Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Sal Darius vs. The One Kirsten Scott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, September 13, 2023
{PROMO}

... Sometimes things happen that cause life to not produce the most optimal of results, and this past Breakdown, it was one of those instances.  Not just for me, but for Chance as well.  You see, we both made a grave mistake when we went out there, and I have to say, it's one I can't say I have ever made before.  I can't speak for Chance, but I can say that for myself.

I took my eye off of the prize...

You see Chance was doing something very few have done in SCW.  He was bringing out the instinct in me to want to simply fight.  The "result" wasn't even in my peripheral view, it was a fight, and he and I took it to one another outside the ring.  I didn't hear the referee.  I didn't pay attention to what was going on.  Instead, he and I were in a dog fight for survival, and that's when the bell ringing brought us both back to reality.  Chance and I both realized we had let our egos get in the way of the Television Championship and what it represents.  Because it represents a workhorse, not someone who let's their ego get in the way.

And I'm going to be honest in a way I usually am not... Chance, I apologize for that... You didn't deserve a fight.  You didn't deserve someone who was being an egomaniac, when a championship was on the line, but that's what I was.  So for that, I apologize, and as a fighting champion, if I hold this title going forward after Breakdown, I'll ensure this is rectified and you get the match you deserve.  I'll promise you that, if I have a say in it, our egos won't get in the way twice and we won't let the referee count to 10.  Instead, we will fight, and do so with the goal of WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP and REPRESENTING IT, versus becoming two idiotic rams just butting heads for the sake of measuring who's, whatever, is bigger...

You deserve that...

I deserve that...

This championship deserves that...

It's what I have wanted to make this title stand for.  I don't want to be the champion who uses outs to avoid people trying to take this title from my grasp.  I want whoever is meant to do so, to do so.  And if it's this week, I'll still argue that you deserve a fair shake.  But if it's me, going forward, I'll be your biggest cheerleader to try and do it yourself.  Because I don't want to say you're out of luck because you didn't win on the first try.  And I don't want you arguing that I took the easy way to keep my title with you.

I want to beat you outright... Just like everyone else!

I don't want a pass... I want the ACHIEVEMENT, UNLOCKED!

Kirsten stretches her neck to the side, feeling the effects of the fight with Chance Owens.

The fact is Chase, you gave me a fight and we ended in the effectiveness of a draw.  We ended up kissing our sister.  So if you think I'm happy with that, would be me thinking you're the same, and I know you're not....

Why?

Because of this...

Kirsten looks over her shoulder at the Television Championship.

You see Chance... i still have what you came for.  I still have something you're going to boast about, that I only have because I took an easy way out.  Well, like I said, I'm you're biggest cheerleader for this championship.  I'm not a champion who backs down from ANYONE.  I don't care if you're a former or current World Champion, I don't care if you the the FIRST to truly win every championship in SCW that you were capable of, I don't care about any of it because the fact is, you haven't beaten me, and you haven't taken the Television Championship off of my shoulder.

So Chance... I will guarantee you an opportunity at this belt after this next Breakdown, whether I hold it or not.  Why?  Because we BOTH still have something to prove.  And if I'm not the champion, it is on you, bud... But if I AM the champion, which I can tell you I plan to be, and I PROMISE, to be, it will be on you AND I to steal the show, and make the world realize that this championship isn't something people scoff at, and say is a mediocre title... But instead realize is the title of the ONLY ONE who SCW can refer to as it's "workhorse."  You see, for some, this is transitional championship, but if you want to begin your quest to be something in SCW, and step up to the titles that many respect more than this, you first have to get it... You first have to establish yourself as a champion... And once this Breakdown is over, you'll have to prove the world that you're better than the woman who can vehemently call herself, "THE ONE!"

Kirsten takes a deep breath and looks down.  She obviously is taking the time to reset her mindset for what is directly in front of her, rather than the what "could be" in front of her after the fact.

... But until that day comes, Chase, you get to watch your fate come to fruition with the reality that is Sal Darius, a man, who , like you, is someone who is new to the Supreme Championship Wrestling world, and is frothing at the mouth for an opportunity to become someone other than a nobody.  And, again like you, trying to do so at the expense of the SCW Television Champion!

