Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Twisted & Sadistic vs. Light in the Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW World Tag Team Championship

After Body, Heart, and Soul, this match became official. Dark Fantasy failed to regain the World Tag Team Championship in another classic against Light in the Darkness. But Brittany Lohan’s involvement has been the talking point. Lexy Chapel is on the warpath and Light in the Darkness are notorious for their desire to do the right thing. What could happen come Breakdown and will Dark Fantasy get involved? Or will we see another amazing tag spectacle on Breakdown with Glory Braddock potentially able to make history and become a Supreme Champion if she wins?

4 RP limit for tag

No Word Limits

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, January 31, 2024
1 of 2

==========
January 21st, 2024
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

Glory Braddock and Brittany Lohan, the team known as Twisted & Sadistic, have been a dominant force in the SCW tag team division since reuniting several months back. Twisted & Sadistic have only had a few minor bumps in the road on their path towards the SCW World Tag Team Championship Match that they have been fighting for. Despite their dominance of the tag team division, Braddock and Lohan were not part of the tag team title match at Body, Heart, and Soul. The privilege to challenge Light in the Darkness for the belts belonged to former champions Dark Fantasy. It was frustrating to have to sit on the sidelines and watch from a distance. It was frustrating not to actively compete at Body, Heart, and Soul. The British Bombshell is hard wired to be a competitor. Sitting around doing nothing is just not her style. But her time to sit on the sidelines is now over. The patience that Twisted & Sadistic have had to endure is paying off. Braddock and Lohan were promised a championship match against the winner of the tag team title match at Body, Heart, and Soul. All of the fighting, the struggle, and the waiting have finally paid off for Twisted & Sadistic. They will get their long sought after SCW World Tag Team Championship Match on Breakdown against the winner. And since La Pequina Luz and Amelia Blythe managed to survive the challenge of Dark Fantasy, that means it will be Twisted & Sadistic challenging Light in the Darkness.

But not all was without controversy. The British Bombshell and The War Machine were seated ringside for the SCW World Tag Team Championship Match. It was Braddock’s idea. She wanted to do some scouting ahead of their tag team title match against the winner on Breakdown. She didn’t expect that her tag team partner Brittany Lohan would involve herself in the match. Lohan reached over the railing and assaulted Ravyn Taylor of Dark Fantasy when the official wasn’t looking. Did it hand Light in the Darkness a victory? Perhaps. Did it create controversy and impact the result? Definitely. Blythe and Luz were able to put away Syren with ease without Ravyn able to intervene. Nevertheless, what’s done is done, Dark Fantasy are now out of the equation and Twisted & Sadistic are up. Glory and Brittany have their shot at winning the titles. Braddock has her chance to become Supreme Champion.

With Body, Heart, and Soul coming to an end, The British Bombshell has decided that she should treat herself and her friend and tag team partner Brittany Lohan to some drinks at a nearby bar. It comes recommended by her cousin, Boston native Angelica Jones. On top of that, this bar happens to have karaoke, a hobby that Glory particularly enjoys. This bar is dimly lit and exudes a cozy atmosphere with its warm plain, simple decor. Posters of various celebrities and musicians from the Boston area line the walls. The bar area is full with patrons seated on leather stools. There is a DJ nearby operating the karaoke for the evening. Brittany Lohan is seated at a table on the far edge of the bar. It wasn’t Lohan’s idea to make the trip to Boston for Body, Heart, and Soul. She was furious that CHBK gave Ravyn and Syren the tag team title match instead of her and Braddock. Perhaps this played a role in why Lohan chose to assault Ravyn? Glory was angry too, but being the voice of reason in Twisted & Sadistic, she tried to convince Lohan that the silver lining lies in the fact that they at least will get a guaranteed tag team title match on Breakdown against the winners. That is a positive, but it doesn’t soothe Lohan much. It certainly doesn’t justify in her mind coming to Body, Heart, and Soul when they weren’t scheduled to compete.

“Miss me?” Glory Braddock’s voice startles Lohan back to attention. She looks up in time to see Glory Braddock approaching their table. The British Bombshell carries two bottles of Guinness, one in each hand. “You never told me what you wanted so I got you a Guinness…” she places one of the bottles in front of Brittany. She nods her approval.

“Thanks.”

“Look, I know coming here for Body, Heart, and Soul might not have been your idea of a good time, mate…”

“No, it wasn’t.” Lohan answers. But then she takes a swig of her Guinness and sighs. “But you’re treating me to drinks and this night out, so its good.”

“Anything for you, mate.” Glory grins as she sits down at the table next to Brittany. “You stepped up to be my tag partner when I had no one else. I was hesitant and reluctant to agree, I wasn’t sure Twisted & Sadistic still had mileage left, but you convinced me to take the chance, and it worked out. I can be one really stubborn human being, but you put up with it through thick and thin. Now look at us. We have dominated the tag team division and we are on the doorstep of becoming SCW World Tag Team Champions.”

“It’s about time.” Lohan remarks. “We should have already had this title match.”

“I agree.” Braddock sighs. “But we did lose to Dark Fantasy…”

“Do NOT remind me of that.”

“Unfortunately it happened. But at least we still get our opportunity. Though we cannot take any chances. That’s why I thought it was important for us to be here tonight. We were able to scout the competition. We were able to firsthand watch Light in the Darkness defend against Dark Fantasy.”

“Front row center. Best seats in the house.” Lohan says with a smirk as she sips her drink.

“Yeah…” Braddock’s voice trails off “...maybe that part wasn’t such a good idea?”

“What do you mean? If I had to be here at least let me clobber someone and there’s no one more deserving of a good ass whipping than Ravyn.”

The British Bombshell sighs with a hint of frustration in her voice. “You won’t find me disagree with you on that one, mate. I don’t trust Ravyn or Syren. I don’t care what they have accomplished. I lost all respect for the both of them after the way they manipulated their way into power, using Katya D. And yeah, I agree that Ravyn deserved what she got tonight.”

“I sense that there’s a ‘but’ coming…” Brittany remarks with an arched brow.

“But I DO respect Amelia Blythe. I respect La Pequina Luz. And you definitely played a role in helping them win tonight.”

“They should thank me.” Lohan says with a shrug as she sips on her drink. Glory rolls her eyes.

“You don’t get it mate. Light in the Darkness are like me, they want to get the job done the right way. They want to prove that they are the best and you do that by beating people like Dark Fantasy fair and square. They won’t be happy with us.”

“Tough.” Brittany answers coldly. “Ravyn and Syren don’t play fair. I did Blythe and Luz a favor.”

“I doubt they’ll see it that way.” Glory chuckles. “That makes our match against them on Breakdown that much more challenging. I’m sure they’ll be even more determined to stick it to us.”

“Let them try.” Lohan remarks stoically. “They retained their belts tonight. Now they defend against us and we’ve already beaten them once.” Brittany shrugs. “What’s there to know?”

“Plenty.” Glory answers back quickly. “Trust me, we cannot take this opportunity for granted.”

“I know, I know,” Brittany sighs “I don’t need another reminder.” She takes another swig of her Guinness. “Sorry for my attitude. I’m just frustrated.”

“No apologies are necessary, mate.” Glory remarks smiling warmly. “I get it, we have been fighting for this opportunity for a long time. We have more than proven that we are worthy after beating nearly every team in the division. But that’s why it’s important not to let up, not even once. We have to make this opportunity count. Look at how long it took to get it. We might not get another opportunity if we fail.” Glory points out. Lohan nods her head.

“I understand. I’ll try to behave. Thanks for taking me out tonight, by the way.”

“Don’t mention it.” Braddock grins. “Consider it some team building exercise.”

“Team building, huh? Right.” Lohan sighs. “I still think we could have done some team building elsewhere. We didn’t have to come to Boston. I mean, don’t you have your own little problem back in Miami?”

“Problem?” Glory furrows her brow. “What do you mean?”

“That chick’s name. Your old rival.”

“Oh you mean Melody.” Glory nods her head. “Yes, well, she is safe and sound in Miami right now. I’m certain of it.”

“Safe from what, exactly?”

“I have a suspicion that someone may be targeting her. So I figured if someone IS targeting her, then let’s keep her away from her home in England?”

“Makes sense. But why have your longtime bully stay at your own home? With your husband no less? That’s a lot of trust if you ask me.”

“I get it, I really do.” Glory sighs. “Melody and I used to be very close. And she did become my biggest tormenter when we were kids. But she has changed. I truly believe it. And I want to help her out in any way I can.”

