Supreme Championship Wrestling

Full Version: Blake Mason vs. Xander Valentine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blake Mason vs. Xander Valentine

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Deadline: NOON ET WEDNESDAY, February 6, 2019
The January 30th edition of Breakdown went as Blake expected it to. He addressed the crowd, let them know that he is officially back. Once again reminded the world that the ball in Chris Cannon’s court about there potential match at Retribution assuming his former friend turned blood rival turned... something... accepted his challenge. Later in the night he had Owen Cruze’s back, par for the course. Blake concluded the night feeling like he never left. Once Blake Mason returned to the backstage area, he walked immediately to the parking lot without bothering to chat with anyone backstage. His nefarious past did make it easier for him to avoid his co-workers. Except for Andrew Raynes, he doesn’t feel he has a friend in the locker room. Him and James Evans are civil. James has his life, Blake has his. Simple as that. Blake was of the mindset that he didn’t want to  spend anymore time in the arena then he had to. Can’t keep the driver and Christy Hightower waiting.

Reaching the car, he gets in the back. Christy is busy looking at her phone as he settles in. “Everything go without a hitch?” she inquires.

Blake responds. “Had to save Owen. Sorry I’m late.”

“Already making it hard on yourself?” she flashes a smirk. “Katya isn’t going to be pleased. Bad enough you tried to stop Syren from becoming World Champion. Your display of heroism isn’t going to go unnoticed.”

Blake shrugs. “I didn’t come back to play it safe.”

“Fair enough. Business as usual.” Christy puts away the phone. She looks at Blake. “So, back to the hotel?”

“No. I need a distraction, Christy. We’re heading to The Cheetah Lounge.”

Christy looks at Blake mildly perplexed by his choice in how he wants to spend the rest of the night. “You do know The Cheetah Lounge is a strip club.”

“And?” Blake retorts back.

“What if someone has a camera? What if someone post a video or a photo on the internet? How do you explain that?” Christy calmly ask.

“I’m an adult! One trip to a club is not the end of the world. If you don’t wanna go, fine. Peyton is probably still in the building. Hang out with her. I can go it alone.” Blake sighs.

“Something is wrong.” Christy rest her hand on the knee of Blake. “Talk to me.”

Blake doesn’t hesitate to say, “Are you in or not?”

Christy ponders Blake’s question for very long. “Someone needs to do damage control.” Christy winks.

Blake raises an eyebrow. “I don’t need a babysitter.”

“You’re not paying me enough for that.” Christy chuckles.  

“Hush.” Blake finally cracks a smile.

Blake and Christy didn’t talk at all during the trip to The Cheetah Lounge. For a half hour Blake was lost in his own thoughts. Christy was more focused on by whatever she was doing on her phone. Blake didn’t care enough to notice. The car finally pulls up in front of The Cheetah Lounge. Once inside, it is clear the Cheetah Lounge isn’t the low class, bargain basement strip clubs people see on television, it is a true gentlemen’s club, high class. An establishment any middle-high club individual can walk into without feeling shame. The last thing on Blake’s mind is shame; that’s for certain.

Blake and Christy promptly take a seat a private table.

“NOW are you going to tell me what is bothering you?” Christy insist.

“I’m fine!” Blake reaffirms.

“Right, a man who can get a woman naked without saying a word goes out of his way to party at a gentlemen's club. Have to admit, that’s odd.”

Blake makes eye contact with one of the dancers across the room. He motions for her to join himself and Christy. “Aren’t you always telling me to loosen up? Make up your damn mind!”

Christy was going to prolong the argument. The tension interrupted by a curvaceous twenty something dancer Blake called over. She made her way onto the table to start her dance routine. Blake reaches into his pocket, pulling out a wad of cash. He hands her ten dollars.      “Impress me and I’ll up the ante.” Blake nods.  The woman takes the ten. She stuffs it in her bra.

In amazement, Christy shakes her head. “I can’t believe we’re doing this.”

“I gave you a choice. You chose me over Peyton... I would choose Peyton over me.”

Christy clears her throat. “Ahem. She’s off limits.”