So Sal... I guess we have some talking to do, shall we?

Kirsten smirks.

Sal I'll be honest and say that, I'm, honestly, at a bit of a loss for words with you.  You're an enigma to me.  You're one of those cats who I had never heard of, until I was told you wanted a chance at what I covet, and I was forced to do some digging, and try and find out who in the blue hell you are.  As far as SCW went, I found about as much information as the WORLD has on the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa, but I was told you're no newbie to the industry, like Chance and myself.  Instead, you're one of those seasoned vets who has been around the block a few times... Or I would at least assume so after seven years...

From what I can gather you're a pasty, white, wannabe fan of older rap music, who fancies himself to be someone tough, yet is quite literally comparable to me in size.  So for that I ask you openly and honestly...

What are you bringing to the table in our match?

Are you going to come out there Crip walking, and hope I worry that you have "homies with straps up in the crowd?"

Or are you going to bring the normal, actually Caucasian, non-Matt Rife ass, to the ring and hope that a harem of bitches saves you in the long run?

I'm just saying, that's the vibe you're giving off, bro.  You're the guy who wouldn't know how to prepare for a match where that wasn't something you could use in your favor.  You give off the vibe of needing your bitches to do his work for you, and you just kind of stand around and hope that new ones show up and want to join your gaggle of hoes...

I'm not being mean, that's just the ole vibe you give off!  Like you have a melanin deficiency and are hoping the "brothas" finally realize you as one of your own, and to that I say...

DUDE IT DOESN'T WORK FOR EVERYONE!

Like I said, being a wannabe Matt Rife isn't a way to garner street cred, and it sure as hell isn't a way to make me look at you and worry that you're going to walk into the SCW ring, regardless of experience, and take this from me.

Kirsten smirks.

Sal, is that what you were hoping for?  Seriously?  Were you hoping I would see you as this guy with an Italian name, an EmiNOT persona, and immediately begin to worry that you're going to be "that guy?"  Well if so, you vitiligo virgin, you have another thing coming because Kirsten Scott is beginning to do something very few thought she could do, and that is gain traction.  She is beginning to solidify herself as a force to be reckoned with in SCW, and is also establishing herself as one of the best Television Champions of its entire history.

With everyday, it sets a new personal record.  With everyday, I, Kirsten Scott, continue to define my legacy.  With every GODDAMN day, I solidify myself as someone who is in Supreme Championship Wrestling for the long haul, and isn't going to be one of those flash in the pan, one-off, forgettable names in its lore.  Instead I am going to be someone who rewrites history.  I am going to be someone who changes the culture, changes the ideas, changes the PERCEPTION of what it means to be a star here, and it has started with this championship, and now involves you.  It involves you because you're the person they have slotted into the role of "next in line" to try and take this championship off of my shoulder, and for you that means you're next in line to be made an example of, and shown their way back to the locker room with their head down, and their tail between their legs...

Don't believe me?

Then that's on you, Sal... It's on you to accept the reality of your fate.  You're bringing experience to the ring, so you should be wise to the notion of there are those in this world who ARE superior, or in this case, SUPREME, as compared to you.  You should be WISE to the idea that you are not the cream of the crop of and the cock of the wok here.  But I also know you're new.  I also know that you probably think this is somewhere you can put that experience to work.

Right?

Am I right?

Well if you think that about SCW I hope you're ready for the most frustrating and disappointing days of your life because one thing is absolutely certain... You will leave with your eyes wide open... You will understand why Supreme Championship Wrestling was the ballsiest of calls I could have made to START my career, and why I have shocked the world with the successes I have had.  It wasn't because I thought of myself as being greater.  I didn't think I could bring some bullshit background with me to make me sound like I was more prepared than I was.  Instead I was realistic.  I was honest.  I told the world who I LEGITIMATELY was, and what I had never done, and I told them tha I'd be changing their view of me, not because I was "The One," but instead because of what I planned on doing to it's catalog of carbon copies... And I tore them out shredded them, and have left a level of destruction in my wake nobody ever guessed I would.

And now, it's your turn...

