Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Deanna Frost vs. David Striker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, April 4, 2024 (NOTE DEADLINE – Show takes place on Thursday)
CD Promo: "One Head, A Hydra of Thoughts"

Timeframe: 5 hours plus out from New Frontier Wrestling's "March Mayhem"

Location: A private jet currently over the North Pacific Ocean

A slight bout of turbulence shook the plane lightly as David sat in his seat, his fingers steepled in front of his face as he looked at the sealed black and gold folder that laid on the table in front of him, his eyes borrowing down at the item.

"You know that you had that match won, right?" came a voice to David's right but David made no motion or noise to acknowledge that.

"I mean Jamie and her little crew of kiss ass are going to say that you and the boys are going to serve as the first and prime example of what happens when you step up and challenge the righteousness of Sedition Rising...what a bunch of horse shit." the voice continued as it moved past him.

"Feh." was basically the only noise that David made, his attention solely focused on the folder in front of him.

Suddenly two hands slammed down onto the table in front of David, the left arm was almost a mirror to David's right in that it was a sleeve full of tattoos, but it also had the same signature tattoo that he had from Full Metal...

David pushed that thought out of his head as he looked up into the dark eyes of his slightly more sinister counterpart, who was at that moment glowering down at him with furious intent.

"You need to take this shit more seriously, David." his counterpart snapped, his dark eyes flashing as he did so. "I mean yes, the three of you did great but you allowed yourselves to get separated during the match and now fucking Austin and the Assclowns have something to hang over you yet again!!"

David leaned back in his chair, fixing the other man with his much cooler expression as he nodded, "That might be true, but this bullshit with Jamie Austin and the Alliance titles in NFW, that's over when *I* say that it's not and not them." David explained in a cold tone, his eyes never leaving the other man's. "They can clamor and state that we're at the back of the line as much as they want to, if it helps them to sleep at night my friend, but the truth of the reality is that they had to resort to utter and complete *bullshit* just to keep those titles around their waists...so for the moment, the situation with NFW is tabled."

"No it is..." the other man started to say.

And then in a very rare moment of total rage, David slammed his left fist down hard upon the table, cracking the surface ever so slightly as he looked hard at the other man. "I said it was *TABLED*!!"

The other bit his tongue and nodded slowly, "I just wanted to make sure that you were taking this seriously, that's all."

David picked up his glass of dark some of the amber liquid inside of it before nodding, "Trust me, I am taking it seriously, David. But I'd rather hear about SCW more than anything right now if that's alright." he said before motioning to the chair on the other side of the table from him.

David nodded in agreement before sitting down in the offered chair. "Yeah, the card for Breakdown came in while we were waiting for you to board back in Chicago. You're the only one scheduled for the card this week and it's you against Deanna Frost."

Striker raised an eyebrow at that. "Me...versus the Face of SCW?"

David nodded in agreement, "Quite the accomplishment. I gotta say that SCW seems to be putting more faith into you than anywhere else, my friend because seriously...Deanna Frost is not someone you want to joke around with."

"And you're saying that up till now I've been joking with my opponents?" Striker asked, his right eyebrow raised.

"Not in the slightest, I mean sure you might be having a fun ole time with Kimberly Williams, but this is freaking Deanna Frost here…all of her personal “quirks” aside, she’s a very tough fighter. I’m thinking that if she and Miss Tara had a match back in Tara’s heyday, she’d give the old Witch Queen of Professional Wrestling a run for her money.” David explained as he looked his friend and fellow Phantom dead in the eyes.

Striker nodded slowly, “Alright, how would you rate against someone more recent…is she more of a Samantha Toloson, Risa Saito, Stephanie Matsuda, or Tarah Nova then?”

“Somewhere between Toloson and Matsuda, she has waaay too much personality to be a one trick fucky ponygirl like Tarah Nova.” David said before making a spitting action towards the deck of the airplane, reminding Striker of how much Nova was disliked by his counterpart.

“Still not a fan of the “Shock Collar”, I take it?” Striker quipped.

David slowly shook his head, “Even though she helped to lead the exodus from Deedee and his Extremely Awful Wrestling, she still acted like she was one of his Elitists and how she treated Dante’s cousin a few years back while everyone else was killer with helping out the rookies, Tarah only would do it when it benefitted her. So yeah, I’m saying that Deanna Frost is fucking much more superior than some nobody has been from the EAW’s dead past.” David explained in a tone that gave an indication to how he really felt about the former wrestler in question.

Striker could only chuckle for a couple of seconds before nodding and regarding the black and gold folder in front of him once more.

David indicated the folder, “You know that you’ve got something much bigger than that on your plate, don’tcha brother?”

Striker nodded, “Here is the irony, the contents of this folder is just like my upcoming match against Deanna in that it’s a test of the kind of wrestler that I’ve become and eventually going to become in the ring. I promised the fans and Kimberly that the rubber match between her and I would be one for the ages here in SCW and the contents of that very folder, as you know, isn’t something that you exactly play around with because what that folder holds is the very definition of what the SCW Underground division IS...and I’m going to prepare for that match with the same fire and determination as my match against Deanna, even though my match against her is much more physical and technical in nature.” he explained before pushing away from the desk slightly. “Like you know, I’ve been watching quite a few wrestlers here in SCW like Colleen and the girls to name a couple, but Deanna is another one because like Devon-sensei often says about knowing what you’re getting into and all that jazz, right?”

David nodded in agreement, but otherwise kept quiet.

“Well I know that she’s like a damn spider monkey once Deanna gets going properly in a match. I know that she can hit that one finish of her's, the Burnout, as either a knockout move or she can bloody chain those things together much like my older brother Jacob can do with his Last Surprise or Ruffin Kicks, not only can he hit those from out of nowhere but he can also rapid fire chain those moves."

David nodded in agreement, "Kind of like what Jake did to Aaron Jones just before World Wrestling Headquarters went under yet again?"

Striker nodded, "And I know full well that if I don't take Deanna just as seriously as a freaking heart attack, then she'll end the match before either one of us can truly get started in it. And I can’t have that and that is why I’m going into this match with the same exact fire and fury as I’m doing these Underground matches, David. You see, when was the last time that Deanna actually fought an opponent that wrestled on the same level as she does currently? I mean I fully understand that she might have a couple of years of experience over me in that area, but that won't matter because where she's got the experience, I've got the raw determination to get the job done and make sure that it stays done."

David nodded in agreement, "Alright, that's fair. I just wanted to make sure that you're head was fully in the game and not...elsewhere." he said in a rather pointed tone.

"Again with these comments about..." Striker started to say but he stopped when David held up his hands.

"I'm talking about the bullshit in NFW, brother, that's all. What may or may not be going on in SCW between you and the girls is a whole different monkey in my book, but you know me...I've got my money on my mind and my mind on my money." David explained with a nod.

Striker nodded in silent agreement with his counterpart before leaning forward in his chair once more, steepling his fingers in front of his face as he did so. “So how are things going across the board anyway?” he mused after a few minutes.

