Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Glory Braddock vs. Bree Lancaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, April 12, 2023
1 of 2
======

==========
April 10th, 2023
Southampton, England
Off Camera
==========

Kimberly Williams promised to rain down chaos upon the entirety of Supreme Championship Wrestling with her Trios Cash In. Chaos is what she promised and she certainly delivered. Insanity ruled the day in what was an iron person match that lasted the entire duration of Breakdown, most of the SCW roster going to war in Underground Rules trying to secure as many falls as possible, all with championship gold on their mind. Most saw it as the forbidden fruit; the opportunity to let greed take over and embrace their worst possible nature in order to obtain championship glory. Others refused to take part out of principle. Then there was The British Bombshell who looked at this not as a selfish opportunity to obtain another championship, nor did she view as this as garbage to be avoided at all cost. Glory viewed this as a challenge, a way to test herself in what was most definitely the most difficult test of her wrestling career. She went into the match as the defending Television Champion, and with every title on the line she would have to place in the top seven in order to walk out with a championship, and that would be incredibly difficult with the amount of talent in this match. This wasn’t a selfish, materialistic quest. This was an opportunity to challenge herself. It is the same view she has for going after the Supreme Championship. It isn’t merely an opportunity to add another notch on her belt, it is an opportunity to test herself, to see if she measures up to the elites who have come before her in Supreme Championship Wrestling. And in that one night of chaos, Glory Braddock had built momentum and she was feeling very good about her chances to at least defend her Television Title successfully, or maybe even upgrade, maybe even become one half of the tag team champions and secure the long sought after Supreme Championship status.

The thing about chaos is that it is truly unpredictable. Perhaps The British Bombshell would have secured the necessary number of falls to place in the top seven, to walk away with a championship around her waist, and maybe even to achieve Supreme Championship Status. Unfortunately it did not happen, and it was not entirely due to lack of trying on Glory Braddock’s part. Sure, she will accept partial responsibility. Yet the fact that remains that for a good portion of the match she was locked up in a ridiculous looking crate thanks to Polly Playtime and her Playgirls. Glory has certainly had her issues with The Playgirls for quite some time now, so she expected to have to confront them in the match at some point. She even expected them to try and cost her a championship in this match. What she didn’t expect was for them to try and perpetrate something that is damn near criminal. All in the name of pettiness and revenge. All in the name of stopping Glory Braddock from getting any more falls. Needless to say, Braddock ended up not only losing the Television Title but also walking away empty handed. Lucky for her, per the stipulations in the Trios Cash In, the champions will get rematches. Thus Glory Braddock will get her SCW Television Championship rematch on Breakdown from Seattle, Washington. Braddock is no championship hog. Still, she wanted to defend the Television Title to the best of her ability and losing it the way she did hurt, it stung, and she wants another crack at the title, another opportunity to end her TV Title run the way she wants and not the way dictated by someone else.

Regaining her coveted Television Title will not be easy. It is currently held by Bree Lancaster, the sixth place finisher in Kimberly’s chaotic Trios Cash In Match. Glory has history with Bree, from their brief time working alongside Sienna Swann to Glory Braddock capturing the SCW World Championship from Bree as a result of Ace Marshall’s Trios Cash In. This, however, will truly be a fair fight. This will be for the Television Title. And Braddock knows she will have to be at the top of her game in order to outwrestle Lancaster.

It is a good thing that she is still on her temporary stay in London, England, her childhood home. For it is here at her father’s wrestling school where she finds the energy and determination, the will to keep pressing forward against any and all challenges and challengers. The Braddock Wrestling School is her inspirational and motivational focal point. Whenever she needs a reason to keep pressing on, she finds her way back here. The British Bombshell currently finds herself walking back and forth in front of a group of students, all of whom have that same dream she once had; to be a wrestler. While they are all dressed in their workout gear, Braddock is not here to train, and thus is dressed in a flowing pink midi skirt, an ivory v-neck top, a cream button down cardigan, and low heeled sandals. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail in the back. The school’s trainer, Mark O’Brian and Randall Williams, are standing nearby watching on as Glory teaches the students a very important lesson.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles….do you know who said that?”

