I coded quickly. Good luck everyone!

-------------------

Breakdown 1-19-23 #2