“I’m glad to say that Dante should be ready to make his stateside debut once we can find the right promotion for him, meanwhile Crash and the boys…well, they are getting antsy in Japan and have been asking me when are they going to get their shot at some of the freaks and geeks elsewhere.” David explained, adding that last bit with a mild chuckle.

Striker couldn’t help but return that chuckle as well since David was technically one of the aforementioned “Crash and the Boys” and since they’d been rather successful in Pro Wrestling Nova’s Revolution Pro developmental brand all the way through their current tour of Japan, it was kind of obvious that they would want to try another wrestling market’s battlefield so to speak. “I’ll talk with Crash after we land in Tokyo.”

David nodded before he got up and headed towards a different seat, leaving Striker alone with his thoughts as he returned his attention to the black and gold folder in front of him.
=================================================

A few hours later, the plane had landed and David went to go and meet with Crash and the Boys at their usual hangout, the Clover bar in Tokyo’s Akihabara district and as he threaded his way through the streets and alleys, occasionally coming across cosplayers and the like as he went, David’s mind went back to the fact that he had a match against Deanna Frost time and time again, as the “Front Man of the Dope Show” started to wonder if he could honestly handle a striker with her credentials despite what he told David on the plane ride over.

David turned one last corner and walked up a short flight of steps before knocking on a door which opened a moment later to reveal a bearded man with a wide grin on his face. “Well Well Well, look at this fine ass mother fucker who decided to step onto the entrance way of Crash and the Boys.”

“Hello Johnny.” David said with a nod to the other man.

Johnny simply chuckled some more before motioning David to follow him into the bar proper, which he did and the two entered a larger space dedicated to gambling among other things, all of which caused David to let out a low whistle. “Your crew seems to be doing well for themselves, Johnny.”

“Well as much as I would love to take all the credit for myself, David. I can’t because you know how Joe gets when he’s not getting his proper respects.” Johnny said with his grin becoming a sly smirk.

“Yeah, no shit.” came the slightly older and more “refined” tone of Joseph Gracons as he popped up from behind the bar, wiping his hands down with a towel. “What can we do for you, sir?”

David couldn’t help but smile, “Heard you boys were curious about when you lot would be cool to head stateside…something about Crash here being bored?” he explained while motioning at Crash himself.

“Hey hey now, I didn’t say“bored exactly…said the gang was getting antsy since we can only take on the same bunch of loonies so many times before we all go a tad nuts…kind of like you with Williams!” Crash retorted.

David couldn’t help but snicker at that, “Yeah sure…the next thing you’ll be saying is that Spyke is cursing up a storm?”

“Nah, he’s doing a pretty decent gargoyle imitation though…” Joseph said with a faint roll of his eyes before turning to regard the Front Man again. “So, you ready for your match against Deanna this week?”

David couldn’t help but snort at that question, “Seems to be on everybody’s mind if I’m ready to have a small war with Mrs. Frost.”

“Well yeah why wouldn’t we? I mean never mind the fact that she’s friggen *HOT*....” Johnny started to say before Joseph smacked him upside the back of his head.

“Sorry ‘bout that, Davey, you know the man has a one tracked mind at times.” Joseph explained with a sheepish look on his face.

David gave a slight shrug, “Eh, he could be worse. But Johnny’s comment notwithstanding, I understand fully that Deanna Frost isn’t someone that I should just take lightly and nor am I going to do that. I know that I let the group down at March Mayhem by failing to capture the Alliance titles with Dylan and DJ…but I’m not going to fail here with Mrs. Frost.”

Both Johnny and Joseph looked at each other for a moment before nodding in agreement before Johnny came over and draped a brotherly arm across David’s broad shoulders. “It’s alright, my brother! Sure you lost the titles, but knowing you like we have back during training, the war ain’t lost and neither should your confidence man!”

“Still, I’m the front man of the Dope Show and I’ve got to take some responsibility for the group’s losses when I’m running the show.” David countered.

“You can most certainly have that view, my brother, but in the long run that makes you such a great cat to follow. I mean look at who you’ve got following you based on that crazy idea that you got from how the lead up to your first match against Kimberly Williams, eh?” Johnny quipped as he motioned at both himself and Joseph who nodded from his spot behind the bar. “I mean do you think Crash and the Boys would’ve existed, let alone this new version of the Phantom Troupe that’s based on some crazy ass dream that you came up with if it wasn’t for the fact that unlike a lot of people that three of us *ALONE* in this room could name that none of the krew would willingly follow because they didn’t have the soul that you do?”

David looked at the two men and then slowly nodded in agreement. “I’m just…” he started to say but Joseph held up a hand.

“Look man, we’ve all had dry spells in our collective careers. But focus on the more important thing and that being this war that you’re going to have with Deanna Frost this week. The rest of this shit will sort itself out eventually, you dig man?” Joseph asked pointedly.

David couldn’t help it but reached across the bar and clasped forearms with the older wrestler and shook on it. “Alright, I’ll do just that…and thanks guys. Guess I needed a little pep talk following the pay per view.”

“Don’t mention it, now come on!! Joey, can you prep us some proper pub burgers and fries before I drag this sorry sack of shit through his paces at the gym..” Johnny said with broad grin crossing his face before clapping David on the back. “I mean we’ve got to make sure that he’s ready for his execution at the hands of Miss Frost after all!!”

{The screen then static jumps to black as the three all start to laugh}
DISCLAIMER: The following is a work of fiction and not to be confused as complete or accurate representation of any beliefs, religions, etc. Please refer to research/articles by experts for that.

The Witches of Alden

”Aftermath”

Interstate I-44
Passing through Ohio
March 5th, 2024
7:04am

Deanna’s eyes flew open, her body shocking itself awake with an acute jolt of awareness. It wasn’t from a nightmare – truthfully, she hadn’t been dreaming at all this time around, which was strange, in and of itself to the redhead, she realized as her eyes scanned the room wildly for a moment before her senses slowly returned and her brain caught her up to her current predicament.

She slept lightly this time around but it had come on suddenly and ended suddenly, which explained her shock, not to mention the lack of the usual dreams she had had. For a moment, the woman did not move, merely keeping her body still as she felt her surroundings gently rock a little here and there, and allowing herself to breathe in and out slowly, calming her racing heart.

She reminded herself where she was. Her wife’s limousine-bus. As that fact hit her, Deanna ran her eyes along the bedroom she lay in – one she had shared with Selena for years. It was the same. The bed, the cupboards, she could even see the adjoining bathroom where there was a large shower and tub (the latter not recommended while the bus was in motion – showers only during that time). A sad smile crossed her features. She and her wife had found that out the hard way in the early months of acquiring the bus. Selena had needed a cold bath following a harsh match. Of course, ice cubes and water had filled the tub and - Gods, what a mess. Deanna remembered with a twinge of sadness. Eric had merely been doing his job, starting the bus and moving it, but it had been enough movement for the full tub of water to flow out and onto the floor. So many towels had been used that night to dry the floor!