“Sun Tzu.” One female student says. “Ms. O’Brian quotes him a lot.” The group starts to laugh. Even Mark and Randall crack a smile. Glory Braddock nods her head in agreement. She knows her good friend Sophie all too well.

“Yes, my good friend Sophie does seem to have Sun Tzu memorized like a bloody book. But his teachings are applicable to just about everything, not just military, but also this sport that you lot wish to become a part of. So you’d do well to listen, alright?” She pauses and stares at the female student who just nods her head meekly. Glory grins. “Very good. Well, Sun Tzu went on to say that if you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. Worse case scenario is if you know neither the enemy nor yourself, because then you will succumb in every battle.” A male student raises his hand. Glory acknowledges him. “Yes, you in the back.”

“Uh, yes, Ms. Braddock, is that why you lost the SCW Television Title?” He asks with a smirk. Mark O’Brian, Glory’s friend and trainer, begins to walk threateningly towards the youngster but Glory holds him back.

“It’s ok, Mark.” Braddock says. Mark reluctantly backs off. Glory approaches the student. “I suppose you’re right, I did not know my opponents and therefore I suffered defeat. Then again, as chaotic as that match was, is there any way I could have known my enemy? It was open invitation. Anyone and everyone who wanted to participate could if they wanted to, so long as they were signed to an SCW contract. Yes, I lost the SCW Television Title, but I lost it in a match that was damn near impossible to prepare for. I’m not making excuses by any means, I’m just stating a fact. But I’m glad you brought that up…uh…what’s your name, kid?”

“Rocky.”

“Yeah, Rocky. I’m glad you brought that up because that is another fine lesson you lot should learn. Always be prepared for anything. There are some things you cannot predict and you cannot expect so always be ready for anything. I had no way of predicting that Kim Williams would use her Trios Cash In that way against every reigning champion in SCW. And even though I had a couple of weeks to prepare, I still had no way of predicting that I would be ambushed the way I was.”

“You were locked in a crate!” Rocky says with a laugh. The rest of the students laugh as well. Glory laughs too and nods her head.

“So I was. Like I said, I wasn’t prepared and it bit me in the ass. You can’t predict everything so you just have to be prepared for anything, you have to expect the unexpected.”

“Does that mean you’re gonna be prepared just in case you get locked in a crate again?” Rocky says. The rest of the students do not laugh this time. They recognize that he is walking on thin ice. Despite the grin on Glory’s face, everyone can tell that deep down inside she is fuming. Inside, she has some mean plans. The British Bombshell notices out of the corner of her eye that her younger sister, Julia Braddock, has just entered the school.

Like Glory, Julia is also not prepared for any training this afternoon. She had already set aside time today to meet with her sister and talk. Julia is dressed in a sky blue mini lace dress with an applique corset bodice, a strapless sweetheart neckline, and a matching sky blue blazer, perched atop strappy sandals. Glory winks at Julia before turning her attention back to the upstart student Rocky. It is now time to drop the hammer on Rocky.

“Of yes, Rocky. I will be prepared for that next time. Just like you lot should be prepared for the run you just bought yourself and the rest of the students here today.”

“Huh?” Rocky asks. Glory nods her head.

“That’s right. You get to run.”

“How many miles? Errr, how many laps?”

“Well that depends.”

“Depends on what?” Rocky asks. Glory shrugs and motions to Mark O’Brian.

“You run until Mark decides you’ve run enough.” Glory states. Mark grins devilishly. Rocky gulps and the rest of the students glare at him with death daggers in their eyes.

“But Mark doesn’t know when to make us quit!”

“How unexpected, eh Rocky?” Glory smirks. She turns to face Mark. “Mark, they’re all yours.”

