Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Selena Frost, Bree Lancaster & Datura vs. Kandis, Ace Marshall & Ravyn Taylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET WEDNESDAY, July 12, 2023
[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The camera opens up to the interior of the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, the site for tonight’s episode of Breakdown in what is the final stop before the pay-per-view of the decade: Rise to Greatness XX! The familiar arctic blue and white lights fill the ring in the center of the empty space – all par for the course for a “Frozen Central” segment. What is not so ‘familiar’ is the behaviour of the woman within the ring. While she wears the familiar jeans, leather jacket, and shirt of her ‘casual style’ and her hair is, indeed, once more tied in its iconic platinum-blonde braid, gone is the calm, contemplative expression that she usually wears to start of these sessions (as she sits in the middle of the ring).

Instead, the ‘Face of SCW’ Selena Frost – the Snow Queen and SCW World champion – is seen pacing around the ring, akin to a Siberian tiger locked in a cage! The SCW world title rests on her shoulder as she moves back and forth within the ring. As the camera draws closer to her, Frost’s words can be picked up.

Unbelievable… her voice is a low growl. Un-friggin-believable…

She continues to pace a few more times before turning her head towards the camera.

You proud of yourself, O.? I mean REALLY proud of yourself? Yeah, turns out after several cold baths, time with my kids and dog, meditation, and even seeing a damn therapist, I can STILL be pissed off beyond measure at you!

Releasing an angry huff, Selena’s shoulders rise and fall, the world title moving with them. And now this is the part where I apologize for my ‘knee-jerk’ reaction, right? Where I take back a bit of what I’ve said and try and re-explain things from a calmer mind. So people, including the True Believers, can understand why I do and say the things that I do. Because I will admit, sometimes I choose the wrong words, or I let things get to me that maybe I shouldn’t have in my quest to bring this world title back to the integrity it’s lost since last RTG, or I just plan put my foot in my mouth.

But this is NOT one of those times…
Her jaw clenches. Because I have considered, PATIENTLY, every angle of this choice, O.. Every option that exists and every possible ‘reason’ you could have that would possess you to pick CHBK as the guest referee for the main event of Rise to Greatness!

She shakes her head. Did you suddenly forget Aaron Demitria, O.? The man that’s given decades of his life to this company and has NEVER – not once! – strayed from calling a match with integrity and honor? All his years fighting for fair-play and even standing up to goons like Xander and Infamous, he’s still here! If anyone DESERVED to officiate this incredible match – this history-making, legendary main event – it’s the man that’s worn those stripes year after year without fail and with constant respect!

But…
again, a growl escapes her. You pick CHBK… CHB-friggin-K! The man responsible for so many screw-jobs regarding this title. The man that’s sold out SCW time and time again just to stay relevant! Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if “Kandis’ sex video” wasn’t HIS idea – or did we all forget that he did it with Ravyn Taylor years ago?!

She angrily shakes his head. But you look at all of that, ‘boss’, and you think he’ll be looking out for the future of this company? That he’ll be thinking about doing what is right for this business for the NEXT 20 years? Her jaw clenches.

I said I have never had less respect for you because of that choice, O.. Not only that you would make that decision, but also screw over a good person like Aaron Demitria, who has given his life to this business! This could have been his biggest match, like it will be mine, and you took it from him – and I’m not gonna think it’s some noble BS like that or to ‘protect’ Aaron. No, you did it because you think it’ll sell more tickets!

She laughs bitterly at that.  Always about the bottom dollar, right, O.? Or maybe you really are senile and don’t know crap about what is good for this company. Cause here we are, the final Breakdown before the biggest pay-per-view in SCW’s entire existence…

And you…
she stops, unable to form the next few words for a series of moments. You…you…

She seems to desperately try to ease some of the tension out of her body as she stands in the ring. A few calming breaths pass from her until she is able to open her eyes and stare towards the camera.

You do this… she sighs. Maybe I’m right in that you don’t really know anymore about what’s best for this company, O.. And yes, I’ve been using your first name rather than ‘Mr. D.’ here because ‘the man that hired me’ – I respected that man. I called him ‘Mr. D.’. I have little respect left for whatever you are, O..

Because this is supposed to be the ‘last show’, isn’t it? The final show before the 20th anniversary show of Rise to Greatness! And you choose for the main-event… to not even have a main-event that will conclude?!