A slow exhale and Deanna allowed herself to rest her head back on her pillow for a moment. It was still dark outside, she could tell that by the windows on the other side of the room (away from the bathroom). And the secured digital clock on the nightstand (held to it by suction cups on the underside) told her that it was morning. She felt her heart calming further as her brain slowly lifted from the fog of sleep.

She was travelling home with her wife – begrudgingly – because she had been in no state to drive the 36-hour travel from Arizona to Manhattan. She was pretty sure Selena’s assessment of her had been correct and that she had suffered a mild concussion from Retribution. Truthfully, the idea didn’t bother Deanna. She had had concussions before, and she couldn’t really be mad at Polly for giving her one – it had been Deanna who had asked for the Last Woman Standing match. It had been her wish to back up her grit – so of course she was going to have to endure some damage.

It had been worth it. She was still the United States Champion, outlasting an incredible opponent in Polly for a third time, this time with no controversy and no asterisk to the victory. It was… for a moment, Deanna allowed herself to feel it… relief. To finally put closure on such a feud, at least until next time Polly came around as a challenger. After three title shots, Deanna wasn’t so sure she’d be ‘next’ in the lineup, even though she would take the woman on again the moment it was so.

Still, part of her wished she could be anywhere but here, a fact that only saddened the redhead. She had spent the first day simply recovering from her match, sleeping the day away as soon as it was safe to do so. She had stayed in this bedroom the entire time, getting up only to use the private bathroom when necessary. I probably reek… she thought to herself, wincing at the thought. Carefully, and slowly, she removed herself from the bed, getting to her feet, a little tricky at first after so many hours of sleep, but she managed. Moving around the room as needed, however, allowed her to spy the folded clothing on top of the dresser, with a note placed there over what looked like her cellphone for a bit of weight. Carefully, Deanna lifted her phone, checking its battery-life before moving onto the paper, reading the elegant handwriting easily.

Message me if you need anything.

She recognized Selena’s penmanship, placing the paper back onto the dresser before taking up the offered clothing. She felt the fabric in the dimly lit room and, immediately, recognized it. It was one of her kimonos. She and Selena owned a few from the SCW shows they had performed in Japan years ago, Selena simply a defending Adrenaline Champion at the time. It was… it was off-putting to Deanna as she moved into the bathroom, stripping out of her underwear, and stepping into the shower after hanging the kimono on a hook.

The bus.
The note.
The clothes.

And it didn’t stop there! Her wife had been…had been… she sighed. Her wife had been just like the Selena she remembered. Looking after her, caring about her… the platinum-blonde had just done it as if it was second nature. She had slept on the couch the last few days, only interrupting Deanna’s privacy when she had to use the shower once or twice, and usually trying to creep in and out so not to wake Deanna up (though the younger Frost had always been awake – merely faking sleep – when Selena had tried). It was all so damn confusing! How could her wife be that way?! Cold and distant, walking out on her, moving out to that Eyrie Tower… Not wishing me good luck on my match at Retribution… Deanna wasn’t entirely sure why that still bothered her so much… and then be so kind and caring towards her now.

Irritated, Deanna stepped into the shower, immediately turning the water on to embrace the hot water. None of this made sense. Still didn’t make sense! Her wife was the Blue-Eyed Devil! She was only interested in doing things her way and damn the SCW Universe. Yet… she was… this. This caring woman that wanted Deanna to be okay.

Maybe it wasn’t so confusing. Maybe Deanna was overcomplicating it, she thought. Maybe SCW-Selena was one thing and- no, then why leave their ‘Forever Home’? Why break their family apart? Despite herself, part of her still couldn’t forgive Selena for that. She still loved the platinum-blonde – gods, she couldn’t do a damn thing about that no matter what happened! – but part of her still could not forgive Selena for what she had done to her and their children. Even if she looked past everything that had happened at the Aldens’ graduation ball, like the Eyrie Tower, their current ‘living conditions’ was a glaring remember of their situation, and the choices Selena had made on her own.

Quickly, Deanna was out of the shower, dried and dressed in the kimono, her red hair freely falling. Not going to get anywhere stewing in my thoughts. She realized. With a sigh, she moved out of the bathroom, back into the bedroom and opened the adjoining door to the rest of the luxury bus. The hall was dimly lit, save for the slightly brighter lights at the head of the bus, serving as the display of the dashboard. There was also a dim light coming from her left, where the kitchen table- she recognized the face illuminated by the glow of the laptop, their eyes now on her. For a moment, Deanna just started into those eyes, letting them study her.

It only took half a minute for Selena to be on the move, the world champion closing her laptop and moving towards Deanna before veering further into the kitchen space and flicking on the overhead light, using a dimmer switch to keep it low enough to not cause a disturbance.

“Good morning.” She whispered, the light showing her magenta nightgown and her hair in its iconic braid.
Deanna gave a nod in reply before speaking. “Where’s Eric?”

Selena gestured to the large couch at the mid-hallway-mark. Focusing on it allowed Deanna to hear the familiar snoring her friend/chauffer.

“Otrera took over a couple of house ago.” The older woman explained. “Sit down.” She gestured to the table she had occupied. “You must be starving.”

As if to screw with her, Deanna’s stomach growled at the idea of food. Traitor… Deanna thought of the lousy organ as she looked back at Selena. Judging from the knowing expression on her wife’s face, Selena had heard it too. With a defeated sigh and a nod, Deanna moved over to the chair, taking it up as Selena moved the short distances needed to grab some thing.

“Charcuterie.” She offered, placing a platter of meats and cheeses and crackers before Deanna. “I rather not make something overly complicated while the bus is in motion.”

“This is fine…thank you.” Deanna added the last part in quickly, almost forgetting to do so, before picking up some pieces of salami and Swiss-cheese and quietly nibbling on them. She barely noticed Selena taking up a seat near her, the platinum-blonde merely watching her wife eat. “Are we close to home-“ she stopped herself, gulping down a bit of her food before correcting herself. “To New York.”

Selena nodded. “A couple more hours.” She answered. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen you sleep a whole day away.” She added in genuine surprise.

“You’d have to be home to see that…”

Deanna’s eyes widened. She hadn’t meant to say that, but it had just slipped up. Immediately, her eyes flew up to gaze at the sapphire-eyed woman before her. The knowing smile of her wife faltered as the words hung in the air, Selena’s eyes casting down before she gave a nod of her head.

“Well… you’ve got me there.” She settled on saying, causing a tirade of mental curses to rampage through Deanna’s mind. Gods, fighting Polly in another Last Woman Standing match would have been preferrable than this.

“I’m…I’m sorry.” Deanna replied, eating only to stop her stomach from its continued growling. “I’m…thank you for looking after me.”
“It’s fine.” Selena shrugged, as if it was nothing. “I’m not going to leave you like that. Or put that on Eric.” She shook her head. “You’re free to join me on return trips whenever you want.”

