Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Polly Playtime vs. The One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
United States Championship Tournament

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 PM Friday, May 5, 2023
{NUMBERS: Chapter 4}

With Hailey, things have become a bit more confusing.  Her attitude since I asked her about her phone call to her parents has changed more and more toward The Oracle's Brother.  She's become more distant.  She's become more assertive with her attitude.  It's something I cannot tell if is pure retaliation for my knowing about the call itself, or the fact she's angry at herself that she wasn't more coy and protective about.

But regardless of the "why" regarding her actions, both The Oracle's Brother and myself have noticed that her actions have changed in a much more drastic manner than before.

Before being confronted, Hailey and I would take turns making "runs" for supplies, like groceries, food, et cetera.  It was something we realized that the more we did separately, the less people would feel like they had a bead on our permanent whereabouts and routines, while we hid in the darkness.  Lately Hailey has insisted on taking on the role herself, using any excuse and reason she can come up with in order to validate her departure from where we have been held up.  She has also seemed to need more personal items, that have been a "reason" for her to do the excursions versus myself, and offering to pick up everyone else's items as well.

While fishy... It is something we have appreciated...

I say that because being out leaves us vulnerable.  It leaves us VISIBLE.  So with her doing it alone, at least in my rationale, she has developed a way or a location where nobody would see her who would have any clue who SHE is, or who she is in cahoots with.  But the frequency of them lately has become something that has made me become more and more suspicious.  It's gone from an insistence of her doing the run when we had discussed needing to do so, to her insisting she forgot something, or needing something, on an almost daily basis.  While she does still come back with stuff for everyone, this, almost everyday occurrence, is noticed by all since we confronted her about the phone call.

The reality of the whole situation, though, has kept my focus away from this potential issue...

My focus has been with keeping in touch with Agent McConnell, and keeping our ducks in a row.  He has been very specific on what he HAS and HAS NOT wanted us to do before we take our final actions.  It's something I have been having to relay to The Oracle's Brother and Hailey, as the details become more and more finite.  And the more and more pieces that are put into place, and as I'm being told, the contingency plans are being made, Hailey's frequent trips are simply something that I have to try and not focus on or read into anymore than I did the phone call to her parents.

She's a human being... She may feel confronted... She may feel cornered...

I don't know, but I feel she just needs a little space of her own, knowing we are all this close to one another, and this "up in" each other's business, regardless of what that business may be.

Back in the woods, in a similar area to where the trio was stationed when they initially met with Agent McConnell, this time Hailey stands alone.  On one of her "trips" from where the trio is staying she has diverted away from purchasing the "necessities" she claimed she was getting and has gone off on her own mission.  Similarly to the last time she was in the woods, a car soon approaches them, but this time quickly turns its lights off, allowing the moonlight to be the sole source of light for the pair.  And again, like before, it is Agent McConnell stepping out of the vehicle, with papers in hand, and he wastes no time approaching Hailey directly.

Hailey: So what is this meeting about?

Agent McConnell: It's simple.  Have you done your job that you were tasked with?

Hailey: The question goes back to you... Have you done yours, first?

The agent smiles, and hands over the documents he had in his hands.  Hailey uses a small flashlight to read over everything, allowing zero time to be wasted by skipping over anything.  She is thorough, and ensures that everything she wanted to see, and needed to see for that matter, was included.

Hailey: So what this says is now I am officially immune, as is my entire family, based on our agreement to cooperate and work with you?

Agent McConnell: That's what it says...

Hailey: Then yes... I have done my part and talked to them about it, and what would need to happen...

Agent McConnell: And what was their reaction?  How do they feel about being part of a "shaking things up" type of involvement?

Hailey: They're willing to do whatever is necessary because they know what's really going on.  They know they truth.  They're in survival mode for themselves now, and are willing to do whatever...

Agent McConnell: Good.  That's where I want everyone, quite frankly.  You see, Hailey, I'm not going to lie to you, I want to make up for the embarrassment that I suffered.  I want to be the hero I was supposed to be all along.  You and your parents, they're some of those key pieces I need in place in order for that to happen.  I mean, yes, I have The One, and I have all of the documentation she gave me, and in most cases, that alone would be a slam dunk.  But they're from her.  They could be anything.  They could be tampered.  So I need the ole "ace in the hole," because let's be real, I don't trust The One as far as I can throw her.  After what she did to me to make me the laughing stock of the Bureau, I'm not willing to put that kind of trust into her like that.  I'm not willing to believe she won't just sell me out again.