“You’re good people, Glory.” Brittany says as she sips her beer. “I wouldn’t have helped her.”

“You would have snapped her neck.”

“Easiest way to deal with a problem.” Brittany answers, shrugging her shoulders.

“True but not always the right way to solve a problem.” Glory sighs. “To be honest, I’m not even sure that I am doing the right thing. I want to believe that Melody has changed, or at least is trying to change, if not for my benefit then for the benefit of my best friend Matthew who she is about to marry.”

“She’s marrying to best friend?” Brittany asks. Glory nods her head. “Now that is tough. Are you sure you don’t want me to break her in half for you?”

“No.” Glory says insistently. “And yet, I am still not sure just helping her blindly is right. There is that small bit of fear, that concern that she might just be taking advantage of me.”

“It’s the risk you run when you are a good person. And you are really good people, Glory. You’re helping an old rival of yours, you are also here in Boston scouting future competition, now we have a tag team title match coming up.” Lohan chuckles.

“I need to get all of this stuff off of my mind, even if just for a moment, and try to relax.”

“I can see why you think a night on the town like this is a good idea. You need something to relax yourself after running around the way you do.”

“It’s a tough job being me but someone has to do it.”

Brittany laughs. Surprising coming from her. Then she points up to the DJ. “Speaking of relaxing and having fun, why aren’t you up there?”

“Where?”

“Up there for karaoke.” Brittany points out. “You love karaoke. I’m surprised you haven’t signed up.”

“Well…” Glory’s voice trails off, there is a hint of uneasiness as her voice cracks “...there may be reason for that…”

“What are you talking about?” Brittany’s eyes grow wide as it dawns on her what Glory might be referring to. “You didn’t…”

“Just listen, Britt…”

“Tell me you didn’t invite her!”

The ‘her’ Brittany is referring to is none other than Aphrodite Noel, the woman Glory Braddock has long considered to be a mother figure to her. Glory learned everything she knows about surviving and thriving in the corporate world from Aphrodite. Glory has long relied upon Aphrodite’s wisdom and guidance to survive the cutthroat backstage politics not just of the corporate world but in the backstage wrestling world, as well. And ever since Glory’s parents passed away, the two have grown even closer. Glory would do anything for Aphrodite and likewise Aphrodite would do anything for the woman she considers her daughter. Having Aphrodite Noel working with them, even in the form as an advisor or manager, is one of the best things Glory Braddock could have hoped for. The opposite holds true for Brittany Lohan. Brittany does not trust Aphrodite. The feeling is mutual. In fact, the last time they met Aphrodite accused Brittany of being the reason that Twisted & Sadistic have not won the tag team titles yet. Just like any doting mother, Aphrodite will favor Glory Braddock, which puts Brittany Lohan in a very awkward position.

Brittany wants to take her leave but she can see that it is too late. Glory is grinning from ear to ear as she watches Aphrodite Noel approaching their table. Just to make sure that she knows where they are sitting, Glory starts waving her hand to get her attention. “Over here, mother!” Lohan sighs as Noel catches sight of the two of them. Noel approaches their table.

“Why did you invite her?” Brittany demands.

“I wasn’t going to invite her…” Glory begins “...but she called me and told me about how she wants to help advise us, she wants to help guide us in SCW. She wants to help manage us to becoming SCW World Tag Team Champions. So I thought it might be a nice idea to invite her tonight.”

“We have done perfectly fine by ourselves, Glory.” Lohan remarks. “We earned this tag team title match on our own.”

“Yes, you may have a tag team title match,” Aphrodite begins coldly “but did you truly earn it, or did CHBK give you the leftovers of tonight’s Light in the Darkness/Dark Fantasy match? If you had earned it you would have challenged for the titles tonight, not on Breakdown. Seems to me like you were lucky runners up.”

“Great…” Brittany swigs her Guinness “...thanks for the drink, Glory. Turns out I might need another three or four to get through this.”

“Drinking while you two should be discussing strategy? Scouting Light in the Darkness?” Noel shakes her head with disappointment. “You truly are a bad influence upon my daughter. No wonder you are in such a situation.”

“The drinking was her idea!” Brittany protests.

“Yes, the drinks was my idea, mother.”

“It’s ok.” Aphrodite pats Glory on the back. “I understand. It was her influence.”

Once again Aphrodite is throwing Brittany under the bus. This infuriates Lohan but at the same time she knows just how loyal her friend and tag team partner Glory is to Aphrodite. Brittany is almost that loyal to Glory, loyal to a fault, and at the same time Brittany also wants to become SCW World Tag Team Champions. She wants to pound Aphrodite into the ground right here and now but if she does she knows that it probably means the end of Twisted & Sadistic. Like it or not, she will have to put up with Aphrodite’s presence. For now.

“All is well now that I am here.” Aphrodite declares. “So tell me, Gloria, who are the champions, the team that will have the distinct honor and privilege of being beaten by you on Breakdown?”

“La Pequina Luz and Amelia Blythe.” Glory answers. “Light in the Darkness.”

“Yeah, we beat them before once.” Lohan chimes in. “Should be no problem.”

“Excellent. Plus, they tend to play fair. Syren and Ravyn, you cannot trust those two.” Aphrodite smirks at Brittany. “Had you lived up to your end of the bargain, Brittany, Dark Fantasy wouldn’t even have been in the equation. But that’s ok, Luz and Blythe dealt with Dark Fantasy, and now YOU can deal with Luz and Blythe.”

“Oh for the love of God…” Lohan is enraged but one look at Glory calms her back down. Then she looks at her near empty bottle of Guinness. Brittany finishes the beer off in one quick gulp and slams it down on the table. “...tell you what, I’ll be back…” Brittany gets up and walks back over towards the bar. Glory looks nervously at Aphrodite.

“You shouldn’t push her buttons, mother.”

“Trust me, I know what I am doing.”

“Do you?” Glory asks. “Britt is showing lots of restraint here but only because I’m here. The second I’m out of sight, she might very well snap you in half if you continue to agitate her like this.”

“I understand her anger all too well, Gloria.” Aphrodite remarks. “And I also understand that an angry Brittany Lohan is the best version of Brittany Lohan that you need. You need an enraged War Machine by your side. That version of Brittany will take all of that anger out of Luz and Blythe. Instead of breaking me in half, she will break THEM in half. And you, Gloria, will then become Supreme Champion.”

“Yes, me and Brittany will be tag team champions.” Glory states, correcting Aphrodite, who just brushes it aside.

“Yes, yes, that too, but more importantly my daughter will be a Supreme Champion.” She smiles proudly at Glory. “I am so proud of you.”

“Thank you, mother. Although I still do not like what you are doing.”

“Trust me. Mother knows best.” Aphrodite says, patting her on the back. “Now then, before she gets back let’s catch up. Is your husband Kurt still well?”

“He’s fine. Except he misses being on the road with me.” Glory sighs. “I think he wanted to come to Body, Heart, and Soul with us.”

“Oh?” Aphrodite arches her brow. “And why did he stay behind?”

“That’s a different problem altogether.” Glory sighs. “He has to babysit my old school rival Melody Murphy.”

“Melody who?”

“Murphy.” Glory shakes her head. “She might be the target of an assassination and so I’m hiding her in my home until things cool down.”

“That’s quite a noble thing of you to do.” Aphrodite nods her head. “I would have left at the mercy of whoever is trying to kill her.”

Braddock chuckles. “Now you are beginning to sound like Britt.” Aphrodite shudders upon hearing this. Glory laughs. “But…uh…Melody claims she’s changed. She claims she wants to make peace with me. She’s even going to marry my longtime childhood friend Matthew Taylor. But I’m still finding it difficult to believe that she really has changed. I am finding it hard to trust her.”

“I see…well, Gloria, it may be difficult to trust someone like this Melody, especially if she once bullied you, but I think you should give her a chance.”

“Really?” Glory is somewhat surprised at that answer from Aphrodite. Aphrodite nods her head.

“Of course. I mean, just look at you and I. You once were so disrespectful towards me. But now look at you. You went from being my bitter enemy to my obedient daughter. My picture of perfection.”

“Thank you, mother.” Glory says, her face beaming with pride.

“And if you can change, so can this Melody.”

At that moment Brittany Lohan returns to the table carrying two drinks in her hand, a bottle of Guinness and a glass of wine. “I hope I didn’t interrupt you two lovebirds.”

“Not at all.” Glory says. Aphrodite rolls her eyes.

“Good. Like I said, I needed another drink.” She slides the glass of wine across the table to Aphrodite. “And I decided to get some wine for you. Consider it a peace offering.”