A bitter laugh comes from her. Oh believe me! I am more than eager to kick Kandis’ ass in a tag-match once again. Might trigger some nice nostalgia back when my sister and I beat her for the tag-team titles a few RTGs ago. And I’m also actually thrilled to be teaming up with Bree Lancaster and Datura! Say what you will about her past, Bree, and even Datura, have worked their asses off to be here in SCW as symbols of hard work and integrity. Bree just won the United States Championship tournament and Datura continues to grow and improve in her own way! Normally? I’d welcome this team-up and would be hyping it to the heavens!

But you, O., ‘in your wisdom’…
another bitter laugh, more of a scoff, escapes her. You decide to make the last match before RTG be the three of us – paragons of integrity and hard work – against Kandis, Ace and Ravyn…

She takes a slow, deep breath. You are out of your fucking mind. she hisses that last  statement coldly.

Am I supposed to believe that this match is going to end with anything other than controversy? Am I supposed to believe that Ace and Ravyn will suddenly ‘have a change of heart’ and actually, for the first time since they’ve teamed up, actually not have an army of people running down into the ring to save them when they are outwrestled and outclassed by Bree and Datura? Am I supposed to believe that this will ALSO be a ‘by the rules’ match because… oh! Selena Frost and Statera can handle it?!

She growls a little. Bree, Datura, and I can handle whatever is put in front of us, but that is NOT what this match should be about! This match should be about making a statement of skill and ability! It should be about getting ‘the last word’ on two of the most epic world title matches – tag and SCW title – that will ever be seen! It should be about setting the bar for what the SCW Universe can expect for the greatest pay-per-view of the year – maybe even the decade!

And you expect any of us to believe that we will get that from those three?!

The bitter laugh evolves into a louder, sarcastic one. Aside from the aforementioned attacks from ‘Rated X’, dumb name by the way, are we supposed to forget what Kandis did in her last match?! The one against Glory Braddock?

Selena gives a sharp shrug of her shoulders. Don’t remember in that old brain, O.? Let me remind you. First, she couldn’t beat Glory, then when she was about to lose clean, she intentionally got herself disqualified – all to wrap it up in a neat little bow that she ‘wins when she wants to’…

‘Wins when she wants to’.

Oh I could spend hours unwrapping how dumb THAT sounds! Because let’s be real! Kandis was going to lose to Glory and she knew it! So she decided to ‘save face’ and make excuses.

You know why I’m saying that now, O.? Because do you honestly think she or Rated X give a damn about this match? You think either of them care about what this is meant to be for Rise to Greatness? For all of us?!

Clenching her jaw, Selena slowly shakes her head. Ace Marshall hasn’t gone a match with me in nearly a decade without having someone interfere – from Lexy Chapel to Cassidy Carter to Alistaire Allocco. Ravyn Taylor can’t make it down to the ring without someone like Alexander Crowe holding her hand – basically Infamous match-handling 101, and Kandis would rather throw a match she deems ‘unimportant’ than be shown up by a superior talent.

Basically, O., you’ve given me three people that would rather screw the entire SCW Universe out of  what they deserve to see! What the people of Pittsburgh paid to see! On the eve of Rise to Greatness!

And you don’t see ANYTHING wrong with that?!

A long sigh escapes Selena as she leans onto one of the ropes. Slowly, she turns slowly to face the camera. Is that the plan, Kandis? You come out, give a little effort and when you’re about to lose, you’ll blame Rated X or high-tail it or something? That the plan? Because I know my teammates, Bree and Datura, have my back. I know that my teammates will be there from the start of the bell to its finish. I know that my teammates hate this idea as much as I do, not because we don’t want to kick your asses, not because we don’t think we can beat you, but because we know that the three of you are nothing more than cowards. Fools filled with excuses because, deep down, you know you can’t beat us. You know, for all the talent you have, if this was REALLY according to the rules? This match would be over with your defeat and us – the STILL world champion and the future tag-team champions – standing tall as the victors.

Of course, since I have no faith in any ‘good form’ from the three of you, that just leaves you with two questions, Kandis. First is, with you ‘winning when you want to’ and Rated X ‘not caring’, are you gonna be the first to run… or are you gonna turn your head and suddenly realize your ‘partners’ aren’t there… and you are at the mercy of three women that are better than you?

A dark smile crosses Selena’s features. I know those two – Ravyn and Ace – far better than you ever will. And believe me when I say… just like you’ll drop the match the second you realize you can’t win… they’ll abandon you the second they’re bored! The second they know they’ll lose… the second they know YOU will lose.