“My pleasure. On your feet, you rotten pieces of crap!” The students groan as they stand up and follow Mark towards the track to begin their run. Glory Braddock folds her arms over her chest and smirks knowingly as she watches the torture begin. It has been far too long since has participate in any lessons with the students of this wrestling school. She was part of the original class of students at the Braddock Wrestling School and now she owns it. She used to be a trainer herself but her active wrestling career and active business career has taken up so much of her time that she cannot devote to this school. She has relied so heavily on her friends, on Mark and Randall, to keep the training up. Even Mark’s sister, Sophie, will occasionally contribute. There is still one other person who contributes once in awhile, but not as often as she would like because she, like Glory, is very busy with an active wrestling career; her sister, Julia Braddock.

The British Bombshell turns and then makes her way over towards her office door where she finds her younger sister, Julia Braddock, waiting on her arrival. As Glory approaches Julia opens up her arms and the sisters embrace in a tight hug.

“You enjoyed that.” Julia says, motioning towards the students who are now in a full on sprint, and are being shouted at and yelled at by an enraged Mark O’Brian. Glory smirks and nods her head.

“Damn right I did.” Glory pushes her office door open. “Come on inside, let’s talk.” Julia nods her head and follows her older sister inside the office. Glory walks over to her desk, a rarely used desk that has begun to collect dust. In fact, much of this office has begun to collect dust ever since Glory moved from London to Miami full time. Glory sits down at her desk and Julia sits down nearby.

“I gotta admit, Glory,” she wipes her finger across the desk to collect some dust and display it for her sister to see “this office is beginning to look the way it did when dad was still alive.”

“You’re right.” Glory says with a light bit of laughter. “Dad never did like using this office. Hell, he barely set foot inside this office. He preferred to be in the thick of the action. He preferred to be inside the ring.”

“Of course he did. Remember why he opened this school in the first place.”

“Yes, he couldn’t stand being told that his back injury would make it too dangerous for him to wrestle ever again, he did not want to be told that he could never wrestle again. If he had to retire from active competition then at least he would be an active trainer. So he never hired anyone else for this school. He did all of the training by himself. Which was why it never grew very much. That’s why it remained very small in comparison to some of the other wrestling schools.”

“It was his passion.” Julia answers. “And as passionate as he was, I have to admit that I am glad you changed things when you took over. You hired Randall, Mark, and Sophie to assist with the training. The more trainers the more students you can enroll, the more students you can train, the more this place can grow and has grown since you took over.” Julia smile warmly. “You’ve done a hell of a job, Gloria. And I am glad to see you taking a more hands on approach with the school.”

“Don’t get used to it.” Glory shakes her head. “I won’t be around much longer.”

“Are you leaving already?”

“I have to.” Glory insists. “I need to get back stateside. This constant running back and forth from England to the United States for SCW appearances is becoming a real pain in the ass. Besides, I already accomplished what I came here to do. I made peace with the legacy and memory of our father.”

“Have you?” Julia asks skeptically. Glory nods her head.

“Yeah. I mean, dad’s best mate Uncle Blake said it best; dad was at his worst only when he started taking things too seriously. I need to take the business seriously but I cannot allow myself to become toxic. I have to remember why I wrestle; I do it because I love it, because I am passionate about it. Our dad was a great man. He was one of the best amateur wrestlers in the world. But no one is perfect, not even him, and not even me. I need to try and remember that myself.”

“I’m glad to hear that you’ve had such a grand epiphany.” Julia says with a smirk on her face. “You always used to attempt to be little miss perfect, even now. But I’m curious if you’re beginning to celebrate just a little too early.”

“Oh come off it, mate.” Glory scoffs.

“I’m being serious, Gloria. I don’t say this to be mean or to try and keep you here longer, although I admit I do enjoy your company. Bonding with you has been great.”

“Then what are you getting at, Julia?”