“A peace offering?”

“Yeah.” Lohan nods her head. “If we have to work together, why not do so over some booze?”

“You are a little crass.” Aphrodite sighs. “But then again, there is nothing wrong with a nice glass of wine.”

“Great.” Brittany smirks as she looks over at Glory. “See? We can work together.”

This is going to be an interesting dynamic and both Glory and Brittany know it. Glory Braddock began her separate relationships with both Aphrodite Noel and Brittany Lohan as their enemies but eventually became allies of both. Yet she finds herself caught in the middle in this situation where Aphrodite and Brittany find it very difficult to get along with each other. Tonight was the first of what will surely be many tests to see if this new dynamic can work out. They passed the test with flying colors. The next test will be if Glory Braddock and Brittany Lohan can win the SCW World Tag Team Championships from Light in the Darkness on Breakdown. If they can pass the test, if they are successful, Glory Braddock will have achieved her set goal of becoming Supreme Champion. More importantly, she will once again be tag team champion with her longtime friend Brittany Lohan. This is an opportunity that doesn’t happen often. Glory and Brittany do not have to say anything, they both know that they have to make the most of this opportunity.
2 of 2 for Glory
=====

==========
January 27th, 2024
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Glory Braddock is a very busy woman with a lot on her plate. Among other items on her agenda is the SCW World Tag Team Championship Match next week on Breakdown. Finally, after months of fighting, scratching, and clawing, after months of waiting and being patient, The British Bombshell and her tag team partner, Brittany Lohan, will take on Light in the Darkness with the World Tag Team Titles on the line. For Braddock this is the culmination of a long journey. She joined SCW several years ago with even some of her close family and friends doubting her ability to hang with the level of competition in the promotion, and now, after all of this time, she has proven them all wrong by winning every championship; all but one and that one last remaining title are the Tag Team Titles. Defeating Amelia and Luz isn’t just about becoming Tag Team Champions, it isn’t even just about becoming Supreme Champion, although both are incredibly prestigious honors. Most important to The British Bombshell, this is about putting that final stamp upon her SCW career. This is about proving to everyone who ever doubted, herself included at times, that she more than just belongs in SCW. She is SCW elite. Becoming Supreme Champion puts her in an elite category of superstar. And she wouldn’t want to achieve this without her friend Brittany Lohan. The War Machine and The British Bombshell started out as enemies but that rivalry quickly turned to respect and then into an unstoppable tag team force, winning tag team gold on multiple occasions. Now the duo known as Twisted & Sadistic have a chance to have one final ride as champions, one final ride as the best tag team in the world. They just have to overcome a red heat Light in the Darkness, a team that has all the momentum in the world behind them. No way will that be an easy feat to accomplish.

Another important item on Glory’s busy schedule is dealing with the still unresolved problem of her friend turned enemy turned maybe friend again, the former bully now wealthy corporate businesswoman Melody Murphy. Braddock and Melody’s relationship mirror that of Braddock and Lohan’s in that they have had their fair share of ups and downs. Except in this case, Glory and Melody started out as close friends. Until suddenly and abruptly it all changed. Melody began tormenting her, bullying her, treating her as if she were garbage. They quickly grew apart and Braddock completely lost contact with Melody after she began training with her father, Glenn Braddock, to become a wrestler. Only just this past year did Melody resurface into Glory’s life with three motives; she wants to invest in Braddock’s company, Glorious Golden Enterprise. She wants to marry Glory’s childhood best friend Matthew Taylor. After much reluctance and debate, Glory eventually agreed to do business with Melody. As for the marriage? Glory cannot stop what two consenting adults want to do. Glory even agreed to be Matthew’s ‘Best Woman’ in the marriage. But its the third motivation that still bothers The British Bombshell; Melody claims that she wants to be friends with Glory again. Braddock has attempted to give Melody a chance. The pair, with another mutual friend Francis Taylor, even went out for a night on the town in Charlotte shortly after Melody’s engagement to Matthew was announced. But that night was ruined when a horribly placed car bomb nearly took their lives. Ever since then everyone has been on edge, not sure who was the target and why. Glory has done her best to try and maintain a friendly relationship with Melody. She even invited Melody to stay with her and Kurt at their Miami home until the car bombing investigation ends. Despite all of this, Glory finds it very difficult to trust Melody.

Still, despite the unease of the situation, Braddock does find herself enjoying the time she spends with her former friend. The British Bombshell is wearing a pair of silk purple pajama bottoms and a purple top. Braddock is carrying two glasses of wine with her as she enters the luxurious living room of her Miami home where she finds Melody Murphy seated on the sofa with her legs tucked up under her. Melody is dressed similarly to Braddock, only she is wearing pink pajama bottoms and a pink top. The British Bombshell sits down next to her and hands her a glass of wine.

“Thanks Maria…” Melody laughs softly and uneasily “...uh, sorry. I forgot you don’t like being called by your middle name anymore.”

“It’s ok.” Braddock nods her head. “All throughout our childhood you called me Maria and it was fine then. It’s what you’re used to, so why change things up?”

“You lost your bloody temper the last few times I tried to call you that.”

“Can you blame me?” Glory grins wryly. “I mean, I hadn’t seen you in almost two decades and back then you were my biggest tormenter.”

“Yeah. I know.” Melody sips her wine. “It’s funny, because you’re right, I made your life hell. It would be so easy just to let me fend for myself, risk it all by making myself a target in my known hangouts back home in England. But you took me in and let me stay here with your absolutely lovely family.”

“Oh come off it, mate.” Glory scoffs. “You, me, Francis, we all barely escaped a car bombing. There is a good chance you were the target. So its safer if you were somewhere else, somewhere no one would expect you to be, and that is right here with me.” Glory answers. Melody nods her head.

“Thanks, Maria.”

“Don’t mention it.” Braddock sips on her wine. “Besides, it isn’t like you have nothing to do here, right? We have lots of business to do, you and I. We’re business partners now, you’re involved with my company, we can continue working on that. We can also discuss your wedding arrangements.” She smirks. “Because Matty is a good friend of mine and there is no way in hell I’m letting you ruin this moment for him.”

“What about Francis?” Melody asks curiously. “She’s involved in the business partnership. Its her brother I’m marrying. Plus she was also targeted. Is she safe?”

“Francis will be fine.” Glory insists with a nod of her head. “She can take care of herself. Its you I’m worried about.”

“Thanks, Maria.” Melody says quietly. “You have no idea how much this means to me.”

“Hey, what kind of monster would I be if I didn’t help?” There is an awkward silence for a few moments as Melody stares at Glory. Glory, for her part, isn’t making eye contact. Melody studies Braddock for a few more moments before speaking up and breaking the silence.

“So do you trust me again? Are we friends again? Or is all of this…letting me do business with you, agreeing to help with the marriage, and this, protecting me…is all of that just because its…”

“...because its the right, decent thing to do?” Glory finishes Melody’s thoughts for her. Melody nods her head and chuckles softly.

“Yeah…that’s it. We always could finish each other’s thoughts. We were that close once.”

“We were indeed.” Glory acknowledges. “And yes…”

“Yes what?”

“Yes, I am doing this just because it’s the decent thing to do.”

“Right…” Melody seems to be a little disappointed upon hearing this. Braddock can almost sense the tension now in the air. She turns to look at Melody. Braddock sees the look on her face and sighs out of frustration.

“Look, I’m sorry, but what do you expect?”

“I know.” Melody nods her head. “I brought it on myself.”

“You really did. You lost my trust a long ass time ago. It will take a long time to repair that bridge, mate. I admit, you’ve made some progress, and I am doing my level best to trust you. But there is still that lingering doubt about you, mainly because I know you. I was once exactly like you. You and I, we were the mean girls in school. You, me, and Francis, we were the bullies. And just like you I didn’t care who I hurt, I was just self-absorbed, consumed in myself.” She points a finger at Melody. “But you turned on me, Melody. Out of the blue you betrayed me and turned the whole school against me. You got the entire school to bully me but you were the primary instigator.”

“And you have no idea how sorry I am, Maria.” Melody sighs. She is becoming emotional. Glory can see the tears forming in her eyes. “And I meant it when I said that this investment deal with your company, it was really just a chance to work with you again, because I wanted my friend back. Can’t we just forget about the past and try to live in the present while looking into the future?”