“Relax, Christy. I wouldn’t go there anyway. She is Kelcey’s prized student. I would like to keep my distance from all matters Kelcey thank you very much. Bad enough I am giving Chris the freaking closure he wants. Hasn’t he won enough---”

He doesn’t stick around long enough to enjoy the dancing. He stands up,  Blake walks through the club all the way to the bathroom. Luckily for him he is alone. Staring at his own reflection in the mirror, his mind brings him back to that fateful day sometime in December...

~~~

It was a week or so before the EMERGE Capital Shake Up pay per view. Less than two weeks to be precise. Blake Mason took it upon himself to head over to the Ante Up Academy, Christy had nudged him to go with her to help oversee her training. Not that Christy needed his help, she was a top champion back in 2017. Felt great she trust his judgement, made him feel good. He needed all the distraction he can find, being at home was killing him. Being inside a place designed to nurture the future of the business made him feel more at ease. The minute they stepped inside the main part of the Ante Up Academy, both of them saw Peyton in the midst of her training with none other than Kelcey Wallace overseeing things.

Blake grabbed Christy’s arm. She looked up at him.

“Hey...” she whispered.

“Don’t disturb your friend. She’s busy.” Blake whispers back.

Blake and Christy stood there. Kelcey and Peyton were speaking loud enough that Blake could get the general impression of the conversation they were having. Not wishing to disturb the mentor and mentee, Blake and Christy patiently waited for their session to end. Moments later, it did. Peyton exited the main area unaware that her friend and a man she has never met were observing the entire time. With Peyton gone, Blake looked at Christy. She silently nodded, knowing that whatever Blake intended to do, he needed to do alone.  Blake summoned up the courage to approach Kelcey. She turns around, shocked to see Blake standing there.

“Me and Christy were waiting for you to finish up. Peyton looks ready to--” for the first time Blake notices Kelcey Wallace belly. Plain as day to him, she’s showing. “-- go.”

“She is. She has been ready to--”

Not hearing what Kelcey was trying to say about Peyton, he interupts stating the obvious. “You’re pregnant?”

Kelcey places her hand on her belly. With a smile on her face beams proudly. “Yes. I am a few months along. So far, so good.”

The last thing Blake was expecting that day was to a, run into Kelcey and b, find out she was pregnant. Not like Kelcey has been a hermit since she retired full time from the wrestling ring. She has been shown on television at various SCW events. Her pregnancy shouldn’t be a surprise to a keen eye. Blake hasn’t seen Kelcey in months, last time they were supposed to see each other was the Halloween Party he changed his mind on going to. Since then, he hasn’t gone out of his way to meet up with Kelcey, figuring all things considered, it was for the best that he keeps a healthy distance from her and her family as a whole. Isolating himself from the people he has wronged felt like the best approach at the time. Living in California now, he should have known he would run into the people he has history with.

Kelcey included. He knew it was a mistake coming to Ante Up Academy.

“I’m... happy for you. Congrats.” Blake half smirks.

Kelcey smiles. “Thank you.”

Before anymore words can be spoken, Blake feels Christy Hightower grab his arm. He turns around to face her. “Blake... I could use your help.”

Blake nods. He turns the Kelcey. “You probably want to get home. Long day. Since you’re here, sorry for no showing your party. Being under the same roof with Bree would have been awkward. Probably for the best. Good luck with your family with Chris, both of you have been wanting this for ages. Finally, it’s happening.”

In Blake's head, he knew those were the right words to say. A baby coming into the world is a joyous occasion that should be celebrated. Anything that makes Kelcey happy he is in one hundred percent agreeance with. With a smile on her face Kelcey replies. “Can’t wait. I don’t want to get in the way of the work you and Christy are doing. Hope to see you back in the ring... you too, Blake. Katya firing you was a miscarriage of justice. Talk to Mr. D. He’ll make things right.”

Blake kept his eyes on Kelcey as she walks out of the main training area. He feels like an entire building was dumped on his chest processing what Kelcey told him moments earlier. Noticing that Blake wasn’t in the same gung ho frame of mind he was when they arrived at Ante Up, Christy asked, “We can reschedule if--”

Blake promptly cuts Christy off. “No. We have work to do.”

“Don’t act tough for me, I get it.”

Blake sighs. “Do you want to get back into ring shape or not?”

Christy says. “Of course I do, but---”

“What do you want to work on first?”

Christy knew she wasn’t going to win this battle. She told Blake she wanted to fine tune her conditioning. Off to the races they went.