“I got a glimpse at your notes. You know, the notes for your lesson to the students today? You taught them Sun Tzu. Just like Sophie. What was that quote again? If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles…”

“Yeah, yeah, I know it.” Glory rolls her eyes. “I literally just said it. What of it, mate?”

“I don’t think you chose that particular quote by accident. Face it, this past year you have been confused, you haven’t been sure of yourself, of your own identity. Let’s rewind the clock to 2008, when you made your professional debut in GDW. You proudly upheld the Braddock name. You constantly bragged about being a Braddock. Lately you haven’t been so proud of your family heritage.”

“Right, but like I said I came here and dealt with our father’s memory.” Glory shrugs her shoulders. “I’m good now.”

“Are you?” Julia asks, still skeptical despite Glory’s insistence. “You may be ok with our father’s legacy, you may have made peace with the Braddock legacy, but about the Kurinsky family name? When dad passed away you dealt with it normally. There was grief, sure, but you handled it ok. When our mom passed away, you couldn’t handle it. You took everything…our father’s legacy, our mother’s legacy…you threw it all away and ran into the arms of our other ‘mother’ Aphrodite Noel.”

“Julia, don’t…” Glory shakes her head furiously. She does not want to hear this right now, it is bringing back bad memories that she was trying to forget about. Unfortunately her sister is having none of it.

“You just wanted to numb the pain, Glory. Instead of dealing with our biological mother’s death, you went and allowed accepted Aprodite’s offer to adopt you just to numb the pain rather than actually deal with the pain.”

“A bit hypocritical aren’t we?” Glory asks, pointing an accusatory finger at Julia. “Aphrodite adopted YOU first and you were oh so willing to rush to her arms, yet you accuse me of of doing the same bloody thing you did? Hypocritical.”

“You’re right, Aphrodite adopted me first, and I went to her just as willingly as you did, but I did so because I genuinely love her as if she were my mother, and she loves me as a daughter. She loves you as a daughter, Glory, but I have to ask, did you rush into her open arms because you love her or because you just needed something…or someone…to fill the void left behind by our mother? Did you go to her because you wanted her to numb the pain?”

“How dare you ask that!” Glory exclaims.

“I’m sorry to be so blunt.” Julia sighs. “I mean, I want to believe you’re sincere. Yet, at the same time I want you healthy, I want you to be mentally and emotionally healthy. So it’s important to know if you’re doing this out of love or if you’re just using her to avoid problems you’d rather not deal with.”

“So you don’t think I’ve dealt with the passing of our mom? That it?” Glory asks. Julia shakes her head.

“No, that’s not it, it’s just that…”

“Look, Julia, I know you mean well, I really do, but I cannot deal with this right now.” Braddock rises up out of her chair and slowly walks towards her office door. She places her hand on the doorknob and stops, she sighs. “This week I get my Television Title rematch. And it’s against one of the best to do it in SCW. It’s against Bree Lancaster who, just so happens to be the newest Supreme Champion, which is the same goal I am looking to reach. This match is very important for me to prove that I belong in that elite class.”

“Don’t use her as an excuse for avoiding a difficult subject.” Julia remarks. “You’ve beaten her once before. That proves you belong. Hell, you’ve won every major title in SCW except the tag. That proves you belong.”

“Says you.” Glory shakes her head. “But not me. I still to prove something to myself and I can’t do that here listening to you fill my head with nonsense.” Glory opens the door and exits before Julia can even respond. She shuts the door behind her. Julia watches and sighs with disappointment. Has she pressured her older sister too much? Perhaps. But she only wants to make sure that Glory is healthy, both mentally and emotionally healthy. Glory insists that she is perfectly fine but Julia isn’t certain.