“I want to believe you, mate. I really do.” Braddock shakes her head. “But there’s still one nagging thing on my mind, one question that needs to be answered before you and I can go any further. I need one question answered before I can move on from the past.” Glory sets her wine glass down on a table and glares daggers at Melody. “People don’t just wake up and suddenly decide ‘oh, I’m gonna betray my best friend today!’ So tell me, Mel, why did you betray me? Why did you kick me out of our clique and turn the whole school against me?” Now tears are forming Glory’s eyes. “You were my best friend! For years I was troubled with the nagging feeling that I had done something wrong, that I had brought it all upon myself!”

“I…I’m sorry….” Melody shakes her head “...but I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Friendship is based on honesty, Mels. If you want my trust and my friendship back, if you want your pal Maria back, then you need to be honest with me. Why did you suddenly decide to treat me like crap?”

“You really want to know?”

“Yes!” Glory demands, her voice slightly louder now.

“Fine. The truth is that I was…” she hesitates before she answers “...I was jealous.”

“Jealous?” Glory is taken aback. “Jealous of what? I mean, our clique was based on wealth and prominence. Bloody hell, you were the wealthiest of us all. My family wasn’t even that particularly wealthy back then, I was only part of the clique because of my last name. What the hell did I have that made YOU of all people jealous?”

“Your boyfriend.” Melody answers.

“Thomas?” Back then Glory dated Thomas Gage. To this day Glory and Thomas maintain a friendly relationship. Thomas even is a business partner, helping pay for full health coverage of every one of Glory’s employees. She is surprised that Melody once was jealous about Thomas.

“Thomas was handsome, that was a plus, but it wasn’t the looks that I cared about.” Melody snickers. “You know me. Back then I had guys knocking each other down to get a piece of me. I could have had my choice of any guy in the school. But Thomas was different, specifically what you and Thomas had was different. He adored you, Maria. He worshiped you, not just for your looks but for who you were as a person. The guys I dated didn’t give a damn about me. They only cared about my looks or because I was wealthy. I was jealous because you had what I wanted…a guy who actually loved you for who you were inside and not just for your outward appearance. The guys I dated never gave a damn enough about me to get to know me, they just wanted to see if they could get in my pants. But Thomas cared for you. That’s what made me jealous.” Melody finishes her wine in one big gulp and puts the glass down. “I had wanted to tear you down for a long time but I knew I had nothing on you. You were just as popular as me. The guys looked at you with that same lust as they did me. You were untouchable. But then you got pregnant with his child. And Thomas got scared and ran off. That did two things for me. One, it made me feel better knowing that Thomas wasn’t as perfect a boyfriend as he led us all to believe. Two, it gave me ammunition to use against you.”

“The other kids would have bullied me eventually anyway, Mels.” Glory shakes her head. “You didn’t have to do anything.”

“No, they feared you because they FEARED US, they feared our clique. Like I said, you were untouchable. So I turned everyone against you. I used my influence to make you the laughing stock of the community. I saw the opportunity to lift myself up by putting you down.” Melody starts crying now. “I was stupid, Maria. I was just a stupid kid. It was wrong of me. Please…” she sighs “...please forgive me.”

Glory Braddock stares at this woman, a woman who has been a strong, influential, and even feared human being most of her life. She has never seen her this vulnerable before. She knows that this would be the perfect opportunity to get her revenge. Karma, as they say, is a bitch. But instead, The British Bombshell chooses mercy. She reaches out and embraces Melody in a hug.

“It’s ok, love. We were both stupid kids. We were immature kids. We did stupid things. All you had to do was be honest with me about it. That’s all I ever wanted.” After breaking the embrace Glory smiles warmly at her friend. “Of course I forgive you.” Glory hands Melody a tissue. Melody nods her head and then wipes the tears from her eyes.

“Thanks, Maria.”

“You know what’s ironic, though?” Glory asks.

“What?”

“All this started because you were jealous of the kind of relationship I had with Thomas, which is the same kind of relationship I now have with Kurt.” She points at Melody. “But you have that same thing with Matty.”

“You think so?” Melody asks. Glory nods her head.

“The only person who knows Matty better than me is his sister Francis. Part of why I questioned your relationship with him was because upscale, prissy, frilly women aren’t his type. But as time went on I could tell that he was looking past the glitz and glamor of your outward appearance and sees the human being inside, he sees my best friend Melody for the wonderful person she is, just like how Thomas and Kurt both were able to see me for the person I am.”

“I used to bully Matthew. I thought was too plain and trashy.” Melody says quietly. Glory nods her head.

“Yes, that’s another reason I had my doubts. But you have matured to the point where you can look past his outward appearance and see him for the wonderful guy he is.” She pats Melody on the back. “You are a lucky woman, Mels. You not only got your best friend back but you got a good man in Matty. Do NOT screw this up.”

==========
January 31st, 2024
Charlotte, NC
On Camera
==========

We open just outside of the modern marvel that is the Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. It towers overhead in the backdrop of this busy, ever growing city. A few moments later and a new figure enters the scene in front of this awe inspiring building; it is none other than “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock. Glory is wearing tight form fitting denim jeans, black boots, a royal purple t-shirt, and a denim jacket. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders.

“I have been on a very long, arduous, journey. I have been faced with what I have to say has been the toughest, most difficult challenge in my career since signing with Supreme Championship Wrestling. It has been a journey a year in the making and it has been a journey that for awhile I didn’t think would ever get accomplished. A little over one year ago I declared my intention to win the only two championships I had yet to win in SCW, I had made it my goal to earn my way into the elite SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP club. It wasn’t out of selfishness or greed. It wasn’t just to add another nifty little trophy to my trophy case. It was a challenge. I have been taught that you know your career is over when you cease to see new challenges and new tests. If there is no room for growth as a competitor then your career is over. I saw the Supreme Championship as a journey to test myself. Am I as good as I think I am? Can I beat the best in this company and insert myself into that elite club of wrestlers who have won the Supreme Championship? That was the challenge I laid out for myself and I was determined to meet the challenge. All I needed to become Supreme Champion was the Television Title and the World Tag Team Title.” Braddock chuckles softly and shakes her head.

“Ironic that phase one of that challenge was met when I defeated you, Amelia Blythe, one year ago to become SCW Television Champion.” She snaps her fingers. “Bam! Just like that I was one step away from achieving Supreme Championship status. Then my always crazy and unpredictable cousin Kimberly used her Trios Contract to put every title in SCW on the line. And perhaps I was getting my hopes up? Perhaps I relaxed too much thinking it was in the bag. Nevertheless, I expected my journey to end very quickly, that I would win those tag titles that night and my journey would be over in record time. That’s when reality hit me like a ton of bricks. I was reminded that nothing in this business is ever easy and that there are always obstacles standing in your way. First I had to overcome the obstacles of Polly and her Playgirls. I overcame that obstacle only to run into another obstacle, finding a tag team partner. I searched everywhere but found no one ready and willing to step up. That was arguably the most challenging obstacle. I had to look deep into my soul ask myself, what is wrong? Why can’t I find anyone to help me out? Because this final leg of the journey I could not do on my own. I needed help.” Glory smacks herself on the forehead.

“But then it hit me. I was being blind because the answer was there right in front of me. I was overthinking things. The answer wasn’t complicated. Who else should I pick to help me complete this final leg of the journey and become SCW World Tag Team Champion than the ONE tag team partner that I have had the most success with in my career? The War Machine. Brittany Lohan was the answer. We had worked together as a tag team in multiple promotions, winning tag team championships in dominant fashion everywhere we went. I also realized that the journey wasn’t just as simple as becoming SCW World Tag Team Champion. It was rekindling a friendship with one of the best friends I have ever had. Me and Britt started out as enemies, we were forced to team together but when we did we found out that we actually had a ton of chemistry together, we learned that we made a great team. We ended up becoming close friends and allies. Since then we grew apart but when I needed her the most to help me finish my journey, Britt was once again there to pick me up and walk with me along, to help me navigate the rough waters of the SCW tag team division. And believe me, you don’t get waters any tougher or more challenging to navigate than the SCW Tag Team Division. Team Desire…The Playgirls…European Fiery Nation…Statera…Dark Fantasy…and of course, Light in the Darkness…” she points a finger at the camera “...I’ll get back to you in a moment.”

