Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Slayter McKinney vs. Ruby Amarant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Slayter McKinney vs. Ruby Amarant

2 RP Limit for singles matches
Deadline: Noon ET Tuesday, December 4, 2018
ooc: Didn't have as much time as I would've liked for this, which bothers me. But at least I threw something together to help Scarlet's handler continue with her stuff while also seriously hinting towards some things for Ruby's story whenever I'm able to get back to it full force again.

One of the things Ruby Amarant despised more than anything else was not being in control of a situation.

After all, it's done enough to her life to make her into the woman she is now, and allowing things to return to that point was not an option.

That was just one reason why she wasn't in the best of moods despite what seemed like a successful pay-per-view for the Red Empire.

While Ruby sat on the sidelines, Scarlet proceeded to enact her plan by taking on Aaron Blackbourne's girlfriend in a bikini contest, and unfortunately, Ruby's warnings to her partner came to fruition when the fans very clearly took more to her than they did to the buxom bombshell showing them far more than she believed they ever deserved half the time. Before the nail could be put in the coffin, however, Scarlet had her first meltdown in-ring and on-camera when she made the rash decision to attack the girl and try to seriously harm her with that patented submission hold of hers, keeping Aaron at bay just long enough to force Jonathan Knots to declare her the winner. Scarlet may have “won” her date, but Ruby found out from listening to the commentary for the show later on that the girl never signed any waivers since what she got herself into wasn't an actual wrestling match, meaning Scarlet had just assaulted what SCW would technically consider a “fan” or “special guest” despite the circumstances.

She knew this wasn't going to end well.

She'd remained quiet about the matter since she didn't want to sour the moment and risk her fellow redhead going back into a full-blown meltdown with Ruby forced to endure its wrath this time around, but now that Breakdown was just a few days away, she had to voice her concerns. As much as she wanted to keep Scarlet happy so situations like this became few and far between, sometimes a harsh dose of reality was necessary in order to get her head back to where it needed to be. Under any other circumstances, Ruby wouldn't be concerned with the knowledge that Scarlet was indulging in something that she wanted while she had a chance to regain some much-needed footing on the SCW ladder, but with the possibility of repercussions lingering overhead, Ruby was not going to allow her focus to be divided and risk screwing everything up.

It was no surprise that Scarlet was tucked away in the bedroom again. This exact scenario was almost a mirror image of before Bound by Blood, except this time instead of admiring her own body in preparation for showing it off tucked into a bikini, she was trying to figure out the best thing to wear on her impending date. She knew this could be her one and only chance to permanently win Aaron's affection, especially after the stunt she pulled to get this in the first place, and due to agreeing to allow SCW cameras to follow them “to be fair” she had to save some of the things she truly wanted to do for when they went away. Granted, the different outfits she had laid out didn't exact hide her intentions, but once again she was in her own little world and Ruby was unfortunately going to have to pull her from it when she cleared her throat from the doorway.

Grey: Oh, hey Rubes! Sorry, I don't think I can help with getting you ready to embarrass that Slayter chick like I did weeks ago. We need to head out soon and I still can't settle on what to wear. I really need to capture Aaron's attention if this is going to go the way I want it to, even if Arkansas isn't my first choice for a hot date locale.

Amarant: Slayter's of no concern to me right now Scarlet. We both know that with her shaky confidence she's drowning in the deep end and I'm the shark that's about to make it all worse for her. I want to talk to you about what happened at the pay-per-view.

Grey: You mean how I make a joke out of that so-called 'comedian' and proved she doesn't rock a bikini like I do?

Scarlet held up a bikini top against her bare chest, perhaps either thinking of something where she could have an excuse to show it off to Aaron or maybe give him a peak if she had to wear more, but Ruby ripped the top from her hands and tossed it onto the bed. While it annoyed her, it got Scarlet's attention as she immediately took note of the look in Ruby's eyes and knew what was coming next.

Amarant: I'm not going to say that you lost, both because I agree you looked much better and no one can argue with what the record books say, but you promised me you were going to stay in line with this.

Grey: I also promised you and everyone else that the only way this ended was when Aaron Blackbourne is mine, and I will do whatever is necessary to-

Amarant: I get that Scar, because I know you better than anyone else. But you remember when I said this would have far more controllable variables if it was an actual wrestling match? When you tried to break that girl in half, apparently she never signed any sort of waiver since you guys were having a CONTEST, not a MATCH.

Grey: ...your point?

Amarant: My POINT is that we already played the card about her not actually being part of this roster against them, and now because you got a little carried away they can turn it back on you. There was nothing in place protecting her from a stunt like what you pulled, and while you're busy trying to finish making this little dream of yours a reality despite the extra challenge you created for yourself now, I'm probably going to walk into that arena and get chewed out for what you did before hearing about some kind of punishment that's going to not only rain on your parade, but probably set us back in YOUR end game of conquering SCW for your own self-created empire! Do you think I want that heading into a match that, as much as I hate to admit it, I NEED to win to regain so much lost momentum?