Has she pushed Glory too much? Time will tell.
2 of 2
======

==========
April 11th, 2023
London, England
Off Camera
==========

It is a dark, starry night just within the city limits of London, England; specifically the Braddock family home. Glory Braddock and her sister Julia Braddock grew up here, they were raised here, many of their memories, both good and bad, are contained here in this formerly modest now quite large modernized English home. While The British Bombshell remembers this home the way it used to be, she has a difficult time seeing it for the way it is now. Upon his death, Glenn Braddock left this home to his two daughters. Glory, who had already moved to Miami, Florida by this time, sold her half to Julia who took it and did major renovations upon the home, adding another level, expanding this home from the small quaint place it started as and forming it, molding it into a much more luxurious place to stay. Now much of what The British Bombshell sees is quite unrecognizable to her; for instance, the balcony that she finds herself sitting on as she stares out at the starry, moonlit night in London. This balcony is brand new. Grizzled, old veteran Glenn Braddock never would have had such a thing in his home. It has become a fixture to the home ever since his youngest daughter Julia took over the place. Still, while it may seem strange and unusual, Glory is quite pleased that this balcony is here. This addition gives her the opportunity to sit and relax in the quiet of the night, alone with nothing but herself and her thoughts. And that is exactly what she is doing on this night, dressed in long pink silky pajama bottoms and a pink t-shirt, sitting in a chair overlooking the London sky.

One particular thought running through her head is the SCW Television Championship Match she has for Breakdown this week. Tomorrow she will be catching a flight out of London and right into Seattle, Washington, hopefully in time to check into her hotel room and rest up before Breakdown the next night. She will be challenging Bree Lancaster in an attempt to regain the TV Title she lost as a result of Kimberly Williams’s Trios Cash In. The championship match is imminent, and she has done all of the preparations she can. All that remains is to see if she can defeat Bree. She did it once before in what would be considered unusual circumstances, during Ace Marshall’s Trios Cash In, but now in a normal scenario, Glory must win again if she wants to regain her championship.

Another thought weighing heavy on the mind of The British Bombshell pertains to why she came back to London in the first place. Glory Braddock had returned to her birthplace in an attempt to figuratively wrestle with the legacy of her father. She wanted to grapple with what it meant to be a Braddock, what that legacy really meant, particularly to her. She admits, and has admitted publicly, that she got off track, she lost her path, and she needed to regain her focus. She needed to be reminded of who she really is and what she is all about. Braddock was convinced that she had achieved this and was prepared to return to Miami as if everything was back to normal. But then she was confronted by her sister Julia who insists that Glory has confronted all of her demons. The British Bombshell wants to think Julia is wrong. She wants to believe that everything is ok and she can just move on with her life. But the thought is nagging in the back of her head; what if Julia is right? What if Glory still has unresolved issues she needs to deal with?

Braddock’s inner thoughts and contemplation are interrupted when she hears the sliding glass door that leads from the inside of the bedroom outside onto the balcony. It slides open and Glory turns her head around just in time to see her sister Julia emerging. Julia is wearing sky blue shorts and a plain white t-shirt. A warm smile is on her face as she pulls up an empty chair and sets it down next to Glory. Julia sits down and motions to the sky.

“Enjoying the view?”

“Yeah.” Glory nods her head. “It’s beautiful.”

“It is, isn’t it? Whenever I have a problem that I’m dealing with, I like to come out here at night and think. Just relax and think. Some might call it meditation.”

“Whatever you want to call it, it works.” Glory says. Then she looks at Julia and smirks. “You gotta admit though, dad would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what you did to this place.”

“I admit that I did quite a bit of remodeling and renovations to the place ever since you signed over the home to me. I expanded it a little.”

“A little? Mate, this was a one story home and was just BARELY big enough for you, me, mom, and dad. Now it’s huge! Big enough to host an entire bloody army!”

“You’re exaggerating.” Julia insists. “Besides, I think dad would have grown to like it.”

“Dad would have hated it.” Glory scoffs. Julia chuckles softly and nods her head.

“Yeah, you’re right. He would have hated all of this. Still, despite that, this balcony is a good place to sit and think, isn’t it?”