At Breakdown, you come for what I covet the most, and yeah, unlike I ever expecyed, it's a title blt.  I'll admit when my opinions change.  And with this championship, they have because of what it represents to me, my mission, and the proof in the pudding of Supreme Championship Wrestling.  It represents everything I have wanted to do.  It's about work rate.  It's about who is willing to be a workhorse and fight night after night, sometimes in the same week even, all for the RIGHT to say they are the most willing superstar to go out there and do what is needed.

I am that star, Sal...

I am that one willing to fight whenever they tell me, so this title doesn't turn into a hot potato...

And most importantly I am the biggest FACT... That SCW has to offer...

Come Breakdown you will learn your lesson.  You will learn that when it comes to this championship and thee hallowed halls, you may still have a lot to learn.  You may have longevity in the business itself, but in Supreme Championship Wrestling the TRUTH, like death and taxes, will be that your fate will be sealed by THE ONE!
{NEHMIAH: Chapter 1}

When it comes to being a human being, everyone shares many of the same qualities of their personality.  Some are positive, some are negative, some are unique to the individual, but the one that cannot be argued that we all suffer from at some point in life, and it could be positive or negative, is naivety.

Many who are considered naive are often considered unintelligent, dumb, or having poor judgment, but the reality is, people are naive in their own ways.  Sometimes naivety comes from a complete lack of experience in a specific scenario, and on the surface, their understanding of the situation may be something completely different.  They may use the logic they have to come up with an answer to a "question" when others are sitting or standing there interpreting the situation completely differently...

Such was the case with the pizza place, and "The Oracle."

In her mind, she was there to order pizza.  She was there to simply order food and enjoy it, just like the rest of the population.  The others, however, began to look around, feel the room, and understand that that it wasn't going to be that easy.  Her naivety didn't stem from her having a lack of intelligence.  Hers stemmed from being locked up, being effectively incarcerated for the majority of her life, and not fully being able to understand the nuances of life outside of that "caged" environment.

But it proved that even those who can look "beneath the surface" of life, and give prophecies the like that have made her, arguably, a real-life fortune teller, even without her realization, we all have a sense of naivety inside of us.

Now when it came to Emma, hers didn't end there, but that moment did open her eyes enough to her own internal sense of naivety.  She started to realize that life wasn't what she thought, or even dreamed of.  It was it's entirely own "Bag" that she was going to have to carry around and slowly unpack, as time went on, depending on the moment.  She also realized she wouldn't be able to just assume that, her wish, her belief, her desire, to only see the good in people, was a reality that would not show her results that could eventually cause her to be disappointed in herself and others.

That's where this chapter, in our lives, however, gets it's reference.

Emma believes in humanity much more than people like myself or Hailey, as we have seen the utmost evil and greed in our own rights.  Instead, Emma sees almost the opposite.  She already sees the destruction around her and believes in the good to rebuild it better than ever.  But while this belief is something she holds tightly to her entire core of beliefs, she doesn't understand where the doom and gloom came from to begin with, especially when it surrounds Hailey, myself, her brother, and deep down, and most importantly, her...

On the outskirts of their hometown, on a small farm rental property, Ethan, Emma, Kirsten and Hailey have taken up residence to begin their full assimilation back into the society they once knew.  For Kirsten especially she wanted to re-acclimate herself to her hometown, but have some actual distance between her and her parents.  The strain put on their relationship from the raid at The Compound is so high, neither side has even made an attempt at contacting the other.  Kirsten is even unaware if her parents have been brought in for use in the case against The Prophets and others, and honestly, she doesn't care.

While the property gives the four people their own space, they have a communal space they spend most of their time, together.  Everyone enjoys one another's company, and on this day they all are in this space, with Ethan watching the television they have, Hailey on her phone scrolling through social media, and Kirsten in the kitchen doing one of the surprising things she finds cathartic, cooking for everyone.  As she is making dinner, Emma slowly slinks her way into the kitchen, worrying she may be interrupting Kirsten in her "happy place," but Kirsten is not oblivious and is quick to welcome The Oracle in.

Kirsten Scott: Hey Emma... What's up?

Emma Taylor: Kirsten... Can I talk to you a bit?

Kirsten Scott: Of course... Always... You OK?

Emma Taylor: Something has been on my mind, and... And I don't want to bug you about it when you're not wanting to talk about things but...