“We knew we were in for the fight of our lives, but Britt and I were up to the task. We took on anyone and everyone SCW put before us. We fought each and every team I just named and then some. And with any journey, or with any boat ride to keep up with the whole ‘navigating water’ metaphor, there were plenty of ups and downs. We had our fair share of high moments of great success and low moments of frustration. But at the end of the day, with the exception of ONE team, we ended up beating each and every single team in the SCW tag team division. We have more than made our case for a shot at the SCW World Tag Team Championship. Britt and I have earned this opportunity. Now here we stand and I see the finish line up ahead. After over a year since this journey began, I have come full circle. It started with beating Amelia Blythe to become SCW Television Champion. Now tomorrow night, right here in this building behind me, it could end with Twisted & Sadistic beating Amelia Blythe and La Pequina Luz to become SCW World Tag Team Champions.” The British Bombshell shakes her head.

“The irony is not lost on me. Once again Twisted & Sadistic, Light in the Darkness, we find ourselves in each other’s orbit. We find ourselves with our destinies inexorably tied together. It’s almost like fate has a twisted sense of humor, you know? This journey started with Light in the Darkness, it’s only appropriate that it ends with Light in the Darkness. Light in the Darkness has done battled with Twisted & Sadistic more than once already. We’ve beaten you, you beat us. But a great many things have changed in one year’s time. We are not the same people we were back then.” Glory smirks. “Well, Britt is probably still the same old wrecking ball she always has been. She proved that by wrecking Ravyn at Body, Heart, and Soul. Sorry about that, by the way. I know you value integrity and probably didn’t like her intervention. But in fairness, I think we all know that Ravyn and Syren cannot be trusted. In a heartbeat they would have taken a shortcut to defeat you. That’s just who they are. I have my doubts that they will ever change.” Braddock points at the camera and then at herself.

“But we have changed, haven’t we? I think over the past year we have all had to endure our own fair share of challenges that have tested our mettle. I already spoke of how I’ve been tested, how Twisted & Sadistic have been tested. Light in the Darkness, you two have certainly been tested but you rose to the occasion. You won the tag team titles, brought respect back to those tag team titles, and were awarded with the tag team of the year award for your efforts. I respect everything you have done for the tag team division. But respect aside, you have something Britt and I both want, something Britt and I both need.” Glory shakes her head. “You see, this has taken on a whole new life. This journey isn’t just about becoming Supreme Champion. This has grown into a journey of two former enemies, turned friends, friends who drifted apart only to rediscover one another again, to rekindle that friendship, two friends who had to remind one another that individually they are formidable but together they are the best damn tag team in the world today. This isn’t just MY journey any longer, this is MY journey and Britt’s journey! This isn’t about me becoming Supreme Champion, this is about Twisted & Sadistic having one last great reign as the tag team champions of the world, the tag team champions of the greatest tag team division in professional wrestling today.” The British Bombshell smirks.

“And to do that we have to knock the two of you off your perch. That is the last leg of this journey, that is the final major obstacle standing between us and the finish line. Like I said the first leg of this journey began with Light in the Darkness, this journey will end with Light in the Darkness. Light in the Darkness was the first major test, Light in the Darkness will be the last major test.” Glory shakes her head. “I am under no illusions that this last test will be easy. Yes, we beat you once, and you beat us once, but both of those matches were a long time ago. We are both different teams now. We have both grown, evolved, we have both gotten better. But my only question for you two is simply do you still have what it takes to keep defending those belts? You have been faced with challenge after challenge and you have met them all head on. But how much longer can you go until you run out of steam?” Braddock chuckles. “You may not have to worry about running out of steam. Tomorrow night, you run into a brick wall named Twisted & Sadistic. Can you break that brick wall or will you crash and burn? If you do crash and burn, don’t worry, The War Machine and myself will be right there to pick up the pieces. We will be right there to pick up those tag team titles and carry them across the finish line. We will finish this journey that was started over a year ago.”
When Amelia Blythe and La Pequeña Luz woke up on the morning of Monday, January 22, they were still the SCW World Tag Team Champions.

It was a fact that was still sinking in for them even as they slowly dragged themselves out of bed to get ready for the day. Syren and Ravyn Taylor had long been considered arguably the greatest tag team in SCW history, something the couple had admitted as much when they'd been in front of a camera speaking their piece for both encounters with them. Even though Dark Fantasy had still been rediscovering their chemistry as a team the first time around, they had still been viewed as the heavy favorites back at Under Attack and that had only fueled The Light In The Darkness to find a way to topple them and finally reach the top of the tag team mountain in SCW.

Beating them twice in a row, though?

Very few people could legitimately claim to have done that against either woman in singles action, let alone as a tandem, and those that could were easily among some of the greatest to ever grace an SCW ring. Amelia and Luz could now add their names to that prestigious list, and it was a surreal feeling, to say the least.

The match hadn't been without controversy, however, which the couple had only fully learned of long after the bell had already rung. While the argument could be made that they had the match in hand with the Wisteria Waltz on Syren and Luz at the ready to keep Ravyn from breaking up Amelia's pin, they would never know for sure if that's how it would have worked out or not. Twisted & Sadistic had been sitting in the front row, and they couldn't be blamed for wanting to do some scouting, but Brittany Lohan had involved herself near the end by guaranteeing that Ravyn couldn't have tried to interrupt the pin even if she wanted to. That didn't sit right with the two of them, especially knowing that Brittany and Glory awaited them on the next Breakdown, but the best they could do right now was focus on that challenge and then figure out how to proceed from there, especially considering they were half-expecting Lexy Chapel to raise an argument over it about Dark Fantasy being owed another rematch.

They'd be happy to give it, too, but they had a feeling CHBK would ultimately have the final say on that, given the circumstances.

That and their next title defense wouldn't be for about a week and a half, though, leaving the couple plenty of time to think over how they would respond to whatever happens and make sure they're still at the very top of their game to survive the last leg of this little gauntlet. At the very least, they feel they'd earned a cooldown day to actually relax and enjoy themselves while they were still here in Boston... at least, as best as they could. There were plans to do a bit of sightseeing together, see what options were on the table for a little date night. Given that the next Breakdown would take place in Charlotte, they'd spend that time doing a bit of a slow tour with their friends along the East Coast, cheering Ivy on and supporting Gage in his commentary work for the independent show or two they would be working in the interim, all the while training and preparing for arguably the toughest title defense they would have to date.

That was the plan, at least... whether or not it would pan out that way was up in the air, and that was all because of the ever-lingering threat of Caleb White and his Empire.

After the tense transaction back in Brooklyn that had gotten Ryan Lumis back safely in exchange for letting Aleister Blythe go, there had been a feeling of uncertainty hanging in the air that was nearly impossible to ignore. Between the two of them and the FBI and NCA agents working to try and shut The Empire down once and for all, there was an understanding that Caleb never made deals with anyone unless he knew he could ensure the terms always benefited him more once it was said and done. Even Ryan, who had initially shared that information prior to his kidnapping, was at a loss regarding how the whole thing seemed to go too smoothly, but both sides had their respective people back and that seemed to be the end of that.

The best anyone could figure was that the whole thing was meant to be another attempt to try and convince Luz and Amelia to surrender themselves to be 'saved' and 'purified' by Caleb through words and not the underhanded and borderline illegal actions his followers have been taking over the past several months. By playing along with all the agreed-upon terms in their presence and sticking to his word about releasing Ryan unharmed, perhaps it was his hope that it would prove to them he's not the bad guy they think he is and he genuinely wants to save their souls... unfortunately for him, Luz and Amelia knew full well they didn't need saving. They were good people, and all they wanted was to live their lives their way and focus on their wrestling careers. Even if that wasn't the case, Caleb had already involved himself too much in their lives before they even fully knew who he was, and his actions had ensured they would never see him in the 'righteous light' he wanted them to.

“We're still doing that breakfast with the agents this morning, right?” Luz suddenly asked as she tightened the laces on the back of her chosen mask for the day, making sure everything was in place as she continued her strict adherence to lucha libre traditions in public even outside of Mexico.

“Yup, just got a text from Darius saying that they're arriving to the restaurant now and will save us some seats,” Amelia responded before setting her phone aside, putting on a sweater to combat the chilly Boston weather.

Initially, the plan had been to have the two sit down with the agents who had been heading up the case regarding The Empire to discuss what Ryan had managed to pick up about any of Caleb's plans while captive the day after they'd made the exchange, but Ryan had seemingly caught something the day it all went down and letting him rest and recover first was deemed the best course of action. Something about the coincidence admittedly still bugged Amelia, but Ryan had confirmed several times by now that Caleb hadn't harmed him in any way during his time as their prisoner and he was certain he'd just caught some sort of bug from the stress of the whole situation. She at least agreed with Luz and the agents on letting the man recover since he'd likely never been involved in a situation like this as a private investigator, and the FBI had even taken the precaution of putting him in quarantine just in case since COVID-19 was still very much a thing and they had no way of knowing for sure if anyone within The Empire that had been keeping an eye on him could have been sick with anything or even been an asymptomatic carrier.