“Of course it is.”

“So, what are you thinking about?” Julia asks. Glory sighs.

“The Television Title Match for one.”

“Yeah. Bree will be tough to beat but you can do it. You beat her once before.”

“That was a gauntlet match.”

“Still, she came out fresh as a daisy after you had quickly disposed of Asher Hayes. So she was one hundred percent, you were practically one hundred percent, and you beat her clean.”

“It doesn’t matter, it’s still different.” Glory shakes her head. “Also…” her voice trails off.

“What?”

“I thought about what you said to me yesterday.”

“Look, about that…” Julia starts to talk but Glory cuts her off.

“You and I both know that dad never really wanted a daughter. That isn’t to say he didn’t love us. But he had his heart set on a son and he ended up with two daughters. Still, he loved his immensely in his own way. And we have carried on his wrestling legacy in our own way. But our mom was a different story…” Glory sighs deeply “...she ran away after the divorce. She didn’t put up much of a fight at all to gain custody of us. She practically let Glenn have us while she moved to Massachusetts to live near her sister, our aunt Kelly. And I think we can both agree that is what affected us the most. It wasn’t our father and him pressuring us to follow in his footsteps, pressuring us to be great. It was that act by our mother and us viewing it, rightly or wrongly, as a betrayal, as abandonment…those feelings gave an opening for Aphrodite Noel to get into our minds.”

“You’re right.” Julia nods her head. “But do you regret Aphrodite entering our lives?”

“Do you regret it?” Glory asks, sending the question back to Julia.

“How could I regret it? I was addicted to drugs and going on a downward spiral that would have ended my career before it even got started and eventually would have killed me. You remember how bad off I was. I allowed my then boyfriend to pimp me off for drug money. It was awful. But Aphrodite got me clean, she got me off the drugs, and she paid off the debts I owed the drug dealers. All she wanted in return was for me to become her heir, to take up her mantle as a Noel.” She sighs. “I knew what she was asking sounded crazy and I knew you and dad would think I was betraying you, but I really wasn’t. I just knew I would have been dead without her. If all she was asking was for me to change my name, then why the hell not? She did so much for me and I owed it to her. I loved her for it.”

“Remember when I purchased the rights to Global Championship Wrestling in 2012?” Glory asks. Julia nods her head. “Well, early on I nearly had lost everything. Business was definitely not my forte. Fighting someone toe to toe in a ring is one thing but fighting corporate and political battles was new to me. I was being eaten alive. Aphrodite taught me everything I needed to know about how to survive and even thrive in the world of business. She saved my company.”

“Is that why you also took her name?” Julia asks.

“I didn’t agree to let her ‘adopt’ me for the same reason you did. You played into her fantasy because you loved her. I played into her fantasy because I loved you.” Upon hearing Glory say this, Julia’s eyes grow wide in an expression of shock.

“Me?!” Julia asks. Glory nods her head.

“Yes, you. I saw how serious you were, how wrapped up you were. You were wrapped around her finger, mate. So if you were going to put yourself through that then so would I. I didn’t want to be separated from my sister.” Glory smiles warmly with tears forming in her eyes. “I love you, Julia.”

“Love you too, sis.” Julia says. Then she sighs and composes herself. “But uh, let me get this straight. You never really loved Aphrodite?”

“Not at first, but I grew to really care about her.” Glory insists. “I was in denial at first but I realized eventually that I really did want to be a part of that Noel family you and Aphrodite created for yourselves, even if it meant betraying our mother…” Glory’s voice trails off.

“You didn’t betray anyone or anything.”

“Maybe not, but I do feel as if I missed out on so much of my past. What I know about how to wrestle, how to fight, all of that comes from our dad. What I know about to thrive in the corporate world and even how to survive backstage politics comes from Aphrodite. Both of them taught me so much. But what do I get from our mother? I spent little to no time with her before she passed away.”