So, who is gonna jump first? That’s the first question. Because I see Statera… I see their passion, their heart, their desire to fix the world tag-team division as I wish to fix the World title division… and I know I can trust them. I know I can turn my back to them and focus on you and Ace and Ravyn. I know they have my back as I will have theirs. Can you say the same?

She slowly shakes her head. But let’s say you ARE the first to jump, Kandis. I mean – you could always prove me wrong and see this beating through and I can take great pride in making you eat those words – like deleting a tweet, eh? – as the fans boo and cheer me beating the crap out of you… but let’s say I’m right and you try and jump. Try and lose again as you did with Glory Braddock…

Again, Selena’s expression darkens a bit more. What makes you think I am going to give you the chance to get away? The slight growl in her voice has returned.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear here, Kandis. I don’t give a damn about Rated X and what crap they try and pull. I don’t give a damn how Bree and Datura beat the hell out of them. What I care about, is taking you off this self-erected pillar of arrogance you’ve been touting around since Taking Hold of the Flame, this “I hold all the cards” crap, and beating you into the mat until you realize just what the hell you’ve signed up for for Rise to Greatness! Just who the hell you’ve been trying to mess with.

Slowly, Selena removes the world title off her shoulder. You may ‘win when it matters’ or ‘when you want to’ in your mind, Kandis, but me? I just win. I just want to win. Every match. Every time. And tonight, I’m going to remind you why I am the world champion and you are merely the one stepping into MY world in less than ten days. I am going to remind this divided SCW Universe what it is truly in store for when I bring ‘The Unbelievable Main Event III’ to Rise to Greatness…

Her expression grows colder. Tonight when I kick your damn head off!

Don’t believe me?

Well…
a slightly cold, devilish grin comes across the Snow Queen’s features. Fuck around… and find out, Kandis. But don’t say you weren’t warned.

Believe THAT!

The camera slowly fades on Selena’s features before suddenly fading to black.
OOC: too short to bother with the website.

--------------------

In a pool on a sunny day, we find Taking Hold of the Flame winner Kandis floating on an inflatable pool raft. Wearing black-framed sunglasses and a black bikini that looks like it's made of less material than the glasses, covering juuuuust enough to not require pixelation, Kandis has her arms up and under head, looking for all the world as if she is asleep on the raft. Soon though, a smirk spreads across her face, then she moves one hand to wave.

Hey dolls. I'm taking some time out of my very relaxing day to talk about Breakdown. Not a whole lot of time, cause I have a champion-worthy tan to work on. And to be perfectly honest... I really just don't care about this clusterfuck match

Like, at all.

Remember after I beat the shit out of Glory Braddock and said I take W's when they count? That one didn't matter, and neither does this. I've been around here long enough for y'all to know that I don't give a tenth of a fuck about trying to win this, before I ever said a word.

I mean come on. My so-called “team?” Two people I can't stand, and they can't stand me either... and they're carrying the other championships I care about, making them look ridiculous. Why would I lift one manicured finger to help them, huh?

Let's look across the ring now. We have the Tag Team Championship number one contenders... a tag team who haven't actually had one tag match together yet. Talk about a joke, right? Lancaster and Datura have been trying to get booked together for so long I almost forgot it was a real thing and not just a running gag. And on their side?

Kandis laughs a little.

Selena Frost.

Little Miss Integrity probably thinks she's gonna be scouting me, she thinks she'll be able to take whatever I throw out there and learn from it to see how I'm gonna try to beat her at Rise to Greatness, and then turn it against me.

I am not that fucking stupid.

I'm not coming to Breakdown to win. I'm not coming to Breakdown to do shit for this team I was thrown into.

I'm coming to Breakdown for one thing... to break... down... Selena Frost. Physically? Maybe. Mentally? Absolutely. I've been in her head since the Flame. She keeps getting madder and madder and all I've done is tell her, and everyone else, exactly what's going to happen. Rise to Greatness is my night. I am leaving as World Champion. And dolls, Selena just can't handle it! I should send her a rent check out of pity, for how long I've been taking up residence in her head. But maybe not. I'll be out of there soon... after I take what's mine.

So tomorrow night? I'm gonna do anything and everything it takes to make sure that come next Sunday? I am the stronger, the healthier, the more capable fighter in that ring. Y'all know that when I say anything.... I do mean anything.