It wasn't like Ruby to get this frustrated, especially right in front of Scarlet, but she was allowing it to slip through this time because she really needed to get this through Scarlet's thick skull. It wasn't so much about the match she had, even if the distraction wasn't going to help matters when she was already trying to right the ship for herself, but she knew how Scarlet was going to react when it finally came down and it wasn't going to be pretty, and the last thing the Red Empire needed right now was for things to be made any worse. As Ruby briefly put some distance between them to punch the wall as a means of trying to regain control of her own emotions, Scarlet couldn't help but laugh, which only got a raised eyebrow from her partner.

Amarant: Is something about this potential problem amusing to you?

Grey: Sorry Rubes, but you really need to lighten up and stop trying to be such a control freak all the time. What is SCW going to do that's actually going to do that's worth worrying over? Fine me? If the walls of our little castle surrounding us right now are any indication, I could care less about losing out on some money. Pit me against somebody that's going to kick my amazing ass? All they're doing is handing me a stepping stone to the top. I don't care if it's Kennedy just because I made it clear to Jonny that I trump that stick figure in every category and he knows it but has the same problem Aaron's trying to hide behind, that Amy prude hiding behind an injury and her blog when she knows her age is what really keeps her from being on the same level as me in any capacity despite trying to emulate me by jumping into bed with multiple guys every night, or anyone else I don't have a problem with outside of being in my way. I'll embarrass them all and not only win the heart of my beloved little demon, as well as everything that comes with it, but winning that vote and ending the year as world champion doesn't sound like a bad idea while I'm at it.

Ruby could almost feel her jaw hitting the floor as Scarlet returned to sorting through her clothes to try and find something to wear for her date. While she didn't mind the line of thinking under normal circumstances, she was both afraid Scarlet was so far up on cloud nine she was getting in over her head and not truly understanding this particular scenario. The last time this situation arose, it was to their benefit because as a fan attacking a wrestler, Liane Forte was thrown out of the building and had her backstage access revoked until SCW decided to change their stance weeks later, no doubt in response to Scarlet's challenge. With the roles reversed, there was one possibility Scarlet wasn't even considering, and Ruby needed her to understand before she was too far into her own head.

Amarant: Did you ever consider the possibility that they might simply let you, or both of us, go? Like it or not, we're not the top priority even if we both wish otherwise, and this is a pretty big issue to simply overlook without a major punishment. Not everything can be resolved by simply giving us a difficult scenario with an opportunity hidden within or trying to dent our wallets, you know. Plus, I think they would know by now the way to best dealing with you is to cut you off from what you want, especially if it allows Aaron to go back to trying to focus on his career without trying to see things from your point of view. Maybe if we're lucky Katya would be willing to sweep everything under the rug since you enticed her into getting what you wanted, but the rest of that family might not see things in that light anymore.

Scarlet dropped the dress she was looking at and turned her gaze to Ruby, not necessarily looking pleased at her partner's attempt to keep playing the voice of logic right now. She slowly sauntered over to where Ruby was standing as she was eyed carefully, and the next thing the more cold and calculating of the two knew, she was being shoved against the wall as Scarlet held her wrists above her head, pressing their chests together as she stared deeply into Ruby's eyes.

Grey: You're worrying way too much about this Rubes. I was hoping to fully save myself until my date, but since you're in desperate need of stress relief before your pretty little head explodes, allow me to take over your whole world for just a little while.

With that, Scarlet shoved her tongue into Ruby's mouth, igniting a passionate kiss that clearly showed where she wanted this to go. Ruby's eyes went wide, not because she wasn't expecting this since this was Scarlet Grey we're talking about, but something about this entire situation seemed... painfully familiar to her, and it suddenly had her breathing rapid fire through Scarlet's kiss before she managed to slip her hands free and shove Scarlet back with enough force it sent her flying onto the bed! Normally, rough behavior was forgivable, but that wasn't exactly what Scarlet was expecting, especially when Ruby quickly scrambled out of the room rambling to herself at about a mile a second. The only thing Scarlet could make out from it was something about “never letting herself be trapped like that again” which had her mind working to try and find the meaning, though the answers she kept coming up with didn't exactly sit too well with her.

Ruby didn't care what was happening with Scarlet anymore, not at this moment at least. All she could focus on was locking herself in her study and trying her best to calm down before she had a meltdown of her own. Something in what Scarlet did seemed to trigger something in her that was very much uncomfortable, and while she knew full well what it was she desperately wanted to just forget about the whole thing and move on, especially knowing Scarlet was going to have questions... questions she really didn't want to answer.

Maybe focusing on Slayter and just letting whatever happened happen at this point regarding Scarlet's actions was for the best in her mind... anything to try and regain some clarity after this little episode.