There was a general agreement that the whole scenario was just far too convenient given how peacefully this chapter of the case resolved, so it was better to be safe than sorry.

Avery had ultimately made the call on putting the discussion on the backburner while Ryan recovered so Luz and Amelia could turn their undivided attention to the title defense they'd just gotten through with Dark Fantasy while the FBI and NCA continued to watch their backs and figure out Caleb's next move. From that point, the only thing that had really happened was Avery calling them the morning of Body, Heart & Soul to let them know Ryan was feeling well enough to talk and they had agreed to discuss everything over breakfast the following morning so as not to detract from their wrestling focus. Having heard from Marilyn while doing some training under her going in that Avery had also been a wrestler during the earlier days of her career before ultimately stepping away to try and join the FBI cemented that they more than understood how much all of this meant to the couple, though there were a few loose threads they would love to follow up on when things were hopefully less hectic.

It still didn't stop them from speculating on what kind of relationship Marilyn and Avery had once upon a time and what had happened to pass the time as they drove through the busy Boston streets to their destination, the idea of the two having been romantically involved at one point in time based on the hints they'd gathered proving to be a welcome distraction from whatever bombshell Ryan was going to drop that would no doubt give them even more reason to worry over whatever Caleb was scheming. At the very least, it allowed for the two of them to arrive at the restaurant in good spirits as they joined Avery, Darius, Evie and Ryan at their table.

“You two are looking happier this morning than I think I've seen as of late,” Evie remarked.

“A successful title defense last night probably helped a lot with that,” Avery noted, nodding with a smile at the couple as they sat down. “Congratulations, by the way.”

“A splendid match indeed,” Darius confirmed. “Not a fan of that brute who saw fit to stick her nose where it didn't belong, but I suppose you'll get to put her in her place soon enough.”

“Believe me, we're not happy about it either,” Luz huffed. “We hoped our Tag Title reign would allow us to try and further elevate the division to the level we know it deserves to be at, but our defenses so far have been... not quite what we were hoping for, in all honesty.”

“At least you two aren't trying to be all high and mighty about it all,” Darius replied, specifically looking at Amelia as he spoke. “That was one of the things about your father that always irritated me during my own time in the sport, and when he met Ophelia the both of them just became so insufferable about it all that I couldn't stand it anymore.”

“Is that why you stepped away to work for the NCA instead?” Amelia couldn't help but ask, always eager to get a little more tea about her parents' pasts if it meant something she could use to make them back off whenever they tried to play their games again.

“It was a small part of the reason,” Darius admitted with a shrug. “Mostly it was the realization that the sport just wasn't something I truly enjoyed. It was something I was good at and willing to pursue because Aleister had been a childhood friend of mine, but once the business changed him for the worse I couldn't justify doing it anymore, not even for a man who no longer considered me his friend.”

Amelia opened her mouth to inquire further, knowing that her father and Darius had been old friends but not knowing too much beyond that, but she paused when she looked over at Ryan. He looked well enough to be able to sit upright at the very least, but closer inspection seemed to tell her that he was somehow looking worse than the last time she'd seen him. He was certainly doing a good job of trying to hide it, but her gut was telling her something was very wrong here.

“Ryan... are you alright?” she asked, turning all eyes to him.

“I'm...” he started before being cut off by a small coughing fit. He took a moment to clear his throat and take a drink of water before trying again. “I'm at least feeling a little better than I have been.”

“Are you sure?” Luz jumped in, concern very clear in her voice. “You look like death warmed over, no offense... we don't have to do this now if you-”

“No, no, it's alright,” Ryan responded. “I know I've been feeling awful this past week, but I don't think we can really put this off for much longer.”

“Even still, we didn't need to come out and do this over breakfast if you still weren't feeling well,” Avery noted.

“I promise you all I'm well enough to do this,” Ryan told them, taking a shaky breath to try and calm himself down. “If I start feeling too bad, I'll let you all know. Truth be told, I think a hearty breakfast would help a lot in my recovery... the food you've been making sure I was served while in quarantine has been delicious Avery, don't get me wrong, but I haven't had a proper meal in what feels like forever... would certainly go a long way in forgetting about the awful taste of whoever Caleb had cooking my meals while I was his prisoner.”

Avery just nodded, and Evie in particular gave him the kind of look that warned him she was going to hold him to that. Amelia and Luz could only exchange worried glances before the waitress stopped by their table, pausing the conversation so they all could order. Once the waitress had left, Luz shot a questioning glance towards Avery, who seemed to pick up on what she wanted after a brief nod over in Ryan's direction.

“If you're worried about Covid, then I can assure you both right now that Ryan's passed every test he's been given,” they told the couple. “Whatever he's sick with, at least we know it isn't that.”

“We wouldn't have even agreed to do this over breakfast if that were the case,” Darius agreed.

“Thank you all, by the way, for your concern,” Ryan admitted, getting everyone's attention once more as he coughed a bit before continuing. “Not just because of whatever bug I've caught, but just the fact that you were willing to let Aleister Blythe go if it meant my safe return. You really didn't have to do that.”

“Of course we did,” Luz told him, cutting off the agents before they could say the same thing which warranted an apologetic look from her.

“We know you didn't exactly get off on the right foot with us considering you were working for both my parents and Caleb to feed them information about us that they could use,” Amelia said, “but you were simply doing your job and didn't know any better. Those three are easily some of the biggest manipulators I've ever known, able to convince anyone to do whatever they wanted if they spin the story in just the right way. It's the only way they know how to get whatever they want... you're not the first person who's fallen for their lies, and you certainly aren't the last.”

“Even if that wasn't the case,” Luz continued, “you're still a human being who deserves the chance to live your life like anybody else. That alone would've been all the reason needed to make sure you were safe and sound over keeping Amelia's dad behind bars. It's not like he can't be put back there again, along with Amelia's mom and Caleb and everyone else willingly breaking the law to help him with whatever the heck he's up to. You only get one life, and you don't deserve to have it ripped away by some deranged nutjob who thinks he's God's chosen one or whatever.”

Ryan looked like he was tearing up a bit at Luz and Amelia's responses, clearly having not expected them to care so much about a private investigator who admittedly knew far more about them than he really should while they knew little to nothing about him, especially after how they'd first crossed paths. It was proof to him that there were some truly great people in this world if you knew where to look... a stark contrast to everything The Empire had attempted to instill in him while he was their captive.

“Thank you... both of you...” he finally said after a moment, wiping away a tear.

It wasn't too long after that the waitress returned with their food, and the six of them took the opportunity to eat in peace for a few minutes. It felt like the least Luz and Amelia were owed after their big win the night before, and Ryan was certainly appreciative of what felt like his first proper big meal in weeks. Some light conversation was had to at least keep a positive atmosphere, knowing that whatever Ryan would ultimately have to share would very likely bring it back down so any mental cushion they could put in place was very much appreciated.

“Alright... I think we've waited long enough to do this,” he finally said once his plate was almost empty, and everyone's faces slowly became more serious at the implication.

“I guess I'll start by asking this,” Darius led. “Did you happen to catch anything about whatever Caleb's major plans are? Or his next move? We've had contact with his nephew who's attempting to work as a double agent right now—despite our best efforts to just get him safely away from that madman altogether—and he's informed us that Caleb's keeping a lot of his cards close to the vest right now.”

Ryan simply shook his head, holding onto the table to keep himself steady as the motion seemed to disorient him a bit in his ill state. “Nothing... I made attempts to see if he'd be willing to gloat to me about whatever he's scheming, but he saw through it right away and just kept spouting cryptic rhetoric about being 'humanity's savior' and all that nonsense. Some of his followers took the bait, but aside from their recruitment efforts and other things we already know about, I got nothing useful from them. They're all completely in the dark about what to do even after this exchange went down until Caleb gives them their marching orders.”

“There's definitely cause for concern there,” Avery noted, resting their elbows on the table and folding their hands together in front of their face in contemplation. “That, in and of itself, feels like the kind of red flag that should start raising questions. If they're all just blindly following without hesitation, then they're either brainwashed somehow or their faith in Caleb is so unwavering that they truly believe he is what he tells them he is.”