Hey SCW, how's that investigation going, by the way?

Kandis smirks.

Breakdown is gonna be fun. Fuck around and make me team with people I can't stand, with the woman carrying what I want across the ring from me? You'll find out how much of a mistake that was for anyone hoping that Selena Frost will still be champion after Rise to Greatness. You're literally giving me a sanctioned opportunity to make sure she's not a hundred percent walking – or maybe limping – in. And everyone knows I never pass up a chance to take advantage of such a sexy opportunity.

Kandis licks her lips, still smirking.

See you soon, dolls. I'm done here, I have more tanning to do.

Kandis starts to carefully turn from her back to her stomach on the raft as the shot fades.
OOC: Also not long enough to bother with the site.

----------------------

What an interesting situation the six of us find ourselves in, isn't it?

Bree Lancaster sits on the raised hearth in front of her library fireplace. No flames of any sort are burning today though. Just bright sunlight through the window to her left.

Let's take a look, okay? You have the two women who be fighting for the World Championship at Rise to Greatness on opposite sides. Okay, that makes sense. You have two out of three teams who will be fighting for the Tag Team Championships on opposite sides. Also makes sense. But the tricky stuff enters when you put names to those titles.

Selena Frost and Bree Lancaster... on the same side? It wasn't all that long ago when that idea was laughable at best, and completely insane the more you thought about it. But... all things change in time. And at this point in time, I'm proud to be standing in the same corner as the World Champion who has done her best to try to maintain what she stands for in the face of adversity hitting her from all directions. I know, I know... there are a lot of people who don't agree with some of Selena's recent.... complaints, about SCW and certain decisions that have been made. The truth is... I don't agree with everything, either. But that's not going to stop me from seeing the good in what she's tried to do and what she is still trying to do. There is corruption and nasty things hiding in SCW's shadow, even if we do disagree on what those things are. I would be remiss if I left out the fact that as Rise to Greatness on the pre-show, Selena's wife Deanna is challenging me for the United States Championship. For my part I can tell Selena and everyone else that I won't let that interfere in what needs to be done at Breakdown. I can only hope Selena feels the same.

My other partner at Breakdown... my actual tag partner, Datura. We've been working together since January. We have a name – Statera. We have ideas, plans, goals. It's true that Liz and I haven't had a regular, two on two tag match together yet. I'm not going to argue with anyone who says that, because it's fact. Where most of you are mistaken is in thinking that fact is a detriment to our chances of success, because no one has seen what we can do. We choose to see it as an advantage though, for exactly the same reason. No one has seen what we can do. No one knows what to expect.

Bree smiles a little, as if she gave away a secret.

We'll bring our best to Breakdown this week, make no mistake about that. But we won't be pulling out anything you can prepare for or use against us at Rise to Greatness, either.  So Ace, Ravyn? I've had my run in's with both of you over the years, we know each other well. Yet we've never faced each other in a situation quite like this one. There's a lot more I could go into with you two,but I will save that for next week. For now... I'm looking forward to figuring all of this out.

And their partner? The woman who's been chasing the World Championship for over a year, Kandis. I might get some heat for this, but I understand where she's coming from. I had three chances to become World Champion that I felt jerked around with, before I finally won the championship. Kandis hasn't had one shot yet, at least not something one on one. I'm not t counting Kim's Trios Chaos thing, even if Kandis does.

That's where my understanding ends, though. I have no use nor respect for anyone who will bring up someone's child's illness in a promo just to strike a nerve. I bet she thought I forgot about that, I am here to tell you all that I did not. I'm sure Kandis won't be worried about or focused on me at Breakdown, not with Selena across the ring from her. But I'll be the bigger woman and leave her with two pieces of advice.

One – don't overlook the forest by worrying about one tree. And two – don't rush in full of anger so fast that you trip over your own feet and fall flat on your face. Kandis may be a few years older than me but I have more ring experience and I can tell her from that experience that letting anger blind you is the fastest way to beat yourself before your opponent touches you. With that said... I haven't forgotten what Kandis said about my son... but I'm not going to let it make me lose focus, either.

At this last Breakdown before Rise to Greatness, the six of us have a chance to work out any kinks in our game, shake off any doubts that might be weighing us down, and gain some momentum before we all step up at the greatest show on earth to our biggest matches of the year. I plan on making the most of it. Selena, Datura, and I hope you three can keep up.

Bree smiles once more before the video ends.