“I…” Deanna tried to choose her words, not wishing to upset Selena again. At least they were talking at this point. “I rather not make a habit of it.” She slowly replied. “In case things get dicey at work.”

“I don’t see how they could.” Selena shrugged. “We’ve both kept our promise.”

Well… for the most part. From the beginning of this whole thing – Selena’s return, moving out of Manhattan and into New York City, becoming world champion – she had made a promise to Deanna. That she would stay out of Deanna’s way, provided the redhead stayed out of hers. They were, clearly, going down different paths, and the last thing they needed was to give SCW any idea of some kind of confrontation between them. It was a messy idea and one neither woman wanted to explore, especially with their marriage hanging at such a delicate space.

Still, Deanna hadn’t been asleep the entire trip back to New York… she vividly recalled the other night, watching some of the clips from Retribution. She had wanted to see her friends, Amelia and Luz, regain the world tag-team titles (she had missed that due to being checked by the medics) and a few other matches. Eventually, maybe because it was late or perhaps she wanted to know more than just ‘Selena won’, she had watched her wife’s match and seen Aaron Demitria actually make a mistake.

On the surface of it, it wasn’t that much of an issue. Officials made mistakes. It happened. Her match the other night with Polly had been a result of an official’s blunder in not seeing a rope break. But something didn’t sit quite right with Deanna. Aaron had been specially picked by Selena… and he had errored in a way that had given Selena an opening to beat Kandis. It was… Deanna didn’t want to say it aloud in front of the older woman, but it seemed too coincidental. An error was one thing, but this?

In the dim light, her eyes spied her wife, who was merely sitting back in her chair, watching her. Did… did she plan this? Was it so much of a leap? Selena had manipulated things with Asher, becoming world champion, and even the buildup to her match with Kandis. Was this so much of a leap? Yes, because it was Aaron, a man that Deanna was certain could not be bought. I need to ask him myself… she decided, casting her eyes down so Selena could not read her expression. Even if it means breaking my promise… I need to figure this out.

“Deanna?”
“Hmm?” Her head shot up, her mouth half-full of ciabatta and genoa, earning a slight laugh from Selena.
“I said…” she chuckled a little again. “I don’t see how things can get dicey at work-“

“Oh, sorry. Yes, I heard you.” Deanna replied after her mouth was no longer full. “And I…” she hated how much a true statement could hide so much. “I want to focus on being a good United States Champion. That’s my main priority.”

Her answer, though it made her feel guilty, seemed to appease the world champion, who gave nod of her head before moving out of her chair. “Did you want some coffee?”

“Yes, please.” Deanna nodded, watching her wife immediately get to work, carefully gathering the required ingredients and setting up the coffee maker. “Oh…now that’s new.” Deanna remarked, pointing at the large, black machine secured on the kitchen counter.

“Yeah.” Selena nodded. “It makes regular coffee and iced coffee.”
“What happened to the old one?”
“Went out with a bang.” Selena replied with a knowing smile.
“It blew up?!” Deanna’s eyes went wide.
“Not blew up…” Selena shrugged. “But it did blow something internally.”
“What did you-“

“Deanna…” Selena tilted her head at her wife. “We’ve had it since 2015. And even then, we bought it used, remember? From a garage sale before we moved to Manhattan?”

“I…I guess.” Deanna shrugged her shoulders. “So, you just threw it out like that?”
“Oh no.” Selena remarked. “I held a memorial service, there was flowers, and then we had it creamted.”
“You’re messing with me.”
“Yep.” Selena smiled. “Yes, I threw it out, Deanna. It had served its purpose.”

A cold dread gripped Deanna’s spine, her next words unable to be stopped. “So…is that how it works with you now? Something doesn’t serve a purpose, you throw it away?”

Again, Selena’s smile diminished from her wife’s words, her laughter dying out. “Deanna…” she whispered, trying, as she turned back to making the drinks. “It was a coffee maker. Not a person.”

Slowly, not wanting to push things further in the current direction, Deanna nodded her head. “This is just… all so confusing.” She cast her eyes up to Selena. “You’re… you…but you’re also… that…” she gestured to the world title she had seen when she had first entered the room, the championship sitting beside Selena’s laptop.

“I’m the world title?” Selena asked with an eyebrow.

“No… I mean, yes… I mean…” Deanna sighed. “I just don’t get you these days.” She tried to explain. “You’re cold and you’re calculating, but then you’re not. You’re the Blue-Eyed Devil or whatever but then you’re taking care of me. But then you’re leaving me. But then you’re looking at me with that look – I know that look, okay? But then you’re not wishing me good luck with my match. But then you’re saying things like ‘you’re willing to work on being happy if I am’… I just…” she groaned in frustration. “Why is it this hard?!” she added in a whisper, curtailing her frustration so as not to wake the nearby sleeping Eric.

“Because it has to be.” Selena remarked. “I told you there would be consequences if I went back to SCW. I told you things wouldn’t be the same. Now? We’re on different ends of the board. That’s how it has to be. But that doesn’t mean I don’t love you with all my heart and it doesn’t mean I don’t miss you and the children.” She shrugged. “It’s just…how things have to be.”

Looking away, Deanna could only half-accept that answer, though she dropped the subject for now, changing topics a moment later. “What did you mean when you said you were willing to work on being happy if I was?”

The question wasn’t answered right away, as a hot mug of coffee was placed in Deanna’s hands, Selena then moving around to return to her seat, her own cup in her hands, though this one wasn’t steaming like Deanna’s was.

“I meant…” her eyes were away from Deanna, looking at a corner of the room. “…that I want to get some help with our marriage.”
“Help?” Deanna asked, the surprise unmistakable in her voice.
“My father made the suggestion… and I think it’s a sound one.” Selena shrugged. “We’re at odds in SCW. That’s not going to change. And it’s the biggest problem in our marriage right now. Cause it’s not our kids. It’s not anything outside of SCW, right?”

Deanna allowed herself to consider the question. No. It really wasn’t anything BUT SCW that was causing the rifts in their marriage. From Selena’s leaving it, to her return, to being hated and vilified, to her becoming the Blue-Eyed Devil, to leaving their house over it. Deanna gave a nod as her answer.

“Well…” Selena continued, prompted by her wife’s reply. “Then let’s get a mediator. Someone that can sit in as we discuss our concerns and issues and we can work through them. I mean… I don’t think it’ll be an easy fix, but it’ll be something.”

“Wait…” Deanna raised an eyebrow as she sipped her coffee. Damn…this IS good. “Are you suggesting we see a shrink?”
“Marriage counselor.”
“After all your years of hating doctors and psychologists and psychiatrists and shrinks…”
“Deanna…”
“And counselors and advisors…”
“Deanna…”
“And therapists and-“
“Deanna!”

Selena cold voice, a crisp whisper, cut through Deanna’s teasing, causing the redhead to snap back to the present, a bit of guilt in her features. “Sorry.” She whispered. “I just… I guess I am surprised.”