“I get it now.” Julia says with a glint in her eye. She wraps an arm around her shoulder. “You need to know something…”

“Anything.” Glory says, agreeing with her sister. “I just need to know something, anything, so that I can finally appreciate my entire past. I mean, I’m not just a Braddock. I am a…”

“Kurinsky.” Julia says. “Our mother was a Kurinsky and so are we. If you want to learn about that family tree, there’s only one place to go.’

“Where’s that?” Glory asks.

“Massachusetts.”

==========
April 13th, 2023
Seattle, Washington
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll and we open to a visual of the Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington. The grandiose modern multi-purpose venue looms large out in front while the camera is at the foot of a set of stairs, several levels of stairs that ultimately lead up to the front entrance of the arena. After a few brief seconds of taking in this grand visual a figure steps out into the center of the scene; “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock. The beautiful blonde is dressed in a knee length royal purple pencil skirt, a black silk blouse, and a matching royal purple women’s business blazer that goes over the blouse. She is perched atop patent leather black high heel pumps. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. A look of confidence is written across her face.

“There was a lot of talk heading into that night of unrelenting chaos Kimberly Williams unleashed upon everyone with her Trios Cash In. There was also a lot of complaining after it was all said and done. I won’t go and call out anyone, because God knows I have done my own fair share of complaining during my career, but as I now enter my fifteenth years as a professional wrestler, five of which was a part of Supreme Championship Wrestling, I realize that complaining doesn’t help. Complaining isn’t worth it and really, at the end of the day, it just makes you look like a twat. Am I disappointed that I lost the SCW Television Championship in that chaotic Trios Cash In? Damn right I am. But I knew the risk going in, I knew the barbarity of Underground Rules, but let’s face it, Underground is not my forte, it is not my strength. The only person I blame for not walking out with gold is me. I did not get the job done.” Braddock points a finger at the camera. “But make no mistake about it, I haven’t forgotten about Polly Playtime and her Playbitches. I haven’t forgotten about being locked in that bloody crate. And you can call it an excuse or what, I don’t care, but I know that I might have earned another fall or three had it not been for those brassers putting me in that damn crate.” She shakes her head.

“You were just an annoying little pissant, Polly. You were just a nuisance. I never really hated you, to be perfectly frank. But after what you did, now its personal. You stepped over the line and at Playing the Wildcard I will throw all respect and honor out the window. Playing the Wildcard is about settling a score. I will end this thing between you and I by kicking your puny little ass all over the damn arena. You will regret provoking this pissed off angry wrestling machine. You played a role in me losing the Television Title, Polly, and you will pay for it in spades.” Glory Braddock smirks.

“Polly and her bitches can wait, because the chaos that went down in the Trios Cash In can be remedied tonight. I can make things right tonight by regaining the Television Championship. And just like the chaotic Trios Cash In wasn’t easy, this won’t be easy either.” Braddock waves at the camera. “Hi there, Bree. Long time no see, am I right? We have a history together, you and I. For those who don’t know, you and I were there, both friends of Sienna Swann, both allies of The Beauty Factory. I watched you rise through the ranks, becoming United States Champion, Tag Champion, World Champion, Adrenaline Champion, and now Television Champion to make you a Supreme Champion.” Glory claps her hands, and it does seem sincere. “Congratulations on that, by the way. The Supreme Club is an elite group; very few have managed to reach that mark. Hell, it’s the one last thing I wish to accomplish.” She chuckles softly.