Amelia and Luz cringed at the thought. Even if Amelia didn't have her own childhood experience of seeing her parents in that same light for a while after she'd been made to cut ties with Ivy, they were both smart women who weren't blind to what someone what that kind of power and support could do if given the chance. They already had every reason to be concerned about whatever Caleb was plotting now, but the confirmation that all but perhaps Henry weren't even bothering to question the way things were run within The Empire made the thought even more terrifying. If Caleb wanted to do something big, he had a small army that would definitely not hesitate to lay down their lives and die for him if it meant he could succeed.

“Caleb did share one thing with me, however...” Ryan continued, turning his attention to Luz and Amelia now. “I know what role the two of you are meant to play within his twisted machinations, and I already know you're not going to like it.”

“We know I was apparently intended to be Henry's wife to try and keep a 'pure, talented bloodline' going for the future,” Amelia spat with disgust.

“And if something Henry implied before we fractured his faith in his uncle is any indication, he had plans of trying to adopt me as a daughter despite my mom still being very much alive and not on board with any of that,” Luz added, not bothering to hide her own anger at the mere thought. “And that's not even getting into how much I hate that thought just because of what he pulled with Valentina.”

“If that was all there was to it, then there would have been no real need for all of this,” Ryan responded, slowly motioning to the fact that they were all gathered for breakfast to talk about this at all.

“So what?” Evie chimed in as she took a bite of the steak and eggs she was still eating. “Does he want them to be his 'poster children of purity' or something?”

“That's a part of it, yes,” Ryan admitted, which caused Evie to do a spit take that earned her an irritated glare from Darius as he quickly wiped himself off.

“I was joking!” Evie admitted, throwing her hands up in frustration at the correct guess before shooting an apologetic glance at Luz and Amelia, who both just looked stunned.

“When it comes to Amelia Blythe and La Pequeña Luz,” Ryan continued, “he intends for them to be front and center as his—and therefore God's—handpicked champions of salvation. His aim is to have them join Henry in basically preaching Caleb's message while being living proof of how he has saved their souls from a life of sin and that together The Empire can help save the souls of every human being before something he refers to as the 'Day of Cleansing' which... may be the only hint I've gotten to whatever his secret endgame truly is. His wording was a bit cryptic and elaborate, but the gist of it I could gather was that he plans on completely breaking Luz and Amelia mentally before 're-educating' them to be the perfect loyal 'angels' aiding his cause. Amelia would marry Henry and they would produce future heirs to this cause, and Luz would do the same with some guy Caleb would also handpick that he feels is worthy, with the both of you being connected to his family tree either through Amelia's marriage to Henry or what I can only assume is some illegal means of brute forcing an adoption of Luz. Through preaching and through force, you two and Henry would work to 'cleanse' the wrestling business as further proof of Caleb's so-called truths... though whatever he's scheming is also supposedly a way for him to ultimately absolve himself of any of the wrongs he's committed over the years, claiming it is his atonement that will allow for him to ascend to Heaven where he thinks he belongs when his time finally comes.”

Ryan ultimately breaks into another coughing fit, though whether this is due to his illness or a sign of his absolute disgust with everything he just revealed is unknown. What is certain, however, is that everyone else at the table is some combination of disturbed and furious at this broader scope of what Caleb at least intends to do with two women whose lives he's already tried to insert himself into for his own selfish and twisted reasons. Luz and Amelia, the two who would be affected by these machinations, are absolutely horrified at the mere idea of Caleb seemingly being so confident that he can completely break them before remolding them into his own desired image that it takes every last ounce of willpower they both possess to keep from throwing up the breakfast they'd just finished. There are several thoughts that run through their head of how he could actually achieve such a result, the mental floodgates open in their stunned state, and each one nearly brings them to tears over just how awful and unspeakable the horror of it all really is.

“I'm sorry...” Ryan finally says as he takes in these reactions. “I shouldn't have... but... it was probably better if you knew and could prepare...”

“No, no, we needed to hear this,” Amelia shakily said.

“However he plans to pull that off is a sickening thought all its own,” Luz adds, “but it's better to prepare for the worst than go in blind and-”

Luz is cut off as Ryan slowly tries to stand up, his body quivering in a rather unnatural way as he sounds like he's struggling to breathe. He makes an attempt to excuse himself to the restroom, but he can barely get the words out before falling victim to another significant coughing fit that's loud enough to attract the attention of everyone in the restaurant right now. Saliva is pouring from his mouth like a fountain as he makes one more attempt to say something before his eyes roll into the back of his head and he collapses to the floor, convulsing horribly.

“Ryan!”

In a split second, panic overtakes the entire scene. Darius and Evie are immediately out of their seats, checking on Ryan and doing their best to try and stabilize him while Avery wastes no time in calling 911. The restaurant staff quickly recover and understand the severity of what's going on as they do their best to keep people back and make sure enough space is cleared for when the EMTs arrive.

Through it all, Luz clings tightly to Amelia, the both of them frozen at the sight playing out before their very eyes, powerless to do anything. Amelia is mentally kicking herself, thinking this has to be the result of something Caleb did but not knowing how. She's never beared witness to something like this, the fear crawling under her skin as her mind tries to find some thread of logic that could be of any help. Luz wasn't faring any better, having already been a witness to one person she cared about losing their life right in front of her and now finding herself trapped in that painful memory all over again, silently praying that whatever happened will pass and Ryan will be alright.

Seeing the grim looks on the faces of both the EMTs and the agents as they rush out the door with an unconscious Ryan, though... they can't resist fearing the worst.

Barely an hour later, the nightmare has become a reality... Ryan Lumis had died, right there in front of them.

And there was nothing they could've done to save him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We find ourselves roaming along the edge of the Catawba River just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina, taking in the sight of what feels like it should be a beautiful day. The weather is on the warmer side for the end of January even around these parts and the river is flowing freely without any hints of being frozen over. Despite that, however, the sky is blanketed with thick gray clouds that cast a somber feeling over everything beneath them. Perhaps it is a coincidence, or perhaps the heavens are reacting to something we're unaware of... regardless, it does seem to properly set the mood as we eventually find Amelia Blythe and La Pequeña Luz sitting along the river's edge, dressed in clothing more befitting of the warmer weather than what they may have been expecting. One noticeable thing that can be picked up on, though, is that the two of them are both wearing a similar color scheme, which isn't something we've normally seen of them outside the ring. Their choices of clothing are mostly black, but there's enough white present that it almost feels like a sort-of representation of their namesake. Perhaps there's a deeper meaning to it as the looks on their faces seem to hint at something having happened recently that may not be related to SCW, but they don't seem to acknowledge us as their somber gazes stare into the center plates of their respective SCW World Tag Team Championship belts. As we get closer, however, Amelia suddenly begins speaking.

“Have we ever told you all what tag team wrestling truly means to us? I know we've revealed aspects of ourselves and our lives that most others wouldn't dare to, afraid of ruining some sort of image they're trying to portray. Luz and I, though... everything we do, either in the ring or outside of wrestling as a whole, is a genuine representation of who we are... the kind of people we want to be. We want all of you to truly know the real us and respect us for being ourselves and showing week in and week out what we're truly capable of. The Light In The Darkness isn't some fancy name or something we wanted to present ourselves as... it's what we aspire to be, both in the wrestling business and even in this crazy world we all live in. We want to be an inspiration to others, to show that no matter how dark things get, no matter how tempting it is to give in to darker temptations and feel like you have to sell your soul to get what you want, it is possible to be who you truly want to be through nothing more than hard work and sheer determination to get to where you want to be.”

“In the eyes of many people back when we first started, we were meant to be nothing more than extensions of our respective family legacies. Great things were expected of us... efforts to force us to fill the big shoes left behind and fit into the molds that people think were left behind by my father and Amelia's parents. I won't lie... I didn't have the greatest start to my career, not like mi papá did, and it hurt to think that I was letting down the fans because they expected so much of me and I just couldn't meet those expectations. And Amelia... yeah, maybe she went on this crazy undefeated streak to start her career, but she was forced to operate exactly as her parents wanted her to and she hated every moment of it. She didn't want to be this cold, merciless machine who didn't care about anything other than being the best because it was demanded of her. We both felt like we were drowning, unable to truly find our own way... until we crossed paths and worked to understand one another, accepting each other's flaws and imperfections and forging the bond that would open up every door we could ever want to become the wrestlers we truly wanted to be.”