~~~

Blake rolls his eyes vividly remembering the events of that day. He takes a deep breath to regain his composure. In the reflection of the mirror, he sees the door open, walking in is Christy Hightower. Closing the door, she uses her body to seal of Blake’s possible escape. Leaning back on the door, she says matter of factly. “Ready to talk now?”

Blake turns around. He could physically pry her out of his way if he wanted to. Not wanting to get physical with Christy, he folds his arms into his chest. “I don’t want to bore you.”

“Better then you hurting someone who doesn’t deserve it.” Christy states.

“Whose to say they wouldn’t?” Blake says flatley.

“Depends on who we’re talking about.”

“Ok. Fine. You asked for it.” Blake sighs. “I am happy for Kelcey. She deserves all the happiness in the world. Doesn’t matter how she feels about me, I will always want the best for one of the best women I ever met. Feelings like the ones I had for her, don’t go away. When I tell you that I am thrilled that Kelcey is going to give birth to a little boy or girl, I mean it with every fiber of my being. The problem is, her pregnancy reminds me of the life I could have had with her. No matter what; Chris Cannon will always win. You think I want to wrestle him again? Why? To give him closure? What closure does he need? He went home with Kelcey, raising his son, now about to welcome another kid into the world, and he needs closure? He needs one more match? What about me?”  

Overwhelmed by all the anger that is welling up inside him he closes his eyes. He hasn’t allowed himself to feel this angsty in months. It’s not “I want to break your neck” anger, nothing that extreme. He cinches his fist. Turning around he drives his hand into the mirror. The glass shatters upon impact. Opening his eyes he turns back to face Christy. She hasn’t flinched, at all.

Taking a deep breath, Blake continues,  “I would love more then anything to move on from him, no, I can’t. I am supposed to do the right thing? I’m supposed to give him a match? Regardless to what happens he goes home to live a fairy tale life. Sorry if I am not all that understanding, the way I view it, Chris always wins. No matter what, that man will always come out on top.”

Christy takes a moment to process what Blake layed on her. She has been waiting on him to say the words for months. She has been more than patient. Felt good to have her faith rewarded. “Still hate the guy?”

Blake shakes his head. “No... I’m past that. Have no interest wanting him apart of my life. We’re co-workers. End of story. For Chrissakes, Chris Cannon is a goddamn Mary Sue. Rapid dogs can tear him apart. He still wins. When he was part of The Monarchy, did he ever really pay for the crimes he committed? Did he lose anything like I have? No. Those people welcome him as a hero. Yet I have to break my ass to regain there good will? Not fair, Christy. For anyone to believe I should just accept that? No. I can’t. And I won’t. I’ll get Retribution over with, the right way. Until then, I need to find a better way to cope with all this.”

Overwhelmed by her friend finally getting all that off his chest, Christy walks over to Blake to give him a hug. Initially he just stands there, letting Christy comfort him. This wasn’t the time to push anyone else away. Blake drops his guard even more than he already has by hugging Christy back.

She breaks her silence; “Can we get out of here, please? Watching a bunch of women undress is not my idea of a productive evening.”

“What if it was Peyton?”

Blake is soon met with Christy stiffly punching him in the arm. “Ow” Blake yells.

Christy scoffs. “How many times do I need to tell you it isn’t like that?”

Blake sly smirks. “I’m not judging!”

“Can we go?” Christy sighs.

Blake chuckles. “Fine. Your secret is safe with me, by the way.”

“I have no--” Christy opens the bathroom door. “Forget it. When we get back to the hotel, want to watch a movie?”

“Better then being here. What was I thinking?”

“You weren’t.” Christy winks.

Rolling his eyes, Blake walks out of the bathroom feeling slightly better about letting Christy know what has been trying to push out of his mind. A confession of the soul is one thing. Now the hard part... dealing with it.     

