Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Slayter McKinney vs. Ravyn Taylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SCW Adrenaline Championship
Slayter McKinney vs. Ravyn Taylor

RP Limit: 2 RP for singles; 2 RP for tag
Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Tuesday, December 18, 2018 *NOTE LATE DEADLINE*
Episode 8
-------------
Lightning in a Bottle

I’ve seen few bright stars in my time. I missed my chance to catch all of them. Long ago, I began to understand and accept, albeit grudgingly, that I would never be one of those bright stars. For some it’s a fight with mediocrity that consumes them, for others it’s a fight to never be mediocre, a continual attempt to ascend ever higher and become one of those bright stars, and still for others, it’s the struggle of just not burning out too fast.

Finding the brightest stars, whether while their burning bright or just about to, is like catching lightning in a bottle. Like harnessing fire and fury and directing it. If you catch it at just the right time, it becomes unstoppable. The star burns brighter, and brighter.

I chose not to catch Slayter McKinney and become her manager because I questioned my judgment. You never can tell what you’re looking at in this business. Some turds look like gold, and some gold looks like turds. I’m old. I’m a turd. Always was, and always will be. I’ve invested a lot of striving time to to catch and hold one of those bright stars once I realized I wasn’t and could never be one of them. Slayter McKinney had me excited for the first time in years when she showed up in SCW back in, what, August?

I thought it was my chance, my break. But then she started to choke. Appearance after appearance, her star looked less bright than it did. Started to look more and more like me. I hate people that look like me. I hated my career now that I’ve looked back on it. Not a shooting star, not even a falling star. Just a person looking into the reflections of the heavens in puddles on the ground. Slayter McKinney never fell to earth. She was always there.

Don’t you have a match in a couple of hours? It’s a title match. Adrenaline Championship. Huge opportunity.” My voice is soft and quiet in the darkened gym space. On the ring apron, alone in the gym save for me standing behind her DSLR camera recording video, is Slayter McKinney gently tracing the tips of her fingers absently along her lips and staring off into space. She doesn’t notice me, or my question.

So I speak up.

Hey? This is the dirt calling Slayter McKinney.” Startled, she glances at me, her eyes gaining focus and recognition of who it is who’s addressing her. She doesn’t say anything. Moments pass before I hit the stop button on her camera. She hasn’t cut a single promo in weeks, why bother wasting storage space on her SD card for yet another failed attempt at promo air time she can’t fill.

So what hit you, Slayter?” She’s still staring. Something in her eyes is crying out for recognition, but I’m old, and I can’t see for shit anymore. "You look someone gut punched you on your wedding day after some prick stood you up," I chuckled and step in front of the camera as it powers off to save its battery and fold my arms. I’m Jack Hugg, by the way. You don’t know me. It doesn’t matter.

I’ve seen many a fall from grace in my time, chick, but I’ve never seen someone fall so far from the lowest branch on the bush. You didn’t even make it and you look like you’ve lost everything.

Why are you here?” She says softly, finally. “Thought you deemed me unworthy of your discipleship.

I was in the neighborhood. Wanted to see what happened. See if you wanted to talk.

Well, I don’t.” She slumped off the ring apron with a glare at me before stalking toward the locker room. I’ve seen the look before. Like she’s lost everything already and there’s nothing left to lose.

I’d like to help you, Slayter. Talk about it. Whatever’s bothering you. You’re sinking, girl. What’s wrong? Spare your career the weight you’re carrying. Spare yourself. You can right this ship. Win that belt. Put yourself back on--

Fuck off.” She said, blankly past her shoulder without looking back. “There’s nothing to talk about.

So much for lightning in a bottle.
I actually thought last week was the final Breakdown of 2019, so I wasn't expecting to be booked this week. I've got my mother staying with me, so finding time to RP was especially difficult, but I got there for Ravyn at least.

Enjoy.

[Image: thediary.png]

Ravyn Taylor's Diary
October 27th, 2018