“Tag team wrestling played a major role in helping us get there... it was something new that we could both branch out and do, something that our respective parents hadn't truly accomplished, something that we both discovered really clicked for us once we started working together. For those who know my family, they could argue that my older twin siblings were already filling that role in the Blythe family... you wouldn't be wrong, but being a team because they were twins was expected of them by our parents as well, any opportunity to try and prove what they could do on their own denied because it 'didn't fit the family image.' Luz and I found both success and enjoyment working together as a team, and in the process we even opened those same doors for my siblings to finally take a shot at doing what they want to do, just as we've helped so many others make decisions about their own lives and careers just by proving to them, in the ring, that this means so much to us and we will gladly give every last bit of what we truly have to offer if it means further challenging both ourselves and our opponents to reach that goal we're pursuing.”

“We've both accomplished so much over the years, both together and on our own, but it always comes back to that moment where we forged our team that truly set us on the path we still walk today. Could we have eventually found the success we were both looking for on our own? The possibility was always there... but it means so much more because that was the moment where we finally freed ourselves from the burden of those immense expectations of what people think we should've been. They got to see the real La Pequeña Luz and Amelia Blythe, legitimately enjoying something they love doing and always striving to push forward so that we can keep loving every last bit of this. The SCW World Tag Team Championships are a reflection of that: the injuries that cut our time here short initially and rattled our confidence, the failure in our first shot at earning these titles, the decision to not just go to the back of the line but remove ourselves from it entirely until someone we trusted truly believed we were ready to get back in the hunt... every challenge, every setback, it kept pushing us to get better and better, to keep striving to be the best genuine versions of ourselves and show the world that our way does work, that hope always exists no matter how hopeless a situation may seem.

...even when your faced with those who disagree so vehemently that they will go to any lengths possible to rip it all away.”

The bitter way in which Luz makes that last remark certainly makes it clear that it's a message directed to someone specifically, though whether that's meant to be the team that awaits them on Breakdown this week or if it's a message to someone else entirely is hard to gauge. We do see Amelia slowly stand up before offering a hand to Luz, who accepts the help back up as they briefly gaze at their respective title belts once more before taking a moment to properly position them over their shoulders, joining hands and lacing their fingers together as they get their bearings.

“That is why we fight tooth and nail every single chance we get to team together, pushing ourselves top defy every odd that is stacked against us. We know we're both more than capable of earning gold here on our own and have proven it with our respective Television Title runs, but to call ourselves arguably the best tag team on the most elite roster in all of wrestling right now and have the rewards to prove it... that is everything we could ever ask for out of our time here. It's proof that we have made the most out of what we embraced to help set us apart from the legacies we were born into while also silencing anyone who doubted we would ever reach the same heights as our predecessors. At the same time, though, it's also a challenge in and of itself... a challenge to see just how far we can keep ourselves in that position, and what we can do with it not just for ourselves but also for the rest of SCW and its tag team division. That is what's going to help us keep getting better and enjoying every single minute of why we do this together while encouraging everyone else to do the same... we know our reign won't last forever, and we don't expect it to, but we also want the team that ultimately succeeds us to prove that they are going to pick up wherever we left off while we happily start this journey all over again.

That said... we'd have to argue that our work in this position isn't done just yet, and that's why we don't plan on passing these titles off to Twisted & Sadistic come Breakdown.”

“Glory, Brittany... to say that we do have respect for the two of you is an understatement. You've been on a similar journey to us, fighting week in and week out just to get to this moment, and we're more than happy to finally defend these titles against the two of you. You're right... this is the match that we all knew needed to happen eventually. Glory's beaten Amelia one-on-one while I've done the same to Brittany. The two of you eliminated us from tag team turmoil while we got the win over you and Statera to earn the chance to reach the top of the mountain in the first place. You could argue that both of those tag matches should have asterisks beside them if you really want to get technical about it, but we're not going to argue semantics about our loss when we asked to be one of the first teams to try and run the whole gauntlet only to not have the stamina to pull it off. Our failures are always the perfect motivation to get better, which is why it's a little refreshing to know that the two of you aren't expecting this to be an easy task just because of past results.”

“It does seem like those results do have some meaning, though, given how much Glory made a point out of ending her journey the same way she started it around this same time last year. Even if she knows we're far from the same two women she's crossed paths with as recently as a few months ago, she does seem fixated on this poetic idea that her journey to Supreme Champion status is about to come to an end, and at our expense no less. I suppose I have to ask then Glory: say you and Brittany do want this more than us and you prevail come Breakdown... what then? You'll have reached Supreme Champion status, conquered what you consider to be the ultimate challenge that SCW can provide you, Glory Braddock will have done it all... but then where do you go next? Sure, you and Brittany will have your title reign as a challenge, but what do you do when that ultimately comes to an end? If you don't have the answers to those questions yet, then maybe it's not time for you to reach that coveted status just yet, especially not if you can't look us in the eyes and tell us that these titles will mean as much to you and Brittany as they do to us and aren't simply a means to an end, because... right now? I hate to say it, but that's how you're making this sound.”

“Body, Heart & Soul certainly doesn't help with that... I'm sorry, we've been trying to ignore the proverbial elephant in the room, but it's hard not to when I don't think you in particular Brittany understand the ramifications of your actions on that night. Yes, we're upset that our defense against Dark Fantasy is now tainted, even if it seemed like we may have very well had the match won at that point regardless, but it's not just about your actions ruining what we're trying to achieve in our time with these titles. Do you honestly believe, for one second, that Lexy Chapel is going to let this go that easily? Or Ravyn, the woman you attacked while the referee wasn't looking? What happens if they decide turnabout is fair play and interfere to cost you and Glory this opportunity since you did it to them? Or... have you considered what would happen if they decided to screw us over, thereby tainting Glory's big moment? You supposedly know Ravyn very well, which means you'd have to know what kind of fire you were playing with by actually getting involved at Body, Heart & Soul and how she, going off her and Syren's win over you both a few weeks ago, could justify it as the headgame she needs to cut us out as the team they haven't been able to overcome in favor of the team they believe they'd have the better chance against.”

“Things like that are just a small part of exactly why we do things the way we do... why we want to be that inspiration to encourage others to step up and give us the kind of fight we know the both of you will give us regardless come Thursday night. We want to leave no doubt behind in that ring when we leave, proving to both our opponents and to ourselves that we wanted it more and were the better team on that night. That's why this match is just as important to us as every single title defense that's preceded it and every one we want to succeed it as well... to us, a clean win on Breakdown isn't just another successful title defense or a claim that we prevented Glory from reaching her goal just yet, it's undisputed proof that, at least on this night, we truly were the better team, that we've improved enough to have truly overcome two of the toughest challenges we've faced time and time again. On that note, think about what a loss might mean... for Glory, it's more time to think over the question I posed so she can feel confident in knowing what may come next once she finishes this journey, not to mention a chance to further improve for the both of you just as we always are so that our next meeting is even better than this one.”

“If this Breakdown doesn't turn out the way both of you would like it to, then it's not the end of the world. The same can be said of us if our time in this position is truly at an end... but... know that if you're going to take that last step Glory, if your time truly is now, then you and Brittany are going to have to pry these titles from our cold, dead hands with everything you've got and more. There's nothing stopping us from ultimately working our way back to this point and winning the titles for a second time, and maybe even more, just as there's nothing stopping the both of us from further establishing what we can do as singles stars now that we've been the top tag team at least once. But with how much these titles mean to us and everything we represent right now, we have to keep pushing ourselves to see just how far we can go to make the most out of this title reign. We have to rise to this challenge, because that is how we are going to ultimately leave our mark on this company when the time finally comes for us to hang up our boots. We have no doubt that Glory Braddock will earn her place in history and Brittany Lohan will help her get there... but it's not going to come at our expense... not yet. Not after everything we've done to get here and make this run truly mean something.”

“We're looking forward to an incredible match this Thursday night, and we apologize in advance if we have to play spoiler, even if it might actually help the both of you out in the long run.”

“One thing we will never be sorry for, however, is being The Light In The Darkness. Whatever it takes in that ring, we will always stay true to who we are and why we do this. That's why we love each other, why we love this business...”

“...and why we will find a way to walk out of Breakdown still your SCW World Tag Team Champions, no matter what Twisted & Sadistic throw at us.”

Amelia and Luz look at one another for a moment, tears starting to form in their eyes from the raw passion of how much being in this position truly means to the both of them and why it's hard to argue that anyone wants to be World Tag Team Champions more than they do, no matter the rationale behind it. We see them both close their eyes and lean their foreheads against one another, quietly saying something that we aren't able to pick up, but it's clear that they've delivered their message loud and clear and we proceed to give them space to mentally prepare for the daunting war ahead as they seek to add another chapter to the story of their tag team and how important it all means to them.