Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Adam Brock vs. Religious Wright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Wolfsbane" Adam Brock vs. "The Prophet of James Evans" Religious Wright

Rise to Greatness XX Undercard

2 RP Limit per person
Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Sunday, July 23,2023

Return of the Wolfsbane

Whoo-wee... This is a long one, folks!!! You might wanna grab a snack before you read it!
==========
Off Camera
==========

John Wright, the wrestler known and tolerated by one and all as Religious Wright, is stumbling around in his empty sanctuary. Well, it isn’t so much of a sanctuary in the traditional sense. It is more of a gymnasium complete with a basketball court. There is a cross in the center of the glass just above the rim. Wright was given some bad news on Breakdown. His emotions were toyed with by a man he thought was his friend and ally. He was taunted and mocked by the false prophet known only as D. The false prophet D led Religious Wright to believe that perhaps James Evans would return to lead SCW and perhaps even lead The Sword of Joshua Full Gospel Pentecostal Temple of Joy Holiness by way of Mt. Judea, Arkansas. It would be quite the money making scheme. He’s already convinced several lame brained losers to donate money to his cause, but imagine if his church was led by a real life celebrity like James Evans? Huge donations galore! Wright could buy up as many hookers as he wants…wherever that’s legal, of course. Unfortunately Wright will not be graced with the presence of his most holy prophet James Evans. Instead he must face a brutish brutally brute known as Adam Brock. Apparently Brock is still a little perturbed at pastor Wright. And the reason? Religious Wright eliminated Brock from Taking Hold of the Flame.

What kind of nonsense is that? Huh? Thirty-nine other people were eliminated from Taking Hold of the Flame. Only one is swearing vengeance upon the person who eliminated them. Seriously, Adam Brock needs to calm down. Maybe take a few tranquilizers? In fact, that might be a good strategy for Rise To Greatness. Before the match, Brother Douglas can shoot Brock with a strong tranquilizer dart. Adam Brock is probably one of those idiots who would agree to let the match go on anyway. Wright can easily sneak in a win! Nevertheless, pastor Wright is feeling down. His path to Rise to Evans wasn’t supposed to be like this. It was supposed to be heaven come to earth! It was supposed to be beautiful! But now his plans are all but ruined. Not all is lost, though. The hero’s journey is always met with ups and downs. This just happens to be one of the (many) down points in Wright’s journey, and it makes for great television in his ongoing documentary about his ministry, his church’s mission to spread the word of James Evans.

Religious Wight is stumbling through the sanctuary (basketball court) with a half drunk bottle of vodka in one hand and a half drunk pint of Guinness in the other. He is wearing his black pastoral robe and he has his underwear on his head. He is singing the song that Brother Douglas typically sings…

“Jesus! Fuck yeah! Brock is a Neanderthal! Fuck yeah! D is gonna regret this! Fuck yeah! Jesus! Fuck yeah! James Evans is gonna return one day! Fuck yeah!” Wright’s nonsensical drunken singing is interrupted by the sound of footsteps across the hardwood. “Huh? Who, wha…who’s there?” He turns around but no one is there…at least not in that moment. A few seconds later and a figure materializes before him, a man who is somewhat translucent in appearance. “Am I seeing things…or am I just drunk?”

“Both.” says the figure before him. Wright, in his drunken stupor, blinks several times to hopefully get a clearer vision of who this is before him.

“Who DARES invade the private property of The Most Reverend Pastor Religious Wright?!”

“Me.” Wright stares at the figure for a few more seconds. Eventually the figure becomes clearer and Wright jumps back, startled to see the figure standing before him is JAMES EVANS!

“JAMES EVANS!” Wright exclaims. He quickly genuflects.

“Kandis, why are you persecuting me?”

“Kandis?” Wright looks up and furrows his brow in confusion. “I’m not Kandis! My ass isn’t big enough!”

“You aren’t Kandis? The chick who is challenging my chosen prophetess Selena Frost for the SCW World Title?”

“No…”

“Fuck.” He sighs. “I thought I told God that I wanted Selena Frost to be my chosen prophetess and spreader of my holy word. Not a loser like you”

“L…loser?!” Wright suddenly looks heartbroken that his hero (even if it may be a drunken delusion) is calling him a loser.

“Do you honestly think I would choose some nutcase who will probably end up competing on the pre-show against another loser who was a waste of space in Taking Hold of the Flame? Heck no! A man of my stature belongs in the main event of Rise To Greatness. And if Selena loses the title, Kandis will probably be my next prophet. I do like that ass.”

“But…but…”

“You know what? You are wasting my time.” The ghost of James Evans sighs. “Maybe I’ll go haunt Datura? She would have made a better prophet than you.” And James suddenly begins to fade away. Wright lunges forward to try and get to him before he goes away but he is too late.

“Noooooo!” Wright screams in agony. “Don’t leave me! Nooooo!”

“Pastor Wright?”

“Huh?” Wright gets up and turns to face Brother Douglas. Brother Douglas is standing where the ghost of James Evans was just standing. “Uh, Brother Douglas, how much of that did you hear?”

“All of it, Pastor Wright. Did you just have a hallucination thinking that I was James Evans?”

“Yes…I mean, NO! I had a revelation!” Wright exclaims quickly, trying to save face. “The Prophet of the LAWD, James Evans, hath told me that I need to be more vicious and ruthless than ever! I need to take no prisoners in my quest to spread the word of tha LAWD!”

“What about Adam Brock?” Brother Douglas points to the bottles of vodka and Guiness. “You seem to be a little worried, pastor.”

“Nonsense! The revelation I just had told me that JAMES EVANS SHALL RETURN AT RISE TO GREATNESS! He shall return and help me achieve victory over the heathen known as Adam Brock!” He holds his arms up high in the air. “PRAISE THA LAWWWWWD!”

==========
On Camera
==========

Mr. Brock, you hedonistic heathen! You foul mouthed miscreant! You seem to full of hate and angst and for what reason, Mr. Brock? All I did to you as eliminate you from Taking Hold of the James Evans Battle Royal! But isn’t that what EVERYONE was trying to do that night, Mr. Brock? Would you not have done the same to me? The lovely, virtuous Miss Kandis who won the taking Hold of the James Evans Battle Royal, why not focus some of your anger towards her if you felt you were cheated? She would have done the same thing to you had to made it far enough. All I did was get to you first and that angers you. That upsets you. It upsets you that a man of the clothe such as myself would eliminate you…Adam Brock, a man who is supposedly feared, was eliminated by a lowly pastor…

…but I do not fear you. I fear not angels or demons. I fear nothing in heaven above or hell below or in that ratty bar down the street with the smelly bartender who can belch Jingle Bells at Christmas time. I only fear my prophet James Evans, for whom I fight, for whom my ministry is dedicated. James Evans would have won the Taking Hold of the James Evans Battle Royal had it not been for Amelia Blythe cruelly injuring him. Now it is upon MY shoulders to continue his mission and to spread his message!

You think I should fear you, Mr. Brock? I have no need to fear you. I was an NCAA Collegiate Wrestling Champion before I went into the ministry. There is nothing that you can throw at me that I will not be able counter and there is no amount of rage and aggression that I will be unable to overcome. Rise To Greatness, Mr. Brock, I will defeat you IN THE NAME OF JAMES EVANS! And my victory will bring about the SECOND COMING OF THE LAWD! THE SECOND COMING OF JAMES EVANS!