~~
PROMO TIME:
~~

“Why, oh why, would William Blake Mason openly challenge Dark Fantasy’s personal executioner? To know why; you will need to bare with me. I’m rusty. Don’t mind me if I ramble a little too much. For you to understand where I’m coming from, I need to start from the beginning.”

“Less than a year ago I embarked on my version of a redemption quest, Retribution 2018 changed things in a lot of ways. No secret me and Amy had a heated personal conflict. After the dust settled, I promised myself I would change my ways. No longer would I be a man who used his connections to destroy people's lives. So far I’ve been successful. Am I firmly on the side of good? Who knows. Every person who is earmarked a villain believes they are the hero of their own story. Katya believes she is the hero. Sasha believes she is one. Matter of perspective.”

“In any  event, my goal throughout the remainder of 2018 was to become the SCW World Champion. I failed. Katya fired me. Doesn’t take a genius to connect the dots on how miserable I was, but not for the reason you think.”

“Why do we become professional wrestlers? Becoming the best drives people. Using the sport to become famous is a motivation for others. Xander, in your case, its safe to assume you use this sport to unleash whatever dark, troubled, vindictive thoughts float around in your head on a daily basis. Mr. D releasing you from your contract had to suck. Trust me, I get it, his little girl fired me. You’re not alone. During my exile I reflected back on my career. I asked myself why, why do I put myself through this. I thought becoming the best in the world drove me. I used to get upset over not getting considered one of the best to have ever done it. I made a big deal once about having the best matches every single night. I lost interest in that. As far as fame goes, wish I wasn’t famous. If I could come to work, slide under the radar and just wrestle, that would be nice. My reputation won’t allow me to become the invisible man. My cross to bare. If fame isn’t my driver and becoming the best in the world holds no real value, why am I still here? What brings me to your doorstep?”

“Conflict.”

“The story of my career in one way shape or form has been conflict. I feed off of it. Look back at all the infamous moments of my career dating back to my debut in 2008 in a company called Volatile Wrestling Alliance, when have I ever not be in the heat of some battle? We all know those people who love nothing more then to get into a fight just because. They take up a cause, right or wrong. The cause in and of itself doesn’t matter. Butting heads with someone, anyone is what gets them off. Works great for careers like professional wrestling. Football. Basketball. Any walk of life that allows you to go out there and really really stick it to someone. Being that type of guy doesn’t get you many friends. The friends you do make, people like us, we self destruct. We get in our own way. We try to maintain some semblance of balance, but it's not as easy as you think.”

“The great thing about wrestling, when the bell rings, I don’t need to hold back. I don’t have to worry about how the hell you feel about me. All I care about on the 6th of February is clashing with the Dark Fantasy’s personal executioner. Just so happens that you are on the side that no one likes.

The great thing about you Xander, it doesn’t really matter on what side of the fence you are on. Your alliance with The Network, your current one with Dark Fantasy is all window dressing. You chose sides based off a need to survive. I can’t fault that. I am the last person on Earth who is going to judge you for wishing to make a living. Not like you have ever been a guy who possessed the integrity of Abraham Lincoln. Regardless of whose side you are on, you are a man who knows who he is. You are Xander Valentine, big nasty bastard, a man who would end the career of anyone who looked at him sideways. A man who desperately wishes we were in the past when The Red Sea would split just at the very mention of your name. Perhaps it would be smart if I ran away. Lets be real, I am an impulsive guy, a bit of a masochist. I am more comfortable in my own skin then I have ever been.”

“Hey, I got my job back. Why not live it up? I have paid the price physically for the past eleven years of my professional wrestling career, what is more punishment really going to? It’ll hurt, definitely, the next morning, I don’t care how much pain I am in. I will wake up with a smile on my face. Why? I am not running from conflict any longer. I am not running away from what makes me feel alive. Were you expecting a hero speech, Xander? I’m not going to patronize you with one. It's pointless to say that you are fighting on the wrong side of history. Doesn’t matter whose side you’re fighting on....”

“I only care that you’re fighting me.”

“Bring the fight, Xander. Give me what I demand.”

“Welcome... to the Blake, Mason, Experience.”

“Thanks for coming.”