“I said I was willing to try if you are.” Selena remarked. “I don’t like doctors or shrinks, but if it helps things with you – or at least helps us make things better – then I’ll do it.”

It was touching, Deanna could admit that, but it still left so many things unsaid and questions she didn’t have answers for. And she was no less determined to figure out the extent of her wife’s power within SCW, but that would have to wait till Breakdown or some other moment. For now, her wife was talking to her and awaiting an answer.

“Okay…” the redhead whispered as she sipped her coffee. “I’ll give it a try…”
The Witches of Alden

”Therapy”

The Office of Dr. Glengow
New York City, New York
March 27th, 2024
1:19pm

Deanna shifted a little on the couch, her nervousness still playing tricks on her after all these weeks. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust anyone in this room – well, in terms of life and morals and whatever (the wrestling ring was still a little hazy with her wife). She just still couldn’t entirely shake the unease she had felt since this whole thing began.

At first, the redhead had figured that Selena’s concept would just be that. An idea. A notion. Something that, ultimately, wouldn’t go anywhere with Selena being too busy trying to be this ‘big, unstoppable world champion’ over in SCW, just like she had been too busy to be an outstanding student with the Aldens – well, that wasn’t entirely true but the less Deanna dwelled on that, the better.

Instead, as soon as she had dropped Deanna off at Manhattan following Retribution, it seemed, Selena was at work, working on her notion for to get them a marriage counselor. It had taken her only 48 hours to find a credible one, have background checks performed, AND get a series of appointments booked every week. No word of a lie! Deanna had gotten home, played with her kids, gone to bed, woke up, checked her health following her match with Polly, spent that day with her kids and, right at dinner, had gotten a call from Selena, telling her that they had an appointment booked.

She had barely been able to squeak out an ‘okay’ to the information, it had all happened so fast! But what was she going to do? She had promised to try and fix the issues that had arisen in her marriage to the Snow Queen. And it wasn’t that she didn’t want to – she did! She wanted her wife back – HER wife. Not whatever Selena was trying to be now over in SCW.

And, for what it was worth, Selena certainly had done the work. She hadn’t just grabbed the first counselor she could find. No, Deanna learned, at their first session a week later, that her wife had managed a thoroughly vetted program to find someone. And for that, Deanna was grateful – she recalled as she stared across the room where said doctor was sitting.

Dr. Nia Glengow. It had been surprising how Selena had found someone so… fitting – yes, Deanna could admit that easily. The woman not only had years of experience, but she had that personal relation that made her approachable. Like Deanna, Nia had grown up in a small town, ostracized for her sexuality. She was also in a fifteen year marriage with the same partner, though Deanna hadn’t met the woman yet. On top of that, she wasn’t a wrestling fan, which was a relief to the redhead.

The first session had been a ‘testing the waters’ and nothing else. Now? They were into the third session, which was where some work would be done, according to Glengow.

“So…” Glengow smiled, her dark skin contrasting with the white of her teeth. “We have about half an hour left-“

Deanna’s brain slowed everything down on its own in that moment: were they really already thirty minutes in?! All they had done was talk about the kids and Selena moving and… okay, so those two things alone could have filled up a lecture hall, but she didn’t feel like they had accomplished all that much. She didn’t feel relieved or hopeful, same as it had been with the first session.

And really… it was her own fault. She just…

“-How about we review the ‘Three and Three’ exercise you guys did. Selena?”

Turning her head, Deanna saw her wife straighten up. While Deanna wore a black pants and a green blouse, Selena wore a black pantsuit with her hair in an updo. Clearing her throat, the older Frost pulled out a piece of paper from her handbag.

“I love Deanna’s eyes and smile.” She took a moment to steal a glance towards the redhead. Despite the flutter of affection, however, Deanna mostly felt dread. “I dislike how she doesn’t always listen to me.” There was an apologetic glint in Selena’s eyes, but she kept going. “I love her spirit and passion. She works so hard to achieve things.” She cleared her throat, unnecessarily. “I dislike how foolish and dangerous she can be.” Deanna bit her lower lip, trying to keep herself from talking back. “I love Deanna’s heart…” she heard Selena’s voice hitch, breaking a little. “I dislike… I dislike how controlling she can be.”

Selena lowered her paper, taking a few deep breaths. Deanna was… surprised to say the least. Not listening? Controlling? Foolish – okay, THAT one made sense given her latest match requests. But still…

“I..I try and listen…” Deanna whispered, her hands entwining together and untying in her nervousness. “And I don’t want to control you-“

“Deanna…” Nia remarked patiently. “There is no judgment here. Selena, why do you feel your wife doesn’t listen to you and tries to control you.”

“Because…” Selena breathed. “Because she wouldn’t listen to me when I said I didn’t want to go back to SCW. She kept trying to make me go back. And then when I did, she tried to control how I went back and what I did.”

“I was…” Deanna bit on her bottom lip to stop herself. It wasn’t her turn. She was supposed to listen. “Sorry.” She whispered, sitting back in her seat.

“Selena…” Glengow remarked. “Do you feel that, perhaps, that her focus had ‘noble’ intentions?”

The Snow Queen stole a glance at Deanna. “She…” the platinum-blonde tried. “She tried to make me happy.”
“So it was out of love?”
“Yes.” Selena nodded.
“Perhaps that should be explored in the future, yes?” Nia guided before turning her attention to Deanna. “Deanna. Your three?” she smiled.

Nervously, Deanna revealed her paper, though it was far more crinkled than Selena’s (due to her holding it in her hand the whole time). “I love…my wife.” She shrugged. “Lame, I know. But I had to write that first before I could get started.”
“It’s okay.” Nia encouraged.

“Okay…” Deanna breathed. “I love my wife’s toughness. I’ve always wanted to be as tough as she was.” She eyed her paper, not wanting to look at Selena as she read. “I dislike how cold she can be.”

The image of Selena pushing her into the potted plant weeks ago flashed before her mind but the redhead pushed it back, focused on the task at hand. “I love – actually, I’m surprised we both got this one – I love my wife’s heart.” She almost looked Selena’s way, but she could still feel her wife’s smile on her. “I know she loves me and our kids and would do anything for them. But, I dislike…” she breathed. “Her ‘absolutes’ personality. There never seems to be a middle-ground with her. No room for compromise.”

“I…” Selena started.
“Selena.” Glengow prompted, immediately silencing the woman. “It is Deanna’s turn.”

“I…” Deanna tried to finish. “I love my wife’s spirit, no matter how much it’s been beaten down, I know she’s still the same woman I fell in love with. Still has that same heart, same love-“
“Deanna…” Glengow tried, but Deanna would not be stopped.
“Same kindness, same warmth, same passion-“
“Deanna…” Selena tried, but Deanna pressed on.

“But I hate that I can’t trust her.”

