Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Chance Owens vs. The One Kirsten Scott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, September 6, 2023
{PROMO}

Each passing day marks a new moment in history for me.  Each day marks a new "longest reign" for me as Television Champion, and puts me one day closer to my goal of becoming one of, if not THE longest reigning Television Champions in SCW history...

But I won't lie, it's not easy...

Week in and week out I feel the pressure mounting on me.  I see why this title has been one that is so hard to hang onto for people.  It's not because they COULDN'T hold onto it, it's because with each victory, it becomes harder the next.

Last week at Breakdown, no different...

You see I walked into a match against someone I knew relatively little about.  I walked into the match without the ability to know, in my head, what I was going to do dissect my opponent, and I won't lie, for one of the first times in my short wrestling career I had some nerves.  I had just won on the biggest stage, and proved that I could step up and fight even when odds were against me.  I had just made the Marshall clan look like kids in an adult fight, when they tried to take it from me.  And last week I was walking into something blindly.  I was walking in with no info, and I was expected to perform like I have been doing.

I can tell you, it was something that truly wasn't fun...

But what happened?

Did the fear overwhelm me?

Did the nerves get the best of me?

No...

Kirsten takes a hit of her vape.

No... It didn't...

But the reality was, I could still feel them, and I knew I had to do something in order to to use them to my advantage, and that's what I did.  I went out there, and I told myself I was going to play it by ear.  I was going to let everything just happen as it may and I was going to do something I hadn't gotten to do in a long time and that was just wing it.  It's not the wisest of strategies.  It's not the smartest.  But it's something I know I can pull out of my bag when needed, and it was one of those nights, that night.  I had to not rest of my laurels of Rise to Greatness, but I had to put it behind me and just throw caution to the wind.

I had to quit thinking methodical, and instead think freely and clearly...

Now, looking back on it, it felt good.  It felt good to just let the hands fly again.  It felt good to just let the chips fall where they may.  And in doing so it reminded me of who I was once in my life, and also reminded me of what that led to when it was my mentality every week in SCW.  You see, while it was fun, and while it kept others on my toes, it also didn't allow me to take advantage of the situation as it would have allowed me to if I had taken the time to focus on what was ahead of me and do my homework.

So while it was fun, it's not a regular occurrence.

It's not an everyday thing...

Instead it's something I'll pull out when the situation requires it, and right now, that situation is behind me.  It's time now to go back to work, and go back to focusing on an opponent who does have a history in SCW, and realize that, while the resume may not be as impressive as some I've faced, it adds to the hunger that he's going to be bringing to this match...

She hits her vape once again, this time much shorter, and quicker.

Chance Owens... While I didn't know the past of Kelsai, you are a bit different.  In fact, you're someone who I know the ENTIRE history of in SCW.  You see, Chance, you came to SCW after I did.  You came here to begin your march to success just a few months after I began my initial reign of terror last year.  And when that was going on I had my eyes looking in all directions because I had no friends.  I had no family.  I had everyone ready to attack me or be attacked by me.  And then this pretty boy arrives, calling himself a "Roadblock," and I'll admit... That made my ears and eyes perk up.

Why?

Because if someone was going to be any kind of "Roadblock" to Kirsten Scott, then they were going to be a problem, in my eyes, at some point.

Now, luckily for you, our paths never crossed before now.  You were fortunate to always keep your detours away from my path.  Either that, or you were SMART to do so.  Whatever the case is or was, you were wise to do so.  You were wise to not cross my path and try and make a bigger name for yourself.

But as of this moment... I'm steaming forward, and you're in my way...

And I get what this means to you.  Hell, I've been in your shoes.  I've been in that moment where it can go from nothing accomplished, to that proverbial "first step" that makes everyone begin to turn their head and look your way.  I have been there Chance.  I know how you are salivating at the, well, "chance" to walk down to that ring and have the biggest win of your short SCW career, and in doing so, begin YOUR run as the Television Champion.  And I respect that.  I respect that with EVERY fiber of my being because everyone should have that same drive.  Everyone should have that push.  Everyone should want it that bad.  So for you to want what is around my waist, I don't blame you, nor do I fault you for it.  But the reality of the situation is...

THIS TITLE BELONGS TO ME!

"The One" begins to get more fired up.

Chance, you drive to succeed I believe is going to be something I won't be able to deny or brush away like I would some people.  Especially right now.  I'm setting my personal best reign with each passing day, and like I said, the pressure is building on me.  For you, there is no pressure.  There is no risk, only reward.  So I know you're going to walk in and throw caution to the wind, wanting to prove to the world that you're part of the new generation of superstar in SCW, and not one of those names that people will inevitably forget as the days and months pass.

I know, Chance, this is your big opportunity to break out among the sea of talent in SCW.  This is your moment to shine.  But that would mean you would have to OUTSHINE me, and that is something that I PROMISE I cannot let happen.  I don't care who you are.  I don't care what you've accomplished, or have yet to accomplish.  You are walking into the ring with a caged animal who is starving for her next name to add to the list of those who she was able to put down during this reign of terror over the Television Title division.  And I know, being that caged animal, you're coming in ready to land that surprising death blow to put me out of my misery, and take my place inside the cage...

Not happening, slick...

I don't care how big, how handsome, or how much you believe this is your opportunity to begin your new career with a bang, you're in there with someone who, almost as recently as you, has set the bar on what that success takes.  Like I said, I've been in your shoes.  I've been in your position.  I've been looking to breakout as the newcomer, but when I did it before you came on the scene in SCW, I DEFINED what it took to shed your cocoon and spread your wings in SCW for the first time.  And it was NOT at my own expense.  That means you will NOT be taking flight, with MY Television Championship.

If you're lucky, you'll stay attached until it's your turn to bloom...

But if you decide to try and be stubborn, then I won't hesitate to clip you from where you hang, watch you fall to your demise, and send you into an oblivion you will never emerge from.  Ultimately that will be your choice because I am not letting this belt leave my possession anytime soon.  I am not letting anyone take from me, what I have had to work my way to earn and defend on the biggest of stages.  I don't care how hungry you are.  I don't care how deserving you think you are.  I don't care if you feel, deep down in your soul, that this is your time, you're not walking away, this time, with the Television Championship.  There may be a day where you do... But it's not at the expense of the woman who is redefining what it means to be the Television Champion.

So I hope you're ready for the biggest fight in your professional wrestling career.  I hope you're ready to give it your all.  I hope you're ready to learn from the mistakes you inevitably make and ultimately use it to become bigger and better.  Because I have a feeling this won't be the ONLY time our paths cross... But it'll definitely be the first time you've had a locomotive blow your "Roadblock" into shards, and you not be able to do a damn thing about it...

And that's not just talk... That is the TRUTH... Just like death, taxes, and Kirsten Scott... THE ONE!
This match has been postponed until September 21st.