Kirsten slowly turns and looks at Emma with a smile.

Kirsten Scott: Hush...

Emma is a bit stunned, not knowing how to interpret Kirsten's directive.

Kirsten Scott: Emma... You are FREE to talk about anything, anytime, with anyone.  Including me.  I don't care what I am doing.  I don't care where I am.  None of us do.  You are free to speak your mind and, honestly, I could be asleep and you could wake me up and it'd be OK.  That's how we roll here... So seriously... Talk to me...

Emma looks down and smirks.  She realizes that she's not under the "control" of anyone.  It's a fault of hers, stemming from her past, and one that everyone is well aware of and are willing to handle with "kid gloves."

Emma Taylor: You're right... I'm sorry...

Kirsten shakes her head, going back to cooking, while listening.

Kirsten Scott: You have nothing to apologize for, so c'mon in, let's talk... Take a seat up there...

"The One" points at the counter behind her, and Emma, still with her youthful exuberance due to her playing catch-up with her emotional growth, hops up and sits on the counter.

Emma Taylor: Honestly... I want to talk about the other day at AJ's...

Kirsten Scott: Alright... What about it?  Not as good as you were hoping the pizza would be?

Emma Taylor: No... GOD no!  Food wise, I'd go there every day, but it gives Ethan the shits...

From the other room Ethan's voice can be heard bellowing.

Ethan Taylor: NOT MY FAULT I LIKE GARLIC THAT MUCH!

Hailey quickly chimes in.

Hailey Brooks: AAAAAnd let's file that under the TMI category...

Back in the kitchen both Emma dn Kirsten both laugh, as Emma continues.

Emma Taylor: No... What's been keeping me up at night is why everything happened like it did.  Why did the manager come at us so aggressively?  Why was he refusing us service at first?  Why did everyone look at me like I was some kind of "bad guy?"  We were just there to eat some food, and it felt like we had walked into an enemy's home and demanded them to do what we asked...

Kirsten Scott: Honestly, it's kind of complicated, you know...

Emma Taylor: No... I don't... I don't get why we were treated like that...

Kirsten stirs the pan, and tries to explain with her back to Emma.

Kirsten Scott: Emma, you do realize we aren't the most liked people in this area, right?

Emma Taylor: Well I figured people would be annoyed that they couldn't go do what they were doing without being caught, but I didn't figure that was something they'd take out on us.

Kirsten Scott: Emma, it's not that simple.  We brought The Compound down.  We were the ones that caused them to be, effectively, revealed, to the rest of the world as people who would go to a sex club and just fuck whoever they wanted.  That's a world that usually operates with a level of secrecy.  What The Compound turned into was one that had its grip so far deep in the society we live in now, that it isn't just a website of people who want to fuck others.  Instead it was something that was being protected by the police and officials in town.  What we did exposed a lot of people to some major humiliation that will ruin their lives.  And while we know why we did what we did, they don't.  They don't know what made us willing to try and ruin so many lives.  They figure we were given some form of gain from it in a way that makes us dangerous to society, still to this day...

Emma Taylor: I just don't get why people would be so hateful to others, regardless of who they are... It's a damn pizza place, you know?

Kirsten takes a deep breath and turns around to look at Emma.

Kirsten Scott: Sadly it comes down to three people  Your parents, and myself.  And it comes down to what we did to factor into the equation as a whole.  For me, I was the gatekeeper.  I was the one who everyone saw everyday they would go in and out.  I was the "protector" of their identities and their information and I betrayed that.  They don't quite understand the why I did what I did.  But that will come out in the trials and the testimony, and the truth will make people realize I did what I did for you and Ethan's safety.  Well strike that... Hailey and I did what we did...

From the other side of the room Hailey claps back.

Hailey Brooks: Goddamn right you better give me my kudos!

Both Emma and Kirsten smirk.

Kirsten Scott: ... But people think I did everything I did selfishly.  They don't realize I didn't get anything out of it, and none of us really did.  Yeah, I grabbed some of the stashes of cash they had, and I told the feds I did so we could survive.  It was chump change compared to what they were going after the real bad guys for... And sadly, that was your parents.  Your parents did a lot to hurt and scare people in this community far worse than you'll ever probably understand.  And that will be because I will never say everything I know to you.  You were traumatized enough.  They abused you.

