Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Alexis Quinne vs. Chance Owens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: FRIDAY, June 16, 2023 (For kayfabe: Act as if the show is still Thursday, June 15, 2023)
[INSERT]

[VOVAYGERS]

[END INSERT]

[Camera pans open on a balcony in Raleigh. Nightfall has cast over the city. The PNC Bank is prominent in the background, illimunated by the lighting. The hustle and bustle of cars passing to and fro like a backup choir. Alexis Quinne leans against the thick black railing, sporting a black, long sleeved "VOVAYGERS" t-shirt with a green and yellow Oakland A's cap with black jeans. Her eyes spot the camera. Her face tightens.]

Alexis: Another year. Another failed Flame attempt. An yearly tradition.

[A harsh chuckle escapes her mouth.]

Alexis: You know I was passing through the Bay. The other day. Just making the rounds. Checking in on my people. Lot of them are wrestling fans or just know that I wrestle. Everyone across the board, one way or another, are asking me am I ok and did I trash another locker room?

It's amazing. You freak out for one moment and people have you on suicide watch.

[Alexis throws her arms up in the air.]

Alexis: That's fine. There are worse things to be made fun of than giving too much of a shit. I've been called worst as you all know. It's for a good reason. why everyone checks on me. They know what it is and they know what I put into this. Last year I made it a whole hour. Stumbled at the end. This year not even close. The result was the same. Disappointment. Took five years for Xander Valentine to get his receipt for me after he picked a fight with me and loss. But he got.

I wanted to win but you all knew that. Who doesn't want to main event Rise to Greatness?

[Alexis presses her lips together.]

Alexis: Well I guess you didn't, Chance Owens. My opponent for tomorrow. Yo.

[She flashes a faint wave.]

Alexis: I didn't see you in there. I also wasn't in there long enough so if you was, we wouldn't have seen each other. It doesn't matter, in the end. Why you didn't throw your name in the hat or not. When we see each other tomorrow, we're looking for the same thing. Looking for a win like everyone else.

I guess we're in the same boat but I steer my own ship.

[Alexis nods.]

Alexis: I go my own way. That's your answer to the question you asked me in your video about whether or not I wrestle to prove my worth to SCW or to everyone else. No company, no person puts a price tag on me. I am my own biggest cheerleader. And I wrestle, number one, for me. It has to be for me, Chance. Because, as much as I love my people in the Bay, as much as I love my parents; my Mom, who worries sick about me before and after every match. Or every young gun out that, for whatever reason, sees me as their inspiration to become pro wrestlers. At the end of the day Chance, no one can want it more for me than me.

Because if I don't want it, there's not a fucking thing that's going to happen.

I said at the beginning of the year that the goal is to win a title before the end of the year. It's not because I'm trying to prove something to anyone. They know who I am.

You know I am.

[Alexis maintains eye contact with the camera.]

Alexis: That's the thing. You see "Alexis Quinne, Former World Champion" and just assume that's what I'm gunning for. I mean, I work on this and if the moment presents itself, like Taking Hold of the Flame, where a chance is up for grabs, yeah I'll go after it. But I said a title because...the hardest thing to do, to me, is to win a title. Everyone says defending it is harder. Classic cliche Chance. I disagree.

Look around. There's about 45-50 of us wrestlers that are here in SCW. Look at any promotion around the world. There's more wrestlers than belts in this business. Not everyone gets a belt for trying their best. Not everyone gets a belt. In SCW, there's si belts. Only seven people, because you got the tag belt, get to say they're a champion for a time. That's almost 1/4 or 1/5. I'm not a math major so whatever. But you get the point.

They don't grow on trees. And they don't hand them out like candy.

You have to earn it. The thing is that everyone wants the same thing. And that's pro wrestling Chance. That's pro wrestling.

[Alexis clears her throat.]

Alexis: So the nights where my body is screaming at me. My hand is throbbing and I'm spending the night, crumbled up on the floor because I lost another chance to win a match or title, that's why. I say it all the time. We are the lucky ones. We're in the minority. Every year for every proidgy, for every, you know, up and coming that gets a big break, there's about 100, 200, 300 wrestlers across the country that either never get the break, break their neck or something and can't wrestle again or simply aren't good enough to get here. And then there's the people who are but because it's life, they get a shitty hand and they don't make it here.

[Alexis then strokes her chin, then chuckles.]

Alexis: Now thinking about it, I guess I was wrong in my answer to you about do I do this to prove something to them or myself. I guess the answer it's to prove it to me. You got to be crazy to do this shit. Making a living to be dropped on your head, hoping for it all to be worth it in the end.

It's the life I chose and it's the life I live. And I guess, going back to everyone in the Bay ribbing me about smashing locker rooms or...or anyone here that wants to be a wise guy and talk shit to me. No one ever does because they know how that will go.

Look at all the upside that comes with it, Chance.

I'm honest. I'm open. And people know I care. They know I give a shit. And they know, my city knows, the Bay knows, when you see me, what you see is what you get. You know I was just at the A's game the other day. Reverse boycott. It's bullshit how they're taking the team away from them. I'm not a baseball girl but we all know what it is. And on that night, just rubbing elbows with them, it was so Bay Area. It was so real. The anger, the sadness, the, the...the fight they had. It was beautiful.

Way that's relevant to this Chance is because I am a product of my area. You get the anger of a loss, the sadness of what I let slip away, but you also see the fight. To put in the work and be one of the best. That's the expectation from my area. And that's the expectation from me. It's Rise to Greatness season. I didn't win the Flame once again but like Oak Town, like the Bay, we don't hide. We fight for what we want. And on Thursday night Chance, that's what I'm going to do.

So...all in all, that's my answer to your question.

[FIN]
Calculating the Odds... And they appear to be in my favor.

The lyrics Chance mentions in the shoot are from "Army of One" by Fozzy. Good luck, Drew.