Deanna slammed her hands, and the paper, down, turning her eyes to gaze at both doctor and wife. “I can’t.” she remarked. “I can’t trust anything you do. Anything you say. How do I know you’re not just going to turn on me or hurt me or leave me again?”

“How could you…” Selena’s jaw trembled. “I did all this…”

“Yes, I know! But you ‘picked an official’ to mess with Kandis, didn’t you?” her emerald eyes flew to Nia. “I’m sorry.” She added. “But how do I know you care about me and my marriage and won’t just side with Selena to make me out to be the villain.”

To her surprise at such a bold claim, Glengow merely nodded her head. “I’ve had couples think the same thing, Deanna. It’s not an unfair assessment.”

“It isn’t?!” Deanna half-cried and half-laughed. “Because I am pretty sure I sound like a crazy person.”

“Couples starting therapy often have some damage done to their marriage already. Otherwise, why would you be here. Can I tell you what I see?”

“Please.” Deanna nodded, Selena remaining silent, though her eyes remained on Deanna.

“You both love one another very much, and for a lot of the same reasons. But you both feel like you’re not being listened to by the other. That the other is trying to control you through absolutes or a lack of compromise. In your case, Deanna, there are trust issues present now.”

Deanna nodded. “So what do you recommend?”

Nia gestured to the two of them with their pen. “That you reopen those lines of communication… and we can start right now.” With a smile, she leaned forward. “Let’s start with the exercise of 40-20-40…”

So… where do we start?

I mean, it’s an interesting question this time around. Because for the first time in… actually, a while… I find myself without a proper direction. I find myself a little lost. And to be clear, there is a difference between ‘direction’ and ‘goal’.

My goals haven’t changed. I still desire to fight the battles I’ve been fighting. Battles to establish myself in SCW on my own two feet. To establish this division that is the United States Championship. To be seen as one of the toughest, most ‘grit’ – grittiest? – superstars in SCW today. To be remembered for more than my last name!

Like I said, those goals have not changed. Those goals will not change until they are complete. And at as I approach my near ninth month as the United States Champion, I refuse to slow down. I refuse to settle and I refuse to rest on my laurels.

But… like I said, I find myself a little listless. Like a ship in the middle of the ocean without a wind to touch its sails. I feel that the wind in my sails is a little absent – how does the saying go? ‘Having the wind knocked out of you’.

But that’s understandable, right? That’s something that maybe isn’t so hard to believe, given what Polly put me through. Let me be clear: I refuse to do Polly any disservice or disrespect after the match she gave me. I won’t stand here and say “I’m good! I’m ready to go! I had no doubts about winning my match at Retribution!”. I refuse to do such a dishonor to Polly after all she gave.

Polly, you got close. Closer than anyone else has ever come. You wanted to prove to me that you were tough, that you wanted it – the title, the championship status, the spotlight – you proved it all. You pushed me further than anyone ever has before. From The One to Kimberly Williams, you pushed me to the absolute limit. To the point where I wasn’t sure a couple times which way actually was up! I may have tried pulling myself into a the floor thinking I was trying to stand up, I was so disoriented. And as cliché as it sounds, I actually became more of a believer in you. Because I truly believe now that you being a champion – of this title or any title – it’s a matter of ‘when’, not ‘if’. You earned that, Polly, so thank you.

And after the war Polly and I had, like I said, I got the wind knocked out of my sails a bit. Because I find myself, for the first time, in a division with no clear challenger. No clear contender. I mean, I don’t know what the rankings are. Can someone show them to me? Because I want to know who is next to challenge for this championship. I want to know who is next in line for me to bring my best to! Do we need a contendership match? Do we need some kind of system brought in? Do I need to create another match?

I don’t know. But without that knowledge, I spent my post-pay-per-view kind of drifting. And I don’t want to be doing that. I want to stay hungry. I want to stay sharp. I want to stay on my A-game by taking on challengers. I want to keep this title on the minds of every member within the SCW Universe as a workhorse title. No contracts or special conditions or special officials or this and that needed. Just a will, a desire, and grit that won’t quit… that actually would be a really cool saying on a T-shirt!

Anyway, I suppose, because of all of that – all I’ve said – I’m actually grateful for the match that is placed before me. I am! Not just excited, but grateful. Because I’m meant to face The Nightmare Warrior, The Leader of the Phantom Troupe, The Alpha Bad of SCW’s Underground division – David Striker.

Now… let me take a second and unpack that. I am sure I am missing a few, but that’s what’s been used lately. A man with, at least, three nicknames and he hasn’t even been here a year. I’ve been here two and I don’t have a nickname anymore. I’m not ‘The Queen’s Guard’ anymore. And I haven’t established a nickname for myself since I dropped that name. Him? He’s got three! David KNOWS who he is. And that screams confidence to me. That screams certainty. That screams that this is a man that knows what he wants and will do what he has to to get it!

And you proved that last Breakdown, didn’t you, David?

You had a challenge placed before you from Kimberly Williams. And as someone that DID beat her at her own game, in her own world, I know what a match with that woman entails. I know what it takes to go toe-to-toe with her like you did at Retribution. It’s not easy and it’s far from pleasant. A toughness is needed – required – just to walk out of it, winner or loser.

But you didn’t just accept that reality, did you, Striker. No, you upped the ante. That’s what I respect most about you, David. You brought in a match that, frankly, has NEVER been heard of here in SCW. A triple cage with a zipline thrown in. A “Long Hard Road Out of Hell”. And I watched that exchange between you and Kimberly, and you know what I thought?

I thought to myself, “What kind of mind do you have to have to create a match like that?”. I mean, think about it! I’ve put forward the Elimination Chamber and Last Woman Standing matches for the title I hold, but those are tried-and-true matches for what I was going for. You? You took our history and said “That’s not enough” and created something… something I’m a little envious of not being part of, to be honest. Triple cage? Are you kidding? What’s tougher than that? There’s the fear of heights for one!

But I digress. I am not here to step on your toes or on your new match. Far from it, I will be watching like an avid fan as you and Kimberly solve this rubber match between you. But the point that I am getting at, David, is that, at a time where I don’t know which way to go, which way the wind will send me, I get the man that created THAT. I get the man that is so tough, he upped the ante on a Kimberly Williams challenge. A man so talented, he’s made a name for himself in his first year with nicknames up the wahzoo!

Now do you see why I am grateful and excited, David? Why I am chomping at the bit to see this match through? Because I may not get any direction regarding my title division, but I sure as hell can get my other two goals looked at with you! Because who better than to test my ‘grit’ after my pay-per-view match than such a man! A man that clearly believes in always going a step further, in upping the ante? A man that may be as twisted as Kimberly Williams in his own way!

I can’t think of anyone better than that for me, David. Because it means, with this being a regular match, I am going to have to dig deep and do more than just try and launch two or three, or a dozen, Burnouts your way! I’m going to have to dig deep and challenge myself to think outside the box for someone as creative as you. I am going to have to expect nothing and everything in order to come out on top and win this match.