I want insurance...

You guys are that insurance policy.  So I can assure you that what you see here, what you hear from me, are facts.  What The One gets from me is merely "my word," and while it sounds good, legally, it holds no water.

Hailey: But why me?  Why my family?  Why not the brother?  He's more on the inside than we are...

The agent smirks, and even lets out a small laugh.

Agent McConnell: Why on Earth should I trust ANYONE inside that Compound?  Whether or not he's inside or outside, physically, there is a high likelihood that he is just as culpable in this as The One and his parents.  And to be honest, The Oracle and her brother mean nothing to me.  They mean more to other entities in this, than what I am after.  Like I said, your friend, she made me out to be a joke within the ENTIRE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.  And this, this moment, this is my chance to have the last laugh.

The fact is, you have never been a "player" in this fight, against me.  Your parents have never been "players" in this fight against me.  And that is why I gave you the opportunity to ensure that you and your family are never even brought up, implicated, or anything in this case.  You are simply the vessels that bring the chickens home to roost.  And this moment, for you all, is your opportunity to be free of all of this mayhem and chaos.  And if someone tried to lash out of any of you, or try and harm you for helping, you'd have more protection surrounding you than you could EVER imagine.  You just have to cooperate...

Hailey sighs, and looks back at the document.  There is an obvious reservation to signing.

Agent McConnell: ... All it takes is a signature...

Hailey sighs again.

Hailey: The One has always been loyal to me, though.  She's always been there for me...

Agent McConnell cocks an eyebrow.

Agent McConnell: Has she, though?  Has she really?  Did she save you when you got beaten down and were expelled from The Compound?  Did she try and fight for your honor right after you and your family were EMBARRASSED in front of EVERYONE?  That moment you were ostracized forever, seen as scum by people who claimed to love you and your parents.  Where was she in that moment?  She was waiting to know if you succeeded, and then she waited for her time to SHINE.  She used your failure for her gain.

The fact is, The One isn't loyal to anyone but herself.  She's consumed by this power she's been given, and I would challenge her to prove me wrong.  This is your chance to be the real hero.  The hero you wanted to be that night.  The hero who wanted to liberate The Compound from the tyranny.  The hero who finally gets vengeance for all of the wrongs put on her.  I have notes about all of those moments and feelings, and now is your chance to be the knight in shining armor, both in the eyes of yourself, and in the eyes of your family.  You just need to handle your business the right way...

Hailey hears a "click" and looks up to see, through the moonlight, Agent McConnell holding out a pen for her.

Agent McConnell: ... You sign that document and cooperate with my every word, you'll never face retribution or persecution for any of this.  You will have the power.  YOU will finally OWN the title of The One and all of its glory.  This is your one chance to take control of the situation in the way you always envisioned yourself, as a leader, not a follower.  All you have to do... Is sign...

He clicks the pen twice more and takes a step closer to Hailey.  Hailey takes another glance throughout all of the document to make sure that she sees everything she has wanted to see for a second time.  As she reaches the last page, she sees the line with her name printed below it, where her signature is to go.  She closes her eyes momentarily to think, and then turns looking up at Agent McConnell.

Hailey: You really think this is all going to work?

Agent McConnell: Everything is already in motion, and will be all systems go once pen meets paper... The formalities of the rest of the mission don't concern you and are already in place...

Hailey sighs and slowly reaches out and grabs the pen from the agent's hand.  She looks down and rests the document on her knee and finally puts pen to paper, signing the agreement the agent had put in place for Hailey and her family.  With another deep breath she has solidified her cooperation with Agent McConnell, and slowly hands it all over to him.  Seeing this brings a smile to the agent's face.

Agent McConnell: Thank you.  You made the smart decision, Hailey.  Once this is all over, you won't be in trouble, and instead will be the hero.  The ONLY "One" of The Compound who truly stood up for justice.

Hailey: You had better be right about all of that... Once this is done, everything better end up as it should be, or so help me God, you will be on my radar next...

The agent chuckles.

Agent McConnell: Hailey... I can be on your radar no matter what.  That signature just got me promoted higher than I've ever been, and to a position where I will never once be in the field or worry about being touched by anyone, again.  After this is over, I'll be the guy calling the shots from behind a lovely mahogany desk and a chair you could sleep in for days, making money hand over fist.