People don't know that, though...

All they know is of the "majestic" Oracle, who some think I now captured for my own benefit.  They don't realize what we all did to get us ALL out of that situation, and honestly, I leave it alone.  If they are so hung up on the idea of "The One" kidnapping "The Oracle," let them file some kind of lawsuit, and it be dismissed as fast as they filed it.  Because they truth is, the courts know.

They don't...

So people think I manipulated you and coerced you to come with me for my personal gain.  I'm the bad guy.  I'm the one who everyone sees as "evil" because they don't know what your parents did to them, in order to extort them for money.

Emma Taylor: But... They saw us turn them in, didn't they?

Kirtsen sighs.

Kirsten Scott: Humanity isn't as easy as you'd want to believe, Emma.  PEOPLE, as a whole, aren't as simple as that.  They see things and allow manipulation to drive their belief system.  Be it by religion, money, ideology, whatever.  People let themselves find those who tell them what they want to hear and they follow it.  It's a weakness we all have, including me, including you, including Hailey, and including Ethan.  We are all naive in our own way.

I was naive thinking that if I achieved the goal Hailey set forth, and became "The One," I could make The Compound a place that was less of a cesspool than it was.  And I was wrong.  I was assimilated into it, until I saw what they did to you and I was shocked to the core of what I waa supporting.  These people, they haven't been shocked to that core because they haven't heard everything about you, and about what their scheme was.  To them, it was still just a place for them to be swingers.  It wasn't a place where they were constantly extorted for money in various ways.  But that will come in time.

But with you... You're not like the rest of the world.  And I want you to know that.  You see the positive in those who look at us negatively.  You don't see a manager who is looking at me because he paid his fee to get his rocks off with someone else's wife, while they watched.  You see the manager of a pizza place.  You see the soul of the person that I see the facade of.  And like me, he sees "The One," and not Kirsten Scott, who is there just to eat.

You see past that...

You always see the good...

But one thing you need to understand is that everyone else doesn't have your gift.  They don't have the ability to see the good in everyone.  People tend to believe that everyone is selfish and out for their own gain.  The way politics, religion, and ideological dividing have the world thinking has many at the point they're assuming the worst, and expecting the least.  That's why at first, he wanted us to leave.  He thought I was there on some mission.  He didn't believe I'd be bringing you to a public setting without the desire to use you.  People are simplistic.  He was simplistic.  When he heard you speak, when he heard us all speak, and reiterate that all we wanted was food and no trouble, his view of reality began to change.  When he saw us not cause problems, not be awkward, enjoy our meal, and leave, we changed one person.

We won a battle...

So going forward, we have to think that way because we are going to inevitably be met with resistance.  People are going to want to say "no shoes, no shirt, no service," as a means to kick us out.  But we have to show we respect them, express our desires, and try and hope for the best.  Because the more people we can convince we aren't the "bad guy," the more people will tell their friends, and let me tell you this... The word of mouth is more powerful than the "proof is in the pudding" that we can provide...

Emma smiles, understanding what Kirsten is saying, but without missing a beat, reverts the focus back to what Kirsten has said, reality...

Emma Taylor: Your sauce is burning...

Kirsten turns around quickly.

Kirsten Scott: FUCK!

Everyone begins to chuckle hearing Kirsten's immediate change from "prophet," in her own right, to worried cook about the sauce for the meal she was making her friends/family.  Emma jumps off of the counter and walks up behind the woman she looks upon as the "big sister she always dreamed of" and hugs her.  Kirsten pauses briefly, realizing the moment, and then immediately goes back to trying to save the sauce she had worked on from breaking.  Emma leaves, and everyone goes back to doing their own thing, waiting for dinner to be ready.

In Emma's mind, she now sees things in a new light.  She is starting to understand that people may not view them as the "good guys" until everything comes to light, and she is OK with the waiting game in the process.  For now, though, she is happy that she has a group of people around her who don't hide the world from her and let her realize that everything is not perfect, but instead riddled with questions, concerns, sadness, and anger, allowing her to see things even more clearly than she was in the beginning.