Yes, David, I said ‘win this match’. Because that’s one thing you and I don’t have in common. I am not going to come to Breakdown like you did at Retribution and say “if I win… if I lose… if I win… if I lose…”. I don’t think that way, young man. I think only on one mentality: I need to overcome, I need to surpass, I need to win.

Whatever is thrown at me, I need to be stronger than. I have to power through. That is how my brain is wired, David. So I don’t have a contingency for if I lose, because I am not wrestling – fighting – with a loss in my plans. I will be wrestling you 100% believing that I will win.

And tonight, I cannot imagine any other outcome. Because you are going to find, David, that, like you, I am also good at ‘upping the ante’. I am also rather proficient at taking what I am given and returning it with more than I took! Every shot, every blow, every throw, every landing! I get back up and I give it back with interest! Don’t believe me? Ask Kimberly Williams. Like the title I carry, I took hers at the Rise to Greatness Pre-show! And that little difference, David? The one that made Kimberly beat you at Retribution? That’s going to be the difference between us here tonight.

Because I will keep upping the ante, keep raising the pot, until you can’t keep up with me. Until you start to realize just how ‘all-in’ I am to this match. And that’s when you will start questioning EVERYTHING. You’ll start to question if this is worth it to you. This match. If it’s worth risking a disadvantage at Taking the Leap, which is right around the corner, by the way. You’ll start to question your own threshold, you’ll start to weigh the pros and cons… and I’ll still be raising the ante every minute. Every second.

Until finally, like I said, the ante will be so high that you’ll only have two options left. Bow out… or Burnout!

Tonight, David Striker, bring everything you have in mind for Kimberly. Bring your power, your tolerance, your creativity, all of it. Because I am going to use all of that as the wind that I need. Tonight, my ship starts sailing again! Tonight, I get things back on track for the United States division and for myself. Because I am not coming to Seattle, Washington – to Breakdown – to question the world champion, to stand up to my wife – no. That was last week. No, Striker, I am coming to Breakdown for one thing and one thing only.

To take all you’ve got… and beat your ass with it!

Checkmate, bitches!
Date: April the 3rd, 2024

{The screen static jumps to a shot of the inside of a locker room somewhere in Japan from the markings on the doors and such before the door opens and none other than the “Front Man of the Dope Show” himself, David “Bam Bam” Striker, with Irvine at his side strides into the locker room and plops down in an open chair, his short white-blonde hair is sweaty and messed up and his bare upper body looks like he’d just gotten done with a war only moments before as Irvine steps out of camera long enough to grab something and hand it to his boss to which David offers a silent nod of thanks before popping the can of Liquid Death water and chugging half of its contents before leaning back in his chair}

David: Hello my lovely freaks and geeks, welcome to the Dope Show and I want to wish you, Miss Deanna, an extra special ‘ello ‘ello and greetings to all from the Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium right here in Nagoya, Aichi, Japan. Now the Troupe as a whole has been making quite the killing up and down the great lands of Japan during the Havok TV tour here and as usual, I’m keeping myself busy between dates for SCW and yes, my father’s old saying about the only way to stay proper and ready in this industry is to keep your dance card always full was quite the piece of advice.

Now after this bit of promoting, I’m heading for the Nagoya Airport, where I’m going to catch a flight to Cleveland for our match, Deanna, and while it may not be for the United States Heavyweight championship, that does not mean that I won’t fight you just as hard for it because if busting my ass for the last couple of days on this tour with my fellow freaky brothers and sisters has helped me to regain violently calm center, I wish to grant you this level of calm by giving you one of the biggest fights of your career here to date in SCW, one without the drama of a title match or someone questioning you on what the fuck ever.

Now I’m probably going to say something that’s gonna blow your mind here in a second, Deanna, and I want you to understand that I say this with the utmost respect and kindness possible, and you can trust this to every end as honesty, so here we go;

I *RESPECT* you, Deanna Frost.

And no, that’s not me just saying that because you’re the US title holder and I’m thinking “oh, that’ll be a quick way to a title match I know it!”...*NO*!! I’m saying that because look at where you started and where you are now…*you* did that, and just like Kimberly Williams you did that entirely with your own two hands and dedication to your craft, and to a guy like who is still in the early years of his own career, to see someone like you bust your ever loving ass hard enough to get that kind of work ethic done by the sweat of your brow and the blood on your hands, how can I not respect you for that, eh?

It also makes a person like me want to fight you even harder because of that respect.

{David stops long enough to take another pull off of his can of water before setting it down on the table in front of him}

David: And that’s exactly what you’re going to get this week on Breakdown, my dear Deanna. Now I know for the last little bit I’ve been enjoying my wars in the ring with Kimberly, but while I enjoy the chaotic nature and raw primal fury of the Underground division, sometimes I feel that dire need to get back to my basics and that’s what I’m going to do with you, Deanna. Yes, I will admit that there is a certain freedom that I’ve enjoyed while working in the Underground division and that is something that I fully suggest that you actually try and do at some point, Deanna, and I don’t mean to just try for that title but to honestly go to the division and just cut loose, as it might do your soul some good.

It did to mine and now I find myself pulled more towards there as I await Kimberly’s answer to my question…

{David stops talking long enough to look sideways at the table next to him and the camera slowly slides left to show us the ever presented black and gold sealed contract and the reaction on David’s face is noticeable as his eyes tighten and he looks a bit more sinister for a few seconds before the camera slides back to give its full attention back on the “Front Man of the Dope Show” himself once more}

David: I need to be honest in that when I first came here to SCW, I wasn’t prepared for the level of…freedom that I was going to be given. But from that first moment leading up to my first match against Kimberly Williams, Deanna, I’ve felt like I was meant to be here, meant to shed my very life’s blood and offer up the sweat bred from my hard work from my very brow to stand here among the elite and like I said before, I do not care for things like “undefeated streaks” when there are more important things like bringing higher and higher levels of pure chaos to these very rings for the fans’ enjoyment each and every night that I’m out here.

And from my very first moments of sitting at my home in lovely Cameron North Carolina, as I sat there and watched some of the greats that work here in this company…like Colleen, Aisling, and Polly, the Rebel Hearts themselves... along with Konrad Raab, Kelsai Adamson, Lucas Knight, Kimberly Williams, Veronica Strader, Xander Valentine, and *YOU*, Deanna Frost. And while some people on the roster simply want to keep things at the status quo, like in certain fucked up promotions that I could name that include the letters “EAW”...I look at SCW’s roster and people like you, and I can honestly see myself burning down the house working with and against such great talents!!

And as much as I respect you and your talent in the ring, Deanna, while I can see that you will spill no end of blood, sweat, and tears to try and prove your worth…your superiority as the “Face of SCW" at Breakdown this week…to find a way to deal with these inner demons that have been dragging your mind and spirit from being even greater than you can be in that ring…the only way that I know how to drag those you away from those demons and encourage those very fires within you is by tearing you down and beating you in that very ring in just two days time.