Hailey: Well I'm glad that's all you car about in the end, and not the success of this whole "mission."

Agent McConnell: My mission is simple... Redemption and money!  It's now time for you to begin your job and follow the instructions you have been given.  Then we will see one another on "D-Day."

The agent immediately turns and walks back to his vehicle, and getting in the driver's seat.  He turns his headlights on to see Hailey with her head down, and can't help but grin feeling as though he has scored the biggest win of his career.  As McConnell leaves, Hailey takes a moment to sit in the darkness, wondering if she's done the right thing, or if she's just sold her soul to the proverbial "Devil."  All she can hope is that she has done the right thing and in the end, will be seen as a hero, and not a simple pawn in a scheme she didn't know was happening around her.
{PROMO}

Sometimes, when times are tough, it is smart to step away for a brief moment and gather your thoughts and recapture the mentality you had when you first started your mission.  And honestly, that is what I am glad I got the opportunity to do.  I got to step away, even for a couple of weeks, and rethink and reanalyze things.  Why did I need this?  Simple... I have become the epitome of the definition of "mid."  I have become everything I worried I would become and it happened with me watching it the whole time...

The One makes a high pitched, mocking, voice.

"But The One, you've said you've become complacent before"

The One returns to her normal voice.

And I would say you're right.  I've said a lot of this before, when I felt myself needing to reset.  And the fact is, I am woman enough to say it was all talk.  I never DID anything about it.  I never set myself on a path to change.  Instead I just used it as a talking point... Something to talk shit about... And that was it.

I never actually changed...

I never did anything but talk...

Am I magically changing now?  I don't know.  I have to go out there and DO it, versus just say it's happening.  I have to go out there and SHOW the world that things are changing.  And the fact is that my future in Supreme Championship Wrestling IS going to be full of changes.  That, I can promise.  And it all will revolve around two events... This United States Championship Tournament, and also, what everyone is clamoring about, Taking Hold of the Flame.

Before I get into what is directly in front of myself, let me explain why Taking Hold of the Flame will mark the transition of The One... It will mark the magical ONE YEAR mark from when The One debuted in SCW, and made it to the final 10 competitors in her debut.  It'll mark the night where I have the chance to reflect and react to what one year has brought.

Will that night be "mid" as well?

Will that night mark something special?

The truth is, I don't know.  I don't know how it will feel knowing that one year prior I had stepped out of my comfort zone and entered a world that I never had even sniffed in my life.

But regardless, that moment is going to happen.

I am going to have to go out there and look at myself one year after I made one of the most memorable and talked about debuts in the history of this historical organization.  I was a nobody.  I was a newbie.  I came in with vignettes and hype surrounding me, and I went to the final 10 people of the ultimate endurance match in professional wrestling in my FIRST MATCH.  People took notice.  People began to realize I wasn't just a schmuck or another copycat of someone else who had previously had success in SCW.

I wasn't a Street...

I wasn't "Infamous..."

I wasn't a "Frost..."

I AM The One...

So I was someone who everyone began to look at with a curious eye because this wasn't something they had been used to seeing.  And with all of my talk, I was making a splash and making a loud noise in a world where the only sounds were repetitive and the equivalent to white noise at that moment.

So come the battle royal... Come the one year anniversary of The One... I plan on changing the landscape again.  I plan on changing MY FUTURE again.  And it may not just be with the opportunity at a main event spot at Rise to Greatness only...

The One smirks.

... I also have the opportunity that night to win the United States Championship, if I can make my way through this little tournament that Supreme Championship Wrestling has put me in.

And let me say... A tournament, in SCW, seems to be something I will say I do have quite the track record in...

The One smirks again.

... I mean, let's be real.  What has been my biggest success here?  What is THE MOMENT that showcased The One on the biggest stage, with success?

A tournament...

A tournament with something MAJOR on the line...

And it's that tournament that still gives me time to come up with the match that I want, with whatever options, stipulations, et cetera, that I want... And it was the Trios Tournament...

I was put in a match with people who didn't think much of me, who didn't think I could hang, and didn't think I would be an adequate partner in the battle.  And what happened?  We won.  We came out ahead and now there is still this contract I am holding in my back pocket for the right moment to cash in when I want, and how I want.  And it's a representation of what, honestly, I feel is something I do have a successful track record in, and like I said that's a tournament...

And wouldn't you know the United States Title is being decided... IN A TOURNAMENT!