“People don’t understand why this is so important to me, Bree. I’m not even sure you would understand. You had a slow start in SCW but once you found your footing you were like a bloody rocket ship to the top. I had previous success, enough to attract the attention of SCW management. They wanted to sign me to a contract and I wanted it too. But can you imagine having your own friends, your own family, your close knit group of supporters whispering in your ear that you can’t hang with the talent level in SCW? That’s what I had as I was negotiating my SCW contract. People told me I couldn’t do it. People told me to stay in my own lane where it was safer, easier.” Braddock shakes her head. “I ignored them and signed anyway. And it may have taken me longer than most, but I did slowly but surely prove them all wrong. Two Trios Tournament victories in a row, a Rise To Greatness main event appearance, Adrenaline Championship, World Championship, United States Championship, and most recently the Television Championship.” She smirks. “Most would think that’s enough of a record to prove my former doubters wrong. But I want the ultimate prize. I need the Supreme Championship to prove to everyone, myself included, that I belong among the elite class of athletes to have graced this roster.” She points a finger at the camera.

“Now here I am, fighting you tonight on Breakdown. I am fighting a Supreme Champion. You have just earned the status that I want. Imagine the confidence it would bring to me if I could knock you off and in the process regain the SCW Television Title?” She nods her head. “That’s right, the SCW Television Championship, when you look at a match like this, Bree versus Glory, two former world champions, a Supreme Champion versus someone who wants to be Supreme Champion so damn badly, so many storylines there that the Television Title almost becomes an afterthought.” Braddock shakes her head. “Almost but not quite. Not to me.” She pats herself on the chest.

“Idiots like Polly and her ilk, and I suspect even some people I respect like Selena Frost, believe that I’m in this just to collect trophies and titles. That’s a load of crap. I respect what the Television Title is all about. I was honored to be the Television Champion even if it was a short reign. And it pained me to lose it. It hurt for me to drop that title in that Trios mayhem. If I was just about collecting titles or just about achieving the Supreme Title then I would have been bloody thrilled to move on from the TV Title and put my entire focus on the tag titles. But that’s not who I am and that’s not what I’m about Bree, and if anyone knows it you should. And if you don’t, then allow me to educate you about what the Television Title is all about.”

“When The One was Television Champion, she called it the workhorse title and that really is a good way of putting it, because in order to be champion and remain champion you have to be ready to defend it each and every week on each and every Breakdown against any one opponent on the roster. It isn’t just some trinket for newcomers like The One or Deanna Frost. Autumn Valentine and Kennedy Street were former champions. You, the newest Supreme Champion, hold the title currently. And now I’m looking to get it back. Being the Television Title is all about running that marathon. I warned Amelia Blythe about that marathon of being Television Champion but she couldn’t make it. Colleen tried to take it from me and I beat her too.” The British Bombshell points a finger at the camera.

“Now you are champion. So I ask you that same question Bree; can you run that marathon? Can you endure constant title defenses week in and week out against hungry challengers on every single Breakdown without any breaks, without any rest? Some would argue that remains to be seen because, technically, you haven’t even made it through a proper title defense yet thanks to Kandis throwing her tantrum.” Braddock smirks. “But I know better. You and I have a history as both friends and enemies. So I know you and I know you are fully capable of running that marathon. I know you have what it takes to endure.” Glory pats herself on the chest. “But can you endure me?” She points at her eyes. “When you stand across the ring from me and look into my eyes you are looking into the eyes of the person who ended your reign as SCW World Champion. I beat you once, mate, and I know I can do it again. I WILL do it again.” A fierce intensity grows in her voice.

“Even though I am a fifteen year veteran of this sport I am still as hungry as ever. Being the Television Champion, having that opportunity to challenge myself, to see if I can be one of the longest reigning champions in that title’s history, that is the kind of challenge I crave. That is the kind of test I want for myself. It was taken from me way too quickly thanks to Kimberly’s Trios Cash In, and if anyone thinks that I’m going to be ok with it for any reason then they are wrong, they are damn wrong and they don’t know me! Bree, I hope you are prepared for a war because I am going to bring war to your front door in order to regain that Television Championship and to once again begin that marathon run. I want this, Bree, and I will do whatever it takes to get it back.” Braddock turns and begins to walk up the many steps that lead up to the Climate Pledge Arena.
OOC: Promo filmed the day before Breakdown.

---------------------

Breakdown 4-13-23 #2