I’m sorry to say that in order to help you become greater than you are, I must shatter you before the international wrestling community…in order to pull you up and away from those inner demons that threaten to shatter you, I must do that myself and the only way that I can truly do that myself is to put the full force and fury of the Dope Show, the Phantom Troupe itself, into a direct path of destruction with you for a single night and come out the winner.

Why might you ask?

Because that’s who I am.

You see Deanna, I am a second generation wrestler. My father was a wrestler, my older brother…whom the entire fucking *world* knows who he is…is a wrestler, my older sister is a wrestler…some of my best friends are professional wrestlers…even a woman that I’m rather fond of in the long run who probably doesn’t even acknowledge my existence is a professional wrestler…it is something that I cannot escape from nor would I because I feel the desire to perform in front of these very rabid fans pulsing through my veins like a fiery venom from the world’s largest snake coursing and racing through me like you would not believe…

{David’s face then splits into one large grin}

David: …just like how I know it does for you as well.

But you’re also a creature divided, Deanna, your attention is not focused solely on an opponent who is driven by a desire to reap and sow chaos, an opponent who has been trained to twist you into shapes that would make a cubist painter weep with tears of creative joy…and while you might be the “Face of SCW”, you are going up against the “Front Man of the Dope Show”...and I can tell you here and now that means that I’m the face of the Phantom Troupe…you see me and you see them, whenever *I* succeed, *THEY* succeed!!

And at Breakdown, when I introduce you to the very *nature* of Equivalent Exchange…you’re going to welcome it with arms wide open because I will have brought you the glorious gift of a battle against an opponent who has no hidden agenda, Deanna Frost. I’m not after your title, I’m not out to change your world view or to prove that I am superior or any of that kind of horseshit.

No.

I am a man who measures himself by the battles that he’s fought and the level of the opponent’s that he’s faced and for a man like me, so early into a very promising career, to face someone of your quality…of your expertise, this early into my career…I see that as a very promising thing because in *my* mind, you are an opponent that others must struggle to be worthy of because you and I, Deanna, in the baser parts of our existence we share a similar belief. A belief in something that neither one of us can truly explain and for that understanding, Deanna Frost, you have my utmost respect on a whole different level.

But then in turn, that is also where our respective worlds must also come into conflict doesn’t it?

A slight…tussel if you will…between our unique beliefs.

But then again, my beliefs are as evident as the unbroken day…

{David then holds up his bare right arm, showing us the sleeve of tattoos there including the rich dark purple ink that runs in ever oh so familiar patterns and twists as he flexes the arm in ways to draw the camera’s attention to those very patterns and twists before it slowly pans back up to his face}

David: I’m truly hoping that my words inspire you, light that fire deep inside of you for there is someone who wants to fight you at your best, to see the fire burning bright behind your eyes as you try to kick my ever loving head in Cleveland, I want you to be entirely focused in on me, Deanna Frost, and I don’t want you to be focused on anything less because if you do, if you fucking hesistat for one singular instance…then I’ll have you. I mean look at my history thus far in Supreme Championship Wrestling, Deanna. Take a real close look at it and you’ll find that you’re stepping into the ring against an opponent who is much more of a technical artist than you can ever hope to be, someone who is quick as a mongoose and just as freaking crazy as a honey badger.

{The smile then slowly disappears from David’s face as he picks up his drink again and quickly finishes it off before slowly putting the can down again, dark eyes glittering as he looks hard into the camera}

David: At Breakdown, Deanna Frost, you’re not facing some kid with pie in the sky hopes…no, you’re going to be facing off against a young demon in this sport. The kind of crazed SOB who has one simple desire in his body, one simple desire roaring through his mind and that is to win, no matter the cost because I’m fully intending on reaping what I’ve sown and what I’ve sown, Deanna, is a desire to become the kind of wrestler that my father was during his time in the ring, all of those years ago.

While I might respect you, that will not stop what is coming in Cleveland because the moment that my music hits and I strut my stuff down to that very ring to face you…understand that in order to prepare for this match, I have gone against some of the toughest members of an another company’s roster just to *PREPARE* To face you in the ring, Deanna Frost, because I know that you’re someone who expects to be fighting against the best and I absolutely refuse to give you anything but my best and that is what you’re going to get.

And if you think that my wars against Kimberly Williams was crazy…wait till you step into the ring with me…as I will show you the true meaning of the word “brutal combat”.

So, do whatever you can do to prepare for this match, so make sure that your boots are laced and your fists are good and tight…and as always make sure that you grit your teeth because in just a couple of more days time, you’re going to be entering your own personal warzone and despite all of you high talk, Deanna, I honestly don’t see you being able to back it up like I can in the ring because while you’ve spent all of this time safe and sound with your lover quick to jump to your defense if the fires get too high for you to deal with…all I have ever had before the Troupe is one man and he let me play with the fire until I fully understood what I was getting into.

So I will be bringing everything into our match, but don’t think or assume for one instant that I’m thinking past you, Deanna, because I’m not and that is something that you should be very afraid of.

{David’s eyes then grow very dark as a truly pure rage fills them}

David: Oh, and as for you claiming that the match that I’m challenging Kimberly with was created from something that *you* did is nothing more than pure weapons grade bullshit as this match was originally created by Paul Dumont in the Extreme Wrestling Incorporated promotion back in late 1999 as a way to end a feud that he was in because him and his partner Ruiner had literally warred themselves bloody against the True Living Colors over the EWI World Tag Team titles and they wanted one match to end it all, to put that final *DOT* on everything…and thus Paul came up with this match…one that you don’t win, but *SURVIVE*!!!

Since then there have only been nine…*NINE* of these matches, with one being done as recently as three years ago over in the World Wrestling Headquarters and it was voted the most disturbing match ever seen in that company’s existence!!

Nine matches…in over twenty years, Deanna.

After my loss to Kimberly at Retribution, I went out and sought the head of the Slayton Wrestling Dynasty because Paul Dumont is the cousin of the infamous "Godfather of Violence" himself, and I presented my case before I asked him to give me the ability to present the match to Kimberly, to give her the kind of match that she *TRULY* and *COMPLETELY* deserves...and he gave me his blessings to challenge her to the tenth ever Long Hard Road out of Hell match ever in history.

And this is the level of bloody *HELL* that I offer up to Kimberly Williams as a way to answer that question between her and I for good!!

That is not arrogance, Deanna, that is a level of dedication that you can't even *BEGIN* to *touch*, now isn't? To me, the Underground division isn't just some hardcore playground...it is a place where a true artist of Chaos can truly enjoy oneself, which is why Kimberly is excellent and at home there!

But at Breakdown, I shall bring you your own special brand of Hell, courtesy of myself.

For if you wanted the Nightmare Warrior’s full attention, you’ve already have it…now let us see what happens to you for your chosen folly, shall we?

See you on Thursday, Deanna.

{The screen then static jumps to black}