Now before I get too in the weeds about this, let's be candid about something.  I'm probably not the favorite.  I'm probably not the likely winner.  In fact, I'm probably one of the biggest long shots in the tournament itself.  But the fact that this nobody could win the Trios Tournament in her first try, as an effective nobody and underdog, makes me think that maybe... Just maybe... I can defy the odds again and come out at Taking Hold of the Flame as BOTH the United States Champion AND the person to main event Rise to Greatness, just one year into my career...

But before I get to that grandiose thought of insanity... First there is step one, and it's a step that has tripped me up in the past.  It's a step that has frustrated me in the past.  And it's a step that has seemingly had the number of The One since their very first encounter.  Whereas some wrestlers say "IT'S SHOWTIME," for The One, "IT'S PLAYTIME!"

That's right... Polly Playtime and The One's paths are coming to a junction point again in SCW and if there was ever a time and place for The One to finally get to continue down the path instead of be spun out on the side of the road, it's this time because there's a lot of shit on the line here.  Unlike previous times, this one is probably the most valuable of a matchup that the two of us have had because the implications of it are quite large.  Polly has been doing quite good for herself, and shown that she is capable of standing up with some of the biggest talent in SCW.  She is proving to be something that I, honestly, am kind of proud of.

Why?

Because she represents that next chapter.  She represents why I came here.  She represents the FUTURE of SCW and is already showcasing her talents in front of everyone.  So I say this honestly, she deserves to be in this tournament.  She deserves an opportunity to move forward and continue her quest for another single's title.  She deserves to be recognized for what she is accomplishing every time she steps foot inside SCW's infamous squared-circle.

I still don't like the bitch...

The One chuckles to herself.

No... See I don't like people who make a mockery of me and what I aim to do myself, and Polly, you've done that time after time with me.  You've been that thorn in my side that won't come out, and I know you relish in that fact.  You relish knowing that you, maybe, just maybe, are inside my head and have me questioning IF I can defeat you.  But I don't question it.  I don't question anything.  I treat each moment like it's a new situation because I am a firm believer in one thing...

History isn't an indication and doesn't always repeat itself...

I mean, look at Finland... How many times have they been at war with the Soviets, and lost, and yet they still are their own independent nation?  Either "to the victor goes the spoils" means Finland doesn't have anything the Soviets wanted, and they just were bored that day, or Finland battled back and handled their business as well.

Either that or their language is just too damn confusing, and the Soviets said, "eh fuck it," ut I digress...

The point is, Polly, just because you've done what you've done to me in the past successfully doesn't mean guaranteed success is on the horizon this time.  And it never will.  I will always be the person who gets up, and continues to fight.  I don't care how much of a fool I look like, I will always come back better, stronger, and faster.  And this time, there is a BIG DIFFERENCE in our paths crossing... And it's what I eluded to earlier... I've had the opportunity to actually regroup and refocus.  I've been allowed to understand what changes need to be made for me to succeed and those changes will be forthcoming.

Not with you at Breakdown, but down the road...

See the true ability to change isn't like a light switch.  I am not just going to be able to flip it and become something new.  It requires the tearing down of something, the breakdown of the past and present, so that a new future can be shaped.  The mission will be the same.  The goals will be the same.  The way it is done and WHO embraces it will be what changes.  And through this tournament, through the opportunity to finally get this monkey off of my back, it will pave the way to Taking Hold of the Flame.

You see, Polly, this time IS different... This time WILL BE different... Because regardless of the outcome, win or lose, this tournament will mark the beginning of the changes in me that will redefine The One in the annals of lore in SCW.  You will be that first chapter in the new story of The One, whether I win or lose.  You will be the catalyst that sends me down a path for the finality of The One at Taking Hold of the Flame.  Now will that finality be marred by disappointment?  Or will it be, as I see it as the FINAL TRUTH to ever be told in life, where I walk out with another opportunity in my back pocket, and a championship around my waist?

For once, I listened to my Oracle and her prophecy.  I heard her give me the reality of what is going to happen.  And when the dust settles, and I get the monkey off my back that is also known as Polly Playtime, and then walk directly into the center of the "flame" burning at the core of Supreme Championship Wrestling, all that will be left is ash.  And emerging from the ash will be one thing and one thing only... The new reality we live in, embodied by the new Phoenix of SCW...

I am that FINAL TRUTH... Just like I've always been... Death... Taxes... And THE ONE!